Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #501
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
J, if you think the run was suspicious, why wouldn't you vote Autumn himself? The only way your assertion makes sense (the run being suspicious) is if he is a wolf and people were trying to save him.

I am anticipating a lot of pressure on Autumn & you already. I'd like to get more discussion than just splitting votes between you two until deadline.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #502
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Back offline for the afternoon. I'll be on sometime tonight. Wife is taking our daughters to their dance practice so I will have a couple hours of quiet time to sign on.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #503
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

You guys must think Autumn is a terrible wolf. Leaving only himself with me on the bhlloy voters D1, involving himself with the D2 debacle, leaving himself as the only unknown of the D3 votees. I'd be a bit insulted if I were him.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #504
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
You guys must think Autumn is a terrible wolf. Leaving only himself with me on the bhlloy voters D1, involving himself with the D2 debacle, leaving himself as the only unknown of the D3 votees. I'd be a bit insulted if I were him.

I certainly don't think so. But as was mentioned about Lathum above, the better players know how to switch things up to make the obvious choice/clue less obvious. I mean if everyone played the same way everytime, the games would be too routine, right?
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #505
mckerney
Coordinator

Vote Autumn

Still waiting for something better to go on, haven't seen it yet.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #506
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Sorry to vote and run guys but I just got home from school and now I have to head to work and won't be back til after deadline.

Vote TheJuggler

He seems to keep going after Autumn which I think is a safe place to hide because of Autumn's vote. I was a wolf with Autumn a little while ago and he likes to play under the radar as much as possible, I seriously doubt he would play that move.

Time medieval

I would say either that or Industrial but i've voted industrial twice already and don't feel like going that route again. It wasn't so bad being in medieval.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:12 PM   #507
Zinto
College Starter

I really think we need to get a wolf today. Losing two more villagers is going to put us in a giant hole. I am not totally against Autumn today and to be honest I wouldn't be against Jag today since he hasn't done as much analysis that I usually expect out of him. I know it maybe rough to try and get him to be spot on or super active every game but from the few games I have played it is what I expect.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #508
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
I certainly don't think so. But as was mentioned about Lathum above, the better players know how to switch things up to make the obvious choice/clue less obvious. I mean if everyone played the same way everytime, the games would be too routine, right?

Still, in the absence of better information, you don't go assuming the most outrageous possibility. Is that really more likely than this being a setup where you lynch one of us today, another villager is dead, and then the wolves say, "Oh, well then the other one HAS to be a wolf"...and then you lynch another villager, game over. It's disheartening to see some of the villagers falling for this, granted it's a guarantee there are wolves involved in this bit of groupthink as well...
Old 04-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #509
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I really think we need to get a wolf today. Losing two more villagers is going to put us in a giant hole. I am not totally against Autumn today and to be honest I wouldn't be against Jag today since he hasn't done as much analysis that I usually expect out of him. I know it maybe rough to try and get him to be spot on or super active every game but from the few games I have played it is what I expect.

I don't think I've made it a secret I've been frustrated by lack of information this game. It's hard to differentiate between 9 quiet players.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #510
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

To really put it in perspective, ntn, who died N1 and is well-known as a quiet player, has more posts than all but 10 players who are still alive.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:39 PM   #511
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
To really put it in perspective, ntn, who died N1 and is well-known as a quiet player, has more posts than all but 10 players who are still alive.

Sorry, more than 10 players who are still alive.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #512
J23
College Benchwarmer

Time Ancient

Is there any reason to go away from this with the BG being dead?
Old 04-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #513
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm a little suspicious of juggler, not just because he's on me, but because both of his votes have been quite literally piggybacking on other villagers. Day one he indicated he chose his vote because it was who I was voting. Today he voted me because, he said, he liked Lathum's argument.

