Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-10-2014, 01:06 AM   #151
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

12.3 @ PS KSB(1-2-3, 11th) Even-money favorites on the road, this is a big match for this early in the year, giving us a chance to put some distance between ourselves and a relegation competitor. They are interesting in that they sport a 3-4-3, a more aggressive formation than we've ever faced(Persemalra back in my first-division days had a 3-5-2, the only other team to go with three at the back).

GK: Syarif
D: Kombo/Muda/Saragih/Syawindra
M: Wahyono/Kirivutharo/Pradana
A: Sutanto/Bayhaqi/Bayu

On the road against such an attacking formation, a countering strategy suggests itself even more than usual.

6' -- Paragaye fires away from 35, nowhere near. It's been an up-and-down the pitch start but no real chances either way.

8' -- Syawindra takes an errant pass, brings it up the right, to Bayhaqi, into the area for Bayu who scores! And is called offsides. Disallowed. Again. I think we've had more goals disallowed this year than let stand. This one was too close to call.

13' -- After an exchange of turnovers Kombo brings it up the left, a few passes later Sutanto finds Pradana who hits Bayu and this one won't be waved off, went near post on an angled shot from the right close in. Good lead pass and Bayu was between defenders, not behind them this time. 1-0!

15' -- So they pressure us and we've got them defended pretty well. Then Lestalhu goes around Kombo, centering pass and Muda is there but it just rolls off him, we all stand around saying a collective 'duh' while Tantan steps up and smacks it in from just four yards away.

Silver platter. 1-1. Facepalm.

18' -- Hussain misses wildly from just outside.

19' -- We lose possession on the ensuing kick and they come back down on a well-executed counter, Paragaye open mid-area and easily scores in the right side. 1-2. Double facepalm. Scream. Swear. Useless.

They call him offside! Late call, and frankly a ridiculous one I don't think he was offside. But hey, we're still tied! Somehow. One disallowed each way, so ...

Nice interception by Kombo, better pass up ahead to Bayu but they force him wide and it's only a corner. Far post, they get to it first, we head back in but nothing doing.

20' -- Kombo crosses, Bayhaqi just inside the area with a defender on him but he wins the ball and fires one into the roof, right side! 2-1!! Crazy game already and it's not even at the quarter pole yet.

And we haven't taken a shot yet that didn't score. When was the last time we said that??

23' -- Great play by Bayhaqi to come upfield to get a loose ball as we nearly lose possession. Kirivutharo plays it back up, first-time pass by Pradana to Sutanto who fires from outside ... Firmansyah dives but misjudges it, over his arms and scores! 3-1!! What nonsense, and I'm loving it!!!

That's Sutanto's first goal of the year, hopefully it'll jumpstart him.

25' -- Paragaye with a crack as he crosses into the area, high and wide right.

27' -- They are throwing everything they have at us now, Husain close-in shot but a sharp angle from the right, and it's into the side.

31' -- Sutanto to Bayu, clear over the middle but fires from outside, probably a bit early. Saved and pushed wide. Heck of a corner, they clear initially, Pradana heads to Saragih at the far corner, he puts it towards the goal, crossangle, then Paragaye clears off the line for them. Great effort there though.

33' -- Paragaye angles into the area, some pressure from Syawindra but he shoots upstairs and Syarif has to block it.

34' -- Nice passing the other way, Bayu is wide and centers one to Pradana, beautiful touch shot that is crossangle, soft but no chance to get there as it's inside the left post. 4-1!!

They're bad on defense(12 goals allowed in 6 outings) but not THIS bad.

39' -- Absolutely stupid play. They go by Kombo who basically stands still, he's crossing with authority and defending like a turnstile today, the opposite of the usual. Hussain gets it at the corner of the area, doubled, center pass goes between defenders where there was just the tiniest crack. Syawindra can't quite get over to cover Tantan, goes crossangle, deflected by Syarif and behind ... off the bar ... loose rebound ... banged into the open net by Paragaye.

sigh. 4-2.

HT -- I'm tempted to do some get-experience subs but I wait, a three-goal lead maybe but it's only two now and they're dangerous with that many men forward as we've seen.

48' -- 30yd free is just high by Handoko.

58' -- Angled freekick is high by Bayhaqi.

59' -- Syawindra in on the right for a decent angled shot, just wide and into the side.

64' -- Clinical overpassing, than a shot from the edge by Sutanto is well off. Afafa in for Syarif, Sitanggang in for Kirivutharo, experience time.

68' -- Ridiculously open and horribly off shot by Bayu, mid-area on the right. That's more like what I expect from us.

75' -- After a number of undistinguished shots and offsides, they trip Bayu as Sutanto had him set up with a good run for what looked like a on-on-one, Erwin trips him as he's going into the area, blatant foul and it's called, red card! Freekick for Wahyono, it's a fair bit high.

79' -- Corner goes to Muda at the near post, a bit wide though and two men block him off.

85' -- Horrid kick by Afafa, Paragaye just has to put it over his head to the open goal, but the try is wide. That's why I can't keep him out there, he's just an idiot sometimes.

86' -- Paragaye again, just wide from 30.

FT -- Nothing in the second half, but not for lack of opportunities. They outshoot us 16-15 but we had better chances overall and finished better. Lots of corners too, just a very offensive game as expected. We win 4-2 on the strength of great early finishing while we were being outplayed. It's a win. I'd take a road win over preschoolers right now.

Pradana(goal, 2 ass) and Bayu(one of each) were particularly excellent. Meanwhile, Pro Duta FC and Perseba Super, the top two clubs in the table, both lost for the first time.
Brian Swartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:00 AM   #152
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

12.4 -- Indonesia loses 2-0 to Thailand in the AFF semis, getting just four shots on goal against the 134th-ranked side.

12.8 -- A 2-2 draw for Indonesia in the return leg against Thailand, a charitable result given a 13-3 shot disparity. 4-2 on aggregate, and Thailand moves on to the final.

12.10 vs. Pro Duta FC(4-2-1, 1st) The group leaders are even-money favorites, and are a repeat foe from last year when they started well also but finished middle of the table after a poor second half. We won and drew one last year, and I'd take either result on the road today.

D: Kombo/Muda/Prasetyo/Syawindra
M: Wahyono/Sitanggang/Pradana
A: Sutanto/Akbar/Yendra

Yogi is back from injury, so I'll sub him in if I can. Prasetyo starts over Saragih in defense just to shake things up as he's been very poor lately.

5' -- Kombo and Sutanto make key clearances on a dangerous corner.

6' -- Long freekick by Juanidi is well hit and dangerous, a leaping save by Syarif gets it though.

11' -- Wahyono up the middle to Akbar, he hits it too far ahead and the keeper comes out, little room to get it by and blocked by the body.

19' -- Long shot by Pradana, angled wide left and high. A few decent chances either way, pretty even match so far. Could definitely be worse.

20' -- Yellow card on Juanidi for diving.

26' -- We're on the attack but can't get through their defense, they counter to perfection and Masran hits one just inside the area, off the bar and in left corner. No chance there, and one has to admire that attack as a work of art. No blame, they just made a great play. 0-1

29' -- Another yellow on them(Anang, tripping us on the attack). Pradana shoots from 35, missing but not by much.

44' -- They've been in full control the last 15 minutes, Pradana chips from the edge, high. Would have liked to see us try for a better shot there.

45' -- Dangerous centering pass rolls through the box, Kombo clears. They hold it in and get a shot from 10 under some pressure, saved by Syarif.

HT -- Lots of players struggling, not sure how much of it is the quality of the opponent. Yogi on for Sutanto.

53' -- Long shot by Sitanggang, not enough on it to threaten and saved easily. Pro Duta has been in near-total control here since midway through the first half.

55' -- Similar to the play at the beginning, Akbar is loose in the area but doesn't control the ball well enough, tackled out for a corner. Pradana overshoots and it's out of play.

59' -- Pradana well wide on a long free. He's just been horrid today and Kirivutharo comes on.

62' -- Yogi up the middle to Akbar, defense is just good enough to block it as he couldn't quite get a clear look.

69' -- Yogi is hurt. That lasted long. Bayhaqi is in as our last sub.

72' -- Akbar has an ok shot, but finds Yendra at the left corner of the box ... blocked by Ibrahim! He's usually money with that kind of chance, and we needed this one.

They're closing up shop and just want to get out with their three points now.

77' -- Sitanggang centers for Bayhaqi, couldn't control the volley from the edge and it's way high.

80' -- Similar chance for Yendra, close but wide left.

86' -- Bayhaqi tripped and has to come off, we're now short a man.

89' -- Wahyono is hurt. What the heck is going on today??

91' -- Juanda volleys from the left side, scores but disallowed -- offside.

FT -- We lose 0-1, but had at least as many and as good of chances as they did, probably better despite losing possession 60-40 ... and it was worse than that most of the day. Not a bad match for us, they just made the one fine play and we didn't finish quality chances.

I tell them I'm pleased despite the score, and the whole team is now pissed at me. Fantastic. I do have words with Pradana over his performance. Everybody will be fine for the next match, a pleasing surprise after the way it looked like we couldn't run down the pitch without someone coming up lame there at the end.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:12 AM   #153
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

12.13 vs. Persidago(3-1-4, 7th) Even-money favorites in a rare second home contest in a row. Persidago broke a three-game skid by beating PS KSB(granted, no great feat there) last time out. Important that we get a result at home against a team like this.

GK: Afafa
D: Kombo/Muda/Saragih/Syawindra
M: Wahyono/Sitanggang/Pradana
A: Yendra/Bayu/Bayhaqi

2' -- Goalkick, Yendra heads one on to Bayu, he's a step ahead of their defense but crowded and is forced to take it out wide right. Pass to the trailer Pradana for an angled shot, off the bar and Yendra is there to put it in the open net! 1-0, now that's the way to start off boys!!

Saragih comes too far upfield and Tolinggi chips from just inside the area, Afafa just gets his fingers to it and knocks it away. Nearly an immediate equalizer.

12' -- Nice through ball by Syawindra, Bayu loses the battle with the defender for it in the area, and we get a corner. Cleared, Yendra with an angled try out left, left-footed and not much on it, saved.

24' -- I switch to counter, we're up and they're spending too much time on the attack.

25' -- Critical header by Syawindra at the far post to clear out a corner.

As so often happens with this group, we start playing better once we switch to counter. I don't really know why I ever try anything else.

35' -- Decent rush but all we get is a mid-area try by Bayu with a ton of traffic, no chance anything was getting through that. They try to come right back at us but a big header by Muda ends that thought.

39' -- Two man rush with one defender back, Bayu ... selfishly shoots and it's blocked. Pass the ball! Could have slid it left to Yendra who would have had a partially open net and much clearer look. Frustrating.

45' -- They form a wall at the edge as we attack. Yendra is blocked, we put it back in, cleared, again we push and Bayhaqi's 30-yarder comes tantalizingly close but high, looking for the left corner.

46' -- Long shot by Bayu, easily saved.

Freekick by Solikhin ends the half, dangerous but missed.

HT -- I like what I've seen the last 20 minutes, though an insurance goal would be really nice. Shots are 8-4 in our favor. Yogi in for Bayhaqi.

48' -- Great sliding tackle in defense by Sitanggang, beginning a fine rush in which we were repeatedly just one pass ahead of the defense. Yogi to [/b]Yendra[/b] on the last one, and he puts it past on the left side! 2-0, there's that goal I wanted!

50' -- Nice save on a shot from just outside by Afafa, one of the best plays I've seen from him. That's two today that he's kept out.

54' -- Shot by Bayu from outside, easy save.

65' -- Another pretty passing play, Yogi to Yendra to Bayu off a throw in, Bayuis free from 17 and scores easily. 3-0, and this is the best I've seen us look in terms of teamwork on the attack. We're playing the way I hoped we would at the beginning of the year today.

67' -- Angled shot by Yogi, well placed up high and almost scores, but they tip it. We nearly score on the corner, mad scramble in front but everything is deflected away.

76' -- A rare lost header as Solikhin beats Muda to a cross, Tolinggi has it inside the box but good patient and composed defense as Kombo and Saragih don't gamble on a penalty, they just slide in front of him and block the shot away.

80' -- Sutaji gets behind our defense with a near-perfect pass, fires just inside the area and misses wide left and high. That was their best chance yet.

86' -- Long shot by Bayu, a rocket but wide. Akbar's on for him.

90' -- Pradana threads the needle up the gut into the area, Akbar is covered pretty well by two defenders but takes the ball between them and blasts it into the right side! 4-0!!

FT -- 4-0, this game wasn't that one-sided but it was unquestionably our best of the year. 17-7 in shots, they missed their chances and we took more than enough of ours, and we got unexpectedly fine play from almost everywhere on the pitch.

Yendra's two goals and an assist make him the obvious player of the match. A subpar first half by Bayhaqi was the only negative today.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:15 AM   #154
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

12.13 -- Another 1.3B injected by the board.

CONTRACT RENEWALS

We have another match on New Year's Eve, but before we get to that it's time to stress myself out again.

Keepers

Dikri Afafa(21, 2.75M) -- I still like him as our backup keeper. Wants 3.25 but I manage to get him to sign off on another year at the same base, with a 5% raise next year.
TM Syarif(24, 3.75M) -- Unquestionably our best. Surprisingly, I'm able to talk him into a small reduction to 3.5M.
Roni Setia(20, 1.9M) -- I see no reason to bring him back at this point, with Afafa here he's redundant and not quite as good IMO. Time for Roni to seek other opportunities.

We'll save about 2M here.

Defense

Saragih(27, 2.5M) -- It's been a horrible year for him. I'd like him back but his role has been reduced, so the question is whether he's ready to accept that. He takes a slight pay reduction to 2.4M and is, deal.
Patay(31, 1.6M) -- He's been solid through four years here, but is purely an emergency player at this point and I'd like to see a younger guy in that role. We don't offer.
Prasetyo(28, 1.2M) -- Cheap as heck and versatile. He has no problem staying on in a purely backup role. I don't see us finding a better deal on an emergency player, and he takes another year at the same rate.
Syawindra(25, 3.5M) -- The new man at DR, he's pretty much all he's going to be but for this level that's pretty good. He's the best we have there by a fair margin. He's not totally sold on playing here yet though and wants some serious money. We settle at 4.5M, a considerable raise that makes him one of our highest-paid players. He's probably not quite worth it but it's not my money, and there's room in the budget.
Kiwak(22, 3.5M) -- The prima donna doesn't want a new offer and I wouldn't give him one if he did. He'll be joining the transfer list soon.
Kombo(21, 4M) -- Occasionally frustrating, sometimes brilliant, usually solid. With Kiwak flaking out this isn't a question. He'll get 4.25 and another 5% at the start of next year.
Permana(24, 3.25M) -- Hard to tell, since he hasn't played yet. So I go with what Bob says, which is that he's a little better than Muda, a lot better than anyone else. Sold. Another year at the same pay.
Muda(31, 2.5M) -- He's been lazy in training this year, and is at the end of his prime playing days. He wants the key player designation and I'm not ready to give him that yet, I really don't think he'll be worth it next year. We punt and decide to re-open negotations further on down the line. Don't know what'll happen with him, depends on how Permana plays to some extent.

3.5M saved.

Midfield

Kirivutharo(26, 2.2M) -- Very unimpressed so far. I see him as a sub going forward if we even keep him around. He wants key player status. Not happening, we'll talk more in the spring.
Yarangga(29, 2.75M) -- Declining quickly, and Bob wants me to terminate his contract. I'm not doing that, but I'm also not inviting him back. He was our pit bull for a few years, a solid possession midfielder when he wasn't being an idiot. That was then though, his time has passed.
Saputra(31, 1.7M) -- The only potential saving grace here is that Saputra is cheap. If he's willing to stay on in an emergency role, fine. If not ... He doesn't want to stay, saying he hates the club. Ok then, have fun buddy. He was an important part of the team for a couple of years.
Pradana(24, 3M) -- Good, and capable of getting a little better. Another year at the same wage, sign me up for that.
Sitanggang(20, 3.25M) -- Solid now, great future. Not sure if he wants to stay, if he does it'll be for a sizable raise to 4.25M. His ceiling and decent play so far say he's worth it.
Wahyono(24, 4M) -- The best piece of our young midfield. He's the biggest positive I've seen so far this year. 4.75M and a 10% raise at the end of the year will put him over 5M. Looks like he knows how much he's worth.

About 2.25M saved if we don't bring Kirivutharo back in.

Attackers

Yogi(32, 4.5M) -- It's the end of the road. He wants to stay but wants to be a key player. If he won't accept a lesser role I can't keep him around -- not worth it to do it even then but I would for the fans. We'll talk more later, but right now it looks like this era is over.
Bayhaqi(23, 4.5M) -- Our best corner taker and seems to overachieve fairly often, but isn't developing as well as we'd hoped. He hates it here and wants to leave. Ok, problem solved then.
Akbar(19, 4M) -- He's been decent when healthy, and is still enthusiastic about his future. So are we for the most part, but we need him to step up his game. He'll take another year at 4M, that works for me.
Sutanto(19, 3.5M) -- One goal this year in six appearances, but I'm starting to wonder if he's ever going to take the next step. Still a teenager though. He'll take a slight cut to 3.25M, getting some back with a 5% raise over the summer. Sure thing.
Bayu(24, 4.75M) -- Our top earner has 4 goals in 5 matches. Worth it. He'll take 4.5, a small pay cut. Deal.
Yendra(27, 6M) -- 5 goals in 6, yep I love this guy. No longer spazzing about the price. I'll spaz a little more now, after it takes 7.25M to get him to resign. That's the most I've ever paid anyone. He better keep putting the ball in the net ...

12.18 -- Agustibus Ainaga(PSS Sleman, promoted from First Division). Thought about him a year and a half ago, but needed to get multiple coverage players not one star. He's equal to Pradana/Wahyono, wants about 6-7M. Maybe over the summer as an upgrade ...

12.28 -- Sitanggang will have to sit ... pun intended ... our last contest of the calendar year out as he has the flu.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 08-12-2014 at 04:18 AM.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:01 AM   #155
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

12.31 @ Persepam(4-3-2, 2nd) -- Persepam are strong 2-5 favorites, and part of a group of five clubs that have been left in the dust by Pro Duta. Definitely will be a test to see if our recent resurgence is worth a darn. They play the 'V', which we have generally struggled against, and have won three straight.

Last year we each won one.

D: Kombo/Saragih/Muda/Syawindra
A: Sutanto/Yogi/Bayu

Permana isn't ready to start yet but I'll get him out there for some significant time if at all possible.

12' -- Close freekick by Yogi, nearly hit the right corner but a bit high and wide. They've controlled most of the action early but no shots.

17' -- 30-yd try by Irawan, doesn't even keep it in the box.

20' -- Freekick from the side and a corner go nowhere. Neither side is generating anything.

21' -- Horrible pass by Yogi, they intercept it and have a man open on the left, Syawindra had gone forward with the attack but we turned it over. Salinas is in the area on the left, goes cross-angle and the shot is too good, no chance for Syarif. 0-1

Bayhaqi replaces Yogi.

27' -- Lots of passing around, Bayu from 25 rifles one that's tipped by the keeper.

32' -- Hidayatullah hits a long one for them, high and wide.

39' -- Oh wow. Nice header at midfield, Bayhaqi holds it, then lofts a perfect pass into the area. Sutanto is there all alone, places a shot a foot left of the net. You simply cannot ask for a better chance, we needed the equalizer there.

HT -- Even match. Two good chances, the one they scored on which we handed them, and the one we didn't score on. Both created by us, and we trail 0-1 Permana in for Saragih.

49' -- Sutanto up the right side for Syawindra, centering pass is nice for Bayhaqi, he takes his time and puts it in, right side! 1-1, thought we were going to blow that but well done and we're even!

53' -- Long freekick by Salinas is wicked, dips after it passes the line but Syarif is there with the save.

55' -- Deep freekick by Pradana, Sutanto on a run to the far post, the keeper just tips it away, great attempt there.

57' -- Maliki fouls Bayhaqi and gets a yellow for his trouble just outside the area. Freekick chance ... and that's in the right corner!! Two for Bayhaqi, and we lead it 2-1!!!

64' -- They pass well on the counter, long angled by Hidayatullah had a chance but wide.

66' -- Similar shot for Kusuma on the right, also wide. They aren't getting great looks but are definitely pressing right now, dangerous time.

68' -- Corner goes to Johnson far post, a little far and his header is pushed wide. Another one dodged.

70' -- Another yellow card, this time they trip Pradana, which they've been doing all day but this time it's called.

74' -- Bayhaqi up the right, crosses for Bayu but two are right with him and we get only a corner out of it. Far post for Muda, but they get to it first.

76' -- Two huge tackles in as many minutes by Permana to break up attacks. This one comes back down, Bayhaqi splits the defenders who went too far wide, and he beats the keeper again over the right shoulder! 3-1, and that's a hat trick!!!

81' -- Salinas gets a lead pass behind Kombo, a great sliding tackle at the last second by ... Permana again. Yeah, I think I like this guy.

85' -- Prasetyo on for Bayu, we'll go 5-3-2 defensive and try to lock this down. A bad backpass by Pradana sets them up, but Fachrurrozi on the right has his angled shot blocked by Syarif.

92' -- Good look for Syawindra, far left.

FT -- This is a huge, huge 3-1 win on the road today. Makes me sad that Bayhaqi will be leaving us.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:30 PM   #156
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

JANUARY

An outstanding December with three wins and a loss may well have turned our season around.

Training Positives: Pradana, Permana(Tactics for each)
Negatives: Kiwak(Ball control)

Messi wins the World Golden Ball, while Eden Hazard is Player of the Year.

The board wishes to discuss contract renewal for me ... a new step in my job security as they have enough trust that it doesn't matter what happens second half of the year. I accept. They put forward a 1-year extension with a 750k raise, to 5.25M. 35% pay cut if relegated, 15% raise if promoted. I suggest making those 25% each, and they 'are happy to agree'.

The rest of the footballing world may still I think I suck, relatively speaking, but I've won over Persigubin. I sign the deal.

The board is absolutely delighted, but the fans don't like style of play or Yogi's performances. Deal.

Huge January upcoming, we have four league matches, three at home ... and five of eight will be away after that so we need to do well. Not to mention the Indonesian Cup Draw and two games for that.

STANDINGS

Pro Duta FC(20 pts, +5)
Persida(18 pts, +6)
PSBK(17 pts, +6)
Perseba Super(16 pts, +4)
Perseta(16 pts, -2)
Persigubin(15 pts, +5)
Persepam(15 pts, +4)
Persidago(13 pts, +3)
Persipro(12 pts, -2)
Persik Kendal(10 pts, -3)
PS KSB(6 pts, -10)
Persipur(5 pts, -16)

We're five points down from where I wanted to be at this stage, but we're right in the chaotic middle of the table. Ours is the most competitive group in the Premier so far this year: right now 21 points are needed to guarantee a spot in Second Phase, so we're six points off that pace. Not impossible if we keep playing well, but we certainly can't afford any blips. More realistic is that staying in the top half and a finish much like last years is quite doable. Our matches in January are not against any of the top clubs, another reason why we need to use this month to make up some ground.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:36 PM   #157
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

1.3 -- Indonesian Cup Draw. A bit later than usual, it's been at the end of December the previous three years. Whatever.

Before we get to that, Hendriko Kiwak wants to talk about why he hasn't been starting. Because you're a freaking drama queen! What I actually tell him though, is that I'm willing to give him a chance but he needs to work hard to stay there. He appreciates that and says he hopes I keep my word. Well, if he's willing to stop being a whiny brat, I can play him -- he has talent. It appears that after this meeting he no longer views me as the devil incarnate and might be willing to hang around after all. We'll see.

Back to the draw, we have our best shot at advancing yet with First-Division side PS Musi Banyuasin, currently 10th in their group, as our first-round opponent. We'll host them first in just under a week's time.

1.6 vs. Persik Kendal(2-4-4, 10th) We're comfortable 4-7 favorites in the first meeting between these two clubs. They're headed in the opposite direction we are, winless in their last four. Here's hoping inertia holds.

A: Bayhaqi/Akbar/Yendra

If we get up early, I'll get some key guys out quickly so they're ready for the Cup game in three days time.

2' -- We're on the attack a lot early, Syawindra puts a close shot, extreme angle into the side.

9' -- Cross by Kombo, nice header attempt by Akbar but saved.

13' -- Half volley by Akbar after a busted counter, angled shot is a little wide left.

20' -- They attack for once, Sehawan goes high on an angled shot, tipped over by Syarif. This is a tricky match, we're totally dominating but need to get on the board.

They get two corners out of it. Second one is headed out, back in, up in the air twice as a jump ball in front, and finally it's Pratama putting it in! I could just sense it coming. 0-1

27' -- Pratama is free in between defenders, good look from the edge but misses left. I pull the line back, we are too loose.

36' -- Long shot by Akbar is wide. We are not sharp in our passing on the counter, and it's costing us repeatedly.

39' -- Freekick by Wahyono is just wide left on a crossangle attempt.

43' -- Loose ball in the box, scramble for it, we can't get anything through.

HT -- The last ten minutes weren't great, but we controlled the rest except for that corner. 8-4 shots, 52% possession, yet we are still losing. Bayu on for Yendra, Patay for Syawindra, both have sucked. I tell them I expect a much better second half.

54' -- A chance to counter, Bayhaqi loose just inside the area, bad shot deflects off a couple bodies and goes nowhere. Sheesh.

59' -- Bad throw-in on their end, after a bit Wahyono lifts a pass into the area behind comatose defenders, Bayu rolls it in the right side of the net, and we're even at 1-1! That's not enough, but it's a start.

67' -- Long freekick by Syaputra, saved by Syarif. Their first shot in about 45 minutes.

70' -- Pratama from the edge, blocked by our defense, they feed it back into him in between players, free from maybe nine yards at most and he misses wide right. Heavens, that was a better look than we've had all day. Fortunate.

We're still controlling play but getting quite tired and it shows.

76' -- Wahyono takes the ball away from one player ... then another ... bounces off a third, dribbles past a fourth, free now into the area, fires a shot ... just wide right! That was the most amazing play I've seen until he didn't score.

FT -- That's it, we get nothing. A 1-1 draw at home against a cellar-dwelling team, that's just not good enough and I let em have it. 55% possession, 14-8 shots, and most of the day it wasn't that close.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:12 AM   #158
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

1.9 vs. PS Musi Banyuasin(Indonesian Cup, First Leg)

D: Kiwak/Saragih/Permana/Syawindra
M: Yarangga/Sitanggang/Saputra
A: Sutanto/Yogi/Yendra

The real question mark here is midfield, where the regular starters really went through the ringer in our last game and will rest. We're huge 1-4 favorites, and the fans expect a big win.

Physical play right out of the gate, as Sutanto(twice) and Syawindra both hit the deck in the opening minutes.

2' -- Long shot by Sutanto, floats it wide left.

7' -- Freekick from 30+, Yarangga puts it high.

12' -- Syawindra throws it in to Yendra, centers for Sutanto who fires from the edge ... diving save keeps it out, needed a little more mustard on that but not a bad shot.

36' -- Yogi gets a look just inside, doesn't fool anyone near post and saved. They are packing it in, and so far it's working.

45' -- Saputra with an angled shot, just high and wide.

HT -- 7-0 shots, they are getting no offense but that's not enough ... we need to score. I tell them to keep it up and we'll get the result. Wahyono on for Yarangga, Bayu for the struggling Yendra.

50' -- Syawindra crosses, bobbled by the keeper, Yogi is there but so is a defender. Half a step from a shot to an open goal, as it is we have a corner. Short post delivery by Yogi, perfectly timed run by Saragih is completely wide open, heads it in and that's just as good. 1-0, we finally get on the board!

54' -- A pair of long shots by Saputra, first one's blocked, second one on the volley saved.

62' -- Bayu puts a cross in front, Sutanto from inside the box, gimme here ... no it's saved! Great diving stop but he should have scored that, keeper guessed right.

We keep it in. Sutanto centers for Saputra, drives one just over.

73' -- Looping pass to Efendi, just behind the defense and in on the right side, goes high and Afafa tips it over. Close.

74' -- Nice pass across the field Yogi to Syawindra, he's in on the right and scores with a cross-angle shot! There's a 2-0 lead, which feels better.

75' -- Kameni goes by Syawindra, then drives it well high.

80' -- They miss a long header. Almost home.

88' -- Effendi up the left, somehow finds space between three defenders, diving save by Afafa!

90' -- Long shot by Yogi, blocked wide by the keeper.

91' -- Interception and immediate pass ahead by Wahyono, Bayu dribbles by the keeper on the left, but too sharp of an angle for the shot and off the post.

92' -- Long shot by Sutanto, good try but another diving save.

FT -- That's it. 22 shots, we score 2 with another 6 saved. Could have been better than 2-0, but that should be more than enough. We said that last year with the same score, but this is no SL side we'll be visiting to finish it off in a week's time.

Yogi's two assists make him the man of the hour. A whole 80 fans came out for this -- way to support the team people ...
Old 08-13-2014, 08:10 AM   #159
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

1.13 vs. Persipro(9th) -- We are big 1-3 favorites, but that didn't work so well in our last league match. All the more reason why we need a win today. We're 1-1-1 against them.

A: Bayhaqi/Akbar/Bayu

1' -- Cross by Syawindra for Akbar in the box is just a bit too far and grabbed by the keeper. Almost an early score.

4' -- Bayhaqi freekick curls into the right side, just beating a diving save attempt, and he does a handstand in celebration! 1-0

8'-- Bayhaqi up the middle for Bayu, tries to lob but it's too low and easily caught.

10' -- Another Bayhaqi freekick, this one's high.

12' -- Wahyono's turn from 30+, just over.

17' -- Kirivutharo feeds Bayhaqi mid-area, diving save keeps it out. Domination so far.

20' -- Akbar feeds a pass into the area, keeper and defender both hit it, neither grab it. A couple shots are blocked by traffic in the ensuing scramble before they clear. Complete luck that we didn't score again.

29' -- They clear a corner ... right to Saragih at the near post, and he bounces it off the keeper and in. 2-0 Patay in for Syawindra who's getting beat up today, we'll need him in the next one.

HT -- A whole lot of nothing the rest of the way, which is just fine by me. They've had nothing dangerous. I tell them they're doing great, and put Saputra in for Wahyono so he'll be fresher for the Cup.

48' -- Riyadi floats a close freekick, just over. Best chance they've had.

51' -- Near-post header for Ruda on a corner, should have scored but hits the bar. Kombo takes away the rebound and clears. Lucky there.

54' -- They hand it over at midfield, Akbar to Bayu to Bayhaqi and his shot from the edge is wide right.

64' -- 30 free by Bayhaqi, rainbow that comes down a bit too late, over.

70' -- We hold the ball on the attack for nearly a minute, longest buildup I've seen from us. At the end, Kirivutharo to Bayhaqi to Bayu free about ten yards out, easy score and it's 3-0!!

71' -- We fall completely asleep, Nurcahyo is free behind Muda, lead pass finds him and puts the shot just inside the right post, no chance. 3-1. Lazy, lazy, lazy.

Offsides called and it won't count. It was still lazy.

73' -- Long shot by Akbar, a hair high.

81' -- Close free by Akbar, rocketed high.

84' -- Kombo's tripped and hurt at midfield, Kiwak on for him.,

Bad shots both ways ensue.

91' -- Fading header by Susanto off a corner is no good. I don't like the way we've finished this off.

FT -- We were dowright sloppy after the third goal, but they don't capitalize and it's a 3-0 win. Only Iwan 'I like Bad Shots and I Cannot Lie' Akbar disappointed.

Our highest attendance of the year, 425. I can't figure out what makes them want to come.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:49 AM   #160
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

1.16 @ PS Musi Banyuasin(Indonesian Cup, Second Leg) 2-0 going in, we just need to not be horrible today. 2-5 favorites.

D: Kiwak/Permana/Muda/Syawindra
M: Wahyono/Sitanggang/Saputra
A: Yogi/Sutanto/Yendra

Rainy today, which I don't expect to help us.

3' -- Corner for them, and Ismail outjumps everyone including Kiwak right in the middle of the box for the header. 0-1 I am so pissed. Just like that, we're one goal from being tied on the aggregate.

5' -- Sopian up the left side for Wijaya, angled shot, Afafa is there, deflects off him and in!! 0-2! This isn't happening. Somebody tell me this isn't happening.

By the way, neither of those players had even scored before this entire season.

11' -- Sitanggang hits a long shot as the trailer, high.

16' -- Muda is a statue and Sopian behind him, into the area all alone, misses high and wide but should have scored another one. I'm disgusted, and switch to counter.

22' -- Yendra fires from just outside, man on him. Sukirawata has this one ... but it goes right through his hands! He just plain missed it as the ball went right directly above his head! 1-2 now on that gift.

27' -- Another fine Wahyono header, Yendra centers for Sutanto who shoots mid-area ... looks good but off the bar!

28' -- Nice interception by Syawindra, eventually a shot by Yendra from just outside results. Easily saved looper.

34' -- They try a 30yd prayer, not close.

37' -- Yendra in on the right side to Yogi, decent try but the angled shot is saved. Corner is floated to the far side where they punch it out.

40' -- Close shot from a sharp angle, Yogi gives it just a bit too much angle and it's wide left.

42' -- Sopian just dribbles by Muda, shot from the edge is high.

HT -- We're fortunate it isn't worse. Down 1-2, up 3-2 aggregate, we need a solid second half to barely advance. I tell t hem they need to do better. Afafa is stressed out so I put in Syarif. The whole defense is stinking it up, I wait and see on them.

47' -- Wahyono with a shot of his own from 25, puts it high.

49' -- They push it up the right and cross to Mahumudi at the corner of the box, angled shot is inside the left post and it's 1-3! Looked like that one was on Permana who was standing there taking pictures, but I'm so disgusted with the whole team right now.

Bob puts the blame on Kiwak for allowing such an easy cross in the first place. That's all I need, Kombo in.

66' -- Ball tackled loose in front, point-blank shot from an angle can't get around the keeper, and they clear.

70' -- Angled shot by Yogi, deflects off Yendra in front or it might have scored.

72' -- Nice interception by Kombo, Sutanto into Wahyono on the left side, chip shot ... just wide left.

80' -- Yendra slides one across to Yogi mid-area, scores just inside the right post! 2-3!. Pradana on for the exhausted Wahyono.

82' -- Yellow card for Rizal, who tripped Sutanto to stop us from building another counter.

Long chip by Saputra had the right idea, but wide left.

89' -- Turnovers both ways, then we get free with a counter, Yendra the final pass to Sutanto, alone in front mid-area ... horribly soft effort easily saved. That should have tied it up.

FT -- That's it! Extremely disappointing match here as we lose it 2-3, but that is enough to move on with a 4-3 aggregate. I manage to fire up half the team and piss off the other half in post-match. Mission accomplished I'd say.

Yendra is the player of the day with a goal and an assist. 49.4M is our prize money for the round, 20M more than the loser's money.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:35 PM   #161
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Our highest attendance of the year, 425. I can't figure out what makes them want to come.
The dancers?