Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-21-2003, 08:35 AM   #1
gstelmack
Pro Starter

OT - XSN Sports?

We ever get anywhere with the XSN Sports thing for Xbox? I've got NFL Fever 2004 now and wouldn't mind trying out their competition feature, even if it's only with a couple other people.

I also have CounterStrike, Rainbow Six 3, and Project Gotham Racing 2 if anyone is up for some online playing. My Gamertag is KBear (the things you'll come up with when your first choices are all taken...)

gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 08:45 AM   #2
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I have TopSpin (now) and will have Links 2K4 (Christmas). Willing to take on any/all challengers.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:01 PM   #3
davidlando1
Mascot

I have PGR2, ESPN Football and Hockey, Midtown Madness 3 and I'm thinking about getting Top Spin in the next few days. My Gamertag is Raiderfan71, and I would love to get some gametime in. How is the Fever 2004?? or does anyone have the NBA game from Microsoft yet?
davidlando1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 01:50 PM   #4
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I have NBA Inside Drive 2004. It's a great game to play online, in my opinion, although I like Sega's game better for single-player action.

I'm willing to play Top Spin, Links 2004, or NBA Inside Drive 2004 through XSN. I don't have Fever or Rivals, and I don't plan to get them. I might get Amped 2 down the road.

Outside of XSN, Project Gotham Racing 2 is a great game. It's definitely my favorite game right now, both as a single-player experience and over Xbox Live. Highly recommended.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:51 PM   #5
SackAttack
Head Coach

Liiiiiiiiinks.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 01:52 PM   #6
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Dola

My gamertag is Pumpy. Feel free to add me to your friends list, FOFC people, and if you see me online playing something, don't hesitate to invite me. If I have the game you're inviting me to, I'm very likely to join you. I'm always looking for a challenge, although I'm not very good at any of my games yet, except maybe ESPN College Hoops.
Old 12-21-2003, 02:02 PM   #7
SackAttack
Head Coach

<--Rincewind.
Old 12-21-2003, 02:27 PM   #8
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Speaking of Xbox Live (I should probably start a new thread, but I'll take my chances), is there any way that I can get a cheap headset/microphone to plug into my communicator? I broke the clip that connects the mic to the headset, and now I'm using tape to hold them together. I don't want to spend $30 on a new communicator, because it's really just the headpiece that I need. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 12-21-2003, 02:28 PM   #9
SackAttack
Head Coach

Pick up the Mad Catz headset from Best Buy, $4.99. It'll plug in the same way.
Old 12-21-2003, 02:45 PM   #10
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Thanks! Going to Best Buy now. At that price, I'll probably get two just so I don't get in this predicament again, should I break another.
Old 12-22-2003, 02:55 AM   #11
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Gamertag: KingNeb

Best game I'm playing right now (and til another great FPS comes out) is Rainbow Six 3. I also own ESPN NBA, but I haven't played that more than once a week since I got into Rainbow. A fannnntastic game, once you get used to it. Even getting used to it, it's still a blast. I also own Links which works well (when I hit the damn ball straight and when my cable connection doesn't poop out)

Roomy may be getting DDR for the Xbox, so if he does I'll play that. Feel free to add me to your lists.

Ey wull seee u onlune doods!
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 12:53 PM   #12
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by davidlando1
How is the Fever 2004??

The best I can say right now is "I'm not sure". My main complaint that I'm trying to figure out is that defensive players seem to want the ball more than offensive players. What I mean by this is my receiver has a step on the defender so I throw a bullet pass that leads him nicely. As soon as I throw, the defender speeds up, gets past my receiver, and either picks the ball off or intercepts it. If there is a defender anywhere near the receiver, you aren't completing the pass. Also, I've got a case in one play where my receiver runs a corner route but the QB throws a post, every time (repeatable in practice mode). And if you play in "read-and-lead" passing, the defenders are much better at adjusting to a mis-throw than your receivers.

I contrast this with ESPN that seems to work much more like the real NFL: if my receiver is open, he's going to get there first, barring another defender being in the area the ball is being thrown to. And your receiver actually has a shot at a jump ball, although you are taking your chances.

The running game seems to work pretty well. And passing works well if your guy is wide open.