On most people that would get an automatic vote for me. But with someone new I think it might just be what it is, him trying to find a reason for a vote, and not knowing that's the sort of reasoning that gets you in trouble around here.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #514
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Day 1 votes

tyketime - mckerney (72)
crimsonfox - J23 (106), zinto (155), bhlloy (171), chief rum (179), saldana (233), thejuggler (240), lathum (284)
bhlloy - autumn (108), crimsonfox (198), ntn (209), JAG (225), danny (261)
eaglefan - darth (153)
ntndeacon - narcizo (122), mauboy1 (150) eaglefan (157)
saldana - daddytorgo (158), dubb (170), dwardzala (207)

The wolves' reluctance to kill from the list of D1 CF voters (with the possible exception of bhlloy assuming that was a wolf action) suggests to me there are likely at least two wolves in that list. If you're a villager in that mix, I strongly suggest looking among those players as a start.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #515
J23
College Benchwarmer

Saldana, Juggler and Lathum all made late day1 moves to get a villager killed. Given it was villager-villager, I wasn't really looking in their direction yet. That leaves Zinto, CR and I as the CF voters.

If there's 2 as you're suggesting, I'd look at CR and Zinto first in that case since I know I'm good
Old 04-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #516
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The wolves' reluctance to kill from the list of D1 CF voters (with the possible exception of bhlloy assuming that was a wolf action) suggests to me there are likely at least two wolves in that list. If you're a villager in that mix, I strongly suggest looking among those players as a start.

I think JAG makes a good point here. I think we should focus our vote on the CF votes today. I agree that there are most likely multiple wolves in that mix.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #517
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Time ancient

Until proven otherwise I think this is our optimal time based on the information we have.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #518
Autumn
Head Coach

Chief and Saldana both made comments and moves that made me suspect they were protecting bhlloy (thus my vote for bhlloy the next day). Given that he came up villager though, I don't think they make those moves if they're wolves. J23 said something at some point that gave me a good impression of him (no I don't remember what now), so I have Zinto, Lathum and Juggler as my suspects from the CF voters.

I also think we have 2-3 wolves among the non CF/Bhlloy voters, hiding out.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #519
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm a little suspicious of juggler, not just because he's on me, but because both of his votes have been quite literally piggybacking on other villagers. Day one he indicated he chose his vote because it was who I was voting. Today he voted me because, he said, he liked Lathum's argument.

On most people that would get an automatic vote for me. But with someone new I think it might just be what it is, him trying to find a reason for a vote, and not knowing that's the sort of reasoning that gets you in trouble around here.

He is also a CF voter. Something to think about too.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #520
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm going to go ahead with my reasoning from last night. Lathum falls into two categories I expect to find wolves in. That's not much. But I think if we can get several of the CF voters on the block we should get useful vote history.

VOTE LATHUM
Old 04-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #521
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I find it interesting that Autumn throws a couple of names out, then ends up on me anyway.

It clearly is in his best interest to push things towards the CF voters since he isn't one of them. I just find it odd that of all the CF voters he ends up on me, is it because he thinks I would be the easiest to get lynched based on my reputation?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:02 PM   #522
saldana
Pro Starter

a nice quiet day fortunately...not a ton to catch up on.

i would assume i am one of the "quiet" players that keep being referred to since i think i only posted twice yesterday and this is my first vote of today. all i can say to that is, trust me, i would love nothing more than to be playing more werewolf.

i dont really know where to go today...there is always the "if lathum is alive, he must be a wolf" theory, but at this point, that is so tired out to me that i dont think he will ever be NK'd.

i am inclined to vote for JAG based on his reaction to eaglefan yesterday...i thought that he was way over the top

i can also see lathum's argument against autumn. i would wager that one of them is a wolf at this point, and i am leaning towards siding with lathum.

i want to reread the day again in a little while, but for now

time medieval
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:05 PM   #523
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
I don't think I've made it a secret I've been frustrated by lack of information this game. It's hard to differentiate between 9 quiet players.

I get that and I will probably be more active now that my week has calm down. I know that I have forgotten who is all playing more then once this game.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #524
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

To go along with the CF voter line of thinking we have...

J23 - 1st vote on CF day one and no day three vote, little information

Zinto - late-ish DT vote on day three

CR - voted Autumn to put him up 2 on day three, could see one of them being a wolf but probably not both

saldana - DT voter on day 3, no real feel here

thejuggler - early Autumn voter on day 3, possible pile on vote

Lathum - late vote switch day one, first voter for Autumn on day three; give him some leniency for day one as it would be a bold wolf move, though he can be a bold wolf so I give him a little less leeway than if it were someone else
Old 04-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #525
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Now for a few group thoughts...

JAG/Autumn - Would not be surprised if there was one wolf there but I will expand on that a little more later

Autumn/CR - I don't see both of them being a wolf, one maybe, two doubtful

Lathum/Autumn - Some dynamic building there but; could see a wolf or even two in that pair; maybe wolves trying to play off each other to make the other look better? Though I am very confused here as to me Autumn appeared like he was being setup and Lathum's day one play didn't scream wolf.

thejuggler/CR/Autumn - If Autumn is good then I can't see both thejuggler and CR being wolves. With thejuggler's Autumn vote looking like a pile on I don't think CR as a wolf would also jump on that pile as he did. Though if Autumn is a wolf all theories go out the window.

J23/JAG - Actually nothing that I see here, I just keep getting their posts confused, or since JAG posts the most it would be more accurate to say that I see a J23 post and think JAG initially.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:17 PM   #526
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Stepping away for a couple. Just wanted to post what was on my mind at the moment before grabbing dinner.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #527
Zinto
College Starter

I am struggling to get a read on anybody but I figure a few of the quiet players have to be wolves. I know this paints me in a not so great light but I am willing to bite the bullet if it helps find a wolf.

Vote Mau
Old 04-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #528
Zinto
College Starter

I guess my last post didn't explain why I voted for Mau. He has been extremely quiet so far much more quiet then he has been any other game I have played with him. I also thought he didn't vote day one but that was a miss print on Autumns post but for now I figure there aren't too many better leads to go on.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #529
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I guess my last post didn't explain why I voted for Mau. He has been extremely quiet so far much more quiet then he has been any other game I have played with him. I also thought he didn't vote day one but that was a miss print on Autumns post but for now I figure there aren't too many better leads to go on.

I think this is actually a pretty decent observation. Last few times he has had a role he got caught. I wonder if he is being quiet because of it.

For now I am having a hard time pulling myself away from Autumn, but Mau is someone to keep in mind.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #530
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I just called for a first interview in a couple of hours

So I'm going to go ahead with my thoughts and votes now.

Time Ancient

I don't see a compelling reason to move us into another timeframe.

As for my vote, the three I've been getting the vibes on are Autumn, Lathum, and TheJuggler. I mentioned earlier that Autumn & Lathum are players I feel quite capable of switching it up and not going the most obvious route.

Interestingly (to me at least) are that TheJuggler & Lathum were the last two voters on CrimsonFox and the first two on Autumn.

This is my first game playing with TheJuggler, so I have the least feel for his playstyle. So I think I'll place my vote there and see what I can learn:

Vote TheJuggler

If my interview ends before the dealine, I'll pop back on to see what has transpired. Wish me luck!
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #531
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Vote count please.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #532
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

II: Autumnius Primus
I: EagleFanius Cassius
II: Lucius Thejuggleron
I: Lathumius Magnus
I: Mauboyius Aetius

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 04-06-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #533
thejuggler3
Mascot

I'm standing by my analysis that Autumn is a wolf (for better or worse). If he is, I turn a suspicious eye to any late day 3 votes.

Hope to be back from dinner before the crazy conclusion
Old 04-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #534
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote Autumn

just can't shake it. I tried, I really did.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #535
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Checking in here, but even after catching up with the days posts I don't have a clue. I think I am going to hold my vote for awhile as I plan to be around all night.
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:17 PM   #536
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'm gonna be out running a couple errands and picking up dinner, will almost certainly be back before deadline, but if someone wants to track votes, I'd be a happy Imperator.

