Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-02-2018, 11:55 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Out of the Park 19 - Perfect Team Thread

So, the Perfect Team beta is open, and here's some thoughts/information

1. THIS IS A BETA, it will be wiped at the end of beta (money purchased packs will refund PP for the main game)
2. You start in an "Entry League" with a base of 6 card packs of 6 players each. The cards that I saw in the beta were 2018 player cards, historic all-stars, historic unsung heroes
3. In the Entry League, you play one game per 30 minutes. No playing games, all simmed. Ever Monday, Entry League teams get promoted to the Rookie League, and then it's promotion and relegation after that (you stay in the Rookie League if you are horrible)
4. You start with 1,000 Perfect Team Points, and get more at least from acheivements (not sure if league performance in regular leagues will also give PTP.. kinda worried about the P2W nature there). Regular packs of 6 players cost 1,000 points, silver level costs 5,000. I'm not going to spend money on this probably unless things carry over to OOTP20 (which I doubt).
5. Current MLB players have photos looks like, while past players do not.
6. You can auction off Unneeded players, and buy players off the market. They have some filters (type of card, rating etcetera), but I would love a team-based filter, so I could grab as many Red Sox schlubs as possible

My team:

Out of the 36 players I pulled, the four best players I pulled were historic allstars: 1953 Carl Furillo (Brooklyn), 1941 Roy Cullenbine (St Louis Browns), 1985 Carlton Fisk (Chicago), 2007 Placideo Polanco (Detroit).

My draws for pitching weren't too great: Three Bronze and two base players (65,65,62,59,51) while I had three pretty good players behind the plate (the 75 Carlton Fisk , along with 69 and 64.)

I earned 840 points from my first two games (From achievements for winning a game, saving a game, Home Run, and quality start for 200 each, and a "womp womp" acheivement for one of my players who stranded the bases loaded of 40 points)

So, I pulled one pack with my base 1,000 points, and pulled a gold player which was really lucky, Unfortunately it's another @*)_$&@*)$%&@)$% Catcher (2018 JT Realmuto, ranked at 80).

Looks interesting so far.

___
4 AM Edit since I can't sleep.

edit: My team is 4-4 so far on the season. We just came off a win where we scored 6 in the top of the ninth to beat our opponent 12-8.

A lot of the minor acheivements can be repeated for Perfect Team points. For example, I've got the 6 runs in an inning acheivement 3 times, 6 hit inning twice.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 11-03-2018 at 03:09 AM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 06:41 PM   #2
lungs
Pro Rookie

I managed to get an 87 Dale Murphy in my initial few packs.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 10:45 PM   #3
Capital
High School Varsity

Sounds like a perfect mobile game.
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote