Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-17-2015, 09:54 PM   #651
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Time to Check In

You go to check in to let them know that you have landed. But the equipment is not working. Maybe the crash broke it... or could there be foul play?

This adds another option for your projects, fixing the communication equipment.

Last edited by EagleFan : 02-17-2015 at 09:55 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:56 PM   #652
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Day One has begun, the deadline is 10 PM EST.

PM me if there are any questions. The first few days wwill be the most confusing I believe. But that would be the case when trying to start a colony on an alien planet.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:57 PM   #653
fontisian
College Prospect

Alright, we need three people with high engineering scores to work on the biodome.

Can Chief Rum and Autumn take care of Schmidty? I'm reluctant to devote more resources to that.

Leadership doubled my vote for projects and had an additional one-time effect similar to the society goal. With that in mind, it may be best to give leadership to other individuals if given the chance, so they can also get a bonus.

The biodome will probably(?) counter food shortages once we get it going, so do we want risk dealing with the food shortages and focus on another goal?
Old 02-17-2015, 10:15 PM   #654
Raven
College Prospect

I vote we collect food now and then setup medical facility.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:16 PM   #655
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I was going to suggest me for working on Schmidty, as a first responder that's what I do. I'm horrible with engineering anyway.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:18 PM   #656
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

What is that sound?

Did everyone else hear that? The screaming? It sounded exactly like what you heard on the tape of the first landing attempt. Who heard it? What is it? Should you explore it once you are settled in?

It sounds distant, but will it remain distant?
Old 02-17-2015, 10:24 PM   #657
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Alright, we need three people with high engineering scores to work on the biodome.

Can Chief Rum and Autumn take care of Schmidty? I'm reluctant to devote more resources to that.

Leadership doubled my vote for projects and had an additional one-time effect similar to the society goal. With that in mind, it may be best to give leadership to other individuals if given the chance, so they can also get a bonus.

The biodome will probably(?) counter food shortages once we get it going, so do we want risk dealing with the food shortages and focus on another goal?

Are we certain engineering is the appropriate skill for finishing the biodome?

From page 4:
Engineering - The greater the value, the more effective the designs for the various projects

Physical - The greater the number the player will be able to perform physical tasks better

IMO, finishing the biodome would be a physical task.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:24 PM   #658
fontisian
College Prospect

Maybe both?

Is anyone good at both abilities?
Old 02-17-2015, 10:30 PM   #659
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:

I am not sure switching to a new leader would get that desired outcome. The reason you got the ability is because it was your personal goal and I am not sure if our personal goals stay the same going forward
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:03 PM   #660
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Poor Schmidty. Better blast him with a dose of Gamma radiation and pray nothing mutates his genes.

congrats to winners! yay dome! let's lay down some sod and play ball!
how many people can attend to schmidty? the three candidates can take care of him for sure. (Doc Rum, Autumn, and ntn)
I don't really know what's needed for biodome duty. I can add mediocrity to the building of it if that's what's needed. Can go fetch food and stuff otherwise.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:07 PM   #661
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
Are we certain engineering is the appropriate skill for finishing the biodome?

From page 4:
Engineering - The greater the value, the more effective the designs for the various projects

Physical - The greater the number the player will be able to perform physical tasks better

IMO, finishing the biodome would be a physical task.

we still have to design the biodome first don't we?
Old 02-17-2015, 11:12 PM   #662
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Love Live the Queen
Old 02-17-2015, 11:28 PM   #663
britrock88
Pro Starter

I'm great physically and terrible with engineering. I'd be happy to help construct the biodome.

I am still interested in forming a government as our secondary societal goal.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:31 PM   #664
britrock88
Pro Starter

Looking at the votes... there was one vote lost in the DanGarion leader tally, and one extra vote with Shoveler on the doctor poll.

Now, I have some thoughts regarding the dropped vote. I was given an offer to sabotage some of our equipment in order to protect my reputation in exchange for my vote strength in my candidacy for sheriff. ...I'm curious to know if Dan was so eager to become our leader--without letting us discover the full extent of his background--that he would have been willing to take such an offer, if he received one...
Old 02-17-2015, 11:34 PM   #665
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Day One Goals
Your day one decisions:
- What 3 colonists will complete the biodome?
- What colonists will work on Schmidty?
- What will your next project be? Scientific Research Center, Government, Medical Facility, Communication Equipment
- Will the remaining colonists collect resources and store them in the biodome (if they don't collect supplies there may be a lack of food for days 1 and 2) or will they work on your chosen project for day 2, whatever you elect to the project to be (if they work on that project it will be completed at the end of the day)?

Pulled out for emphasis.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:35 PM   #666
britrock88
Pro Starter

Would anyone object to us sorting out our skill sets here? If we gather this information to at least some extent, we can more efficiently allocate people to tasks.

I'm wary of what the saboteur among us might try to prey on, so I think we should emphasize strengths--perhaps have people list their primary and secondary skills.

I'll go first--my best skill is Physical, my second-best is Social.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:37 PM   #667
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Wondering about how close this is to the norm also as I myself am a newb. Counting on the WW vets to set me straight as I venture off path! Lol..

And yeah, one more voice to say that you sweet, innocent new players are jumping into something complex. The "Werewolf" of it will come into play later, I trust. But in the meantime, EF appears to have crafted an intricate and compelling RPG for us to wrestle with!
Old 02-18-2015, 12:16 AM   #668
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Maybe both?

Is anyone good at both abilities?

I have a good physical with ok engineering,

As said before I'm happy to help with anything, just don't expect me to help with science...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:20 AM   #669
DanGarion
Coordinator

My primary skill is social.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:09 AM   #670
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Seems like a sound idea. Having me do anything other than sciency stuff would be a waste. However I have some experience of the skills needed to run a facility (social) and my knowledge of biochemistry means I have a good idea of what drugs to give to someone for them to stop hurting (medical). Don't ask me to do any grunt work though coz I'll moan about it. A lot. And then not do it either.

I strongly suggest we get a research facility up. As we all know from XCOM you need to get your research in early to give you more options. Also it would give me something to do with my 1337 science skillz.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:10 AM   #671
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I probably missed it but is it Fonti who decides what project we do tomorrow or do we vote on it or what?
Old 02-18-2015, 01:16 AM   #672
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I probably missed it but is it Fonti who decides what project we do tomorrow or do we vote on it or what?

You vote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:56 AM   #674
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Vote Scientific Research Center
Old 02-18-2015, 03:11 AM   #675
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Pulled out for emphasis.

Old 02-18-2015, 03:14 AM   #676
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I really think at least one of the 3 people building the biodome should have a really high engineering. I'm thinking that there won't be JUST ONE skill put to the test during these events and things.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:16 AM   #677
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Science
timmae - studied science his whole life, "engineering type" (experience and skillset are ambiguous)
Raven - farmer. strong science background.
Narcizo - chemist. bit of experience running small scale facility

Doctor
Autumn - doctor and chief of staff at Boston general
Chief Rum - worked in ER (is a doctor or a nurse? never said which)
ntndeacon - EMT, but not a doctor

Sheriff
bitrock - police officer. record isn't perfect, and physical capability can sometimes cloud higher-order processes. (ie loose cannon??)
thomkal - retired Army general. primary concerns safety-both a physical sense-a sheriff chosen and patroling the immediate area. for democracy.
shoveler - Private investigator (objective - identify stowaway)
JAG - highschool football coach. experience leading and training

Engineer
Jackal - MIT Prof of Engineering
Grover - 2 yrs as engineer on ISS. prof. astronaut, enginer and scientist by trade. leader of ISS mission. has lived in space
saldana - city planner

Leader
DanGarion - lead large group of succ. people. "well liked", Democratic (ambigous history)
fontisian - college history professor
Zinto - CEO
Suicane - retired politician with history of public service
Crimsonfox - automechanic. enjoys moonbuggies and likes to change his vote frequently

Unknown
Schmidty, Golden Eagle, Danny, SharnK20

bloop
Old 02-18-2015, 03:16 AM   #678
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Given his experience with ISS and whatnot Grover seems a lock to be involved in building the biodome you'd have thunk.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:18 AM   #679
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I really think Grover's ISS and space engineering will come in handy on the biodome project as well as Raven's farm background. And saldana as the other maybe? It would be good if they had some strength too.

I hope you don't mind us making suggestions, fontisian. It's up to you to decide these things probably
Old 02-18-2015, 03:22 AM   #680
fontisian
College Prospect

I have strong social, with decent science, medical and physical. For full disclosure, the distribution of people can be voted on, or I can arbitrarily decide. If I control the vote, the outcome effects my standing as a leader.

DanGarion will be one person on the biodome, then. Grover can be another. Do we have a third?

If anyone has any medical skill and won't be helpful with the chosen project of the Day, we can also put them on medical with ~2 people with high medical values. To figure that out, we really need to determine what our main activity will be.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:42 AM   #681
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I strongly think the people put on building the bidome should have good engineering skills. Maybe it won't be the only thing, but I am pretty confident it would be a primary skill check. Physical I'm guessing would be schlepping for supplies.

Tough call between research and government for me today. I'm guessing government may allow us to make sure the votes don't get wrecked.

Food shortages don't seem like a good thing, so I would recommend we send out a few people with good physical ability. That would be my primary strength with social a solid second (like Brit).

Damaged communication stuff, we should probably fix that, but at the cost of not getting govt/research up next? Tough choices.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:44 AM   #682
Grover
Pro Starter

As head engineer, I believe I should be working on the biodome. I'd also like to work with Saldana and Jackal on this. I think the three of us combined have the engineering know-how and ability to put this together.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:52 AM   #683
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Day One Goals

For Day one you have decided to build the biodome. You have the materials to make this happen with what was dropped ahead of time. Schmidty will be unable to help due to his serious injuries.

Because of this accident the biodome will not be completed on day one. For day two the biodome can be completed with 3 workers finishing it.

Your day one decisions:
- What 3 colonists will complete the biodome?
- What colonists will work on Schmidty?
- What will your next project be? Scientific Research Center, Government, Medical Facility
- Will the remaining colonists collect resources and store them in the biodome (if they don't collect supplies there may be a lack of food for days 1 and 2) or will they work on your chosen project for day 2, whatever you elect to the project to be (if they work on that project it will be completed at the end of the day)

Clarification: if you choose to work on a government and take the option to have colonists working on the next project, by the end of day 1 you will have the government project completed but may have food shortages for days 1 and 2. If you choose to collect supplies, there will be no food issues but the selected project will not begin until day two and will consume your workers for that day.

Is this a voting situation much like Day 0 and voting for positions?

Old 02-18-2015, 06:05 AM   #684
Autumn
Head Coach

Just caught up and I have to say I laughed out loud several times along the way. So glad we're back playing.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:05 AM   #685
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
While CF is boning Zinto, the others look away... Now if you can only get that image out of your heads...

Was this the Bull Moose Special?
Old 02-18-2015, 06:06 AM   #686
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I'm for sci research and med Fac.
I do like what Narcizo (I think it was him) said about sci research. THat you have to start early to get use out of it. Like Starcraft.

I can go help collect rocks to eat.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:06 AM   #687
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Was this the Bull Moose Special?

That IS what she said
Old 02-18-2015, 06:08 AM   #688
Autumn
Head Coach

I am curious to hear from the Sheriff. It is important ot know what our options are for finding and dealing with the stowaway passenger. Establishing communications and maybe government would probably help with that.

Obviously my specialty is medicine, and I'm happy to help Schmidty.

I would suggest we gather food. There is always the chance of an accident or sabotage with the Biodome, and so I don't think we should count on it until it is operational. I am guessing if we go without food health will go down, and then the doctors will be extra busy and we'll get less work done. Providing food, finishing the Biodome and then making some progress on other goals seems the best idea to me. Maybe even fix the communications or have an engineer look at them at least.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:34 AM   #689
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Vote: Science research centre.

My primary skill is Science and the 2nd one Social.

You could use me for whatever you want, but not in physical tasks, I suck at all.

I think the food should be our priority but Schmitty has to be healed we have to stay all together guys!!
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:45 AM   #690
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I am curious to hear from the Sheriff. It is important ot know what our options are for finding and dealing with the stowaway passenger. Establishing communications and maybe government would probably help with that.

Obviously my specialty is medicine, and I'm happy to help Schmidty.

I would suggest we gather food. There is always the chance of an accident or sabotage with the Biodome, and so I don't think we should count on it until it is operational. I am guessing if we go without food health will go down, and then the doctors will be extra busy and we'll get less work done. Providing food, finishing the Biodome and then making some progress on other goals seems the best idea to me. Maybe even fix the communications or have an engineer look at them at least.

Just thought that we may not be able to vote out players until we have a government in place.

If the Sheriff has an option to guard a facility, I would suggest they guard the biodome and we bypass looking for supplies in order to finish another project. I am sure the game is going to get more difficult and with more problems popping up, we'll need a research center and government to handle that (medical will also be nice, but I rate it behind those).
Old 02-18-2015, 06:59 AM   #691
Autumn
Head Coach

Healing Schmidty will tell us a lot about the amount of effort required without a facility to do any medical work. I'm sure it will be much more labor intensive, but we'll see how effective we can be.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:00 AM   #692
Autumn
Head Coach

EagleFan, do we have any idea what benefits a Biodome will provide us, in general?
Old 02-18-2015, 07:04 AM   #693
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Looking at the votes... there was one vote lost in the DanGarion leader tally, and one extra vote with Shoveler on the doctor poll.

Now, I have some thoughts regarding the dropped vote. I was given an offer to sabotage some of our equipment in order to protect my reputation in exchange for my vote strength in my candidacy for sheriff. ...I'm curious to know if Dan was so eager to become our leader--without letting us discover the full extent of his background--that he would have been willing to take such an offer, if he received one...

After we sort out where we're going today, let's come back to this as it seems important. Did this happen to anyone else? Brit, when during the day did the offer come in?
Old 02-18-2015, 07:11 AM   #694
timmae
College Starter

I am certainly the best scientist here and I have a great knowledge of engineering also. Physical tasks at not my thing. At all. I mean nothing... I will try to start lifting those 1 lb weights but no guarantees.

I like the idea of having the engineers on biodome but I am thinking narc and me would help also. We want to get high value out of that thing and the engineers will need input into how to build it to maximize output/value.

With so much to do having everyone healthy may be a high priority. Thoughts?

Maybe sherriff should look into these screams before guarding the yet to be finished biodome. Or give someone the duty to guard the solar collectors? Since EF mentioned them they may be important. I think we should also look into the 22nd person with us... DG may be the start.

Another thought... Should an engineer work on getting communications back up? It is established technology so a scientist shouldnt be needed.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:13 AM   #695
timmae
College Starter

Hope this thing doesnt turn into a giant cf quickly...
Old 02-18-2015, 07:32 AM   #696
Autumn
Head Coach

We'll need to hear from all of our leaders, especially the Sheriff, and find out what the options are. I imagine the sheriff has things to choose from.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:32 AM   #697
Autumn
Head Coach

Brit, you said the offer would allow you to protect your reputation. Can you explain that a bit more?
Old 02-18-2015, 07:35 AM   #698
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
I am certainly the best scientist here and I have a great knowledge of engineering also. Physical tasks at not my thing. At all. I mean nothing... I will try to start lifting those 1 lb weights but no guarantees.

I like the idea of having the engineers on biodome but I am thinking narc and me would help also. We want to get high value out of that thing and the engineers will need input into how to build it to maximize output/value.

With so much to do having everyone healthy may be a high priority. Thoughts?

Another thought... Should an engineer work on getting communications back up? It is established technology so a scientist shouldnt be needed.

I like the idea of having a scientist help a couple of engineers get the biodome together.

I also like having an engineer work on the communications system. We NEED a link to Earth. I believe it is vital to our continued survival.

I think one of our police types should have the sole job of protecting the solar panels. Without energy from the sun, we will all die.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:47 AM   #699
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Would anyone object to us sorting out our skill sets here? If we gather this information to at least some extent, we can more efficiently allocate people to tasks.

I'm wary of what the saboteur among us might try to prey on, so I think we should emphasize strengths--perhaps have people list their primary and secondary skills.

I'll go first--my best skill is Physical, my second-best is Social.

Engineering and Science are my stregths.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:03 AM   #700
Zinto
College Starter

If the sheriff can protect a building it should be the power generators. We need those to survive more than anything at this point.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote