Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-29-2005, 02:42 PM   #1
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I HATE Customers

Sorry, need to vent a bit...

Got a call from some guy at a machine shop a few days ago. He needs some parts for a pump. We sell the same pump, but do not sell the parts. My boss quotes the guy a brand new pump gives the guy some information and goes on down the road.

So today, I get a call from the guy. Asking all these questions about why our dimensions (which are marked standard, individual installations will vary) are different. I explain that to him (read the fricking drawing moron), taking 20 minutes to explain why each application is different, and how he needs to ignore the drawing (since this is an existing installation). I tell him to just tell me what dimensions he needs it to be. After some bitching and moaning I get the information out of the guy.

Then, he asks for a quote on the pump by itself. Then he bitches that he got a price the other day for 33% less (basically our agricultural market price vs. our industrial price). I talk to my boss, find out he screwed up on the price, so I go back to the guy and I explain that my boss screwed up the price, and that his correct price is X. Then he bitches about the delivery of the pump. For crying out loud, no one keeps a 30' long x 20" diameter pump on the %#$%#! shelf! Not only that, but the last time they opted to have this pump repaired, they were going to buy a replacement at the same time so they'd have it and would not have any down time, but did they do it? No! And now they are complaining about the lead time!

ARGH!!!!!

I feel much better now!

Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 02:48 PM   #2
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

He hates you, it all evens out.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:58 PM   #3
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Hmmm... I need to make a note to stop buying US Motors!
Old 09-29-2005, 03:01 PM   #4
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer
Hmmm... I need to make a note to stop buying US Motors!

WAIT A MINUTE!!!

US Motors? Did you mention this before? You can't stop buying those, then you are effecting my job you bastard!
Old 09-29-2005, 03:05 PM   #5
Warhammer
Pro Starter

LOL! Get me a better price on them, then we'll talk.

Actually, I wish I could buy more of them, but we're being run through a distributor here in town, so we're paying about 10% more than what GE is charging us. The nice thing about USEM is their big distribution center is 15 minutes away from the office here.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:10 PM   #6
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
LOL! Get me a better price on them, then we'll talk.

Actually, I wish I could buy more of them, but we're being run through a distributor here in town, so we're paying about 10% more than what GE is charging us. The nice thing about USEM is their big distribution center is 15 minutes away from the office here.

Maybe I am confused about my own company, but how does GE get into this picture? USEM is owned by Emerson (formerly Emerson Electric), which is who I drive for.

But yeah, I deliver into the Southaven Distro-center all the time. We do most of USEM's loads. In fact, I am finally getting out to do some work this week in a couple hours and I am going to Laredo to pick up a USEM load for Mena, AR.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:37 PM   #7
Warhammer
Pro Starter

GE sells to us direct. USEM runs us through their local distributor who tacks on 15-20% to the motor before they sell to us. Since the motor is an add on for us, we wind up buying GE, even though we hate dealing with them, since we save anywhere from 10-20% per motor.

Actually the place I was thinking of was the MIAC center off of Winchester, or has USEM moved into Southaven now?
Old 09-29-2005, 03:44 PM   #8
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
GE sells to us direct. USEM runs us through their local distributor who tacks on 15-20% to the motor before they sell to us. Since the motor is an add on for us, we wind up buying GE, even though we hate dealing with them, since we save anywhere from 10-20% per motor.

Actually the place I was thinking of was the MIAC center off of Winchester, or has USEM moved into Southaven now?

Ah, GE comes in as the competitor. I see. Evil doers they are!

Anyways, I know I deliver to Southaven, and have for a couple years now. Maybe they still have the place in town but I am not sure since we don't go there any more.

Small world sometimes though.