Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-08-2007, 01:48 AM   #1101
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, as usual, I am scheduled to not be around at all tomorrow, so now I won't even see night results. Given the importance of the vote, I will try to get on to put a vote in, but I can't promise anything. If my opinion matters at all, I would be choosing between Antmeister and jeheinz if I were voting. I would probably lean toward jeheinz.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:35 AM   #1102
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I might have training today, so I'll just post the results early for you guys. Votes made afetr this post will count.

Night 5:

You wake from your sleep, and find that another of your ranks is mising. You run to oliegirl's room, and find her strangled to death. Neon Chaos goes through the process of analyzing her genetic makeup.
DEGENETIZATION COMPLETE.
ANALYZING PARTICLES.
GENETICS CONFIRMED.
ANALYSIS COMPLETE.

SPECIMEN ANALYSIS: CODENAME - INQUISITIVE

CHAMBER RECHARGING.
EST. RECHARGE TIME: 9 HOURS.

HAVE A NICE DAY.

You look at each other with doubt and uncertainty.

Day 6 begins! Votes are due at 9:00 PM CST.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:45 AM   #1103
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

I am getting much more of a wolf vibe off of jeheinz, who has made some fishy comments, IMO

I'm not sure you're going to be around, but what fishy comments?

I'll cop to thinking there was only 1 wolf left. I was wrong, so be it. If being wrong on that hunch* (see below for why I thought that) gets me lynched, ok fine, but you're only going to kick yourselves come Tuesday when you're still trying to figure out who the last wolf is.

* - My thinking, going a lot off of the Hoops/Barkeep relationship that was typed here (that I admiteddly don't have first-hand knowledge of) was that Hoops was going down. He said he steered the night kill himself, pissing off the other wolf(ves). So I figured he tried to whack his good buddy Barkeep, figuring he may also get lucky on the Unholy Mark. Yeah, I was wrong. Pretty sure I'm not the only one left here who has been wrong about something.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:47 AM   #1104
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Here's who is left:

3. saldana
5. ArlingtonColt - Duke
8. jeheinz72
11. Antmeister
12. Chief Rum
15. ntndeacon - Witness
16. Barkeep49 - Holy Mark

So yeah, I'll be looking at CR, Ant or Saldana pretty hard.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:14 AM   #1105
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Damn...good luck villagers!!!!!
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #1106
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Voting history of the 4 clearly not in the CoT (Wolf Votes - Unknown Vote/NO VOTE - Unknown/No Vote)

jeheinz72 - RendeR, hoops, hoops, Antmeister, RealDeal (3-1-1)

ChiefRum - NO VOTE, NO VOTE*, hoops, RendeR, jeheinz72 (1-3-1)

Antmeister - PurdueBrad, hoops, hoops, RendeR, RealDeal - (3-0-2)

Saldana - St. Cronin, hoops, hoops, Antmeister, RealDeal - (3-1-1)

* - ChiefRum made an invalid vote during Night 1 for Saldana. He never "made it back" to unvote and vote Hoops. Probably nothing, but worth noting at least.

So with those voting records, I'd be curious to see how I of all people am the wolf that is left. The only confirmed mis-step I've taken is a Day One vote for RendeR. The flip-side to that is, all 4 of us voted for a confirmed villager or No Voted on Day One. Since then I've voted wolf-wolf-unknow-wolf.

W-W-U-W
U-W-V-U
W-W-V-W
W-W-U-W

Surely you guys can see that one of these is not like the others.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #1107
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

VOTE CHIEF RUM
Old 10-08-2007, 09:25 AM   #1108
saldana
Pro Starter

i am probably going to go back to antmeister today...i have had a feeling about him the entire game, but have had better targets throughout.

anyone have any type of a case they can outline against JeHeinz?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:51 AM   #1109
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

I wish I knew some of those post times on those votes, some of them could be "pile-on" votes in order to gain trust. I'm trying to think of who Hoops would pick as a wolf... Im leaning towards CR, but I'm not ready to vote just yet.
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:21 AM   #1110
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I like one person from the saldana/CR pairing as I think hoops would pick an experienced player to go with him. That could also be Ant. I just don't see CR making the reversal he did if he was a wolf. S o I'm going to go with saldana today and if he's human, CR tomorrow.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:22 AM   #1111
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Vote Chief Rum
Old 10-08-2007, 11:24 AM   #1112
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

?
you said you'd go Saldana, then voted CR. Color me confused.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:25 AM   #1113
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Though I think your vote is the correct one!
Old 10-08-2007, 12:09 PM   #1114
Barkeep49
Coordinator

unvote CR
Vote saldana
Old 10-08-2007, 12:09 PM   #1115
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
?
you said you'd go Saldana, then voted CR. Color me confused.
Thanks. Fixed it to what I intended to do.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:11 PM   #1116
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Thanks. Fixed it to what I intended to do.

