Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-18-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A Catholic in Pagan Lands: Another CK Dynasty

Alright, after three failures as the Count of Suenik, I am moving to Lubeck. Lubeck is a Pagan land ruled by a Catholic. It's a one province minor power with no alliances and nobody's vassal.

I thought about trying as one of the counts in the Alania Duchy, running a pagan land just east of Georgia, but I thought that would be too similar ot the previous dynasties.

So, enter Lubeck.

Our ruler is 27 year old Budivoj Nakonid, with a 7/9/9/5 selection of stats and Vengeful, Proud, and Reckless as his traits.

We begin with a claim on Mecklemburg, both the county and the duchy, and Rostock.

I have no wife, no children, which is interesting. It means if I immediately marry into a family, my son will be the heir instead of my grandson. I have a 4 year old brother who is my current heir and in another's court. I am courtier-less, so some should be joining me in a few days.

Okay, let's look at Lubeck in terms of mapage

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:57 PM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here you are:

Lubeck is the tiny grey province at the base of Denmark. Mecklemburg, a five province pagan nation, is to our east. Then Pommerania, a three province pagan land. Note that either Germany or Denmark or Mecklemburg could eat us up if they wanted. We'll have to be careful. However, expansion along the Baltic pagan provinces is a good idea for an empire.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:14 PM   #3
Izulde
Head Coach

Honestly, pledge to Germany or Denmark or hell even Poland.

The Pommeranians are tougher than they look and they have a tendency to ally with Mecklemberg and vice versa.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:27 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our laws:

Semisalic Primogeniture. Again, I prefer Salic Primogeniture, but this is not bad.

Traditional Custom - I will again move to Feudal Contract.

Ecclestical Balance - The church means more here in the heart of the HRE than it might out in the middle of Islamic lands. I will stay with balance.

Well, since I;m not moving that, I will hop to Salic Primogeniture.

Next up is wife hunting. Ideally, I want a mate that can get me land.

Nearby areas:

Kalmar Lan has no wife, no children, nothing.

Finneveden has a wife, nothing else.

Dal has a wife, nothing more

None of the one province Swedish counties have an open opportunity. What about something bigger?

The King of Denmark has about 10 children. Nothing there.

Many of the nearby counts and dukes don't have any children. Give us a generation, and we might be able to snag something.

None of the nearby counts or dukes in Germany, Poland, Sweden or Denmark are vulnerable.

So, for now, I need a wife with great stats who is young and can have several children.

I find my ideal mate, but she's 20 and a duchess and the papal controller. She won;t come to my court and marry me. Her stats were 9/13/8/9/ - a perfect match.

Ironically, one of the best young steward courtiers is Mariam from Georgia, but I went that route before, so I'll stay away this time. Besides, what would I want with the crown of Georgia?

After much searching, I find a decent wife and make an offer.

On December 28, 1066 I am wed. I take the duty.

My new wife is Ermentrude de Macon, a 21 year old with 5/9/8/10 stats and deceitful trait. She is one of the 10 children of the Count of Besancon, and his oldest daughter.

My courtiers are three Von Rostock women. No one suitable to be my Marshal is in my court.

Jan 12 - The King of Hungary wants an alliance. That's a powerful ally. He's just too far away for me.

Jan 13 - My wife is already expecting.

Jan 16 - The count of Bascanon wants to marry his Marshal with my Spy Master. I agree, and hope that I get a replacement courtier who is male and can serve as my Marshal. Plus, he gave me his daughter, so its only right.

Jan 18 - I reject Navarra's alliance overtures.

I get my first event

Pagan Subjects are Resisting Their Subjugation

I choose to buy them off.

I get a 10% bonus to peasant loyalty in Lubeck.

Jan 24 0 Norway has sent a courtier with an alliance offer. Now this is closer than Hungary and Navarra. I take a look at the map. I intend to expand eastward, but Norway is west and North. I accept,

Norway is now our ally.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:44 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My hope is that Norway will keep Denmark/Sweden/Germany off our backs. Then we can look at the Mecklemburg/Pommerania allince. Right now, in our one province, we make 500 less troops than Pommerania does in all three of theirs. That's not bad, and it certainly doesn't scare me.

June 25, 1067 - The Emirate of Azerbaijan DOWs Suenik. Just in case you cared.

August 29, 1067 - Suenik pays all of their dough to Azerbaijan for peace.

October 19, 1067 - We have a son, and we named him Wladyslaw.

Nov 13 - I grant haven to a fleeing nobleman. Dobromil von Assel, a 19 year old with a martial score of 11 will be my new Marshal.

Nov 29 - Another event

Religious Tensions Are Rising in Your Realm

I Crush Them.

Lubeck is now Catholic

It is now looted (for the next while I get 90% less gold)

It is undergoing a revolt -50% to taxes and loyalty drops every month across the board.

December 2, 1067 0 Arable land is deserted and the prosperity of Lubeck is set to poor.

Dec 26 - We are expecting again.

Jan 1068 Our first year is done.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:58 PM   #6
sabotai
General Manager

I'll be reading. I bought CK and DV awhile back (along with Vichy, that expansion and HoI2D). I have played and really like CK, but I don't think I'm finished hiking up the learning curve yet (and yeah, I read through some of Izulde's dynasties as well).

The only thing I don't like is having to play in Europe but I understand that the game mechanics are centered around Medieval Europe. (I'd like to play as the Mongols, but oh well).
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:15 AM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It was a good year. We now have a son, a Marshal, and a Catholic province. Despite the revolt, arable land issue, and so forth, it was a good first year.

What comes next?

Jan 28 1068 - I get an event. Frequent Hunting Trips with a Neighbor. I chose to go hunting with the Bishop of Bremen. There was a 75% he would become my friend, but that didn;t happen.

Aug 4 -Our child was stillborn

I order Forestry built.

Dec 16 - I choose to raise my son myself.

Hold on a sec. My country isn;t Catholic. Hmm. That event must have been a chance of my province going Catholic, and I assumed that it had.

Anyway, looting and revolt are all gone. After another year or two, I may rebuild my troops to the level it needs to be to go offensive.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:16 AM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
I'll be reading. I bought CK and DV awhile back (along with Vichy, that expansion and HoI2D). I have played and really like CK, but I don't think I'm finished hiking up the learning curve yet (and yeah, I read through some of Izulde's dynasties as well).

The only thing I don't like is having to play in Europe but I understand that the game mechanics are centered around Medieval Europe. (I'd like to play as the Mongols, but oh well).

I know hwat you mean. I'd like to try to build a jewish nation from Ifil or a pagan one from Livonia, and so forth. Ah well.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:23 AM   #9
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Feb 17, 1069 - And then I get an event: Mass-Scale Conversions. My rules peity jumps 100 and Lubeck converts. I didn;t have ot go through th sword after all. Huh.

Dec 27 - 1069 - After a quiet year, I get news that my wife is expecting again.

Janu, 1070 - As of right now, I have just 100 less troops than the entire Pommerania. Our forces are growing (they took a hit while in rebellion). Two of their provinces are full and one more is almost so. I may be able to hit them soon.

Mecklemburg is different. I can summon almost 2000 troops, they can summon almost 4000.

The County of Suenik is at war with the Shiekdom of Albania They have captured Dwin.

May 1, Our troops are now bigger than Pommerania;s. By two men.

July 13 - The 8 province Ducky of Swabia declares independance from Germany, but she is contesting it.

Sept 24 - We have a daughter and name her Roza.

Oct - 25 - We learn the building of roads

Do I build another improvement or save my money for war? Hmm. I order a Fishing Wharf built.

Dec 29 - I have an event:

I Notice that my Wife Has Been Spending a Lot of Time with a Young Bachelor in my Court.

Of my four options, I choose "It's Probably Nothing"

Jan 1, 1071 - We are up to 2521 troops. Pommerania has 2214 total.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:57 AM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

At some point in time, Suenik gained Albania and is now a two province state. It also recently decided to join Byzantium.

Lasted longer and better with the computer controlling it that me. That's a real insult.

Apr 5 - Swabia lost and is reabsorbed into Germany.

May 2 - I get the hunting trips event again. The Bishop of Bremen is now a friend.

May 28 - We are again expecting children

Jan 1072 - Time to look around for a patsie, because this army is ready to attack

Old 01-19-2008, 03:38 AM   #11
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have 2977 men. Pommerania has 2285 total. Mecklemburg has 3472 total. I have an ally named Norway.

Time to strike. My plan is to DOW Mecklemburg and launch an attack with all of my forces concentrated in one spot. I only have 500 less men but its all in one location, as opposed to the 5 locations Mecklemburg has to draw upon . In theory, and I admit that it is a theory, I should break them in the first attack, and then take Mecklemburg, while occasionally fending off an attack.

Two Wild Cards: Pommerania could jump in and assist her ally. Norway could chose not to assist me.

You only live once.

Jan 9, 1072 - I declare war against Mecklemburg.

Norway joins us. Pommerania does not.

My army is ordered to Mecklemburg.

Mecklemburg has 1170 troops. My hope is I can break them before reinforcements arrive.

Jan 19 - Battle is joined.

Feb 5 - We lose 464 men, they lose over 750 but we lost the battle and are retreating to Lubeck

Feb 20 - I lose in battle and chose to march my troops through Hamburg into Mecklemburg.

Mar 7 - We have a son and name him Pawel

March 15 - The Mecklemburg army, at 1587 is besieging Lubeck. My 2389 troops are doing likewise to Mecklemburg. If it looks like they win first, because they have been at it for a month, I'll send my army in at them. My home is that I win much sooner than they. We'll see.

June 12 - 388 men from Rugen, a vassal of Mecklemburg attack us

June 14 - The Norweigan armies lands at Rostock and begin a siege.

June 19 - We defeat the Rugan armies

June 25 - We capture Mecklemburg.

I get a white peace offer. I send my own with me being given Mecklemburg

I order my troops into Lubeck to hold up and possibly raise teh siege there.

I accept a white peace with Wolgast, the other vassal.

July 9 - We arrive back in Lubeck and are ready to hopefully, raise the siege.

July 17 - After a few days of battle, Lubeck accepts our peace proposal. We know have Mecklemburg added to our county.

Aug 28 - Mecklemburg lifts the Norweigan siege at Rostock.

Dec 1 - I choose to raise my son at the court.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:39 AM   #12
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Jan 1, 1073 - A new year. We apparently are no longer Norway’s ally. Probably when we decalred peace.

On Jan 2, Norway offers us a Peace Treaty. AND they DOW us. That’s just silly. SO I accept the alliance and am now allied with the people attacking us. That’s just wrong.

January 26 - After defeating a Norweigan army in Mecklemburg, I send a white peace offer to our ally/enemy. They have sent a rejection today.

The game says that I am their ally, but now have new allies. It’s all weird. I’ll try to play through this, but if it goes down, I’m reloading, and I’m sure you can understand that.

April 10 - They decline another offer. Here come 1000 troops. Are they for me or Mecklemburg?

April 27 - They land in Rostock

Old 01-19-2008, 03:40 AM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Feb 22, 1076 - Norway accepted our alliance offer.

Let me get you caught up.

I went ahead and simmed the next few years without taking notes just in case

We are now at peace with Norway. We are once again allies. We have captured Werle and Rostock and Rugen from Mecklemburg. We are also now the Duke of Mecklemburg, and the Chief of Wolgart is now our vassal, since that transfers with the title. We also took a lot of gold from Mecklemburg, but it wasn‘t enough. I still have around -75 gold.

Our ruler was injured, then healed with a miracle worker.

Several of our kids got traits.

I gained a rival in the count of Rugen. Then He was removed from power and he is floating among courts right now.

One of our daughters is sick then became blind

There is a rebellion in Mecklemburg province. It is also currently looted. The rebellion was from an event regarding Pagan Religions Ceremony that I chose to deny my people. The looting came from war. All of my provinces save Lubeck are Pagan. For part of the war, I was allied with Pommerania, then they left, and post war, Norway came back to me.

And that catches you up.

Again, the game engine broke on me, but we plowed through it. I hope you understand me not giving you every detail and play by play during the possible years that I might reload.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:43 AM   #14
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Honestly, pledge to Germany or Denmark or hell even Poland.

The Pommeranians are tougher than they look and they have a tendency to ally with Mecklemberg and vice versa.

The Pommeranians look like patsies and the Norweigan alliance was enough, I thought.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:44 PM   #15
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Once I had captured Mecklemburg province, it was a dagger into their heart. We took their best province. It made the most money, and it had the most troops. Subtract around 1500 from their total of troops )bringing them to 2500 in four provinces) and add it our ours (bring us to around 4500) and the second war wasn't even close.

Once we captured Mecklemburg, we are in the game for real. I had to lose 100 prestige for DOWs the Duchy again, however, now that I have all five of their provinces I'm set. I'm over the hump, so to speak. Will there still be problems? Sure. Can we still get raped by the Germans, Swedish, Polish, Danish, Norwiegans and later the Mongols? Of course. For now, however, we are alright.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:37 AM   #16
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I have reloaded my game as the Duke of Mecklemburg.

I want to give Rugen to one of my courtiers as a county, but the only extra courtier I have is pagan, and that's not a good combo.

My new provinces. All are pagan and Western Slavic:

Mecklemburg - This is now our capital. It is a pretty good province as soon as it returns from rebellion and looting. It is southeast of Lubeck, and adjacent to Werle, Rostock, Lubeck, Hamburg, and to Luneburg, Altmark by crossing the Elbe River.

Rostock - This pagan province currently has a thieves guild cutting into our taxes. It is on the tip of the land, adjacent to only Mecklemburg and Werle.

Werle - This province is east of Mecklemburg. It may be wealthier than Rostock. It is next to Mecklemburg, Rostock, Wolgast, and Brandenburg.

Wolgast - Currently in the hands of a pagan count, which is something we'll have to deal with eventually, This is poorer than all of our non=Rugen province, making it a good choice for a county. It is east of Werle, and next to Brandenburg and east across the Oder is the Pommerania capital of Stettin.

Rugen, an island just off the coast of Werle, Rugen is the poorest province we have. As an island, it is not adjacent to any provinces.

Next up, when we have stabilized, is an attack on Pommerania.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:08 AM   #17
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

March 22, 1076 - Our rival has ended up with the Tribe of Kajanborg, on the Finnish west coast.

Sweden has been gobbling up the one province states like Dal, Kalmar Lan, and Halsingland.

Pommerania has joined the Tribe of Yatvigs, in order to secure their defense. I may just jump past them and hit the Baltic states. Or I may systematically wipe them out.

May 10 - My wife is expecting.

July 23 - The Bishop of Altmark is now a friend. Both of my friends are 66 years old.

August 26, 1076 - Deus Vult. The Calls us to arms.

Nov 5 - I got lazy as a trait after choosing not to pursue the enemy of my friend as an enemy.

Dec 21 - Werle is upset because I am apparently defiling the holy lands of my pagan subjects. I choose to honor their pagan shrine. Clergy power drops and peasant power rises. I lose some piety.

Jan 28 - 1077 - We gain a friend in the count of Oldenburg. This is funny because my second grand campaign in EU2 was Oldenburg. This was triggered by a Friend of my Friend event.

Feb 5 - We have a daughter and name her Halina.

Feb 8 - The Duchy of Saxony declares indepedance and is now at war with Germany. An opening?

Luneburg is a province owned by Saxony.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:15 AM   #18
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Go to war to take Luneburg, or just stay on the sidelines?

The plan would be to claim Luneburg, then DOW, hit hard and fast, then peace for Luneburg.

I hadn't planned on taking it, but when opportunity comes along, one should seize it. It'd nice to have a Catholic province too.

On the other hand, I feel like I need to focus on the prize, which is plucking the pagans before other Christians beat me to the punch. Already Poland is at war with Yatvigs and Denmark took Eastern Sames.

So no war against Saxony.

Old 01-20-2008, 04:02 AM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

March 1 - However, with Yatviags focused on Poland, this is an opportunity to pluck some pagans. I order my Lubeck army militarized and move it to Wolgast for an attack on Stettin.

March 5 - The Yatviags come to peace terms with Poland.

I disband my forces

Aug 20 - I get religious tensions in Rostock event. I choose to fight them with the sword. Rostock is now Catholic (I checked) looted and rebelling.

Aug 25 - The Thieves Guild in Rostock has been disbanded.

The County of Suenik declared independance from Byzantium and it at war with them.

Suenik and Nubia are allies.

Byzantium has been hemmoraging provinces, but not many to the turks. To in dependence. I count 24 provinces that began the game under Byzantine rule that are now independent.

Dec 23 - I get an event - A talented knight offers to teach my child if paid enough. I offer a year's income and a place in my court. My heir's martial skill increases by one.

Dec 29 - Religious tension in Rugen, which I don't even care about. I choose teh sword again. Rugen becomes Catholic. They are looted but NOT rebelling.

The knight courtier we got is Dobromil von Rostock, a 14 martial guy with an age of 15. I give my current Marshal Rugen, and wait for Dobromil to age to become my Marshal. In the mean time, I have a good pagan to be a temp.

My rival has died.

July 17, 1078 - Another holy place objection, in Werle. I choose the same - make nice.

Oct 15 - I get an event. the Pope is upset that my current Marshal is Pagan. I choose to force convert him. He gained stressed, its pissed off at me, is now Catholic.

Oct 19 - My Marshal runs away to another court.

Germany keeps hemmorging people as well.

Dec 22 - I get the hunting trips event again. We are now friends with the Duke of Brandenburg.

Jan 1079

Old 01-20-2008, 04:40 AM   #20
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Jan 11, 1079 - Our daughter, Roza, became ill.

Mar 1, 1079 - I declare war against the Tribe of Curonian. They are a pagan Tribe in the Baltic area currently without an ally after their previous ally was just taken by Kiev.

I order Lubeck troops built.

I have some money saved over the past few years. Time to use it.

Jul 16 - Our troops arrive in Kurs and begin a siege.

Sept 23 - Their forces arrive in Kurs and attack our siege

Sept 26 - Around 800 of their troops have sailed to Wolgast.

Oct 1 - Roza lost her illness.

Oct 5 - We defeat the forces in Kurs

Oct 9 - We capture Kurs. I DOW their vassal and order my troops in.

Nov 1 - We arrive in Memel.

Nov 2 - We drive away the exhausted forces and begin our siege.

Nov 22 - I decline a peace for a hundred and fifty or so gold.

Nov 25 - I get an event. Difficult to control a province when you are so far away. Werle gets looted revolting, and massive loyalty drops.

Jan 24, 1080 - I got an event that made me merciful after I chose not to burn down a building in Kurs.

Jan 26 - Memel falls. We take Memel and 54 gold.

We take Kurs and 112 gold.

I disband my armies.

Feb 10 - I have fallen in love with my wife. We are now friends.

Alright maptime

Old 01-20-2008, 06:29 AM   #21
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here is the new Map:

I have Germany's King on the left, you can see all of the people he is at war with. His country is splintered. Germany needs to reform, because frankly, the best weapon against the Mongols is a strong, united Holy Roman Empire. Right now, it's a morass of duchies, bishoprics, and counties all declaring independence.

We may pick off a few provinces here and there, but for now, it's all pagans, just gobbling up their land.

I took Kurs and Memel, not just because they are open, but to give me a launching pad into the rest of the Baltic, and give me the ability to catch Yatviags in a two front war in the future. Also, they are solid provinces, and again, I had a window.

Like I said, I can use these two provinces to gobble up some of the smaller provinces here. I'd love to have the Baltic states completely under my control.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:05 AM   #22
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

May 14, 1080 - I give away Werle to a count, making this my third vassal.

Ideally, We will be stabilizing for a little while.

Why is Germany Crumbling? The King was Excommunicated, the realm is under stress, he's rolling with a -211 prestige and -122 piety. No one wants to be under him. The Duchy of Brandenburg just went independent. He has seven remaining vassals, and two are at 0 loyalty.

Jul 19, I don’t want another war this soon, my BB will creep up. However, the Tribe of Lettigalians was DOWd by Kiev, and I need to stop them before they keep expanding. I order troops ready.

Jul 30 - We get insulted by a tourney by the Duke of Saxony. I demand compensation. We get a claim on Saxony. We are now enemies.

Now I am in an interesting spot. Keep going after Lettigalians, or turn around and fight the Duke of Saxony?

We keep going, but wow.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:07 AM   #23
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oct 6 - I DOW Lettigalians. Norway does not join us.

Oct 26 - Our forces arrive in Zemigalians and begin the first battle.

Nov 9 = We have won. The siege has begun. Now, do I DOW Osel, their vassal, and attack as well?

Jan 11, 1081 - They have opened the door for us to take Osel by removing their vassalage.

Feb 2 - Zemigalians falls

April 5 - The siege of Osel begins

Sept 4 - The clergy in Mecklemburg want to convert the heathens. I support their efforts. Mecklemburg is now Catholic.

Sep 9 - Osel falls. I take it and Zeligalians from the Lettigalians.

I was not prepared for this war. We are now in negative gold. Still, I have two new provinces, all sparkly and shiny.

Let’s look at our Baltic States:

Kurs - Captured in the first war, It is a province with a decent enough tax bracket and a Few advancements. It is on the corner or the land, and thus is only adjacent to Memel and Zemigalians. The people here are Lettigallish

Memel - South of Kurs along the coast is Memel, the best of these four provinces in tax base. It is right in the middle of things, and the people here are Lettigallish. It is currently experiencing prosperity. It is next to Kurs, Zeligalians, Zhmud, Sambia and Scalova.

During the war, The Principality of Galicia inherited by Byzantium.

Osel - This island provine is just off the coast of Kurs. The people here are Ugric Baltic and the province is currently rich. The tax base is alright, but not great or anything.

Zemigalians - This province is east of Kurs and Northeast of Memel. The people here are Lettigallish. It is next to Kurs, Memel, Litigations (Byzantine), West Dvina (Byzantine), Zhmud, and Aukshayts.

By taking Zemigalians, I hope to stop the advance of Christians in the Baltic area. This was a war of ambition, not of need. I would like to take out the adjacent three province Tribe of Lithuanians, three province Tribe of Livonia, the one province Tribe of Estonia, the one province Tribe of Pruthenians and start with the Yatviags.

Saxony pledged alliance to Sweden during the war.

The Holy Roman Emperor/King of Germany died, leaving behind a son with three vassals. Germany is now at peace, at least. They lost all of their claims.

Europe is now a disorganized mess.

You could carve a mighty empire out of this, but we have too high of a BB right now, and negative gold, so its cool down time for us.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:11 PM   #24
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

September 16, I get the following event:

The Teutonic Order seizes our land. I can choose God’s Will, which amps up my piety, or They Have no Need of Castles, which drops our piety and gives me a 33& chance of becoming a heretic.

I have many questions that are unanswered by this event. Would the created Teutonic Order be our vassal?

I choose: They Have No Need of Castles. My piety drops by 50. I did not gain heretic however.

I hand Osel to one of my pagan courtiers.

Nov 19 - While fighting rebels in Werle, my duke was wounded.

The County of Suenik is still at war with Byzantium

Brandenburg is now a part of Scotland. Bavaria is part of Poland. It seems like the major duchies are aligning themselves with non-German powers.

Jan 21, 1083 - After a quiet year and a half, I get an event - The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend. I agree, and the Duke of Thurigen is now my friend.

Feb 10, 1083 - The County of Suenik has been annexed by the Emir of Medina. There they go. They lasted a lot longer than me.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:20 PM   #25
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

a new united germany eventually?
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:30 PM   #26
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mar 23 - My eldest daughter, Roza, the blind one, gained indulgent and gregarious in the same event.

Apr 30 - I get an event to Convert Kurs by the sword. I choose to do so. It is now Catholic, looted, and in rebellion.

May 5- Norway has declared war on the County of Shetland. I join their call to arms. I don’t care about them. I just want to keep my ally.

Jul 30 - I get an event - Deal with Popular Revolt in Kurs. I choose to give in to demands. The rebellion ceases, and I lose some prestige.

Aug 4 - The Pope calls for peace in our war. I agree. I never had any desire to wage war against Shetland.

Aug 10 - Our Duke gained illness.

Oct 14 - Kurs is no longer looted.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:31 PM   #27
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
a new united germany eventually?

Not my intent right now. I'm focusing on Baltic expansion. Consider me a combination of the Livonian Order, Teutonic Order, Lithuania, and Mecklemburg gold. Hopefully.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:31 PM   #28
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oct 20 - My son is 16. Time to find a wife.

His stats right now, and he hasn’t come out of his Court Education yet, are 9/8/5/10, and he is just, modest, and trusting.

I start with the obvious rulers. King of Denmark? Wow he has three prodigies among his six kids. Germany’s king is actually a Bishop.

The Duke of Brandenburg has just one daughter but he’s 18, plenty of time for more kids. Plus she’s one.

I check some other Polish Duchies nearby. Mazovia, no dice. None of the nearby Byzantine holdings are vulnerable either.

The first thing close to a hit I find, after looking a lot of places, is the Duchy of Smaland, in Sweden, but he has a 25 year old wife that could still pop out some heirs. He has one 4 year old son, and a 13 year old daughter, able to be married in two years. I need something better than that. He has an intestinal wurm and is severely wounded, so he could die quickly and not have time for heirs. And it is semisolid.

A slightly better option is the Country of Braunschweig, with one son at six and a girl at 15. The girls stats are good, making her a good choice for a wife. His wife is dead and he’s 55. It’s just a county, but it is at least a decent one. I’d prefer to wage war against the Duke of Saxony eventually and take his title, along with his vassals, and gain Braunschweig. If there are any better options, that will be the way I go.

There is a third option, now that I look closer. The Duke of Sjalland, which is just one province big, has two loving sons, so I dismissed him at first. Open closer inspection, one is a bastard. The other is 15. He has a 14 year old daughter, He’s 49 and his wife is 38 - a perfect age for her. It’ll likely be decades before she dies, so little chance at remarriage, and she’s unlikely to have any other children at this age (I once had a wife who got pregnant at 43, but that’s rate). Sjalland is close and a great province. I’d still have to wait two years for his daughter.

It’s just 38 gold to try and whack the Duke of Sjalland’s only male heir. 30 gold for the Country of Braunschweig, and 64 for Smaland’s.

Looks like Sjalland is in two years, and has a decent chance of hitting, but by then, the male might be harder to kill, have his own wife, and she might already be pregnant.

Instead, I am going to wait on Braunschweig. The daughter there is really, really good as a wife, to help get my dynasty started. On the other hand, the Sjalland’ daughter is acceptable, but not nearly as good.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:36 PM   #29
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dec 11 -

We would like to announce the Marriage of

Wladysaw Nakonid, Heir to the Duke of Mecklemburg

and

Irmeltrud von Rheinfelden, Daughter of the Count of Braunschweig

Irmeltrud's stats:

Told you she was good

Suspicious, Prodigy, Has not yet finished her Ecclesiastical Education.

As a wedding present, I present my son with the Count of Rostock title. He leaves our court for great things. He will be back upon my death.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-21-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:51 PM   #30
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Janu 12, 1084 - A Thieves Guild formed in Zemigalians

Janu 19 - I get an event - The Clergy Strongly Endorse Your Crusade to the Holy Land.

I can:

Deus Vult! I gain 2700 west Slavic men, maybe an extra 1400. I get the Crusader and Zealous traits.

I Thank You but I Prefer Your Gold Instead: Lose Crusader and Zealous, Piety drops 40, Gold increases 150, a small chance of getting an extra 336 gold.

The only person we are at war with in Shetland.

Now, normally, I’d take the gold. However, I have been spending the past few years quietly brining my gold reserves back up and rebuilding my reputation. I’d wanted to wait another year or two, but 2700 guaranteed extra troops is simply tasty. Time to attack the Yatviags.

Deus Vult!

Old 01-21-2008, 06:52 PM   #31
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I order my Marshal to take 780 men from Mecklenburg and march to Wolgast. I organize my troops in the Baltic region and order them to Memel. When war begins I’ll dispatch the Lubeck squad to the middle of Yatviag territory.

Feb 9 - I declare war on Pommerania. My hope is that the Yatviags will join us, and Norway will not. Whether or not their one province ally also joins is of no consequence to me.

Exactly as I planned occurred. No Norway, none of their ally either.

This won’t be easy. But it should be fun.

I order the troops from Wolgast into Stettin. I grab 400 troops from Wolgast first.

I DOW Scalova, a vassal of Yatviags. Then I order my Memel troops into Scalova. I’ll leave Lubeck back as reinforcement.

I have around 275 gold right now, let’s see how far I can spin it.

Feb 28 - Troops from Memel arrive in Scalova.

Mar 5 - Troops from Wolgast arrive in Stettin.

Mar 18 - We win in Stettin and begin the siege.

Mar 21 - We win in Scalovia and begin the siege.

Mar 28 - I have gotten peace offers from Scalova and Pommerania, both offering gold. I decline both.

Apr 24 - Yatviags protest our presence in Scalovia

May 12 - We win and the siege continues. We almost lost, and we did lose a lot of men. We could fall if there is another determined push on the eastern flank.

May 14 - Stettin falls. I order our men to Slupsk.

May 18 - Pommerania comes calling with an offer to give us Stettin and a whole bunch of gold. I decline. I‘m in this for more than one province from the pagans.

June 4 - We arrive in Slupsk and attack the forces arrayed here.

June 8 - After defeating the remaining forces in Slupsk, we begin the siege.

June 25 - The forces we defeated on the Eastern Flank again assault our position in Scalovia.

July 2 - We send them home.

Aug 2 - A Thieves Guild is formed in Kurs.

Aug 9 - Slupsk falls. I force Pommerania to give me her two provinces, Stettin and Slupsk. She agrees.

Now, we are still at war with Yatviags and their vassal, Scalovia. I DOW adjacent Danzig and move in.

Aug 19 - We arrive in Danzig and assault the defensive forces.

Sept 12 - After a tough battle against four armies, we win in Danzig. Siege begins.

Sept 15 - We capture Scalovia. I send my forces her to the Vatviags capital.

Im in negative gold, so I need to finish this up.

Oct 6 - We arrive in Yatvyagi and begin an attack against the two armies here.

Oct 8 - A miracle workers come to heal me, but I don’t have enough money, so I put my trust in God. Trust is returned. The Duke has lost his illness.

Oct 27 - We win in Yatvyagi. The siege has begun,

Dec 23 - After a few small battles in which small pagan forces try to drive us out, I get news that a Small Pox epidemic has broken out in Kurs.

Jan 12, 1085 - The pope has died. Hungary is the new papal controller

Jan 17, 1085 - I accept white peace with Shetland.

Jan 18 - Danzig falls. I take it in peace. I also take Scalovia.

I get a little money bump from Scalovia, which must have had a stash somewhere, I got nothing from Danzig. As my armies take damage, my upkeep lessens, and I get money from these new provinces to countermand that. Thus the war is getting cheaper.

Okay, I have just 1800 men left on the western flank when I began with 3800. That’s enough to keep sieging, but not quickly. I can DOW an adjacent vassal, like Marienburg or Chelminskie. Or I could just diband the army.

In The capital, I have just 1031 troops left seiging, from an initial army size of around 2700, agains a significant drop. Yatviags is down to four provinces. But they only have their capital in their desmense, so I have to actually DOW and attack the other three.

Marianburg is a very wealthy province.

I give away Stettin and Slupsk to a courtier.

I DOW Marianburg and order my forces in.

Feb 12 - The Siege of Marianburg has begun

Mar 16 - The last remaining army of size, 888 men, has arrived int heir captial to protest my sieging forces.

I mobilize 294 troops in Scalovia and order them to Vatyagi.

March 24 - We win in Vatyagi.

This is going on too long, our treasury is taking a major hit.

May 4 - Prosperity in Memel is set to normal after Poor Seed Selection hit us.

June 18 - Marianburg falls. We grab it in peace negotiations. We grab a little gold and Marianburg.

July 14 - Vatyagi finally falls. I grab it and go to peace.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:52 PM   #32
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I disband my armies.

I wanted to grab the other two provinces,, and I could have, but I didn’t think the monetary hit to keep going was worth it for now. We are at -382 gold after peace. I had to sell a forestry, but I gained six provinces.

I came one province away from capturing a land route between our provinces. Next time, next time.

July 24, while waiting for the map to change before I give you another map, I gained a rival, the Bishop of Altmark.

Because I am a crusader during a crusade, my prestige jumped to record levels for me: 1453 prestige!

I have to give away some provinces, but I don’t have anyone extra in my court.

I give Pawel, my 13 year old son, Vatyagi and Scalovia. I give the county of Mecklemburg to my firstborn son.

That leaves, for our personal desmense, Lubeck, Danzig, Marienburg, Memel, Kurs, and Zemigalians.

Our reputation is very bad, and we have -382 gold. It might be a while before we wage war again.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:05 PM   #33
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In 21 years we have taken a lot of provinces, and now our BB is catching up with us. Time to cool off and calm down.

Let’s look at our six new provinces:

All are pagan

Stettin, East of Wolgast, and West of Slupsk, Stettin is a mildly wealthy, leaning towards average. The people here are Western Slavic. It’s adjacent to Brandenburg and Liubusz in addition to my two provines.

Slupsk - Taken because it was there. I need it to be my land connection between my own holdings. East of Stettin and west of Danzig it also borders Lubusz and Gnieznienskie. It’s currently undergoing a rebellion if 188 people. They are Western Slavic here.

Danzig - One of the pearls of the war, Danzig is a solid province commercially and militarily of Western Slavs. It is across the Wisla river to the west of Marienburg, and east of Slupsk. It is adjacent to Gnieznienskie and Chelminskie as well.

Marienburg - Of those we captured, this is the wealthiest. The Prussian people here have a lot of buildings already built, adding to its value. East of Danzig, this is the eastern end of our western holdings, although just one province separates her with the east holdings. She is also adjacent to both remaining Yatviag provinces in Chelminskie and Galindia, plus the province of Sambia.

Scalovia - South and inland of Memel, Scalovia was our first landlocked province, although not our last. The Prussians here are of adequate wealth, and I gave it away to a count so that I had less provinces to rule, thus increasing my percent wealth from each. It is north of Vatyagi, east ot Galinda and Sambia, and west of Zhmud and Sudovia.

Vatyagi - Taken only because I had to, this double landlocked province is a bit too deep into the mainland for my taste. It was among the poorest of those I captured too, and I was happy to hand it off to one of my vassals. The Prussians here are southeast of Galinda, north of Plock and north west to Podlasie (Byzantine) and southwest of Sudovia.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:13 PM   #34
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here is the new map:

I put the province of Marienburg up, so you can see it on the left. It's the best province in my territory. You can also see my prestige and money.

In other news, those provinces which have stars by them designate Scandinavian provinces currently under rebellion.

Time to cool off.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:48 PM   #35
Tellistto
College Prospect

Very nice progress. Just wanted to let you know that you had another reader in me. Keep it up!

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:30 PM   #36
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
Very nice progress. Just wanted to let you know that you had another reader in me. Keep it up!

Tell

Thanks!

Old 01-22-2008, 11:01 PM   #37
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oct 25 - I have an event - Popular Revolt in Zemigalians. I choose to Give in To Demands. I loose a little bit of prestige. The rebellion in Zeligalians is over.

My son has had a son, Zbigniew Nakonid

When I have a chance, I need to send an assassin to take out the heir of the County of Braunschweig.

Feb 4, 1086 -Norway DOWs the Tribe of Kajanborg in Finland. I agree to join but have intention of moving my troops there.

I send my second daughter, Halina, to one of my counts whom is losing loyalty as a sign of trust between us.

April 1, 1086 - Okay, I am hemmorging loyalty from the Count of Werle at the rate of 3.6 percent per month. I’m already down to 29.4%. The count of Stettin and Slupsk is at -1.4% per month and 51.9 right now. The only other vassal who has a problem with me is the Count of Rugen at -0.8% per month and 83.7 right now. My other vassals are fine with me.

Options. I could try to divest the count of Werle from his title. It’s unlikely that he’d agree. Normally, I could give him money and temporarily make friends. I thought maybe sending my daughter would work, and it didn‘t I am bereft of gold.

Not many other options around.

I could pull a Machiavelli. Commit suicide and let my son take over, with more loyalty. For now, I’d prefer to steer clear of such drastic actions.

However, if I send a messenger to the Count, then all of my vassals have their loyalty drop by 25%. That’s the way to start a civil war.

Thus only the Machiavelli option is left.

However, I have 425 piety and thus our badboy drops more quickly with us at the helm than it would with our son here. Thus, we will stay here a few more months.

May 30 - I get a Popular Revolt event again for Danzig. I choose to gibe in, loosing the rebellion there and a bit of prestige.

June 1, 1086 - These actions will increase our BB a bit.

I grab the following titles:

Duke of Brandenburg
Duke of Polotsk

I then commit suicide.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:03 PM   #38
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our New Duke of Mecklemburg:

Wladyslaw Nakonid, age 18

Piety 24 and Prestige 89

His gold as count was added to our coffers and helps the treasury significantly.

9/9/8/10 rating.

Our court has expanded significantly.

The disloyal counts like him much better.

Our badboy decreases.

Wladyslaw is Just, Modest and Trusting

He is an Intricate Webweaver

He has real courtiers, and as such, can make some new counts.

The following Counties are given to courtiers:

Rostock is made into a Bishopric
Countess of Mecklemburg
Countess of Memel

That should help our Duchy a lot.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:21 PM   #39
Izulde
Head Coach

You F10'ed?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:15 AM   #40
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
You F10'ed?

F12d, yeah. This game doesn;t need the other cheats, but it needs the death cheat. I'm always pruning my court by offing that 45 year old 0/1/2/0 courter who is blind and a bastard. I also firmly believe that a ruler should be able to commit suicide, but I have to assassinate family, good courtiers, etc.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:15 AM   #41
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Denmark just took the pagan provinces in Finland that we were at war with.

Nov 26 - I choose to raise my child myself.

The new Duke gets a lot more money per month due to good Stewardship, and we are quickly getting out of this financial hole.

May 1, 1087 - We are now out of debt.

May 13 - I choose to deny the peasants in Marienburg their pagan feast and they begin a rebellion.

Aug 29 - I get an event: My Wife is Spending a Lot of Time with a Young Man. I choose it’s probably nothing, and nothing much happens.

Oct 18 - I order a library built in Danzig.

Oct 20 - Two days later, I get an event about Religious Tensions in Danzig. I choose to crush them. Danzig is now Catholic, looted and in revolt.

Dec 17 - I get an event - Revolting Peasants in Danzig are starving and return to fields. I send money to help them with the food. Looting and rebellion are both gone, our piety jumps, but our treasury is back to negative (albeit negative 6). I now have a Danzig fresh with no problems, prosperous wealth, and Catholic.

I have a prestige is just 51, but a piety of 253.

Feb 2, 1088 - While I am thinking about it, I send an assassin to off the only male son of the Count of Braunschweig.

It succeeded but we were discovered.

Our son is now next in line. Our badboy raised by one for us being discovered. Our piety and prestige each plummet 100, giving us negative prestige.

March 12 - My brother, the Count of Yatvyagi and Scalovia wants to marry one of my courtiers. I agree. My brother is also my only friend.

April 9 - I get an event - A vassal is pleased with our rule.

Sweden is losing vassals at a steady rate. It is grabbing most of them back in its wars.

June 19 - I forgot to renew our alliance with Norway upon my ascension to the throne, because we were aligned with the County of Werle. We are alliance less since we are aligned with our own vassal. That’s just dumb. Who is un aligned?

I can’t find a way to divest myself of my current ally. Ah well.

My Bishop of Rostock just had a bastard child…

Old 01-23-2008, 01:16 AM   #42
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

August 6 - Since I need prestige, I create the title Duke of Pommerania for us. This costs us 100 gold, raises our prestige by 100, and increases the amount of prestige we get monthly.

August 19 - I finally get a notice I‘ve been waiting for. My wife is pregnant. With only one child, I want more issue.

Sept 22 - The Republic of Gotland has won its independence from Sweden. I’d be happy to absorb it at some time in the future. Its pretty wealthy.

October 7 -- Sad news. I have lost my friend, my brother.

Oct 22 - I get an event - My Nonconfrontational Personality has hade my Peers Question My Claims.

My choices are to lose my claim on the Duke of Saxony, gain two badboy, or spend 100 prestige for just a 25% chance of losing my claim. I choose to spend the gold.

We keep our claim.

This has been a month of bad news,

Dec 19 - Norway has declared war against Sweden.

Jan 1, 1089 - I order a Fishing Wharf in Kurs

April 21 - I order men to Osel to put down a rebellion.

May 4 - My wife gave birth to a stillborn child.

May 16 - We put down the rebellion

June 6 - 600 rebels in Marienburg begin an assault on the town. I order troops assembled.

June 21 - The rebels are put down.

July 1 - The Chiefdom of Sudovia and the Tribe of Lithuanians have attacked my vassals, the County of Memel. I order our troop mobilized and join forces with my vassal.

The next war has begun.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:17 AM   #43
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have just 168 gold, but they are just three provinces. Think I can handle them?

I order troops mobilized in Kurs, Zemigalians, Scalovia, and Yatvyagi

I have about 3500 troops here under my command, plus another 1000 Memel troops. The Lithuanians have around 6500. That’s bad math for me.

I organize Marienburg and order them to Memel.

Werle joined us as an ally, btw.

The Lubeck army is around 4000, and I don’t have the coffers for that.

I order my northern troops into Zemigalians and the southern troops into Scalovia and then to Memel.

I grab the 400 troops in Osel as a quick backup.

July 21 - Our Kurs forces arrive in Zemigalians.

I order some troops into Zhmud, expecting their forces to vacate before we arrive.

July 25 - 4413 men arrive in Zemigalains and assault our 2239 men. We are on defense, and have a better general by far, but it’s not looking good for the home team.

Aug 2 - We lose in Zemigalians and our forces are heading to Memel to regroup.

They begin to siege.

Aug 11 - I decline a peace offer from Lithuanians for all of our gold.

Aug 16 - 1000 of our troops, along with the 1000 Memel forces arrive in Zhmud and being to besiege.

Werle is out of the war after paying a bunch of money.

Sept 8 - The Pope has died. Hungary is the new Papal Controller

Sept 15 - Our Osel forces arrive in Memel to bolster the fleeing army.

We are still waiting for the arrival of the Marienburg forces.

Sept 19 - Zemigalians has been captured by the Lithunians.

Sept 22 - I declien their peace offer of our captured province and gold.

The County of Sudovia DOWd Yatvyagi and is beginning a siege there.

I order my 1400 Danzig forces mobilized. I sent them across the Baltic

Our gold is diminishing.

Oct 10 - They arrive in Memel.

Oct 15 - We have captured Zhmud. I order my besieging force to Memel.

Oct 19 - After two of our three armies in Memel has fled, the 2000 fresh troops from marienburg arrive and drive away the Lithuanians.

I order my army into Zemigalians.

I send my besieging army to Sudovia.

Nov 10 - We arrive in Zemigalians as do the opposing forces. Battle is joined.

Nov 16 - We defeat them.

Nov 22 - The Lithuanians offer us a way out of this war - 555 gold! That’s crazy money. Now that I know they have that much, I;m willing to push this war, knowing I may make some splash at the end.

Dec 14 - The County of Sudovia just offered us 491 gold, so these guys have much money.

Jan 17 - 1090 - We recapture Zemigalians. I order my forces to Zhmud to relieve the siege there of the remaining Lithuanian troops.

Joining us will be the Danzig forces which have just arrived.

Feb 6 - We drive away the forces from Zhmud. I order some of our troops to Sudovia and others to their capital.

Feb 23 - Our forces arrive. Those in Sudovia are attacked by the 1000 Sudovian troops here.

We win in Segovia a few days later and initiate a siege.

April 19 - Sudovia falls. We get 453 gold and the province in peace.

I disband those three armies.

I’m now only losing 2 gold a mnth to army upkeep with my remaining army of around 2000 soliders.

May 27 - We capture the province of Aukshayts. I take both provinces plus 140 gold in peace.

I disband my armies. I hadn’t planned on taking land this soon after the previous war (five years ago) but they DOWd us, which means taking their lands, while still bad, isn’t as bad. Plus, I made money on the war, so that‘s nice.

Zhmud and Aukshayts are downright gold mines, and Sudovia ain;t bad herself.

I order a Forestry in Zemigalians and a Tile Factory in Danzig with my blood money.

I create the following vassals:

Countess of Zemigalians
Countess of Kurs
Count of Sudovia

Old 01-23-2008, 02:10 AM   #44
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

June 15 - The Duchy of Sjaelland is now free of Danish control after winning their war.

July 14 - I order Training Grounds built in Zhmud.

July 18 - I became friends with the Duke of Slesvig

My Count of Sudovia has been excommunicated. Uh oh.

Aug 2 - The Count of Hylland is a new rival.

Aug 9 - Revolt in Marienburg ceases after I give in to their demands.

I claim the title of Duke of Courland. We need the prestige bump.

Aug 20 - I choose to educate my heir at the court.

Aug 22 - I get news that my wife is expecting.

March 15, 1091 - At some point in time, my Countess of Memel has gained the rebellous trait.

March 29 - I create the title of Duke of Pomeralia

I order a Library built in Lubeck.

May 25 - We had a daughter and will name her Vladislava.

Nov 21 - My boy is asking about heathens. I tell him they are men like us, but enemies. He gains Valorous.

Jan 1092 has arrived.

Feb 1 - I create the title of Duke of Samogitia and Duke of Lithuania.

The extra prestige will help keep vassals in line.

June 2 - I put down some rebels is Scalovia.

July 11 - I get an event where the Nobles in Zhmud claim they will not follow a Catholic. I agree to crush them!. Zhmud is looted, rebelling and now Catholic.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:11 PM   #45
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Future areas of expansion:

Yatviags - The two provinces of Yatviags are important to capture because they fit naturally into the character of my domain, as well as connect my provinces, although the next capture will do that to. This is something I need to take before Poland gets uppity.

Pruthenians - The one province is the brown spot on the coast between my two halves, and as a one province, it shouldn’t be too hard to take. Another vital capture for me.

Livonians- These three provinces jump past one Byzantine province from my upper boundaries. Livs is wealthy, Revel alright, and Dorpat pretty poor. Still, I’d like them before another power enters the picture.

Estonians - The one province Narva is decent, but not amazing. I’d like to grab it if I can, but of these four, if I had to choose one not to get, it‘d be Estonians.

After that, expansion is a question that I need to answer before I continue. Where I went after that is simply a matter of what is available. If two thirds of Finland is still pagan, then I jump the Gulf of Finland and go north. Otherwise, I go where the opportunity is.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:38 PM   #46
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oct 3 - Ulrich, Archbishop of Saxony wins the title of King of Sweden in battle.

Oct 22 - We are expecting another child.

Nov 7 - Zhmud is no longer looted

Welcome to 1093

Feb 1 - I order a Tile Factory in Lubeck

May 29 - The Chieftain of Wolgast, our own vassal has declared war on us. I mobilize our men.

I order troops mobilized in adjacent provinces and send them in.

June 19 - Battle begins

July 9 - After almost losing twice, only to have reinforcements show up at the last moment, we eliminate the Wolgast army and begin the siege.

July 20 - I accept peace with Wolgast for 249 gold and their province.

I hate in-fighting like this, because our BB goes up.

Wolgast was a recurring problem, probably because it was pagan and led by a pagan ruler that came under our rule way back when we took the Duchy of Mecklemburg title. This was essentially the last engagement of that war.

I don’t have anyone in my court as an eligible Count of Wolgast, so I’ll just hold onto it for now.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #47
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

July 22 - We have a son and name him Bartosz

Aug 27 - I defeat rebels in Zemigalians

Sept 3 - The Principality of Novogorod DOWd Byzantium, signaling their desire for independence.

Welcome to 1094

Jan 11 - My oldest boy gained Merciful after I told him about God

Jan 27 - Byzantium won against Novgorod and gobbled them back up.

Mar 9 - The Teutonic Order come calling again, this time wanting Marienburg. I turn them down, and my piety decreases again.

I create the title Countess of Wolgast.

Mar 15 - I Send my daughter to the nannies for raising

Apr 11 - I hold a great tournament.

Apr 16, 1094 -

A day planned by my father has arrived. The Count of Braunschweig has died. My 9 year old son is now the Count and leaves to begin his duties under the King of Burgundy.

May 12 - I Crush the Burghers in Aukshayts. It becomes Catholic, looted and rebelling.

May 14 - Two days later the looting ends.

July 1 - I order a Small Castle built in Lubeck - which costs us a pretty penny. It appears our ancestral home may be our border for a long time, so I want insurance.

July 15 - I give in to their demands in Aukshayts, I lose a little prestige, and the revolt ends.

Sep 26 - I will be raising my second son myself.

Dec 6 - I order a library in Marienburg

Welcome to 1095

Old 01-23-2008, 09:17 PM   #48
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Jan 13, 1095 - Some courtiers are flowing into my court - all pagan. This one guy, with an 8.9.13.12 would be a great count, if only he could be catholic.

I appoint him my Steward

Jan 17 - I get the expected event. I choose to convert my Steward by force. I gain the Zealous trait. My Steward dies - he did not survive the conversion. Ah well. All’s fair in love and Machiavelli. I appoint my wife Steward again.

Feb 20 - I go hunting with the Count of Gnieznlenskie but the 75% chance of him being my friend fails,

May 2 - Novgorod is giving independence another go.

May 8 - I give in to demands in Zhmud, lose some prestige, and end the rebellion.

May 16 - I get this event:

God Urges You to Take Up the Cross

My choices:

Deus Vult! +100 piety, gain crusader.

My arms are too tired -100 piety, gain selfish

Deus Vult!

I needed the piety gain. Our Crusader Expectations jump.

June 23 - The province of Lettigalians has been captured by rebels.

Oct 13 - Novgorod falls again and is recaptured by Byzantium.

Welcome to1096

Old 01-23-2008, 10:17 PM   #49
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

March 22 - My brother has been excommunicated. He is currently the Count of Yatvyagi and Scalovia.

He is Deceitful, Cruel, Sceptical, Suspicious, Hostile, Rebellious and now Excommunicated. Of all of my vassals, only my brother, my former friend, is a problem.

And yet, diplomatically, we are fine - at the maximum.

He’s my brother, but it it also time to relieve him of his court.

I send a message to give me back Scalovia.

Apr 7 - He refuses. I demand back Vatyagi

Apr 20 - Before giving me a answer, he declares independence. I DOW him.

May 14 - Troops from Zhmud arrive in Scalovia and attack the defenders.

May 26 - His troops from Yatvyagi arrive in Scalovia. Anticipating this, I organized the County of Memel’s troops and sent them in.

Jun 3 - As the general, I defeat my brother, the opposing general, on the field in Scalovia before the Memel troops arrive. We begin the siege.

Jun 4 - Troops from Aukshayts arrive in Vatyangi and begin a siege here too.

Jun 26 - The Chiefdom of Lettigalians has declared their freedom from Byzantium.

July 8 - Scalovia falls. I disband that army.

Aug 11 - Vatyangi falls. I take both province and all of their gold.

Here’s my problem with that. Our reputation takes a major hit for readding lands that we already owned, from a guy who was excommunicated - not much of a badboy in real life, and its a ajor hit too.

I create - The Count of Yatvyagi, Countess of Scalovia.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-23-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:17 PM   #50
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My brother ended up back in Scalovia as the spymaster for the Countess.

Welcome to 1097

Jan 11 - Our Small Castle is complete in Lubeck I order roads built there as a follow up.

Mar 23 - I create the County of Marienburg and give it away.

Again, it helps my BB, and Marienburg is doing really well, and doesn’t need my guidance anymore. It also dropped in wealth, so I am not as interested in it.

Jul 8 - The Principality of Polosk, right on our doorstep and to whom we have a claim, just DOWd Byzantium in a fret of independance. If I hadn’t had to have put down my brother last year, we could have taken this opportunity, but instead, I have to sit on the sidelines like a little child.

Sept 6 - I order a Small Castle built in Aukshayts. Like Lubeck, this may be my border with the outside world for a while, so I want to protect it.

Welcome to 1098

I realized today that I may want a strong Byzantium. With a weakened Germany, a Strong Byzantium would be a powerful anti-Mongol deterrent. What I don’t want is a Byzantium torn apart by war. Of course, this is all long before Mongols, but still.

Feb 10 - My daughter is a Prodigy

May 2 - Danzig forces defeat rebels in Slupsk

Oct 16 - Pruthenians are attacked by their former allies, the Yatviags

Welcome to 1099

Feb 18 - Pruthenians are now referred to as the Chiefdom of Sambia after losing their titles to Yatviags. These adjacent pagans just had a war, another opening I could not exploit due largely to civil war earlier (twice).

March 3 - Towns grow - Prosperity in Lubeck set to prosperous

May 7 - I order a sawmill built in Zhmud

Jul 9 - Novgorod will try independence and war one more time.

Jul 30 I will be educating my second son at court.

Oct 15 - I get an event:

Fund Traitors in Enemy Castle

It’s a lot of gold, and the event doesn’t tell me who I’m hitting. I decide to call them back. I gain the Lazy trait.

Welcome to 1100