Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-13-2006, 11:36 AM   #801
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Are you saying that you have in-game knowledge of 2 sections of the plane? That could be important. Or were you just including some of your knowledge from the show?

There has been nothing that I have seen to suggest that there are 2 sections in this game (not saying it's not true, just wondering how this might all fit in-game).

This caught my eye as well. More detail would be nice.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:36 AM   #802
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015
What's the earliest a wolf has been killed? I am hoping we're able to get rid of one today.

2 games ago it was day 1 and day 2 (me) then the wolves (dubb) went on to blow smoke up everyone's butt and won the game.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:37 AM   #803
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
What's the earliest a wolf has been killed? I am hoping we're able to get rid of one today.

Didn't Harry Potter nail one in the first vote?
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:40 AM   #804
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade has 26% of the posts in this thread. Sheesh!
First of all, that prob. is a bit low for me ...second, how did you figure that one out?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:40 AM   #805
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Are you saying that you have in-game knowledge of 2 sections of the plane? That could be important. Or were you just including some of your knowledge from the show?

There has been nothing that I have seen to suggest that there are 2 sections in this game (not saying it's not true, just wondering how this might all fit in-game).

Show knowledge. But at the same time, there was an awful lot of distrust between the two sections.. second season specifically, since first season we only knew about the first (although there were hints).

If we're willing to work under the assumption that every survivor has an associated "name" character (whether they know it or not), I think it's reasonable to assume that there might be names from both sides of the island. It could be that the PMs were worded in such a way to create that distinction. Or, I could be overthinking it.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:42 AM   #806
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
First of all, that prob. is a bit low for me ...second, how did you figure that one out?

From the main forum index, you can click on the number of replies and it opens a window that shows how many posts have been made by those who have posted.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:42 AM   #807
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
Show knowledge. But at the same time, there was an awful lot of distrust between the two sections.. second season specifically, since first season we only knew about the first (although there were hints).

If we're willing to work under the assumption that every survivor has an associated "name" character (whether they know it or not), I think it's reasonable to assume that there might be names from both sides of the island. It could be that the PMs were worded in such a way to create that distinction. Or, I could be overthinking it.
I mentioned earlier their might be two camps...its possible, but since i didnt get a normal PM i can really dissect it. And since no one seems comfortable posting it yet i can really help in that department. I can only go on wondering how some of my most suspicious people are suddenly forming an alliance
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:42 AM   #808
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

I see what you're saying.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:43 AM   #809
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i would prefer not to explain in depth, but his behavior bothers me significantly enough for me to believe he is an other.

Neat. What about my behavior, out of curiosity?
Old 02-13-2006, 11:44 AM   #810
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
I see what you're saying.

With that in mind - does my vote make sense? I figured it was really the best way to throw you off while gameplanning for tonight's matchup.

Old 02-13-2006, 11:45 AM   #811
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I mentioned earlier their might be two camps...its possible, but since i didnt get a normal PM i can really dissect it. And since no one seems comfortable posting it yet i can really help in that department.

Just want to point out for the newbies that you cannot share your PMs word for word. You can post hints, etc, but even that can be somewhat frowned upon if taken to the extreme.

Wanted to make sure this bit wasn't mis-interpreted to be a suggestion to post the PMs.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:46 AM   #812
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Neat. What about my behavior, out of curiosity?
Id imagine your vote for the untouchable trio of love had something to do with it
Demotivation
Old 02-13-2006, 11:47 AM   #813
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
With that in mind - does my vote make sense? I figured it was really the best way to throw you off while gameplanning for tonight's matchup.

Hehe. That didn't occur to me until now.

(To let everyone else in on what we're talking about - Celeval and I are matched up against each other in IHOF tonight - and he's going down!!!).
Old 02-13-2006, 11:48 AM   #814
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Id imagine your vote for the untouchable trio of love had something to do with it

KWhit, me and ???
Old 02-13-2006, 11:48 AM   #815
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Just want to point out for the newbies that you cannot share your PMs word for word. You can post hints, etc, but even that can be somewhat frowned upon if taken to the extreme.

Wanted to make sure this bit wasn't mis-interpreted to be a suggestion to post the PMs.
echo that, dont post PMs...i was just commenting on everyones wishes to hold back on revealing roles, and while i agree with it on day 2, in the next few days people are going to have to start playing their hands
Demotivation
Old 02-13-2006, 11:49 AM   #816
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
KWhit, me and ???
hoops...you vouched for him and he vouched for kwhit
Demotivation
Old 02-13-2006, 11:49 AM   #817
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Hehe. That didn't occur to me until now.

(To let everyone else in on what we're talking about - Celeval and I are matched up against each other in IHOF tonight - and he's going down!!!).

