Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-05-2020, 10:51 PM   #1
mac88
n00b

draft analyzer issue

hey guys, I'm getting an error when I upload the priority list created in draft analyzer to the draft utility.

I upload the csv and get the error that stats -- Unknown column '???' in 'order clause'

Does anyone have an idea what is happening? I have no idea. Thanks

mac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 12:40 PM   #2
finkellll
n00b

I'm assuming this is for WAFL draft conscriptor.

Its an error with the sql code not able to display the table. Might be a version issue, not sure what is causing it.

The players are getting added to your queue, conscriptor is failing to display the list. If you look at the players in the players tab, it still says "in your queue, priority #"

If anyone has run into this and can let us know how to fix the sql, any help is appreciated.
finkellll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 12:48 PM   #3
mac88
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkellll View Post
I'm assuming this is for WAFL draft conscriptor.

Its an error with the sql code not able to display the table. Might be a version issue, not sure what is causing it.

The players are getting added to your queue, conscriptor is failing to display the list. If you look at the players in the players tab, it still says "in your queue, priority #"

If anyone has run into this and can let us know how to fix the sql, any help is appreciated.

yes and yes! this is above my pay grade lol. Do you know how to wipe out the player que? If I could throw in a few guys around my draft pick that would be better then nothing. Thanks Finkell for describing the situation better than I could
mac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 04:25 PM   #4
finkellll
n00b

Since we can't see the queue we can't remove players. Hopefully this gets fixed so we can make adjustments
Old 12-06-2020, 11:43 AM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

sorry, probably not the right thread... trying to unearth this toy and see if I can get it to work more effectively for me

so, while we're chatting about the DA tool...

how do we best weight special teams?

my general thinking about special teams for a position like WR is something along these lines:

-for high end guys, I really don't want my receivers' value being tied up in special teams... i just assume I can get a return guy or a gunner elsewhere on the roster, so all things considered give me the 60/60 WR with KR/PR voids rather than the 60/60 guy with something there

-so, for the first couple rounds, i would want to weight PR/KR/ST at basically zero

-however, later in the draft, I think I'm interested in all those ratings... at various times i think i'd be perfectly fine getting a promising KR/PR or even a ST gunner with a late round pick, independent of any talent at all in catching the ball

-however, that interest really isn't linear... like, I'm really interested in a guy who projects at 100 at anything, and then somewhat interested in one or more such bars that project at, say, 80+... and then I give basically zero value to drafting a guy who might have a projected 50 at anything there

So... as nearly as I can tell, this combined POV is too nuanced to really jam into the Draft Analyzer. Anyone have a way to thread this sort of needle? Or am I basically on the right track by ignoring niche stuff like PR/KR/ST in my DA settings, and then just searching for standout guys manually in the Conscripticonnator?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 12:34 PM   #6
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

You can search for special-teams guys late in the draft directly in draft analyzer. Sort by bar. I find it easier than doing so in Conscriptor. And yes, if I get into the sixth or seventh round and my system says that all the starters are gone, I’m opening up Analyzer and sorting on the “stand alone” bars (PR/KR/ST/HR.)

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 12-06-2020 at 10:18 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 08:39 PM   #7
QuikSand
lolzcat

roger that, then i'm on the mark already, fair enough

(in that one respect)
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 02:10 PM   #8
finkellll
n00b

I have 2 similar but not exact DA settings that I use in GML because of how fast the draft moves: rds. 1-3 and rds. 4-7. I kick out a 100 man list from the 1st group of settings and use it for my 1st 3 picks. After my 3rd round pick I kick out a 100 man list from the 2nd group of settings and use it for the rest of the draft. I don't look at conscriptor at all, I let Jesus take the wheel when I'm on the clock since I tend to overthink and overanalyze when I manually pick. This allows me to weigh bars differently between projected starters and role players/backups.

The only way I can think of a tiered list is to build your own DA tool, maybe with a bunch of vlookups in excel or something

Quote:
I need to close all active windows within current Solidworks session and than re-open them

If this is an accident and not spam i recommend finding a CAD package forum, this is a pretend football game forum. I'm not familiar with solidworks, so I can't point you towards a specific forum, but I'm sure Dassault has a forum somewhere.

If this is spam, I recommend you stop being poor and get a real CAD package.

Last edited by finkellll : 12-09-2020 at 02:11 PM.