Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-28-2015, 06:19 PM   #301
britrock88
Pro Starter

That "okay" career of Tuggy is HOF-caliber.

Junior's coming along, too.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:09 AM   #302
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
That "okay" career of Tuggy is HOF-caliber.

Junior's coming along, too.

I think as the career progresses, I might feel differently, but some of the guys ahead of him are flat out eye popping. I'll have to make sure I show the coach leader board here at some point. I think win wise, tuggy holds his own, however he doesn't even make the top 50 win % wise, and he doesn't have many all americans or conf championships. His 1 title certainly is note worthy especially since I think there are only 2 other guys that have 1+ but it didn't feel like his career was noteworthy. That might just be because im too close to the situation though, which is where you saying that made me think about it.

Hopefully that feel will come with Jr here though in the future
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:13 AM   #303
muns
Pro Starter

We look good again this year. We are deep in the post, however im concerned about the guards. We aren't deep there and foul trouble could cripple some games for us this year.

We shall see
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13.jpg (277.3 KB, 42 views)
Old 03-29-2015, 08:26 AM   #304
muns
Pro Starter

We finish up 14-14 this year and 9-7 in conf. That was good for 2nd place. so im hoping we can make another run at the tourney this year.

Well that didn't happen, and we lost in the first round of the conf tourney. Im starting to have my doubts about really being able to turn the table here at Hawaii. there just isn't enough money to recruit where I want to be able to recruit.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:47 AM   #305
muns
Pro Starter

Recruiting came in at 76th in the nation and 2nd in the Big West.

our roster looks ok. I think talent wise we have taken a dip from the past 3 years as our guys are young again. hoping we can compete for the conf title again, but def not as excited about where we are like I have been the past few years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (281.5 KB, 43 views)
Old 03-29-2015, 09:36 AM   #306
muns
Pro Starter

Now this was a fun fun year for Tuggy Jr.

We didn't have the talent as we have had in the years past, however the conf was down, and we just played out of our mind out of conf. We beat Arizona, Temple, Oregon, Washington, San Diego and Marquette. Some decent teams there.

We finished up at 22-8 and 11-5 in conf, good enough for first place.
We won the first two games of our conf tourney easily, and which set up a matchup against the number 2 seed Cal Poly which we won 79-71.

I am still kind of in shock about how well this season turned out.

When looking at how that occurred. We score, rebound, play D and don't turn the ball over. We really look like a decent team Nationally. Funny how that worked out with less talent overall.

We will take it, and we are off to the big dance as the 13 seed. We take on the 4 seed Wake Forest Demon Deacons. They have 3 players, but nobody else. If we can somehow shut them down or at least hold them under their averages, we just might have a shot at this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (286.6 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by muns : 03-29-2015 at 09:41 AM.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:45 AM   #307
muns
Pro Starter

Well what can I say. We had a good run. Wake Forest beats us 85-78. Their bench stepped up and scored 33 of the 85 points. They did what they needed to do and I give them some credit. They also scored 28 points from the free throw line which sucked.

We out shot, out rebounded, and made them turn the ball over more. We could have won this game which is the stinky thing.

Overall though, Tuggy Jr cant complain about the season and is proud of the things that have been going on over the past 4 seasons here at Hawaii
Old 03-29-2015, 09:46 AM   #308
muns
Pro Starter

Tuggy Jr. was named conf coach of the year, and the good thing is that only one of our starters graduates. We are gonna have another real good shot at making some noise next year, which is always exciting
Old 03-29-2015, 09:55 AM   #309
muns
Pro Starter

Recruiting came in at 46th in the nation. Good enough for first in the Big West.

Tuggy Jr gets to upgrade himself this year which all goes to recruiting. He now is at 46, 100, 21, 33. That puts him at level 5 with 11 years of experience
Old 03-29-2015, 09:57 AM   #310
muns
Pro Starter

We keep losing assistants because I don't want to pay them. Nothing much I can do there. Need more money and the AD isn't ponying up much.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:09 AM   #311
muns
Pro Starter

We have 3 offers to hand out this year. Recruiting keeps getting better, so I expect it to keep creeping up there.

The roster looks ok. I like my Seniors, however, the young guys didn't develop like I was hoping. I still think we are gonna have a shot at the conf this year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10.jpg (281.6 KB, 42 views)
Old 03-29-2015, 10:22 AM   #312
muns
Pro Starter

The conf was tough this year and all those non conf games we wont last year....... Ya didn't happen this year.

We end up going 12-17 and 9-7 in conf which actually put us in 5th place.

We win the first round of the conf tourney but face the 1 seed in the 2nd round.

UPSET, we beat them 69-60........... wow, really really hoping to make the tourney again this year to keep up the work we have been doing.

Alas it was not meant to be. We lost to UC davis 64-54.

We end the season scratching our heads, and the seniors go out a frustrated group
Old 03-29-2015, 10:28 AM   #313
muns
Pro Starter

Recruiting comes in at 56th. Good for 2nd in the Big West. We also signed our first 4 star recruit at Hawaii, so that's a good thing.

Overall roster looks ok, pretty young, but exciting young to put a positive spin on it. Not expecting much though.

I am however irritated that the AD took 10 grand from the budget....

the cost of not winning last year def hurts

Last edited by muns : 03-29-2015 at 10:38 AM.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:38 PM   #314
muns
Pro Starter

This year actually ends up being a good year for us despite being young. We go 17-13 and 11-5 in conf which was good for first place.

Some of our young guards have grown up this year. We blow by the first two teams in the conf tourney and end up facing Cal State Northridge who got lucky to get in the final to begin with. I think we are gonna pull it off this year.

We do winning winning by 1 stinking point, 98-97. A win is a win in my book, and we are going back to the big dance.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:41 PM   #315
muns
Pro Starter

We are the 14th seed going up against Oklahoma State. I cant expect much because I don't think we should even be here, but hey im gonna take it. Keep raising that prestige level here.

Wow we pull an upset 79-76. Heck we were up 35-22 at half. Nice game for us. Ok State shot 35 threes that game making 11, so that's pretty much where they lost it.

Next up for us is the 6 seed southern Methodist. Hey we won a game and im happy to go home here. They are much more talented than we are.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:44 PM   #316
muns
Pro Starter

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!! Upset city!!!

We shoot out of our ever loving mind and move on to the sweet 16. That is freaking awesome right there. Loved the balanced attack we showed that game.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (310.9 KB, 43 views)
Old 03-29-2015, 12:46 PM   #317
muns
Pro Starter

Next up is #7 Wisconsin. We cant pull another one right? We are def this years fairy tale.

As I look at wisky they are tough as nails, just like real life this year. They took down UCLA last game by 14, so im not expecting much this game at all. I cant believe we have made it this far as the 14 seed. pretty darn cool if you ask me.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:48 PM   #318
muns
Pro Starter

lol and the dream stops there. They destroyed us by 32. That about shows you the difference of talent level as we come back down to earth from our shooting 52% last game. A dismal 23% this game.

We gave it a run and couldn't be happier about it. The budget needs to get upgraded though.........

There is always something to moan about
Old 03-29-2015, 12:51 PM   #319
muns
Pro Starter

Our recruiting class comes in at the 63rd in the nation. Good for 2nd place in the Big West. Honestly kind of disappointed Tuggy Jr. didn't win coach of the year in the conf. Would have loved the attribute bump
Old 03-29-2015, 01:00 PM   #320
muns
Pro Starter

Pacific has offered Tuggy Jr the head coaching position along with UC Santa Barbara. Apparently they got tired of Hawaii beating them down so they try to take an in conf coach. Smart move. However Pacific has a much better situation in terms of money and Prestige. They have 483K, Hawaii only has 307K and Pacifics Prestige is currently 69. That should put us right in the game to get some decent Cali kids.

Their roster sucks however. So there is a risk in getting fired here as they are used to winning, and they have by no means a winning roster. So we shall see how patient the AD is with me.

Pacific here we come
Old 04-03-2015, 12:03 PM   #321
muns
Pro Starter

im not even going to give you a pic of the roster that's how bad it looks. we have 5 yellow guys, so that's about what you need to know there.

Recruiting looks ok, but nothing special. We have 4 offers to hand out.

Think this is going to be a long year win-wise. Its more than likely going to take 4 years to turn this roster around.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:10 PM   #322
muns
Pro Starter

As I thought we were bad. We finish up 8-21 and 5-13 in the conf which put us in last place. Yippie. Looking forward to recruiting next year
Old 04-03-2015, 12:57 PM   #323
muns
Pro Starter

Our recruiting came in at 120th, however that was good for 6th in the west coast conf. That's not gonna get it done. But at least our roster is a bit better.

We have nobody that can score, so this year should be another bad year.

I how our freshman class looks though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (277.0 KB, 33 views)
Old 04-03-2015, 01:13 PM   #324
muns
Pro Starter

we do a little bit better this year but not by much. We go 11-18 and 7-11 in the West Coast Conference. That was good for 3rd to last.

Not being in last was a step up I guess. And as I write this we almost pull off a miracle and end up losing to Ganzaga in the title game by 2!!!!

We only had 1 offer to hand out this year and we made the most of it. We picked up All American Dan Rosser a 4 star guard from Salem High in Calii.
He is ranked 90th, and didn't start the AA game but did rack up 7 points in 15 mins. Hopefully he can come in and give us a huge boost right away
Old 04-03-2015, 01:16 PM   #325
muns
Pro Starter

BEYOND PISSED OFF that my AD cut my budget in half. So instead of having 20k to recruit with I have a whopping 11K. Not the year to be doing that to me buddy. 5 offers to hand out, and you give me that shit. Frustrating
Old 04-03-2015, 01:34 PM   #326
muns
Pro Starter

I like the way the roster is shaping up. Are we there yet, no, but our 2 sophmores already look good, and our freshman are going to get there.

Realistically, I think we be better, im hoping 500 in conference, however, not sure if that will happen. We are better, and we have some depth. I love our height, but we are young and im afraid that is going to hurt us.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (276.4 KB, 34 views)
Old 04-03-2015, 01:55 PM   #327
muns
Pro Starter

We had a great season so far. Finished up 17-13 overall and 13-5 in conf. That was good for 2nd place. On the conf tourney we go and our hopes for making the tourney are high. We have a decent shot at it this year honestly. we finished 1 game behind BYU this year and we beat them twice.

Lets him sim and see what happens
Old 04-03-2015, 01:59 PM   #328
muns
Pro Starter

It wasn't meant to be though, as San Diego takes us down in the 2nd round. Beat us soundly by 12 too. Disappointed, but I think it was a giant step in the right direction for us this year.

I think recruiting went well, so looking forward to seeing where we got ranked there. Hoping our AD gives us our money back. We could have had a hell of a class if I had the money this year. Thems the breaks though I guess
Old 04-03-2015, 02:02 PM   #329
muns
Pro Starter

71st in the nation and first in the WCC. I will def take that. Things are really looking up here. Some of the guys didn't turn out the way I wanted, however, still an ok class. picked up a 7'0 footer. Ill redshirt a few and get a balanced roster.

Looking forward to seeing how the roster shapes up after training camp.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (228.3 KB, 32 views)
Old 04-03-2015, 02:04 PM   #330
muns
Pro Starter

Jackass AD takes away another grand in recruiting. As much as I think I can do something really good here, it might be time to start looking when offers come up. I cant keep recruiting with 10K and expect to be good
Old 04-03-2015, 02:23 PM   #331
muns
Pro Starter

Think we should be able to compete for the conf title this year. Well that's my hope anyway.

We have some height, we have a shooter, we have some inside game, we can rebound and we are athletic as hell.

What we cant do is play any "D". hope that doesn't crush us.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (277.0 KB, 33 views)
Old 04-03-2015, 02:56 PM   #332
muns
Pro Starter

We ended up going 14-14 and 11-7 in conf. That is good for 3rd place. I think we are better than that, but we just didn't play like it this year
Old 04-03-2015, 03:01 PM   #333
muns
Pro Starter

This is the year we end up running through the conf tournament though!! We beat number 6 seed San Francisco, number 10 seed Portland, and then the 4 seed San Diego. We got lucky and played some inferior teams on the way to the big dance this year.

I could care less, we needed this, and ill take the upsets happening so that we can get there.

We are the 15th seed playing 2 seed LSU. LSU should demolish us and they do by beating us by 16.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:09 PM   #334
muns
Pro Starter

I hit the button to end the season and right off the bat California offers Tuggy Jr their head position and its an no brainer.

Better conference, better prestige, still in cali, a much better budget.

Their roster is ok, but I should be ok hopefully. Their AD wants to make a tourney. I don't think they are there yet, but I the last coach got 4 years to see if he could do it and failed. So 4 years it is.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:36 PM   #335
muns
Pro Starter

Roster is a little bit bare, but we are hoping within 4 years we will be right there with the big Dogs in the PAC 12.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (274.7 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by muns : 04-03-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:49 PM   #336
muns
Pro Starter

9-21 overall and 3-15 in the conf. This coach that got fired sure left an empty cupboard.

Luckily Tuggy Jr. knocked it out in recruiting this year.

2nd overall, but still 2nd in the conf. This conf in a few years should be winning a title. Goodness should this be a long haul upwards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (238.5 KB, 32 views)
Old 04-05-2015, 12:24 PM   #337
muns
Pro Starter

I need a break from my fucking group project that is due on easter, so tuggy jr's ride is gonna get an update.

So im pretty excited about the 3 freshman that im going to highlight in the next few posts. We aren't going to be good this year, but I think we have the chance to improve faster than usual if we keep landing studs like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (272.0 KB, 28 views)
Old 04-05-2015, 12:25 PM   #338
muns
Pro Starter

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (271.7 KB, 30 views)
Old 04-05-2015, 12:27 PM   #339
muns
Pro Starter

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (273.7 KB, 29 views)
Old 04-05-2015, 12:30 PM   #340
muns
Pro Starter

Deprince will be the only one of the 3 starting (tough not to like him), but the other 2 will be 6 and 7 coming off of the bench.

We should struggle this year. We just don't have enough talent to compete in the conference, but I think if the freshman get some good mins in and improve, then realistically I think by junior year we should be in the middle of the pac-12
Old 04-05-2015, 12:46 PM   #341
muns
Pro Starter

We finish up the season at 6-23 and 2-16. Surprisingly Washington State finished up BEHIND us in the standings conf wise.

Nothing positive about this season except Deprince and Sack both made the Freshman teams. Deprince actually averaged 14.9 points a game as a freshman. Not too shabby.

Recruiting went nicely this year. Came in at 11th this year, but 3rd in conf. Just gotta keep bringing in the talent to get this win total up before I get canned.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:10 PM   #342
muns
Pro Starter

loving the roster this year. I think we make some noise a year earlier than I thought, which should make my AD happy.

Recruiting and training camps have been good to Tuggy Jr.

Who knows maybe Cali can become a power here in a few short years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (280.9 KB, 28 views)
Old 04-05-2015, 01:14 PM   #343
muns
Pro Starter

First time Cal has been ranked in a top 25 in a long long time.

I expect us to be decent, but we are still so so so young.

We start 2 Seniors, 2 Freshman and a Sophmore. First 3 off the bench are 2 sophmores and a freshman.

Should be an interesting season.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (270.6 KB, 28 views)
Old 04-05-2015, 01:28 PM   #344
muns
Pro Starter

We finish up 10-18 and 7-10 in conf. Disappointed because of the top 25 ranking at the beginning of the year, but we improved, and next year should be the year we make a tourney (hopefully)

Recruiting was good, but I went for the top class, and paid for it. Only landed 3 recruits instead of 4. Still the ranking came in at 12th nationally which was only good for 3rd place in the conf.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:01 PM   #345
muns
Pro Starter

We are ranked 7th this year to start the season. I don't think we are that good, but i'm hoping this is the year we make our move.

Roster looks solid. We could use some more ball handlers and some defense, but we have everything else.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (276.9 KB, 27 views)
Old 04-05-2015, 02:21 PM   #346
muns
Pro Starter

Had an ok season. Went 13-18 and 8-10 in conf. Ended up getting on a roll and winning the PAC-10 title and made the tourney. Lost in the play in game to Indiana by 24 though so that ends the season. It wasn't surprising that we didn't win a ton of games. Our OOC schedule was crazy hard, couple that with what we have to go through in conf and it is what it is. We went 8-12 against the top 50 and 0-4 with 50-100. Our RPI with that record was 24. The Ad needs to learn to schedule better. We don't need the OOC schedule that we had.

Recruiting wasn't all that special. We landed 4 but only 1 four star kid and three three stars. The potentials were all good though. Our class ended up being ranked 19th which was 2nd in the conf. Im thinking cali had a down year in talent which was why there was a drop off in recruiting. Only one of the Pac-10 was in the top 5. A few years ago three schools had spots 1-3 on the recruiting list.

Last edited by muns : 04-05-2015 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:25 PM   #347
muns
Pro Starter

Gonna get back to my damn group project
Old 04-11-2015, 08:26 AM   #348
muns
Pro Starter

lol after two straight years of just being average Tuggy Jr gets fired at California, and there is where Im going to end the journey.

It was a justified firing as I just couldn't make it over the hump in conf play with the classes I was bringing in.

One of the many reasons why I love this game. Even when you know what you are doing, the ball just always doesn't bounce your way. Keeps it fun and interesting!
Old 04-11-2015, 12:03 PM   #349
britrock88
Pro Starter

2 years! That's a short leash.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 12:19 PM   #350
Comey
College Starter

I really enjoyed this. It finally got me writing again. Thank you.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote