Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-22-2011, 07:42 AM   #1051
Danny
Head Coach

The problem with that is if you had voted Telle, you clearly have one established candidate with (according to what I think) both wolves already having their votes locked in. That would have been very dangerous as there was a day + left for Tyrith to rethink his vote.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #1052
Danny
Head Coach

And obviously Telle wouldn't vote herself and I posted I was not likely to vote Telle, so again it would have been very risky to put that 3rd vote down.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:05 AM   #1053
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
And obviously Telle wouldn't vote herself and I posted I was not likely to vote Telle, so again it would have been very risky to put that 3rd vote down.

And yet that would have been a 3-2 vote on Telle all the same and by your guesstimation, a wolf win. So the logic doesn't fly in the slightest.

I get the vote on me, I just think your logic would have been sounder on schmidty, not me.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:15 AM   #1054
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
The problem with that is if you had voted Telle, you clearly have one established candidate with (according to what I think) both wolves already having their votes locked in. That would have been very dangerous as there was a day + left for Tyrith to rethink his vote.

The wolves allowed a villager to be unvoted on their theoretical winning day? I can understand if this was the days before it would be fine, but not today
Old 05-22-2011, 08:16 AM   #1055
MrBug708
Head Coach

I can't speak for tyrith but I doubt the vote unswitches if there were three votes on someone
Old 05-22-2011, 09:06 AM   #1056
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I can't speak for tyrith but I doubt the vote unswitches if there were three votes on someone

I can't speak for him either, but if I was in his position and had two people quickly follow my vote and make it a 3-0 race, I would certainly rethink my vote.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:31 AM   #1057
The Jackal
Coordinator

2 - Danny - Tyrith (1043), MrBug708 (1046)
1 - Telle - Schmidty (1022)
1 - MrBug708 - Danny (1047)
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:12 AM   #1058
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
I can't speak for him either, but if I was in his position and had two people quickly follow my vote and make it a 3-0 race, I would certainly rethink my vote.

So which instance was there a 3-0 vote made on this day? Iyour logic certainly incriminates you on the ntd vote. As far as the Telle vote, its only 2 against her, not three. No need to make up a voting pattern that hasn't happened today
Old 05-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #1059
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think ur play is hoping schmidty switches to me and telle obviously votes for me to save herself. In that case, is schmidty is a wolf, we have lost the game. I don't blame ur logic but if u truly are the third villager, you just lost it for us as Telle and Schmidty would then be the wolves and will obviously vote for me :[ Either way, if that's the way the voting goes, you just lost it for the villagers. Just depends on what Schmidty is and what side you are on.

Sad as ur logic dictates a vote on Schmidty and you went for me
Old 05-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #1060
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think ur play is hoping schmidty switches to me and telle obviously votes for me to save herself. In that case, is schmidty is a wolf, we have lost the game. I don't blame ur logic but if u truly are the third villager, you just lost it for us as Telle and Schmidty would then be the wolves and will obviously vote for me :[ Either way, if that's the way the voting goes, you just lost it for the villagers. Just depends on what Schmidty is and what side you are on.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #1061
MrBug708
Head Coach

Uggh...phone
Old 05-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #1062
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
So which instance was there a 3-0 vote made on this day? Iyour logic certainly incriminates you on the ntd vote. As far as the Telle vote, its only 2 against her, not three. No need to make up a voting pattern that hasn't happened today

You're just putting words in my mouth now. I was givng the reason a wolf (I.E. you) would not have made that third vote.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:59 PM   #1063
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

And if you are a villager, you lost it with your vote for me. \

You saying my logic says to vote Schmidty is ridiculous. If I vote Schmidty, whether he is a villager or a wolf, he then switches his vote to me and I and the villagers are done for.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #1064
Schmidty
Coordinator

Just got back from church (we're all still there) and lunch. It seems that I have some thinking to do here.

I don't really want to be a tool and just keep following what Tyrith is doing even though I know he's good, but I also don't want to waste my vote and allow the wolves to do some last second switching, as has been stated. I'm just going to have to think more about it and see what else happens today.

Unvote Telle
Old 05-22-2011, 05:12 PM   #1065
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
You're just putting words in my mouth now. I was givng the reason a wolf (I.E. you) would not have made that third vote.

And what is your reasoning for both Schmidty and I not hiding our votes on NTD during his vote? That would have been easier as it wouldn't have cleared anything about the villagers and make it even harder for that side to win.

We can look at one of his last posts

Quote:

My choices of who is wolves is in the following order:
1. Telle
2. Danny
3. Mr. Bug (could be, my thoughts if you are that you voted contrary to your lupine brothers and/or sisters)
4. Schmidty (I would be pretty surprised if you are wolf)
5. Tyrith (if you are a wolve they have won anyway)
6. me. (well I know my allegience)

In fact, your logic for voting for me IS THE EXACT SAME logic that you used in NOT voting for Telle after Schmidty cast the second vote on her in the initial vote by Tyrith.

Your huge jump to conclusion that two wolves wouldn't throw their votes on the same person is a very odd statement, especially a move that wouldn't be one worth preventing this early. An early vote on a known wolf, if anything, would clear a villager probably up until the end.

The fact that you yourself did that exact same strategy, makes sense on why that would happen, as it probably is what crossed your mind, but if I were a wolf, I would have lent strength to Tyrith's vote. In the past week, Tyrith hasn't switched their vote until the last day and only because you didn't want to vote for Telle. Your the only reason Tyrith switched votes, they did exactly what you thought Tyrith was going to do. If everyone had jumped on the Telle bandwagon, I'm willing to bet that Tyrith probably would have left the vote on.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #1066
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
And if you are a villager, you lost it with your vote for me. \

You saying my logic says to vote Schmidty is ridiculous. If I vote Schmidty, whether he is a villager or a wolf, he then switches his vote to me and I and the villagers are done for.

Yes. Schmidty was the second vote on Tyrith's first vote and yet you give him a pass. I explained why I thought your logic was faulty above. As for him changing his vote to you, that was certainly possible, but it would still come down to Telle to make the vote and I would have bet she picked Schmidty over you, considering he jumped on her to begin with. Picking me was just an odd move since your own reasoning would have meant that Schmidty would have fit your reasoning better.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #1067
MrBug708
Head Coach

I probably just convinced Schmidty to vote for me, but I was more speaking in terms of Danny's reasoning behind his vote for me. Just find it odd that he first did what he is convinced I'm doing, and thinks that a vote on me is the right move to make, in spite of this.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #1068
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I probably just convinced Schmidty to vote for me, but I was more speaking in terms of Danny's reasoning behind his vote for me. Just find it odd that he first did what he is convinced I'm doing, and thinks that a vote on me is the right move to make, in spite of this.

You haven't convinced me of anything. I still want to hear from Telle and maybe Tyrith again. I'm pretty set in understanding what you and Danny are thinking, so......yeah.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #1069
MrBug708
Head Coach

Ok. Just didnt want to defend myself by throwing someone else under the bus and getting them to vote for me. Very crafty plan by Danny
Old 05-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #1070
Schmidty
Coordinator

Well, I haven't seen Telle, so I'm just going to make this a consensus for now:

Vote Danny

I hope this doesn't make me look bad, but I want to put this closer to being out of the hands of the wolves. I do think it's odd that Telle hasn't voted, but maybe she just missed that the deadline was tonight.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #1071
Schmidty
Coordinator

I just don't feel good about this. Sorry Bug. I hope I didn't just screw us over.

Unvote Danny

Vote MrBug
Old 05-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #1072
MrBug708
Head Coach

Well...you did but Telle didnt vote so we just go another day
Old 05-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #1073
Schmidty
Coordinator

Wait!!! That would be a fricking tie.

Unvote Bug

Vote Danny
Old 05-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #1074
The Jackal
Coordinator

2 - Danny - Tyrith (1043), MrBug708 (1046)
2 - MrBug708 - Danny (1047), Schmidty (1071)
Old 05-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #1075
Schmidty
Coordinator

Shit.

I quit.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #1076
MrBug708
Head Coach

Who knows...maybe one of us picked the "killer room" and we off a construction worker
Old 05-22-2011, 09:03 PM   #1077
The Jackal
Coordinator

The Jester chuckles.

Having trouble deciding, are we?!

THE CUBE WILL DECIDE FOR YOU!
Old 05-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #1078
The Jackal
Coordinator

All three doors open at once and slam shut again and again. The lights flicker on and off, changing colors from every color choice that you've had.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #1079
The Jackal
Coordinator

A lightning bolt strikes in the center of the room and things go dark.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #1080
The Jackal
Coordinator

The lights slowly start to come back on and you are immersed in fog.

When the fog settles, you see the corpse of one of your cubemates, MrBug.

