Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-24-2008, 11:46 AM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 10!!! Uploads due Tuesday September 30th!!

Reminder - XBL will be down all day Monday the 29th.

Week 10 schedule

Colorado @ #25 Texas A&M
#5 Arkansas vs Tulsa
#6 Oklahoma State vs Iowa State
Virginia vs #22 Miami
USF @ #23 Cincinnati
Pitt @ Notre Dame
#13 Mississippi State vs Kentucky

North Carolina, NC State and Rutgers bye weeks

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #2
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Mississippi State vs. Kentucky is a human game...Grammaticus I believe?

Anyway, here's my availibility (all times listed are CST):

I can play anytime between 3:30 and 9:30 (those are start times, so if we start at 9:30, I'm cool) today, tomorrow, Monday or Tuesday. Tonight is the one exception, I have to leave from about 5:30-8:30 but will be around the rest.

Friday night I'm open as well and then Saturday I can play anytime EXCEPT 2:30-6:00 because I will be watching my Boilermakers kick the ever-loving crap out of the Fighting Irish.

And I can play Sunday.

Hopefully that's a pretty decent list. Otherwise, I'm now dying to get home to see if I landed any recruits. The guy I'm waiting on has a Florida visit scheduled and I'm really, really worried.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 09-24-2008 at 04:24 PM.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:57 PM   #3
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Has anybody been able to get the EA Sportsworld on-line dynasty to work for our league? I know that it is active now.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 09-24-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:20 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Ironhead - 10 tonight right
Old 09-24-2008, 01:48 PM   #5
cmp
Pro Rookie

Arkansas gets a 56-26 victory behind Michael Smith's 200 yards rushing and 5 touchdowns. Now comes the final tough stretch with South Carolina, Miss. St., and LSU.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:01 PM   #6
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
Arkansas gets a 56-26 victory behind Michael Smith's 200 yards rushing and 5 touchdowns. Now comes the final tough stretch with South Carolina, Miss. St., and LSU.

Hehe, "tough", I'm just hoping you overlook me so that I can somehow keep it within twenty. You've been scoring a ton.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:00 PM   #7
bignej
High School JV

Pitt beats Notre Dame 50-37. Clausen lit me up for 3 1st quarter TDs but somehow I was able to outpace them in a shootout. I really need some defensive players.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:12 PM   #8
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignej View Post
Pitt beats Notre Dame 50-37. Clausen lit me up for 3 1st quarter TDs but somehow I was able to outpace them in a shootout. I really need some defensive players.

You're fine without defensive players.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:31 PM   #9
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Ironhead - 10 tonight right

yep
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:38 PM   #10
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

About to jump in against #23 Cincinnati. Big game here that could help decide whether I'm aiming for a good season, or a great season.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:40 PM   #11
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
About to jump in against #23 Cincinnati. Big game here that could help decide whether I'm aiming for a good season, or a great season.

Good luck Karl!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:22 PM   #12
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Just had a great game vs Ironhead's Aggies in College Station.

Videos are forthcoming, but the gist of it is Colorado knocks off #25 Texas A&M 35-28. It was a game that started off really slow, as I couldn't move the ball, and while he could, we held tough and stopped them from scoring.

It was a 0-0 first quarter, then a minute in to the second, McGee hit Morrow for 26 yards to put A&M up 7-0.

He got the ball back on a 3 and out, but an errant pass to my safety turned into a pick six to make it 7 up.

Then his RB Stephens had a remarkable 56 yard TD run that had me fuming, and A&M is up 14-7.

Back and forth we continued, this time I put together a nice drive, topped off by a 10 yard Darrell Scott TD to tie it up.

With 59 seconds left, we hold A&M in the redzone and force them to settle for 3 to make it 17-14.

Then in a drive that I questioned a lot of my decisions, I ended up hitting a lucksack hail marry for 35 yards to the A&M 6. With no timeouts, Hawkins ran like the wind to get the snap off with 2 seconds, where he found my WR Celestine in the endzone for a TD to end the half.

We kept control in the third with a 27 yard TD pass to our TE Greet to make it 28-17, but Ironhead answered this time as Lane ran in from 3 yards.

Then with 8 seconds left in the third, A&M does a blitz as I have Scott coming out of the backfield, over the middle. He takes the ball, and makes a great run after catch 65 yards for the score to make it 35-24.

The play of the game might've been with 3:20 left, when on 3rd and goal, we stuff A&M and force 3 to keep us up 8.

Then with the ball back, we control the clock, with two huge plays. One on 3rd and 14 or so, when Scott fights for 13 and a half. Then on 4th and inches with no time left, we call a risky play action pass to our FB who catches it for 15 yards and ices the game for us.

Cody Hawkins was a machine today, going 15 for 19 for 236 yards and 3 TD, while once again Darrell Scott did his thing rushing 21 times for 102 yards and a score, as well as catching 3 balls for 83 yards and a TD.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:28 PM   #13
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I feel like I should beat Iowa State and Nebraska, but I don't see myself beating Oklahoma State. If I manage the trifecta of wins though, I will be in the Big 12 Title Game, which is quite remarkable.

Though it is also an indictment of how shitty the Big 12 North is.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:35 PM   #14
DeToxRox
Head Coach

This is the lucksack hail marry

The resulting TD with no time left in the half

Darrell Scott is ballin'

4th and inches, 30 seconds or so to go. Took a chance throwing and not passing but thankfully it worked.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:38 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Darrell Scott is 295 yards away from having 1000 receiving as well as over 1000 rushing. God I love him.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:06 PM   #16
Ironhead
College Prospect

Really tight and great game again DeToxRox. Darrell Scott was just an absolute beast and bailed you out of some really tight situations. Unfortunately the loss makes us 0-2 against human opponents this year and 2-3 in the Big 12. With games left against Oklahoma and Texas a losing conference record is not out of the question.

This was the touchdown run that DeToxRox mentioned. My backup tailback showed some great athleticism to find the cutback lane here:

Another nice play as my kick returner squeezes through the crack on the edge and almost takes it to the house:

As much as the loss stings this was still an awesome week in Aggieland. We had a killer week of recruiting picking up 3 hard commits from some Texas boys.

Mike Hardy (5'10 191 lbs) is a 5 star prospect and the only one we targeted this season. This guy will instantly be "the man" at wideout and creates a vertical passing attack. He is one of the fastest players in this year's recruiting field.

Code:
Grand Prarie, TX #5 Athlete OVR CAR CIT SPC RTE RLS ELU TRK RBK CTH B- D+ C+ B B B A- D- D- B- SPD STR AWR AGI ACC STA INJ JMP A D- A+ B+ A B+ B B+

We also picked up a commitment from a 3 star center out of Corsicana, TX. Randy James was the #1 center in the nation and will instantly upgrade the position next year. James is a junior college player so we have to enjoy him while he still has eligibility left.

The third commitment came from outside linebacker Clint Van. Van is a 4 star prospect and a very local boy hailing from Houston, TX. Van is the 18th ranked linebacker in the nation. Based on his skillset (great athleticism and tenacious pursuit ability) we see him as a great fit at weakside linebacker. However, his coverage skills coming out of high school are lacking and he will likely redshirt his first year.

Last edited by Ironhead : 09-24-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:03 AM   #17
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks, Brad....

Just got done with the game. Geez, what a roller coaster. Cincinnati just shredded by defense in the first quarter, and believe me when I say I was lucky to be down just 10-0. Next quarter was much better, though. 21 unanswered points better. A 21-10 halftime lead had us feeling good.

We scraped out three points in a defensive third quarter, and were up two TD's going into the fourth. Cincinnati wasn't worried, as they wound up tying the game with about a minute left.

In OT, Cincinnati won the toss and inexplicably elected to play offense first. Their offense did the job, scoring a TD quickly.

On our turn with the ball, we bullied our way down to the goal line, and sent our fullback into the end zone for the TD. Being on the road, and worried about stopping Cincinnati, I elected to put it all on the line, and go for two. I'll try to post the video later, but here's how it went down:

"So here we go..Bulls trying to steal one on the road...Grothe drops back, here comes the blitz...throws it out to the flat....CAUGHT!!! BULLS WIN!!! BULLS WIN!!!

South Florida 32, Cincinnati 31. USF improves to 7-2 and stays in the thick of the Big East title picture.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:35 AM   #18
Radii
Head Coach

NC State has received 3 soft commits this week, and is working hard to get full commitments from them all.

5* Guard Robert Parker is the #1 Guard in the nation, we are locked in a 5-way battle with Tennesee, Ohio State, North Carolina, and Alabama for Parker. As of right now, we have the lead, and the coveted soft commit. We'll be spending as much time as possible on Parker this week.

4* SS Carl Butler, the #2 SS in the nation has also soft comimtted to NC State. Virginia is in the mix, but we've had the lead on Butler the entire way and expect to land him.

4* DT James Jackson, the #3 Defensive Tackle in the country, also soft committed this week. South Carolina and Virginia Tech are fighting hard for him as well, and Louisville is still in the mix.

(I ended up spending almost 4 hours on these 3 guys this week, as I'd *really* like to get some of my top targets to sign, I'm still waiting for my first commit).
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:20 PM   #19
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I picked up 2 soft commits and I would obviously love to get them to go hard commit next week. I continue to work hard on my #1 guy but stupid Florida is still in the mix with a late season visit coming. GUH!

Can't quite do the fancy, schmancy formatting but here's what we've got so far:

Mike Gatewood, 6'3", 197 lbs, WR- C Overall, A+ Awareness, A- Acceleration, B+ Speed
Brigham Taylor, 6'0", 203 lbs, WR- C- Overall, B+ Speed, A Awareness, B+ Acceleration
John McPhearson, 6'1", 190 lbs, ATH- C Overall, A- Speed, A Awareness, A- Acceleration, A Elusiveness
Andrew Greco, 6'3", 236 lbs, DE- C Overall, B Speed Moves, B- Impact Plays, A- Awareness

The first two are my soft commits, the bottom two hard commits. I would *love* to turn one of the first three into a corner/special teams player but we'll see.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 09-25-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:56 AM   #20
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Hehe, "tough", I'm just hoping you overlook me so that I can somehow keep it within twenty. You've been scoring a ton.

I'm worried about playing you, it's just not the same playing humans. Maybe I can pull out the win.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:09 AM   #21
DeToxRox
Head Coach

A heads up. I am out until Sunday around noon so even if we are ready tonight I won't be able to advance yet.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:09 AM   #22
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks CMP. I kind of write off each human game as a loss because I've played very little on-line so I understand where you're coming from. I think it should be fun though.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:28 AM   #23
wade moore
lolzcat

Just a note - still no xbox for me. Until I have it, don't let me hold things up. God I hope I had stuff set for the CPU to fill-in .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:07 AM   #24
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, congrats to Gram, put up a huge victory, 42-21 over my Bulldogs. He dominated every aspect of the game and we could do nothing right. He threw some beautiful touchdowns. Plus he must have picked me off 5 or 6 times, two for touchdowns. Just completely dismantled me.

Frustrating part was we had a connection break in our first attempt, just after I ran back a punt for a td to go up 28-0. We both got the "continue vs. computer option" which would've been awkward had both of us done it! Can't really verbalize the frustration there. Plus, with about a minute to go in the fourth quarter of our second attempt, had it break connection again. Luckily Gram was able to finish it.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 09-28-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:03 PM   #25
DeToxRox
Head Coach

If we're all set, I will advance shortly today.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:34 PM   #26
wade moore
lolzcat

Detox - UVA results?

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 09-28-2008, 03:59 PM   #27
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I forgot the score but I know UVA lost. I'll get that for you today.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:50 PM   #28
wade moore
lolzcat

Meh.. W/L is the main thing I was worried about - thanks!

Quote:
Old 09-28-2008, 05:52 PM   #29
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Doing recruiting now....i'll be ready in 10 minutes or so.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:13 PM   #30
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Well, looks like I don't have a bye week. I play Syracuse this week. Playing now.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:51 PM   #31
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I'm ready to roll.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:05 PM   #32
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Wow, congrats to Gram, put up a huge victory, 42-21 over my Bulldogs. He dominated every aspect of the game and we could do nothing right. He threw some beautiful touchdowns. Plus he must have picked me off 5 or 6 times, two for touchdowns. Just completely dismantled me.

Frustrating part was we had a connection break in our first attempt, just after I ran back a punt for a td to go up 28-0. We both got the "continue vs. computer option" which would've been awkward had both of us done it! Can't really verbalize the frustration there. Plus, with about a minute to go in the fourth quarter of our second attempt, had it break connection again. Luckily Gram was able to finish it.

Yeah, this is pretty much a hollow win. PerdueBrad jumped out to a quick lead in the game and we were disconnected maybe right after the first quarter was over. We restarted and it was a complete reversal of the first start.

Any thoughts on best practices for human vs human games when the game drops? For example, what if you get through the half and then it drops. Should it be a start over, play it out vs CPU or have the commish sim it?

I feel bad about how different the gameplay turned out. It sucks to be on the short end of one of those. It would be nice to have some kind of protocol to follow for anyone else if this happens.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:02 AM   #33
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Interesting point Gram. The second time it dropped, we did the perfect thing just having you finish. First time, I'm not sure (plus I'm probably a touch on the biased side, hehe!). I hate to say sim it but that might be the most fair or maybe the remaining person (or in our case, persons the first time!) finish it via CPU. Not sure what is most fair.