Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-10-2015, 03:54 AM   #1
Raven
College Prospect

Building a Strat-O-Matic Dynasty

Note: I am writing this retroactively. I joined this league at the beginning of 2013, but didn't start writing until March of 2015. While I have a lot of information documented from the past 2 years, there will be some details missing until I catch up. (e.g. I won't know what Standings were at different points in time, but would know my own record and end of season standings) Once I catch up to the present, I plan on writing this in more detail; I'll focus more on individual games, decision making, and stats, as well.

History
Back in the summer of 2012, I went out on a limb and purchased Strat-O-Matic Baseball. I had never played the game before, but had been a long time baseball fanatic, stats junkie, and sim player. It had probably been 8-9 years since I left the RWBL (OOTP league formed here at FOFC), and hadn't played any sports sims since.

I enjoyed the game, but quickly realized that it would be hard to find people to play against. I soon found a local league that played out their games Face-to-Face with Cards and Dice, and inquired about joining. They had one opening, and two applicants. So they took a vote and decided to expand. I got the expansion team; the other guy got the open existing team.

The league previously had 14 teams in 2x7 division, but with expansion we went with a 3x5 structure.

My expansion team had already been pre-selected from the leftovers after the 2012 draft. It wasn't a whole lot to work with, and i'd basically be building this team up from scratch. There wouldn't just be the challenge of competing and building a winner, there'd also be the extra challenge of starting with very little to begin with.

Last edited by Raven : 03-18-2015 at 11:26 AM.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:16 AM   #2
Raven
College Prospect

The League & Rules
The League has 25 man keepers and no salaries. Each team picks a MLB team and plays in that team's ballpark, but also gets that MLB team's rookies at the end of the season. They League also holds a Waiver draft, and a 10 round draft after the Waiver draft.

Rookies
So if every team has 35 players at the conclusion of the season (they could have more or less, based on trades), each team then inherits their MLB team's rookies. A rookie must have 100 AB or 30 IP to be considered carded. If a rookie does not meet the minimum AB/IP, he is not eligible to be inherited, and the team would have to wait another year or more, until they are carded.

Cuts & Waiver Draft
Once each team inherits their rookies (usually giving them 40-45 players), they would then need to cut down to 25 keepers. All cut players, and ONLY the cut players, then enter the waiver draft.

The Waiver Draft is 2 rounds. The first round allows you to cut and pick up a single player, if you choose. All cut players enter the waiver draft immediately, and become eligible to be picked up on waivers by another team. The second round is the same, but allows you to cut/pick up multiple players.

The purpose of the Waiver Draft is to allow teams to fill some of their needs, without using their draft picks. But more so, it allows the bad teams to pick up a few guys that may have been the 26th or 27th best player on a good team, but better than one of the top 25 on their own team. The Waiver Draft is "slim pickins", but there are almost always a half dozen or so pickups. Usually these guys are role players, decent relievers, or guys coming off injuries.

Once the Waiver Draft is complete, every team still has just 25 players.

The Draft
The Draft is 10 rounds, with each team getting 1 pick per round. Draft picks are tradeable, and you can also trade Draft Picks for 2 years into the future. Generally, if a team trades away a draft pick, they almost always get a lower pick in return, but occasionally guys do make trades where they give up a pick and don't get one in return. In this case, the team not receiving a pick in return would get a pick in an 11th round, etc.

The Draft pool is composed of:
All players cut prior to the Waiver Draft that were not picked up on Waivers. All players cut during Rounds 1 and 2 of Waivers, that were not later picked.
All rookies from MLB teams not owned as an owner's "home" team.
All players not drafted the previous year. (breakout players, down years, injuries, etc).

Note - there are NO Free Agent pickups in the League. So if a player is not on a roster at the end of the draft, they will not be available until next year's draft (assuming they are carded the following year).

Last edited by Raven : 03-11-2015 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:32 AM   #3
Raven
College Prospect

At the end of the draft, but before the season begins, the Commissioner picks an expansion team from the available player pool, just in case the league expands. So my expansion team was pre-selected for me, after the 2012 league draft (and prior to the 2012 MLB season began), and based upon 2011 MLB stats.

This team was handed to me in January of 2013, so I'd have about two months to get acquainted with my team and make some moves before jumping into business with the Waiver draft and regular draft.

My Team
The first order of business for me would be to select a Home Team.
I narrowed my choices down to the Texas Rangers, the New York Mets, and the St Louis Cardinals.

Texas had Yu Darvish and some good prospects.
New York was loaded with young prospects - Harvey, Wheeler, etc
St Louis was also loaded with young talent - Wacha, Shelby Miller, Matt Carpenter, Joe Kelly, but most of all they had Oscar Taveras and history of churning out quality Major League talent.

I opted to go with St Louis.

Last edited by Raven : 03-18-2015 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:24 AM   #4
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Awesome. I'll be following along.

I really loved playing Strat for years...but got fed up with their business model changes and seriously poor customer support.

It's really cool you have a face to face group and 15 teams. I had a small face to face group years ago, but we could only manage 7 total teams.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:24 AM   #5
Raven
College Prospect

Thanks, Breeze!

I'm not a fan of their business model either. They're all about milking the customer for every penny, and they're technology looks like it's 15-20 years behind.

It's definitely a fun game though, despite its shortcomings.

Have you tried joining an online league? There are tons out there!
Old 03-10-2015, 11:05 AM   #6
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Thanks, Breeze!

I'm not a fan of their business model either. They're all about milking the customer for every penny, and they're technology looks like it's 15-20 years behind.

It's definitely a fun game though, despite its shortcomings.

Have you tried joining an online league? There are tons out there!

Yeah, did that for a while too, but so many have the ridiculous rules based on situation and what they want you to do that it becomes too much like work. Plus right now, most of my free time is spent running my kids back and forth to the pool. Maybe I'll get back into it once they start running themselves around.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:17 AM   #7
Raven
College Prospect

Before I jump into my team, I wanted to share some Strat basics, for anyone that may be unfamiliar with the game.

There are other things that I learned about the game, as I got more experienced, but I'll try to bring them up in the flow of this thread so I don't bog everything down with a bunch of rules before ever introducing any of the fun stuff.

Strat basics

Strat is intended to be a Replay league. Player cards are based on the previous year's statistics. So the 2013 card set, released in February 2013, is built upon the 2012 MLB statistics for each player.

The game also has 2 rule sets - Basic, Advanced and Super Advanced. My League uses the Super Advanced rules, and has some custom rules that they've integrated over the years.

Each player card has 2 sides. A Basic side, and an Advanced side. The Advanced side uses Left/Right splits, and the basic side does not.

Here are some examples of the Advanced side of cards. (Edit: Sorry, but this image was huge, so I'll instead just insert a URL)
http://www.strat-o-matic.com/sites/d...ct_full/S1.jpg

Besides L/R splits, each player also has ratings for a number of different categories.
Fielding:
Each player is issued a defensive rating for each position played the previous season. The defensive ratings are 1-5, with 1 being the best. Each player is also issues an error rating (e-rating). OF'ers are issued an arm (ranges from -5 thru +5, i believe). Catchers are also issued a Hold rating, an arm rating and a passed ball rating.

For IF's, the lower (better) the rating, the more Double Plays they can turn, and the less hits they surrender; they also force the lead runner more often on groundouts.

For OF's, the lower (better) the rating, the more easy outs they make (no sac fly/runner advance), and the less hits they surrender.

So JJ Hardy in the above picture has a 2e17 rating at SS. This means JJ is a Very good fielder, and would commit roughly 17 errors over the course of a season.

Fielding ratings are used anytime an "x-check" is rolled on a pitcher's card. So if a GB (ss) X is rolled on a pitcher's card, you'd refer to your SS fielding rating and the fielding chart.

Batters also have ratings at Stealing, Gettting Leads, Bunting, Hit&Run, and running.

Pitchers also have ratings at balk, wild pitch, Starter/Reliever/Closer rating, hold, bunting.

Rolling the Dice
The batting team rolls the die for each at bat. With nobody on based, they roll 3 6-sided die (2 of one color, 1 of another color). If the single die comes up on 1-3, the result is chosen from the Batting card. If the single die comes up 4-6, you refer to the pitchers card. You then add the result of the two remaining die to determine the results.

So if JJ Hardy came up to bat vs a RHP, and rolled a 2, and a 1 and 3. You refer to column 2, result 4 (2.4) in the right hand side of JJ's card. In this case a strikeout.

Sometimes you roll a split. So on Conor Jackson's card, if you rolled a 2.4, you'd see it says HR 1-7, DO 8-20. In this case, you'd then roll the 20d, and if it resulted in 1-7 it's a HR, and 8-20 is a double.

Last edited by Raven : 03-10-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:21 AM   #8
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
Yeah, did that for a while too, but so many have the ridiculous rules based on situation and what they want you to do that it becomes too much like work. Plus right now, most of my free time is spent running my kids back and forth to the pool. Maybe I'll get back into it once they start running themselves around.

Oh yeah. You could join a netplay league. Then you wouldn't need to set these settings, and instead manage the game vs your opponent online vs each other.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:47 AM   #9
Raven
College Prospect

2013 Season
I should first mention that our league plays 102 games. So our IP/AB are prorated * .6296 (102/162).

Unfortunately, I did not fully document the team that I inherited as the expansion team. The team was not very good, and was selected from the draft pool after everyone else had completed the 10 round draft. It's analogous to furnishing a home at the Good Will. Not much to choose from.

I received a 35 man team, plus the Cardinals rookies from 2012. Joe Kelly, Matt Carpenter and Shane Robinson were the only 3 Cardinals rookies I chose to keep. I was probably somewhere around 42 players at this point, but unfortunately I only have 21 of those names. (Regardless, they are insignificant, as they would later be cut).

At this point, the base of my roster looks something like this

Batter
Carpenter, Matt
Dunn, Adam
Ludwick, Ryan
McLouth, Nate
Franklin Gutierrez
Skip Schumaker
Adam LaRoche
Alex Rios
Shane Robinson
Brett Wallace

Pitcher

Buehrle, Mark
Hammel, Jason
Harang, Aaron
Kelly, Joe
Logan, Boone
Saunders, Joe
AJ Burnett
Chris Capuano
Joe Nathan
Matt Lindstrom
Jason Grilli

I received the team in January, so had about 6-7 weeks before the Waiver Draft. First order of business was to get to know the other owners, and start shopping around.

One thing about Strat is the L/R splits are everything. There are guys with only 150 ABs or so, but absolutely crush lefties. These guys have a good amount of value, despite being part-timers, because you can use the full 150 ABs vs lefties, as opposed to splitting the time 50/50 or 70/30, as they do in MLB. Also, with this being a 15 team league, each team is essentially like combining 2 MLB teams, and cutting the remaining 35 players.

These 2 factors combined make it really hard on left handed pitching. There are just so many batters that hit lefties well, that an average or slightly above average lefty is really bad in this kind of league.

Last edited by Raven : 03-10-2015 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:37 PM   #10
Raven
College Prospect

The rest of the League
I was a bit in the fog about the rest of the league, so will reveal things as I believe I learned about them.

D1
Boston
Atlanta
Philadelphia
Seattle
Toronto (has won multiple championships)

D2
Kansas City
Miami
Pittsburgh
San Diego (Commissioner, has won multiple championships)
San Francisco

D3
Baltimore
Colorado - new owner, experienced at Start. First year in the league
Oakland
St. Louis <--That's me.
Tampa Bay - absolutely loaded team, has been unlucky in the playoffs

Shaping up my Roster
There were certain positions I was desperately lacking at. Particularly up the middle - C, SS and CF were all very weak, and I still needed a 3B.
At this point my depth chart would probably look something like this...
C ?
1B Adam LaRoche
2B Matt Carpenter (but not enough ABs to play full time)
SS ?
3B ?
LF Nate McLouth/Adam Ludwick
CF Franklin Gutierrez/?
RF Alex Rios
DH Adam Dunn

I had some decent (older) SPs. Guys who I felt played above their heads that year, or were too old to keep on an expansion team but might have some trade value. Chris Capuano, Mark Buehrle, Aaron Harang, and AJ Burnett especially.

Franklin Gutierrez was a lefty killer in 2012. He had 150 ABs that year (65 vs L, 85 vs R) and batted .400 vs lefties and just .153 vs R. Toronto and Tampa Bay both made pushes to get him, but Tampa Bay made me a better deal.

I felt Gutierrez was a good role player for a contending team, but just didn't have the full-time value to keep on an expansion team. Not if I could get starters in return for him.

1/17/13
I completed my first trade by sending the part time outfielder in return for Detroit Catcher Alex Avila, and Oakland LH RP Eric O'Flaherty.

Avila batted .243/.352/.384 with 9 HR in 367 AB for Detroit in 2012, but had come off a 2011 where he hit .295/.389/.506 with 19 HR in 464 AB, went to the All Star Game, finished 12th in MVP, and won the Silver Slugger at C.

O'Flaherty had a 1.73 ERA and 1.151 WHIP in 57.1 IP in 2012. A nice lefty addition to my bullpen, and an improvement over my current LHRP Boone Logan.

1/22/13
AJ Burnett was my next move. 3.51 ERA, 1.241 WHIP in 200 IP. A pretty decent starter, and maybe my best, but at 35 years old, he had too much trade value to keep on an expansion team.

I sent AJ to Toronto and received back
David Robertson 2.67 ERA, 1.17 WHIP in 60.2 IP. I really liked Robertson, and he was the primary piece in this deal for me. He had a 1.08 ERA in 66.2 IP for the Yankees in 2011, and I felt he would have the closer job in NY after Rivera retired.
Michael Cuddyer .260/.317/.489 with 16 HR. Plays RF and 1B and has 20 HR power. While he wasn't a stud, I felt him and Robertson were enough alone for Burnett.
Henderson Alvarez 187 IP, 4.85 ERA. Alvarez was a 22 year old SP with 187 IP. I didn't have high hopes forAlvarez, but Chicago was going to cut him anyway, so he was a throw in, so figured i'd take a flyer on the youngster. Can't have enough young arms, right?
Jonny Venters 3.22 ERA, 58 IP, 1.517 WHIP. His WHIP is way too high, but he was another throw in, so figured I'd take the LH RP and likely cut him later.

1/27/13
I was still in need of a CF, and Chris Capuano, like Burnett, was a older SP coming off a good year. Figured I'd move him now, while he still had some value. Capuano was a lefty SP coming off a 198 IP, 3.72 ERA and 1.22 WHIP season for The Dodgers, and he was 33 years old.

I packaged Capuano, Skip Shumaker and a 5th round pick to San Diego for
Michael Bourn - CF, 29, .274/.348/.391 9 HR, 42 SB, 26 2B, 10 3B. Bourn would be my starting Cf and leadoff hitter.
Josh Collmenter - 26, SP/RP, 90 IP, 3.69 ERA, 1.262 WHIP. Just the kind of young hurler that I thought would be a good fit for me. I saw some potential, and was hoping he could break out
Mike Aviles - a run of the mill utility infielder, capable of playing all IF positions.
and a 9th round pick.

Next up is cuts (getting down to 25) and preparing for the Waiver Draft.
Using the above roster, and the trades made, I now know exactly what my 25 man roster was. Everything above, except I cut Jonny Venters.

Current Roster heading into the Waiver Draft
Batter
C - Alex Avila
1B - Adam LaRoche
2B - Matt Carpenter
SS - Mike Aviles/?
3B - Mike Aviles/Brett Wallace/?
LF - Ryan Ludwick/Nate McLouth/Shane Robinson
CF - Michael Bourn
RF - Alex Rios
DH - Adam Dunn/Michael Cuddyer

Pitcher

SP - Mark Buehrle
SP - Jason Hammel
SP - Aaron Harang
SP - Joe Kelly
SP - Joe Saunders
SP - Henderson Alvarez
SP/RP - Josh Collmenter
RP - Boone Logan
RP - Matt Lindstrom
RP - Eric O'Flaherty
RP - Dave Robertson
CL - Jason Grilli
CL -Joe Nathan

Last edited by Raven : 03-16-2015 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:48 PM   #11
Raven
College Prospect

2013 Waiver Draft
Code:
ROUND 1 TEAM SELECTION / PASS CUT REPLACEMENT Boston Daniel Murphy Daniel Nava Philadelphia Clayton Richard Jeremy Horst Baltimore PASS Colorado Jon Lester Ivan Nova Miami PASS Atlanta PASS Kansas City Joel Peralta Daric Barton San Francisco PASS St. Louis Michael Morse Shane Robinson Oakland Lorenzo Cain Chris Heisey Seattle PASS Pittsburgh PASS Toronto PASS Tampa Bay PASS San Diego PASS ROUND 2 TEAM SELECTION / PASS CUT REPLACEMENT Boston PASS Philadelphia Daniel Descalso Rajai Davis Baltimore Francisco Liriano Brian Matusz Colorado Logan Morrison David Cooper Miami PASS Atlanta PASS Kansas City PASS San Francisco PASS St. Louis Dan Uggla Brett Wallace Oakland PASS Seattle PASS Pittsburgh Sam LeCure Brandon Lyon Toronto PASS Tampa Bay PASS San Diego PASS

There wasn't a whole lot available, in my opinion.
I snagged Michael Morse in round 1, hoping he could have a bounce back year.
I then grabbed a full time 2B in Dan Uggla in round 2.

Morse batted .291/.321/.470 with 18 HR in 406 AB for Washington in 2012, so I thought he was a good power bat to add to my lineup. He also had some potential for improvement.

Dan Uggla batted just .220 in 523 AB, but had 19 HR, 94BB and 168 Ks. He was also a terrible fielder (4e?), but I needed a starting 2B for my lowly expansion team.

Current Roster heading into the Draft
Batter
C - Alex Avila
1B - Adam LaRoche
2B - Dan Uggla
SS - Mike Aviles/?
3B - Matt Carpenter
LF - Ryan Ludwick/Nate McLouth
CF - Michael Bourn
RF - Alex Rios
DH - Adam Dunn/Michael Cuddyer/Michael Morse

Pitcher

SP - Mark Buehrle
SP - Jason Hammel
SP - Aaron Harang
SP - Joe Kelly
SP - Joe Saunders
SP - Henderson Alvarez
SP/RP - Josh Collmenter
RP - Boone Logan
RP - Matt Lindstrom
RP - Eric O'Flaherty
RP - Dave Robertson
CL - Jason Grilli
CL -Joe Nathan

Last edited by Raven : 03-11-2015 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:10 PM   #12
Raven
College Prospect

Prior to the draft, a few teams announced they would be switching Home Teams. When teams move, they do not get the new teams rookies until the end of the 2nd season.

Colorado changed to New York. (New York will receive Colorado rookies at the conclusion of 2013 season, and start receiving NY rookies at the conclusion of 2014.)
Atlanta changed to Houston.

This rule prevents teams from jumping ship, as soon as one team has a breakout rookie. They have to wait a year. Teams changing Home teams, must also wait 2 years before changing again.

The 2013 Draft had 15 teams, and as the expansion team, I would be slotted at 9. Right after the non-playoff teams, and right before the playoff teams. The non-playoff teams were in a weighted lottery, and the playoff teams were ordered worst to first, with the World Series winner picking last, and World Series runner up picking next to last.

The draft, in my opinion, wasn't very loaded, but I had a lot of needs to fill.
The league requires you to have 600 AB per position (including DH) and 1300 innings, by the end of the draft.

Just before the 3rd round of the draft, I pulled off a trade with Toronto.
I moved down a few spots, to move up 1 round later in the draft.

2/28/13
To St Louis
3rd Round Pick 3.13
8th Round Pick 8.13

To Toronto
3rd Round Pick 3.9
9th Round Pick 8.9

2013 Draft

Round 1

Philadelphia -- Bryce Harper, OF, Washington
Boston -- Yu Darvish, SP, Texas
Baltimore -- Norichika Aoki, OF, Milwaukee
Seattle -- Brandon Moss, OF, Oakland
Miami -- Tyler Colvin, OF/1B, Colorado
San Diego -- Justin Ruggiano, OF, Miami
Kansas City -- Fernando Rodney, RP, Tampa Bay
San Francisco -- Matt Harvey, SP, New York(NL)
St. Louis -- Jonathon Niese, SP, New York(NL)
Oakland -- Chris Johnson, IF/RF, Arizona
Kansas City -- David Phelps, P, New York (AL)
Pittsburgh -- Chris Tillman, SP, Baltimore
New York(NL) -- Wade Miley, SP, Arizona
Houston -- Justin Maxwell, OF, Houston
Tampa Bay -- Eric Chavez, 3B/1B, New York(AL)

I just missed out on Harvey one pick earlier. In desperate need of pitching, I went with Jon Niese as my 1st round pick. I wanted to trade down, because I didn't love anyone here, but couldn't get a good offer for my pick.

Round 2

Boston -- Welington Castillo, C, Chicago(NL)
Philadelphia -- Tom Wilhelmsen, RP, Seattle
Baltimore -- Jason Castro, C, Houston
New York(NL) -- Lucas Harrell, SP, Houston
Miami -- Michael Saunders, OF, Seattle
Houston -- Wilton Lopez, RP, Houston
New York(NL) -- Mitchell Boggs, RP, St. Louis
Tampa Bay -- Everth Cabrera, IF, San Diego
St. Louis -- Jesus Montero, C, Seattle
Oakland -- Zach Cozart, SS, Cincinnati
Pittsburgh -- Roger Bernadina, OF, Washington
Pittsburgh -- Daniel Nava, OF, Boston
Tampa Bay -- Eric Young Jr, OF, Colorado
Tampa Bay -- Kevin Frandsen, 3B, Philadelphia
Miami -- Jonathan Broxton, RP, Cincinnati

Jesus Montero was a bigtime prospect for Seattle. In the 2011 MLB prospect rankings, he was #6 overall. Plus I needed a future catcher - a very hard position to fill.

Round 3

Boston -- Matt Dominguez, 3B, Houston
Philadelphia -- Jared Burton, RP, Minnesota
Baltimore -- Chris Nelson, IF, Colorado
Tampa Bay -- Wade Davis, RP, Tampa Bay
Miami -- Hisashi Iwakuma, P, Seattle
Houston -- Pedro Alvarez, 3B, Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay -- Andrew Cashner, P, San Diego
San Francisco -- Willie Bloomquist, IF/LF, Arizona
Toronto -- Erasmo Ramirez, P, Seattle
Oakland -- Aaron Crow, RP, Kansas City
Pittsburgh -- Logan Forsythe, IF, San Diego
Pittsburgh -- Martin Maldonado, C, Milwaukee
St. Louis -- Angel Pagan, CF, San Francisco
Tampa Bay -- Luis Cruz, IF, Los Angeles(NL)
Kansas City -- Austin Kearns, OF, Miami

Pagan had a really good card. Nice average, plays CF. He'd probably have gone a round or 2 higher, except he is 30 years old.
.288/.338/.440 8 HR, 15 3B, 29 SB

Round 4

Boston -- Mike Fiers, SP, Milwaukee
Philadelphia -- Andres Torres, OF, New York(NL)
Seattle -- Ronald Belisario, RP, Los Angeles(NL)
Houston -- Scott Atchison, RP, Boston
Miami -- Chris Davis, 1B/OF, Baltimore
Boston -- Scott Rolen, 3B, Cincinnati
Tampa Bay -- Quintin Berry, OF, Detroit
San Francisco -- Jonny Gomes, OF, Oakland
St. Louis -- Santiago Casilla, RP, San Francisco
Kansas City -- Jose Lobaton, C, Tampa Bay
Seattle -- Mark Ellis, 2B, Los Angeles(NL)
Kansas City -- Bartolo Colon, SP, Oakland
Houston -- Robbie Ross, RP, Texas
Tampa Bay -- Gerald Laird, C, Detroit
San Diego -- Michael McKenry, C, Pittsburgh

Casilla was a solid MR.

Round 5

Boston -- Charlie Furbush, RP, Seattle
Philadelphia -- Craig Stammen, RP, Washington
Oakland -- Alex Burnett, RP, Minnesota
Boston -- Anthony Gose, OF, Toronto
Miami -- Kevin Correia, P, Pittsburgh
Toronto -- Jean Segura, SS, Milwaukee
New York(NL) -- Raul Valdes, RP, Philadelphia
San Francisco -- Bobby Parnell, RP, New York(NL)
San Diego -- Kyle Kendrick, P, Philadelphia
Oakland -- Luke Gregerson, RP, San Diego
Houston -- Trevor Plouffe, IF/OF, Minnesota
Pittsburgh -- Darin Mastroianni, OF, Minnesota
Tampa Bay -- James McDonald, SP, Pittsburgh
San Francisco -- Brandon Crawford, SS, San Francisco
San Diego -- Jerry Blevins, RP, Oakland

Round 6

Boston -- David Cooper, 1B, Toronto
Philadelphia -- Joe Blanton, SP, Los Angeles(NL)
Baltimore -- Jim Henderson, RP, Milwaukee
New York(NL) -- Mike Baxter, OF, New York(NL)
Miami -- Brayan Pena, C, Kansas City
Houston -- Devin Mesoraco, C, Cincinnati
New York(NL) -- Tyler Moore, 1B/OF, Washington
San Francisco -- Bronson Arroyo, SP, Cincinnati
St. Louis -- Jhonny Peralta, SS, Detroit
San Diego -- Adam Kennedy, IF, Los Angeles(NL)
New York(NL) -- Eric Stults, P, San Diego
Pittsburgh -- Brett Wallace, IF, Houston
Pittsburgh -- Brayan Villareal, RP, Detroit
Miami -- Chris Volstad, SP, Chicago(NL)
San Diego -- Justin Turner, IF, New York(NL)

Took a gamble on Peralta, because I needed a full-time SS, and Peralta had showed some power in the past. His average was very low though, and he was a 4e? at SS.
.239/.305/.384 13 HR

Round 7

Boston -- Tim Byrdak, RP, New York(NL)
Seattle -- Stephen Lombardozzi, IF/LF, Washington
Baltimore -- Marwin Gonzalez, IF, Houston
New York(NL) -- Jeremy Horst, RP, Philadelphia
New York(NL) -- Elian Herrera, IF/OF, Los Angeles(NL)
San Diego -- Ryan Mattheus, RP, Washington
Pittsburgh -- Derek Norris, C, Oakland
San Francisco -- Carlos Zambrano, P, Miami
St. Louis -- Luis Mendoza, SP, Kansas City
Oakland -- Kelvin Herrera, RP, Kansas City
Seattle -- Franklin Morales, P, Boston
Boston -- Drew Hutchison, SP, Toronto
Kansas City -- James Loney, 1B, Boston
Baltimore -- Scott Diamond, SP, Minnesota
San Diego -- Chris Gimenez, C, Tampa Bay

Round 8

Toronto -- Drew Smyly, P, Detroit
Philadelphia -- Domonic Brown, OF, Philadelphia
Baltimore -- Chris Perez, RP, Cleveland
Philadelphia -- Geovany Soto, C, Texas
Miami -- Edinson Volquez, SP, San Diego
Oakland -- George Kotteras, C, Oakland
San Diego -- Emilio Bonifacio, 2B/CF, Miami
San Francisco -- Travis Wood, SP, Chicago(NL)
St. Louis -- Tim Collins, RP, Kansas City
Oakland -- Wesley Wright, RP, Houston
Miami -- Justin Masterson, SP, Cleveland
Seattle -- Jeremy Guthrie, SP, Kansas City
St. Louis -- Joaquin Arias, IF, San Francisco
Kansas City -- Jack Hannahan, IF, Cleveland
San Diego -- Brad Brach, RP, San Diego

Round 9

Toronto -- Addison Reed, RP, Chicago(AL)
Philadelphia -- Jordan Lyles, SP, Houston
Baltimore -- Jon Rauch, RP, New York(NL)
Oakland -- Ronny Cedeno, IF, New York(NL)
Houston -- Nate Eovaldi, SP, Miami
Seattle -- Jeff Niemann, SP, Tampa Bay
Kansas City -- Alfonso Soriano, OF, Chicago(NL)
San Francisco -- Andrew Miller, RP, Boston
Toronto -- Nate Jones, RP, Chicago(AL)
Toronto -- Mauro Gomez, iB/3B, Boston
Pittsburgh -- Tony Watson, RP, Pittsburgh
Oakland -- Hector Santiago, P, Chicago(AL)
Toronto -- Scott Hairston, OF, New York(NL)
Houston -- Ryan Wheeler, 3B/1B, Arizona
St. Louis -- Scott Moore, IF/OF, Houston

Round 10

Toronto -- Brad Ziegler, RP, Arizona
Philadelphia -- Alexi Casilla, IF, Minnesota
Baltimore -- Delmon Young, OF, Detroit
Toronto -- Chris Parmelee, 1B/OF, Minnesota
Seattle -- Drew Stubbs, OF, Cincinnati
Toronto -- Tony Campana, OF, Chicago(NL)
Kansas City -- Freddy Galvis, IF, Philadelphia
San Francisco -- Alfredo Aceves, RP, Boston
St. Louis -- Javy Guerra, RP, Los Angeles(NL)
Seattle -- Ivan Nova, SP, New York(NL)
Baltimore -- Tony Cruz, C, St. Louis
Seattle -- Alexi Amarista, IF/OF, San Diego
Toronto -- Brandon Lyon, RP, Toronto
Houston -- Ricky Romero, SP, Toronto
Kansas City -- Craig Breslow, RP, Boston

I received 5 extra picks, as the expansion team, for the conclusion of the Draft. I selected....

Expansion Team Selections
St. Louis -- Jeff Karstens, P, Pittsburgh
St. Louis -- Bryan LaHair, 1B/OF, Chicago(NL)
St. Louis -- Jason Vargas, SP, Seattle
St. Louis -- Jose Quintana, P, Chicago(AL)
St. Louis -- Ryan Flaherty, IF/OF, Baltimore
Old 03-10-2015, 01:14 PM   #13
Raven
College Prospect

Current Roster post 2013 Draft
Batter
C - Alex Avila, Jesus Montero
1B - Adam LaRoche, Bryan LaHair
2B - Dan Uggla, Joaquin Arias
SS - Mike Aviles, Jhonny Peralta
3B - Matt Carpenter, Scott Moore, Ryan Flaherty
LF - Ryan Ludwick, Nate McLouth
CF - Michael Bourn, Angel Pagan
RF - Alex Rios
DH - Adam Dunn/Michael Cuddyer/Michael Morse

Pitcher

SP - Mark Buehrle
SP - Jonathon Niese
SP - Jason Hammel
SP - Aaron Harang
SP - Joe Kelly
SP - Joe Saunders
SP - Henderson Alvarez
SP - Luis Mendoza
SP - Jeff Karstens
SP - Jason Vargas
SP - Jose Quintana
SP/RP - Josh Collmenter
RP - Boone Logan
RP - Matt Lindstrom
RP - Santiago Casilla
RP - Eric O'Flaherty
RP - Tim Collins
RP - Javy Guerra
RP - Dave Robertson
CL - Jason Grilli
CL -Joe Nathan

I obviously stocked up on SPs, because I figured the more young SPs I had, the more chances one would break out.

Last edited by Raven : 03-10-2015 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:58 PM   #14
Raven
College Prospect

Season Schedule
Our season is 102 games.
13 games vs each team in our division (13*4 = 52).
The 13 games is split into 4 series of 4,3,3,3
and 5 games vs everyone else. (5*10 = 50).
Split into series of 2,3

This breaks down to 36 series, which splits up nicely into 6 series per month.
There is no set schedule, so you can play anyone in any order that you like.
The "months" can also be played anytime you like, and are simply used to define the weather in your city. (Strat has a weather chart, which effects ballpark ratings). The first 6 series you play are considered April, the next 6 May, etc..

The only exception to this is September.
In September, you must play each divisional opponent in a 3 game series, and you play the corresponding finishing position from the other 2 divisions in a 3 game series. (so if you finish 1st in your division in the previous year, this September you would play the other 2 divisional winners in September). Being an expansion team, I was considered 5th in the division, so play the other 2 5th place finishers from the previous year in my September series.

Pre-Season 2013 Expectations
Looking back at previous seasons, and the worst teams from each year, I expected to win somewhere around 32 games. So a 32-70 record.

NOTE: The stats program divides games by months to display monthly stats.
102/6, so spits out 17 games of "April" stats.
In reality, your first 6 series are considered "April", so you could play a few more or a few less than 17, depending on which series you play. I happened to play 18
April 2013 Results
Code:
Game# Opp Result Line Opp Line Innings SP Decision Save W-L Streak 1 @OAK W 4-1 4-6-0 1-6-0 9 Buehrle, Mark Buehrle, Mark 1-0 W 1 2 @OAK W 4-3 4-6-0 3-11-3 12 Niese, Jonathon Robertson, David Nathan, Joe 2-0 W 2 3 @OAK L 0-7 0-3-0 7-13-0 9 Hammel, Jason Hammel, Jason 2-1 L 1 4 @TOR L 2-6 2-5-0 6-9-0 9 Harang, Aaron Harang, Aaron 2-2 L 2 5 @TOR L 4-5 4-10-1 5-11-0 11 Kelly, Joe Robertson, David 2-3 L 3 6 @TOR L 8-11 8-12-0 11-15-0 9 Buehrle, Mark Casilla, Santiago 2-4 L 4 7 @TBP L 2-6 2-5-0 6-10-0 9 Niese, Jonathon Niese, Jonathon 2-5 L 5 8 @TBP L 4-5 4-13-0 5-8-0 9 Hammel, Jason Hammel, Jason 2-6 L 6 9 @TBP L 2-3 2-10-1 3-12-0 17 Harang, Aaron Grilli, Jason 2-7 L 7 10 @TBP L 1-5 1-4-0 5-9-0 9 Kelly, Joe Kelly, Joe 2-8 L 8 11 @TBP W 4-3 4-8-0 3-8-0 9 Buehrle, Mark Buehrle, Mark 3-8 W 1 12 @TBP L 1-7 1-2-1 7-15-0 9 Niese, Jonathon Niese, Jonathon 3-9 L 1 13 @TBP L 8-9 8-7-1 9-13-1 9 Hammel, Jason Grilli, Jason 3-10 L 2 14 BAL L 2-3 2-8-0 3-10-0 9 Harang, Aaron Harang, Aaron 3-11 L 3 15 BAL L 0-5 0-1-2 5-7-3 9 Kelly, Joe Kelly, Joe 3-12 L 4 16 BAL L 6-10 6-8-0 10-18-0 9 Buehrle, Mark Buehrle, Mark 3-13 L 5 17 BOS L 5-7 5-15-0 7-9-0 9 Niese, Jonathon Nathan, Joe 3-14 L 6 18 BOS L 1-2 1-4-0 2-10-1 9 Hammel, Jason Collins, Tim 3-15 L 7

After starting off 2-1, we finish April at 3-15.

Last edited by Raven : 03-12-2015 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:54 PM   #15
Raven
College Prospect

May 2013 Results
Code:
Game# Opp Result Line Opp Line Innings SP Decision Save W-L Streak 19 @MIA W 11-1 11-20-0 1-5-0 9 Harang, Aaron Harang, Aaron 4-15 W 1 20 @MIA W 7-5 7-11-2 5-10-0 9 Kelly, Joe Kelly, Joe Nathan, Joe 5-15 W 2 21 @SFG L 3-6 3-11-0 6-9-0 9 Buehrle, Mark Buehrle, Mark 5-16 L 1 22 @SFG L 0-2 0-2-0 2-7-0 9 Niese, Jonathon Grilli, Jason 5-17 L 2 23 NYM L 2-3 2-8-0 3-6-1 9 Hammel, Jason Hammel, Jason 5-18 L 3 24 NYM L 1-6 1-5-1 6-10-1 9 Harang, Aaron Harang, Aaron 5-19 L 4 25 NYM W 2-0 2-8-0 0-7-1 9 Vargas, Jason Vargas, Jason Nathan, Joe 6-19 W 1 26 KCF L 4-5 4-10-0 5-10-0 11 Buehrle, Mark Grilli, Jason 6-20 L 1 27 KCF L 4-5 4-7-1 5-8-0 9 Niese, Jonathon Niese, Jonathon 6-21 L 2 28 KCF W 3-1 3-5-0 1-10-3 9 Hammel, Jason Hammel, Jason Nathan, Joe 7-21 W 1 29 NYM L 6-11 6-12-1 11-16-0 9 Harang, Aaron Harang, Aaron 7-22 L 1 30 NYM L 4-5 4-11-1 5-9-0 10 Vargas, Jason Vargas, Jason 7-23 L 2 31 NYM L 3-9 3-6-3 9-18-0 9 Buehrle, Mark Buehrle, Mark 7-24 L 3 32 NYM L 1-3 1-11-1 3-11-0 16 Niese, Jonathon Collins, Tim 7-25 L 4 33 HOU L 4-12 4-11-2 12-13-0 9 Hammel, Jason Grilli, Jason 7-26 L 5 34 HOU W 1-0 1-5-0 0-6-0 9 Harang, Aaron Harang, Aaron OFlaherty, Eric 8-26 W 1

I Just realized that we can't do rolling stats on our site, so I'll update at end of the season.
For now, I'll do monthly results, and any transactions.

April 3 - 15
May 5 - 11
Overall Record 8 - 26

June 2013 Results
Code:
Game# Opp Result Line Opp Line Innings SP Decision Save W-L Streak 35 @HOU L 3-7 3-7-0 7-12-1 9 Vargas, Jason Vargas, Jason 8-27 L 1 36 @HOU L 0-4 0-5-0 4-9-0 9 Buehrle, Mark Buehrle, Mark 8-28 L 2 37 @HOU W 8-5 8-12-0 5-15-0 9 Niese, Jonathon Niese, Jonathon Nathan, Joe 9-28 W 1 38 PIT L 4-9 4-9-0 9-14-0 9 Hammel, Jason Nathan, Joe 9-29 L 1 39 PIT W 8-5 8-14-0 5-9-0 9 Harang, Aaron OFlaherty, Eric Nathan, Joe 10-29 W 1 40 TBP W 4-3 4-10-0 3-8-0 9 Harang, Aaron Harang, Aaron Nathan, Joe 11-29 W 2 41 TBP L 8-9 8-9-1 9-19-1 9 Vargas, Jason Nathan, Joe 11-30 L 1 42 TBP L 3-12 3-6-0 12-15-2 9 Buehrle, Mark Buehrle, Mark 11-31 L 2 43 OAK W 8-4 8-13-2 4-6-2 9 Niese, Jonathon Niese, Jonathon 12-31 W 1 44 OAK L 2-4 2-10-0 4-7-0 9 Hammel, Jason Hammel, Jason 12-32 L 1 45 OAK W 3-2 3-10-1 2-4-2 9 Harang, Aaron Harang, Aaron Nathan, Joe 13-32 W 1 46 @NYM L 3-6 3-6-0 6-11-0 9 Vargas, Jason Vargas, Jason 13-33 L 1 47 @NYM L 0-6 0-2-0 6-8-0 9 Buehrle, Mark Buehrle, Mark 13-34 L 2 48 @NYM L 1-2 1-9-0 2-10-1 11 Niese, Jonathon Grilli, Jason 13-35 L 3 49 @OAK W 4-3 4-7-0 3-7-0 9 Hammel, Jason Hammel, Jason 14-35 W 1 50 @OAK L 3-10 3-10-2 10-10-0 9 Harang, Aaron Harang, Aaron 14-36 L 1 51 @OAK W 5-4 5-11-3 4-12-0 15 Vargas, Jason OFlaherty, Eric Nathan, Joe 15-36 W 1 52 @OAK L 8-9 8-11-2 9-15-0 9 Buehrle, Mark Nathan, Joe 15-37 L 1

April 3 - 15
May 5 - 11
June 7 - 12
Overall Record 15 - 37

Last edited by Raven : 03-10-2015 at 05:37 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:51 PM   #16
Raven
College Prospect

July 2013 Results

Currently sitting at 15-37, and in dead last, I began looking at more trade options. Several teams approached me for trades.

Joe Nathan wasn't cutting it, and Matt Lindstrom was sitting in the minors.
Besides, when you're in dead last, why do you need a good closer?

7/5/13
Houston and I agreed on a deal.
Houston receives: Joe Nathan, Matt Lindstrom, and my 10th round pick
I receive: Jacob Turner and a 3rd round pick.

Turner was a struggling prospect
In 2011, he was ranked as the #11 overall prospect in MLB.
He struggled with Detroit in 2011 and was traded to The Marlins in 2012. He split time between Detroit and Miami in 2012 and posted a 4.42 ERA in 55 innings.

7/5/2013
I pulled off another trade. THis time sending struggling 1B Adam LaRoche to Oakland for two more pitching prospects. SP Dan Straily of Oakland and SP/RP Hector Santiago

Code:
Game# Opp Result Line Opp Line Innings SP Decision Save W-L Streak 53 @PHI W 10-5 10-14-0 5-13-1 9 Niese, Jonathon Niese, Jonathon 16-37 W 1 54 @PHI W 11-9 11-12-0 9-13-0 9 Hammel, Jason Robertson, David 17-37 W 2 55 @PHI W 4-0 4-7-1 0-5-0 9 Harang, Aaron Harang, Aaron 18-37 W 3 56 PHI W 6-2 6-8-0 2-10-1 9 Vargas, Jason Vargas, Jason 19-37 W 4 57 PHI W 9-5 9-9-1 5-9-2 9 Buehrle, Mark Buehrle, Mark 20-37 W 5 58 TOR L 3-11 3-3-2 11-15-1 9 Niese, Jonathon Niese, Jonathon 20-38 L 1 59 TOR L 2-13 2-9-1 13-19-1 9 Hammel, Jason Hammel, Jason 20-39 L 2 60 PIT L 4-5 4-10-0 5-12-0 9 Harang, Aaron OFlaherty, Eric 20-40 L 3 61 PIT L 6-11 6-10-1 11-14-1 9 Vargas, Jason Vargas, Jason 20-41 L 4 62 PIT W 8-7 8-13-0 7-10-0 11 Buehrle, Mark Casilla, Santiago 21-41 W 1 63 SDZ W 14-3 14-15-0 3-7-1 9 Niese, Jonathon Niese, Jonathon 22-41 W 2 64 SDZ W 4-3 4-7-0 3-8-0 11 Mendoza, Luis Casilla, Santiago 23-41 W 3 65 SDZ L 0-2 0-6-1 2-6-0 9 Vargas, Jason Vargas, Jason 23-42 L 1 66 @SDZ W 7-3 7-9-1 3-12-0 10 Kelly, Joe OFlaherty, Eric 24-42 W 1 67 @SDZ L 5-6 5-8-1 6-10-0 9 Buehrle, Mark Guerra, Javy 24-43 L 1

April 3 - 15
May 5 - 11
June 7 - 12
July 9 - 6
Overall Record 24 - 43

I am continuing to stock-pile arms, and my current roster looks like this...

Batter
1B - Michael Cuddyer, Bryan LaHair
3B - Matt Carpenter, Scott Moore, Ryan Flaherty
RF - Alex Rios
DH - Adam Dunn/Michael Morse

Pitcher

SP - Mark Buehrle
SP - Jonathon Niese
SP - Jason Hammel
SP - Aaron Harang
SP - Joe Kelly
SP - Joe Saunders
SP - Henderson Alvarez
SP - Luis Mendoza
SP - Jeff Karstens
SP - Jason Vargas
SP - Jose Quintana
SP - Dan Straily
SP - Jacob Turner
SP/RP - Josh Collmenter
SP/RP - Hector Santiago
RP - Boone Logan
RP - Santiago Casilla
RP - Eric O'Flaherty
RP - Tim Collins
RP - Javy Guerra
RP - Dave Robertson
CL - Jason Grilli
Old 03-10-2015, 05:57 PM   #17
Raven
College Prospect

August 2013 Results

8/6/13
By August, I have committed to full blown rebuild mode, and move my my best bat Alex Rios to Seattle
Seattle receives: Alex Rios, 8th round pick, 9th round pick
I receive: 2nd round pick, 7th round pick

8/8/2013
I package aging closer Jason Grilli off to Pittsburgh
Pitt receives: Jason Grilli, 7th round pick, Seattle's 7th
I receive: 3rd round pick, 4th round pick.
Code:
Game# Opp Result Line Opp Line Innings SP Decision Save W-L Streak 68 SEA W 5-3 5-11-0 3-9-0 9 Niese, Jonathon Kelly, Joe 25-43 W 1 69 SEA L 0-6 0-3-0 6-13-0 9 Harang, Aaron Harang, Aaron 25-44 L 1 70 @SEA L 1-7 1-5-1 7-15-2 9 Vargas, Jason Vargas, Jason 25-45 L 2 71 @SEA W 9-2 9-9-0 2-7-1 9 Mendoza, Luis Mendoza, Luis 26-45 W 1 72 @SEA L 5-10 5-7-1 10-14-1 9 Buehrle, Mark Buehrle, Mark 26-46 L 1 73 BAL W 3-2 3-6-1 2-11-2 10 Niese, Jonathon Guerra, Javy 27-46 W 1 74 BAL L 3-7 3-11-0 7-10-0 9 Harang, Aaron Harang, Aaron 27-47 L 1 75 BAL L 6-11 6-12-1 11-16-2 9 Vargas, Jason Vargas, Jason 27-48 L 2 76 BAL W 7-4 7-10-1 4-10-1 9 Mendoza, Luis Mendoza, Luis Robertson, David 28-48 W 1 77 @BAL W 7-5 7-9-0 5-10-1 9 Buehrle, Mark Buehrle, Mark Casilla, Santiago 29-48 W 2 78 @BAL W 5-4 5-10-4 4-9-1 9 Niese, Jonathon Niese, Jonathon Casilla, Santiago 30-48 W 3 79 @BAL L 1-10 1-5-0 10-18-1 9 Harang, Aaron Harang, Aaron 30-49 L 1 80 @KCF L 5-6 5-9-0 6-11-1 9 Vargas, Jason Vargas, Jason 30-50 L 2 81 @KCF L 4-7 4-8-0 7-13-0 9 Mendoza, Luis Mendoza, Luis 30-51 L 3 82 SFG L 3-7 3-6-0 7-18-0 9 Buehrle, Mark Buehrle, Mark 30-52 L 4 83 SFG L 5-10 5-8-2 10-15-0 9 Niese, Jonathon Niese, Jonathon 30-53 L 5 84 SFG L 2-6 2-7-0 6-12-0 9 Harang, Aaron Harang, Aaron 30-54 L 6

April 3 - 15
May 5 - 11
June 7 - 12
July 9 - 6
August 6 - 11
Overall Record 30 - 54

September 2013 Results
Code:
Game# Opp Result Line Opp Line Innings SP Decision Save W-L Streak 85 @BAL W 16-15 16-22-1 15-21-0 9 Straily, Dan Straily, Dan Casilla, Santiago 31-54 W 1 86 @BAL L 5-6 5-6-0 6-9-0 9 Saunders, Joe Kelly, Joe 31-55 L 1 87 @BAL L 2-7 2-8-1 7-13-0 9 Mendoza, Luis Mendoza, Luis 31-56 L 2 88 OAK L 2-4 2-6-1 4-12-1 9 Buehrle, Mark Buehrle, Mark 31-57 L 3 89 OAK W 4-2 4-8-2 2-10-0 9 Niese, Jonathon Niese, Jonathon Casilla, Santiago 32-57 W 1 90 OAK W 4-3 4-9-0 3-6-0 9 Straily, Dan Straily, Dan Casilla, Santiago 33-57 W 2 91 MIA L 0-3 0-3-1 3-3-0 9 Mendoza, Luis Mendoza, Luis 33-58 L 1 92 MIA W 4-2 4-6-0 2-8-0 9 Harang, Aaron Harang, Aaron Casilla, Santiago 34-58 W 1 93 MIA W 3-2 3-7-1 2-9-0 9 Vargas, Jason Vargas, Jason Casilla, Santiago 35-58 W 2 94 TBP L 2-6 2-7-0 6-11-1 9 Buehrle, Mark Buehrle, Mark 35-59 L 1 95 TBP L 3-6 3-4-0 6-15-0 9 Niese, Jonathon Niese, Jonathon 35-60 L 2 96 TBP L 2-12 2-7-1 12-8-0 9 Straily, Dan Straily, Dan 35-61 L 3 97 @NYM L 4-5 4-9-1 5-13-0 9 Turner, Jacob Turner, Jacob 35-62 L 4 98 @NYM L 0-6 0-3-0 6-10-0 9 Harang, Aaron Harang, Aaron 35-63 L 5 99 @NYM L 5-11 5-10-3 11-11-0 9 Alvarez, Henderson Guerra, Javy 35-64 L 6 100 @BOS L 2-8 2-7-1 8-13-1 9 Buehrle, Mark Buehrle, Mark 35-65 L 7 101 @BOS L 7-8 7-8-1 8-11-0 9 Straily, Dan Straily, Dan 35-66 L 8 102 @BOS L 1-7 1-7-0 7-14-0 9 Vargas, Jason Vargas, Jason 35-67 L 9

April 3 - 15
May 5 - 11
June 7 - 12
July 9 - 6
August 6 - 11
September 5 - 13

Final Record 35 - 67

Last edited by Raven : 03-10-2015 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:01 PM   #18
Raven
College Prospect

Final 2013 Statistics

Batting Stats:

Pitching Stats:

Code:
Pitching Breakdown IP H BB K ER W L SV ERA WHIP Starters 698.1 835 213 435 378 26 49 0 4.87 1.501 Relievers 225.1 276 107 224 150 9 18 18 5.99 1.700 Batters 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.00 0.000

Last edited by Raven : 03-12-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:28 PM   #19
Raven
College Prospect

2013 Final Standings

Code:
D1 Record GB Seattle 60-42 Houston 60-42 Toronto 55-47 -5 Boston 41-61 -19 Philadelphia 38-64 -22 D2 Record GB Pittsburgh 68-34 San Diego 54-48 -14 San Francisco 53-49 -15 Kansas City 45-57 -23 Miami 38-64 -30 D3 Record GB New York 63-39 Tampa Bay 57-45 -6 Oakland 56-46 -7 Baltimore 41-61 -28 St Louis 35-67 -28

2013 Playoffs
Wild Card
Tampa Bay beats Houston 3-1
Seattle beats San Diego 3-1

Semi Finals
Pittsburgh beats Tampa Bay 4-0
Seattle beats New York 4-0

World Series
Pittsburgh vs Seattle
Game 1 4-2, Pittsburgh
Game 2 9-3, Seattle
Game 3 3-1, Pittsburgh
Game 4 5-2, Seattle
Game 5 10-7, Pittsburgh
Game 6 5-2, Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh wins the World Series 4-2

Last edited by Raven : 03-16-2015 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:58 PM   #20
Raven
College Prospect

I received several Cardinals rookies, upon conclusion of the 2013 season.
These include: SP/RP Michael Wacha, SP Shelby Miller, RP Kevin Siegrist, 1B Matt Adams, Closer Trevor Rosenthal. (There were several other unnotable names, but all were cut)

2014 Offseason Begins

Prior to the World Series, all non-playoff teams are thrown into a weighted lottery for the 1st Round of the 2014 Draft. I was drawn first, and so would get the #1 pick.

My eye was on one player - Yasiel Puig, OF, Dodgers

My Roster upon ending the 2013 Offseason looks like this.

Batter (16)
1B - Michael Cuddyer, Matt Adams
3B - Matt Carpenter, Ryan Flaherty
DH - Adam Dunn, Michael Morse

Pitcher (22)

SP - Mark Buehrle
SP - Jonathon Niese
SP - Jason Hammel
SP - Aaron Harang
SP - Joe Kelly
SP - Joe Saunders
SP - Henderson Alvarez
SP - Luis Mendoza
SP - Jason Vargas
SP - Jose Quintana
SP - Dan Straily
SP - Jacob Turner
SP - Shelby Miller
SP/RP - Michael Wacha
SP/RP - Josh Collmenter
SP/RP - Hector Santiago
RP - Boone Logan
RP - Santiago Casilla
RP - Tim Collins
RP - Dave Robertson
RP - Kevin Siegrist
CL - Trevor Rosenthal

The following players did not accumulate 30 IP, or 100 AB, so are considered uncarded. Uncarded players can be kept for free for 1 year, without costing a roster spot.
Uncarded Players:
RP - Javy Guerra
SP - Jeff Karstens
RP - Eric O'Flaherty
1B - Bryan LaHair
3B - Scott Moore

Offseason Trades

10/10/13
In need of some help at 3B, we complete a trade with Baltimore
Bal receives: 3rd round pick
StL receives: 3B David Freese, 6th round pick.

Freese was coming off an off year, but I felt he had some bounce back potential.

12/16/13
We add more help at 3B, acquiring a veteran LH bat that can hit righties.
TB receives: 6th round pick
StL receives: 3B Eric Chavez, 6th round pick

2/5/14
We add some catching help
Mia receives: Houston's 3rd round pick
StL receives: C Jarrod Saltalamacchia, 7th round pick

I have to then cut down to 25, and our roster shapes up a bit more, as we head into the Waiver Draft

Batter (12)
C - Alex Avila, Jarrod Saltalamacchia
2B - Matt Carpenter
SS - Jhonny Peralta
3B - David Freese, Eric Chavez
LF - Nate McLouth
DH - Adam Dunn

Pitcher (13)
SP - Joe Kelly
SP - Henderson Alvarez
SP - Jose Quintana
SP - Dan Straily
SP - Jacob Turner
SP - Shelby Miller
SP/RP - Michael Wacha
SP/RP - Josh Collmenter
SP/RP - Hector Santiago
RP - Santiago Casilla
RP - Dave Robertson
RP - Kevin Siegrist
CL - Trevor Rosenthal

cuts
C - Jesus Montero,
SS - Mike Aviles
3B - Ryan Flaherty
LF - Ryan Ludwick
OF - Michael Morse
SP - Mark Buehrle
SP - Jonathon Niese
SP - Jason Hammel
SP - Aaron Harang
SP - Joe Saunders
SP - Luis Mendoza
SP - Jason Vargas
RP - Boone Logan
RP - Tim Collins

Unfortunately, I had to cut both my 1st and 2nd round picks from the previous year.
I hate that these high picks became "wasted", but I just couldn't find room to keep them, unless I gave up on some of my pitching prospects (Turner, Santiago).
Old 03-16-2015, 02:03 PM   #21
Raven
College Prospect

2014 Waiver Draft

Code:
ROUND 1 TEAM SELECTION / PASS CUT REPLACEMENT St. Louis PASS Miami Joaquin Arias Donovan Solano Philadelphia Derek Holland Geovany Soto Boston Justin Maxwell Andy Dirks Baltimore Trevor Plouffe Delmon Young Kansas City Drew Stubbs Alfonso Soriano San Francisco PASS San Diego Bronson Arroyo Dale Thayer Toronto Geovany Soto Nate Jones Oakland Franklin Gutierrez Kelvin Herrera Tampa Bay PASS Houston Alfonso Soriano Anthony Varvaro Seattle PASS New York(NL) Jake Marisnick Sergio Santos Pittsburgh PASS ROUND 2 TEAM SELECTION / PASS CUT REPLACEMENT St. Louis Emilio Bonifacio Angel Pagan Miami PASS Philadelphia PASS Boston Brandon Cumpton Allen Webster Al Alburquerque Brandon Workman Baltimore Eric Stults Scott Diamond Kansas City PASS San Francisco PASS San Diego Mark Buehrle Kyle Blanks Toronto PASS Oakland Angel Pagan Juan Perez Tampa Bay PASS Houston PASS Seattle PASS New York(NL) Ike Davis Robbie Ross Allen Webster Cody Ross Pittsburgh Cody Ross Jeff Locke

I really liked Emilio Bonifacio's defensive versatility, and his speed. He can play play all positions, except Catcher, so I decided to pick him up in the 2nd round. I hated letting go of Pagan, but Pagan has limited ABs, and I was forced to make a difficult decision.

In retrospect, this was a bad decision. Pagan ended up having a very good 2014, and I believe I could have easily snagged Bonifacio in the mid to late rounds.

Oakland ended up grabbing Pagan a few picks later.

Last edited by Raven : 03-16-2015 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:15 PM   #22
Raven
College Prospect

A few teams decide to change home teams, as Philadelphia moves to Minnesotta, and Toronto moves to Chicago NL.
Both teams will receive their orginal teams rookies at the conclusion of this season, and will receive their new teams rookies beginning at the conclusion of next season.
This prevents teams from hopping year to year to grab the best rookies.

Philly to Minnesota is a move looking to grab Byron Buxton and Miguel Sano - 2 stud prospects.
Toronto to Chicago is a great move, as Chicago has a lot of young talented prospects in their system - Kris Bryant, Jorge Soler, Javier Baez, and a number of others.

Batter (12)
C - Alex Avila, Jarrod Saltalamacchia
2B - Matt Carpenter
SS - Jhonny Peralta
LF - Nate McLouth
CF - Michael Bourn
DH - Adam Dunn
UTIL - Emilio Bonifacio

Pitcher (13)
SP - Joe Kelly
SP - Henderson Alvarez
SP - Jose Quintana
SP - Dan Straily
SP - Jacob Turner
SP - Shelby Miller
SP/RP - Michael Wacha
SP/RP - Josh Collmenter
SP/RP - Hector Santiago
RP - Santiago Casilla
RP - Dave Robertson
RP - Kevin Siegrist
CL - Trevor Rosenthal

And onto the Draft
2014 Draft Results
Round 1

St. Louis -- Yasiel Puig, OF, Los Angeles(NL)
Pittsburgh -- Josh Donaldson, IF, Oakland
Minnesota -- Jose Iglesias, IF, Detroit
Boston -- Jose Veras, RP, Detroit
Baltimore -- Marlon Byrd, OF, Pittsburgh
New York(NL) -- Jurickson Profar, IF, Texas
San Francisco -- Yan Gomes, C, Cleveland
Chicago(NL) -- Tyson Ross, P, San Diego
Oakland -- Ryan Raburn, OF/2B, Cleveland
Tampa Bay -- Zack Wheeler, SP, New York(NL)
Kansas City -- Ervin Santana, SP, Kansas City
Houston -- Hyun-Jin Ryu, SP, Los Angeles(NL)
Miami -- Rajai Davis, OF, Toronto
Baltimore -- Ricky Nolasco, SP, Los Angeles(NL)
Miami -- J.J. Hoover, RP, Cincinnati

I grab a future star with the #1 pick in Yasiel Puig.

Round 2

St. Louis -- Anthony Rendon, IF, Washington
Chicago(NL) -- Danny Salazar, SP, Cleveland
Minnesota -- Patrick Corbin, SP, Arizona
Boston -- J.B. Shuck, OF, Los Angeles(AL)
Baltimore -- Scooter Gennett, 2B, Milwaukee
Seattle -- Brian Dozier, 2B, Minnesota
San Francisco -- Khris Davis, LF, Milwaukee
Tampa Bay -- Brandon Kintzler, RP, Milwaukee
Tampa Bay -- Jeanmar Gomez, P, Pittsburgh
Oakland -- Eric Sogard, 2B/SS, Oakland
Pittsburgh -- Dioner Navarro, C, Chicago(NL)
Houston -- Tony Cingrani, P, Cincinnati
Baltimore -- Juan Uribe, IF, Los Angeles(NL)
St. Louis -- Oswaldo Arcia, OF, Minnesota
Pittsburgh -- Charlie Blackmon, OF, Colorado

I grab another really highly touted prospect in Round 2, with Anthony Rendon.
Oswaldo Arcia is another prospect, power hitting OF.

Round 3

St. Louis -- Ubaldo Jimenez, SP, Cleveland
Miami -- Tanner Roark, P, Washington
New York(NL) -- Adam Eaton, OF, Arizona
Boston -- AJ Pollock, OF, Arizona
Baltimore -- Didi Gregorius, SS, Arizona
Kansas City -- Luke Hochevar, RP, Kansas City
San Francisco -- Chad Gaudin, P, San Francisco
San Diego -- Gaby Sanchez, 1B/3B, Pittsburgh
Kansas City -- Placido Polanco, 3B, Miami
Oakland -- Brett Oberholtzer, P, Houston
Tampa Bay -- Neil Cotts, RP, Texas
Miami -- Tyler Thornburg, P, Milwaukee
Seattle -- Caleb Thielbar, RP, Minnesota
Seattle -- Scott Feldman, SP, Interleague Card (Bal)
Baltimore -- Jhoulys Chacin, SP, Colorado

After a stellar 2nd half of the season, I may a homer pick and sign Ubaldo Jimenez, thinking Jimenez can turn things around in Baltimore (I am an Orioles fan).

Round 4

St. Louis -- Wil Nieves, C, Arizona
Pittsburgh -- Kole Calhoun, OF, Los Angeles(AL)
Minnesota -- Anthony Swarzak, RP, Minnesota
Boston -- Corey Kluber, P, Cleveland
Chicago(NL) -- Wily Peralta, SP, Milwaukee
Baltimore -- JP Howell, RP, Los Angeles(NL)
San Francisco -- Paco Rodriguez, RP, Los Angeles(NL)
New York(NL) -- Trevor Cahill, SP, Arizona
Baltimore -- Brett Cecil, RP, Toronto
Oakland -- Tanner Scheppers, RP, Texas
Kansas City -- Kevin Frandsen, IF, Philadelphia
Kansas City -- Mike Aviles, IF/LF, Cleveland
Seattle -- Fernando Rodney, RP, Tampa Bay
Baltimore -- Jonathan Herrera, IF, Colorado
St. Louis -- Avisail Garcia, OF, Chicago(AL)

I grab Wil Nieves here, because he is the only decent Catcher vs Left handed pitching.
I also snag Avisail Garcia, an OF prospect with the White Sox.

Round 5

St. Louis -- Tommy Hunter, RP, Baltimore
Miami -- Freddy Galvis, IF, Philadelphia
Kansas City -- Danny Valencia, 3B, Baltimore
Boston -- Eduardo Escobar, IF/LF, Minnesota
Chicago(NL) -- Mike Carp, 1B/OF, Boston
Miami -- Juan Lagares, OF, New York(NL)
San Francisco -- Curtis Granderson, OF, New York(AL)
Chicago(NL) -- Bryan Shaw, RP, Cleveland
Miami -- LaTroy Hawkins, RP, New York(NL)
Chicago(NL) -- Nate Jones, RP, Chicago(AL)
Tampa Bay -- Brandon Barnes, OF, Houston
Chicago(NL) -- Sean Rodriguez, IF/OF, Tampa Bay
New York(NL) -- Ryan Cook, RP, Oakland
Seattle -- Ryan Sweeney, OF, Chicago(NL)
Pittsburgh -- LJ Hoes, OF, Houston

Tommy Hunter will be the Orioles closer this season, and is excellent vs right handed batters.

Round 6

Tampa Bay -- Donnie Murphy, IF, Chicago(NL)
Miami -- Stephen Vogt, C, Oakland
Minnesota -- Shane Robinson, OF, St. Louis
Boston -- Felix Doubront, P, Boston
St. Louis -- Raul Ibanez, OF, Seattle
Tampa Bay -- Jeff Baker, IF/OF, Texas
San Francisco -- Alberto Callaspo, IF, Oakland
St. Louis -- Tom Wilhelmson, RP, Seattle
San Diego -- Derrick Robinson, OF, Cincinnati
Kansas City -- Junior Lake, OF, Chicago(NL)
Miami -- Henry Blanco, C, Seattle
Houston -- Justin Ruggiano, OF, Miami
New York(NL) -- Kelvin Herrera, RP, Kansas City
Pittsburgh -- Jose Lobaton, C, Tampa Bay
Pittsburgh -- Josh Satin, IF, New York(NL)

I grab another versatile reliever in WIlhelmson, and some power for the bench in Ibanez.

Round 7

Pittsburgh -- Chris Withrow, RP, Los Angeles(NL)
St. Louis -- Jimmy Rollins, SS, Philadelphia
Minnesota -- Jose Molina, C, Tampa Bay
Boston -- Nate Freiman, 1B, Oakland
Kansas City -- Nick Hundley, C, San Diego
San Diego -- Hank Conger, C, Los Angeles(AL)
San Francisco -- Alfredo Simon, RP, Cincinnati
Kansas City -- Carlos Torres, P, New York(NL)
Kansas City -- Randall Delgado, SP, Arizona
Oakland -- Robbie Grossman, OF, Houston
Pittsburgh -- Josh Rutledge, IF, Colorado
Tampa Bay -- Jesse Crain, RP, Chicago(AL)
Minnesota -- Daric Barton, 1B, Oakland
Pittsburgh -- Leonys Martin, OF, Texas
Pittsburgh -- Brad Peacock, P, Houston

I add a defensive SS, since Jhonny Peralta is only a 3, and Rollins is a 2.

Round 8

Seattle -- Ryan Hanigan, C, Cincinnati
Tampa Bay -- Nick Franklin, SS/2B, Seattle
Minnesota -- Brian Matusz, RP, Baltimore
Boston -- Roberto Hernandez, P, Tampa Bay
New York(NL) -- Rex Brothers, RP, Colorado
Oakland -- John Lackey, SP, Boston
San Francisco -- Jeff Locke, SP, Pittsburgh
San Diego -- Jayson Nix, IF, New York(AL)
New York(NL) -- Cody Allen, RP, Cleveland
Oakland -- Hector Sanchez, C, San Francisco
San Diego -- Jonny Gomes, OF, Boston
Houston -- Jason Frasor, RP, Texas
Chicago(NL) -- Blake Parker, RP, Chicago(NL)
Seattle -- Jeremy Guthrie, SP, Kansas City
Seattle -- Louis Coleman, RP, Kansas City

Round 9

Tampa Bay -- Ryan Goins, IF, Toronto
Chicago(NL) -- Erasmo Ramirez, SP, Seattle
Minnesota -- Cody Asche, 3B, Philadelphia
Boston -- Tyler Skaggs, SP, Arizona
Seattle -- Moises Sierra, OF, Toronto
Minnesota -- Ryan Pressly, RP, Minnesota
San Francisco -- Josh Beckett, SP, Los Angeles(NL)
San Diego -- Kyle Blanks, OF/1B, San Diego
Oakland -- Jordan Walden, RP, Atlanta
Oakland -- Jake Elmore, C/IF/OF, Houston
San Diego -- Jesse Chavez, RP, Oakland
Houston -- Vin Mazzaro, RP, Pittsburgh
Minnesota -- Aaron Hicks, CF, Minnesota
San Diego -- Justin Turner, IF/LF, New York(NL)
Seattle -- Raphael Soriano, RP, Washington
Round 10

Houston -- Ryan Flaherty, IF, Baltimore
Chicago(NL) -- Sam LeCure, RP, Cincinnati
Houston -- Jordan Schafer, OF, Atlanta
Boston -- Martin Perez, SP, Texas
Chicago(NL) -- Jarrod Dyson, CF, Kansas City
San Diego -- Kyle Kendrick, SP, Philadelphia
San Francisco -- Andy Dirks, OF, Detroit
San Diego -- Robbie Erlin, P, San Diego
New York(NL) -- Lucas Duda, LF/1B, New York(NL)
Oakland -- Scott Van Slyke, OF/1B, Los Angeles(NL)
Houston -- Dane De La Rosa, RP, Los Angeles(AL)
Houston -- David Ross, C, Boston
New York(NL) -- Anthony Recker, C, New York(NL)
New York(NL) -- John Axford, RP, St. Louis
Houston -- Chris Heisey, OF, Cincinnati

Last edited by Raven : 03-16-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:17 PM   #23
Raven
College Prospect

Forgot to mention -
We added a new rule this season which adds a 1 round Supplemental Draft after the regular draft. This was created because there have been multiple occasions where a team has had both catchers injured at once. There is a huge penalty for playing a player out of position at C, and we felt requiring 3 catchers on a 35 man roster was too restrictive. If you already have 3 catchers, you can take any position as your supplemental pick.

Supplemental picks are automatically released at the end of the season and can not be "keepers".

My supplemental pick was SF IF Tony Abreu, because he hit lefties fairly well.

And my 36 man roster is set heading into the season...

Batter (20)
C - Alex Avila, Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Wil Nieves
2B - Matt Carpenter, Anthony Rendon
SS - Jhonny Peralta, Jimmy Rollins
LF - Nate McLouth
CF - Michael Bourn
RF - Yasiel Puig, Avisail Garcia
DH - Adam Dunn, Oswaldo Arcia, Raul Ibanez
UTIL - Emilio Bonifacio, Tony Abreu

Pitcher (16)
SP - Joe Kelly
SP - Henderson Alvarez
SP - Jose Quintana
SP - Dan Straily
SP - Jacob Turner
SP - Shelby Miller
SP - Ubaldo Jimenez
SP/RP - Michael Wacha
SP/RP - Josh Collmenter
SP/RP - Hector Santiago
RP - Santiago Casilla
RP - Dave Robertson
RP - Kevin Siegrist
RP - Tommy Hunter
RP - Tom Wilhelmson
CL - Trevor Rosenthal

Last edited by Raven : 03-16-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:55 PM   #24
Raven
College Prospect

2014 Season Begins

April Results
Code:
Game# Opp Result Line Opp Line Innings SP Decision Save W-L Streak 1 TBP W 3-2 3-5-1 2-4-0 9 Wacha, Michael Wacha, Michael Robertson, David 1-0 W 1 2 TBP L 0-6 0-2-1 6-9-0 9 Miller, Shelby Miller, Shelby 1-1 L 1 3 TBP W 3-1 3-7-0 1-7-0 9 Straily, Dan Siegrist, Kevin Robertson, David 2-1 W 1 4 TBP L 2-7 2-7-0 7-10-1 9 Jimenez, Ubaldo Jimenez, Ubaldo 2-2 L 1 5 @SEA W 7-4 7-11-0 4-9-0 9 Quintana, Jose Quintana, Jose Rosenthal, Trevor 3-2 W 1 6 @SEA W 4-2 4-5-1 2-3-0 9 Kelly, Joe Kelly, Joe Robertson, David 4-2 W 2 7 @KCF W 2-1 2-6-0 1-7-1 9 Miller, Shelby Miller, Shelby Robertson, David 5-2 W 3 8 @KCF L 3-6 3-12-0 6-8-0 9 Straily, Dan Collmenter, Josh 5-3 L 1 9 @KCF L 4-6 4-7-0 6-8-2 9 Jimenez, Ubaldo Jimenez, Ubaldo 5-4 L 2 10 SDZ L 2-3 2-7-0 3-9-0 9 Quintana, Jose Quintana, Jose 5-5 L 3 11 SDZ L 7-10 7-17-1 10-21-0 19 Santiago, Hector Robertson, David 5-6 L 4 12 HOU W 8-4 8-10-2 4-11-0 9 Wacha, Michael Wacha, Michael 6-6 W 1 13 HOU L 5-8 5-10-0 8-9-0 9 Miller, Shelby Miller, Shelby 6-7 L 1 14 HOU L 7-9 7-11-0 9-11-1 9 Quintana, Jose Quintana, Jose 6-8 L 2 15 @HOU W 4-1 4-7-0 1-4-1 9 Straily, Dan Straily, Dan Rosenthal, Trevor 7-8 W 1 16 @HOU L 0-8 0-3-1 8-11-0 9 Kelly, Joe Kelly, Joe 7-9 L 1

April Record: 7-9
Old 03-17-2015, 04:02 PM   #25
Raven
College Prospect

May Results
Code:
Game# Opp Result Line Opp Line Innings SP Decision Save W-L Streak 17 @TBP L 1-2 1-4-1 2-3-0 9 Wacha, Michael Wacha, Michael 7-10 L 2 18 @TBP W 8-2 8-14-0 2-5-2 9 Miller, Shelby Miller, Shelby 8-10 W 1 19 @TBP L 0-5 0-5-0 5-7-1 9 Jimenez, Ubaldo Jimenez, Ubaldo 8-11 L 1 20 MIA W 5-2 5-12-0 2-5-0 9 Quintana, Jose Quintana, Jose Robertson, David 9-11 W 1 21 MIA L 1-5 1-7-1 5-9-1 9 Straily, Dan Straily, Dan 9-12 L 1 22 NYM W 5-4 5-9-0 4-8-0 9 Miller, Shelby Miller, Shelby 10-12 W 1 23 NYM W 13-5 13-17-0 5-16-1 9 Kelly, Joe Kelly, Joe Hunter, Tommy 11-12 W 2 24 NYM W 6-4 6-11-0 4-8-0 9 Jimenez, Ubaldo Jimenez, Ubaldo Robertson, David 12-12 W 3 25 NYM L 0-3 0-0-0 3-8-0 9 Quintana, Jose Quintana, Jose 12-13 L 1 26 @NYM W 5-1 5-8-0 1-6-0 9 Straily, Dan Straily, Dan 13-13 W 1 27 @NYM W 6-5 6-8-0 5-8-0 9 Miller, Shelby Miller, Shelby Robertson, David 14-13 W 2 28 @NYM W 7-6 7-11-0 6-9-0 9 Kelly, Joe Kelly, Joe Robertson, David 15-13 W 3 29 @PIT L 0-2 0-1-1 2-7-1 9 Alvarez, Henderson Alvarez, Henderson 15-14 L 1 30 @PIT L 9-12 9-12-0 12-14-0 9 Jimenez, Ubaldo Rosenthal, Trevor 15-15 L 2 31 @PIT L 3-5 3-7-0 5-8-0 9 Straily, Dan Straily, Dan 15-16 L 3 32 PIT L 6-8 6-7-0 8-18-0 9 Alvarez, Henderson Robertson, David 15-17 L 4 33 PIT L 1-3 1-3-1 3-8-0 9 Miller, Shelby Miller, Shelby 15-18 L 5

May Record: 8-9
Overall Record: 15-18
Old 03-17-2015, 04:25 PM   #26
Raven
College Prospect

Batting Stats thru game 34

Pitching Stats thru game 34

Old 03-17-2015, 04:58 PM   #27
Raven
College Prospect

June and July Results
Code:
Game# Opp Result Line Opp Line Innings SP Decision Save W-L Streak 34 @SFG W 7-2 7-11-1 2-6-1 9 Jimenez, Ubaldo Jimenez, Ubaldo 16-18 W 1 35 @SFG L 1-2 1-8-0 2-8-0 9 Straily, Dan Straily, Dan 16-19 L 1 36 @SFG L 5-8 5-13-1 8-15-0 9 Alvarez, Henderson Alvarez, Henderson 16-20 L 2 37 NYM W 2-0 2-7-1 0-4-0 9 Quintana, Jose Quintana, Jose 17-20 W 1 38 NYM W 9-0 9-15-0 0-2-1 9 Miller, Shelby Miller, Shelby 18-20 W 2 39 NYM W 10-0 10-11-0 0-4-0 9 Jimenez, Ubaldo Jimenez, Ubaldo 19-20 W 3 40 SFG W 6-2 6-11-0 2-9-0 9 Kelly, Joe Kelly, Joe 20-20 W 4 41 SFG L 0-2 0-3-0 2-8-0 9 Quintana, Jose Quintana, Jose 20-21 L 1 42 BOS W 9-4 9-14-0 4-8-0 9 Straily, Dan Straily, Dan 21-21 W 1 43 BOS W 4-2 4-8-0 2-5-1 9 Miller, Shelby Miller, Shelby Robertson, David 22-21 W 2 44 BOS L 1-8 1-5-1 8-11-0 9 Jimenez, Ubaldo Jimenez, Ubaldo 22-22 L 1 45 @BOS W 4-0 4-8-0 0-2-1 9 Kelly, Joe Kelly, Joe 23-22 W 1 46 @BOS W 5-4 5-9-1 4-10-0 9 Quintana, Jose Quintana, Jose Robertson, David 24-22 W 2 47 @OAK L 2-9 2-6-0 9-8-2 9 Straily, Dan Straily, Dan 24-23 L 1 48 @OAK W 4-3 4-7-1 3-5-1 10 Miller, Shelby Rosenthal, Trevor Robertson, David 25-23 W 1 49 @OAK L 0-11 0-2-1 11-11-1 9 Jimenez, Ubaldo Jimenez, Ubaldo 25-24 L 1 50 @OAK L 5-11 5-13-0 11-16-0 9 Quintana, Jose Quintana, Jose 25-25 L 2 51 OAK W 6-3 6-9-2 3-5-1 9 Kelly, Joe Hunter, Tommy Robertson, David 26-25 W 1 52 OAK W 5-3 5-11-0 3-6-0 9 Straily, Dan Straily, Dan Robertson, David 27-25 W 2 53 OAK W 5-2 5-8-1 2-9-1 9 Miller, Shelby Miller, Shelby Robertson, David 28-25 W 3 54 @CHC W 14-0 14-24-0 0-2-0 9 Jimenez, Ubaldo Jimenez, Ubaldo 29-25 W 4 55 @CHC L 0-6 0-6-0 6-8-0 9 Quintana, Jose Quintana, Jose 29-26 L 1 56 CHC L 2-7 2-5-0 7-8-0 9 Alvarez, Henderson Alvarez, Henderson 29-27 L 2 57 CHC L 1-10 1-5-0 10-16-0 9 Straily, Dan Straily, Dan 29-28 L 3 58 CHC W 8-4 8-15-0 4-8-1 9 Miller, Shelby Miller, Shelby 30-28 W 1 59 KCF L 3-13 3-11-0 13-19-0 9 Jimenez, Ubaldo Jimenez, Ubaldo 30-29 L 1 60 KCF L 5-7 5-9-1 7-10-0 9 Quintana, Jose Collmenter, Josh 30-30 L 2 61 @MIN W 10-0 10-15-0 0-5-2 9 Santiago, Hector Santiago, Hector 31-30 W 1 62 @MIN L 3-4 3-6-1 4-11-0 9 Alvarez, Henderson Alvarez, Henderson 31-31 L 1 63 TBP L 0-2 0-4-0 2-8-0 9 Miller, Shelby Miller, Shelby 31-32 L 2 64 TBP L 3-5 3-11-2 5-7-0 9 Jimenez, Ubaldo Jimenez, Ubaldo 31-33 L 3 65 TBP L 1-13 1-3-2 13-19-1 9 Quintana, Jose Quintana, Jose 31-34 L 4

After going 10-7 in June, we climb back to a .500 record at 25-25.
July fell off a bit, as played 10 of our 15 games vs the top tier of the league.

May Record: 8-9, 15-18
June Record: 10-7, 25-25
July Record: 6-9, 31-34
Overall Record: 31-34
Old 03-17-2015, 05:10 PM   #28
Raven
College Prospect

7/12/14
-------------------
We pull off a minor move, in an attempt to strenghten our bullpen and bench for a playoff push.
StL receives:
OF Justin Ruggiano , RP (Atl) David Carpenter, 6th Round Pick
Houston receives:
4th Round Pick

stats thru Game 68

Batting Stats

Pitching Stats
Old 03-18-2015, 12:31 AM   #29
Raven
College Prospect

August Results
NOTE: Again, sorry I don't have standings at this point, because I am writing this after the fact. Beginning in the 2015 season, this will be much more detailed!

We head into August at 31-34, with 13 of this month's 19 games against divisional rivals Baltimore and Oakland.

SP's Shelby Miller and Dan Straily have been short on innings, so I chose to send both down for a few series, to retain some of their innings for the stretch run. Likewise I've had to balance the ABs with 1B Matt Adams, RF Yasiel Puig, 3B Eric Chavez, and OF Avisail Garcia, in an effort to stretch them out for the remainder of the season.

After taking 2 of 3 vs San Diego (games 66-69), we head to Baltimore for 13 straight. Our record stands at 33-35.

I had strategically setup my scheduling with Baltimore, to face them all 13 in a row, so that I could have my roster at full force. I felt this was a pivotal stretch of games, as Baltimore was directly in my way of moving up in the division.

Game 69 @Bal. Michael Wacha vs Jared Weaver. Baltimore CF Adam Jones hits a solo HR in the 6th. Jared Weaver, Pedro Strop, Brett Cecil, Darren O'Day and Glen Perkins combine for a 2 hit shutout, and Baltimore wins 1-0.

Game 70 @Bal. Dan Straily vs Eric Stults. Baltimore takes a 2-0 lead in the 2nd, but we strike back with 2 in the 3rd, 3 in the 7th and 3 in the 9th, to win 8-2. Jarrod Saltalamacchia goes 2-5 with 2 HR and 5 RBI.

Game 71 @Bal. Jose Quintana vs Ricky Nolasco. HRs by Salty and Eric Chavez in the 2nd gives St Louis a 2-0 lead. Baltimore strikes back in the bottom of the inning on a solo HR by Marlon Byrd. Both teams add a run in the 3rd, and St Louis leads 3-2. Baltimore adds an RBI triple by Nori Aoki, and an RBI double from Dustin Ackley in the 7th, to take a 4-3 lead. They add 1 more in the 8th, and Baltimore wins 5-3.

Game 72 @Bal. Shelby Miller vs Jhoulys Chacin. In the top of the 3rd, Michael Bourn leads off with a single. After Anthony Rendon flys out, Bourn moves to 3rd on a double by Nate McLouth, and Jimmy Rollins walks to load the bases with one down. Michael Cuddyer puts the Cardinals ahead 1-0 with a single, but Yasiel Puig ends the inning grounding into a double play. Marlon Byrd's solo HR in the bottom of the inning ties things up at 1-1.

Cardinals add 1 in the 4th on a solo shot by Matt Adams, and 2 in the 6th when Adams hits a 2-run homer, scoring Puig. Both teams add one more run, but St Louis wins 5-2, and we split the series.

Record: 35-37
We head to St Louis for 3.

Game 73. Jeff Samardja vs Hector Santiago. Baltimore scores 2 in the 1st, 8 in the 2nd and 1 more in the 7th, to take a 11-0 lead. We get one in the bottom of the 9th on a solo HR from Jhonny Peralta, but fall 11-1.

Game 74. Miguel Gonzales vs Michael Wacha. A 3rd inning RBI single from Cuddyer puts us up 1-0. In the bottom of the 4th the bats finally open up as Matt Adams and Jhonny Peralta walk to lead off the inning. Eric Chavez' double scores Adams, and after Michael Bourn pops out, Nate McLouth drive Peralta and Chavez home with a double. Gonzales continues to struggle, allowing a walk to Matt Carpenter, an RBI single to Puig, an RBI groundout to Cuddyer, and an RBI single to Salty, before finally escaping the inning. The Cardinals score 6 more and take a 7-0 lead. Baltimore adds 2 later, and The Cards win 7-2.

Game 75. Eric Stults vs Joe Kelly. The Baltimore bats erupt for 1 in the 2nd, 2 in the 3rd, 5 in the 4th and 3 in the 6th, before eventually winning 11-2.

Record: 36-39.
Back to Baltimore for the final 3.

Game 76 @Bal. Dan Straily vs Jhoulys Chacin. Yasiel Puig doubles home Matt Carpenter in the 1st, for a 1-0 lead. But Aoki singles, Joey Votto walks, and Jason Castro singles to load the bases in the bottom of the 1st, with one out. Straily's wild pitch scores Aoki, Didi Gregorious' sac fly makes it 2-0, and Marlon Byrd singles home the 3rd run of the inning.

Cards get 2 in the 3rd, as Puig's 2 RBI single scores Matt Carpenter and Cuddyer to tie it up at 3-3. Carpenter's RBI single in the 4th puts the Cards ahead 4-3, and Matt Adams' solo shot in the 6th makes it 5-3. Pinch hitter Wilson Ramos gets one back for Baltimore, with a solo shot in the bottom of the 6th. Salty hits a solo HR in the 9th, and St Louis wins 6-4.

Game 77 @Bal. Jose Quintana vs Ricky Nolasco. The game is tied 1-1 heading into the 6th, but The Cardinals would break things open after that. Salty leads off with a HR, Adam Dunn doubles and scores on an Anthony Rendon single, and Rendon scores on a triple by Michael Bourn. Cards add 2 in the 7th (Cuddyer HR), 1 in the 8th, and 2 more in the 9th to eventually win 9-2.

Game 78 @Bal. Shelby Miller vs Francisco Liriano. Adam Jones solo HR in the 2nd gives Baltimore a 1-0 lead, but the Card get 3 in the 5th. Matt Carpenter singles and advances to 3rd on a Jimmy Rollins double. Both score on a single by Michael Bourn. After Justin Ruggiano walks, and Anthony Rendon singles to load the bases, Liriano uncorks a wild pitch to score a run making it 3-1.

David Robertson comes on to close out the 9th... Chris Denorfia and Matt Wieters single with one out, and Trevor Plouffe delivers a pinch hit double to make it 3-2. With runners at 2nd and 3rd, Robertson K's Ellian Herera, and gets Marlon Byrd to ground out to end the game. Cards win 3-2.

We go 6-4 vs Baltimore and get our record even at 39-39.

We then take 1 of 3 vs Oakland, and 2 of 3 vs Seattle to end August at 42-42.

August Results
Code:
Game# Opp Result Line Opp Line Innings SP Decision Save W-L Streak 66 @SDZ W 3-2 3-10-1 2-10-2 9 Kelly, Joe Rosenthal, Trevor Robertson, David 32-34 W 1 67 @SDZ W 4-2 4-9-0 2-7-0 9 Alvarez, Henderson Alvarez, Henderson Robertson, David 33-34 W 2 68 @SDZ L 3-4 3-8-1 4-9-0 9 Santiago, Hector Robertson, David 33-35 L 1 69 @BAL L 0-1 0-2-0 1-7-0 9 Wacha, Michael Wacha, Michael 33-36 L 2 70 @BAL W 8-2 8-13-1 2-8-0 9 Straily, Dan Straily, Dan Rosenthal, Trevor 34-36 W 1 71 @BAL L 3-5 3-11-1 5-10-0 9 Quintana, Jose Hunter, Tommy 34-37 L 1 72 @BAL W 5-2 5-10-0 2-9-0 9 Miller, Shelby Miller, Shelby Robertson, David 35-37 W 1 73 BAL L 1-11 1-4-0 11-14-1 9 Santiago, Hector Santiago, Hector 35-38 L 1 74 BAL W 7-2 7-12-0 2-8-0 9 Wacha, Michael Wacha, Michael Collmenter, Josh 36-38 W 1 75 BAL L 2-11 2-7-2 11-17-2 9 Kelly, Joe Kelly, Joe 36-39 L 1 76 @BAL W 6-4 6-14-0 4-6-1 9 Straily, Dan Straily, Dan Robertson, David 37-39 W 1 77 @BAL W 9-2 9-14-0 2-7-1 9 Quintana, Jose Quintana, Jose 38-39 W 2 78 @BAL W 3-2 3-5-1 2-8-1 9 Miller, Shelby Miller, Shelby Robertson, David 39-39 W 3 79 OAK L 2-3 2-6-1 3-6-0 9 Wacha, Michael Rosenthal, Trevor 39-40 L 1 80 OAK W 10-1 10-16-0 1-8-0 9 Santiago, Hector Santiago, Hector 40-40 W 1 81 OAK L 6-13 6-10-0 13-16-0 9 Kelly, Joe Kelly, Joe 40-41 L 1 82 SEA W 2-1 2-4-0 1-8-0 9 Straily, Dan Straily, Dan Robertson, David 41-41 W 1 83 SEA L 2-3 2-11-0 3-5-2 9 Wacha, Michael Hunter, Tommy 41-42 L 1 84 SEA W 5-4 5-18-1 4-10-2 15 Quintana, Jose Hunter, Tommy 42-42 W 1

August Record: 11-8, 42-42
Overall Record: 42-42

Last edited by Raven : 03-18-2015 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:44 AM   #30
Raven
College Prospect

Stat thru game 84

Batting

Pitching
Old 03-18-2015, 08:15 PM   #31
Raven
College Prospect

September 2014
Code:
D1 Chicago 55-29 Seattle 42-42 Houston 39-45 Minnesota 33-51 Boston 27-57 D2 Pittsburgh 58-26 Kansas City 55-29 San Francisco 45-39 San Diego 38-46 Miami 28-56 D3 Tampa Bay 57-27 Oakland 44-40 St Louis 42-42 Baltimore 39-45 New York 28-56

Playoff Race

With 3 Division Winners receiving the top 3 seeds, and the next 3 best records receiving Wild Card bids, the playoff race is starting to shape up.

With Chicago running away in D1, only Seattle has a chance to catch them.
Pittsburgh and Kansas City battle it out in D2.
And Tampa Bay's Magic Number is just 5, with 18 games to go.

KC, SF, and Oakland currently hold the top 3 wild card spots, but St Louis and Seattle both stand just 2 games behind Oakland, and 3 behind San Francisco.

Code:
#1 Pittsburgh 58-26 #2 Tampa Bay 57-27 #3 Chicago 55-29 WC1 Kansas City 55-29 WC2 San Francisco 45-39 WC3 Oakland 44-40 ---------------------- St Louis 42-42 Seattle 42-42
Old 03-18-2015, 08:32 PM   #32
Raven
College Prospect

Game 85 @Mia. Shelby Miller vs Jose Fernandez.
The Cardinals score one in the 3rd on an RBI double by Nate McLouth, and add one more in the 4th on a Matt Adams solo HR. In the 5th, Jimmy Rollins and Nate McLouth lead off with back-to-back walks, and advance on a sac bunt by Matt Carpenter. Michael Cuddyer delivers a 2 run double, to put St Louis up 4-0.

Shelby Miller pitches 6 shutout innings, allowing 4 hits and 9 K's, and Tom Wilhelmson gets the 3 inning save, as the Cards beat Miami 4-0.

Game 86 @Mia. Joe Kelly vs Mike Leake.
Anthony Rendon's Sac Fly drives in Jarrod Saltalamacchia in the 2nd, and Michael Cuddyer's double scores Nate McLouth in the third to give St Louis a 2-0 lead. They add another in the 5th, as McLouth triples and scores on a sac fly by Matt Carpenter. Joe Kelly pitchings a 1 hit shutout through 5, and David Carpenter, Trevor Rosenthal, and David Robertson pitch 4 innings of 1 hit shutout ball, to seal the Cardinals 3-0 lead.

Game 87 @MIa. Henderson Alvarez vs Dan Haren.
Ian Desmond's 2 run HR in the 1st gives Miami a 2-0 lead. Cardinals get 2 of their own in the 3rd to tie it up, as Nate McLouth doubles, scores on a single by Matt Carpenter, and then Carpenter scores on a single by Michael Cuddyer.

In the 4th, both teams add two, as Jhonny Peralta's 2 run HR for St Louis takes the lead, but an RBI triple from Brandon Phillips, and a single by Carl Crawford allows Miami to tie it up at 4-4. David Freese gives the Cards a lead in the 6th with an RBI double, and we head to the 8th.

Chris Davis hits a solo shot off of Trevor Rosenthal to tie it up at 5-5, and Brandon Phillips leads off with a single for Miami in the bottom of the 9th. Rajai Davis comes on to pinch run and steals 2nd, and then advances to third on a groundout. Ian Desmond drives in Davis with a one out single to win it for Miami 6-5.

SF takes 2 of 3 vs Pittsburgh.
Seattle takes 2 of 3 vs Houston.
And Oakland sweeps 3 from Baltimore, to tie SF for the WC2 spot

Code:
WC2 San Francisco 47-40 WC3 Oakland 47-40 ---------------------- St Louis 44-43 Seattle 44-43
Old 03-18-2015, 08:53 PM   #33
Raven
College Prospect

Game 88 vs Bal. Eric Stults vs Dan Straily.
After Baltimore scores 2 in the 1st, Michael Cuddyer continues his hot September, with a 2 run single to tie it up at 2-2. Manny Machado's RBI double for Baltimore gives them a 3-2 lead in the 3rd.

In the bottom of the inning, The Cardinals explode for 6 consective hits - Matt Carpenter double, Jhonny Peralta single, David Freese RBI single, Michael Cuddyer RBI single, Yasiel Puig RBI single, Wil Nieves RBI double. Two outs later, Justin Ruggiano caps the scoring with an RBI single, giving the Cardinals a 7-3 lead.

In the 4th, the Cards add 4 more as Jhonny Peralta walks and scores on a David Freese triple. Cuddyer knocks in Freese with a triple, Puig singles, Nieves adds an RBI single, and Anthony Rendon adds an RBI with a sac fly. The Cardinals ad 4 more in the 5th on an RBI double by David Freese, and a 3 run HR from Wil Nieves, to take a 15-3 lead.

Baltimore adds 2 in the 7th, 2 in the 8th, and 1 more in the 9th, but the Cardinals win 15-8.

Game 89 vs Bal. Jared Weaver vs Jose Quintana.
Chris Denorfia's 3 run HR, gives Baltimore a 3-0 lead in the 1st. Cards get 2 back, on a solo HR from Matt Carpenter, and a RBI single from Jhonny Peralta to score Yasiel Puig.

The Cardinals bats continue to torch Baltimore pitching, adding 5 in the 3rd - McLouth singles, steals second and scores on a single by Carpenter. Cuddyer singles, and Puig walks to load the bases. A 2 run double from Peralta, Sac Fly from Freese, and RBI double from Rendon gives the Cards a 7-3 lead.

After a shaky 1st inning, Jose Quintana goes the distance and the Cards win 7-3, striking out 12.

Game 90 vs Bal. Francisco Liriano vs Shelby Miller.
Puig's 2 RBI single, and Wil Nieves RBI single, give the Cards a 3-0 lead after 1. Baltimore adds a run in the 3rd and 4th to cut the lead to 3-2.

In the 5th, the Cards score 6 unearned runs, on a rare Manny Machado error. An RBI single by Rendon, a 2 RBI single from Avisail Garcia, and a 3 run homer from Supplemental Pick Tony Abreu accounts for the scoring, to give the Cards a 9-2 lead. Freese and Nieves again add RBI hits in the 8th to make it 11-2.

In the 9th, Baltimore tags Hector Santiago for 4 runs, on singles by Didi Gregorious and Chris Denorfia, a double by Elian Herrara, and a sac fly from Adam Jones.

Cards win 11-7 and sweep the 3 game series.

Seattle goes 1-2 vs Pitt, to drop to .500
San Francisco gets swept in 3 vs Chicago, and we tie SF with the same record.
Oakland did not play, and jumps ahead of SF.

Wild Card race before
Code:
WC2 San Francisco 47-40 WC3 Oakland 47-40 ---------------------- St Louis 44-43 Seattle 44-43

Wild Card race after
Code:
WC2 Oakland 47-40 TIE San Francisco 47-43 TIE St Louis 47-43 ---------------------- Seattle 45-45

Last edited by Raven : 03-18-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:16 PM   #34
Raven
College Prospect

Game 91 @Oak. Joe Kelly vs Justin Verlander.
Oakland tags Kelly for 3 in the third on a Ryan Raburn RBI single, and David Ortiz 2 RBI single. Avisail Garcia gets one back in the 4th for the Cards, knocking in Anthony Rendon with a single. Lorenzo Cain's solo HR for Oakland makes it 4-1 after 4. Raburn and Ortiz again account for 3 Oakland RBIs in the 6th to make it 7-1 Oakland. Oakland wins 7-1.

Game 92 @Oak. Dan Straily vs Max Scherzer.
Oakland takes a 3-1 lead into the 7th. Michael Cuddyer, Wil Nieves, and David Freese come up and to each pinch hit(!) with back-to-back-to-back singles. Freese single scores Cuddyer, and Max Scherzer is pulled from the game. Yasiel Puig comes on to pinch hit and K's, and Alex Avila comes on to pinch hit (the 5th consective pinch hitter of the inning for the Cardinals) and hits a 3 run HR to give the Cards a 4-3 lead! Cards add anotehr run in the 8th, and win 5-3. David Carpenter, Kevin Siegrist, Santiago Casilla, and David Robertson combine for 4 innings of no-hit shutout relief for the Cardinals.

Game 93 @Oak. Jose Quintana vs Jarrod Parker.
Former Cardinal Angel Pagan hits a solo HR for Oakland in the 3rd. After surrendering just 1 hit through 6, Parker heads to the 7th. Matt Adams singles, and pinch runner Emilio Bonifacio steals 2nd and scores on an RBI single from Cuddyer. After Eric Chavez singles, and both runners advance on a sac bunt by Yasiel Puig. A passed ball scores a run, and Jimmy Rollins sac fly gives St Louis a 3-1 lead. David Carpenter, Trevor Rosethal, and David Robertson shut down Oakland for the next 3 innings, and St Louis wins 3-1.

St Louis takes 2 of 3 vs Oakland, and takes the WC 2 spot.
San Francisco did not play, and Oakland stays 1 game ahead of them.
Seattle loses 2 of 3 to Minnesota.

Wild Card race before
Code:
WC2 Oakland 47-40 TIE San Francisco 47-43 TIE St Louis 47-43 ---------------------- Seattle 45-45
Wild Card race after

Code:
WC2 St Louis 49-44 WC3 Oakland 48-42 ---------------------- San Francisco 47-43 Seattle 46-47

Last edited by Raven : 03-18-2015 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:27 PM   #35
Raven
College Prospect

Oakland takes 2 of 3 vs New York, to jump back in front of us.
San Francisco did not play

Oak, Sea and StL have all played 93.
SF has played 90.

Code:
WC2 Oakland 50-43 WC3 St Louis 49-44 ---------------------- San Francisco 47-43 Seattle 46-47

Last edited by Raven : 03-18-2015 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:42 PM   #36
Raven
College Prospect

Game 94 vs Min. Derek Holland vs Shelby Miller.
Jhonny Peralta and Oswaldo Arcia add RBIs in the 1st, David Freese doubles in a run in the 3rd, and Matt Carpenter knocks in one in the 6th.

Shelby Miller pitches 6 shutout innings. Cardinals win 4-1

Game 95 vs Min. Jonathon Pettibone vs Joe Kelly.
Eric Chavez singles in a run in the 1st, and hits a solo HR in the 4th, as the Cardinals win 2-1. Kelly pitches 5.2, allowing 1 run, and Casilla, Siegrist, Rosenthal and Robertson pitch 3.1, allowing 0 runs on 2 hits.

Game 96 vs Min. R.A. Dickey vs Hector Santiago.
Minnesota tags Santiago for 6 runs (4 earned) in 3 innings. Carpenter adds a solo HR for the Cardinals in the 3rd, and Rollins, McLouth and Salty add RBIs in the 4th. Minnesota wins 8-4.

St Louis takes 2 of 3 vs Minnesota. (6 games remaining)
Seattle loses 2 of 3 to lowly Boston. (6 games remaining)
Oakland loses 2 of 3 to Chicago. (6 games remaining) and stays slightly ahead of SF.
San Francisco did not play. (12 games remaining)

Before

Code:
WC2 Oakland 50-43 WC3 St Louis 49-44 ---------------------- San Francisco 47-43 Seattle 46-47

After
Code:
WC2 St Louis 51-45 WC2 Oakland 51-45 ---------------------- San Francisco 47-43 Seattle 47-49

Last edited by Raven : 03-18-2015 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:48 PM   #37
Raven
College Prospect

San Francisco takes 2 of 3 vs Oakland.
San Francisco takes 2 of 3 vs San Diego, to climb within 1 of St Louis.

Before
Code:
WC2 St Louis 51-45 WC2 Oakland 51-45 ---------------------- San Francisco 47-43 Seattle 47-49
After
Code:
WC2 St Louis 51-45 WC2 San Francisco 51-45 ---------------------- Oakland 52-47 Seattle 47-49

St Louis 6 games remaining.
San Francisco 6 games remaining.
Oakland 3 games remaining.
Seattle 6 games remaining.

Last edited by Raven : 03-18-2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:21 PM   #38
Raven
College Prospect

Game 97 @New York. Dan Straily vs Jon Lester.
The game goes scoreless after 4. Tony Abreu leads off the top of the 5th with a single, and Puig moves him over with a single. After a Wil Nieves double play, Michael Bourn singles home Abreu for a 1-0 Cardinals lead.

That would be all the scoring for the day, as the Cardinals win 1-0.
Straily pitches 6 innings of 2-hit shutout ball, and Casilla, Siegrist and Rosenthal allow just 1 hit in the remaining 3 innings.

Game 98 @New York. Jose Quintana vs Wily Peralta.
A crucial injury happens in the 1st, as Michael Cuddyer in injured and will miss 9 games.

An error by Pitcher Wily Peralta sends Jarrod Saltalamacchia to 2nd in the 2nd. A single by Eric Chavez, and a sac fly by Matt Adams puts the Cardinals up 1-0. The Mets tie it up in the 6th on a single by Drew Stubbs, and the game would remained tied until the 10th.

In the top of the 10th, a one out single by Matt Carpenter, and a double by Anthony Rendon puts runners at 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Eric Chavez doubles both home, and the Cardinals hold on to win 3-1.

Jose Quintana goes 5.1, and Kevin Siegrist, Tommy Hunter, Santiago Casilla and Trevor Rosenthal combine for 4.2 innings of shutout relief.

Game 99 @New York. Shelby Miller vs Felix Hernandez.
Eric Chavez continues his September hot streak, doubling home Nate McLouth in the 1st. An Ike Davis RBI ties it up in the 4th, and David Carpenter's wild pitch allows New York to take the lead in the 8th.

Chavez again doubles in the 9th, and pinch runner Emilio Bonifacio steals 3d and scores on a single by Salt, to tie it at 2-2. In the bottom of the 9th, Billy Butler walks and pinch runner Adam Eaton steals second and scores on a single by Ike Davis to give New York the win 3-2.

St Louis takes 2 of 3 vs New York.
SF sweeps 3 from Kansas City, to tie St Louis.
Seattle goes 1-2 vs Chicago, and is eliminated.

Before
Code:
WC2 St Louis 51-45 WC2 San Francisco 51-45 ---------------------- Oakland 52-47 Seattle 47-49

After
Code:
WC2 San Francisco 54-45 WC3 St Louis 53-46 ---------------------- Oakland 52-47 Seattle 48-51

St Louis 3 games remaining.
San Francisco 3 games remaining.

Last edited by Raven : 03-18-2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:28 PM   #39
Raven
College Prospect

San Francisco goes 1-2 vs Miami and finishes the season with 55 wins.
Oakland wins 2 of 3 vs Tampa Bay to finish with 54 wins.

Before
Code:
WC2 San Francisco 54-45 WC3 St Louis 53-46 ---------------------- Oakland 52-47 Seattle 48-51

San Francisco 3 games remaining.

After
Code:
WC1 San Francisco 55-47 WC2 St Louis 53-46 ---------------------- Oakland 54-48

We went 7-6 vs Oakland this year, so hold the tie breaker vs them.
We went 2-3 vs SF this year, so they hold the tie breaker vs us.

If we win all 3 vs Tampa Bay, we get the #2 Wild Card.
If we win 2, we lose the tie breaker vs SF, and get the #3 Wild Card.
If we win 1, we win the tie breaker vs Oak, and get the #3 Wild Card.
If we win 0, we go home...

Last edited by Raven : 03-18-2015 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:35 PM   #40
Raven
College Prospect

Game 100 @ TB. Joe Kelly vs David Price.
A sac fly by Emilio Bonifacio gives us a 1-0 lead in the 2nd. An Error by SS Jhonny Peralta in the 3rd allows Tampa to later score 2 unearned runs on a double by Andre Ethier.

Eric Chavez double in the 4th cuts the deficit to 3-2, and Matt Carpenter singles home Avisail Garcia in teh 5th to tie it up. Tampa regains the lead in the bottom of the 5th on an RBI groundout, and Tampa Bay goes on to win 4-3.

Game 101 @ TB. Hector Santiago vs Kris Medlen.
Eric Chaves goes 4-4 with a triple, double, 2 singles, and 3 RBIs. Michael Bourn and Alex Avila each add HRs, and St Louis wins 9-4.

The wins ties Oakland, guaranteeing us a playoff spot.

Game 102 @ TB. Dan Straily vs Chris Archer.
With 1 out in the 2nd, Alex Avila walks, and advances to third on Jhonny Peralta's single. Archer's wild pitch scores Avila, and Avisail Garcia singles home Peralta. Bourn and ROllins walk to load the bases. McLouth and Carpenter both walk to score a run, and Eric Chavez is HBP to score another, giving St Louis a 5-0 lead.

Dan Straily pitches 6.2 perfect inning, but must be pulled because he has reached his innings limit on the season. Tom Wilhelmson and David Robertson finish off Tampa, and St Louis wins 5-0.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:37 PM   #41
Raven
College Prospect

The win gives St Louis a 55-47 record, and ties them with San Francisco. SF holds the tie breaker, and St Louis gets the #6 spot in the playoffs.

The 55 wins is a 20 win improvement over the previous season, and the 1st playoff berth for the Cardinals.

August Record: 11-8, 42-42
September 13-5, 55-47
Overall Record: 55-47

2014 Final Standings
Code:
D1 Chicago 67-35 Seattle 50-52 Houston 49-53 Minnesota 42-60 Boston 35-67 D2 Pittsburgh 70-32 Kansas City 63-39 San Francisco 55-47 San Diego 44-58 Miami 35-67 D3 Tampa Bay 69-33 St Louis 55-47 Oakland 54-48 Baltimore 44-58 New York 33-69

Playoffs

Code:
#1 Pittsburgh 70-32 #2 Tampa Bay 69-33 #3 Chicago 67-35 WC1 Kansas City 63-39 WC2 San Francisco 55-47 WC3 St Louis 55-47

Round 1
#1 Pitt - Bye
#2 TB - Bye
#3 Chicago vs #6 St Louis
#4 KC vs #5 SF

Last edited by Raven : 03-18-2015 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:04 AM   #42
Raven
College Prospect

A 13-5 September, was a combined effort, as a lot of players got hot at the same time.

Starters
Shelby Miller went 3-0 in 23.2 IP over 4 starts, with a 1.14 ERA
Dan Straily went 3-0 in 22.2 IP over 4 starts, with a 2.38 ERA
Jose Quintana went 1-0 in 20 IP over 3 starts, with a 2.25 ERA
Joe Kelly went 2-0 in 20 IP over 4 starts, with a 3.15 ERA

Relievers
Tommy Hunter was utterly dominant, allowing 0 hits, 0 walks and 0 runs in 9.2 IP.
Tom Wilhelmson, Santiago Casilla, Kevin Siegrist and Trevor Rosenthal pitched 28 IP, allowing just 5 earned runs, and recording 3 saves.
David Robertson recorded 5 saves in 5.1 IP, and allowed 0 ER.

Batting
Matt Carpenter went 24-68, for a .353 avg and scored 12 runs.
SS Jhonny Peralta went 16-41 for a .390 avg.
Michael Cuddyer went 15-30, for a .500 avg and knocked in 9 RBIs, and missed the last 4 games due to an injury.
Eric Chavez went 12-29, hitting .414 and had 9 RBIs and 5 doubles.
David Freese went 10-28, with 5 doubles and 9 RBIs, for a .357 avg.
Wil Nieves batted .375, going 6-16 with 6 RBIs.
Tony Abreu hit .500l, going 7-14.
Nate McLouth had 4 SB, Michael Bourn 3, and Emilio Bonifacio also had 3.

Final 2014 Stats

Last edited by Raven : 03-19-2015 at 12:24 AM.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:24 PM   #43
Raven
College Prospect

2014 Playoffs

We get the #6 seed and face #3 Chicago in a best of 5 series.
We must play game 1 without Jimmy Rollins (injured 1 day)
We must also play the first 3 without Michael Cuddyer. (still injured)

Game 1 @Chicago.

St Louis lineup
Nate McLouth LF
Avisail Garcia CF
Matt Carpenter 3B
Jarrod Saltalamacchia C
Yasiel Puig RF
Jhonny Peralta SS
Matt Adams 1B
Anthony Rendon 2B
Wil Nieves DH
SP Shelby Miller 13 - 4, 3.23 ERA, 119.2 IP

Chicago lineup
Neil Walker 2B
Shin Soo Choo LF
Carlos Beltran DH
Wil Venable CF
Mike Carp 1B
Pablo Sandoval 3B
Hunter Pence RF
Brian McCann C
Jean Segura SS
SP Tim Hudson 9 - 2, 3.28 ERA, 79.2 IP

Top of 1st
Avisail Garcia hits a 1 out single and steals 2B, but is stranded.

Bottom of 1st
Neil Walker walks. Choo and Beltran single to load the bases. Venable pops out, and Mike Carp singles home Choo and Beltran. Pence singles home Beltran. McCann single drives in Carp.
Chicago leads 4-0.

Top of 3rd
Rendon doubles, and scores on a single by Nieves. McLouth pops out, and Garcia grounds into a double play.
Chicago leads 4-1.

Top of 4th
A one out double by Saltalamacchia. Puig flies out, and Peralta's double scores Salty. Adams k's to end the threat.
Chicago leads 4-2.

Top of 5th
Rendon and Nieves both single, and Chicago pulls Hudson and brings in Sam Lecure. McLouth K's for the 1st out. Garcia singles home Rendon, and Carpenter doubles in Nieves. Salty doubles home Garcia and Carpenter. Blake Parker relieves Lecure. Puig grounds out and Peralta singles in Salty. Matt Adams flies out to end the inning.
St Louis leads 7 - 4

Bottom of 5th
Choo hits a leadoff HR vs Miller. Beltran singles and advanced on a groundout by Venable. Carp doubles home Venable to make it a 1 run game.
Kevin Siegrist comes on in relif. Sandoval singles Carp to third, but Siegrist K's Pence and retires PH Wilin Rosario to the inning.
St Louis leads 7 - 6

Santiago Casilla pitches a 1 hit 7th.
Tommy Hunter goes 2 innings of relif.
Trevor Rosenthal gets the save, in 1 inning of relif.

Avisail Garcia 2-3, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 SB
Jarrod Saltalamacchia 2-4, 2 doubles, 2 RBI
Jhonny Peralta 2-3, double, 2 RBI, BB
Anthony Rendon 2-2, 2 R, 2B
Wil Nieves 2-4, 1R, 1 RBI

Shelby Miller 4.1 IP, 6 ER, 8 H, 1 K, 2 BB, 1 HR
Kevin Siegrist .2 IP, 1 H, 1 K
Santiago Casilla 1 IP, 1 H, 2 K, 1 BB
Tommy Hunter 2 IP, 2 K
Trevor Rosenthal 1 IP, 1 K

W Kevin Siegrist
Sv Trevor Rosenthal

Game 2 @Chicago

St Louis lineup
Nate McLouth LF
Matt Carpenter 2B
Eric Chavez 3B
Jarrod Saltalamacchia C
Yasiel Puig RF
Jhonny Peralta DH
Matt Adams 1B
Jimmy Rollins SS
Michael Bourn CF
SP Michael Wacha 3 - 2, 1.40 ERA, 45 IP

Chicago lineup
Aramis Ramirez 3B
Shin Soo Choo LF
Carlos Quintin DH
Edwin Encarnacion 1B
Jean Segura SS
Hunter Pence RF
Howie Kendrick 2B
Wil Venable CF
Neil Walker 2B
Wilin Rosario C

SP Hiroki Kuroda 13 - 6, 3.60 ERA, 138.2 IP (Combined stats - Acquired from mid-season trade with Houson)

Top 3rd
Bourn leadsoff with a walk. McLouth flies out. Matt Carpenter hits a 2 run HR to score Bourn. Chavez K's. Salty hits a solo HR.
St Louis leads 3-0

Bottom 3rd
Wil Venable solo HR.
St Louis leads 3 - 1

Bottom 6th
Wacha is pulled after 5 innings (out of innings).
5 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 H, 1 HR, 5 K
Tommy Hunter on in relief. Brian McCann pinch hits for Rosario, and hits a solo HR off of Hunter.
St Louis leads 3 - 2

Bottom 8th
Kevin Siegrist on for his 2nd inning of relief.
Siegrist walks Pence, but gets Kendrick to ground into a double play.
Trevor Rosenthal in to pitch.
Venable singles and Brian McCann walks.
Pablo Sandoval gets a "clutch" hit and singles home Venable. Rosenthal is now tired, and Santiago Casilla comes in to pitch.
Carlos Beltran rolls a wild pitch check (would have been an out). Result is no wild pitch, but Beltran then rolls another "clutch" single, to score McCann. Casilla then walks Carlos Quentin but the K's Encarnacion.
Chicago leads 4-3

Top 9th
With LH 1B Matt Adams at the plate, Chicago brings on LH Sean Doolittle.
St Louis pinch hits Anthony Rendon, and Doolittle K's Rendon.
Jimmy Rollins is up next, and Chicago brings on Joe Nathan.
Rollins singles, and Avisail Garcia PHs for Michael Bourn. Garcia grounds into a double play to end the game.

Chicago wins 4-3

Matt Carpenter 2-4, 1 HR, 1 R, 2 RBI
Jarrod Saltalamacchia 2-4, 1 HR, 1 R, 1 RBI
Yasiel Puig 2-4

Michael Wacha 5 IP, 1 ER, 1 H, 1 HR, 0 BB, 5 K
Tommy Hunter 1 IP, 1 ER, 1 H, 1 HR
Kevin Siegrist 1.2 IP, 1 H 1 BB
Trevor Rosenthal 0 IP, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 H, 1 BB
Santiago Casilla .1 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 1 K

Series tied 1-1
Old 03-20-2015, 11:51 PM   #44
Raven
College Prospect

We have a day off, and then fly to St Louis

Game 3 @ St Louis

Chicago lineup
Jarrod Dyson CF
Shin Soo Choo LF
Carlos Beltran DH
Neil Walker 2B
Pablo Sandoval 3B
Wil Venable RF
Edwin Encarnacion 1B
Brian McCann C
Jean Segura SS
SP Clay Buccholz 5-3, 68.2 IP, 3.67 ERA (combined stats - acquired from trade with Boston)

St Louis lineup
Nate McLouth LF
Avisail Garcia CF
Matt Carpenter 3B
Jarrod Saltalamacchia C
Yasiel Puig RF
Eric Chavez DH
Jhonny Peralta SS
Matt Adams 3B
Anthony Rendon 2B
SP Dan Straily 10-5, 4.02 ERA, 105.1 IP

Top 2nd
Straily retires Venable and Encarnacion to lead off the inning.
McCann doubles, and Segura singles him in. Segura steals 2nd, and Dyson doubles him home. Choo walks, and Straily retires Beltran to end the inning.
Chicago leads 2 - 0

Top 4th
Brian McCann hits a solor HR off of Straily
Chicago leads 3 - 0

Bottom 4th
With 2 outs, Salty singles, and Puig walks, but Chavez is retired to end the inning.

Bottom 6th
Garcia leads off with a walk. Carpenter and Salty are retired, and then Puig singles. Chavez again ends the rally, flying out.

Bottom 8th
Carpenter singles with 2 outs, and advances to 2nd on an E5. Salty K's to end the inning.

Bottom 9th
Joe Nathan on for the save. Puig and Jimmy Rollins are retired, but with 2 outs Jhonny Peralta singles. Matt Adams is retired to end the game.

Chicago wins 3-0

Dan Straily 9 IP, 3 ER, 9 H, 2 BB, 6 K, 1 HR

Game 4 @St Loius

Cuddyer FINALLY returns.
Chicago lineup
Jarrod Dyson CF
Shin Soo Choo LF
Carlos Beltran DH
Neil Walker 2B
Pablo Sandoval 3B
Mike Carp 1B
Brian McCann C
Will Venable RF
Jean Segura SS
SP Tim Hudson

St Louis lineup
Avisail Garcia CF
Matt Carpenter 3B
Michael Cuddyer 1B
Jarrod Saltalamacchia C
Yasiel Puig RF
Jhonny Peralta SS
Matt Adams DH
Anthony Rendon 2B
Nate McLouth LF
SP Shelby Miller

Bottom 1st
Avisail Garcia leads off with a trip, and scores on a sac fly by Carpenter.
St Louis leads 1-0

Top 2nd
A one out single by Sandoval, and a 2 out HBP by Brian McCann, is followed up with an RBI single by Will Venable.
1-1 tie

Bottom 2nd
Peralta doubles with 1 out, and with 2 outs, Anthony Rendon is HBP, but Nate McLouth is retired to the the threat.

Bottom 3rd
Garcia again leads off, this time with a single. Matt Carpenter walks. Both advance on a passed ball. Michael Cuddyer hits a sac fly to score Garcia, and Carpenter is gunned down trying to move to third for the 2nd out.
St Louis leads 2-1

Top 4th
Brian McCann AGAIN comes up big, hitting a 2 run HR to score Mike Carp.
Chicago leads 3-2

Bottom 4th
Puig singles and scores on a 2 run HR by Jhonny Peralta. Sam Lecure relieves Hudson and K's Adams and Eric CHavez. McLouth and Garcia hit back to back doubles as McLouth scores the 3rd run of the inning.
St Louis leads 5-3

Top 5th
Pablo Sandoval hits a solo HR, and Carp, McCann and Segura each hit singles to score another run for Chicago.
Game tied 5-5

Bottom 5th
Salty hits a solo HR to give St Louis a lead.
St Louis leads 6-5

Top 6th
Choo leads off with a walk. Miller Ks Beltran and retires Neil Walker for the 2nd out. Pablo Sandoval then singles, and Mike Carp hits a 3 run HR. Kevin Siegrist comes on and retires McCann to end the inning.
Chicago leads 8-6

Top 7th
Santiago Casilla pitching. Casilla K's Venable and then walks Segura, Dyson and Pence. Trevor Rosenthal on to pitch, and Carlos Beltran singles home Segura.
Chicago leads 9-6

Chicago wins 9-6 and takes the series.

Avisail Garcia went 4-5, 1 2B, 1 3B, 2 R, 1 RBI, 1 CS
Michael Cuddyer went 0-4, with a Sac Fly and 1 RBI in his lone playoff game
Old 03-20-2015, 11:55 PM   #45
Raven
College Prospect

Remainder of the Playoffs

WildCard Round
Chicago beats St Louis 3-1
KC beats SF 3-0

Round 2
KC beats Pittsburgh 4-2
Chicago beats Tampa Bay 4-3

World Series
Chicago vs KC
Game 1 Chicago wins 2-1
Game 2 Chicago wins 5-2
Game 3 Chicago wins 6-3
Game 4 KC wins 4-2
Game 5 Chicago wins 4-3 in 11 innings
Old 03-21-2015, 12:05 AM   #46
Raven
College Prospect

Tragedy Strikes
One of the biggest reasons I took the Cardinals was because of OF prospect Oscar Taveras. While he struggled this season with the Cards, i was very excited for the potential to add this future star to my roster. With him, Puig, Rendon, Adams and Carpenter, I felt my lineup could be really strong in a another year or so.

I'm watching the World Series (game 2 or 3?) and it runs across the ticker at the bottom of the screen...."Cardinals OF Oscar Taveras has died in a car accident"
Old 03-21-2015, 12:12 AM   #47
Raven
College Prospect

2015 Offseason Begins

At the conclusion of the 2014 season I received The Cardinals rookies:
2B Kolten Wong, OF Oscar Taveras, OF Randal Grichuk
SP/RP Carlos Martinez, RP Sam Freeman, SP/RP Marco Gonzales, RP Nick Greenwood

I automatically lose Supplemental pick Tony Abreu.
Eric Chavez only had 69 ABs and retires, so he won't be carded.

This leaves my roster at...

Batter (22)
C - Alex Avila, Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Wil Nieves
2B - Anthony Rendon, Kolten Wong
SS - Jhonny Peralta, Jimmy Rollins
3B - David Freese, Matt Carpenter
LF - Nate McLouth, Justin Ruggiano
CF - Michael Bourn
RF - Yasiel Puig, Avisail Garcia, Oscar Taveras, Randal Grichuk
UTIL - Emilio Bonifacio

Pitcher (20)
SP - Joe Kelly
SP - Henderson Alvarez
SP - Jose Quintana
SP - Dan Straily
SP - Jacob Turner
SP - Shelby Miller
SP - Ubaldo Jimenez
SP/RP - Michael Wacha
SP/RP - Josh Collmenter
SP/RP - Hector Santiago
SP/RP - Carlos Martinez
SP/RP - Marco Gonzales
RP - Kevin Siegrist
RP - Tommy Hunter
RP - Tom Wilhelmson
RP - Sam Freeman
RP - Nick Greenwood
RP - David Carpenter
CL - Trevor Rosenthal
CL - Santiago Casilla
CL - David Robertson

Last edited by Raven : 03-21-2015 at 01:03 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:41 AM   #48
Raven
College Prospect

The Baltimore franchise gets a new owner.
The San Francisco franchise gets a new owner.

Back to my roster...
Some of these guys are obvious cuts, others are more difficult decisions.

12/17/14
------------
To Cardinals: CF Dexter Fowler, 7th round pick
To Seattle: 2nd round pick
I make my 1st move of the offseason, deciding to acquire CF Dexter Fowler.

Fowler batted .276 with 8 HRs and 21 dobules, and 11 SBs. He is also a 3 in CF, which I am not thrilled with, but his OBP is very good, and extremly steady.
His OBP for 2014 is .375, and is consistently 80-100 points over his average for his career. I am also not sold on Bourn as my starter going forward, so I give up the 2 to get Fowler.

1/5/14
--------
KC receives: David Freese, 10th round pick
StL receives: 5th round pick

Freese hits lefties very well, but dos not hit righties. His defense is also terrible at third, so he was going to be a cut for me. I'm happy to get a 5 in return. (Unfortunately I gave up a 3 to get him).

1/5/15
---------
Houston receives: Alex Avila, 2016 10th round pick
StL receives: 2016 3rd round pick

Avila and Salty are pretty similar statistically this year. Salty had a down year, but was injured all year. I think he can bounce back and be productive power hitter, whearas I think Avila has defined exactly what he is to this point. Avila is better defensively, but he was expendable.

Early January
After analyzing my roster, I don't think I can keep Marco Gonazales. While scouting reports say he is a finess pitcher, with a dominant changeup and potential to be a #2 or #3, he is also a lefty.

I also like Kolten Wong at 2B. He has speed, power, and can play defense. But I have Rendon and Carpenter at 2B/3B, which makes Wong a trade chip.

I inquire with Baltimore about Kevin Gausman. Being an O's fan, I am stoked about Gausman and think he will break out this year. I also believe Wacha and Gausman would be a dominant 1-2 at the top of my rotation, if I can pull it off. Gausman doesn't have a great card this year, but Wacha is again limited on innings. If I pull this off, I'll be committing to a rebuild this year.

After chatting about the potential deal, I decide not to haggle with Baltimore and just make him an offer:
Gausman and a 6 and 7 next year, for Wong, Gonzales, and my 1 and 2 next year.

I don't hear back from Baltimore for a few days, so I basically send the same deal to Oakland for Sonny Gray. I think Gray and Wacha sounds just as great as Gausman and Wacha. Oakland declines, saying they want more players and less picks. I just don't think I have the pieces to deal with them. A week passes and no news from Baltimore. The new owner is active pulling off other deals, so I assume he is not interested.

I finally hear back from Baltimore, and he has decided he will do the deal, but he wants my #1. I had been targeting Matt Shoemaker with my #1 pick and am not sure I want to do the deal. If I do the deal, I will only have a single 3rd round pick in the top 4 rounds this year.

I give it a little thought and finally decide to do the deal. I think Gausman is better than Shoemaker, and don't want to miss out on him.

1/15/15
----------
Baltimore receives: Kolten Wong, Marco Gonzales, 1st round pick, 2016 2nd round pick.
St Louis receives: Kevin Gausman, 6th round pick, 2016 7th round pick.

This is a very deep 1st round of the draft this year, and I am struggling with the idea of not having a #1 pick. Finally KC contacts me and says they are interested in Jimmy Rollins and Justin Ruggiano. Both are expendable to me. He offers Drew Smyly and his 1st rounder, as we try and work out details to even things out. We go back and forth for awhile. As the deal grows, he starts asking about Emilio Bonifacio, and I start asking about Kurt Suzuki. Suzuki has a good hitting card at Catcher this year, and there aren't a lot there.

Eventually we agree on a deal.

1/18/15
----------
KC receives: Santiago Casilla, Emilio Bonifacio, Jimmy Rollins, 3rd round pick
StL receives: Drew Smyly, Alejandro De Aza, 1st round pick (#14 of 15)

Batter (19)
C - Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Wil Nieves
2B - Anthony Rendon
SS - Jhonny Peralta
3B - Matt Carpenter
LF - Nate McLouth, Justin Ruggiano, Alejando De Aza
CF - Michael Bourn, Dexter Fowler
RF - Yasiel Puig, Avisail Garcia, Oscar Taveras, Randal Grichuk

Pitcher (20)
SP - Joe Kelly
SP - Henderson Alvarez
SP - Jose Quintana
SP - Dan Straily
SP - Jacob Turner
SP - Shelby Miller
SP - Ubaldo Jimenez
SP - Kevin Gausman
SP - Michael Wacha
SP/RP - Josh Collmenter
SP/RP - Hector Santiago
SP/RP - Carlos Martinez
SP/RP - Drew Smyly
RP - Kevin Siegrist
RP - Tommy Hunter
RP - Tom Wilhelmson
RP - Sam Freeman
RP - Nick Greenwood
RP - David Carpenter
CL - Trevor Rosenthal
CL - David Robertson

Last edited by Raven : 03-21-2015 at 01:02 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:50 AM   #49
Raven
College Prospect

Next order of business is to cut down to 25

Some are easy:
SP - Jacob Turner
SP - Dan Straily
SP - Ubaldo Jimenez
RP - Kevin Siegrist
RP - Sam Freeman
RP - Nick Greenwood
RP - David Carpenter
C - Wil Nieves
LF - Nate McLouth
RF - Oscar Taveras
DH - Adam Dunn,Raul Ibanez

Which leaves me needing to make 3 more cuts...
The first two are:
SP/RP - Hector Santiago
RP - Tommy Hunter

And I need to make one more...
And while I didn't want to have to do this, I finally decide it's
SP - Joe Kelly

And I'm finally at 25...

Batter (14)
C - Jarrod Saltalamacchia
2B - Anthony Rendon
SS - Jhonny Peralta
3B - Matt Carpenter
LF - Justin Ruggiano, Alejando De Aza
CF - Michael Bourn, Dexter Fowler
RF - Yasiel Puig, Avisail Garcia, Randal Grichuk
DH - Oswaldo Arcia

Pitcher (11)
SP - Henderson Alvarez
SP - Jose Quintana
SP - Shelby Miller
SP - Kevin Gausman
SP - Michael Wacha
SP/RP - Josh Collmenter
SP/RP - Carlos Martinez
SP/RP - Drew Smyly
RP - Tom Wilhelmson
CL - Trevor Rosenthal
CL - David Robertson

Last edited by Raven : 03-21-2015 at 01:02 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:27 AM   #50
Raven
College Prospect

2015 Waiver Draft

Code:
ROUND 1 TEAM SELECTION / PASS CUT REPLACEMENT New York(NL) PASS Miami Caleb Joseph Michael Saunders Boston PASS Minnesota Wei-Yin Chen Cody Asche Baltimore PASS San Diego Michael Saunders Yunel Escobar Houston Anthony Gose Brandon Barnes Seattle Jordan Walden Rafael Soriano Oakland PASS St. Louis PASS San Francisco Marlon Byrd Tim Stauffer Kansas City PASS Chicago(NL) PASS Tampa Bay PASS Pittsburgh Jeff Baker Edward Mujica ROUND 2 TEAM SELECTION / PASS CUT REPLACEMENT New York(NL) PASS Miami PASS Boston PASS Minnesota PASS Baltimore PASS San Diego PASS Houston Rafael Soriano Jordan Schafer Seattle PASS Oakland PASS St. Louis PASS San Francisco PASS Kansas City PASS Chicago(NL) PASS Tampa Bay PASS Pittsburgh Ike Davis Omar Infante Junichi Tazawa Justin Wilson ROUND 3 All Pass