I hope that's all it is about.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:49 AM   #818
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I can only go on wondering how some of my most suspicious people are suddenly forming an alliance

And why are we suspicious? In fact, you have posted multiple times that you think I'm a survivor.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:49 AM   #819
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
hoops...you vouched for him and he vouched for kwhit

Yeah, that's right. I think the three of us have seen all of the same signs.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:53 AM   #820
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
And why are we suspicious? In fact, you have posted multiple times that you think I'm a survivor.

I know I am inexperienced, but you guys can't really think I would give up my 'other'hood this early if I was one, do you?

I am being this open about it because there is a strong indication that they are the same as me and we're good guys. If I were a bad guy, I wouldn't be so open about you I trust and don't trust.

You guys will see how simple it is when you find out.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:53 AM   #821
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Your not to me, which is why i havent acted against this group...hoops for being the vote that lynched mr. w, spleen(as much as i respect the work he did) accused me and i know im a good guy...so any person i see accusing a known good guy i must be suspicious of...so 2/3 aint bad if you ask me...odds game, nothing too heavy other then hoops, usually the sharpest player "missing" mr. w's hints and lynching him
Demotivation
Old 02-13-2006, 11:54 AM   #822
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Another tidbit for you...you were a very late swap(post deadline) for the assasin. King was as good as dead up until like an hour AFTER the deadline when the assasin got cold feet. If he had gone king, king WOULD have died. For better or worse, i cant say.

Assuming Blade's info is true, does this imply the assassin was a villager? If it was an Other, why cold feet to change targets?
Old 02-13-2006, 11:54 AM   #823
spleen1015
Coordinator

Dola,

If I were a bad guy, I wouldn't be so opne about who I trust and don't trust.

Since I can't edit, that is the last sentence of my 2nd paragraph above.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:55 AM   #824
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
If I were a bad guy, I wouldn't be so open about you I trust and don't trust.
If your a bad guy, you know just who to say you trust...if i was bad, i could easily pick 5 villagers a say that is my trust group...not too hard...i agree you prob. all have something from your PM, but i dont like that one point
Demotivation
Old 02-13-2006, 11:55 AM   #825
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Dola,

If I were a bad guy, I wouldn't be so opne about who I trust and don't trust.

Since I can't edit, that is the last sentence of my 2nd paragraph above.
I just commented on that above...i disagree totally with this point
Demotivation
Old 02-13-2006, 11:55 AM   #826
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Re: Blade’s reveal – Don’t quite know what to make of it really. Not an avenue I was going when I was thinking of doing the game, but if true an interesting one by AE. I still feel that he’s hiding something from us (I don’t think I want to know what it is yet either) and fibbing a little (great move for a survivor to ensure they last especially if it takes out 2 others). I’d same I’m over the 65% mark on him being good.

Spleen – I think you are blowing the word others up a bit re: Blade using it.

Pennywise – listen freckles, I still don’t like your lack of defense especially with the numbers mounting up against you. I said you were my vote yesterday and right now bandwagon or not your going to get it.

There are too many quiet players and they are all my #2’s right now.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:56 AM   #827
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Assuming Blade's info is true, does this imply the assassin was a villager? If it was an Other, why cold feet to change targets?
The assasin i speak of is not an other, no
Demotivation
Old 02-13-2006, 11:56 AM   #828
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Your not to me, which is why i havent acted against this group...hoops for being the vote that lynched mr. w, spleen(as much as i respect the work he did) accused me and i know im a good guy...so any person i see accusing a known good guy i must be suspicious of...so 2/3 aint bad if you ask me...odds game, nothing too heavy other then hoops, usually the sharpest player "missing" mr. w's hints and lynching him

For the record, I am very close to believing you're a good guy given all that you have revealed today.

You are no longer one my suspect list.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:59 AM   #829
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
For the record, I am very close to believing you're a good guy given all that you have revealed today.

You are no longer one my suspect list.
But forcing me to show my hand still counts...wolfs accuse vets and either get them dead or role revealed...just saying, while i tend to think your good if kwhit sees something, it could be construed a certain way
Demotivation
Old 02-13-2006, 11:59 AM   #830
spleen1015
Coordinator

Since Mr. W and Gramm are dead, they are no longer allowed to participate in the thread, correct?

When you're dead, are you no longer allowed to read the thread? I assume you can't take part in anything anymore, but I just want to make sure I know what's going on before I'm gone.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:00 PM   #831
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I told you, i have/had no knowledge of the others or their actions...that was a human assasination attempt on night one that failed for reasons i feel i know. Its a major reason mckerney doesnt have a vote from me right now.
Demotivation
Old 02-13-2006, 12:00 PM   #832
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Since Mr. W and Gramm are dead, they are no longer allowed to participate in the thread, correct?

