Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-16-2008, 07:47 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Bowl Week 3!!!! Files due Sunday October 19th!!!

Bowl Week 3 Schedule

Liberty Bowl: Kentucky vs Southern Miss
Independence Bowl: Ole Miss vs Virginia
Armed Forces Bowl: Texas A&M vs BYU
Music City Bowl: South Carolina vs NC State
Outback Bowl: Mississippi State vs Michigan
Gator Bowl: Pitt vs Va. Tech
Rose Bowl: Arkansas vs Arizona State
Orange Bowl: Clemson vs USF

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:50 PM   #2
Logan
Head Coach

Sunday, awesome...I'm leaving on Monday so I'll wake up early if necessary to play my game before I head out.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:50 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I am curious to see how USF vs Clemson goes, as Karl is facing his RFL team in the Orange Bowl.

I also have a feeling Arkansas is going to score a lot.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:17 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Looks like Ironhead, Karl and cmp are already playing their games which is awesome. We should be looking really good at starting the offseason by Monday.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:56 PM   #5
cmp
Pro Rookie

Arkansas bounces back from our loss to Florida with a 56-24 win over Arizona State in the Rose Bowl and it wasn't even that close. They returned two kicks back for touchdowns and recovered an onside kick and scored in the 4th to make their score a little more respectable. Michael Smith came back from his injury and had over 300 yards on the ground.

Last edited by cmp : 10-16-2008 at 09:02 PM.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:03 PM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
Arkansas bounces back from our loss to Florida with a 56-24 win over Arizona State in the Rose Bowl and it wasn't even that close. They returned two kicks back for touchdowns and recovered an onside kick and scored in the 4th to make their score a little more respectable. Michael Smith came back from his injury and had over 300 yards on the ground.

I saw it was like 35-3 in the fourth at one point. Not shocked at all.

Good season man.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:13 PM   #7
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

We beat Michigan 27-21 in a downpour in Tampa. We had things locked up, seemingly, at 27-14 and 1:31 to go when my fullback coughed it up on a fullback dive. They put up a td, we recovered the onside, and my running back had three successive ten yard runs to put things away. 10-3 in Starkville, pulling a solid but unspectacular recruiting class, and keeping most of our offense (receivers excluded, unfortunately) sets up for a decent next season.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:12 PM   #8
DeToxRox
Head Coach

w00. So far we're looking good, with half the games in the books.

Just waitin' on Gram, nej, Wade and Radii, then we can let Logan have his moment in the sun where he will undoubtedly choke hard, and it's offseason time.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:17 PM   #9
Ironhead
College Prospect

Texas A&M senior quarterback Stephen McGee graduates in style by leading his team to a 41-10 steamrolling of BYU. Up 38-3 early in the 4th we put in the second team to get some bowl game experience.

McGee finished the game 15 for 18 for over 200 yards with 3 touchdowns and no picks. Mike Goodson was his normal shifty self out of the backfield and caught his 2nd and 3rd touchdown passes of the season. I continue to just be really impressed by redshirt freshman tailback Bradley Stephens, who added over 70 yards rushing in limited action. Unfortunately for him tailback is the deepest position on the team.

Overall an excellent season for us as we finish 10-3 and will finish in the Top 20. Now it is just time to cross our fingers and hope no one declares early for the draft, namely tailback Mike Goodson and linebacker of the year finalist Anthony Lewis. If they return for their senior seasons they will be the captains of the offense and defense, respectively.

Unlike DeToxRox I am actually hoping Logan goes on to win the National Championship. Nothing like a NC to boost the Big 12's prestige.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:44 AM   #10
Radii
Head Coach

well, South Carolina beat NC State 38-17 in week 1, and they are much more talented that we are, but I have improved greatly since then in the passing game,so maybe I've got a shot.

What a bowl game!

On our first drive, we go 56 yards in two plays to take a 7-0 lead, two long passes to slot receiver Evans. S Carolina scores on 3 plays in just 33 seconds when they get the ball back. S Carolina goes up 14-7 on an easy drive early in the 2nd quarter, but we answer on a 9 yard run with 3 minutes to go in the half.

We get an interception with about 1:30 to go in the half, and are nicely set up to score and get the ball back to start the 3rd quarter. I fuck that up with my only turnover of the day, a fumble on a sack, and we go into the half tied 14-14.

I take the lead back after a nice long drive in the 3rd quarter, and USC again marches down the field, scoring in 1 minute 5 seconds to tie things back up.

Its 21-21 after 3 quarters. Outside of turnovers and a couple plays, I am not really stopping S Carolina, they stop themselves. So when there's 2 minutes to go in the game, and its 4th and goal from the USC 1, I'm honestly afraid that a field goal isn't going to be enough, and that I've been getting 1 yard every time I need it all day. So I go for it, and Jamelle Eugene is stuffed, and I'm dreading posting about losing b/c of not kicking the field goal. S Carolina drives quickly, but we come up with the big stop we need, forcing them to attempt a 47 yard field goal. They miss it, and we go to overtime.

The OT is more of the same. S Carolina gets 13 yards on their first play, and looks like they're going to score easily, when we pull the big play on them, intercepting a pass in the end zone on 3rd and 4 from the 5 yard line, holding USC scoreless. I take about 7 plays, get 2 first downs, and score on a 4 yard TD run by Jamelle Eugene(a run that was really just supposed to set me up in the middle of the field for the game winning FG).

NC State wins the music city bowl, getting revenge on much more highly rated South Carolina.

27-21 in Overtime.

Eugene ran 36 times for 105 yards, not a great average but he pulled out a number of 6-8 yard runs to allow me to wear down their defense and control the clock in the second half.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:45 AM   #11
Radii
Head Coach

dola, the dynasty servers are unavailable. WHEEEEEE. Trying the thing in the sticky to get the game posted. I really don't want to have to try to win this one again.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:47 AM   #12
Radii
Head Coach

that didn't work, looks like the servers are legitimately down. ohboy.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:06 AM   #13
Radii
Head Coach

triple dola! got the game uploaded, whew.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:50 AM   #14
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Good thing that worked, Radii, I hate when that happens and it sounds like you had an awesome game. Nice win.

We're moving awesomely. Hopefully we can get this all done tomorrow so Logan can play ASAP and then we can hit the offseason.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:57 AM   #15
wade moore
lolzcat

I hoping to get my game in tonight, if not I 99% of the time wake up before my wife and should be able to do it Saturday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:30 AM   #16
bignej
High School JV

#25 Pitt defeats #12 Virginia Tech 48-21

L. McCoy rushed for 211 yards ad 3 TDs

First score of the game was a 106 yard INT return ending a long Va Tech drive

Last edited by bignej : 10-17-2008 at 10:04 AM.
bignej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:00 AM   #17
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Looks like Gram is playing his game right now. If so, we're gonna be done today or early tomorrow it sounds like. Awesome work boys.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:24 AM   #18
DeToxRox
Head Coach

And we're down to one! Nice work guys, this is flying considering I don't even think it's been 24 hours since week 3 started.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:55 AM   #19
wade moore
lolzcat

The pressure is on!!!

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 10-17-2008, 12:06 PM   #20
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
The pressure is on!!!

Give your wife an extra glass of wine tonight .
Old 10-17-2008, 09:38 PM   #21
DeToxRox
Head Coach

The deadline will be Sunday at 1 PM. I might be gone all day after that, so in case it gets to that point, I wanna be able upload the file so Logan can play any time Sunday and when I am home we can advance.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:47 PM   #22
Logan
Head Coach

That works. Unless wade is basically already playing, I'm gonna be getting to bed soon and then waking up early to head to Rutgers for Homecoming, and then I probably won't be back until about 1pm Sunday anyway.

Last edited by Logan : 10-17-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:16 AM   #23
wade moore
lolzcat

UVA wins 36-10 on the strength of 6 INT's by the defense.

Ole Miss's #2 WR was already hurt and their #1 WR went down for 2 quarters on the opening kickoff.

Nice to end the season like that.

Quote: