Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #1451
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

FINALE ROUND FOUR

Bulletsponge has gaine dthe upperhand now!

With Autumn on the ground, bullet executes a sumo stomp on Autumn's groin! That's illegal! The fans cringe in pain, and the Warlord's GF somewhere whimpers.

Autumn is doubled over in obvious agony. bulletsponge leers him out from above as he plans his next move.

That would prove to be a mistake. Autumn suddenly lashes out with an uppercut to bulletsponge's throat! Ooh a hit! bulletsponge grabs at his throat as he stumbles back, gasping!

This fight is far from over!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #1452
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, I knew my cunning disguise wouldn't last very long after that night, because I wasn't killed. I thought I had a good excuse for one night at least, because of the last minute vote, Julio coming after me, and the fear that the BG would guard me. But I didn't end up arguing that hard since I wanted them to suspect me.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #1453
Autumn
Head Coach

You had your shot, Barbarian. You failed.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #1454
Autumn
Head Coach

This is what I'm planning for you.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #1455
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

FINALE ROUND FIVE

Both wrestlers are near the end, but unfortunately for Autumn, the hit and bulletsponge's illegal move has moved him to Finishable!

bulletsponge shakes his head to eliminate the pain in his throat and he stumbles abck toward Autumn, who has still not been able to get up from buleltsponge's painful low blow.

bulletsponge grabs his tag team partner, and he holds him up. He puts his hand on Autumn's shoulder, and he says, "Sorry, brother. Someone must win."

With that, he crouches down, and reaches through Autumn's legs and catches him up in a huge lift to his shoulders! And then, balanced like a T on his chest, bulletsponge starts to spin, with Autumn struggling to escape his embrace. Oh wow, it's an airplane spin! Faster and faster they turn! Autumn is helpless and dizzy! All of sudden, bulletsponge swings around one last time and throws Autumn to the ground! He crashes to the mat with a loud thud! Ohh! That had to hurt!

Autumn is down. He is not moving!

bulletsponge reaches down and lifts Autumn back him up, and ever so slowly, walks him over to the ropes and over.

The Warlord (Autumn) has been eliminated!

The BARBARIAN (BULLETSPONGE) IS THE ROYAL RUMBLE CHAMPION!

Congratulations to Bulletsponge on the Royal Rumble Title!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #1456
Autumn
Head Coach

Boo!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #1457
Autumn
Head Coach

Impossible. Where's the ref?
Old 02-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #1458
Autumn
Head Coach

You're off the team, Barbarian!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #1459
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Thanks everyone for a well played game. It was a lot of fun to run. I'm sure there have been and will continue to be questions, so I will attempt to answer them as best as I can.

This was a great game for the wolves, but it's amazing how a decision here or a vote there would have made a huge difference. It was much closer than it ended up seeming. The village was a bit unlucky.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #1460
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Thanks for the game Chief, was fun to play again.

See you guys in another year and a half

Thanks Lathum. Hope you're wrong, though, about how long you will be away!

Old 02-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #1461
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
No, I was saying that you're very tough to play against. So can't stand it in the good way.

He's right on. Heck, Lathum, you and I have butted heads before, too, and that's because it's just incredibly tough playing against you. Even as a fellow villager, lol. You're also hard to read, because you pretty much play the same ballsy style whether you're a wolf or a villager. But it's hard to get you nightkilled as a wolf because you always seem to be about to get lynched!

Old 02-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #1462
path12
Coordinator

I figured who the wolves were since Chubby and I were the only generics left but I had no idea who was the brutal. There was no way to prove anything so all I could do was try to get murrayyyyy finishable in the ring and vote with the CoT.

If murrayyyyy would have been taken out in the ring would he still have taken someone with him?
Old 02-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #1463
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, poor Saldana. I felt kind of bad for him. I really lucked into him having to reveal, and then egged him on a bit to make sure he'd scan me.

It was actually worse for saldana than it seemed, although I am not sure how to fight it.

saldana revealed because murrayyyyy's vote count had the count wrong, with saldana up 5-2 instead of 4-3 or 4-2 or something like that. I believe it was completely a mistake by murrayyyyy, who was honestly trying to put together a vote count and just missed one vote change, but the fact murrayyyyy ends up a wolf doesn't make it any better.

Maybe saldana would have needeed to reveal anyway to save himself, but the fact that he revealed as a result of murrayyyyy's bad vote count on Day Two made me feel awful about that. I wish I had more time to do a proper count myself, but by then I was at work for the night (that was last Friday night).

Old 02-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #1464
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't think so, and that was another slip-up of ours, having him attack the other day and get injured. Luckily he was able to heal, but we shouldn't have let him become a target in the ring.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #1465
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

It was a trip to play in a game where Lathum trusted me completely from the start.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #1466
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
One of the 2 times we had PMs going crazy was that night. The other was last night when the pack turned on Brit and we kept arguing over not switching votes.

Does Chief have some special 500 PM box? I was deleting mine way too often.

Yeah, you wolves were driving me nuts. I had to clear my PM box every day, sometimes multiple times, especially if I knew I would have to be away.

Everyone here knows how much Autumn posts in thread. I think he PMs even more. And murrayyyyy was matching him. Heck bullet and brit were PMing a lot, too.

In fact, I was kinda stunned the village didn't pick up on bullet posting more than he usually does. Sure, it would have been meta reasons, but it would be hard to ignore that bullet probably had more posts in this game than he did in his last 5-10 games combined.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #1467
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks for the game Chief. I didn't make my fighter too well it seemed, so after my first poor experience, I just backed off that aspect of the game the rest of the time.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #1468
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I couldn't remember the last time bulletsponge played in a game. I think I only played with him once before.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #1469
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, I knew my cunning disguise wouldn't last very long after that night, because I wasn't killed. I thought I had a good excuse for one night at least, because of the last minute vote, Julio coming after me, and the fear that the BG would guard me. But I didn't end up arguing that hard since I wanted them to suspect me.

I pointed this out to Danny last night in PM.

Two nights ago, Julio pointed out that Autumn and murrayyyyy both attempted to Finish the professed Duke in Suicane.

And then Julio was nightkilled!

While I am pretty sure the wolves made their Nightkill decision before his post, it was still a pretty huge clue. I was surprised no one picked up on that after Julio was killed off.

I mean, it was literally his last post before getting killed and was only a handful of posts above my night pahse post killing him.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #1470
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I figured who the wolves were since Chubby and I were the only generics left but I had no idea who was the brutal. There was no way to prove anything so all I could do was try to get murrayyyyy finishable in the ring and vote with the CoT.

If murrayyyyy would have been taken out in the ring would he still have taken someone with him?

No. He was brutal by lynch only.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #1471
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
It was actually worse for saldana than it seemed, although I am not sure how to fight it.

saldana revealed because murrayyyyy's vote count had the count wrong, with saldana up 5-2 instead of 4-3 or 4-2 or something like that. I believe it was completely a mistake by murrayyyyy, who was honestly trying to put together a vote count and just missed one vote change, but the fact murrayyyyy ends up a wolf doesn't make it any better.

Maybe saldana would have needeed to reveal anyway to save himself, but the fact that he revealed as a result of murrayyyyy's bad vote count on Day Two made me feel awful about that. I wish I had more time to do a proper count myself, but by then I was at work for the night (that was last Friday night).

Yeah, it was a mistake. I felt horrible and figured it meant I was dead next. I put the names in alphabetical order and saw the S and posted because votes were coming too fast. I didn't want to win the game like that. I soon learned that keeping score sucks and putting moving names in alphabetical order while doing it is stupid...
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #1472
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I don't think so, that's why I went aggressive defense and hid in the corner.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #1473
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Thanks for the game Chief. I didn't make my fighter too well it seemed, so after my first poor experience, I just backed off that aspect of the game the rest of the time.

That's understandable. You weren't the only one.

If there is one thing I can say about the wrestling aspect of it, I think the village really could have used that part of the game to help them target individuals and eliminate candidates better, if they coordinated.

I know that's hard to do in WW, though, where you suspect everyone else of being a wolf.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #1474
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I couldn't remember the last time bulletsponge played in a game. I think I only played with him once before.

Yeah, this might be a case where most of WW is now new blood and didn't know. Lathum and saldana might have picked up on it. They are old school like me. But, yeah, most of the rest of you really started playing after bulletsponge only played occasionally.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #1475
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Two nights ago, Julio pointed out that Autumn and murrayyyyy both attempted to Finish the professed Duke in Suicane.

While I am pretty sure the wolves made their Nightkill decision before his post, it was still a pretty huge clue. I was surprised no one picked up on that after Julio was killed off.

I mean, it was literally his last post before getting killed and was only a handful of posts above my night pahse post killing him.

Yeah, we turned in the vote almost pretty quick that night (we only had one night we debated and waited for the morning to seal it). And then he posted in the middle of the night (like 4 AM for me). That morning we decided to all fight each other in the ring hoping to make everyone think we weren't the wolves.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #1476
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, it was a mistake. I felt horrible and figured it meant I was dead next. I put the names in alphabetical order and saw the S and posted because votes were coming too fast. I didn't want to win the game like that. I soon learned that keeping score sucks and putting moving names in alphabetical order while doing it is stupid...

Don't feel too bad. It was just an unlucky circumstance. And saldana really was in danger--he might have needed to reveal anyway.

If I for a second thought it was intentional, I would have done something about it, but I knew it wasn't. Just an accident.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #1477
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
In fact, I was kinda stunned the village didn't pick up on bullet posting more than he usually does. Sure, it would have been meta reasons, but it would be hard to ignore that bullet probably had more posts in this game than he did in his last 5-10 games combined.

After bullet called me out for not being around yesterday I looked at the post counts and had a moment of "he's got 99 posts in this game????"
Old 02-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #1478
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

If I were to run this again, I think I would make the village team a little stronger, and the wolf team weaker. I would probably lose the Cunning role, and maybe add a villager role. As it stood, I think the wolves were a touch too strong in the rule set.

Also, I would adjust the fighting to have less HPs and make it easier to get a wrestler to Finishable. I think if we started having Finishable wrestlers by Day Two or Three, it would have been an even crazier game.

I would also consider running fight results three hours earlier than the lynch deadline.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #1479
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
After bullet called me out for not being around yesterday I looked at the post counts and had a moment of "he's got 99 posts in this game????"

I know, right?

bullet, please continue to post more in games. You're a lot more fun to play with when you post a lot, instead of becoming the quintessential "UTR wolf" target.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #1480
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
If I were to run this again, I think I would make the village team a little stronger, and the wolf team weaker. I would probably lose the Cunning role, and maybe add a villager role. As it stood, I think the wolves were a touch too strong in the rule set.

Also, I would adjust the fighting to have less HPs and make it easier to get a wrestler to Finishable. I think if we started having Finishable wrestlers by Day Two or Three, it would have been an even crazier game.

I would also consider running fight results three hours earlier than the lynch deadline.

I never understood why the village didn't fight more. They only have 2 chances to get rid of someone while the wolves had 3 every night. After 2 nights of taking one of their own I figured everyone would be attacking day 3. I figured a 6-0 hole would be enough to have everyone going on the offensive. Lathum was the only one who really did.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #1481
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Oh and one more question since I'm new to this. Why is there no penalty for not voting? If I was a wolf, why would I vote the first/second day if I didn't need to?
Old 02-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #1482
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh and one more question since I'm new to this. Why is there no penalty for not voting? If I was a wolf, why would I vote the first/second day if I didn't need to?

The penalty is that, whichever team you're on, you're not having a say in where that vote ends up, and most of these votes end up where one vote really makes a difference.

Plus, if you don't vote, you will usually get targeted by the village as UTR or at least not helpful to the village and thus expendable. That alone can put you on the block in a game, especially early when there is not much else to go on.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #1483
Danny
Head Coach

And Andre the Giant re-enters the ring!

And he slams down Bullet and becomes the ROYAL RUMBLE CHAMPION!!!!!!

Quote:
FINALE ROUND FIVE

Both wrestlers are near the end, but unfortunately for Autumn, the hit and bulletsponge's illegal move has moved him to Finishable!

bulletsponge shakes his head to eliminate the pain in his throat and he stumbles abck toward Autumn, who has still not been able to get up from buleltsponge's painful low blow.

bulletsponge grabs his tag team partner, and he holds him up. He puts his hand on Autumn's shoulder, and he says, "Sorry, brother. Someone must win."

With that, he crouches down, and reaches through Autumn's legs and catches him up in a huge lift to his shoulders! And then, balanced like a T on his chest, bulletsponge starts to spin, with Autumn struggling to escape his embrace. Oh wow, it's an airplane spin! Faster and faster they turn! Autumn is helpless and dizzy! All of sudden, bulletsponge swings around one last time and throws Autumn to the ground! He crashes to the mat with a loud thud! Ohh! That had to hurt!

Autumn is down. He is not moving!

bulletsponge reaches down and lifts Autumn back him up, and ever so slowly, walks him over to the ropes and over.

The Warlord (Autumn) has been eliminated!

The BARBARIAN (BULLETSPONGE) IS THE ROYAL RUMBLE CHAMPION!

Congratulations to Bulletsponge on the Royal Rumble Title!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #1484
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
It was a trip to play in a game where Lathum trusted me completely from the start.

lol, whats funny is I actually PMed Chief to make sure there was no way you could be a wolf
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #1485
Danny
Head Coach

good game wolves, glad you brought it home!

I was a little worried after last nights lynch. FWIW, if Saldana had not revealed as the seer d2 and I lived to N3 I was going to come out as the seer having scanned suicane as a villeger night 1 and Jag as a wolf night 2.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #1486
Danny
Head Coach

I felt it was very important to get some roles out early on in order to avoid a situation where you end up with just about everyone cleared.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #1487
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

If you miss 2 votes in a row I guarentee you will be lynched the 3rd day barring a seer scan or such...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #1488
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

No, I was aware of Julio's post. I was actually using that. I needed an excuse to be alive. I thought making an obvious frame-up would help me out. Why would the wolves leave me alive? Because if they killed Julio and made me look bad, right after Julio pointed out that I might be the cunning, I might be lynched.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #1489
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
lol, whats funny is I actually PMed Chief to make sure there was no way you could be a wolf

lol

If I had been a villager I would have been doing the same about you.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #1490
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I felt it was very important to get some roles out early on in order to avoid a situation where you end up with just about everyone cleared.

Yeah, I think we needed a counter-reveal to DT yesterday, but I had painted myself in a corner where it wouldn't have been believable. I think if Murray had waited until night deadline was over and revealed though, we would have either lynched the BG or hte brutal.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #1491
Autumn
Head Coach

I was surprised the village didn't fight more in the ring, also, early on. I could see where it would help the village to not fight at all until later in the game, but usually the villagers are all over stuff like this, bad for the village or not. It definitely left us wolves out in the open, because I had been expecting we'd be part of a crowd.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #1492
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

That's funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
good game wolves, glad you brought it home!

I was a little worried after last nights lynch. FWIW, if Saldana had not revealed as the seer d2 and I lived to N3 I was going to come out as the seer having scanned suicane as a villeger night 1 and Jag as a wolf night 2.

I was going to write something about how I still didn't trust you even with the scan and point out you could still be one of two evil roles, but I kept my mouth shut during the night phase, which ended up being a good idea.

Quote:
No, I was aware of Julio's post. I was actually using that. I needed an excuse to be alive. I thought making an obvious frame-up would help me out. Why would the wolves leave me alive? Because if they killed Julio and made me look bad, right after Julio pointed out that I might be the cunning, I might be lynched.

I can never tell how to read those situations. I find them to be a bit of a toss up.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #1493
Autumn
Head Coach

I must say, I think I've been cunning wolf more often than any other role in Werewolf. I seem to get it almost any time it's an option. But this may be the first time I actually got scanned, at least in a useful fashion. I think once I tried to get scanned but just got lynched instead.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #1494
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

THE CHAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
suck is Autumn! i hope your man region doesnt hurt too much...... ill take care of your girl till it does
Old 02-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #1495
Autumn
Head Coach

I suppose if we wanted to topple the WWF, making Barbarian the champ is a fitting way.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #1496
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Chief - I really don't think the game was tilted towards thye wolves at all. I felt is was a really balanced and fun game.

Autumn - the way you reacted when I got under your skin totally gave you away. I had supicions but was certain after that fwiw.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #1497
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, I was trying to give it away. I was hoping though that you'd think I was trying to steer you away from Murray, and so you'd go after Murray.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #1498
Autumn
Head Coach

I mean I knew nobody was going to vote for you or Path the last day. But I was hoping to sound desperate enough to move the vote from Murray, and looking like I'd rather move the vote anywhere else, that everyone would do the opposite.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #1499
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Maybe next time you won't lynch the Hulk next time you losers.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #1500
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

And Hulk Hogan re enters the ring and lifts Andre the giant into the air with his 24 inch pythons and throws him outta the ring. The true champion !!! Hulk Hogan! !!!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote