Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-10-2008, 05:52 AM   #1
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

65 Years of Searching for a Title - A DDS:CB Utah Utes Dynasty

Quote:
BOYLEN FIRED, UTES HIRE SCHOFIELD

SALT LAKE CITY, AP - In the wake of a tumultuous 2007-08 season, the Utah Utes have dismissed single season coach Jim Boylen as head coach of their men's basketball program. In his place, the Utes have hired relatively unknown high-school coach Albert Schofield as his successor. The 35 year old Schofield previously served as the head coach of the Provo Bulldogs highschool team.

After a largely dissapointing season under Jim Boylen (18-15, 7-9 in conference play), the Utes have decided to go grass-roots in their coach hunt and plucked Schofield from Provo, where he recently led the Bulldogs to an undefeated (12-0) season. Schofield will be the school's 15th head men's basketball coach, following in the footsteps of Vadal Peterson, Jack Gardner, Jerry Pimm, and Rick Majerus.

"This is a dream come true for me, coming here to coach Utah." said Schofield. "My family and I are very thankful for this opportunity, and we are excited about becoming a part of the community. We are going to build a team that you, the beloved Utah fans, can be proud of. I look forward to bringing the Utes back to prominence where they belong."

The Utah Utes men's basketball program will be celebrating its 100th year this year, marking its centennial after being established in 1908. Utah last won the NCAA Title 65 years ago in the 1943-44 season under head coach Vadal Peterson.

Association Settings
- Underclassmen are ALLOWED to declare
- Illegal Recruiting is OFF
- Hidden Ratings are OFF
- 10-Point Rating Scale.

Coach Information
Name: Albert Schofield
Academics: High
Discipline: High
Integrity: High
Temper: Even
Offense: 65/85
Defense: 75/95
Scouting: 65/90
Recruiting: 75/90
Developing: 90/100

School Information
Name: Utah
Prestige: 61/100
Arena: Jon M. Huntsman Center (15000)
Facilities: B+
Academics: B-

Contract Information
Salary: $695,000 per year
Length: 5 years

Top Team Goals:
1. Qualify for NCAA Tournament
2. Don't Finish Last in Conference
3. Win 10+ Games
4. Improve School Prestige

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 07-10-2008 at 05:58 AM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:03 AM   #2
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Num Player Pos Ht Wt Year Hometown GPA Scholarship
15 Jon Bailey PG 6-0 188 FR Grantsville, UT 2.8 Y
25 R.T. Scheer PG 6-4 181 SO Dulce, NM 2.7 Y
4 Justin Harrell PG 6-1 200 JR Seward, AK 2.1 Y
12 Pooh Dyer PG 6-3 170 SR Kamas, UT 3.9 N
21 Terrance Underwood SG 6-0 198 FR Washington Terrace, UT 3.3 Y
1 Reggie McCaffery SG 6-0 199 FR Price, UT 2.8 Y
24 Otis Ward SG 6-5 219 SR Kahului, HI 2.1 Y
22 Xavier Swift SF 6-7 237 SO Salt Lake City, UT 3.8 Y
33 Ray Watson SF 6-3 207 SO Prineville, OR 3.2 Y
35 Donnie McCullum PF 6-8 197 FR Heber City, UT 2.9 Y
40 Larrie White PF 6-6 232 FR Deer River, MN 3.2 Y
23 Marcus Humphrey PF 6-6 203 SR Salina, UT 3.7 Y
45 Devin Wilson PF 6-8 191 SO North Ogden, UT 3 N
50 Aaron Asbury C 6-10 249 SR Kaneohe, HI 2.8 Y
42 Pete Tate C 6-8 252 SO Pinon, AZ 3.7 Y

Roster Overview

Our roster consists of 5 freshmen, 5 sophomores, 1 junior, and 4 seniors. This is a relatively young team, which means I'm going to be able to mold them enough to become a well-oiled basketball machine by the time the freshmen turn into seniors.

Point Guard

We have four points on our roster, including a walk-on senior. Pooh Dyer will most likely find minutes off the bench every now and then, since he's the guy who best knows how to run this team. Justin Harrell and R.T. Scheer are good point guards, despite the fact that they are only average ball handlers. Scheer is big enough to play SG, and considering he loves being a spot-up shooter, he might get that job. Harrell is basically a shoe-in as our starter PG, barring any hiccups with his grades. Jon Bailey has the potential to be a good PG, but he isn't much right now. He will be redshirted this year.

Shooting Guard

This is our weakest position and the one with the most potential. Sr Otis Ward has dibs on the starting spot in the lineup. He is a complete player, and despite not being remarkably good, he may be able to get the job done. Reggie McCaffery has the potential to be a superstar SG, but his work ethic is highly questionable. He will have to work hard in the next couple of seasons or so if he wants to fulfill his potential to be great. Terrance Underwood, despite being a scholarship player, appears to be nothing more but bench fodder.

Small Forward

Without a doubt, this team belongs to hometown hero and sophomore sensation Xavier Swift. He's got a smooth inside / outside game and does not hesitate to pull up the jumper or drive down the lane. Backing him up is fellow So Ray Watson, who is severely undersized for his position. Watson is more of an ouside shooter than Swift, but is just as tenacious on defense and rebounding. With the glut of PF's on this team who can move down to SF, Watson might find some playing time at SG as well.

Power Forward

He might be a walk-on, but he is a very good basketball player. So Devin Wilson has the tools to be an all-around-type of player for the Utes. He is not a prolifice scorer, but he can nail the mid-range jumper or bang down low. He is also a good rebounder and tenacious defender. Sr Marcus Humphrey will be Wilson's main competition for the starter's spot. Humphrey has better basketball IQ and is much more athletic than Wilson, while sharing similar, albeit lower, ratings. We also have two freshmen in Donnie McCullum and Larrie White, both being athletic big men who might be able to play as combo forwards for the team in the upcoming season.

Center

We only have two centers on this roster, but they are pretty good ones. Sr Aaron Asbury will be the de-facto starter for the Utes. While not being particularly athletic, the Hawaii native is a beast on the glass and on the defensive end. Backing him up is So Pete Tate. Tate is much more athletic than Asbury, but is a bit lower in most ratings. He will serve as a capable back-up to our Hawaiian Bulldozer.

Overall

So, there it is. The 08-09 Utah Utes. I have my work cut out for me this year. I'll have to prioritize finding a big man, a good shooting guard, and a better ball handling PG during recruiting.

Here's to hoping I find the kind of players I need.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 07-11-2008 at 04:05 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:59 AM   #3
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

08-09 Early Season Recruit Report

We started out recruiting with a very big net, focusing on in-state talent and some of the better talents from out of state. After a couple of months, we finally get three verbal commitments for next season.

C Scott Jordan / 6'9" 242 lbs. / Astoria, OR - Knappa HS / 3.1 GPA
HS Stats: 13.6 ppg, 2.6 apg, 8.6 rpg, 3.3 bpg, 1.3 spg

Scott Jordan was a great steal for us. As of his verbal, he is the #1-ranked Center in the West Region, and is the #9-ranked Center in the entire Nation. His ranking has been pretty steady throughout the entire course of recruitment.

He was initially cold towards us, but eventually warmed up once we gave him a tour of the school.

He has a big desire to stay close to home and considered Academics and Discipline among his top priorities, and fortunately, Utah is a great match for all three.

Based on our scouting reports, Jordan is a very hard worker. He is not as athletically gifted as most players (D), but is a monster rebounder (A), a good defender (B) and shot-blocker (B), and is a good offensive presence down low (scoring: B, inside: B).

Jordan is rated as an A-overall, with reports pegging him as a 4-star recruit.

PG Josh Boschee / 5'10" 170 lbs. / Cedar City, UT - Cedar City HS / 3.2 GPA
HS Stats: 12.8 ppg, 5.5 apg, 3.1 rpg, 1.4 bpg, 1.9 spg

We were down to two choices for PG, and decided to offer our scholarship to the one who we felt was the type of PG that we needed. As of his verbal, Boschee was rated as the #2-ranked PG in the West Region, and the #34-ranked PG in the Nation. He's been on a recent slide down the national rankings, from #15.

Boschee's parents both attended Utah, which is a big plus, and we were in the top 3 of his short list since the beginning. The other two being USC and BYU.

A strong desire to stay close to home and high academics played a big part in him choosing us.

Our scouting reports have Boschee pegged as a hard-working player with an average personality. He is scouted to be athletic (B) and an excellent ball handler (A) and passer (A).

Boshcee is rated as a B-overall, with reports pegging him as a 4-star recruit.

C Brendon Ross / 6'9" 277 lbs. / Garland, UT - Bear River HS / 3.2 GPA
HS Stats: 16.1 ppg, 3.7 apg, 7.6 rpg, 0.6 bpg, 1.1 spg

In hindsight, I should have just pursued other SGs in the same range as Ross, but I decided that I'm in need of another center anyway. As of his verbal, Ross was rated as the #7-ranked C in the West Region, and the #73-ranked C in the Nation. He has been on a big slide up the national rankings, from #155.

Ross was always an option for us, and he kept the door open, despite being courted by Stanford and Air Force.

Like Boschee and Jordan, Ross had a high desire to stay home and high academics.

Ross is pegged to be a below-average defender (D) and shot blocker (D), and an inept rebounder (F). He is, however, pegged as an offensive powerhouse inside (A), and a good scorer (B). I am not high on the fact that I am recruiting a center that can't rebound or defend, but his scoring might make up for it.

Ross is rated as a B-overall, with reports pegging him as a 4-star recruit.

Overall

I wasn't able to find a SG that I liked, and might have rolled the dice on Ross, but acquiring Jordan and Boschee were big moves that pushed me closer to the type of team I want to run. The season is drawing near, and team practices are about to begin. It will be interesting to find out if my five freshmen can blend in with the team properly.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 07-11-2008 at 07:02 AM.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:40 AM   #4
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Lineups

Our basic starting lineup is set as:

PG Justin Harrell
SG Ray Watson
SF Xavier Swift
PF Devin Wilson
C Aaron Asbury

We will have Pete Tate, RT Scheer, and Otis Ward come in off the bench as our primary subs.

Non Conference Games - November

November 13, 2008 - St. Mary's (CA) 66 @ Utah 86

We win the season opener, thanks to a brilliant performance by Xavier Swift. Our team was dominant inside, with 50 points in the paint, and we pushed the ball on the court with 26 fast break points. Swift had 20 points, 4 assists, 6 rebounds, and 4 steals. Aaron Asbury had 12 points and 8 rebounds. Ray Watson had 16 points, 3 assists, and 3 rebounds. Pete Tate and R.T. Scheer had 13 and 8 points off the bench, respectively.

November 16, 2008 - Cleveland St. 56 @ Utah 67

We dominate the points in the paint once again, with 26 to Cleveland St.'s 22. Xavier Swift led the way with 17 points, 7 rebounds, and 2 steals. Ray Watson
had 12 points, 4 rebounds, and 2 steals. Otis Ward and Pete Tate had 10 and 9 points off the bench.

November 19, 2008 - Montana St. 65 @ Utah 74

Xavier Swift had 19 points, 6 assists, 2 rebounds, and 5 steals to lead us to this win. Aaron Asbury had 12 points, 10 rebounds, and 2 blocks. Ray Watson had 9 points and 3 rebounds. R.T. Scheer had 11 points and 4 assists off the bench.

Recruit Notes: Scott Jordan, Brendon Ross, and Josh Boschee all sign their LOIs.

November 23, 2008 - Illiois 50 @ #14 Utah 80

Somehow, we're suddenly ranked 14 in the Nation. We decimate Illinois in this one. We had 32 points in the paint to their 18, and 18 fast break points to their 7. Xavier Swift had 20 points and 6 rebounds to lead the way. Aaron Asbury had 12 points, 3 assits, and 6 rebounds. Justin Harrell scored 12 points, dished out 6 assists, and grabbed 4 rebounds. Pete Tate had 7 points and 6 rebounds off the bench. R.T. Scheer had 9 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, and 4 steals off the bench.

November 26, 2008 - #14 Utah 82 @ Jackson St. 54

Our very first away game for the season... and we win convincingly. Ray Watson
led the way with 16 points and 3 rebounds. Aaron Asbury had 15 points and 9 rebounds. Justin Harrell and Xavier Swift had 12 a piece, with Harrell dishing out 5 assists as well.

November 30, 2008 - #8 Utah 74 @ TX Corpus Christi 49

Aaron Asbury decided to take over this game with 22 points and 11 rebounds. Ray Watson had 16 points, 5 rebounds, and 7 assists. Xavier Swift had 12 points and 5 rebounds. Justin Harrell had 7 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists.

Player Notes: R.T. Scheer and Terrance Underwood get into a small fight. I tell Underwood to cool his jets and try to control his temper. He responds accordingly and says that he'll try his best.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 07-12-2008 at 02:44 AM.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:34 AM   #5
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Damn it, I can't read any further or I'll want to buy this game.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 03:45 PM   #6
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
Damn it, I can't read any further or I'll want to buy this game.

Old 07-12-2008, 04:46 PM   #7
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Staff Report

I figured out that we had about $65,000 left on our budget and didn't have any more recruiting to do... so, I went a fired my 2nd assistant coach and hired a new guy. Reggie Miller (38 yrs old, no relation to that Reggie Miller) is a coach with decent scouting, below average coaching and recruiting, but highly rated in player development (rated at 86). He is signed for $61,000 for one year.

Lineup Report: I decide to give Reggie McCaffery more playing time over Otis Ward to gauge his ability to play within our system. So far, that's the only change I'm doing. I like playing Devin Wilson as a starter and having Pete Tate come off the bench... it gives me a strong defensive stopper/offensive option at the post when Aaron Asbury sits.

Non-Conference Games - December

December 3, 2008 - Jacksonville St. 38 @ #8 Utah 67

Justin Harrell led us with 17 points, 6 rebounds and 4 asssists in this easy game against Jacksonvill St. Xavier Swift had 11 points, 10 rebounds and 2 blocks. Aaron Asbury had 9 points, 5 rebounds, and 7 assists. Reggie McCaffery had a decent game off the bench with 5 points and 3 rebounds.

Injury Report: Otis Ward is suffering from the flu, but will be back in a couple of days.

December 7, 2008 - Louisiana-Lafayette 59 @ #7 Utah 91

We demolish Louisiana-Lafayette, as five Utes score in double digits. Xavier Swift led the way with 22 points and 3 rebounds. Ray Watson had 15 points and 3 steals. Aaron Asbury scored 14 and grabbed 8 rebounds but fouled out of the game. Justin Harrell had 12 points, while Pete Tate had 11 points and 8 rebounds off the bench.

December 10, 2008 - #7 Utah 66 @ Hartford 63

This was a close one. Hartford was down by one, 63-64, with possesion of the ball and 17 seconds left. They waste time and turn the ball over, then foul Ray Watson who makes two free throws with 4 seconds left. We press, and they aren't able to put up a shot to attempt for the tie.

Aaron Asbury led with 19 points, 5 rebounds, and 3 steals. Xavier Swift had 12 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, and 4 steals. Ray Watson had 11 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 assists. Reggie McCaffery pitched in 8 points off the bench. Pete Tate had 4 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, and 3 blocks off the bench as well.

Player Notes: R.T. Scheer and Reggie McCaffery were at it again during practice. The team was slowly souring on McCaffery, and I give him another warning. I will have to keep my eye on McCaffery's attitude if I want him to remain a Ute for the next 4 years.

December 14, 2008 - #8 Utah 72 @ Utah St. 69 OT

I don't like these close games, even worse, it was against our yearly OOC rival, Utah St. Utah St. was up 59-56, and Ray Watson nails a cold-blooded 3 to tie the game with 7 seconds left. Utah St. tries for a last shot with a quick push for a layup, but Justin Harrell swats it away as time expires. Harrell added to his heroics for the night by hitting the the game-winning three with one second left, giving us the win!

Xavier Swift had 19 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 steals. Aaron Asbury had 10 points and 8 rebounds. Ray Watson, hero #1, had 16 points, 5 rebounds, 2 steals and 2 blocks. Justin Harrell, hero #2, had 13 points, 3 rebounds, 7 assists, and 3 blocks.

December 17, 2008 - VMI 53 @ #8 Utah 73

Another game, another win. Most of these teams are cupcakes, and I know we're only unfairly padding our record, but heck, I'll take it this season.

Aaron Asbury explodes for 21 points and 13 rebounds. Ray Watson had 15 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists. Xavier Swift had 5 points and 7 rebounds.

December 21, 2008 - #8 Utah 67 @ James Madison 66

Our perfect non-conference schedule record was on the line, and James Madison gaves us a lot of trouble. They didn't actually take the lead for the entire game, but were just right behind us all the way. With this win, we remain undefeated (12-0) headed into conference play... nice.

Xavier Swift had a bad game, fouling out in the 1st half with only 6 points and 3 rebounds. Aaron Asbury had 17 points and 7 rebounds. Reggie McCaffery dialed in with 11 points off the bench.

Injury Report: Pete Tate broke his hand during the first half of James Madison game and will be gone for 53 days. Well... fuck. I'm not sure if I can get the same production from my other big men. Tate was a HUGE part of the bench. Jeez. The timing of this one couldn't be worse. That mean's he'll be out until sometime in February, towards the tail-end of the season. Ugh.

Old 07-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #8
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Non-Conference Games Summary

We clearly have three key players: Xavier Swift, Aaron Asbury, and Ray Watson. Swift is averaging 14.6 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.9 apg, and a conference-leading 1.9 spg. Aaron Asbury is averaging 14.0 ppg, 7.7 rpg, and 1.8 apg. Ray Watson is averaging 12.0 ppg, 3.4 rpg, and 2.0 apg. Justin Harrell and RT Scheer are combining 13.1 rpg and 5.4 apg. Pete Tate was putting up great numbers off the bench, with 7.0 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.6 apg, and a team-leading 1.5 bpg, up until he was taken out with an injury.

Mountain West Conference Preview

Predicted Ranking (non-conference games in parenthesis)

1. Utah Utes (12-0)

2. BYU Cougars (11-2) - Led by Jr SG Jaron Howard, who is averaging 25.6 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.5 spg, and 1.7 bpg.

3. Air Force Falcons (10-3) - Led by Sr SF Cory Church and Jr SG Eric Whiteman, averaging 14.5 and 10.3 ppg, respectively.

4. New Mexico Lobos (7-5) - Led by Sr C William McColpin, averaging 21.8 ppg, a conference-leading 10.9 rpg, 2.2 apg, and 1.2 spg.

5. Wyoming Cowboys (5-6) - Led by Sr SF Keith Sheffer, averaging 25.1 ppg and 4.0 rpg. Jr PG Jonte Agbai leads the conference in assists per game, with 5.3, and turnovers per game, with 4.6.

6. UNLV Rebels (5-6) - Led by Jr PG Sean Herbert, Sr C James Muckle, Sr PG Jeff Tiggs, averaging 14.5 ppg, 10.5 ppg, and 10.1 ppg, respectively.

7. Colorado St. Rams (7-4) - Led by Sr SG Ryan Greer, averaging 17.1 ppg, 2.8 apg, and 5.2 rpg.

8. TCU Horned Frogs (4-7) - Led by Sr SF Rodney Wilkes, averaging 14.3 ppg, and 4.3 rpg.

9. San Diego St. Aztecs (4-7) - Led by Jr PG Rick Henry, averaging 9.9 ppg, 3.6 apg, and 2.4 rpg.
Lineup Report

Reggie McCaffery
has been good off the bench, although he is definitely drawing the ire of most of his teammates. Otis Ward will get his old spot and minutes back... I'll need more of a veteran bench presence now that I've lost Tate for most of the season. Marcus Humphrey and Donnie McCullum will find more minutes because of Tate's injury, with McCullum playing more at bC, and Humphrey at bPF

Mountain West Conference Games - December to Mid-January

December 28, 2008 - #8 Utah 59 vs. UNLV 66 OT

Our first conference game of the season, and we lose a six point lead in the final two minutes and completely collapse in overtime. We only manager 16 points in the paint to 28 by UNLV. Xavier Swift had 14 points and Ray Watson had 15, the only two guys on our roster to score in double figures. We were demolished on rebounding, 40 to 35, no thanks to their 6'2" SG, Sean Herbert, grabbing 12 rebounds.

December 31, 2008 - Air Force 58 vs. #8 Utah 66

Three days later, we celebrate with a big win against Air Force. At least we wouldn't spend New Year's eve sulking about back-to-back losses. Aaron Asbury had 20 points and 9 rebounds. Xavier Swift had 18 points and 4 rebounds. Justin Harrell scored 18 points and grabbed 5 rebounds. We limited Cory Church to only 14 minutes of play and 11 poitns thanks to foul trouble.

Injury Report: We get a mood-messing report from our trainer. We lose another big man, as our starting PF, Devin Wilson apparently sprained his calf. He will be out for approximately 14 days, no news yet if he can play in limited minutes.

January 4, 2009 - #10 Utah 75 @ TCU 49

Lineup Report:Devin Wilson won't be ready to play full minutes, so we dress up Marcus Humphrey as our starter.
We dominate the paint against TCU, scoring 30 PiP compared to 18 from the Horned Frogs. We mopped them on the rebounds as well, having a 33-22 edge on the boards. Xavier Swift led the way with 19 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, and 5 steals. Aaron Asbury had 9 points and 10 boards. Justin Harrell had 16 points and 3 assists. Ray Watson scored 12 points and grabbed 6 rebounds. Otis Ward contributed 10 points off the bench.

January 7, 2009 - #14 BYU 82 @ #10 Utah 75 OT

We waste a 10-point half-time lead and drop in OT against a very strong BYU team. Xavier Swift scored 22 points and Aaron Asbury had 10. Otis Ward had 11 points off the bench, the only other player to score in double figures for us. Jaron Howard torched us for 24 points, and he got big scoring contributions from his teammates to help oust us in this game. Devin Wilson finally was able to play and grabbed 5 rebounds in 4 minutes of play. Expect him to be back in the starting lineup soon.

Player Notes: Tempers flare as RT Scheer and Reggie McCaffery go at it once more. All signs point to McCaffery being pissed that Scheer is getting more minutes than him. I am losing my patience with McCaffery, and call him to my office. I tell him that he can stop being an ass, and if he doesn't want to play by my rules, he can file a transfer out of here at the end of the season. One more fight, and he'll get a one-week suspension. It was a bluff on my part... I needed him next year. He sulked out of my office, saying nothing.

January 11, 2009 - #10 Utah 75 @ Colorado St 58

We bounce back from the loss to BYU with a strong showing against Colorado St. Xavier Swift was limited to only 7 points and 5 rebounds. Reserve-turned-starter Marcus Humphries led the team with 15 points and 6 rebounds. Justin Harrell scored 15 points and had 4 assists. Aaron Asbury had 12 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 assists. Otis Ward had 11 points off the bench, this being his 3rd straight game with double figures as our 6th man.

January 14, 2009 - San Diego St. 59 @ #10 Utah 77

Xavier Swift and Aaron Asbury have their combined game of the season, with Swift having 21 points, 13 rebounds, and 4 steals and Asbury having 22 points and 8 rebounds. Great performance by two of our best guys.

Player Notes: Ok, this is absurd. RT Scheer and Reggie McCaffery have another fight. These guys are not listening to me at all. I call Scheer into my office first. I give him a choice, either stop retaliating to McCaffery or be ready to face the consequences. Scheer tells me that he'll try his best. Ok, fine, just stop fighting. McCaffery gets no sermon from me. I suspend him for a week. Either he learns his lesson or not, but I run a tight ship, and I will have no loose cannons in it.

Injury Notes: Devin Wilson recovers from his injury and will be back playing next game.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:26 PM   #9
Tellistto
College Prospect

Nice start, I'll be following along.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:03 AM   #10
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
Nice start, I'll be following along.

Tell

Thanks! You get a free Utah Utes hat and shirt!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:05 AM   #11
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Mountain West Conference Standings

1. BYU 5-1
2. New Mexico 5-1
3. Utah 4-2
4. Air Force 3-2
5. Wyoming 3-2
6. UNLV 2-3
7. San Diego St. 1-4
8. Colorado St. 0-5
9. TCU 0-5

Mountain West Conference Games - Mid-January to February

January 18, 2009 - #10 Utah 77 @ Wyoming 86

We got demolished by Wyoming. They scored 40 points in the paint to our 16. They also scored 28 fast break points. Aaron Asbury led the Utes with 17 points and 8 rebounds. Ray Watson had 13 points, 3 rebounds, and 3 assists. Xavier Swift had 11 points. Justin Harrell had 11 points and 5 assists. Keith Sheffer had 20 points, and Jonte Agbai had 19 points, 8 rebounds, and 6 assists for Wyoming.

January 21, 2009 - New Mexico 57 @ #10 Utah 76

Bouncing back after that bad loss against a tough New Mexico team. We take control of the boards, 40 to 29, and grab this victory against NM. Aaron Asbury leads the team once again with 17 points and 12 rebounds. Xavier Swift had 16 points and 3 rebounds. Ray Watson had 10 points and 7 rebounds. Devin Wilson, in his 2nd game back, had 4 points, 8 rebounds, and 4 assists.

January 28, 2009 - UNLV 65 @ #10 Utah 86

We grab another win, and we finally get the ball rolling somehow. Ray Watson had 18 points, Justin Harrell scored 16, and Xavier Swift had 12 for us in this win. RT Scheer also had 10 points off the bench.

February 1, 2009 - #11 Utah 55 @ #20 Air Force 65

Ouch. We couldn't get it done tonight. We were good defensively, but were lacking in offense. Xavier Swift led the team with 13, Aaron Asbury had 11, and Justin Harrell had 10. Ray Watson shot 2-11 from the field, only 6 points under his belt.

February 4, 2009 - TCU 60 @ #11 Utah 71

Aaron Asbury had a great game, and we bounce back again after a loss. Asbury had 17 points and 8 rebounds. Ray Watson had 14 points. Xavier Swift had a horrible game, though, 0-9 from the field and 5 points all from free-throws. RT Scheer scored 11 off the bench for the Utes.

February 9, 2009 - #11 Utah 69 @ #7 BYU 67

BYU had a 10-1 record, and we blow it away with this amazing win against them.BYU's Jaron Howard dropped 28 points, but noone else from BYU had double figures. Aaron Asbury had 18 points and 9 rebounds for us, and noone else had double figure points as well. Xavier Swift shot 2-9 and only scored 6 points. We had a huge advantage on the line, shooting 15 of 22 FTs, while BYU only shot 4 of 6.

February 11, 2009 - Colorado St. 89 @ #11 Utah 90 OT

This was a nail biter, and we get the win thanks a to a game-winning shot in OT from Ray Watson. Watson scored 30 points and 4 rebounds, Xavier Swift had 27 points and 6 rebounds. Justin Harrell pitched in 12 points and 9 assists. Pete Tate played ten minutes, but was highly ineffective. We brought him back a day early to see if he could be a factor... not so.

February 15, 2009 - #11 Utah 83 @ San Diego St. 76

Pete Tate returns in his first official game out of the injury list. He wasn't as productive as most, but he did get 4 points and 1 assist. Aaron Asbury had 23 points and 14 rebounds. Xavier Swift had 17 points and 9 rebounds. Otis Ward

February 18, 2009 - Wyoming 54 @ #11 Utah 71

Ray Watson leads us through this win with 19 points. Aaron Asbury had 14 points and 7 rebounds. Justin Harrell had 14 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists. Xavier Swift had 12 points and 5 assists. Kieth Sheffer scored 26 points against us, but we stop the rest of his team.

February 22, 2009 - #11 Utah 63 @ New Mexico 85

Xavier Swift had 19 points and Justin Harrell had 15 points as we fell to New Mexico away. William McColpin led the way for NM with 28 points nad 9 rebounds. This is our final regular season game, which means that tourney seeding will be next. I already have 2 goals met (don't finish last in conference, win 10+ games), I will need an NCAA Tourney appearance and improvement in prestige to meet my two remaining goals.
had 13 points off the bench.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:55 AM   #12
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Mountain West Conference Standings:

1. BYU 14-2 (25-4 overall)
2. Air Force 13-3 (23-6 overall)
3. Utah 11-5 (23-5 overall)
Wyoming 9-7 (14-13 overall)
New Mexico 9-7 (16-12 overall)
6. UNLV 6-10 (11-16 overall)
San Diego St. 5-11 (9-18 overall)
8. Colorado St. 4-12 (11-16 overall)
9. TCU 1-15 (5-22 overall)

Mountain West Conference Tournament:

March 5, 2009

None of our underclassmen declare for the NBA draft. Thank you.

March 6, 2009

TCU wins against Colorado St., 80-77, advancing in the tourney to face #1 seed BYU.

March 7, 2009 - UNLV 66 vs. #12 Utah 56

Ugh. We drop the ball on this one and lose to UNLV for the 2nd time this season. Xavier Swift, Aaron Asbury, and Ray Watson were held down to 7, 9, and 6 points. Our leading scorer is Otis Ward, who came off the bench to score 16. UNLV's PG Sean Herbert scorched us for 19 points and 8 rebounds. I'm hoping that we can get into the NCAA Tourney by virtue of of our season ranking.
Meanwhile, BYU defeats TCU 75-54, Air Force beats San Diego St. 63-35, and Wyoming pulls out a win against New Mexico 80-66.

March 8, 2009

BYU destroys Wyoming 83-48 and Air Force beats UNLV in OT, 70-67.

March 9, 2009

BYU are the MWC Tournament Champs, thanks to their trouncing of Air Force 74-56.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:59 AM   #13
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

NCAA Tournament Selection Show

We are currently ranked #14 in the Top 25 and 33rd in RPI ranking. Will that be enough to give us a berth into the NCAA Tourney, though?

BYU is seeded #3 in the Philadelphia Bracket and will face #14 Weber St.

It doesn't take long for us to find out...

Utah is seeded #6 in the Philadelphia Bracket and will face #11 Purdue!!!

Whew. At least we got into the Tourney.

Air Force is seeded #4 in the Chicago Bracket and will face #13 Davidson

And that's the selection show! Three bids for the Mountain West. Purdue will give us problems, no doubt.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:09 PM   #14
Tellistto
College Prospect

Tourney run!

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:22 PM   #15
Izulde
Head Coach

I think you can handle Purdue.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote