Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #51
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb but I'd be willing to bet that Kate does fewer "chores" than one would think. I know she was very adament in pointing out that Jon has "help" while she's out touring the country promoting her book. I can't imagine that help goes away when she comes home. In fact I wouldn't be surprised at all if TLC staffers do most of the work - as it was when they had the birthday party all she did was boss around her friends (and TLC production crew guys since Jon wasn't there to be bossed around) to set everything up.

I think at the beginning they really did have to do all the mundane things themselves (you know, like have a job) and that's what made the show concept interesting but once the show took off and Jon and Kate became stars I'm pretty sure all that went out the window.

I suspect she probably does have some degree of help, but if that help is not 3-5 people cooking, cleaning, washing laundry, helping the kids get bathed, etc. at least 4 days per week...then I would say she still has quite a TON of menial chores to do regularly. The episode is 1 hour...spread over weeks/months of filming. By no means do we see a real documentary of their life...it's "reality" TV, which is not reality as we all know.

These are different people, with different life circumstances, than you saw in the beginning. The show is also different...as mentioned it's more about promoting and filming special trips/companies than documenting what struggles a couple has raising 8 kids. I found the show interesting & cute early on because of the kids...I now find it sad that they continue filming a family that has serious internal issues. I find a distinction here between prior to this season, and before this season...maybe this not the case for everybody?

The parents should have called it quits at the end of last season so their kids don't have to see this crap in the future...but I don't blame them for living their lives with a camera crew (prior to this season) to make enough to help their kids' quality of life and future college plans along.

SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:12 PM   #52
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
These people are attention whores. The only insanity is the fact they they choose this situation. ... They are just as bad as octomom.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:24 PM   #53
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

How did being artificially inseminated mean that they wanted that many kids? Just because they didn't feel right ditching a bunch of the eggs doesn't mean that they expected to have 6 new kids when they started the process...
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #54
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
How did being artificially inseminated mean that they wanted that many kids? Just because they didn't feel right ditching a bunch of the eggs doesn't mean that they expected to have 6 new kids when they started the process...

Their doctor most likely told them that they would probably have multiples if they went with that many eggs.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:46 PM   #55
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post

Well they already had two kids, which in the crowded world we live in is more then enough already. But then they decided to go ahead and get 7 eggs inserted and 6 of them went gold (pun intended).
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #56
JediKooter
Coordinator

I'm sticking with the Roloffs.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #57
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Well they already had two kids, which in the crowded world we live in is more then enough already. But then they decided to go ahead and get 7 eggs inserted and 6 of them went gold (pun intended).

They didn't do IVF, I believe she took clomid which frequently causes hyperovulation. Now back to your pedestal...
Old 06-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #58
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
They didn't do IVF, I believe she took clomid which frequently causes hyperovulation. Now back to your pedestal...

And that just so happens to be what my wife is on right now...look for my reality show in the next couple of years
Old 06-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #59
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Actually, there's one bit of good news here for men: If you're wife/girlfriend watches this show, for a limited time you can win any argument with her by waiting for her to make some sort of demand and then simply saying "OK, Kate".

Note: Does not work if her name is actually Kate.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:06 PM   #60
Easy Mac

I've been using that one for a while
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:07 PM   #61
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
And that just so happens to be what my wife is on right now...look for my reality show in the next couple of years

I think the next one will be called, "Darryl and Brent Plus Three"

Flames new coach is fifth Sutter family member in organization - NHL - CBSSports.com Hockey
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:38 PM   #62
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Well they already had two kids, which in the crowded world we live in is more then enough already.

That's total judgmental bullshit. Yes, the world's population is getting intense, but when we get to the point of telling people how many kids they can have (like China), I fucking give up. Enough with the governmental power. It's getting scary, but people are just eating it up now days.

I have one kid (technically a step-daughter, but she's my girl), and that's enough for me, but saying that two is enough is crap. I don't know why your posts piss me off so much.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:50 PM   #63
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
That's total judgmental bullshit. Yes, the world's population is getting intense, but when we get to the point of telling people how many kids they can have (like China), I fucking give up. Enough with the governmental power. It's getting scary, but people are just eating it up now days.

I have one kid (technically a step-daughter, but she's my girl), and that's enough for me, but saying that two is enough is crap. I don't know why your posts piss me off so much.

Sorry to bring politics into this. I hate politics, and didn't mean to turn this into that. My bad. Ignore my post.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:50 PM   #64
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

I agree with one exception. If you can't support your own kids, you shouldn't be having them. While people may not like Kate and John, they at least have found ways to support their kids without relying on the government and other taxpayers.

I find the shit people giving them a little disturbing. At least he's an educated guy who had/has a good job. I'd show my disdain for the lady in the projects having her 5th kid while heading to the store paying with food stamps.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:05 PM   #65
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I agree with one exception. If you can't support your own kids, you shouldn't be having them. While people may not like Kate and John, they at least have found ways to support their kids without relying on the government and other taxpayers.

I find the shit people giving them a little disturbing. At least he's an educated guy who had/has a good job. I'd show my disdain for the lady in the projects having her 5th kid while heading to the store paying with food stamps.

oooh so you mean octomom?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:06 PM   #66
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
oooh so you mean octomom?
Haven't really followed her story much.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:29 PM   #67
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Haven't really followed her story much.

Where is your rock and can I join it?

Last edited by RedKingGold : 06-23-2009 at 10:29 PM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:32 PM   #68
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:

I doubt John (is it John or Jon?) could afford to support six more kids (plus the first two) on his salary. They found ways to support them by parading them around. Notice how Octomom has a reality show deal now.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:35 PM   #69
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Where is your rock and can I join it?

He lives in the rock next to mine, I've been living under it for about 5 months.

Besides what's been posted here or on Facebook/Twitter updates, I know close to nothing about either of these cases.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:42 PM   #70
RedKingGold
College Starter

Apparently, I need to move to a new rock.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:44 PM   #71
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Why is there a thread about this crap?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:56 PM   #72
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
No pedestal, I'm just a realist that thinks about more then myself.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:57 PM   #73
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

Yes exploiting your children is a wonderful way of supporting them...
Old 06-23-2009, 10:59 PM   #74
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Sorry to bring politics into this. I hate politics, and didn't mean to turn this into that. My bad. Ignore my post.

I was really trying to stay away from it. I'm not into controlling people or telling them how many children they should have, but people really need to think of more then just themselves when it comes to having kids. It's not just a ME thing when you have a child, there is an impact to all of society.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:19 AM   #75
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Why is there a thread about this crap?

Yeah, I guess I lean this way as well. I will say it's one more drop in the deserved criticism bucket for reality television, though. John is well known for whining about Kate and usually avoiding the household chores, still has the TV show exploiting the kids despite making a ton of money, and now for being an adulterer, even though his new girlfriend is much hotter(and not a bitch).

IMO, all of this, except the whining crap, which will doubtless continue, is a sign of his wife pussy whipping him and his maturity issues. It will get better as he gets older, but of course, right now, he's still really a kid.

Some guys don't act like this at a young age. Tim "the Toolman" Taylor comes to mind. Mike Brady back in the day. But they're probably more the exception than the rule.

I think John should call Kate and apologize for fucking the school teacher. That's about all that's needed, IMO. That and hoping John remembers this if he is ever in this same situation again, to dodge the cameras.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:53 AM   #76
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Yes exploiting your children is a wonderful way of supporting them...
Not my business. We each have our own views on what's best for children. As long as they aren't putting a burden on others, I don't care.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:19 AM   #77
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I think John should call Kate and apologize for fucking the school teacher. That's about all that's needed, IMO. That and hoping John remembers this if he is ever in this same situation again, to dodge the cameras.

That's not what this is about, really. The whole thing started when Kate told him to quit his job so she could go on book tours and such, and he became Mr. Mom and was not happy about it but never stood up to her. I'm sure there were other little things, but that seems to be the genesis of it. The adultery was really him just acting out from being in a bad relationship and situation he didn't want to be in. And to the extent it got him out of the relationship quicker, I guess it was worth it. It wouldn't even surprise me if Kate knew about it (her brother claims she presented him with a contract last year that allowed him to see other women as long as he performed his duties on the show).
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-24-2009 at 07:20 AM.
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:45 AM   #78
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
I doubt John (is it John or Jon?) could afford to support six more kids (plus the first two) on his salary. They found ways to support them by parading them around. Notice how Octomom has a reality show deal now.

There is a pretty big difference in that these people took fertility drugs because they wanted more children (they wanted one more) and found the reality show as a means to deal with the crushing financial burden of 8 children.

The Octomom was artfiicially inseminated with a large number of eggs because she wanted to get a reality show.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:50 AM   #79
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
It wouldn't even surprise me if Kate knew about it (her brother claims she presented him with a contract last year that allowed him to see other women as long as he performed his duties on the show).

LOL - that's just messed up
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:05 AM   #80
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
Fid, have a look at another show on TLC, 25 kids and counting or something like that. Mom and dad on that show are nothing like Jon and Kate. True, they don't have sets of multiples, but they have like 20 kids!!! TWENTY...and neither of the parents are bitchy and neither of them tune each other out. Tight ship or not, there is a right way to run one and a wrong way to run one...Jon and Kate are both trying to steer at the same time but are going in different directions.

And as for needing the revenue from the show to raise the kids...well, easy solution, stop taking fertility drugs if you can't support a big family!!!!

I think the show you are talking about is 18 kids and counting and they have 2 sets of multiples. But they have their house more structured, and the husband and wife are just more respectful and loving to one another.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:07 AM   #81
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

My wife was saying that she read this morning that in the divorce papers Kate filed, she claims they've been separated for 2 years? Anyone else heard this?

If that's true, that's hilarious.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 06-24-2009, 10:17 AM   #82
Ksyrup

From what one of our secretaries told me, she read somewhere that in PA, the divorce form has 2 check boxes - 90 days or 2 years. So 2 years was checked off. Not sure if that's true or why they make it such a drastic either/or, but that's the explanation that's being floated.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-24-2009, 10:32 AM   #83
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
LOL - that's just messed up

Who knows what the truth is, and clearly Kate is on the outs with some of her family, so I guess you have to take these things for what they are. Apparently, the brother/sister-in-law were on the show early on and helped with the kids. At some point, they began to question whether continuing the show was good for the family/kids and had a falling out with Kate. According to them, they are/were still in contact with Jon.

Below is from about a month ago. Kate's brother and sister-in-law did a series of (supposedly) unpaid interviews with Radar Online (somewhere between Perez Hilton and People...?) that seemed to indirectly lead to the PA investigation into child labor law violations.

Quote:
Radar is reporting that Kate Gosselin gave hubby Jon a contract saying he could date other woman on the condition that he showed up for filming of their reality show, Jon & Kate Plus 8.

In this video clip, Kate's brother and sister-in-law Kevin and Jodi Kreider reveal that Kate "told Jon their relationship is over and they should begin dating others." Then, the reality star created a new contract, with the terms and conditions of their broken marriage.

"All we know is what Jon told us," the couple says. "that Kate came to him with a contract saying he could have girlfriends and that he can do his own thing."

In another part of the interview, they say that as long as over a year ago, the film crew was expressing discomfort over filming the family because Jon and Kate weren't getting along, the kids didn't seem to like the cameras, and that, according to them, one of the camera guys told them they would get as little as 15 usuable minutes out of an 8-hour film session because of the marital issues.

Not sure if any of it is true, but they are getting a divorce now, so...!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #84
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Not my business. We each have our own views on what's best for children. As long as they aren't putting a burden on others, I don't care.

I think just about everyone in the right mind can agree that exploiting children for financial gain isn't what's best for any child. But what do I know, I'm not a parent, which means I'm not allowed to have an opinion about what's best for children.

Last edited by DanGarion : 06-24-2009 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:34 AM   #85
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
There is a pretty big difference in that these people took fertility drugs because they wanted more children (they wanted one more) and found the reality show as a means to deal with the crushing financial burden of 8 children.

