Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #2651
J23
College Benchwarmer

If Bug is good, it clearly gives us two wolves (Ef & Narc)
If EF is good, it clearly gives us 1 wolf (Bug)
If Narc is good, it clearly gives us 1 wolf (Bug)

None of them would fully clear anyone though. I think Bug dying was best for the team, even if he's the seer unfortunately.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #2652
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Of course we lynch EF he turns up bad and Bug is also bad, as I put out earlier, then where do we go? We have a seer that is bad but now in the COT. Unfortunately there is one role guaranteed to die every game. The seer. In this instance the seer has done all he can. Good or bad we need information that only his death can bring. Sucks but it is what it is.

I don't think there was much danger of Bug being in the CoT. In this game you can't put much weight in scans even with a good seer. But he would have been forced to keep giving us scans, which for a fake seer is a great way to out yourself.

I see your point, but I Think another approach is just to go by the evidence, and I think the evidence pointed stronger at EF than Bug. I'm going to buy Bug's scan over a reveal under pressure by EF.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:16 PM   #2653
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
If Bug is good, it clearly gives us two wolves (Ef & Narc)
If EF is good, it clearly gives us 1 wolf (Bug)
If Narc is good, it clearly gives us 1 wolf (Bug)

None of them would fully clear anyone though. I think Bug dying was best for the team, even if he's the seer unfortunately.

But all of them would have given us complete information. I understand my version of it was a poor idea, but Hoop's really came in with a revised version that got the ball rolling. Too bad he couldn't get the rest of ya on board.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:16 PM   #2654
MrBug708
Head Coach

Narc is bad. Book it
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #2655
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The day is infinitely long. Time has slowed to the crawl of a snail as you discuss the life of another. Words ring hollow in your ears. Many people begin shouting and accusing. Unlike yesterday, you don't calm down and regain your composure.

You just feed off each other.

Each of you becomes more and more nervous. Life is the greatest gift we have. It's precious. It's weight is worth a thousand planets of gold. There are two timeless truths to existence. Life dies. But life lives.

Despite your desire to fight against the passing of time, the day marches on, and it is time. It is time to take away a life. But life lives.

After your deliberations are complete, you settle on the Adept. We all know Magic corrupts and he could have been corrupted to the Red Death. It is time. But life lives.

MrBug708 stands and gathers himself calmly. Although a moment ago he was fighting with spit and fire, now that he has been selected, the calm of the grave passes over. There is nothing left but dignity. Nothing but life. Because life lives.

The Flame is summoned and the tall pillar stands ready to accept your chosen one. With only a moment's hesitation, the Adept walks into the fire. The Flames enwrap his body and his spirit is set free before being burned. He was a Lightbringer and the Adept. He has died. But life lives.

You have killed the best of yourselves.

Day Five has ended. Night Five has begun and will end at 5 pm Sunday EST.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-07-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #2656
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
But all of them would have given us complete information. I understand my version of it was a poor idea, but Hoop's really came in with a revised version that got the ball rolling. Too bad he couldn't get the rest of ya on board.

Killing all of them would have given us that, yes. But it only takes one item that manipulates votes to make us learn a heck of a lot less.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #2657
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I don't think there was much danger of Bug being in the CoT. In this game you can't put much weight in scans even with a good seer. But he would have been forced to keep giving us scans, which for a fake seer is a great way to out yourself.

I see your point, but I Think another approach is just to go by the evidence, and I think the evidence pointed stronger at EF than Bug. I'm going to buy Bug's scan over a reveal under pressure by EF.

The problem is he was not open with his scans when he led us to believe that the Jackal scan was night one. If it was night two the comments he made about Jackal were just speculation. Additionally he contemplated lying to us on a result.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #2658
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

That's right, if we just lynch everybody, we'll have all the answers!
Old 10-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #2659
MrBug708
Head Coach

Good luck!
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #2660
J23
College Benchwarmer

Well, that sucks. We know two wolves now though.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #2661
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Bah. See I told you guys we needed to lynch them all. Now we waste two more days killing the wolves. You failed me Hoops.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #2662
mckerney
Coordinator

I knew EF was lying. Sorry for not trusting you enough Bug.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #2663
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, we got 4 scans and two wolves out of the seer. I would be thrilled to be that successful every time out. Sorry to be on the wrong side of the vote today, but assuming nothing really odd the next couple of days we should be in a pretty good spot come Day 7 (4 Servants down, ??? to go).
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #2664
J23
College Benchwarmer

Sorry Bug, but you gave us 2 wolves w/ your death, so hopefully that puts us in a good position to close this game out.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #2665
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Bah. See I told you guys we needed to lynch them all. Now we waste two more days killing the wolves. You failed me Hoops.

We most likely never would have lynched them all though, only Bug as they would just use the +1 vote items on him.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #2666
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Old 10-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #2667
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm a little perplexed by Commo coming out of all of this - he has been particularly strident about Bug, to the point I thought there might have been some role information helping him over the past couple of days. But that clearly isn't the case with Bug dying as a villager.

Again, something I didn't mention in the thread prior to now because I wanted to try and protect someone from undue attention if they were a roled villager.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #2668
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
We most likely never would have lynched them all though, only Bug as they would just use the +1 vote items on him.

Even if they don't have an item to influence the vote, we'd be in the exact same position. Narc or EF could move their vote onto Bug just before deadline and we'd end up with a dead seer and two almost assured wolves.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:23 PM   #2669
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Due to the extended nature of this weekend's night, if everyone who has a night action pm's me, in their NA, this phrase:

Vote Dayfall

I will end the night early. However, I will still keep the Day Six deadline Monday Night at 10.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:23 PM   #2670
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Sorry Bug, but you gave us 2 wolves w/ your death, so hopefully that puts us in a good position to close this game out.

Agreed, sorry I was so adamant against you and you are out of the game now, but I just couldn't get over the strangeness of your actions and that is difficult because if you are a wolf everyone will be like oh hes always like that.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #2671
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm a little perplexed by Commo coming out of all of this - he has been particularly strident about Bug, to the point I thought there might have been some role information helping him over the past couple of days. But that clearly isn't the case with Bug dying as a villager.

Again, something I didn't mention in the thread prior to now because I wanted to try and protect someone from undue attention if they were a roled villager.

Of course, that worked out so well with Narcizo
Old 10-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #2672
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Due to the extended nature of this weekend's night, if everyone who has a night action pm's me, in their NA, this phrase:

Vote Dayfall

I will end the night early. However, I will still keep the Day Six deadline Monday Night at 10.

I assume this would include all players with items as well.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #2673
hoopsguy
General Manager

So we could try to set up a tie the next day between EF/Narcizo. If the wolves want to disrupt a potential tie, and pick who lives longer, more power to them I suppose.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #2674
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I think it would be fun to play a forum game of WW semi-live, with everyone gathered together for an evening, and Days lasting maybe 30 minutes and nights 15. A few hours later, game over!

Old 10-07-2011, 09:26 PM   #2675
Autumn
Head Coach

Damn. Great to have two wolves in our laps, but it would have been greater to kill one of them, and still have a seer tomorrow. Sorry Bug. I have to say you dug yourself a hole with some of your posts and choices. But I guess we should be used to that by now, villagers do the darndest things.

Thoughts on how many wolves left? Looks like we have four known. I can't believe all four would have been original in a game with conversions. So two or three original, one or two converts that we know about. Certainly couldn't be more than four converts, and I have to think four is too much. Probably none last night with the double kill. So worst case, three converts, three original, two more to go after EF and Narc. Best case, well I guess best case is no more after those two, which would mean three original and one convert (or two and two).
Old 10-07-2011, 09:27 PM   #2676
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I assume this would include all players with items as well.

If they want to move the item, then yes, but I'll assume that you won;t need to move the item, that's why I'm announcing it in the thread. I certainly would n't do it for a few hours midnight.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #2677
J23
College Benchwarmer

I think we'll have a lot better idea of their numbers once we string up EF and Narc to see if they were converts or original wolves. If they're both converts, I'd say we're likely near endgame. If they're originals, then the odds sure seems pretty rough if there are indeed conversions out there.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #2678
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So, in order to make sure we are clear:

If you have a role with a night action, when you send in an action, tell me "Vote dayfall" in bold.

If you just have an item, give me nothing if you don;t want ot pass. If you do, I need Vote Dayfall from you too.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:29 PM   #2679
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

No role, I was so strident about Bug because of how odd his behavior was in my eyes. I also wanted to question him hard to get answers from him. In the end sucks that he died, but we got two wolves out of the deal as our saving grace.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:29 PM   #2680
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
So we could try to set up a tie the next day between EF/Narcizo. If the wolves want to disrupt a potential tie, and pick who lives longer, more power to them I suppose.

This is a good idea. I know people are certain the wolves have the ability to add votes, but I don't see how that's a certain thing, so worth a shot.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:30 PM   #2681
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Great idea, this should also let us know which side has the wolf on it with the +1 item, if there is one.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #2682
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

I was surprised how strong he came on also. On the one hand, rather too strong for a wolf hoping to save his buddies. On the other, Commo is a new player and so maybe would do that. And on the third hand (sure why not), I thought Bug was acting weird too, so I could see where he was coming from.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #2683
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, well, I'm out. I will be pretty busy tomorrow but may get a chance to check in, we'll see. Have a good one guys.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #2684
Thomkal
Head Coach

well that sucks for you MrBug but it was always going to be hanging over your head that you had been corrupted or had the possibility of being corrupted. So while it might seem a win for the Servants now, I think its a bigger win for us Lightbringers in the long run.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #2685
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh also, if we have a lifegiver, dead seers are a hot commodity! Think about it!
Old 10-07-2011, 09:38 PM   #2686
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

I'm also out, sorry again Bug, we couldn't have asked for more from you however.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #2687
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

After we take out the two known wolves I'm setting my sights right at commo.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #2688
Thomkal
Head Coach

lets not be too hard on MrBug, it was his first time as seer-even if you've played a lot, its always a new experience when you get the role for the first time.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #2689
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
lets not be too hard on MrBug, it was his first time as seer-even if you've played a lot, its always a new experience when you get the role for the first time.

I don't blame him at all. He did everything he needed to but the rest of the village dropped the ball. I know I should have trusted him more and pushed harder on EF.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #2690
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I don't blame him at all. He did everything he needed to but the rest of the village dropped the ball. I know I should have trusted him more and pushed harder on EF.

That's easy for you to say because you happened to be right this time mckerney-you won't always be right. MrBug made some mistakes on his part that the Servants were able to capitalize on.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:21 PM   #2691
The Jackal
Coordinator

I believed you bug!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:42 PM   #2692
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Fools I told you eaglefan was a lier
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:06 AM   #2693
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I give up. I gave you bad information. I thought that it was bug that I submitted the order for on night 4 as I had planned but I forgot to change my earlier request to watch Narc.

I just saw 'he' mentioned in the PM and my mind read that as bug.

Sorry, I knew that I should have opted out of this game.

Narc will be getting my vote if I survive the next night phase.

Sorry for the poor play village. My brain has been elsewhere in this game.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:30 AM   #2694
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

lol
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:17 AM   #2695
The Jackal
Coordinator

Uhm, yeah. Narc's getting my vote first anyways, but that's gonna be a hard sell even if EF is telling the truth.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #2696
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I give up. I gave you bad information. I thought that it was bug that I submitted the order for on night 4 as I had planned but I forgot to change my earlier request to watch Narc.

I just saw 'he' mentioned in the PM and my mind read that as bug.

Sorry, I knew that I should have opted out of this game.

Narc will be getting my vote if I survive the next night phase.

Sorry for the poor play village. My brain has been elsewhere in this game.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:04 AM   #2697
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

:chortle:

That's right, full on chortle.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:33 AM   #2698
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
After we take out the two known wolves I'm setting my sights right at commo.

I can see why that would be, but it would be a waste. I'm not the only one that thought Bug could be bad and the vote on Bug was also to get more information, not like lynching him gave us nothing. If EF is telling the truth the only person that really looked good today was Bug, unfortunately he is now dead.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #2699
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
If EF is telling the truth the only person that really looked good today was Bug, unfortunately he is now dead.

Seriously? You are considering giving EF a pass here?
Old 10-08-2011, 11:35 AM   #2700
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Or were you just fishing for responses?