Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #51
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowMan View Post
"use highest rested starter" might be the reason for the higher games started numbers. Do teams really do that? I would think not..for fear of guys' arms falling off after too many innings (like these numbers you are seeing).

Ya, I think most teams these days use the 5-man rotation regardless of off days, etc. They will also try to nurse a workhorse's innings count by taking him out of blowouts, giving him an extra day of rest where he can - things a text sim might not do.

molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:09 PM   #52
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

That makes sense. The Halladay's of the world probably have the stamina in the game to pitch every 4th day, and when there's an opportunity to get them in to those extra games, the computer takes it. In the real world, that only happens in April thanks to off-days and the last week of the season if a team needs that extra start from their best pitcher to qualify for the playoffs.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:11 PM   #53
molson
General Manager

Though, it's kind of intersting that with all that beta testing, nobody realized something that would be obvious on 1 sim (unless they decided that that's something that just couldn't be "fixed")
Old 06-03-2009, 02:12 PM   #54
SnowMan
High School Varsity

So, I guess the question is, can you force the league to default to a strict order?
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:12 PM   #55
Qrusher14242
High School JV

i preordered mine using paypal and never received a confirmation email. I PM'ed battists over there to try to get it sorted out. I knew i had preordered it lol I checked my email and couldnt find it. But found it on my paypal history.
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #56
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Though, it's kind of intersting that with all that beta testing, nobody realized something that would be obvious on 1 sim (unless they decided that that's something that just couldn't be "fixed")

What was missed? Sorry I didn't notice what this is referring to. The rotation issue "Highest rated" vs "Strict rotation" ? Or something else?

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:17 PM   #57
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowMan View Post
So, I guess the question is, can you force the league to default to a strict order?

I think the answer to this is somewhere buried in this thread:

"Start highest rested" - Dead in real life? - OOTP Developments Forums

These type of threads I usually zone out about halfway though because it is one of those issues that never makes anyone happy. People who sim modern baseball want the strict rotation. People who want historical play want highest rested starter to be default. Then someone says add it as an option and someone else comes along and says there are too many options already and it just makes it confusing, etc etc...

At least I think that is the case here.. I could be wrong though since like I said I usually start avoiding threads like this after a page or two.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #58
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
What was missed? Sorry I didn't notice what this is referring to. The rotation issue "Highest rated" vs "Strict rotation" ? Or something else?

Right, maybe "strict rotation" makes the games started lower, if the default is "highest rated", which I don't even know.

(Maybe I should shut up until I actually get the game)
Old 06-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #59
Ksyrup

I guess the overall issue is, for approximating the MLB in 2009 (since the game comes with the rosters...), shouldn't the games started/innings pitched be more in line with what you see IRL? And same for the historical sims - I should see 300+ IP decades earlier, and by the time I get to 2009, see only a handful of guys throwing 200+ innings. I think the answer is that both sides of the argument in that linked thread are correct, since my understanding is the game is supposed to be able to acurately track this kind of thing by era.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #60
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I guess the overall issue is, for approximating the MLB in 2009 (since the game comes with the rosters...), shouldn't the games started/innings pitched be more in line with what you see IRL? And same for the historical sims - I should see 300+ IP decades earlier, and by the time I get to 2009, see only a handful of guys throwing 200+ innings. I think the answer is that both sides of the argument in that linked thread are correct, since my understanding is the game is supposed to be able to acurately track this kind of thing by era.

I would say I agree.. ideally it should be able to do these things.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #61
Ksyrup

It looks like Marcus sees the issue, but ultimately it is left up to us to manually choose which we want? That's an issue for those of us who sim decades at a time and don't play out the games. Also an issue for what someone brought up in that thread, about #3 and 4 starters pitching first in the playoffs. I'm not stopping my 100-year sim every year before the playoffs and aligning each team's pitching to make it how it should be, with the #1and 2 starters pitching the first 2 games.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #62
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It looks like Marcus sees the issue, but ultimately it is left up to us to manually choose which we want? That's an issue for those of us who sim decades at a time and don't play out the games. Also an issue for what someone brought up in that thread, about #3 and 4 starters pitching first in the playoffs. I'm not stopping my 100-year sim every year before the playoffs and aligning each team's pitching to make it how it should be, with the #1and 2 starters pitching the first 2 games.

I'm not an expert on mass simming historical seasons, but I thought there is an option in the setup to do some form of historical modification for league totals each season as you goes that should handle that type of thing?

I honestly don't know why things are a bit high here, if it is the default league modifiers in the MLB quick start are off, or something broken in the game or whatever though. I almost always play fictional leagues, so I guess I don't pay as much attention to trying to recreate reality.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #63
Ksyrup

There is, and it does a good job of it. But it looks like the current setup is a bit off, based on the games started issue.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:26 PM   #64
BigPapi
Mascot

Quote:

Unless it's been changed from V9, there is no way to force the AI to follow "strict order"...I'm not sure if you can force them to use 4 starters instead of 5 (if you wanted)- but I don't think you can...Though I understand some of these things are handled pretty well by using historical settings. I guess we need a "modern" historical set-up that tells the AI to follow a strict order, since that much more closely approximates baseball in the 21st century (up to this point).
BigPapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #65
SackAttack
Head Coach

I've never cared for 'start highest rested...'

when that happens, I see starters who are pitching twice in three days and such. Solo or online, I've always gone strict order.

So count me as one who thinks those higher numbers might be due to 'start highest rested,' which you really only see in April and September (when in contention), IMO.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:40 PM   #66
miked
College Starter

Hopefully they'll be able to put pitch ratings in the HTML. I had it BZed over there, but somewhere, somebody thought it was not important to have that in the HTML, but instead see a pitcher's hitting rating.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:44 PM   #67
Icy
Pro Starter

The question is, can you make the AI teams to allow follow strict rotation? or can you only do it for your team?

Anyway stats a bit off are not soemthing that bothers me a lot, as even playing with real rosters i want to play my alternative reality, not to replay to get exactly the same results than real life.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #68
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Hopefully they'll be able to put pitch ratings in the HTML. I had it BZed over there, but somewhere, somebody thought it was not important to have that in the HTML, but instead see a pitcher's hitting rating.

Where do you see this? OOTP9 or OOTP10 or what? I just checked my OOTP9 league's webpages and all of the pitchers have pitch ratings shown. I also checked the beta league I was testing for ootp10 and those show pitch ratings too. Where is it messed up at?

Old 06-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #69
Ksyrup

The HTML player's card, not the in-game player's card.

Another of my pet peeves about this game, there are a bunch of double-screens throughout that somewhat duplicate, but not exactly, information.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #70
Ksyrup

Oh, and there is a way to force 4 versus 5-man rotations in the league settings.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #71
JS19
College Prospect

Ok, finally got this fired up. Two questions right off the bat:

1. How do you utilize that option that converts stats into ratings, or whatever that new feature was, pretty sure that was it.

2. Is it possible to set up specific roles for relievers? For example, if I wanted to use Feliciano against lefties only, can I do this?
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:56 PM   #72
Icy
Pro Starter

Please explain me this about ERA, J.Johnson allowed 6 Runs, but only 1 was an earned run, how could be that? My first guess because fielders errors, but looking at the game logs i can't underestand it well.

Box score:

FloridaIPHRERBBKHRPIPSERA
J. Johnson L (0-1)6.076152193511.50
D. Meyer 1.011100119109.00
R. Pinto 2.020002029170.00

Log of the run plays:

Top of the 3rd - Washington Nationals batting - Pitching for Florida Marlins : RHP J. Johnson
Batting: RHB R. Belliard0-0: Ball
1-0: Ball
2-0: Ball
3-0: Called Strike
3-1: Base on Balls
Batting: LHB J. Lannan0-0: Reached on error, E1 (Groundball, 15S)
R. Belliard to third
Batting: LHB N. Johnson0-0: Ball
1-0: Foul Ball, location: 2F
1-1: DOUBLE (Line Drive, 5D)
R. Belliard scores
J. Lannan scores
Batting: SHB C. Guzman0-0: Ball
1-0: Foul Ball, location: 2F
1-1: Called Strike
1-2: Ball
2-2: Strikes out swinging
Batting: RHB E. Dukes0-0: Ball
1-0: Ball
2-0: Ball
3-0: Called Strike
3-1: Called Strike
3-2: Base on Balls
Batting: LHB A. Dunn0-0: SINGLE (Line Drive, 4D)
N. Johnson to third
E. Dukes to second
Batting: RHB R. Zimmerman0-0: Called Strike
0-1: Fielders Choice at 2nd, 4-6 (Groundball, 4)
N. Johnson scores
E. Dukes to third
Batting: RHB A. Kearns0-0: Ball
1-0: SINGLE (Line Drive, 78S)
E. Dukes scores
R. Zimmerman to second
Batting: RHB J. Flores0-0: Called Strike
0-1: Ball
1-1: SINGLE (Groundball, 4MD)
R. Zimmerman to third
A. Kearns to second
Runner from 3rd tries for Home, throw and OUT!
Top of the 3rd over - 4 run(s), 4 hit(s), 1 error(s), 2 left on base; Washington 4 - Florida 0

Top of the 6th - Washington Nationals batting - Pitching for Florida Marlins : RHP J. Johnson
Batting: RHB J. Flores0-0: Reached on error, E4 (Groundball, 34)
Batting: RHB R. Belliard0-0: Ball
1-0: Ground out 5-3 (Groundball, 5)
Batting: LHB J. Lannan0-0: Sac Bunt - play at first, batter OUT! 5-4
J. Flores to third
Batting: LHB N. Johnson0-0: Ball
1-0: Called Strike
1-1: 2-RUN HOME RUN (Flyball, 9D), Distance : 394 ft
Batting: SHB C. Guzman0-0: Ground out U3 (Groundball, 3)
Top of the 6th over - 2 run(s), 1 hit(s), 1 error(s), 0 left on base; Washington 6 - Florida 1

Old 06-03-2009, 05:00 PM   #73
Icy
Pro Starter

Here is my reasoning:

In the 3rd inning:

Lannan reached base on an error so his posterior run is not an ER... but what about the others?

For example E.Dukes run, i can't see why it wasn't an ER, there were no errors there.

In the 6th inning:
J.Flores reaches base on error, so his run won't count.
But if N.Johnson hit the homerun, why didn't his run at least count as ER?

Last edited by Icy : 06-03-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #74
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Here is my reasoning:

In the 3rd inning:

Lannan reached base on an error so his posterior run is not an ER... but what about the others?

For example E.Dukes run, i can't see why it wasn't an ER, there were no errors there.

In the 6th inning:
J.Flores reaches base on error, so his run won't count.
But if N.Johnson hit the homerun, why didn't his run at least count as ER?

If there are 2 outs then Flores out would've ended the inning. The error extended the inning so anything after that is unearned since it shouldn't have happened.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #75
eiskrap
n00b

because in the 6th if the error had been an out there would have been three outs before Johnson came up. As the pitcher has already got his three outs its just that one is an error, so both of these runs are unearned.
eiskrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:15 PM   #76
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Where do you see this? OOTP9 or OOTP10 or what? I just checked my OOTP9 league's webpages and all of the pitchers have pitch ratings shown. I also checked the beta league I was testing for ootp10 and those show pitch ratings too. Where is it messed up at?

I mean individual pitch ratings, fastball, curveball, etc. They are now very important, and left off the player's HTML.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:20 PM   #77
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I like the new shortcut screen for when one of your players is activated from the DL.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:20 PM   #78
SFL Cat
College Starter

Maybe we could just copy and paste the OOTP 9 discussion thread in here...
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:23 PM   #79
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
If there are 2 outs then Flores out would've ended the inning. The error extended the inning so anything after that is unearned since it shouldn't have happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiskrap View Post
because in the 6th if the error had been an out there would have been three outs before Johnson came up. As the pitcher has already got his three outs its just that one is an error, so both of these runs are unearned.

Ok i get it in the 6th, but what about the 3rd?

Old 06-03-2009, 05:26 PM   #80
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Oh, and there is a way to force 4 versus 5-man rotations in the league settings.

In the league setup, league strategy menu (I believe), Typical Rotation Size. You can't totally force it, but I only recall seeing a five-man rotation when a four-man rotation was typical once.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #81
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Whenever I see the X in OOTP X, I keep thinking there's a window that I'm supposed to close.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #82
SnowMan
High School Varsity

I'm twiddling around with the widgets and stuff, patiently waiting for a good fictional universe with good AI settings, a la the old skydog settings. *cough*
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:52 PM   #83
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Ok i get it in the 6th, but what about the 3rd?
Lannan reached on an error so his run is not earned. When Zimmerman grounded into a fielder's choice, that should have been the third out. Any run that scores after that point (including the runner who scored on the fielder's choice) is unearned since the third out should have been recorded.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #84
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Downloading now..

Think I'll get some mods setup, erase the history and start a real MLB league with the Cardinals.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:23 PM   #85
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFL Cat View Post

Go for it.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:27 PM   #86
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFL Cat View Post

For some reason I put the text sim opinions from people here above all others.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #87
AgustusM
College Prospect

I am very happy with X so far, all though I am an unabashed fanboy.
AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:51 PM   #88
spleen1015
Coordinator

Which skin is new this year? OOTP Black is terrible.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #89
lungs
Pro Rookie

Got her started and importing my OOTP9 league... This is an insanely huge fictional world in which I've got a 60+ team American Professional league, a Canadian, Latin American, Asian and European professional league (with each having different levels of talent) plus a few American independent leagues.

The American professional league only has 1 minor league level. Had it working pretty nicely in OOTP9. Will see how it does in OOTPX.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #90
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Scouting and drafting are still frustrating. My scout gives hundreds of draft eligible players the same 1 star potential and many of his higher recommendations are way off from OSA scouting. Here's how my scout saw the potential of the top ten draft eligible players.

1 - 2 star
2 - 5 star
3 - 5 star
4 - 5 star
5 - 3.5 star
6 - 4.5 star
7 - 5 star
8 - 2.5 star
9 - 2 star
10 - 1 star

During the draft I can't make any sense out of my scout recommendations. In the third round my scout suggested a 3b with a one star potential while his rankings showed a four star potential 3b still available. Of course that four star 3b had as much as twelve points difference in scout/OSA projections.

I'm also wondering if the normal injury settings produce too many long term injuries, but I don't have enough info. In this same career I had 4 month or longer injuries, including a 4 month and a career ending, in the first two months of the season. On draft day there were 15 minor leaguers on the DL.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:59 PM   #91
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
Got her started and importing my OOTP9 league... This is an insanely huge fictional world in which I've got a 60+ team American Professional league, a Canadian, Latin American, Asian and European professional league (with each having different levels of talent) plus a few American independent leagues.

The American professional league only has 1 minor league level. Had it working pretty nicely in OOTP9. Will see how it does in OOTPX.

How cleanly does importing work? Any bugs/quirks so far anyone has seen? I have a custom OOTP9 league that I'm not going to bother working on any more unless all the work (logos, uniforms, ballpark data) is easy to import into X (and yeah I missed the preorder so I'll have a few more days to kill before I can get into the new one)
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #92
JS19
College Prospect

I'm in the same boat with the ratings. At first I thought I just didn't know how the hell to read them or how they worked, but you just confirmed, to myself, that I'm not insane. Same thing with the injuries. I had a few 3-4 month injuries, a bunch of 1 monthers, and so on.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #93
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
How cleanly does importing work? Any bugs/quirks so far anyone has seen? I have a custom OOTP9 league that I'm not going to bother working on any more unless all the work (logos, uniforms, ballpark data) is easy to import into X (and yeah I missed the preorder so I'll have a few more days to kill before I can get into the new one)

I imported in the middle of a season and pretty much picked up where I left off without any hitches.

Took a while, but my league is huge with a 24 year history. We'll see if I run into anything but so far I can't say I have.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #94
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm loving the speed of the game, much faster for me than ootp9 was on my pc. I like the new skin too (black).
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #95
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Here's the two weeks or longer injury list just for April 2009.

Cole Hamels - 2-3 months
Ryan Zimmerman - 1 month
Grady Sizemore - 1 month
Carlos Beltran 2-3 weeks
Brandon Phillips - 4 months
Mark Ellis - 5 weeks
Magglio Ordonez - 2-3 weeks
Scott Hairston - 4 weeks
Curtis Granderson - 2 weeks
Adam Dunn - 3 weeks
Francisco Liriano - 2 weeks
Yadier Molina - 5 weeks
Brian Roberst - 2-3 weeks
John Hester - 6-7 months
Wilson Betemit - 6 months
Mike Lowell - 3 weeks
Lyle Overbay - 4 months
Jason Frasor - 5 weeks
Joba Chamberlain - 3 weeks
Chris Young - 7 months
Coco Crisp - 9-10 months
Carlos Lee - 5 weeks
Jose Bautista - 4 months
BJ Upton - 4 weeks
Mike Pelfrey - 11 months
Matt Cain - 3 weeks
Old 06-03-2009, 09:13 PM   #96
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

I'm also wondering if the normal injury settings produce too many long term injuries, but I don't have enough info. In this same career I had 4 month or longer injuries, including a 4 month and a career ending, in the first two months of the season. On draft day there were 15 minor leaguers on the DL.

The entire injury system was beaten up like mad in testing, so it should be solid, but it can be confusing to know what setting you actually want. The main key is that there are actually more injuries in Real life baseball than most people realize. So when they get alot of injuries, they think it is a crazy amount. Here is my personal guideline for injury settings:

Very High injuries = You are a masochist. Why would you do this?

High = Normal for MLB ball, you get a pretty high number of injuries, but it is realistic to what you see in real ball where you constantly have players out a few days here or there due to things.

Normal = What the setting used to be in ootp 6.5 in my opinion. It was less injuries than realistic MLB play, but still seemed high for many people (and eventually led to people complaining about too many injuries in the first place).

Low = Injures are toned down a decent bit. You will still get some, but they won't be constantly occuring. I personally think most online leagues will be happier with this setting even if it is not too realistic. I'd also recommend people using this if injuries are annoying them a fair amount.

I personally almost always play on Low injuries myself. (Just keep in mind playing on low injuries will cause pitchers to start more games than realistic, players to play in more games than realistic and slightly inflated stats for individuals due to that however).

Old 06-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #97
lungs
Pro Rookie

First annoyance for me. I had a struggling rookie with not that great of ratings so down with an injury that required a stint on the DL. Once healthy I wanted to demote him to AAA (he has options left and started the year in AAA).

The game won't let me send him to AAA without activating him first. So I send somebody to AAA from the active roster and activate rookie from the DL. THEN send him down to AAA and recall the same player I just sent down.

I used to be able to send directly to AAA in previous versions. Unless I'm missing something here?
Old 06-03-2009, 09:28 PM   #98
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
First annoyance for me. I had a struggling rookie with not that great of ratings so down with an injury that required a stint on the DL. Once healthy I wanted to demote him to AAA (he has options left and started the year in AAA).

The game won't let me send him to AAA without activating him first. So I send somebody to AAA from the active roster and activate rookie from the DL. THEN send him down to AAA and recall the same player I just sent down.

I used to be able to send directly to AAA in previous versions. Unless I'm missing something here?

You used to be able to right click on the player and then use one of the drop down options to send him to the minors from the DL.

Last edited by Atocep : 06-03-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #99
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
You used to be able to right click on the player and then use one of the drop down options to send him to the minors from the DL.

Yeah, that's what I used to use. That didn't work.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #100
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The entire injury system was beaten up like mad in testing, so it should be solid, but it can be confusing to know what setting you actually want. The main key is that there are actually more injuries in Real life baseball than most people realize. So when they get alot of injuries, they think it is a crazy amount. Here is my personal guideline for injury settings:

Very High injuries = You are a masochist. Why would you do this?

High = Normal for MLB ball, you get a pretty high number of injuries, but it is realistic to what you see in real ball where you constantly have players out a few days here or there due to things.

Normal = What the setting used to be in ootp 6.5 in my opinion. It was less injuries than realistic MLB play, but still seemed high for many people (and eventually led to people complaining about too many injuries in the first place).

Low = Injures are toned down a decent bit. You will still get some, but they won't be constantly occuring. I personally think most online leagues will be happier with this setting even if it is not too realistic. I'd also recommend people using this if injuries are annoying them a fair amount.

I personally almost always play on Low injuries myself. (Just keep in mind playing on low injuries will cause pitchers to start more games than realistic, players to play in more games than realistic and slightly inflated stats for individuals due to that however).

My problem is duration. I'm at normal setting and I'm seeing very few week or less injuries, but a lot of 2 weeks or more injuries. I'd be fine with a lot of nagging injuries, but that doesn't seem to be what's happening.