Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-02-2008, 01:09 AM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 12!!! Uploads due Monday, October 6th!!!!

Week 12 schedule

#23 Colorado vs #3 Oklahoma State
Texas A&M @ Baylor
#22 USF vs #24 Rutgers
North Carolina @ Maryland
Syracuse vs UConn
Kentuck vs Vanderbilt
#20 Mississippi State vs Alabama
NC State vs Wake Forest

#2 Arkansas, Pitt and Virginia have byes

Wade - UVA beat Wake last week

Thankfully for me, Darrell Scott is probable to take on Oklahoma State.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:10 AM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Logan, when do you want to play?

I can play any time Thursday, between like 5-8 on Friday, between 1-3 on Saturday, 4-8 on Sunday and any time on Monday.

Birthday weekend so I have a lot going on but we can make it work.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:41 AM   #3
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I'm off work tomorrow, so I'm going to jump in with my game against Rutgers right friggin now!

GO BULLS GO!
Old 10-02-2008, 03:45 AM   #4
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Week 12 schedule

#23 Colorado vs #3 Oklahoma State
Texas A&M @ Baylor
#22 USF vs #24 Rutgers
North Carolina @ Maryland
Syracuse vs UConn
Kentuck vs Vanderbilt
#20 Mississippi State vs Alabama
NC State vs Wake Forest

Wade - UVA beat Wake last week

Thankfully for me, Darrell Scott is probable to take on Oklahoma State.

"Probable" when playing @ the #3 team in the country is code for "45 carries, or death, whichever comes first"
Old 10-02-2008, 05:21 AM   #5
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I just played a ball-breaker of a game against Rutgers....I was down 13-6 at one point in the first half, and came back to take a 23-13 lead in the third quarter.

Rutgers QB Mike Teel (!!!) then made it rain all over the USF defense, staking them to a 27-23 lead with less than five minutes to go in the game.

Our offense, led by tailback Mike Ford and quarterback Matt Grothe, raced down field, scoring the go ahead touchdown with just over three minutes left to play.

Rutgers' aspirations of victory appears to fizzle out when Teel threw his second INT of the game at midfield, giving us the ball back in our own territory with just over 2 minutes to go. a 3rd and 4 pass fell incomplete, though, and we were forced to punt it back to Rutgers one more time

Rutgers drove over 60 yards to get inside the USF 20 yard line. With :30 left in the game, the game hung precariously in the balance:

USF trying to hang on to what would be a HUGE home victory. Teel in the gun....ball snapped.... Teel looks....nobody open!!! He steps right, here comes pressure! Teel throws to the end zooooone......PICKED OFF BY BAKER!!!!! SPRINTING DOWN THE SIDELINE!! AND...HE....IS....GONE...TOUCHDOWN BULLS!!!!!

USF escapes with a 37-27 victory...just a great game. I feel very lucky to have won.

Last edited by Karlifornia : 10-02-2008 at 05:24 AM.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:46 AM   #6
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Logan, when do you want to play?

I can play any time Thursday, between like 5-8 on Friday, between 1-3 on Saturday, 4-8 on Sunday and any time on Monday.

Birthday weekend so I have a lot going on but we can make it work.

Unreal. Fired up the XBox last night and saw three flashing red lights. First time I've had an issue with it.

When I get home tonight, I'm going to try the towel trick that supposedly a lot of people have success with. If I can't get it to work, is there any way to use my Live profile on another XBox? Both of my roommates have one.

Can't believe this happened when I'm on the verge of a title run.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:21 AM   #7
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Week 12 schedule

Wow, up to #2. Now here comes me getting upset next week.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:41 AM   #8
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Got the day off so I decided to play after the first drive I got booted from the game.

I will complete it tonight after I get back from the Rays game if I am able.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #9
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

VERY nervous about getting off work to check on my recruit status. My #1 recruit soft-committed last week BUT has a visit scheduled with Florida next week. I'm really, really, really hoping that Mr. Heard, my future star running back, will hard commit and tell Florida to stick, stuff it, and suck it.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:20 PM   #10
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Unreal. Fired up the XBox last night and saw three flashing red lights. First time I've had an issue with it.

When I get home tonight, I'm going to try the towel trick that supposedly a lot of people have success with. If I can't get it to work, is there any way to use my Live profile on another XBox? Both of my roommates have one.

Can't believe this happened when I'm on the verge of a title run.

You'll be fine on anoher XBox. The file is just uploaded to the server and accessed by your XBL name.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:34 PM   #11
Logan
Head Coach

Cool. Just in case I can't figure it out later...how do I sign into my profile thru another XBox? Isn't your profile saved to your hard drive?
Old 10-02-2008, 12:38 PM   #12
Logan
Head Coach

And assuming everything goes well...

Tonight most likely won't work, but I'll keep you posted, I should be solid for the 5-8 on Friday (I'm guessing your giving central times correct), Saturday those hours won't work for me (RU-WVU at noon eastern), so if you free up an hour or so later let me know, your Sunday available times are good, and I could do Monday night also.

Looks like we should be cool.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:54 PM   #13
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
And assuming everything goes well...

Tonight most likely won't work, but I'll keep you posted, I should be solid for the 5-8 on Friday (I'm guessing your giving central times correct), Saturday those hours won't work for me (RU-WVU at noon eastern), so if you free up an hour or so later let me know, your Sunday available times are good, and I could do Monday night also.

Looks like we should be cool.

Nope, all EST times for me. Come on now, Michigan doesn't roll that way.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:55 PM   #14
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Cool. Just in case I can't figure it out later...how do I sign into my profile thru another XBox? Isn't your profile saved to your hard drive?

You go to recover an XBL name, and then you put in your password. It just saves that profile on your roomates hard drive but they'd need the PW to sign in.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:51 PM   #15
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Nope, all EST times for me. Come on now, Michigan doesn't roll that way.

I figured you were planning on using the time difference as an excuse for why we couldn't synch up for the game.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:53 PM   #16
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
I figured you were planning on using the time difference as an excuse for why we couldn't synch up for the game.

I look forward to my first half drive that takes 9:55 and ends in 6 with a 2 pt conversion.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:08 PM   #17
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Syracuse welcomes UConn to the Dome and dominates them in a Rivalry game that had close to 20 recruits there. The final score 42 - 14.

The big factor was making sure Dantley was my starting QB, he just has a stronger arm than the other QB and was to me a bit quicker.

It started off with a 47 yard option pitch out to my HB.

The defense was steady this game racking up a couple of sacks, several INT's including the final one going for a pick 6.

Also to note: A couple of the recruits were soft commits to UConn, I wonder if watching their arses get kicked will change their mind.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 10-02-2008 at 02:08 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:15 PM   #18
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Syracuse welcomes UConn to the Dome and dominates them in a Rivalry game that had close to 20 recruits there. The final score 42 - 14.

The big factor was making sure Dantley was my starting QB, he just has a stronger arm than the other QB and was to me a bit quicker.

It started off with a 47 yard option pitch out to my HB.

The defense was steady this game racking up a couple of sacks, several INT's including the final one going for a pick 6.

Also to note: A couple of the recruits were soft commits to UConn, I wonder if watching their arses get kicked will change their mind.

I'll be fascinated to see how long it takes to fix the Cuse up. I think you can get them bowling next season. Either way I am rooting for ya'. For whatever reason I have had an affinity for them for years. I think it was the stadium, for whatever reason, but I loved watching them play.

A shame IRL they're now so bad.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:22 PM   #19
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'll be fascinated to see how long it takes to fix the Cuse up. I think you can get them bowling next season. Either way I am rooting for ya'. For whatever reason I have had an affinity for them for years. I think it was the stadium, for whatever reason, but I loved watching them play.

Same thing for me. I have no personal attachment to Syracuse yet I always kind of root for them and hope they do well. Good luck rebuilding them Macro.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:26 PM   #20
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:

Thanks...

I think it will take me 2 seasons to get back up to a constant win level, the computer had targeted a bunch of 2 and 3 star recruits no 4 or 5 star boys at all. I plan on targeting some talent next season. I think Dantley will be our QB for a while but I want to get him in.

It isn't a secret that I love to pass in this game, but I like my QBs to be mobile to so I can pull it down and take off.

I have always had a fascination of Syracuse and I think it's the Color Scheme or something (Almost my High Schools). Also, my business partner is a Syracuse Alumni and he is ashamed of his football team....so I kind of feel for the school. What better way then to build them up through a fun game!
Old 10-02-2008, 03:31 PM   #21
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Damn! I didn't pull off the commitment I hoped for. I did pick up two 3* receivers and I believe I have five soft commits pending (including the guy I'm waiting for! Seriously, I'm ready to throw my wife through his window if it'll make him sign!). Yeah, yeah, you can expect the first recruiting violations to come from Starkville where we get Stark-naked for our recruits.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:23 PM   #22
Ironhead
College Prospect

Texas A&M jumps all over Baylor and with a 38-0 lead at half we pulled our starters on both sides of the ball. Final score was 48-10.

The win moves us to 8-3 on the year and 4-3 in conference play. We have a bye next week before ending the season with the big rivalry game against TU. The Longhorns are having a down year. They owe Logan for part of that as he knocked QB Colt McCoy out for the season. They also have their impact player on the defensive line out for most of the rest of the year.

I would be pretty thrilled to finish the regular season 9-3 (5-3) with a chance to pick up a 10th win in our bowl game. Texas A&M has not won a bowl game since 2001 against TCU and has not enjoyed a 10 win season since 1998.

Nothing doing for us on the recruiting front this week.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:23 AM   #23
Radii
Head Coach

NC State gets two more committments this week:

4* DT James Jackson - #3 DT in the nation, #60 overall, strong with A+ Awareness(not sure how much taht matters for a DT, hopefully a lot for play action/draws?)

4* SS Carl Butler - #2 SS nationally, #59 overall, decent in coverage and pursuit, with good physical abilities.

Additionally, we get soft commits from 4* HB Brandon Roberts, and JUCO 4* Tackle Spencer Alexander, both of whom we've been fighting North Carolina for all year.

A number of 3* players have soft committed elsewhere, including a 3* CB to UNC and an ATH to Mississippi State.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:28 AM   #24
Radii
Head Coach

NC State hosted Wake Forest this week, needing one more win to become bowl eligible. Wake opened the scoring with a FG, but NC State took over and dominated the 1st quarter, getting a 59 yard TD run and 29 yard TD reception, both by HB Jamelle Eugene.

Two INT's in the 2nd and a couple big plays from Wake (a 70 yard option run and a pick 6 from 35 yards out) allow Wake to own the 2nd, and Wake ends up taking a 20-17 lead into the locker room.

The Wolfpack lock it down on defense, and stop making mistakes in the 2nd half. A long drive leading to a 9 yard TD pass puts NCSU in the lead for good late in the 3rd quarter. Another long drive in the 4th makes it 31-20 NC State. We sag on D and allow Wake to eat up yardage as long as they take their time in doing so, giving up a TD with 26 seconds to go that is made meaningless when we recover the onside kick.

NC State 31, Wake Forest 26.

We're 6-4 with a game at Mike1409's Tar Heels, and a home game vs Miami left to go. If we could win either of them and finish 7-5, I'd be absolutely thrilled. As it is, we're guaranteed 6-6 and a bowl, which is absolutely a successful year for this team.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:54 PM   #25
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Things started slow, a 6-0 deficit after we got stopped on offense twice. At that point I took the training wheels off and we started playing. Mississippi State put the Alabama Crimson Tide away 56-33. We got tackled on the 1/2 yard line or closer five times which explains my QBs 5 rushing tds, 2 on sneaks and 3 on QB choice plays. He also threw at 1 and we got a pair of defensive tds. Our starting running back went for 140 and my QB was 26-30 for 279 yards.

This puts us at 8-2 after this game with a human loss coming and then the Ole Miss rivalry game. I'm figuring 9-3 and a decent bowl. Hopefully this win impressed some recruits (none in attendance though).

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 10-03-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:24 PM   #26
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Colorado gets humbled, 45-17. Threw a lot of picks, and Zak Robinson was like 21 for 25 for over 300 yards.

God this secondary sucks.

GG though Logan, I suspect you'll be winning out.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:44 PM   #27
Logan
Head Coach

My secondary brought their A game; Terrance Anderson is better at breaking on a thrown ball than anyone I've seen in these games. He picked up his 4th TD in the last two games (7 for the season) and now has 12 INTs (leads the NCAA in both categories by 3 TDs and 4 picks).

My line and LBs did a great job containing Scott (36 yards I think) although he did break a couple big plays in the passing game. I had about 17 TFLs.

I was impressed by your passing game, you made a bunch of nice plays downfield. The picks hurt, especially that one that seemed to float all the way across the field.

In conclusion, every offensive player is ecstatic to have made it out of Colorado alive. This prick times the hit stick perfectly on every god damn play! Thankfully no fumbles, but my guys were missing more plays than they normally would.

Beware to everyone in the future.

Last edited by Logan : 10-03-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:47 PM   #28
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
My secondary brought their A game; Terrance Anderson is better at breaking on a thrown ball than anyone I've seen in these games. He picked up his 4th TD in the last two games (7 for the season) and now has 12 INTs (leads the NCAA in both categories by 3 TDs and 4 picks).

My line and LBs did a great job containing Scott (36 yards I think) although he did break a couple big plays in the passing game. I had about 17 TFLs.

I was impressed by your passing game, you made a bunch of nice plays downfield. The picks hurt, especially that one that seemed to float all the way across the field.

In conclusion, every offensive player is ecstatic to have made it out of Colorado alive. This prick times the hit stick perfectly on every god damn play! Thankfully no fumbles, but my guys were missing more plays than they normally would.

Beware to everyone in the future.

I missed a few times going for sacks, I really wanted those damn fumbles. I've improved throwing but I had to tonight. I wanted to give it to Scott 30 times but wasn't able to because I was down.

The picks killed me, but I can't wait to rid myself of my secondary. Way too many times OSU's WR's had 3-4 yards speration. It was maddening.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:51 PM   #29
Logan
Head Coach

Scott's great at breaking tackles too. Seemed like every time he would spin out of my grasp.

In other news, I finally have a (soft) commit, a 4-star "scrambler" QB who's 6'7". Hopefully he has some bit of accuracy.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:53 AM   #30
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Just letting you guys know I will be out of town next week until Friday.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:57 AM   #31
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
In other news, I finally have a (soft) commit, a 4-star "scrambler" QB who's 6'7". Hopefully he has some bit of accuracy.

Whoah...pix plz tnx.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:59 AM   #32
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Just letting you guys know I will be out of town next week until Friday.

Did you want me to just autopilot you then?
Old 10-04-2008, 01:57 PM   #33
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Any Madden owners out there?

I'm wondering if I'm able to take my "Campus Legend" player and import him into the draft in Madden 09. Anybody know?
Old 10-04-2008, 01:59 PM   #34
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Any Madden owners out there?

I'm wondering if I'm able to take my "Campus Legend" player and import him into the draft in Madden 09. Anybody know?

Yes you can.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #35
bignej
High School JV

oops

Last edited by bignej : 10-04-2008 at 02:36 PM. Reason: wrong thread
bignej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:40 PM   #36
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks DeTox. I won the linebacker of the year award and was first team All-American with my campus legend and am really hoping to continue him to the draft. I haven't really had a season like this on Heisman in Legend mode so I'm kind of excited.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:12 AM   #37
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Did you want me to just autopilot you then?

If I have to be, yes...I come home around 4 pm Friday...I have already played this weeks game.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:35 AM   #38
wade moore
lolzcat

Supposedly my Xbox is in the mail... don't know how long it usually takes - again, don't hold things up for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:43 AM   #39
bignej
High School JV

last I checked the only team yet to play is north carolina