Drat!

Any chance you can extrapolate on the Saldana over CR thoughts?
Old 10-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #1117
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

Vote Chief Rum
Old 10-08-2007, 01:20 PM   #1118
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

subject to change of course...
Old 10-08-2007, 02:13 PM   #1119
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Drat!

Any chance you can extrapolate on the Saldana over CR thoughts?
CR had been on the "Why listen to hoops" bandwagon (aka the correct bandwagon). Yet, in the end he changed his mind and cast the lynching vote on Render. I just don't see a wolf casting that vote for Render in that situation. So I kinda trust CR. I have paired up CR and saldana in terms of experience and out of that pairing I've seen less from saldana suggesting anything.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:45 PM   #1120
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

jeheinz, Arlington Colt, do you both really think I am such an awful wolf I would make the plays I have been making? Please review my posts from Friday, because I went over ad nauseum why it would be ridiculous for me to be a wolf and make the moves I would. I don't really want to try to type them all out again here on my lunch break.

Listen to Barkeep, he has more experience than you do and knows what he is talking about. If you lynch me, you're going to be looking at yourselves for not considering what I have been saying all along.

jeheinz, my feeling on you is pure gut actually. I don't have much going for it. My gut is often right, but not always, probably not even 50%. So don't get alarmed. I am much more suspicious of Antmeister's continued suspicion of me when I know he has the experience to know better (and plus I saved him).

As to my voting record, I explained the first two days. jeheinz, you may not be aware, but I work two jobs, and games with late night time changes can present difficulties for on Mondays and Tuesdays. I am only here now because of the importance of this vote. My Render vote I explained. At the time I thought Antmeister was a villager, but now I'm not sure I didn't make a mistake. My vote on you was pure gut, and as I said on Friday, if I wasn't away from the computer when the conversation about path happened, I would have switched to RealDeal, too.

And now that I bring that up, I will point that out (again). What kind of stupid wolf would I have to be to be the only player NOT voting for the wolf? I mean, come on, gimme some credit here.

I am also concerned about saldana because I think we should have heard more from an experienced player like him by now.

I would vote Antmeister, but given Barkeep's vote for saldana, I think it would be more prudent for me to follow BK on him, as I won't be able to be around to change my vote later if it comes down to me and saldana.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:48 PM   #1121
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

VOTE SALDANA
Old 10-08-2007, 02:54 PM   #1122
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I understand that CR, I do. I know about your jobs and such (well, I gathered that at least). I'm counting the NO VOTE's above the same as an unknown vote. I get the RendeR thing, just not sure I 100% buy it.

I mean you knew when you were posting, you knew what it would look like and you knew you'd have to answer for it. A wolf would know RendeR is a villager too, so in some sense that'd be a win there. Yeah, you could've been greedy if you were a wolf and voted Ant, and wasted a village day, or take the opportunity to vote out a villager and provide yourself some cover as a "look what I did here" statement.

That's iffy I know, but it's my gut right now, pending change in the next couple hours. I do realize that you were, either way, villager or not, in a tough circumstance on what to do regardless.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:56 PM   #1123
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I guess what it boils down to for me is, what is the case FOR a saldana vote. Frankly, the way I order up the other 3 people on the should be hit-list (saldana, CR and Ant) in terms of trust would be

saldana
Ant
CR

I'd like to know what I'm missing here on why saldana would be the last lone wolf. What points to it?
Old 10-08-2007, 03:06 PM   #1124
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Saldana's played as many or more games as CR. EagleFan & RealDeal fit a different profile, where as saldana and CR both fit the same profile. I think hoops chose someone of that profile (a profile I'd have also fit, as did path when he was alive, for instance). Since I don't think it's CR, I do think it is saldana. Ant seems more like RealDeal (sporadically plays) while you are closer to EagleFan (newer to our board).
Old 10-08-2007, 03:14 PM   #1125
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I am also concerned about saldana because I think we should have heard more from an experienced player like him by now.

i was waiting for this...i have been surprised every day that i have woken up and still been in this game...i figured the only reason i am still alive is so that someone could eventually play the "saldana must be a wolf if he is still alive" card. i was probably a coin toss between ant and CR today, but i was waiting to see who was going to be the one that put this in play, as, IMO, i have been left in this game soley to wait for this moment...to take heat from the real wolf
Old 10-08-2007, 03:15 PM   #1126
saldana
Pro Starter

vote chief rum
Old 10-08-2007, 03:15 PM   #1127
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Plus Cr's long absences away from the computer on Two days of the week would make it less likely that I would pick him. I tend to give CR a bit of slack. Plus I had been thinkning the same thing about his vote for jeheinz. So at least for today I think I will follow Barkeep's lead.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:17 PM   #1128
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote saldana
Old 10-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #1129
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Looks like we're at

Chief Rum 3: (jeheinz72, ArlingtonColt, saldana)
Saldana 3: (Barkeep, Chief Rum, ntndeacon)

Left to vote: Antmeister

...interesting.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:21 PM   #1130
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

The only other one I am really willing to change to right now is Ant. Basically this is nore because I believe more of the arguements for CR and Heinz, than actual belief that Ant is guilty.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:21 PM   #1131
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i was waiting for this...i have been surprised every day that i have woken up and still been in this game...i figured the only reason i am still alive is so that someone could eventually play the "saldana must be a wolf if he is still alive" card. i was probably a coin toss between ant and CR today, but i was waiting to see who was going to be the one that put this in play, as, IMO, i have been left in this game soley to wait for this moment...to take heat from the real wolf
Really saldana? That's the sole reason you're in this game, if you're a villager? Not because they've been looking for the roles (oh so successfully, I'd add) and you don't have one?

That's a weak defense. I'm only that much happier with my vote on you.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:36 PM   #1132
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Saldana's played as many or more games as CR. EagleFan & RealDeal fit a different profile, where as saldana and CR both fit the same profile. I think hoops chose someone of that profile (a profile I'd have also fit, as did path when he was alive, for instance). Since I don't think it's CR, I do think it is saldana. Ant seems more like RealDeal (sporadically plays) while you are closer to EagleFan (newer to our board).

The only problem I have with that is how do we know Hoops even picked this remaining wolf?

The one that is left could be the Unholy Mark, which i'd assume we have if we have a Holy Mark in play.

So either

A) The UHM is the wolf that is left and we started 14:3
B) There was no UHM and we started 13:4

Then there is also the fact that we may have a Cultist around still (figuring if there was an investigator there's a Cultist)

Thoughts?
Old 10-08-2007, 04:16 PM   #1133
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Really saldana? That's the sole reason you're in this game, if you're a villager? Not because they've been looking for the roles (oh so successfully, I'd add) and you don't have one?

That's a weak defense. I'm only that much happier with my vote on you.

read it again Barkeep...left in this game...as in the wolves have left me in the game to use me to take heat away from one of themselves
Old 10-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #1134
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Plus Cr's long absences away from the computer on Two days of the week would make it less likely that I would pick him. I tend to give CR a bit of slack. Plus I had been thinkning the same thing about his vote for jeheinz. So at least for today I think I will follow Barkeep's lead.

NTNdeacon, i guess this is for you since you are the only one i think i have a chance at convincing....did it strike you at all as odd that CR was no where to be found on the day of the render vote, then showed up in the last few minutes and made a deciding vote AGAINST a villager...are you just considering that to be a convenient moment when CR has barely been in the game for 4 days...

that moved screamed wolf at me at the time, as in, someone PM'ed or AIM'ed the chief and told him he needed to get in and vote, and who to vote for...he could never have read up fast enough to have known who to vote for unless someone told him.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:07 PM   #1135
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
read it again Barkeep...left in this game...as in the wolves have left me in the game to use me to take heat away from one of themselves
Right. And I ask you what day would you have been a better target than who was killed? And, FYI, I give equal weight to the no night kill being a conversion and attempt at me, so you can argue either that either happened in your defense. The reason you're still around is because they had bigger fish to fry and only cared about you in as so far that you might have a useful role to knock off.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:10 PM   #1136
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Oh wow....I didn't expect that many votes for saldana. In any case, I gotta go with Chief Rum.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:11 PM   #1137
Antmeister
Pro Starter

VOTE CHIEF RUM
Old 10-08-2007, 06:48 PM   #1138
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Oh wow....I didn't expect that many votes for saldana. In any case, I gotta go with Chief Rum.

color me surprised....self interests not withstanding, i think you are making the right call...i hope we wrap this up tonight with this lynch
Old 10-08-2007, 07:22 PM   #1139
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
color me surprised....self interests not withstanding, i think you are making the right call...i hope we wrap this up tonight with this lynch
I'd still like to see you answer my question from 1135.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:34 PM   #1140
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'd still like to see you answer my question from 1135.

my answer is your premise is flawed.

you are working on the assumption that on the night there was no kill, only two things could have happened.

1. there was a conversion

2. you were the target and didnt get killed because you are the holy mark.

my question back to you is, what about 3.

3. i was the target and daddy torgo chose me as his protectee. he never revealed, so we have no idea what he did.

i am not saying that is what happened, since i have no way of knowing if i was protected, but there were no stand out choices that night, unlike those before it and after it, and there is just as much chance i was the target that night as you were.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:41 PM   #1141
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok. So you were attacked and saved by DT? I could buy that; what position do you think that they had you pegged for?
Old 10-08-2007, 08:52 PM   #1142
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ok. So you were attacked and saved by DT? I could buy that; what position do you think that they had you pegged for?

i didnt say that...i said it could have happened...i do have quite the track record of getting killed early when i am a villager, even when i dont have a role
Old 10-08-2007, 09:00 PM   #1143
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Deadline. Talying votes and doing writeup.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:01 PM   #1144
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Okay, please tell us this ordeal is over. So many innocent people died and I want this nightmare to end!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:04 PM   #1145
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
i didnt say that...i said it could have happened...i do have quite the track record of getting killed early when i am a villager, even when i dont have a role
You're right it could have. You, however, have danced and weaved around the subject. It's a little tiring frankly. You suggested that you're alive as a setup. I pointed out that you were alive because they were going to eliminate roles in the game and you didn't have a role. Then we got into a game of hypothetical situations. So basically, are you sticking by your story that your being alive is a setup?
Old 10-08-2007, 09:09 PM   #1146
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Day 6:

Chief Rum (4) - jeheinz72 (#1107), ArlingtonColt (#1117), saldana (#1126), Antmeister (#1137)
saldana (3) - Barkeep49 (#1114), Chief Rum (#1121), ntndeacon (#1128)

After what seemed to be a long night, the day ends quickly. You finally choose Chief Rum. He pleads his case, however, the votes have been cast. Neon Chaos stuns Chief Rum, and takes him to the Degentization Chamber. He weeps, "I don't want to die... I want to live... I want to live..." His pleas stop as soon as the blinding light of the chamber smashes apart his atoms.

DEGENETIZATION COMPLETE.
ANALYZING PARTICLES.
GENETICS CONFIRMED.
ANALYSIS COMPLETE.

SPECIMEN ANALYSIS: PROJECT - VILLAGER

CHAMBER RECHARGING.
EST. RECHARGE TIME: 13 HOURS.

HAVE A NICE DAY.

The day ends, and you are all exchausted. Another night lies ahead...

Night 6 begins: Night actions are due at 10:00 AM CST.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:10 PM   #1147
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
You're right it could have. You, however, have danced and weaved around the subject. It's a little tiring frankly. You suggested that you're alive as a setup. I pointed out that you were alive because they were going to eliminate roles in the game and you didn't have a role. Then we got into a game of hypothetical situations. So basically, are you sticking by your story that your being alive is a setup?

i agree with you that there have been better targets than me on most nights, and that is likely why i am still here, but you know as well as i do that the "vet still alive" play has worked before...since it cant be used against you, i have been expecting it to be used against me..other than apparently misusing the word "solely", what have i danced around.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:12 PM   #1148
saldana
Pro Starter

shit...another day...i thought this was over
Old 10-08-2007, 09:12 PM   #1149
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Ugh....you have got to be joking.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:59 PM   #1150
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Sorry I did not get back in time for your plea to me saldana. (though it looks like it swayed someone.) I still claim the last wolf is either you or Ant. The reason I am leaving out JEHeinz is that I don't believe he is being the helpful wolf here. That puts my vote squarely on either you or Ant.