-- Caeasar
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:23 PM   #537
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It seems to me that Autumn is in the middle of everything. I still don't buy the no wolves on bhlloy thought, and he's one of the two remaining. It has been put out there that that would be pretty poor move for wolves to make, to kill off a list of voters, leaving a wolf voter more exposed, and I can see that reasoning. What it doesn't take into account is that there are other reasons for wolves to go after a player than where he voted. If you felt you had found the seer, for instance, as a wolf, would it stop you going after him if killing him made a fellow wolf more likely to be caught? Not likely-- a dead seer is worth more than one lost wolf.

But, really, it just seems like knowing Autumn's allegiance has become a key issue for judging many of the rest of us, including myself. So for information's sake alone, I think we need to explore Autumn here.

VOTE AUTUMN
TIME ANCIENT

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #538
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote thejuggler

A runaway does us no good. Though it does seem that we may learn the most from going Autumn but a runaway on him doesn't help.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:28 PM   #539
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Juggler

I said I was voting for a CF voter today and Juggler fits that bill.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #540
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

That thought had occurred to me as well. If Lathum and juggler are both ok, I am nearly sure he would be a wolf since he latched onto Lathum's thinking at a convenient time after they both did. I also would not at all be surprised if mckerney turns up wolf. He had a single vote on tyke D1 and never moved it, and he was happy to jump on Autumn yesterday and today without giving much consideration to other possibilities. Those would be my top suspects for non-CF voters.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #541
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Looks like right now its 4 apiece between Autumn and the juggler. I am inclined to lean toward Autumn based on the day 2 events.

Vote Autumn

I also think maybe we should try something different for an era, even though the wolves may have more power there, I think the Doctor does, too.

Vote Future
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #542
thejuggler3
Mascot

Okay, going to throw it out there since a lot of who I am thinking may be wolves are voting for me. I am the Warlord. The reason I am revealing is I'm not too concerned with the vote going against me today or a NK (muhahaha). In fact, kind of think I might have been the target last night.

Just wanted to let every villager know to watch who is voting for me tonight and check out who voted late last night to save Autumn.

Doubt it will matter, but thought I would throw that out there.

Now for more sightseeing in Rome.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #543
Autumn
Head Coach

Are we supposed to know what the Warlord can do? Because I don't.

If you were the target for the night kill, why did someone else die?
Old 04-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #544
thejuggler3
Mascot

And let anyone who claims to be the warlord step forward, ya scurvy dogs. Don't worry. Unlike most, my reveal may actually help me
Old 04-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #545
thejuggler3
Mascot

Quote:
Are we supposed to know what the Warlord can do? Because I don't.

If you were the target for the night kill, why did someone else die?

Pppppppppppppppptttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

That's why

Unless I am barking up the wrong tree with you being a wolf, Autumn. In which case, sincere apologies.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #546
Autumn
Head Coach

You certainly are, juggler, but I'm just trying to understand your claim. You're suggesting that your ability deflected a kill to a different villager?

If this claim isn't countered, I suggest people join me on Lathum. I can't find it likely that one of them isn't a wolf.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #547
Autumn
Head Coach

In addition, weren't we in the medieval era last night? Your power likely couldn't have done anything last night, juggler. That said, I'd guess that it's just a mistake. I don't see a wolf coming out with that reveal right now.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #548
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

V: Autumnius Primus
I: EagleFanius Cassius
IV: Lucius Thejuggleron
I: Lathumius Magnus
I: Mauboyius Aetius
Old 04-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #549
thejuggler3
Mascot

We definitely were in the medeival era last night.

I won't reveal anything about my powers except that I don't mind a reveal at this point.

My main case is that I am waiting for someone else to claim they are the warlord or for people to not be voting for lil' old me. Or really, stay voting for me if you'd really like, for Rome is a beautiful city to be the target of a werewolf hunt.

Makes it easier to sort out the remaining wolves.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #550
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Is there any specific reason that you think youwere targeted last night juggler?

Your reveal doesn't seem wolfish but it is a head scratcher.