Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-25-2006, 08:01 PM   #1
st.cronin
General Manager

2010-2011 Real Marcianise

My first season as Manager of the Italian Football Club Real Marcianise is here: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=49924

In that first season, RM won the Italian Serie C/2C Championship, earning promotion to the Serie C1/B. Our team is in terrible financial shape, losing about 150K each month.

The Board expectations this year are high: They expect us to earn another promotion. The supporters expect the same thing.

knives out

st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:03 PM   #2
st.cronin
General Manager

World Cup Roundup

2nd Round:

Code:
Argentina 3 Chile 1 Croatia 2 Romania 2p Switzerland 2 Sweden 0 France 0 Spain 2 Czech Republic 1 Holland 2 Belgium 2 Brazil 1 England 2 Mexico 3 Hungary 1 Italy 3

Quarterfinal

Code:
Argentina 3 Spain 1 Romania 3 Switzerland 0 Holland 0 Italy 1 Belgium 0 Mexico 1e

Semifinal

Code:
Argentina 2 Mexico 0 Romania 2e Italy 1

3rd place and final
Code:
Mexico 0p Italy 0 Argentina 0 Romania 2

Romania wins the 2010 World Cup!

knives out
Old 05-25-2006, 09:17 PM   #3
st.cronin
General Manager

Pre-season preview

Transfers in: Marco Buonocorte, 23, Italian GK, Free; Jarkko Vesapuisto, 21, Finnish DM, 3K. Buonocorte, who spent 2009-2010 playing for Palazzola, and has some experience at this level, should take over as the #1 goalkeeper. Last year Marco Fortin and Giuseppe Della Corte split time. Fortin played better, but he's 35. Della Corte didn't do anything to impress me, and he has been transfer listed. My plan with Vesapuisto, acquired from Rimini, is to have him split time and gradually take over for last year's star DM, Antonio Amita, now 34. This may or may not be a wise idea; we shall see. My theory is that you should always have a plan as to who's going to replace your 30-something star.

Transfers out: None yet. Francesco Piccolo is unhappy with his wages, so I've been trying to find a team that can afford him, but no luck so far.

New youth players: Pietro Foti, 15 year old fast striker; and Massimo Mancuso, 15 yr old centre back. Keep an eye on Foti, he looks like he's going to be good.

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 05-25-2006 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:43 PM   #4
st.cronin
General Manager

Pre-season summary

3 more deals of note:

Goalkeeper Giuseppe Della Corte is sold to Cremonese for 9K. We come to a co-ownership agreement with Catanzaro for young striker Nicola La Rocca. The deal is for 1.3M, which temporarily puts us in the black. Francesco Piccolo signs a new, 1-year deal for 220K.

There are only 2 injuries:

New goalie Marco Buonocorte injures his shoulder training, and misses the entire pre-season. Our other addition, Jarkko Vesapuisto, also misses most of the pre-season, after "breaking his nose again in training." I will try and get both of them some playing time with the reserves before easing them into the lineup.

We go to war with the following 11:
Francesco Piccolo, 24 year old striker. Contract year. Not likely to be with us next year.
Nicola La Rocca, 17 year old striker. 2nd leading goal-scorer a year ago.
Massimiliano Perrotta, 19 year old midfielder. Naturally a center midfielfder, he'll start the season on the left wing.
Niccolo Esposito, 21 year old midfielder. Naturally a right winger, he'll start the season in the middle. Both Esposito and Perrotta could move over, but that would mean that ...
Manuel Panini, 27 year old fullback/right wing would have to play on the back line. Panini at fullback makes us a little stronger defensively, but not quite as adept on offense. Panini was one of our best players as a right wing last year.
Antonio Amita, 34 year old defensive midfielder. Amita was our BEST player last year. My plan is to ease Vesapuisto into this position either this year or next year.
Alexis Chauveau, 28 year old French left back.
Michele Ciano, 24 year old center back. Ciano has been named team captain.
Sergio Carnesalini, 27 year old center back.
Stefano Bianciardi, 25 year old sweeper, playing right back. If I had a good option at left wing, I would move Panini back to this position, and move Esposito and Perrotta one spot to the right.
Marco Fortin, 35 year old goalkeeper.

key subs:
Luca Esposito, 24 year old striker. I will probably need Esposito NEXT year, since both Piccolo and La Rocca could be gone. He'll get lots of playing time.
Jarkko Vesapuisto, 22 year old defensive midfielder.
Giuseppe Occhipinti, 30 year old central defender.
Marco Buonocorte, 23 year old goalie.
Alberto Corradi, 18 year old midfielder.
Pierpaolo Agostini, 19 year old midfielder.

I actually have a boatload of 18-19 year old midfielders - some of them may get a chance this year.

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 05-27-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:36 PM   #5
st.cronin
General Manager

Serie C Cup Group J

August 22nd, vs. Olbia

-------Piccolo------La Rocca--------
---Perrotta--N. Esposito--Panini-----
-------------Amita------------------
Chauveau-Ciano-Carnesalini-Bianciardi
-------------Fortin------------------

Panini converts a corner kick, and La Rocca, MoM, scores two. A disappointing crowd (177), but a solid performance as RM wins 3-1.

August 25th, @Nocerina

Luca Esposito gets a start, and Panini is moved to the backline. Also, Filippo Furlan, 16 year old goalkeeper prospect, gets some first team action.

------L. Esposito-----La Rocca------
----Corradi---Perrotta---Esposito----
-------------Amita------------------
Chauveau-Ciano-Carnesalini-Panini
-------------Furlan------------------

Luca Esposito, MoM, brings his A-game, scoring two goals, and Perrotta adds a third, as we cruise: RM wins, 3-0.

I don't think this Cup has any prestige whatsoever; I'm basically just using these games as an excuse to try out different tactics, and get different guys some playing time.

knives out
Old 05-27-2006, 04:08 PM   #6
st.cronin
General Manager

I have added one more player, 30 M LC Luca Minopli. He has high scores in marking, positioning, teamwork, work rate, and passing.

Season opener:

August 29, @ Massesse

-----Piccolo------L. Esposito-----
--Minopoli--Perrotta--N. Esposito--
------------Amita-----------------
------------Fortin----------------

Well, the less said about this game, the better. Minopoli is a disaster on the left wing; and my back line just completely disintegrates. RM loses, 6-1. I don't even have the heart to give a post-game talk. I leave it set to "none."

knives out
Old 05-27-2006, 05:15 PM   #7
st.cronin
General Manager

Italian Serie C Cup

September 1st, vs. Frascati

-------Piccolo----La Rocca------
--Manopoli--Perrotta--N.Esposito-
-------------Amita--------------
-----------Buonocorte------------

Buonocorte makes his debut. La Rocca has several chances in the first half, but can't finish any, and the match ends in a 0-0 draw. We have qualified for the first round.

September 8th, @ Savoia

Strictly an exhibition game for us as we have secured advancement to the next round. I play some of the young guys, and RM loses, 3-2.

knives out
Old 05-27-2006, 05:47 PM   #8
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

what's a co-ownership deal get you?
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 05:57 PM   #9
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkenst
what's a co-ownership deal get you?

A co-ownership deal gets you a lot of cash, but you get to keep the player for at least one more year. It's essentially a down payment, giving the club an option to buy.

knives out
Old 05-27-2006, 05:59 PM   #10
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
A co-ownership deal gets you a lot of cash, but you get to keep the player for at least one more year. It's essentially a down payment, giving the club an option to buy.

interesting.. i didn't know that.
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 06:14 PM   #11
st.cronin
General Manager

Back to league play:

September 12, @ Juve Stabia

-----L. Esposito------Piccolo-----
-Monopoli---Perrotta--N. Esposito-
-----------Vesapuisto------------
-----------Buonocorte------------

Luca Esposito scores an inspirational goal in the 6th minute, but then has to be replaced with an injury. Vesapuisto is uninspiring in his debut, and RM loses, 2-3.

September 15, vs. Valenzana

------La Rocca--------Piccolo-------
--Perrotta----N. Esposito----Panini--
---------------Amita----------------
Chauveau-Ciano-Carnesalini-Occhipinti
---------------Fortin----------------

La Rocca scores two early goals, but, as with Luca Esposito last game, is forced off with an injury. I think I may need to adjust my tactics, possibly my passing - the game ends in a 2-2 draw, despite RM being a man up for the entire second half. We're off to a bad start in league play, 0 wins, 2 losses, 1 draw.

knives out
Old 05-27-2006, 06:24 PM   #12
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkenst
interesting.. i didn't know that.

In this case, the purchasing club (Catanzaro) is essentially speculating that the player in question will be worth MORE than 2.6 Mil in one year's time. So they offer 1.3 Mil to own half his rights. I imagine there are several ways this could play out, and I don't really know all the ramifications.

knives out
Old 05-27-2006, 07:29 PM   #13
st.cronin
General Manager

September 20, vs. Sambenedettese

-----L. Esposito----Piccolo-------
--Conte---Perrotta---N. Esposito-
------------Amita---------------
----------Buonocorte------------

I'm pretty desperate for a win here. Game is televised. I've adjusted my tactics, which have been dead center for passing, extremely narrow, slow, and time-wasting. I shorten up the passes, and set the width right in the middle. My thinking is that shortening up the passes will help with the defensive breakdowns I've been seeing, and widening up the field will help take advantage of some of my midfielders mobility. The tactics seem to work today, as Francesco Piccolo gets two goals, Luca Esposito scores again, and Nick Esposito gets his first goal of the year. RM wins, 4-2.

September 26, @ Arezzo

-------L. Esposito----Piccolo--------
--Minopoli--M. Perrotta--N. Esposito--
-------------Vesapuisto------------
Chauveau-Carnesalini-Bianciardi-Panini
-------------Buonocorte------------

Things don't go so well today; Buonocorte turns in a horrific performance, and RM loses, 2-5. Luca Esposito gets a goal and an assist.

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 05-27-2006 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:30 PM   #14
st.cronin
General Manager

Code:
| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 1st | | Taranto | | 5 | 5 | 0 | 0 | 13 | 3 | +10 | 15 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 2nd | | Massese | | 5 | 3 | 2 | 0 | 14 | 6 | +8 | 11 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 3rd | | Sassari Torres | | 5 | 3 | 2 | 0 | 6 | 0 | +6 | 11 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 4th | | Cisco Roma | | 5 | 3 | 2 | 0 | 8 | 4 | +4 | 11 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 5th | | Bari | | 5 | 3 | 1 | 1 | 11 | 3 | +8 | 10 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 6th | | Vittoria | | 5 | 3 | 1 | 1 | 6 | 3 | +3 | 10 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 7th | | Frosinone | | 5 | 2 | 3 | 0 | 8 | 5 | +3 | 9 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 8th | | Arezzo | | 5 | 2 | 0 | 3 | 10 | 11 | -1 | 6 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 9th | | Montevarchi | | 5 | 1 | 2 | 2 | 11 | 10 | +1 | 5 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 10th | | Valenzana | | 5 | 1 | 2 | 2 | 5 | 8 | -3 | 5 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 11th | | Real Marcianise | | 5 | 1 | 1 | 3 | 11 | 18 | -7 | 4 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 12th | | Acireale | | 5 | 1 | 1 | 3 | 3 | 9 | -6 | 4 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 13th | | Crotone | | 5 | 1 | 1 | 3 | 3 | 9 | -6 | 4 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 14th | | Juve Stabia | | 5 | 1 | 1 | 3 | 8 | 12 | -4 | 4 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 15th | | Potenza | | 5 | 1 | 1 | 3 | 7 | 11 | -4 | 4 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 16th | | Sambenedettese | | 5 | 1 | 1 | 3 | 8 | 11 | -3 | 4 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 17th | | Cavese | | 5 | 0 | 3 | 2 | 2 | 8 | -6 | 3 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 18th | | Martina | | 5 | 0 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 7 | -3 | 2 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Not the best of starts for my squad.

knives out
Old 05-27-2006, 10:27 PM   #15
st.cronin
General Manager

October 2010

October 3, Real Marcianise (11th place) vs. Vittoria (6th place)

----L. Esposito-------La Rocca---
--Conte----Perrotta----Esposito--
--------------Amita--------------
--------------Fortin--------------

The season has opened up as a relegation battle. Conte has figured in the mix in the midfield, and has done a nice job. It may end up that my 3 big acquisitions all end up sitting on the bench! La Rocca opens up the scoring in the 12 minute; Vittoria's Omar Sherif ties it up in the 29th minute. The game ends up in a 1-1 draw.

October 17, Real Marcianise (13 place) vs Crotone (10th place)

----L. Esposito-------La Rocca---
Bosetti-Ciano-Carnesalini-Bianciardi
--------------Furlan--------------

The youngster Furlan gets the call in goal, and Bosetti and Bianciardi get starts on the back line. Bianciardi is MoM, and Furlan plays very well, but the match ends in a 0-0 draw.

October 24, Real Marcianise (14th place) @ Martina (15th place).

-----Piccolo-------La Rocca-----
------------Buonocore------------

Martina gets a goal in the opening minute, but our defense tightens up after that, and La Rocca gets the equalizer in the 70th minute. 1-1 draw.

October 31, Real Marcianise (14th place) vs. Bari (4th place)

-----Piccolo--------La Rocca----
-Minopol---Perrotta--N. Esposito--

We again go down 0-1 in the opening minute, and again fight back to level, this time with a Nick Esposito header in the 18th minute. 1-1 draw.

All 4 league matches end in a draw this month.

knives out
Old 05-27-2006, 10:29 PM   #16
st.cronin
General Manager

Code:
| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 1st | | Taranto | | 9 | 7 | 1 | 1 | 20 | 9 | +11 | 22 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 2nd | | Bari | | 9 | 5 | 3 | 1 | 21 | 8 | +13 | 18 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 3rd | | Sassari Torres | | 9 | 5 | 3 | 1 | 13 | 3 | +10 | 18 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 4th | | Massese | | 9 | 4 | 5 | 0 | 22 | 13 | +9 | 17 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 5th | | Vittoria | | 9 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 11 | 10 | +1 | 15 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 6th | | Frosinone | | 9 | 3 | 5 | 1 | 13 | 11 | +2 | 14 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 7th | | Acireale | | 9 | 4 | 2 | 3 | 13 | 14 | -1 | 14 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 8th | | Cisco Roma | | 9 | 3 | 3 | 3 | 13 | 12 | +1 | 12 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 9th | | Montevarchi | | 9 | 3 | 3 | 3 | 18 | 17 | +1 | 12 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 10th | | Sambenedettese | | 9 | 3 | 3 | 3 | 19 | 18 | +1 | 12 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 11th | | Crotone | | 9 | 3 | 3 | 3 | 8 | 9 | -1 | 12 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 12th | | Arezzo | | 9 | 3 | 1 | 5 | 17 | 19 | -2 | 10 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 13th | | Valenzana | | 9 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 9 | 14 | -5 | 9 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 14th | | Real Marcianise | | 9 | 1 | 5 | 3 | 14 | 21 | -7 | 8 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 15th | | Cavese | | 9 | 0 | 7 | 2 | 4 | 10 | -6 | 7 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 16th | | Martina | | 9 | 1 | 3 | 5 | 8 | 15 | -7 | 6 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 17th | | Juve Stabia | | 9 | 1 | 2 | 6 | 11 | 20 | -9 | 5 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 18th | | Potenza | | 9 | 1 | 1 | 7 | 9 | 20 | -11 | 4 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

knives out
Old 05-28-2006, 06:57 PM   #17
st.cronin
General Manager

November 2010

Luca Esposito has demanded a move to a bigger club for about the millionth time. Once again, I tell him he is going nowhere, and he requests a transfer. I decline to place him on the transfer list, and he immediately goes into a pout. His contract is up at the end of the year, so his future with the club is cloudy.

November 3, Real Marcianise @ Gubbio, Serie C Cup Qualifying Round Leg 1

The first match was a of a home and home with Gubbio to see who will advance in this silly Cup. Nobody comes to these games (typical attendance for a league game is over 3000, typical attendance for a Cup match is less than 300), so I've basically been using them to experiment with tactics, and get some guys at the back of the bench some gametime.

----L. Esposito------Tomassini---
--Minopoli---Perrotta---Esposito--
------------Vesapuisto-----------

Esposito and Gianluca Tomassini blow several chances at goals, and Gubbio goalie Cristian Darcano stuffs a couple more, earning himself MoM in a 0-0 draw.

November 7, Real Marcianise (14th place) vs. Potenza (18th place).

----L. Esposito--------Piccolo----
--Minopoli---Perrotta---Esposito--
--------------Fortin--------------

Potenza jumps out to a quick 2-0 lead, but Massimiliano Perrotta converts a penalty kick, and adds a second goal just after halftime. Potenza centerback Cristante gets red-carded in the 75th minute, but we can't take advantage, and the match ends in a 2-2 draw.

November 10, vs. Gubbio, Serie C Cup Qualifying Round Leg 2

------Conte--------La Rocca-----
---Minopoli---Perrotta---Corradi---
Bosetti-Occhipinti-Carnesalini-Panini

Once again against Gubbio, we get most of the chances, but fail to score, and the match goes to extra time, and then penalties. La Rocca, Perrotta, and Amita get us off to a 3-2 start, but Conte and Tomassini miss. Tied at 3-3, Stefano Bianciardi puts in the clincher, and RM wins on penalties, 0-0.

November 17, Real Marcianise vs. Reggiana, Serie C Cup 1st Round Leg 1

The first of a home and home.

-------Piccolo-------La Rocca-------
----Minopoli---Perrotta---Corradi----
-------------Vesapuisto------------
---------------Fortin---------------

La Rocca scores two first half goals. Minopoli plays perhaps his best game yet, and the score doesn't reflect our dominance: RM wins, 2-1.

