Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-21-2014, 08:25 AM   #201
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Got to play for an hour last night. I took the helm of Whitehawk, and it's been fun.

I do like on the tactics screen how you can really set up a nice formation with special instructions.

Currently, I'm playing with a 3-6-1. The goalie on the team is just not that good, but the defense showed promise. We have one good striker.

Figuring on this. I made there central defenders (two have good stopper skills). My wingers are so-so but I did manage to pick up on free a speedy RW who has somewhat decent cross skills.

My defenders are meant to stay on d and not really be a part of the offense, get it to midfield.

I have a defensive mid to help and basically channel to the 3 mids and the wingers.

So far, it's worked well.

I did manage to upgrade a position here and there but I really wish I could become a feeder team. I think one nice loan striker with talent and I could be really dangerous.

So thanks, I'll let you know how I do.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:14 AM   #202
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
I did manage to upgrade a position here and there but I really wish I could become a feeder team.

Or you could have my luck.

1st season at Georgia Revolution I got a parent club ... but the board found one that was 2 levels ahead of me so in 4 years only one single player was ever willing to come to me on loan. And he got hurt after 6 matches.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:48 AM   #203
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Or you could have my luck.

1st season at Georgia Revolution I got a parent club ... but the board found one that was 2 levels ahead of me so in 4 years only one single player was ever willing to come to me on loan. And he got hurt after 6 matches.

Yeah...I figure I'll have to at least promotion to the next level.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 08-24-2014, 01:55 AM   #204
Izulde
Head Coach

Looking forward to hearing how you go further, Qwikshot. 3-6-1 seems pretty inventive a formation.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:56 AM   #205
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Hey, a familiar face. He was on my Blyth squad for at least 2-3 seasons.

I forget - how'd he do?

Old 08-24-2014, 03:23 AM   #206
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Armthorpe Welfare
GK: Jimmy Barlow
D: Mick Deakin/Brian Haskins/Gareth Anderson/Taylor Hall
DM: Gareth Muldowney
M: Brian Denton/Alex Habergham
AM: David Parsons
S: Matty Hamilton/Leeroy Chinthengah

Forgot to go look for more DC, so we're running tired in that area.

4 - I love Muldowney's ironman nature. He's started all three games and here retrieves a clearance of his own pass to head it to Habergham. Parsons takes the ensuing pass and dribbles to the box line before firing into the upper right corner. USA USA USA! 1-0

7 - LOL. They backpass, only the defender suddenly runs ahead and the keeper charges forward... perfect for Chinthengah to beat everyone and put it in the literally unguarded net 2-0

8.4 by PotM Brian Haskins and 7.5 for Leeroy Chinthengah as it was an overall strong performance by a team that's starting to maybe look comfortable playing together.

vs Mossley (Friendly)
D: Danny Brown/Brian Haskins/Gareth Anderson/Grant Cook
M: Jimmy Wilcox/Sonny Egginton
AM: Frank Futcher
S: Matty Hamilton/Simon Stead

11 - Corner kick allowed goal oof 0-1

27 - Haskins head clears to Futcher to start a counter that ends in Stead kicking it back to Wilcox and up to Hamilton for the box-boundary goal 1-1

87 - Fucking 30 yard fluke goal 1-2

We lost $5.25k last month due to paying off the last of a loan, so hopefully this will be the start of a turnaround financially.

Transfer In - MC/AMC Craig Russell (17)
Gorgeous physical attributes - 14 Acceleration, 11 Agility, 13 Natural Fitness, 13 Pace, and some interesting Mental - 10 Aggression, 13 Determination, 15 Flair, 12 Workrate. 1/5 at AMC, 1/4.5 at MC. $55 goal bonus, $70 P/A fee. Really, really wanted to sign this kid to a long term contract but he wasn't having it.

Transfer In - DC Abs Wickenden (19)
16 Jumping, 15 Natural Fitness, 12 Stamina as my usual 6'8 workhorse. $130 P/A fee. 2.5/5 and an instant starter, though I really want him on a long-term contract, too. I've noticed, however, that the only guys willing to take on actual contracts are ones who suck.

[b]Transfer In - DLC Roger Sedgewick (17)
$45 P/A is all he wanted. 12 Aggression, 13 Composure, 13 Determination, 13 Teamwork, 17 Workrate, 10 Balance, 16 Jumping, 17 Natural Fitness, 12 Stamina, and another 6'8 defender. 1.5/5 as DC, 1/5 as DL.

@Harrogate Railway Athletic
D: Mick Deakin/Roger Sedgewick/Abs Wickenden/Taylor Hall
DM: Sonny Egginton
M: Brian Denton/David Parsons
AM:Craig Russell
S: Simon Stead/Leeroy Chinthengah

20 - Feels like we just played these guys. Wickenden own goal 0-1

45 - Yeah this is shaping up as a terrible debut for the new guys. Russell is knocked out with injury.

56 - When you have 5 straight clearances go right to the opponent, you know they're going to score 0-2

Team played like shit in the last friendly. Not a good way to go into the games that count.

Old 08-24-2014, 08:12 AM   #207
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I forget - how'd he do?

He was sort of frustrating for me. He'd have moments and appear to be ready to break through but ultimately didn't.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:34 AM   #208
Izulde
Head Coach

Some Level 9 team keeps begging to have one of my DCs on loan. I tell them to fuck off. Even more important when Roger Sedgewick goes down for 2 months with a training injury. FFS. We *just* got him in, too.

I go against my assman's recommendations and appoint Matty Hamilton as Captain (assman said to make him vice) and Taylor Hall as vice-captain.

Just about everyone is thrilled with Hamilton as team captain, but the 23 year old, who happens to be our 3rd oldest player, feels like it's too much pressure at such a young age. Uh, okay buddy.

vs Loughborough Dynamo
G: Jimmy Barlow
AMC: Frank Futcher

For some reason Abs Wickenden got hit with a 4 match suspension for being sent off even though I swear he didn't get sent off. Must have been from his prior club. That's going to hurt us, considering all the fucking DC injuries we have, and the fixture crunch at the start of the year.

21 - Futcher on the corner hits to the far post where Haskins outjumps the defense for an easy header goal 1-0

63 - This is what I love about Muldowney. Even when he makes a mistake, like he does kicking a pass directly into a defender, he recovers from it. Gets possession back and sends it into space for Parsons to pick up, dribble into the box, and slot a neat one home 2-0

70 - Wilcox on for Denton

83 - Chinthengah goes off with injury, forcing me to put Stead in.

87 - "Parsons didn't mean that!" I am so fucking sick and tired of these motherfucking fluke goals the AI keeps getting. Down to Contain, ugh 2-1

Matching 8.1s for Brian Haskins and Frank Futcher, but it was the F-Man who wins PotM. 7.6 for American David Parsons.

We sell 31 season tickets, but the board complains because we sold 39 last year. Well, what do you expect with a drop in division? Sheesh.

4th @Northwich Victoria (18th)
M: Jimmy Wilcox/Brian Denton

1 - Excellent header interception on a goal by Muldowney, and the end of the move is Futcher passing to Chinthengah, then striding forward to take the return pass into the box and firing a beaut of a score 1-0

12 - Three straight setups by Hall and we can't convert a single one. The last, too high header by Futcher particularly nauseated.

17 - ...Really? REALLY? TWO STRAIGHT "HOW DID HE MANAGE TO MISS THAT?"?!?! This one by Chinthengah. We should be up 3-0 by now.

60 - Denton beautifully intercepts after Chinthengah races off too fast and allows the offense to head the ball down on our goal kick. Finisher here is Deakin hitting a blooper that I thought was meant for Futcher and so did the defense, who collapses on our AMC, but it instead takes a bounce into space for Chinthengah to stride forth and sink it. 2-0

75 - Drop to Contain. Egginton in for Denton

85 - Haskins is knocked, but I have literally no one who can fill in at DC. We'll have to ride it out.

What a great job by the backline. 9.0s for Brian Haskins and Mick Deakin, the latter earning PotM. 8.0 for Taylor Hall and 7.5 for Gareth Anderson. Up front we had 8.3s for Frank Futcher and Leeroy Chinthengah.;

We're also in 1st place. But of course we lose Haskins for 3 weeks, further killing our DC stocks

Old 08-25-2014, 07:53 AM   #209
Izulde
Head Coach

Transfer In - DCR Andy Roberts (22) - From Armthorpe Welfare
Yeah, yeah we just beat these guys 2-0 in a friendly, and the $90 P/A is a little steep. But 11 Tackling, 10 Marking, 13 Aggression, 13 Influence, 10 Balance, 10 Jumping, 10 Stamina, and we could be doing a lot worse for an emergency stopgap.

Transfer In - ST Ciaran Williams (18)
$1.7k annual salary through 2021 that goes to $2.3k a year after 30 games. Probably could have talked him down cheaper, but oh well. 10 Penalty Kicks, 11 Aggression, 11 Flair, 11 Acceleration, 13 Balance, 16 Natural Fitness, 11 Pace, 11 Stamina. Our 4th striker by the rankings, but since Parsons is an AMC/MC ideally, the kid essentially becomes our 3rd striker. 4.5 silver/5

1st vs Rainworth Miners Welfare (15th)
D: Mick Deakin/Andy Roberts/Gareth Anderson/Taylor Hall
M: David Parsons/Brian Denton

Egginton at DM and Russell at AM at the half, as we're playing a little lethargically out there, though the defense is still playing fantastically.

91 - Let's throw Williams in to try and catch them napping.

It's the first game I've ever seen without a single highlight. Ouch. My guess is they parked the bus to get the draw, and well, it worked.

Transfer In - DM Stewart Mulvaney (20) - From Maine Road
I wasn't planning on signing another DM, but my assman kept raving about him. 10 Penalty Kicks, 12 Teamwork, 12 Workrate, 10 Balance, 12 Pace, 11 Stamina. $120 P/A and clocks in at 3.5/5. What this means is that we can move Gareth Muldowney to MC, where he's 3.5 (and better than the 2.5 at DMC), and make our midfield that much stronger.

4th vs Romulus FC (10th)
D: Mick Deakin/Andy Roberts/Gareth Anderson/Taylor Hall

Our newest signing is still tired from his last match with his old club, so he'll sit out this one.

17 - Knock for Parsons

20 - Knock for Denton. What the hell is this? Both our MCs getting dinged one right after the other.

38 - They really should have scored there. Weak effort.

Egginton at DM and Muldowney slides up to MC, with Russell coming on to take the other spot.

61 - Sigh. Time to attack 0-1

And a whole big pile of nothing. Half the team gets pissed off when I praise the defense, who did do a bang-up jump, and then more people get butthurt when I tell the rest of them they didn't do their fucking job. We also lose David Parsons for 2 weeks.

We made a profit of $46.8k last month, but that's due to the board infusing $55k. They're satisfied, but also say "your one saving grace is financial control, which has been satisfactory". Oh, fuck you.

7th @Ilkeston FC (13th)
D: Mick Deakin/Abs Wickenden/Gareth Anderson/Taylor Hall
DM: Stewart Mulvaney
M: Gareth Muldowney/Brian Denton

20 - Yeah, you were so blatantly offsides even the popcorn vendor saw it, Hamilton

44 - And now you shank an easy goal Hamilton? No wonder Chinthengah says he can't get motivated with you as captain.

56 - Yay for not marking a guy on a corner 0-1

70 - Russell for Futcher, Egginton for Denton

82 - Deakin is knocked.

Sound familiar? Hot streak followed by being unable to buy a fucking goal? We played well enough to win, too. Including a 9.0 from Abs Wickenden.

On the other hand, injuries continue to pile up, as Mick Deakin goes out for 4 weeks.

14th @Newcastle Town (8th)
D: Brian Haskins/Abs Wickenden/Gareth Anderson/Taylor Hall

Williams comes in for Hamilton at half, as we continue to have real problems on offense.

79 - Russell in for Denton

94 - Argh! Chinthengah with a great chance for the dramatic late win, and he shanks it.

15th vs Heanor Town (17th)
D: Mick Deakin/Abs Wickenden/Gareth Anderson/Taylor Hall
M: David Parsons/Brian Denton

5 - Anderson gets destroyed and I'm shocked there's no call. Instead, they score 0-1

8 - Mulvaney booms it to Hamilton in the box, and just as they're about to wipe Matty Sucks out, he crosses to Chinthengah for the immediate answer 1-1

56 - Williams in for Hamilton; Russell for Denton

62 - Because we don't have enough backline injuries, Anderson is knocked out and Roberts comes in.

80 - Parsons wings it out to Chinthengah, who immediately heads it to Futcher in the box. Dribbling forward until he finds his spot, and *bam*! Down to Contain we go 2-1

82 - But wait! Here's Futcher on the corner finding Wickenden's head for the insurance! 3-1

90 - One of their players goes off with a red! Cool note that the opposition is "losing their discipline"

91 - Parsons passes to Chinthengah, who slides it on over to Williams on the box boundary. The defense's effort to tackle it away fails, an the 18 year old looks up, sets his shot, and hammers in his first ever goal for us! 4-1

Accolades: PotM Abs Wickenden with 8.7, Brian Haskins with 7.8, Frank Futcher with 8.4, Leeroy Chinthengah netting an 8.3, and Ciaran Williams with a 7.6 and maybe getting his shot to be a starting striker.

And because of the rules of this universe dictate that bad shit has to immediately follow good shit, we lose Gareth Anderson for 4 weeks. Still, have to be happy with our first win in 5 games, a triumph that vaults us back up into 8th

8th vs Lincoln United (23rd)
D: Mick Deakin/Abs Wickenden/Andy Roberts/Taylor Hall
S: Ciaran Williams/Leeroy Chinthengah

12 - Obvious offsides is obvious.

21 - ...Really? WE'RE FUCKING LOSING TO THE 2ND WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE?! 0-1

Muldowney to DM, Parsons at MC and Hamilton in for Williams, who has completely cracked under the pressure of starting.

53 - ANOTHER FUCKING FLUKE GOAL?! YOU HAVE *GOT* TO BE SHITTING ME! 0-2

65 - Chinthengah is knocked. Rigged game is fucking rigged.

And oh look [b]Leeroy Chinthengah is out 4-5 weeks. EVERY FUCKING GAME IT HURTS ONE OF MY STARTERS FOR MULTIPLE WEEKS. FUCK YOU, FM! FUCK YOU UP THE GIANT ASS WITH FUCKING THORNY POGO STICK FOR YOUR RIGGING GAMES AND INJURING ALL MY PLAYERS

Old 08-26-2014, 12:35 AM   #210
Izulde
Head Coach

11th @Corby Town (10th)
D: Brian Haskins/Abs Wickenden/Andy Roberts/Taylor Hall
S: Matty Hamilton/Ciaran Williams

Going to run with a Counter strategy here since we're such big dogs.

29 - Why bother to clear out corners? They just get it back anyway and score 0-1

60 - Muldowney to DM, Parsons in. Stead for Hamilton at ST.

Our strikers continue to be major disappointments, even as our backline keeps playing well.

Current relegation candidates Retford United sign Jonno Loft away on $7.75k until the end of the season.

13th @Dunkirk (12th)
D: Brian Haskins/Abs Wickenden/Andy Roberts/Danny Brown
M: Gareth Muldowney/Sonny Egginton
S: Matty Hamilton/David Parsons

Again heavy dogs on the road, so again Counter. Going to try Parsons up front to see if that can enliven our moribund offense. Oh hey, look... Dunkirk is running the same formation we are.

14 - We should be able to switch to defending set pieces soon 0-1

23 - At least I was right about Parsons. He takes the pop pass from Futcher, dribbles until he's just on the box boundary, and then fires it in. Does me good to see an American succeed 1-1

38 - Futcher makes a great heading interception and later makes a pass to Parsons, who sends it just ahead of Hamilton. Our team captain who hates his job runs through the seam and hits an aerial ball outside the box that drops down and in to finally give him his first goal for us! 2-1

40 - First Mulvaney gives the ball away cheaply, killing an attack. Then he misses a tackle in the box that lets them answer back immediately. He's *really* struggled for us, and I think it's time he got benched 2-2

51 - Just keep giving up those corner goals, guys 2-3

60 - Muldowney to DM, Russell at MC and Hall in for Brown at DR.

72 - Switch to Attacking.

We really played well enough to win, but once again end up on the short end of the stick. V.V. frustrating.

Transfer In - ST Roger Horner (21) - From Boston Town
$3.8k a year, $120 Loyalty Bonus, signed through 2021. My assman gushed about the kid's potential, though he's not there yet (5 silver/5). Some intriguing ratings, though - 10 Determination, 10 Flair, 14 Influence, 10 Off Ball, 17 Teamwork, 13 Workrate, 10 Agility, 12 Pace... and he's the first player we've had whose best role is as Target Man. Matty Hamilton, who'd been playing there, had it as #3.

@Mossley (Northern League Challenge Cup 1st Round)
D: Mick Deakin/Abs Wickenden/Brian Haskins/Taylor Hall
DM: Sonny Egginton
M: Jimmy Wilcox/Brian Denton
AMC: Craig Russell
S: Matty Hamilton/David Parsons

I apologize for any errors in forgetting to note that Brian Haskins has been playing DL in Deakin's absence, with the switch now occurring. Obviously not much chance of a win here, but oh well. Remember, we lost to these guys in preseason on a 30 yard fluke goal, and that's with a stronger lineup than we have here.

Despite a couple efforts on their part, we hold them scoreless in the first half, so I'm going to try ambushing them with an Attack at the start of the second half.

55 - Awful pass by Egginton and we keep clearing it out right to them. Sure wish I knew how to stop that shit. Williams on for the now useless Parsons 0-1

62 - Another terrible pass by someone, and Haskins just stands there like a dipshit on the rebound, easy score for them 0-2

69 - We give up now 0-3

81 - I've noticed Hamilton has only scored in losses so far 1-3

And then it happens.

I just lost everything that happened in this update. So now what? Do I try and sign Roger Horner at the same time? Get him earlier? Obviously I have to accept the replay results (which may not be a bad thing).

Old 08-26-2014, 07:10 AM   #211
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear (read) that.

Btw, 3-6-1 was a bust. I did manage to do well with a 3-4-3 to get me in the blue square premier...but now I'm getting my tail kicked.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:49 PM   #212
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
Ugh, I'm sorry to hear (read) that.

Btw, 3-6-1 was a bust. I did manage to do well with a 3-4-3 to get me in the blue square premier...but now I'm getting my tail kicked.

Ouch. At least you moved up.