Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #2851
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Lathum, assuming you are making that move as a villager - do you see that the wolves were willing to make that move today?

Telle was going to get nailed to a wall sometime soon by virtue of the heat she was getting in every direction and the fact that the person they knew was the seer was voting for her. They had a shot at both the seer and a roled Clap in the same day by allowing Telle to fail. And the late movers can pick up some trust in the process as an added bonus.

If you think that the wolves could think this way, then you look at that late movement a little bit differently.

Sure, if they thought they could get Clap lynched today then they keep their brutal for tomorrow. But what if the alternate target ended up being Saldana and Clap is still around at night to potentially block them (remember, they knew seer already, so what role is Clap going to have when they know he is a villager and not seer?) when they go for the seer? Was Saldana a wolf or a villager? If he was a wolf, then it was obviously easier to just give up Telle here.

Anyway, that is why I'm noting who had votes on the wolf but not calling out early/late movement on that particular vote.

Dubb, here was my post on that very topic from last night post-deadline.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:17 PM   #2852
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

If you look at the vote after the Martin vote for Telle there was a huge run on her. I think we may find some wolves in the voters after Martin placed his vote on her. I will include myself in the list since I was one of those voters even though I know I am a villager:

Abe
Saldana
Dubb
Lathum
MT

PF

All of these were unvotes EXCEPT for PF. I would look at the ones who unvoted and switched after the Martin vote and I have bolded those names. I have to think there are a couple of wolves in that list.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:19 PM   #2853
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm going skating for a few hours, I'll be back but I'm going to put this out there for now.

VOTE ABE
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:20 PM   #2854
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going with Abe for reasons I have stated above and on the last page.

Vote Abe
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:21 PM   #2855
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

you think I would vote to go 5-4 on a wolf and break a tie, when I'm not going to be around later?

You think I'd jump way out in front on Day One as a wolf, knowing I would get major heat, just because I like to live dangerously as a wolf.

If you honestly think my play in this game has been anything wolfish, then you are either a wolf yourself, trying to throw suspicion on a villager, or you are absolutely rubbish at reading people in WW>

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:22 PM   #2856
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now that Bk is dead, you will learn nothing from the revelation of my role if I die.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:27 PM   #2857
hoopsguy
General Manager

Day 5 setup - assumption is that the wolves know that MartinD is the seer going into the day. Telle has been on block every day and has already drawn heat from the seer. It is clearly in their best interests to keep him quiet for one more day so they can night kill him.

#2452 - Poli continues his crusade against Telle, was started the night before when he called out for others to join him on the vote. At some point I would love to know how he was so sure when he wasn't the seer.

#2472 - Lathum puts a vote on me

#2476 - I put a vote on Clap, vote stays there for duration.

#2481 - Lathum moves to Saldana

#2494 - Saldana moves it to Lathum

#2501 - Chief votes Clap. At this point, do the wolves want to see Telle lynched? I'm not sure. Chief's vote stays for duration.

#2509 - Dubb votes Saldana

#2513 - Autumn votes Clap, says later he was following me and Chief (little nervous about this as the wolves know who is the seer right now, but still have Autumn pretty high on personal trust list)

#2521 - Abe votes for me

#2558 - MartinD votes Telle, which he has done pretty consistently for a couple of days now. But he has not revealed as the seer. I think by this point they are more or less ready to see Telle die just to keep MartinD from revealing and publishing his list.

#2587 - Telle votes for Clap, puts him in lead.

#2590 - PF votes Telle, tying it up again. PF did vote for Telle the previous day as well.

#2593 - Jackal votes for Saldana, introducing a new candidate to the vote

#2595 - Abe unvotes me, votes Telle into lead by one. I do not think there is a history of voting for Telle here.

#2598 - MT votes Clap, tying the vote one more time

#2604 - Saldana unvotes Lathum, votes Telle into lead 6-5. He has voted for Telle on D3, but I think that is only time.

#2614 - Lathum unvotes Saldana, votes Telle to push lead to 2. I don't think he has voted Telle previously but will double-check.

#2622 - Dubb unvotes Saldana, votes Telle, lead now 3. Again, will check previous votes but I'm really not suspecting Dubb right now.

#2635 - MT unvotes Clap, votes Telle. Once again, voting records to check.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:29 PM   #2858
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
OK, new idea that I'll explore this morning when I finish my work commitments - who were the people who voted for Telle yesterday that did not vote for her when she had been in danger on earlier days?

I've got pretty good vote/unvote logs from each of the days so I'll look at those.

If anyone wants to chime in on this before I get the data up, I would love feedback on if this idea makes sense as a way to find a wolf. Obviously it is somewhat self-serving, since I never voted Telle (that I can recall) so I won't appear on this list. But I think that it makes for an interesting data point, at the very least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
If you look at the vote after the Martin vote for Telle there was a huge run on her. I think we may find some wolves in the voters after Martin placed his vote on her. I will include myself in the list since I was one of those voters even though I know I am a villager:

Abe
Saldana
Dubb
Lathum
MT

PF

All of these were unvotes EXCEPT for PF. I would look at the ones who unvoted and switched after the Martin vote and I have bolded those names. I have to think there are a couple of wolves in that list.

Once again, looks like our thinking today dovetails pretty nicely.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #2859
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I pushed for Telle or hoops right after lynch revealed the Sympathizer seemingly protect either one or the other who were in the running at various times.

That gave me hard info, and I pushed for one or the other the entire day. When I voted for Telle, it was because the other one, hoops, was not getting votes, and I wanted to vote for one or the other based on Lerri's play.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #2860
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
This is quite ugly but here is the voting list that I have, Hoops.

The Jackal 1 PurdueBrad 2 Purdue 3 PurdueBrad 4 Lerriuqs 5 Claphamsa

Abe 1 ntndeacon 2 Purdue 3 PurdueBrad 4 Lerriuqs 5 Telle

PackerFanatic 1 ntndeacon 2 Eaglefan 3 PurdueBrad 4 Telle 5 Telle

Hoopsguy 1 Eaglefan 2 Purdue 3 Saldana 4 Claphamsa 5 Claphamsa

Lathum 1 Eaglefan 2 Purdue 3 PurdueBrad 4 Criticized 5 Telle Criticized

Poli 1 Telle 2 Eaglefan 3 Telle 4 Telle 5 Telle

Dubb93 1 Eaglefan 2 Eaglefan 3 Saldana 4 Lerriuqs 5 Telle

Autumn 1 Telle 2 Eaglefan 3 Telle 4 Telle 5 Claphamsa

Chief Rum 1 Eaglefan 2 Purdue 3 Saldana 4 Claphamsa 5 Claphamsa

DaddyTorgo 1 ntndeacon 2 Eaglefan 3 PurdueBrad 4 Lerriuqs 5 Telle

Saldana 1 dubb 2 Hoopsguy 3 Telle 4 Lerriuqs 5 Telle

Going to be referencing this in a second ...
Old 05-20-2009, 01:38 PM   #2861
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post

Abe
Saldana
Dubb
Lathum
MT

PF

Abe - D5 was first time his final vote was Telle all game.
Saldana - had what seems to me to have been a significant vote on Telle on D3.
Dubb - D5 was first time his final vote was Telle all game. But based on re-read I'm not terribly suspicious of him.
Lathum - D5 was first time his final vote was Telle all game. In fairness, was criticized one day but I don't recall him putting much pressure on her on D4 (again, correct if I'm wrong)
MT - D5 was first time his final vote was Telle all game.
PF - also voted for Telle on D4, vote yesterday was not an unvote.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:40 PM   #2862
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
#2160 - Saldana votes Lerri. He had a good Telle vote the previous day but now is falling in line on Lerri. What changed for him on Telle? This vote never moves.

my vote for telle the day before was based on a post by Barkeep that made me think he was the seer....he said he felt good about voting for her before, but was more excited about it today....he then came up dead and not the seer, so i at that point shifted my thoughts off of her.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:40 PM   #2863
hoopsguy
General Manager

Day 5 voters (non-Telle):
Jackal
Hoops (I'm clearing myself, for whatever that is worth)
Autumn
Chief (I'm vouching for him)
Telle (wolf)
Old 05-20-2009, 01:45 PM   #2864
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm pretty sure my vote today will be between Lathum, Abe, and MT.

Saldana and Jackal are a little further back on my distrust list right now.

I cannot see a situation where I vote for Chief, Poli, Dubb, PF, or Autumn this afternoon.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #2865
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I have a PM in to Danny to see if I can address this

How is this working out for you, Lathum?
Old 05-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #2866
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm going to go with Lathum today. I think his role is BS, he has never put any real pressure on Telle, and the "No Vote" thing is actually working out to his advantage to some extent because he isn't having to justify votes.

I recognize that this is a stretch compared to some of the other candidates that have been floated but I think there is a pretty good likelihood that there is a veteran wolf who is letting some of the veteran villagers stick around to help with creating a smokescreen. I trust Chief, Dubb, and Poli so that starts to thin the herd a little bit on who would be the "vet wolf".

The Day 1 vote on EF is about the only thing that I can't quite rationalize with his play right now.

VOTE LATHUM
Old 05-20-2009, 02:04 PM   #2867
Autumn
Head Coach

Abe, PackerFanatic, Lathum, Poli and Dubb are the only players I don't think I have figured out at this point. I think three of them are wolves, two villagers. Voting history doesn't peg all three of them, but I'll keep looking.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #2868
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Abe, PackerFanatic, Lathum, Poli and Dubb are the only players I don't think I have figured out at this point. I think three of them are wolves, two villagers. Voting history doesn't peg all three of them, but I'll keep looking.

So are you willing to share some of your conclusions on the other players, other than that you think they are villagers?
Old 05-20-2009, 02:12 PM   #2869
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
How is this working out for you, Lathum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I'll address this here, for the most part I'd prefer discussion to be on the voting analysis, etc... and less on exploring roles, I really don't want any potential reveals to go any further.

--
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:14 PM   #2870
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, maybe my vote on you will trigger your condition. One can only hope. But I'm excited about the prospect of seeing your way-cool role out in the open to the benefit of all villagers.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:17 PM   #2871
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Lathum, maybe my vote on you will trigger your condition. One can only hope. But I'm excited about the prospect of seeing your way-cool role out in the open to the benefit of all villagers.

seriously, fucking stop putting words in my mouth.

I never said it was way cool. I said it is helpful to the village.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #2872
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, then I hope that I'm helping the village by voting for you.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #2873
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Clever set up by hoops btw. I highly recommend you guys not following him, amazing he waited until there's a day I can't vote to come after me.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #2874
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
OK, then I hope that I'm helping the village by voting for you.

you wanna go down that road then that's fine. But there is zero chance it will be me getting lynched tonight.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:21 PM   #2875
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

and FWIW the guy leading the charge against me has maybe the worst voting record this game, while I have had a hand in 2 key votes damning wolves, but Hoops has found a clever way to circumvent that point.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:22 PM   #2876
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

solid analysis hoops - and i can't fault your thinking i might be wolfish - hasn't been my strongest game. i can honestly admit i've been a bit...distracted by life.

fact is though that i'm just a villager, albeit one without any particular use to the village at this time. so voting me out would just cost a villager, nothing more, nothing less.

Abe, Telle, and PF seem to be the commonalities between hoops' list and autumn's list.

I have to add to that that I am somewhat suspicious of Poli as well - his strong push for Telle could easily be a wolfish tactic designed to draw trust after they decided to cut her loose.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:22 PM   #2877
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, if you are in fact a villager that cannot be lynched then that sounds really, really beneficial to the village.

There is no listed wolf role with that power, so we would see that you are a villager.

BTW, I was stunned that Pass did not duke you the last time that you said that you would not be getting lynched when you picked up a vote. I'm hoping he will answer why he did not go after you immediately after reading that back on Day 3 or 4 (whenever it was).
Old 05-20-2009, 02:24 PM   #2878
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

like i said - i really think we need to get this hoops vs. lathum thing figured out. the way they're going at each other, one/both are likely wolves.

so in the hopes of that getting going - subject to change later of course

VOTE HOOPSGUY
Old 05-20-2009, 02:25 PM   #2879
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Abe, Telle, and PF seem to be the commonalities between hoops' list and autumn's list.

I would hope that Telle is on everyone's wolf list by now

So, what name did you mean to have listed there?
Old 05-20-2009, 02:28 PM   #2880
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Lathum, if you are in fact a villager that cannot be lynched then that sounds really, really beneficial to the village.

do you think thats the case?
Old 05-20-2009, 02:28 PM   #2881
hoopsguy
General Manager

This game has just moved into 10th for all-time posts. Assuming we have a couple of days left, this one might find its way up to 4,000 posts.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:29 PM   #2882
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
do you think thats the case?

I'm going to be very surprised if you have a role that allows you to circumvent a lynch, either by negating it or redirecting it. We already had a public duke role in the game.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:30 PM   #2883
Danny
Head Coach

As of 2879

2 Hoopsguy - Saldana (2842), DaddyTorgo (2879)
3 Abe - Autumn (2782), The Jackal (2853), Dubb (2854)
1 Lathum - Hoopsguy (2866)

Yet to vote Poli, Chief Rum, PackerFanatic

Last edited by Danny : 05-20-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:32 PM   #2884
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I'm going to be very surprised if you have a role that allows you to circumvent a lynch, either by negating it or redirecting it. We already had a public duke role in the game.

so when you said you think you are helping the village by voting me you think I am a wolf?
Old 05-20-2009, 02:32 PM   #2885
hoopsguy
General Manager

Danny, Jackal unvoted me and voted Abe. It should be 3-2-1.

Hoops - Saldana (2842), MT (2878)
Abe - Autumn (2782), Jackal (2853), Dubb (2854)
Lathum - Hoops (2866)

2713 Autumn votes Jackal 1-0
2726 Hoops votes Jackal 2-0
2731 Jackal votes Hoops 2-1
2758 Hoops unvotes Jackal 1-1
2759 Saldana votes MT 1-1-1
2766 Dubb votes Chief 1-1-1-1
2767 Autumn unvotes Jackal, votes Chief 2-1-1 Chief over Hoops/MT
2782 Autumn unvotes Chief, votes Abe 1-1-1-1 Hoops/MT/Chief/Abe
2784 Dubb unvotes Chief 1-1-1 Hoops/MT/Abe
2792 Jackal unvotes Hoops 1-1 MT/Abe
2842 Saldana unvotes MT, votes Hoops 1-1 Abe/Hoops
2853 Jackal votes Abe 2-1 Abe over Hoops
2854 Dubb votes Abe 3-1 Abe over Hoops
2866 Hoops votes Lathum 3-1-1 Abe over Hoops over Lathum
2878 MT votes Hoops 3-2-1 Abe over Hoops over Lathum
Old 05-20-2009, 02:32 PM   #2886
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
so when you said you think you are helping the village by voting me you think I am a wolf?

Correct.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #2887
Danny
Head Coach

Ok, fixed
Old 05-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #2888
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would hope that Telle is on everyone's wolf list by now

So, what name did you mean to have listed there?

Whoops

Abe, Lathum, PF is what I guess I meant to say.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #2889
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Whoops

Abe, Lathum, PF is what I guess I meant to say.

PF is not on my list.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #2890
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh wow - i didn't realize there were 3 on abe - must have missed that
Old 05-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #2891
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

then idk what i meant - i had a third name that seemed suspect to you both, but i forget hoops
Old 05-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #2892
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Correct.

well you made it sound like by voting me you were helping the village by triggering my ability, 2 very different things
Old 05-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #2893
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
This game has just moved into 10th for all-time posts. Assuming we have a couple of days left, this one might find its way up to 4,000 posts.

Wow, hopefully everyone has had fun, though 4,000 seems a bit out of reach
Old 05-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #2894
hoopsguy
General Manager

Assuming that Chief is willing to back me up in the same way that I have him, I think the wolves are going to be in a tough spot tonight. We both have pretty lousy voting records, so you would want to leave one or both of us around to be patsies later in the game. But if people actually believe us then they have a 2-man COT that has emerged even after they got the seer out of the way. Which is significant both for today with 10 people and tomorrow with 8 people.

Of course, their best course of action is to convince the remaining villagers that I'm full of crap and that I'm a spinning wolf. If the villagers lynch me or Chief, that saves the wolves having to do the dirty work themselves.

Anyway, should be interesting to watch the rest of the way however it unfolds.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #2895
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
well you made it sound like by voting me you were helping the village by triggering my ability, 2 very different things

I was being flippant; I do not think that you have an ability to trigger that is going to help the village after 5 1/2 days of it lying dormant.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #2896
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so Hoops, you think my day 2 exploits were just a ruse as a wolf to try and build trust with 19 people left and the seer still alive to scan me since I was acting so strangely?
Old 05-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #2897
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yes, if you are a wolf then I'm guessing you are the cunning wolf. I had minimized this possibility earlier in the game but I've come back around to it after the last few days of votes and posts by you.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #2898
hoopsguy
General Manager

But honestly, I'm not all that worried about what wolf role you hold as long as you are a wolf. If you are a villager then I'll guess it just goes onto the list of times I've been wrong this game. Which are well documented already.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #2899
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I'll start here - Poli, you obviously are not seer, BG, or duke so you can't role reveal. But was your determination to get Telle yesterday purely gut-driven or was there something more that led you in that direction?

A little bit of both. I wish I could go into more detail.

Quote:
#2452 - Poli continues his crusade against Telle, was started the night before when he called out for others to join him on the vote. At some point I would love to know how he was so sure when he wasn't the seer.
See above comment.

With that, I'm struggling with where to put my vote. I'll make a decision soon. I'll be working out and heading off to church later tonight.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:52 PM   #2900
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Yes, if you are a wolf then I'm guessing you are the cunning wolf. I had minimized this possibility earlier in the game but I've come back around to it after the last few days of votes and posts by you.

thats such a standard response and c'mon, on day 2 i'm not making a crazy play as a wolf.

I think it more likely you want us to waste a day today so you guys can get an extra kill tonight.