November 21, Real Marcianise (15th place) @ Cavese (16th place)

-------Piccolo-------La Rocca-------
----Minopoli---Perrotta---Panini----
---------------Amita--------------
Bosetti-Ciano-Carnesalini-Bianciardi
------------Buonocore-------------

Luca Esposito subs for La Rocca at halftime, and promptly hurts his ankle; Gianluca Tomassini comes on and promptly scores 2 goals. Francesco Piccolo adds a late third goal, and RM wins 3-0. Manuel Panini scores a perfect 10, and earns MoM. Only our second win in league play!

November 24, Real Marcianise @ Reggiana, Serie C Cup 1st Round Leg 2

------Piccolo-------Tomassini------
----Minopoli---Perrotta---Panini----
--------------Agostini-------------
Chauveau-Ciano-Occhipinti-Bianciardi
---------------Fortin---------------

Pierpaolo Agostini gets his first first team action of the year, as Vesapuisto is out with a strained neck. Francesco Piccolo scores in the first half, Tomassini scores in the second half, and Minopoli again plays well. RM wins, 2-1, and advances 4-2 on aggregate. Ciano is MoM.

November 28, Real Marcianise (13th place) vs. Taranto (1st place)

------La Rocca------Tomassini------
---Minopoli---N. Esposito---Panini---
---------------Amita---------------
-------------Buonocore--------------

Tomassini has earned a start. Chauveau, Panini (MoM) and Buonocore star as we play perhaps our best game of the year. Nic Esposito heads home a goal early in the first half, and he "hardly give Taranto a sniff" the rest of the way. RM wins 1-0.

knives out
Old 05-28-2006, 07:08 PM   #18
st.cronin
General Manager

Code:
| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 1st | | Bari | | 12 | 8 | 3 | 1 | 27 | 8 | +19 | 27 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 2nd | | Taranto | | 12 | 8 | 1 | 3 | 23 | 12 | +11 | 25 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 3rd | | Vittoria | | 12 | 6 | 3 | 3 | 16 | 13 | +3 | 21 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 4th | | Massese | | 12 | 5 | 6 | 1 | 27 | 18 | +9 | 21 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 5th | | Cisco Roma | | 12 | 6 | 3 | 3 | 20 | 12 | +8 | 21 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 6th | | Sassari Torres | | 12 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 16 | 11 | +5 | 19 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 7th | | Acireale | | 12 | 5 | 3 | 4 | 19 | 18 | +1 | 18 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 8th | | Montevarchi | | 12 | 5 | 3 | 4 | 21 | 21 | 0 | 18 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 9th | | Frosinone | | 12 | 4 | 5 | 3 | 15 | 15 | 0 | 17 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 10th | | Sambenedettese | | 12 | 4 | 4 | 4 | 26 | 24 | +2 | 16 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 11th | | Martina | | 12 | 4 | 3 | 5 | 16 | 16 | 0 | 15 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 12th | | Real Marcianise | | 12 | 3 | 6 | 3 | 20 | 23 | -3 | 15 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 13th | | Arezzo | | 12 | 4 | 1 | 7 | 19 | 22 | -3 | 13 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 14th | | Valenzana | | 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 14 | 19 | -5 | 13 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 15th | | Crotone | | 12 | 3 | 3 | 6 | 9 | 18 | -9 | 12 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 16th | | Cavese | | 12 | 0 | 8 | 4 | 5 | 16 | -11 | 8 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 17th | | Potenza | | 12 | 2 | 2 | 8 | 13 | 25 | -12 | 8 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 18th | | Juve Stabia | | 12 | 1 | 2 | 9 | 13 | 28 | -15 | 5 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

For the month, we win twice, draw once, and don't lose. It's not too late to mount a run at promotion.

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 05-28-2006 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:00 PM   #19
st.cronin
General Manager

December 2010

December 5, Real Marcianise (12th place) @ Acireale (7th place)

------Conte-------La Rocca------
--Minopoli---N. Esposito---Panini--

Quite a few injuries force us to go with U-20 regulars in Conte and Furlan against our co-promotees Acireale. Acireale goes up a goal in the 61st minute, and we look headed to defeat. In the 80th minute, I switch to a 3-1-3-3, and the result is a tying goal from La Rocca in the 89th minute! A 1-1 draw wasn't what I had in mind, but we'll take it. Minopoli is the MoM.

December 12, Real Marcianise (11th place) vs. Frosinone (8th place)

------Piccolo------La Rocca------

As was our habit earlier in the season, we go down a goal before most people have taken their seats. La Rocca and Piccolo execute a perfect fast break to even it up before the half. I put Luca Esposito, my pouty striker, in the game for La Rocca in the second half, and he scores two goals, leading us to victory: RM wins, 3-1. Minnopoli and Ciano put forth good efforts.

December 19, Real Marcianise (10th place) @ Montevarchi (8th place)

------Piccolo------Tomassini------
------------Vesapuisto------------
-------------Buonocore-------------

Vesapuisto and Buonocore are healthy again, and Tomassini gets another crack at winning a job. We get off to another poor start, going down 0-2 at the half. Once again in the 80th minute I switch to an ultra-attacking style, and it pays off big dividends: Luca Esposito, Panini, and Piccolo score goals in the space of 6 minutes, and RM wins 3-2. A tremendous win! Luca Esposito seems like he plays much better when he's unhappy. Luca Minopoli is the MoM.

December 23, Real Marcianise (9th place) vs. Sassari Torres (7th place).

------Piccolo------L. Esposito------
-------------Buonocore-------------

Francesco Piccolo has had a bit of a frustrating year, but he gets off to a fast start today, scoring a pair of goals in minutes 24 and 28. Nic Esposito bangs home a penalty kick just before half, and sub Mirko Conte adds a 4th in the 90th minute. RM wins, 4-1. Minopoli is AGAIN the MoM; Carnesalini also shines.

knives out
Old 05-28-2006, 10:07 PM   #20
st.cronin
General Manager

We win 3 and draw 1 for a solid December. We head into the holiday break very much in the hunt for promotion, and playing well.

