Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-16-2015, 12:44 PM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

WW Dukes Versus Hunters (GAME OVER!!--See Post #1387)

The Game

The title says it all. Every player will be either a Duke or a Hunter (with some variations).

While this game will feature two teams of hunters and dukes, it will actually be a normal WW game, with mostly villagers and a smaller number of wolves, hidden randomly among the hunters and dukes.

I can't currently think of a fictional framework that would explain this set up, so this is more or less a straight werewolf-villager universe.

I will expand on the game roles and rules in subsequent posts.

Game Start

I am going to see how the player list looks. If it fills up quick, we'll start Monday (April 20). If it doesn't, we'll hold off until later in the week or more likely, the next following Monday (April 27).

I can play this game with a small number or large number of players. Obviously, the more players, the better.

The DEADLINE ***PLEASE READ***

Due to my unavailability on some nights, I need to work with a 24 hour mid-day deadline. I currently project that deadline to be 4 p.m. EST (1 p.m. PDT).

For some people, this might actually be a benefit, as many of us are desk jockey players. But it may rule out others who would normally be able to contribute after work, but can't during the day.

I'm going to play it by ear with the time, depending on the responses here and in the GM thread, but I will make a final decision on the time well before the start of the game.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 04-27-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:45 PM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BASIC SETUP

This is your standard game of werewolf, underneath it all. There will be mostly villagers and a small group of wolves.

The major win condition for the village is to eliminate all the wolves. Except where the rules allow, the villagers will not be allowed to communicate outside of the game thread (and specifically through PMs).

The major win condition for the wolves will be to achieve a 1:1 ratio with th e villagers. The wolves will be allowed to communicate vi PM. The wolves will be able to nightkill one player at every deadline.

The players will vote to lynch one player every day. Unless other rule conditions come into play to stop the lynch, that player will be lynched at the end of the day and removed from the game.

VOTING

Each day, every player must submit a vote for a player to be lynched.

The proper form to vote is as follows:

VOTE CHIEF RUM

Votes which do not follow this form are at risk of being missed or disallowed.

To change your vote, follow this form:

UNVOTE CHIEF RUM

You may unvote and re-vote in the same post. I will accept the BGG format of simply stating Unvote.

Self-votes are not allowed. Two days without a vote from the player will get the player removed from the game. Nightfall votes will lock in that player's vote, but an actual early nightfall will only be honored if it is unanimously approved by all remaining players in the game.

The mechanism for determining results in the case of a tie vote is unknown.

THE DEADLINE

This game will use a 24 hour deadline. The deadline each day (Monday through Friday) will be 4 p.m. EST/1 p.m. PDT.

This is the deadline for both day actions (voting, duke actions, etc.) and night actions (nightkills, seer scans, etc.).

Any actions for the day or night that is not an "immediate" action must be sent to the GM by the deadline. Conditionals are allowed.

Votes and actions will be eligible to be counted if they happen up to and including 4:00 p.m. EST (1:00 p.m. PDT). Any votes at 4:01 p.m. EST (1:01 p.m. PDT) will not be counted.

DUKES AND HUNTERS

The villagers and wolves are also split into two separate groups: the Dukes and the Hunters.

There is no tie between players being wolfs or villagers and being dukes and hunters. Every player's allegiance as a Duke or a Hunter will be assigned randomly, regardless of their allegiance as a wolf or villager.

Although the major win conditions lie with the wolves versus the villagers, every player also has a minor win condition as a Duke or a Hunter to see that his respective team is the dominant faction left in the game at the end. This will be determined on majority.

There will be wolf-villager roles, and also hunter-duke roles. It is possible to have a role from each allegiance (seer and medic, for instance).

DUKES

Dukes have the ability to change the lynch vote one time in the game, changing the actual player lynched to a player of his choosing. If there are multiple attempts to duke a lynch, an unknown tiebreaker mechanism will kick in. Only one player will be lynched, but all duke attempts will be counted an that power will be exhausted for all those who chose to duke the lynch.

Any duke action must be sent to the GM before that day's deadline via PM.

If you duke to a player who is also a duke, in addition to that player dying, you will also die. The only way to avoid this in a regular duking is to duke to a Hunter.

Each duke can, one time in the game, choose to PM to another duke. He can put in the message whatever he wishes, but he will not know what duke the message goes to, nor will the duke receiving it know from whom it came. The PM will be sent to the GM.

HUNTERS

Hunters have the ability, one time per game, to kill another player in the game, and this action will happen immediately once the GM has seen the PM. If multiple actions are received, the first received will be executed. The others received will be ignored, and those Hunters will continue to have their Hunter ability.

Only one Hunter kill will be allowed per day. No Hunters may elect to use this skill on Day One, and under no circumstance may a Hunter elect to use his kill within the last hour before deadline.

If the GM has not yet acted on a Hunter kill PM, it is possible for the sending Hunter to withdraw this action.

If you use your Hunter kill on another Hunter, in addition to that player dying, you will also die. The only way to avoid this in a regular Hunter kill is to kill a Duke.

Each hunter can, one time in the game, choose to PM to another hunter. He can put in the message whatever he wishes, but he will not know what hunter the message goes to, nor will the hunter receiving it know from whom it came. The PM will be sent to the GM.

GENERAL RULES

Editing of posts is allowed on two conditions--they must be edited within five minutes of the original post, and they must only be for proofing/grammar/spelling reasons.

Any player violating this risks the wrath of the GM.

Be courteous. This is just a game. We're here to have fun, not tear each other's throats out.

If you are killed, do not continue to post in the game thread except one last message to wish your team well. No game information may be discussed in any such farewell messages.

No discussion of the game is allowed outside of the thread, other than those manners provided for in the rules (i.e. PMs among living players).

No discussion is allowed during the processing of night actions following the lynch, except for general commentary on the lynch results. After night actions have been posted, regular discussion may ensue.

As always, if there is any general WW rule we observe here that I neglected to include, please consider it enacted. If you have any doubts about that, ask me in thread or PM me.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 04-20-2015 at 02:50 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:45 PM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

ROLES

All roles will be in the game.

Villager Roles

BODYGUARD-- This player has the option to watch over one player per night from an attack from the wolves. He can protect himself. He cannot protect the same person two nights in a row.

SEER-- This player has the ability to observe one player per night to determine their wolf-villager allegiance.

CULTIST-- You are a villager but you are a wannabe wolf. You win with the wolves, but count towards the village for win conditions. You know the wolves' identities and their Hunter/Duke allegiances. You cannot PM a player like the others, but you can receive PMs. You do not have a natural Hunter or Duke ability, although you will be a member of one of those teams. You have the ability to act as a member of one of those teams as if you were The Blank (Hunter team) or Stuttering Sam (Duke team). If you are attacked by the wolves, you will join them.

Wolf Roles

CUNNING-- This wolf will come up as a villager if the seer scans him.

BRUTAL-- This wolf will take a player of his choosing with him if he is lynched.

Duke Roles

MEDIC-- You have the option each day to watch over any other player in the game. You can watch over the same player each day, but you cannot watch over yourself. If that player is shot through a Hunter Kill, you will save his life. You will then lose your ability as a Medic. The target will survive, but he will be unable to take any action for the rest of that day. He may not be lynched on that day.

BUDDY-- You are everyone's friend. Even the Hunters like you. You can charm any player in the game into revealing his Hunter-Duke allegiance, once per night.

STUTTERING SAM-- You are Sam, and you have a stutter that is so bad, you cannot speak well enough to use the Duke ability. But you do not know this. To your knowledge, you will appear to be a regular Duke. Your attempt to duke will nullify all other dukings that day, and the original lynch target will still be lynched.

Hunter Roles

PEACEMAKER-- You are an uncommonly good orator for a Hunter and one time per game, you can stop a duking from happening. The result will be a no lynch.

BULLY-- You are a big brute of man with little consciousness when it comes to beating people up. Each night you may bully and beat up another player to determine his Hunter-Duke allegiance.

THE BLANK-- You don't know it, but someone slipped you a clip with blanks. Your shot will not kill the target.

ITEMS

There will be items in this game as well, all of which will be randomly handed out at the start of the game. These items may be passed around.

The items in the game:

Bulletproof Vest-- This item stops a bullet one time.

Ammo Clip-- This item gives you a second shot, or if you're a Duke, a first shot.

Laser Sight Scope-- If this is used in conjunction with the ability to shoot, and is aimed at someone on the opposite Duke/Hunter team, your shot will even kill someone wearing a Bulletproof Vest or a Camo Outfit. If you fire at someone on your own team, it won't fire. One time use.

Mirror-- This item can be used on a player with a gun to distract him so that his shot misses. You pick a player every day until it is used, after which the mirror breaks (no bad luck).

Camo Outfit-- If you are wearing this outfit, you cannot be found by a Hunter to shoot or Duked to by a Duke. It can only be worn three days.

Bullhorn-- This item stops any Duking if you're not Duking, and allows your Duking to be the one which happens if you are. One time use.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 04-20-2015 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:46 PM   #4
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Player List

1. Shoveler-- SURVIVOR, Duke, No Roles
2. Grover-- Duke and Stuttering Sam, Oil Profiteer, LYNCHED, Day Six
3. JAG-- Hunter, KILLED BY WOLVES, Night One
4. timmae-- Hunter, Peacemaker and Cunning Wolf, DUKE-LYNCHED BY SHOVELER, Day Three
5. cheekimonk-- SURVIVOR, Duke, No Roles
6. Raven-- Duke, KILLED BY WOLVES, Night Four
7. The Jackal-- Hunter, KILLED BY WOLVES, Night Three
8. Vaimes-- Hunter, DUKE-LYNCHED BY MARTIND, Day Two
9. fontisian-- Hunter and Blank, LYNCHED, Day Four
10. EagleFan-- Hunter, Brutal Wolf, DUKE-LYNCHED BY MRBUG708, Day Five
11. Autumn-- Hunter and Seer, KILLED BY WOLVES, Night Five
12. britrock88-- Duke and Cultist, SHOT-KILLED BY AUTUMN, Day Five
13. Zinto-- Hunter, LYNCHED, Day One
14. Narcizo-- Duke, BRUTAL-KILLED BY EAGLEFAN, Day Five
15. MartinD-- Duke, MEDIC, SHOT-KILLED BY EAGLFAN, Day Three
16. MrBug708-- SURVIVOR, DUKE and Bodyguard

MINOR WIN CONDITION: The DUKES have won the minor win condition.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 04-27-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:47 PM   #5
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Im in
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:47 PM   #6
Grover
Pro Starter

I'm in, I suppose.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:48 PM   #7
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

For those who don't know...

A Hunter is a role where the player can, at any time, once per game, shoot and kill another player in the game.

A Duke is a role where the player can, at the deadline, once per game, change the lynch results.

Old 04-16-2015, 01:12 PM   #8
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Not sure how those rules would work, but I'll be interested to see. In. Can't guarantee I'll be around at deadlines.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:16 PM   #9
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Not sure how those rules would work, but I'll be interested to see. In. Can't guarantee I'll be around at deadlines.

It's definitely an experimental ruleset, but the roles will all be fairly simple and there will be some checks and balances.

I'll be honest, though, it is entirely possible for the game to end on Day One or to go on for a while.

Old 04-16-2015, 01:48 PM   #10
timmae
College Starter

In. Calling Grover meta vote D1 right now.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:49 PM   #11
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
In. Calling Grover meta vote D1 right now.

Ass.

Also, if I'm a Hunter, I am shooting you day one. Just because.

Last edited by Grover : 04-16-2015 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:57 PM   #12
timmae
College Starter

hey now... us noobs need to stick together! Right cheeks?! Where's cheeki?
Old 04-16-2015, 02:01 PM   #13
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
hey now... us noobs need to stick together! Right cheeks?! Where's cheeki?

Truth. You mean except the Wheel of Time game?
cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 02:02 PM   #14
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

In
Old 04-16-2015, 02:05 PM   #15
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekimonk View Post
Truth. You mean except the Wheel of Time game?

Shoot, that's right. I am starting to gather a list of enemies... Heya EF! Didn't see you hiding over there! How ya doing pal! Ole' buddy of mine. Surely you'll be the ugly half of my trust team!
Old 04-16-2015, 02:56 PM   #16
Raven
College Prospect

In. But the early deadline is going to screw with my availability. Just wanted to establish that up front.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:01 PM   #17
The Jackal
Coordinator

In / wtf
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:18 PM   #18
The Jackal
Coordinator

This should be interesting
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:28 PM   #19
Vaimes
Mascot

I'll be in.
Vaimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 04:01 PM   #20
fontisian
College Prospect

In.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:09 PM   #22
Autumn
Head Coach

In. Shouldn't take much time with the massive chain of kills on the first day. ;-)
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:31 PM   #23
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
In. Shouldn't take much time with the massive chain of kills on the first day. ;-)

I'm a newb, but I agree. I predict fontisian will be involved in the first kill somehow.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:46 PM   #24
Vaimes
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekimonk View Post
I'm a newb, but I agree. I predict fontisian will be involved in the first kill somehow.

(heh heh heh)
Old 04-16-2015, 07:52 PM   #25
fontisian
College Prospect

I'm preemptively claiming bulletproof and lynch proof.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:53 PM   #26
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
I'm preemptively claiming bulletproof and lynch proof.

Solid.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:56 PM   #27
Vaimes
Mascot

gotta kill the Witch
Old 04-16-2015, 07:58 PM   #28
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaimes View Post
gotta kill the Witch

Burn the witch, get it right. Wolf!!!!
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:59 PM   #29
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

"Did you dress her up this way?"
"Well...we did do the nose."
"The nose?"
"And the hat...but she is a witch!"
"She turned me into a newt!"
"A newt?!"
"...I got better."
Old 04-16-2015, 08:02 PM   #30
Grover
Pro Starter

Relevant: Stephen Hawking Singing Monty Python's "Galaxy Song" Is Perfection

Old 04-16-2015, 08:14 PM   #31
britrock88
Pro Starter

In.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:15 PM   #32
britrock88
Pro Starter

Two questions:

1) What if two hunters target the same person?
2) What if multiple dukes attempt to throw the lynch?
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:21 PM   #33
Zinto
College Starter

I am in
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:27 PM   #34
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Can we still post in the "I was killed early" thread when we are ALL killed day/night one...
Old 04-16-2015, 08:27 PM   #35
fontisian
College Prospect

WEREWOLVES Starring Kate Micucci, Felicia Day, and Jeff Lewis - HALLOWEEK - YouTube

I'll just leave this here.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:56 PM   #36
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Two questions:

That person gets shot twice

Quote:

The double duke? I think that's like crossing the streams.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:02 AM   #37
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I believe the time schedule will mean I can actually be around at deadline for the first time since Pass' games. Or possibly not. Not that it should matter once the bodies start hitting the floor. I'm guessing the shorterst game ever.

Perhaps Werewolves vs Vampires (werewolves are hunters, vampires are dukes) for flavour.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:54 AM   #38
timmae
College Starter

Fellas... We are not all either a hunter or a duke. That'd be crazy talk..
Old 04-17-2015, 07:16 AM   #39
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Fellas... We are not all either a hunter or a duke. That'd be crazy talk..

Lying already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
The Game

The title says it all. Every player will be either a Duke or a Hunter (with some variations).

Obviously a wolf.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:51 AM   #40
Shoveler
High School Varsity

BREAKING NEWS: Timmae was found dead after night one. He was apparently shot seven times.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:08 AM   #41
timmae
College Starter

Now where did I put that Kevlar vest... wait, I know....

Old 04-17-2015, 08:12 AM   #42
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
While this game will feature two teams of hunters and dukes, it will actually be a normal WW game, with mostly villagers and a smaller number of wolves, hidden randomly among the hunters and dukes.

There gotsa be rules around here...
Old 04-17-2015, 09:42 AM   #43
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There gotsa be rules around here...

But those villagers and wolves will be hunters and dukes.

We'll save a spot in the I was killed early thread for you.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:44 AM   #44
timmae
College Starter

well shoot.... Not at me darnit! I'm good. Honestly. I'll prove it by saving you!
Old 04-17-2015, 09:51 AM   #45
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
well shoot.... Not at me darnit! I'm good. Honestly. I'll prove it by saving you!

I believe him, he's not acting like a wolf now.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:09 AM   #46
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh man, a Pope special role that is immune to both would be great. Infallible and Popemobile are his traits.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:10 AM   #47
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Two questions:

What do you mean "what if"?
Old 04-17-2015, 10:15 AM   #48
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Latham has to come back for this game so I can duke it to him Day 1.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:16 AM   #49
MartinD
High School Varsity

In - will be nice to be able to be around at deadline (although being alive after deadline could be an issue here... )
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:58 AM   #50
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Two questions:

1. As with the usual Hunter role, most of the Hunter roles here will be processed as soon as I see them. So it would be unlikely to have two Hunters send in kill orders at exactly the same time. I will process shoot orders in the order in which I receive them.

2. To be determined. I have several scenarios in mind and I am still thinking over the best way to go about them. If I don't go with an interesting way, I will default to first duke order received is used.