The Octomom was artfiicially inseminated with a large number of eggs because she wanted to get a reality show.

Just like a kid wants to be like Mike, octomom wanted to be like Jon and Kate. If there wasn't a show that glorified this it would have been much less likely to happen.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:37 AM   #86
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
... Radar Online (somewhere between Perez Hilton and People...?)
Going off of memory, I believe Radar Online is the same place that did all the Octomom interviews and tapings.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:42 AM   #87
Ksyrup

Quote:
Just like a kid wants to be like Mike, octomom wanted to be like Jon and Kate. If there wasn't a show that glorified this it would have been much less likely to happen.

We should ban music, too, so kids don't do drugs and kill themselves.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:53 AM   #88
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

The one positive out of this is that (for the time being) there is one less reality TV show in the world.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:57 AM   #89
Ksyrup

If it wasn't for reality TV, all I'd need a TV for is sports.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #90
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
We should ban music, too, so kids don't do drugs and kill themselves.

I'm not saying to ban the show, I'm just attempting to explain why people are stupid.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:22 AM   #91
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's not what this is about, really. The whole thing started when Kate told him to quit his job so she could go on book tours and such, and he became Mr. Mom and was not happy about it but never stood up to her. I'm sure there were other little things, but that seems to be the genesis of it. The adultery was really him just acting out from being in a bad relationship and situation he didn't want to be in. And to the extent it got him out of the relationship quicker, I guess it was worth it. It wouldn't even surprise me if Kate knew about it (her brother claims she presented him with a contract last year that allowed him to see other women as long as he performed his duties on the show).

(it was a parody post using Rum's "Sid the Kid is an immature baby" post stanley cup playoffs rant. notice how I reference Mike Brady a paragraph earlier)
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:58 AM   #92
Ksyrup

Mike Brady played hockey?
Old 06-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #93
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Mike Brady played hockey?

No, but Tom Brady does...he's awesome at everything.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:20 PM   #94
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
(it was a parody post using Rum's "Sid the Kid is an immature baby" post stanley cup playoffs rant. notice how I reference Mike Brady a paragraph earlier)

you were right...it CAN be used everywhere.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:39 PM   #95
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
I think just about everyone in the right mind can agree that exploiting children for financial gain isn't what's best for any child. But what do I know, I'm not a parent, which means I'm not allowed to have an opinion about what's best for children.

What if the money from this show and the subsequent books went into college funds for these kids? What if it allows them to attend top notch schools? I don't have kids either and I wouldn't put my kids through this, but I'm not necessarily going to say it's immoral.

I personally believe forcing your kids to attend church on Sunday is wrong, but that's just my personal opinion. Lot of parents I'm sure would see it differently.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:52 PM   #96
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
What if the money from this show and the subsequent books went into college funds for these kids? What if it allows them to attend top notch schools? I don't have kids either and I wouldn't put my kids through this, but I'm not necessarily going to say it's immoral.

I personally believe forcing your kids to attend church on Sunday is wrong, but that's just my personal opinion. Lot of parents I'm sure would see it differently.

I'm in agreement about the church thing.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:06 PM   #97
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

One of the moms at our daycare has subsidized care, she pays a dollar a day while we have to pay about $30. So of course we're essentially paying for our own kid AND hers through our taxes. And then what does she do? Have ANOTHER ONE. If you can't afford the first, don't have a second.

But why worry when you can get a free ride?
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:04 AM   #98
BishopMVP
Coordinator

I had never heard more than a mention of this show until about 2-3 months ago when it started blowing up. In addition to setting a terrible example (that you can have more kids than you can afford, whore them out for publicity and become a reality "star"), could this woman be a bigger self-centered bitch?

BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:22 AM   #99
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Wow, that is a pretty damning video.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:34 AM   #100
Ksyrup

I hadn't seen that until now, but my mom mentioned it last week and said it finally turned her against Kate. That was pretty inexcusable. The ONLY justification would be if she gave one a drink, that they'd all start throwing a fit about not getting a drink. But it doesn't look like she put that much thought into it.