Code:
| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 1st | | Bari | | 16 | 10 | 5 | 1 | 32 | 9 | +23 | 35 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 2nd | | Cisco Roma | | 16 | 10 | 3 | 3 | 29 | 13 | +16 | 33 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 3rd | | Taranto | | 16 | 10 | 2 | 4 | 30 | 19 | +11 | 32 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 4th | | Frosinone | | 16 | 7 | 5 | 4 | 28 | 20 | +8 | 26 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 5th | | Massese | | 16 | 6 | 7 | 3 | 34 | 28 | +6 | 25 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 6th | | Acireale | | 16 | 7 | 4 | 5 | 25 | 21 | +4 | 25 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 7th | | Real Marcianise | | 16 | 6 | 7 | 3 | 31 | 28 | +3 | 25 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 8th | | Vittoria | | 16 | 6 | 6 | 4 | 20 | 18 | +2 | 24 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 9th | | Sassari Torres | | 16 | 6 | 5 | 5 | 21 | 20 | +1 | 23 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 10th | | Sambenedettese | | 16 | 6 | 4 | 6 | 29 | 29 | 0 | 22 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 11th | | Montevarchi | | 16 | 6 | 3 | 7 | 25 | 30 | -5 | 21 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 12th | | Arezzo | | 16 | 6 | 2 | 8 | 24 | 24 | 0 | 20 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 13th | | Martina | | 16 | 5 | 4 | 7 | 19 | 20 | -1 | 19 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 14th | | Crotone | | 16 | 4 | 5 | 7 | 15 | 24 | -9 | 17 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 15th | | Valenzana | | 16 | 4 | 4 | 8 | 16 | 27 | -11 | 16 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 16th | | Cavese | | 16 | 1 | 8 | 7 | 8 | 19 | -11 | 11 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 17th | | Juve Stabia | | 16 | 3 | 2 | 11 | 18 | 34 | -16 | 11 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 18th | | Potenza | | 16 | 2 | 2 | 12 | 15 | 36 | -21 | 8 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 05-28-2006 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:14 PM   #21
st.cronin
General Manager

January 2011

This team's finances are ridiculous; every month, we lose at least 100K, and it seems every other month, the board dumps 100-300K into the team. I must be working for Bill Gates.

January 9, Real Marcianise (7th place) @ Valenzana (14th place)

As is our style, we fall behind, then rally with two late goals, by Piccolo and Mirko Conte, a late sub. Michele Ciano is the MoM, and Manuel Panini also plays well. RM wins, 2-1.

January 16, Real Marcianise (5th place) vs. Cisco Roma (2nd place)

------Piccolo------L. Esposito------
-------------Vesapuisto-----------
------------Buonocore-------------

Cisco Roma gets whistled for 19 fouls to our 6, and gets 3 yellow cards to our none, but still we can't manage a single shot on goal, and RM loses 0-1. I've just about had it with Luca Esposito. When he's on, he's fantastic, but then he has games like this, where he just does nothing.

January 23, Real Marcianise (6th place) vs. Massese (4th place)

-------Piccolo--------Conte-------

Francesco Piccolo ties the match at 1-1 late in the first half; we look headed for a draw, when a poor throw-in from Bianciardi leads to a breakaway goal in the 89th minute; for the second week in a row, RM loses, 1-2.

Transfer deadline is approaching, and we make 3 deals:

Antonio Signorini, 17 year old GK, is loaned out for the duration of the season to Francavilla.

Marco Fortin, 36 year old GK, is transfered out for 1K to Cittadella.

Brian Allison, 22 year old Scottish D RC, is transfered in from MK Dons for 5K. He's strong, fast, athletic, and a good decision maker who should send Bianciardi to the bench.

January 30, Real Marcianise (8th place) vs. Juve Stabia (17th place)

-------Piccolo-------La Rocca-----
Chauveau-Ciano-Carnesalini-Allison

Brian Allison makes a contribution right away, setting up a right side run for La Rocca, who centers the ball for Nic Esposito and a 1-0 lead. Luca Minopoli assists on a Piccolo goal, and Nic Esposito scores again, and RM wins 3-0. Luca Minopoli is MoM.

knives out
Old 05-29-2006, 05:16 PM   #22
st.cronin
General Manager

We win 2 and lose 2 for the month of January. We need to finish 5th or higher to have a shot at promotion. I'm optimistic about our chances, but we really need to play extremely well from here out.

Code:
| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 1st | | Bari | | 20 | 13 | 5 | 2 | 38 | 10 | +28 | 44 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 2nd | | Cisco Roma | | 20 | 13 | 4 | 3 | 37 | 16 | +21 | 43 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 3rd | | Taranto | | 20 | 11 | 3 | 6 | 35 | 25 | +10 | 36 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 4th | | Massese | | 20 | 9 | 8 | 3 | 44 | 33 | +11 | 35 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 5th | | Martina | | 20 | 9 | 4 | 7 | 28 | 21 | +7 | 31 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 6th | | Real Marcianise | | 20 | 8 | 7 | 5 | 37 | 32 | +5 | 31 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 7th | | Frosinone | | 20 | 8 | 6 | 6 | 33 | 26 | +7 | 30 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 8th | | Sassari Torres | | 20 | 8 | 5 | 7 | 28 | 25 | +3 | 29 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 9th | | Vittoria | | 20 | 6 | 10 | 4 | 22 | 20 | +2 | 28 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 10th | | Montevarchi | | 20 | 8 | 4 | 8 | 31 | 32 | -1 | 28 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 11th | | Arezzo | | 20 | 8 | 4 | 8 | 30 | 27 | +3 | 28 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 12th | | Acireale | | 20 | 7 | 6 | 7 | 31 | 32 | -1 | 27 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 13th | | Sambenedettese | | 20 | 7 | 5 | 8 | 36 | 38 | -2 | 26 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 14th | | Crotone | | 20 | 6 | 5 | 9 | 22 | 31 | -9 | 23 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 15th | | Valenzana | | 20 | 4 | 4 | 12 | 18 | 37 | -19 | 16 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 16th | | Potenza | | 20 | 4 | 2 | 14 | 23 | 47 | -24 | 14 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 17th | | Cavese | | 20 | 1 | 10 | 9 | 11 | 26 | -15 | 13 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 18th | | Juve Stabia | | 20 | 3 | 2 | 15 | 19 | 45 | -26 | 11 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

knives out
Old 05-29-2006, 07:03 PM   #23
st.cronin
General Manager

February 2011

February 6, Real Marcianise (6th place) @ Sambenedettese (13th place)

Sambenedettese gets a goal in the closing minutes of the first half (how frustrating is that). Nick Esposito comes through in the second half, though, scoring on a header and a penalty kick, earning MoM, and giving him 4 goals in 2 games. RM wins, 2-1.

February 13, Real Marcianise (6th place) vs. Arezzo (8th place)

A dismal effort from the team. Buonocore earns MoM by making several brilliant stops, preventing the final score from being worse. RM loses, 0-1.

February 21, Real Marcianise @ Vittoria

--Minopoli---Perrotta---Panini--

A monday night televised game, our second this year. We won last time. I've decided to quit monkeying with my forwards, and stick with Piccolo and La Rocca. I haven't gotten a lot of consistency out of anybody up there, and I think part of that is that I keep moving guys around. Anyway, today we just lay a total egg, losing 0-3. Several guys actually earn match ratings of 5! Michele Ciano, after the game, admits that manager Sean Treacy was furious with the squad.

February 26, Real Marcianise (9th place) vs. Crotone (14th place)

Apparently my post-game tirade had some impact, because we light up Crotone for 4 goals in the first 30 minutes - two from La Rocca, one from Piccolo, and Jarkko Vesapuisto's first goal. RM wins, 4-1. La Rocca earns MoM.

knives out
Old 05-29-2006, 07:05 PM   #24
st.cronin
General Manager

Another ho-hum month, 2 wins and 2 losses. We are 3 points out of the playoff picture, with 10 league matches left.

Code:
| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 1st | | Bari | | 24 | 16 | 6 | 2 | 48 | 12 | +36 | 54 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 2nd | | Cisco Roma | | 24 | 14 | 5 | 5 | 38 | 22 | +16 | 47 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 3rd | | Taranto | | 24 | 13 | 3 | 8 | 42 | 33 | +9 | 42 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 4th | | Arezzo | | 24 | 12 | 4 | 8 | 39 | 29 | +10 | 40 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 5th | | Martina | | 24 | 12 | 4 | 8 | 36 | 24 | +12 | 40 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 6th | | Massese | | 24 | 10 | 9 | 5 | 48 | 42 | +6 | 39 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 7th | | Sassari Torres | | 24 | 11 | 5 | 8 | 36 | 29 | +7 | 38 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 8th | | Real Marcianise | | 24 | 10 | 7 | 7 | 43 | 38 | +5 | 37 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 9th | | Montevarchi | | 24 | 10 | 5 | 9 | 38 | 38 | 0 | 35 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 10th | | Vittoria | | 24 | 7 | 12 | 5 | 27 | 24 | +3 | 33 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 11th | | Acireale | | 24 | 9 | 6 | 9 | 40 | 40 | 0 | 33 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 12th | | Frosinone | | 24 | 8 | 8 | 8 | 36 | 31 | +5 | 32 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 13th | | Sambenedettese | | 24 | 7 | 6 | 11 | 39 | 46 | -7 | 27 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 14th | | Crotone | | 24 | 6 | 6 | 12 | 25 | 40 | -15 | 24 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 15th | | Valenzana | | 24 | 6 | 4 | 14 | 25 | 42 | -17 | 22 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 16th | | Potenza | | 24 | 6 | 3 | 15 | 28 | 51 | -23 | 21 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 17th | | Cavese | | 24 | 2 | 11 | 11 | 15 | 31 | -16 | 17 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 18th | | Juve Stabia | | 24 | 4 | 2 | 18 | 21 | 52 | -31 | 14 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 05-29-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:58 PM   #25
st.cronin
General Manager

March 2011

March 6, Real Marcianise (8th place) @ Bari (1st place)

A very tough game for us - Bari has only lost twice this year. We get pretty much run out of the stadium, losing 3-1, our only goal coming on a Nic Esposito penalty. Jarkko Vesapuisto is maybe the one bright spot for us; him, Buonocore, and Minopoli (the three new players) have all played very well of late.

March 13, Real Marcianise (9th place) vs. Martina (4th place)

This is an important game for us, and a must-win if we're to have a chance at promotion. The boys come out flying; Nic La Rocca gets 3 assists, Nic Esposito gets 2 goals, and we soar to a 4-1 victory! Manuel Panini is MoM, and my back line plays absolutely brilliantly.

March 16, vs. Novara (Serie C Cup 2nd Round Leg 1)

-----Perrotta-----Tomassini-----
--Piras-----N. Esposito----Panini-
--------------Amita-------------
Bosetti-Ciano-Occhipinti-Bianciardi
------------Buonocore-----------

I'm not even really trying to win this game; Massimiliano Perrotta is being trained as a striker with the U-20s. Depending on the off-season, I'm loooking to be a little bit thin up there next year. Nic Piras is a young midfielder that has gotten the attention of some bigger clubs. The result is a 1-1 draw.

March 20, Real Marcianise (7th place) @ Potenza (16rh place)

--Perrotta---N. Esposito---Panini--

Luca Minopoli is out with a minor injury, so Perrotta starts in his place. Nic Esposito and Jarkko Vesapuisto go off with minor injuries, and we have more bad luck as Potenza scores a tying goal in the 89th minute. A frustrating 1-1 draw.

March 23, @ Novara Serie C Cup 2nd Round leg 2

-------Foti------L. Esposito------
---Piras-----Conte-----Corradi---
------------Agostini--------------
Bosetti-Occhipinti-Mancuso-Benetti
-------------Soccio---------------

Not a single first teamer takes the field for this match. We lose 0-1, eliminating us from this stupid cup.

knives out
Old 05-29-2006, 08:59 PM   #26
st.cronin
General Manager

For March, we win, lose, and draw once each. We are still 3 points out of the playoff with just 7 games to go.

Code:
| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 1st | | Bari | | 27 | 19 | 6 | 2 | 55 | 13 | +42 | 63 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 2nd | | Cisco Roma | | 27 | 16 | 5 | 6 | 44 | 25 | +19 | 53 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 3rd | | Arezzo | | 27 | 14 | 4 | 9 | 45 | 31 | +14 | 46 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 4th | | Martina | | 27 | 13 | 5 | 9 | 39 | 29 | +10 | 44 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 5th | | Sassari Torres | | 27 | 13 | 5 | 9 | 38 | 33 | +5 | 44 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 6th | | Taranto | | 27 | 13 | 3 | 11 | 43 | 40 | +3 | 42 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 7th | | Massese | | 27 | 11 | 9 | 7 | 53 | 50 | +3 | 42 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 8th | | Real Marcianise | | 27 | 11 | 8 | 8 | 49 | 43 | +6 | 41 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 9th | | Montevarchi | | 27 | 11 | 6 | 10 | 41 | 42 | -1 | 39 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 10th | | Vittoria | | 27 | 8 | 13 | 6 | 31 | 26 | +5 | 37 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 11th | | Acireale | | 27 | 10 | 6 | 11 | 43 | 45 | -2 | 36 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 12th | | Frosinone | | 27 | 9 | 9 | 9 | 39 | 35 | +4 | 36 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 13th | | Sambenedettese | | 27 | 9 | 6 | 12 | 45 | 49 | -4 | 33 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 14th | | Crotone | | 27 | 7 | 7 | 13 | 29 | 42 | -13 | 28 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 15th | | Valenzana | | 27 | 7 | 5 | 15 | 30 | 45 | -15 | 26 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 16th | | Potenza | | 27 | 6 | 5 | 16 | 29 | 55 | -26 | 23 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 17th | | Cavese | | 27 | 3 | 11 | 13 | 17 | 36 | -19 | 20 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 18th | | Juve Stabia | | 27 | 5 | 3 | 19 | 23 | 54 | -31 | 18 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 05-29-2006 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:34 PM   #27
st.cronin
General Manager

April 2011

April 3, Real Marcianise (8th place) vs. Cavese (17th place)

--Minopoli----Perrotta----Panini---

Nic Esposito is out for a couple of weeks, so Perrotta gets the start, and he scores our first goal in the 5th minute. We cruise today against a poor team, getting two goals from Francesco Piccolo. RM wins, 3-0. La Rocca, with two assists, gets the MoM.

April 10, Real Marcianise (6th place) @ Taranto (5th place)

--Minopoli-----Conte------Panini---

Mirko Conte gets the start at AMC, and has a fantastic game. La Rocca and Piccolo combine for three goals, but captain Michele Ciano gets the MoM. Rm wins, 3-1.

April 14, Real Marcianise (5th place) vs. Acireale (13th place)

--Minopoli-----Conte-----Panini---

A close, dull match on a Thursday that RM loses 1-2. La Rocca gets the goal, but nobody plays a distinguished game.

April 17, Real Marcianise (6th place) vs. Montevarchi (9th place)

Perrotta back in the middle for our 3rd game in 8 days. La Rocca, who's been sensational lately, gets two goals, and Piccolo earns the MoM. RM wins 2-0.

April 24, Real Marcianise (5th place) @ Sassari Torres (6th place)

We get somewhat lucky here, as Torres plays a terrific game, but doesn't get any shots on goal. Their striker Davide Lanzafame gets red carded in the 58th minute, and RM wins 2-0, as La Rocca and Piccolo each score a goal. Manuel Panini is the MoM.

knives out
Old 05-29-2006, 11:36 PM   #28
st.cronin
General Manager

April went well, with 4 wins to 1 loss. We sit in 5th place, 2 points over Massese for the last playoff spot.

Code:
| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 1st | C | Bari | | 32 | 21 | 7 | 4 | 62 | 18 | +44 | 70 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 2nd | Pl | Cisco Roma | | 32 | 19 | 6 | 7 | 56 | 33 | +23 | 63 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 3rd | | Martina | | 32 | 16 | 6 | 10 | 46 | 33 | +13 | 54 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 4th | | Arezzo | | 31 | 16 | 5 | 10 | 52 | 39 | +13 | 53 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 5th | | Real Marcianise | | 32 | 15 | 8 | 9 | 60 | 47 | +13 | 53 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 6th | | Massese | | 32 | 14 | 9 | 9 | 60 | 55 | +5 | 51 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 7th | | Sassari Torres | | 31 | 15 | 5 | 11 | 42 | 37 | +5 | 50 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 8th | | Taranto | | 32 | 15 | 3 | 14 | 48 | 51 | -3 | 48 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 9th | | Vittoria | | 32 | 10 | 13 | 9 | 37 | 34 | +3 | 43 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 10th | | Montevarchi | | 32 | 12 | 7 | 13 | 47 | 50 | -3 | 43 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 11th | | Acireale | | 32 | 11 | 7 | 14 | 50 | 58 | -8 | 40 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 12th | | Frosinone | | 32 | 10 | 10 | 12 | 46 | 44 | +2 | 40 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 13th | | Sambenedettese | | 31 | 10 | 7 | 14 | 51 | 56 | -5 | 37 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 14th | | Valenzana | | 32 | 10 | 7 | 15 | 43 | 53 | -10 | 37 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 15th | | Crotone | | 32 | 8 | 8 | 16 | 34 | 52 | -18 | 32 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 16th | Pl | Cavese | | 32 | 5 | 12 | 15 | 27 | 46 | -19 | 27 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 17th | Pl | Juve Stabia | | 32 | 8 | 3 | 21 | 37 | 64 | -27 | 27 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 18th | Pl | Potenza | | 31 | 7 | 5 | 19 | 36 | 64 | -28 | 26 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 07:50 AM   #29
Butter
Coordinator

Romania wins the World Cup, eh? Crazy.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:01 PM   #30
st.cronin
General Manager

May 1, Real Marcianise (5th place) @ Frosinone (12rh place)

--Perrotta---Perrotta----Panini--

Just two games left in the regular season, both away games. Vesapuisto posted a match rating of 5 last game, so he's a reserve today, and Perrotta is still filling in for Nic Esposito. Today's match goes well for us, as Piccolo, MoM scores two first half goals, and RM wins 3-1. The back line plays really well today; all four get either 8 or 9 rating.

May 8, Real Marcianise (3rd place) @ Cisco Roma (2nd place)

--Perrotta---Vesapuisto---Panini--

Last game of the regular season; depending on this and other games, we can finish anywhere from 2nd to 7th. Nic Esposito isn't back to full strength, so I move Vesapuisto up to MC, and make my tactics uber-defensive. The result is the 0-0 draw I was hoping for. We finish in fourth place, in the promotion playoff.

Code:
| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 1st | C | Bari | | 34 | 22 | 8 | 4 | 65 | 18 | +47 | 74 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 2nd | Pl | Cisco Roma | | 34 | 19 | 8 | 7 | 57 | 34 | +23 | 65 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 3rd | Pl | Arezzo | | 34 | 17 | 6 | 11 | 56 | 43 | +13 | 57 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 4th | Pl | Real Marcianise | | 34 | 16 | 9 | 9 | 63 | 48 | +15 | 57 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 5th | Pl | Martina | | 34 | 16 | 8 | 10 | 47 | 34 | +13 | 56 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 6th | | Massese | | 34 | 15 | 10 | 9 | 65 | 56 | +9 | 55 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 7th | | Sassari Torres | | 34 | 16 | 6 | 12 | 45 | 39 | +6 | 54 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 8th | | Taranto | | 34 | 16 | 3 | 15 | 50 | 54 | -4 | 51 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 9th | | Montevarchi | | 34 | 13 | 8 | 13 | 50 | 50 | 0 | 47 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 10th | | Vittoria | | 34 | 10 | 14 | 10 | 38 | 36 | +2 | 44 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 11th | | Sambenedettese | | 34 | 11 | 9 | 14 | 57 | 60 | -3 | 42 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 12th | | Acireale | | 34 | 11 | 8 | 15 | 51 | 62 | -11 | 41 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 13th | | Frosinone | | 34 | 10 | 11 | 13 | 47 | 47 | 0 | 41 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 14th | Pl | Valenzana | | 34 | 10 | 9 | 15 | 44 | 54 | -10 | 39 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 15th | Pl | Crotone | | 34 | 8 | 10 | 16 | 38 | 56 | -18 | 34 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 16th | Pl | Cavese | | 34 | 6 | 13 | 15 | 30 | 48 | -18 | 31 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 17th | Pl | Juve Stabia | | 34 | 8 | 4 | 22 | 37 | 67 | -30 | 28 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 18th | R | Potenza | | 34 | 7 | 6 | 21 | 38 | 72 | -34 | 27 | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 02:53 PM   #31
st.cronin
General Manager

May 22, Real Marcianise (4th place) vs. Arrezzo (3rd place) Serie C1/B Playoff Semi Final Leg 1

--Perrotta----Conte-----Panini---

We get home advantage first in this 2-part playoff. Arrezzo beat us twice this year, including a 2-5 clubbing in their stadium. It'll take some luck to get past them. Nic La Rocca earns the MoM, tying the game up in the 87th minute, and we only draw 1-1. I'm not optimistic about our chances for promotion.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 03:08 PM   #32
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Especially since you have to win the return leg, I think they break ties by who finished higher
Old 05-30-2006, 03:44 PM   #33
st.cronin
General Manager

May 29, Real Marcianise (4th place) vs. Arrezzo (3rd place) Serie C1/B Playoff Semi Final Leg 12

--Perrotta----Conte-----Panini---

I make sure to have all my best penalty kickers suited up, although Perrotta, my best, is out with an injury. Nic Esposito is not fully healthy. We need quite the miracle to pull through. Attendance is 13,123 - 3 times our record attendance! Panini, given a free role in what is largely a defensive set-up, collects a goal and an assist in the first half, and La Rocca scores his second in the 53rd minute, as we take a shocking 3-0 lead! Arrezo gives me a heart attack, though, scoring TWO goals in injury time, but RM wins 3-2, pulling through to the final 4-3 aggregate.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 03:45 PM   #34
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Especially since you have to win the return leg, I think they break ties by who finished higher

You're right, I just checked - I thought it went to penalties. Well, anyway, we're in the final. *phew*

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 05:08 PM   #35
st.cronin
General Manager

June 5, Real Marcianise (4th place) vs. Martina (5th place)

--Perrotta--N. Esposito---Panini---

We beat Martina 4-1 at home, and drew 1-1 on the road. Today, though, Martina controls the game, and RM loses 1-2, and the final score could have been much worse. We need to outscore them by a goal on their field to promote. I am, again, not optimistic.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 06:09 PM   #36
st.cronin
General Manager

June 12, Real Marcianise (4th place) @ Martina (5th place)

--Perrotta--N. Esposito---Panini---

Disgusted with what I'm seeing, I pull my centermen, Amita and Nic Esposito, in the 20th minute, and replace them with Vesapuisto and Conte. Things tighten up a bit after that, and La Rocca scores the only goal of the match. RM wins, 1-0. Aggregate score is 2-2, and by virtue of finishing higher, RM IS PROMOTED!

2 promotions in 2 years ... *swoon*

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 06:14 PM   #37
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Damn. Nice job!

When you think about it, the Italian system makes sense, it avoids the Russian Roulette of penalties..
Old 05-30-2006, 06:22 PM   #38
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Damn. Nice job!

When you think about it, the Italian system makes sense, it avoids the Russian Roulette of penalties..

It does have a certain logic to it. That was a heck of a season - I pretty much adjusted my tactics every game. Those playoffs, I never thought I had a chance.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 06:29 PM   #39
st.cronin
General Manager

Well, we're on our way to Serie B, the second league in Italy. I'm concerned about several areas: Left back Alexis Chauveau had just a so-so season, and his ratings don't suggest he'll be able to keep up with promotion. Nic Esposito, at AMC, is a similiar case, plus he seems injury prone. I have a couple of young players who might be able to step up, but nobody I'm really that high on. It's also possible/probable that striker Nic La Rocca, who was absolutely sensational in the last third of the season, will be gone.

knives out