MrBug708 was a vanilla cube rat!
Old 05-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #1081
MrBug708
Head Coach

WTG guys
Old 05-22-2011, 09:06 PM   #1082
The Jackal
Coordinator

The Jester claps his hands merrily.

Two holes open in the ceiling and tractor beams lock on to Danny and Schmidty, removing them from the room. Telle and Tyrith scramble around, not knowing if they should want to join them or stay back.

When Danny and Schmidty have been removed the ceiling closes and the Jester's face reappears.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:07 PM   #1083
Schmidty
Coordinator

Shoot, darn. Golly.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:07 PM   #1084
The Jackal
Coordinator

The construction workers have outlasted you, cube rats! Their reward is .. their lives! Perhaps a trip to New Jersey. We haven't worked that part out yet.

Danny was a construction worker!
Schmidty was the foreman!
Old 05-22-2011, 09:08 PM   #1085
Schmidty
Coordinator

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!
Old 05-22-2011, 09:08 PM   #1086
MrBug708
Head Coach

*sigh*
Old 05-22-2011, 09:08 PM   #1087
The Jackal
Coordinator

Slowly but surely the oxygen is sucked out of the room, leaving Tyrith and Telle gasping for their breath. As they collapse to the ground, everything goes dark. The game is over.

Tyrith was the bodyguard!
Telle was a vanilla cube rat!
Old 05-22-2011, 09:08 PM   #1088
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful performance Schmidty!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #1089
The Jackal
Coordinator

(I'm about to start a movie and need to get on it or it'll end too late. I'll be happy to answer any and all questions tomorrow. I realize people on the villager side of the spectrum will have felt like this game was tilted against them, and it kind of was. The village has been owning lately, and they nearly won again. Mostly this was an experiment to see how the game would go with very limited kills. I think it was too few, though I enjoyed seeing how people came to their voting decisions near the end of the game with only one cleared player)
Old 05-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #1090
The Jackal
Coordinator

All decisions that were made were random, including this final vote. Everything was predetermined based on how things went during the day, but if it had to be settled by outside forces (i.e. ties), it was done randomly. The cube split was random, there was no specific assignment of wolves to each room.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #1091
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Damnit Bug you played great. You almost had it! Seems you couldn't win today. Inactivity kinda hosed the village all week. And I must say after following this all week...Danny/Schmidty was one combination I never suspected.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:12 PM   #1092
The Jackal
Coordinator

The way out of the cube was Pi. The first 10 (and there would have been more if there were more days) digits of Pi were embedded each day in the number sequence. 3 was in the first slot on one of the numbers in the first day, 1 in one of the second slots on the second day, etc.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:12 PM   #1093
The Jackal
Coordinator

The village would have escaped if at any point three correct doors in a row were chosen (and they beat the wolves to the end).
Old 05-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #1094
Danny
Head Coach

I could have played the last day better, and would have liked to see how Telle would have voted, but I think the wolves did a good job as I think this was a tough game with the lack of night kills. Good game guys.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:14 PM   #1095
The Jackal
Coordinator

The only thing that was determined by wrong room selection outside of activating the wolf NK was that on the first wrong door the splitter would occur. After that a wrong room just meant that the village was 3 days away from escaping.

This ends my hastily written explanations, I'll get to anything else tomorrow.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:14 PM   #1096
Schmidty
Coordinator

Thanks for the good game, Jackal.

I figured I had a good chance to win it if I forced the last second tie. I almost forgot to vote for the door though, which would have sucked since I think that was the deciding factor in a tie. That was my hunch anyway. If only 1 of the 3 villagers either forgot to vote or voted wrong, I felt we were ok. Kind of got lucky I guess.

I like the late game. I have trouble getting into the early and mid parts, so this was a blast.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:15 PM   #1097
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Danny I thought you were a wolf pretty much all game but I thoguht the combination was you and Telle. And How this week played (and not played) out, really any of you could have been wolves. VERY tough game.

And my thanks to the construction workers for killing off the scientists that hosed me to begin with.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:16 PM   #1098
Schmidty
Coordinator

So it seems that it was dumb luck on my part then. Oh well. It was still fun.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:16 PM   #1099
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I fucking new it. If you guys would have just went my way and killed danny when you had a chance, you might have won. I put my foot in my mouth a few times and danny just stayed cool that whole day I died.

I knew it was Schmidty, too the day I died. It was so dumb. LOL
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #1100
Schmidty
Coordinator

It was kind of like my lucky Duke that one time when Lathum and I got into it afterward.