Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-16-2005, 12:39 PM   #1
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Ask the CEO!

Our internal website has a 'Ask the CEO' section where you can ask the President of the Company questions.. Sometimes, I just can't believe the amount of crap people worry about. Dilbert will never run out of material...

My question is related to the health classes that have been offered to the Metavante employees at no charge. Sue Emlin's yoga classes were overlooked which would round out the variety of exercise offered. Could Metavante look into bringing Sue's classes into the fold of "no charge" classes that the employee could partake in? This would make about 12-15 employees already participating in yoga very happy! Thanks for your time!

I've noticed that we recently changed our customer presentation rooms to be named after the Great Lakes. I'm not opposed to having names for our conference rooms, but for a company that is trying to establish a national presence, we continue to behave like Wisconsin is the center of the universe. What message does it send, not only to our clients, but to our employees who are spread all over the nation and the world? We aren't a little Milwaukee company, or even a regional company, anymore. The customer experience center should provide the Metavante Experience, not the Wisconsin Experience. As an "outlander", I may particularly sensitive to this, but we should also remember that most of our clients are "outlanders", too. We can show them courtesy and respect by acknowledging that the real world extends beyond M&I's horizon. Maybe we it would be more appropriate to name our rooms after *national* geographic features, one of which could be the Great Lakes.

Allow me to throw out a couple of suggestions to alleviate the serious parking situation we are having here at BDOC. First I think that we need to eliminate all "one hour employee" parking spots. Preference should be given to BDOC employees, not employees from other buildings who may have to come here for a meeting. Secondly, I think that we may need to look at reserved spaces for all first shift BDOC employees based on an algorithm that calculates where in the building you work, years of service, and grade level. As always, thank you for listening.

Hi Frank! Recently I've noticed a lot of football tickets for sale on the Post It section of inSite. Oftentimes the asking price is higher than the retail price. What are your thoughts about scalping tickets on the employee site? Even though it's a generally accepted practice, and oftentimes expected, I feel that publishing those sales on the Post It section is encouraging unethical behavior

Does Metavante have a contingency plan in the event of a bird flu pandemic? If so, what are some of the details of the plan?

When using food as a special treat, can healthier choice be made available? . My question is that when using food as a special treat; can more healthy choices be made available? The cream puffs on Monday were full of fat and sugar, and the ice cream social was a fat and high cholesterol nightmare. Can we offer fresh fruit, whole grain granola bars, frozen yogurt, and/or vegetable platters as healthy substitutes?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...

Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 12:42 PM   #2
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Is "outlander" a Metavante term, or a Wisconsin term?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 12:45 PM   #3
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I like the bird flu one
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 12:46 PM   #4
Butter
Coordinator

I imagine the guy concerned about the parking spots would be a long-term higher up who continually shows up late and gets shut out of all the good spots.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:47 PM   #5
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Is "outlander" a Metavante term, or a Wisconsin term?

Hmm.. just thought it was a common term for a 'foreigner' or stranger... Maybe it is just used up here. I know flatlander would be a Wisconsin thing referring to Illinois.. but, didn't think outlander would be unique...

I should ask the CEO...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 11-16-2005, 12:49 PM   #6
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm only familiar with the term 'annlanders' in Florida.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:28 PM   #7
Desnudo
Coordinator

I'm sure that vegetable platter would go over real well as a "special treat."
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 01:32 PM   #8
JasonC23
High School Varsity

We have an online Suggestion Box that the Executive Director answers every few months. The most classic question of all came a few years ago when anthrax was being mailed and the government released guidelines on how to spot a suspicious package. Here's the question...

"I was wondering if the IT department could advise us whether it is possible to get anthrax from email. I know that emails are usually more vulnerable to viruses than bacteria, but it's been keeping me awake at night worrying about it."

Oh, yeah.

I give the then-ED credit, though...he mentioned that he knew this could be a joke, but he was going to answer it seriously just in case, and went on to explain how e-mail viruses differ from real viruses.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:47 PM   #9
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Man, count me in on "Granola Fridays"
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:05 PM   #10
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

A few more gems...

Can the cafeteria use plates instead of plastic containers for the buffets? Frank, since the cafeteria is now called “Frank's Place” I was wondering if you could talk to them about using plates rather than plastic containers for the buffets they occasionally have. Especially if you are dining in. The staff in the cafeteria is great and they put all this effort in to making the buffets nice visually but then we are forced to cram the food in to a small plastic container making it unrecognizable. I don’t know about you but I don’t want my macaroni & cheese and mashed potatoes mix together with a cabbage roll sticking out of it. It kind of takes away the enjoyment of a good meal. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Has Metavante ever considered a Mascot? This could be something that could be used for internal events, rewards or contests. I was thinking something along the lines of "The Metavante Mountaineer" based off of our Vission, Mission, and Values sheet. (Note: If you are sending in questions to the CEO, you might want to checking the spelling first)
Old 05-10-2006, 12:08 PM   #11
digamma
Torchbearer

Our conference rooms are named after explorers. I have a meeting in Cheng Ho later this morning and one in Marco Polo to end the day.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:11 PM   #12
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Hi Frank! Recently I've noticed a lot of football tickets for sale on the Post It section of inSite. Oftentimes the asking price is higher than the retail price. What are your thoughts about scalping tickets on the employee site? Even though it's a generally accepted practice, and oftentimes expected, I feel that publishing those sales on the Post It section is encouraging unethical behavior

Does Metavante have a contingency plan in the event of a bird flu pandemic? If so, what are some of the details of the plan?

I thought these two were valid and the type of items a CEO would cover in an employee Q&A
Old 05-10-2006, 12:18 PM   #13
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
I don’t know about you but I don’t want my macaroni & cheese and mashed potatoes mix together with a cabbage roll sticking out of it. It kind of takes away the enjoyment of a good meal. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
Dear Tubby McFatass,
If you're concerned about how much food you're aable to cram onto your plate at the buffett, please put down your styrofoam container, back away from the mashed potatoes, and do some sit-ups for crying out loud. And remind me to cancel your healthcare, Mr. Artery Blocakge.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:20 PM   #14
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I'm hungry for cabbage rolls now damn it...
Old 05-10-2006, 12:20 PM   #15
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I had a temp job last year at which the meeting rooms were called the "Yin-Yang Room" and the "Jedi Room." I had lots of meetings in the Yin-Yang Room, but I only went into the Jedi Room once or twice. The Jedi Room was awfully nice, and I wish I could have spent more time there.

I should look around my current company's internal web pages to see if this place has anything funny in it (besides me and a bunch of coal dust).
Old 05-10-2006, 12:21 PM   #16
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think the football ticket question one is valid. The parking space one cracked me up. Maybe the person who made the suggestion could go outside every hour and move his car.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:45 PM   #17
kcchief19
Pro Starter

The naming things after local geography I think is a valid concern too. When I first moved to Kansas City, I noticed a lot of local flack in the business community about Kansas City having a "cowtown" image. I would tell anybody who listens that if the first thing people see when they land at the airport is a gift shop with a bunch of t-shirts with cows all over them, you're going to have a cowntown image.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:32 PM   #18
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
I thought these two were valid and the type of items a CEO would cover in an employee Q&A

In the event of a bird flu pandemic, does your company really need a contingency plan other than: "Go home and stay home"?
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:37 PM   #19
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake
In the event of a bird flu pandemic, does your company really need a contingency plan other than: "Go home and stay home"?
Do you think a major corporation would actually do onlky that, ha!
Old 05-10-2006, 04:11 PM   #20
Drake
assmaster

Um, yes? In the event of a major pandemic, the company I work for isn't responsible for my health and well-being.

Now, if you're talking about contingency planning for handling essential business functions (which, as I re-read the comment, may be what the guy meant), then yeah, I'd expect them to have some sort of recovery plan.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:42 AM   #21
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Haven't put in a ask the CEO question in a while...

Question:

Frank, What are we going to do with all the Metavante branded styrofoam cups now that we will be FIS?

Answer:

The transaction with FIS is not scheduled to close until the third quarter, and until then, we are Metavante. After that, we'll use the cups until they run out. Thank you for your support.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:48 AM   #22
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I work in an IT group. We have three test servers that are used to hold the testing applications. Server names are Elaine, George, and Kramer.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #23
Passacaglia
Coordinator

ich bin ein auslander
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #24
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think the football ticket question one is valid. The parking space one cracked me up. Maybe the person who made the suggestion could go outside every hour and move his car.

People here move their cars every 2 hours on a daily basis (parking meters).

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #25
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

To be fair, aren't questions that make it through to this really lame since they're pre-screened? It's not like he's going to let the following sentence see the light of day: "Why did you get a $1M bonus above the previous year when one of our biggest problems is the customer call center and the pay scale there has been lowered and 15 positions eliminated, resulting in longer wait times?"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:48 AM   #26
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
To be fair, aren't questions that make it through to this really lame since they're pre-screened?

There are some questions that are valid and are good questions that are in our ask the CEO section.

I think the ones that are questions that a CEO really shouldn't be concerning himself with are just put in there just as 'Hey, I'll answer all your questions!' propaganda.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #27
JediKooter
Coordinator

I wonder if Pumpy ever got invited back to the Jedi room...

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #28
DanGarion
Coordinator

On our national corporate intranet site some person posted on the message board complaining about the refrigerator and it being cleaned out.

Quote:
I have a suggestion in regards to the cleaning/throwing out food in the refrigerators on the 3rd floor break room.

On several occasions, I have had my food thrown away. The food that was thrown away was either prepackaged frozen food or unopened, unexpired, prepackaged food that I brought from the store during my lunch break.

Is it possible that employees could put their name AND the date that it was put into the refrigerator on the items that are placed into the refrigerator or freezer? In these tough economic times, throwing out perfectly good food can be a hardship for many employees. I've had 3 days worth of lunch thrown out and did not have money to replace what was thrown out.

I responded telling he should bring it up to her local facilities people instead of putting it on a national message board and she got in a tiff because I provided a solution to her, and then other people thought the message board was a perfect place for people to complain about this.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:47 PM   #29
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Our internal website has a 'Ask the CEO' section where you can ask the President of the Company questions.. Sometimes, I just can't believe the amount of crap people worry about. Dilbert will never run out of material...

My question is related to the health classes that have been offered to the Metavante employees at no charge. Sue Emlin's yoga classes were overlooked which would round out the variety of exercise offered. Could Metavante look into bringing Sue's classes into the fold of "no charge" classes that the employee could partake in? This would make about 12-15 employees already participating in yoga very happy! Thanks for your time!

I've noticed that we recently changed our customer presentation rooms to be named after the Great Lakes. I'm not opposed to having names for our conference rooms, but for a company that is trying to establish a national presence, we continue to behave like Wisconsin is the center of the universe. What message does it send, not only to our clients, but to our employees who are spread all over the nation and the world? We aren't a little Milwaukee company, or even a regional company, anymore. The customer experience center should provide the Metavante Experience, not the Wisconsin Experience. As an "outlander", I may particularly sensitive to this, but we should also remember that most of our clients are "outlanders", too. We can show them courtesy and respect by acknowledging that the real world extends beyond M&I's horizon. Maybe we it would be more appropriate to name our rooms after *national* geographic features, one of which could be the Great Lakes.

Allow me to throw out a couple of suggestions to alleviate the serious parking situation we are having here at BDOC. First I think that we need to eliminate all "one hour employee" parking spots. Preference should be given to BDOC employees, not employees from other buildings who may have to come here for a meeting. Secondly, I think that we may need to look at reserved spaces for all first shift BDOC employees based on an algorithm that calculates where in the building you work, years of service, and grade level. As always, thank you for listening.

When using food as a special treat, can healthier choice be made available? . My question is that when using food as a special treat; can more healthy choices be made available? The cream puffs on Monday were full of fat and sugar, and the ice cream social was a fat and high cholesterol nightmare. Can we offer fresh fruit, whole grain granola bars, frozen yogurt, and/or vegetable platters as healthy substitutes?

"First, I want to thank all those who put the time in to ask questions. Your effort here has been noted. And I mean that.

Great questions. Sue, I appreciate you asking whether the company would like to subsidize the yoga class you run. Answer: Hell no.

The easy-to-remember conference room names have just been changed to a more politically correct and confusing alphanumeric system. Thank you, Employee #A126B19.

With regard to the parking situation, park and walk -- and quit crying about it -- and maybe join Sue's yoga class, chubby.

Good catch on the football tickets. How about $225 for the pair, then?

Metavante is very concerned about our employee's health and we certainly do have a contingency plan in the event of a bird flu pandemic. You should see "Bring Out Your Dead" carts patrolling every isle by Monday (assuming our cart-pullers survive).

Lastly, great question about healthy choices of snacks as a special treat. Many of you know that I'm a huge proponent of punishing people and calling it a reward (witness the extra critque and assignments any time you present to management) but even *I* don't have the balls to do this. Perhaps when they invent a thicker bulletproof vest.

So, keep them questions coming...at least until we've identified all the people who have all this extra time to ask these type of questions.

Thank you,
CEO Murphy"
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:51 PM   #30
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Good catch on the football tickets. How about $225 for the pair, then?