When you're dead, are you no longer allowed to read the thread? I assume you can't take part in anything anymore, but I just want to make sure I know what's going on before I'm gone.

That is correct.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:01 PM   #833
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

They can read all they want...while dead they cant comment on the game that effects anything...making posts like laughing at the villagers after killing 9 villagers in a row is ok i think( )
Demotivation
Old 02-13-2006, 12:02 PM   #834
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
But forcing me to show my hand still counts...wolfs accuse vets and either get them dead or role revealed...just saying, while i tend to think your good if kwhit sees something, it could be construed a certain way

Knowing now, I wish I hadn't pursued things the way I did. I saw something that I thought was useful. It meant nothing, but it would have been awesome if it had.

I'm confident that you and I are fighting for the same side.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:03 PM   #835
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I told you, i have/had no knowledge of the others or their actions...that was a human assasination attempt on night one that failed for reasons i feel i know. Its a major reason mckerney doesnt have a vote from me right now.

I'm not asking for anything that would reveal too much for the wolves, so if providing your thoughts about mckerney would do that, its ok to hold back. If you don't think it would give them too much information, I would be curious to your thoughts here. Right now Mckerney has seemed the fishiest to me, and has my vote. While hoops's day 1 action was probably worse, I feel to some extent, Hoops has redeemed himself with some of his insight and thoughts, and his conversations so far in day 2 have me feeling that he is on our side. I might be fooled but thats where I am leaning. Right now i haven't seen much from Mckerney that helps me feel I shouldn't vote for him.

If you have some good reasons i would be interested in them. Right now this feels like day 1 vote all over again to me, where I don't have alot to go on and I honestly feel right now the bandwagon on Penny is wrong. (or if right, just lucky and based on hunches)
Old 02-13-2006, 12:04 PM   #836
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

You can read the thread once you're dead, just don't make comments about the game.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:06 PM   #837
spleen1015
Coordinator

This thing is too good to be away for the last 5 hours of the day. I don't like having to decide my vote that far in advance.

Damn 2nd jobs!

I'm enjoying this greatly. Yesterday, I wasn't all that confident about playing and was thinking this would be my only WW game. Today, I'm looking forward to playing more in the future. Thanks for makeing it fun, fellas!
Old 02-13-2006, 12:07 PM   #838
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
I'm not asking for anything that would reveal too much for the wolves, so if providing your thoughts about mckerney would do that, its ok to hold back. If you don't think it would give them too much information, I would be curious to your thoughts here. Right now Mckerney has seemed the fishiest to me, and has my vote. While hoops's day 1 action was probably worse, I feel to some extent, Hoops has redeemed himself with some of his insight and thoughts, and his conversations so far in day 2 have me feeling that he is on our side. I might be fooled but thats where I am leaning. Right now i haven't seen much from Mckerney that helps me feel I shouldn't vote for him.

If you have some good reasons i would be interested in them. Right now this feels like day 1 vote all over again to me, where I don't have alot to go on and I honestly feel right now the bandwagon on Penny is wrong. (or if right, just lucky and based on hunches)
I cant really tell you my reasons for mckerney, other then i think he has a certain villager role(one other person should know what im talking about cough cough hoops)...as for hoops, let him go today...ive got my eye on him and i want to see what he does tomorrow

As for mckerney, let me ask you this...do you think a wolf voted for king, yes or no?
Demotivation
Old 02-13-2006, 12:10 PM   #839
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, that should read as for pennywise*
Demotivation
Old 02-13-2006, 12:10 PM   #840
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
As for mckerney, let me ask you this...do you think a wolf voted for king, yes or no?

How would you be able to know this? Hunch?
Old 02-13-2006, 12:10 PM   #841
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

You can read it if you want.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:12 PM   #842
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
How would you be able to know this? Hunch?
Im asking alan if he thinks a wolf voted for king on day 1...its about the penny vote...id like him to answer and i cant reason why yet
Demotivation
Old 02-13-2006, 12:13 PM   #843
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I cant really tell you my reasons for mckerney, other then i think he has a certain villager role(one other person should know what im talking about cough cough hoops)...as for hoops, let him go today...ive got my eye on him and i want to see what he does tomorrow

I do think that there is a good chance that one of the votes on King is a wolf yes. That group I had you, Raiders, Penny and Hoops (until the flipflop) +Mr. W who is dead.

Obviously Mr.W doesnt count, so that left 4 of you. Im not saying that Penny isn't a wolf, but it seemed less likely to me that he was the wolf placing the tying vote there to possibly save Mr. W than some of the others in that list. Plus people keep saying he hasnt been defending himself, but I think he has. He gave his reason for a vote (which is as good of a reason as you could have on Day 1 I think), and he has gone into more detail in responses about it. I think any more protesting either lead to him looking more wolfish, or having to do either a real or fake (if he is indeed a wolf) role reveal.

I guess I don't understand if everyone seems to be going down the penny road of thought, why some of the rest of that group come off scott free right now. Its almost like Raiders is quietly sliding back into the shadows here and letting people run with it.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:13 PM   #844
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
Pennywise – listen freckles, I still don’t like your lack of defense especially with the numbers mounting up against you. I said you were my vote yesterday and right now bandwagon or not your going to get it.

What else do you want me to say SnDvls? I tried to preserve Mr. W by voting for the other person in their two person runoff. I essentially tied the vote at 5 apiece until other players changed their minds or cast late votes. Its day 2, I don't really have a lot of evidence to throw out there since one vote doesn't really show a voting record.

I'm curious as to why you are voting for me so easily? Is it because you want to align yourself with Blade? Because the "evidence" against me is so flimsly its not even funny. If you guys say its because I'm somewhat quiet, I'd say don't be ridiculous because there are other players involved in this game who are a hell of alot more quiet than I am.

All I know is that my PM said something along the line of me being a simple survivor with not special role to note. I'm trying to figure out how Blade has manipulated so many into believing I'm bad when my actions show a survivor's mentality.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:16 PM   #845
KWhit
Coordinator

Interesting. I'm starting to believe that penny is a good guy.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:18 PM   #846
Swaggs
Coordinator

Wow. This caught up with this thread.

These games have evolved a ton since I last played. It used to be so simple to pick out the wolves, but everyone seems so experienced now.

I feel like there are a couple of people I can completely trust at this point, so I will follow along and see what they are thinking for now.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:19 PM   #847
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I do think that there is a good chance that one of the votes on King is a wolf yes. That group I had you, Raiders, Penny and Hoops (until the flipflop) +Mr. W who is dead.

Obviously Mr.W doesnt count, so that left 4 of you. Im not saying that Penny isn't a wolf, but it seemed less likely to me that he was the wolf placing the tying vote there to possibly save Mr. W than some of the others in that list. Plus people keep saying he hasnt been defending himself, but I think he has. He gave his reason for a vote (which is as good of a reason as you could have on Day 1 I think), and he has gone into more detail in responses about it. I think any more protesting either lead to him looking more wolfish, or having to do either a real or fake (if he is indeed a wolf) role reveal.

I guess I don't understand if everyone seems to be going down the penny road of thought, why some of the rest of that group come off scott free right now. Its almost like Raiders is quietly sliding back into the shadows here and letting people run with it.
If you believe a wolf voted king, you have 3 options(not counting myself)...hoops(who is being vouched for by kwhit and spleen), raiders, and penny...trust me when i say raiders is being watched as well. One big x-factor is if king is good or bad...if king is good too it doesnt matter at all if someone voted king or mr. r, who was tied or not, but more just how wolves were spread out. Everyone has reasons for voting a certain way. Do i know penny is bad, no...but im betting he has a far better chance of being bad then raiders at this point in time. I cant give you reasons you want, just a hunch. But im betting king is a villager and there for penny's vote really didnt matter much if he is good or bad...
Demotivation
Old 02-13-2006, 12:20 PM   #848
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Interesting. I'm starting to believe that penny is a good guy.

Yikes! I'm with you.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:21 PM   #849
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

I agree. Raiders is a hude suspect in my mind right now.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:21 PM   #850
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you believe a wolf voted king, you have 3 options(not counting myself)...hoops(who is being vouched for by kwhit and spleen), raiders, and penny...trust me when i say raiders is being watched as well. One big x-factor is if king is good or bad...if king is good too it doesnt matter at all if someone voted king or mr. r, who was tied or not, but more just how wolves were spread out. Everyone has reasons for voting a certain way. Do i know penny is bad, no...but im betting he has a far better chance of being bad then raiders at this point in time. I cant give you reasons you want, just a hunch. But im betting king is a villager and there for penny's vote really didnt matter much if he is good or bad...

Well I can't really argue against hunches, thats all I have to go on right now too. I don't think I am as alarmed that you are voting for penny as I am at how many people just hop along with less reasoning than you to do the same. I think you have pretty much defended your vote even if at this time I might disagree with it to some extent, I respect that. Its getting too easy though if a run away bandwagon forms that everyone is just hopping on the penny train without much in the way of reasons. I just dont want to be stuck at day 3 in the same spot as I am here without much to go on.