Or...I wouldn't worry about it, you're working on Sundays from now on.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #31
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Excellent, Bobble

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 05-11-2009 at 03:53 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:06 AM   #32
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks Jeff!

As honorary CEO for the day, Jeff (from security) has declared tomorrow Jeans and Cake and Ice Cream Day!!!!

*sigh*

My life has devolved into being excited about a jeans day.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:18 AM   #33
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Wearing jeans would be cool, but I would not be excited about wearing cake and ice cream. That sounds more like a Pumpy thing.

And, before it's asked -- you got involved by being the kind of guy who likes to wear cake and ice cream.

EDIT: Oh, and also, we already know you're done here.

2nd edit: So please stop causing problems.

Last edited by Passacaglia : 06-25-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #34
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Thanks Jeff!

As honorary CEO for the day, Jeff (from security) has declared tomorrow Jeans and Cake and Ice Cream Day!!!!

*sigh*

My life has devolved into being excited about a jeans day.

How did Jeff (from security) become CEO for the day? Also, who the hell is running security if Jeff is the CEO for the day? Honorary that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:03 AM   #35
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Wearing jeans would be cool, but I would not be excited about wearing cake and ice cream. That sounds more like a Pumpy thing.

And, before it's asked -- you got involved by being the kind of guy who likes to wear cake and ice cream.

EDIT: Oh, and also, we already know you're done here.

2nd edit: So please stop causing problems.
Why, yes, that is a roll of quarters in your pocket.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:59 AM   #36
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Hmm.. just thought it was a common term for a 'foreigner' or stranger... Maybe it is just used up here. I know flatlander would be a Wisconsin thing referring to Illinois.. but, didn't think outlander would be unique...

I should ask the CEO...

OUTLANDER! OUTLANDER! WE HAVE YOUR WOMAN!
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:50 AM   #37
Autumn
Head Coach

I love imagining corporate resources being devoted to creating a parking space algorithm. That's hilarious. And they'd have to reshuffle spots every time someone moved offices or got promoted.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:07 AM   #38
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
How did Jeff (from security) become CEO for the day? Also, who the hell is running security if Jeff is the CEO for the day? Honorary that is.

Every year they run a series of auctions on items and all the proceeds go to the Godfather.. sorry, I mean United Way.

Jeff bid on the 'CEO for a day package' and won. Huzzah Huzzah.

Oh, and the CEO is doing Jeff's job today.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:09 AM   #39
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Why, yes, that is a roll of quarters in your pocket.

Yep. So that gets me 40 times with your cousin, right?
Old 06-26-2009, 10:09 AM   #40
Autumn
Head Coach

I'd love it if Jeff sold the company to a conglomerate.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:10 AM   #41
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I'd love it if Jeff sold the company to a conglomerate.

Or if the whole office was raided due to the CEO falling asleep at his security post.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:22 AM   #42
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
OUTLANDER! OUTLANDER! WE HAVE YOUR WOMAN!

This South Park reference should not go unheralded!
Old 06-26-2009, 10:29 AM   #43
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Yep. So that gets me 40 times with your cousin, right?
ice cold imo

(but so true)
Old 06-26-2009, 10:31 AM   #44
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post

Nor shall your failure to recognize the True Source of the quote (Children of the Corn) go unheralded and unmocked, you uncultured fuck!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #45
miked
College Starter

Blah...Southpark iss: Corn Children, bastage
Old 06-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #46
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post

Well, SP took it from Children of the Corn.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #47
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Jeans Day? I work in high-end IT and I don't think there have been a day in the past 15 years that I have not worn jeans. I pity those that are not allowed to wear jeans or can only do so on a certain day.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:21 PM   #48
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Jeans Day? I work in high-end IT and I don't think there have been a day in the past 15 years that I have not worn jeans. I pity those that are not allowed to wear jeans or can only do so on a certain day.

It's in the banking industry. If you wear jeans, the entire system breaks down.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:00 PM   #49
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Every year they run a series of auctions on items and all the proceeds go to the Godfather.. sorry, I mean United Way.

Jeff bid on the 'CEO for a day package' and won. Huzzah Huzzah.

Oh, and the CEO is doing Jeff's job today.

That'd be pretty nice if it included the CEO salary.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:21 PM   #50
sabotai
General Manager

Yeah, I was referencing Children of the Corn. I first heard the term "outlander" when I watched that movie, so I always think of it when I see or hear the word.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote