Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-15-2018, 01:06 PM   #851
Christy
n00b

Intodia and Kayeeda will do nicely for me! Was beaten to the punch on Vermireddy though (could only get two anyway but would have left Intodia).
Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:25 PM   #852
thehitcat
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy View Post
Intodia and Kayeeda will do nicely for me! Was beaten to the punch on Vermireddy though (could only get two anyway but would have left Intodia).

Very Cool I'll be very interested to see how our young'uns all develop.
thehitcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 02:44 AM   #853
Brian Swartz
Pro Rookie

Now I spose I got to add them to the list of players to update too :P.

I did a whole big rankings update and then accidentally deleted it. Don't feel like writing it again. Short version: 'Little John' Hart won Miami, with epic matches over Pargeter in semis and Karl Kaspar in the final. He's not waiting on anything, and is up to #8. Sbai is up to #3, and Chiba beat Dudwadkar soundly in Miami, is now 5th and looking to push higher. Last two years he's stumbled at RG early after winning a clay Masters, so that'll be key as the will KK's ability to repeat there. Still lots of the young players pushing upwards; Prachuab is 13th, Andrejova 14th, Henrikkson(31st) and 21-year-old Harald Balzer(29th, SWE) on the move as well further down. Also made a bad joke about not knowing how many of them have the Hart to succeed.

Amrik Kasaravalli is past the Amateur stage at 924th, preparing for his push into futures. He's actually a little ahead of Chiba's pace, which is surprising. My new players are about to take their first events when the week flips over. Ritwik Dudwadkar has new and unproven management, but he helped us beat Mexico 4-1 to complete a perfect trip through our group in the WTC. We'll see how things sit when we get to the knockout rounds a few months down the road.

The big deal now is seeing who steps forward in the clay season. If Karl Kaspar is going to crack, this will probably be the time.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:36 AM   #854
Brian Swartz
Pro Rookie

Clay Masters

The year started living up to the prediction of chaos some here. Sushant Chiba won Monte Carlo in a tight match over Karl Kaspar, who didn't even play here last year. Sbai was a semifinalist, losing narrowly to Kaspar. Chiba then stumbled early in Madrid for the second year in a row, and ultimately John Hart won his first Masters as a 7-seed, with Kaspar again the runner-up. Another close SF loss for Hamal Sbai, to Hart ... and Chalerm Prachuab, seeded 11th, made a surprise run. In Rome, His Karlness broke through to beat Hart in the semis and Chiba in the final, with former RG champ (10)Gilberto Chinaglia the oddball there.

So heading into RG, it looked like Kaspar was the favorite as the most consistent, but then there was Chiba and Hart who'd each beaten him. The steady but unspectacular and underachieving Sbai couldn't be counted out either.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:04 PM   #855
Brian Swartz
Pro Rookie

2061 Roland Garros

Young Frenchman (26)Willy Bochette was a surprise as the only seed to exit in the first round, in four sets to Sorel. I would have figured home court advantage to guarantee him at least a couple of wins here. Three more fell in the second round, including Edleman and Stachovsky, both of whom will be quite disappointed in such an early exit. The next couple of rounds held a surprise here and there but nothing major. (12)Brian Meikeljohn and (8)Chalerm Prachuab contested the most epic match of the tournament to date in the fourth round, with Meikeljohn eventually prevailing 8-6 in the 5th.

One of the most significant factors was who was not here, as Mateo Kaspar had abandoned singles play completely months ago in pursuit of his doubles goals. (6)Stuart Pargeter lost in the first week, largely due to his doubles work as Kaspar's partner, but still most of the top players made it through to the quarterfinals.

The first match was a stunning one, with Karl Kaspar's bit for a 3-peat here prematurely derailed by American Hugo Cordova, an 11-seed considered past his prime. 6-3, 6-4, 4-6, 6-4 was the final, and it was a match that Karl should have won. He was the more consistent player but managed not to find many break chances despite that, and it was close in terms of quality. Just a really stunning result. Cordova was a semifinalist here two years ago but aside form that has done nothing at RG. Hamal Sbai lost as well, a four-set match to Hart that was not as much of a shock. For the second straight round, Meikeljohn won 8-6 in the 5th as Ritwik Dudwadkar waved goodbye, and Seamus Hughes was the only player not to win a set, against Chiba.

None of the top four players in the world rankings made the semifinals. This was truly to be a bizarre end to the tournament. Cordova worked his magic again, winning another match in which he was slightly outplayed over John Hart, 4-6, 6-4, 6-3, 1-6, 6-3. In the end, Hugo was more steady here over the majority of play, but had that one terrible set in the 4th. A surprisingly easy win over Meikeljohn for Sushant Chiba set up an unexpected finale. This time his US foe had no surprises up his sleeve, and a trio of 6-3 sets later it was over. Chiba claims his first Slam title, and with it moves up to #3(effectively #2 with Mateo gone) in the world! It's rare to see somebody win this event without losing a set. He had a couple of tiebreakers earlier on(Chinaglia and Hughes) but neither of them were close. So for this year at least, Sushant is overall the best on the dirt.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:25 AM   #856
thehitcat
Mascot

WTC Finals should be fun this year. May the best team win
Old 11-07-2018, 02:03 AM   #857
Brian Swartz
Pro Rookie

Hope not it'll be Ireland if that's the case
Old 11-07-2018, 08:17 AM   #858
thehitcat
Mascot

Competitive then? But yes it should be fun to watch
Old 12-10-2018, 04:18 AM   #859
Brian Swartz
Pro Rookie

Haven't posted on this in a while, but congratulations to John Hart, who ascended to world #1 recently after winning Roland Garros - his third Slam title. I knew he'd make it eventually. And Hughes is up to #4 as well, having beaten Chiba in a coin-flip QF there (blasted fourth-set tiebreaker!).
Old 12-10-2018, 10:55 AM   #860
thehitcat
Mascot

Thanks Brian. All down to you and this thread. I look forward to our continued duels in the coming years. For now I just want to ride this wave with my Irishmen.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:11 AM   #861
Brian Swartz
Pro Rookie

So Ireland beat Sri Lanka 4-1 in the World Team Cup again, this time in the SF. That's not a surprise, but I was annoyed at the way it came, with two 5-set losses by Sushant Chiba. Both were epics, 8-6 in the final stanza against Hart and 11-9 against Hughes. Should have won one of them.

I'm sure a 'luck of the Irish' joke is appropriate here, I'm just not sure how to word it.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:24 AM   #862
thehitcat
Mascot

Lucky indeed as my guys aren't great on the mental side and in my experience that's where long tiebreakers/sets tend to get decided.
Old 12-28-2018, 05:03 AM   #863
LEONARDSMITH
n00b

Great News

Thanks for sharing this information. I didn't know about this history. Definitely, i will share this details with my friends who love sports.

Thank and Regards
LEONARD SMITH
Founder of Green Lands CBDOil

LEONARDSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:27 AM   #864
Brian Swartz
Pro Rookie

Ireland wins its second straight WTC championship. Over the last five years, every since they re-entered the competition following a ten-year hiatus, they have played 33 WTC ties. And won all of them. This makes Sri Lanka's rise through the WTC ranks many years earlier look like bumbling efforts of a small child; we ran into Hammerstein's Austria early on and didn't even make it to the top level right away, then had rivalries with Benda's Germans and Iglar's Czech Republic to keep us from any such run of success.

Sri Lanka still holds a narrow lead in national rankings, 2535 points to 2484. That will assuredly go away next year.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 01-05-2019 at 04:27 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:42 PM   #865
Brian Swartz
Pro Rookie

Now I'll toot my own horn briefly. Sushant Chiba, after I didn't even have him in the AO last year due to an oversight, proceeded to run the table including an 11-9 5th-set win over #3 Meikeljohn in the quarterfinals. A four-set SF win over clear #1 Hart and then a straight-sets victory over a cinderella foe in the final gave him his fourth Slam title - vaulting him back up from #5 in the rankings to #3, and nearly 2nd as Kaspar is only a few hundred points ahead. Chiba will be my first major player never to reach #1, but he's still up to 4th in the Sri Lanka legends rundown now ahead of Dudwadkar and it's a great title for him being a little past his prime now at nearly 28 years old. Cool to get a word in edgewise and move back into the Top 4 with him.

On the other hand, for the first time nearly in memory Sri Lanka isn't #1 in the national rankings - a group loss to India started off the year and put our chances of even getting out of that stage in serious jeopardy. It was also enough for Ireland to claim the top spot.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 01-11-2019 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:06 AM   #866
Brian Swartz
Pro Rookie

More bad news for Sri Lanka as we drop another group tie in the WTC, 3-2 again, to the United States. In this group Mexico - which entered the year 15th or worse overall and has never really done anything - has two wins and will make it to the knockout rounds, while India and the USA are fighting for that second spot. As the standings sit now two Top-5 nations (us and the Americans) would both not make it. I've never seen anything remotely like this. Chiba won his two matches but got no help.

The last time Sri Lanka failed to make it out of group play was wait for it 2041. It is currently 2064. Almost a quarter-century. And that's literally the only other time, because the year before was the season we promoted up from Level 2. This stuff just doesn't happen to us.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:10 PM   #867
Brian Swartz
Pro Rookie

More interesting news from the life and times of Sushant Chiba. We at Roland Garros in the schedule, and while the clay season didn't start well for him - QF at Monte Carlo, embarrassing third-round loss at Madrid - it has improved. Made the final at Rome, coming up just short in a third-set TB against Molyneaux. Heading into the SF, Chiba has guaranteed himself to surpass Prince Karl 'First of His Name' Kaspar for the first time and get back to #2 in the world. Kaspar suffered an early loss in the round of 16, and I've been hovering just behind him for months. Karl may have 12 more Masters than Sushant (19-7), 3 WTF crowns to my 0, and double the Slam count (8-4), but my prediction that I could surpass him for a time late-career is finally coming to fruition when it seemed it wouldn't.

And that's not all. Next up is defending champion and world #1 John Hart. Hart holds a 12-8 edge in the H2H, but in two meetings on clay Chiba has won both times. The last one was a Rome SF this year, a gross travesty of a match in which Chiba won all his BP, scattered 8 of 11 chances against, and basically performed highway robbery to win in three sets. If he can muster up another win against the pride of Ireland on this larger stage and claim a second RG title against whoever comes out of the other side - won here three years ago - he would be less than 600 points out of the top spot when next week's rankings come out. There's a chance, albeit not a very good one, that he could somehow find his way to #1 in the world before the sun sets on his time in tennis.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:39 PM   #868
Brian Swartz
Pro Rookie

None of that matters now as Hart looks on track to repeat after a 6-7(4), 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 win in the semifinal. My Irish foil was a little better, and a little luckier each in this match. Chiba played well enough to give himself a chance, but the right player won. Still, getting back to #2 at age 28 is a very nice thing in and of itself.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 01-29-2019 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:23 AM   #869
thehitcat
Mascot

Sushant Chiba just chopped through both my Irishmen at the Canada Masters. 6/7(12) 6/4 7/6 (3) in a tight match over Seamus Hughes in the Quarters and then in another squeaker 6/4 5/7 7/6(9) over Little Johnny Hart in the Semis. Best of luck in the Finals against Brian Meikeljohn.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:21 AM   #870
Christy
n00b

No. 1 in the world doesn't seem that tough! Beaten by some upstart who has been playing mostly on the challenger circuit. Need to get my boasting in quick before any potential rematch when he is not out of form!

First time since he first made a QF 4 years ago that Hart has not been involved in a slam second week.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:09 AM   #871
thehitcat
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy View Post
No. 1 in the world doesn't seem that tough! Beaten by some upstart who has been playing mostly on the challenger circuit. Need to get my boasting in quick before any potential rematch when he is not out of form!

First time since he first made a QF 4 years ago that Hart has not been involved in a slam second week.

Sorry I didn't get on earlier to congratulate you. Nothing like having one of your up and comers knock off a top seed or in this case the #1 player in the world. Good luck in the future (against everyone else )
Old 02-14-2019, 01:06 PM   #872
Christy
n00b

Thank you.

In the end Solberg was a bit too tough but took him to 5 sets (looking back at the US there appears to be a lot of 5 setters actually).

Still it is a good omen going forward. I had some passable careers in gw3 testing things out and Perez seems to be tracking ahead of them so far.

Good to see some Irish doing well. Created some myself but all my created players so far have been below par.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:48 PM   #873
Brian Swartz
Pro Rookie

Perez is a good one. Not a challenger player anymore - and he's going to kick Kasaravalli's arse.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:19 PM   #874
Christy
n00b

He is. And kicked on well from the US with a 250 final and a 500 victory! Had hoped for all this in a years time. Goals have changed to see if he can make a serious dent in the top 10 next season. Seeding will be important for him. He is defending 325 points before the Australian Open so will likely not make much ground before then but during and after the Open some ground could be made.

Kasaravalli is definitely one of your academy's weaker prospects over recent years but that is not saying much.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:15 AM   #875
Brian Swartz
Pro Rookie

My tracking has him as THE worst - previous players were emerging from Challengers by now, he's got another year. So he'll merely be like Top 5 or something. #EntitledManagerProblems. Just beat the #2 seed at CH2 Tiburon in the QF in a 3-tiebreak match, a Top-50 scalp . .. and then got beat by an unseeded player in the semis. There's been a lot of that kind of inconsistent crap coming out of his results.

I'd say your goals for Perez are quite reasonable. I currently grade him out at 8.32, which is usually good enough for the 5th-8th range. Comparatively, Hart is 8.86, or a hair better than any of my players have ever reached. And it doesn't hurt any of us to have stuff like Meikeljohn's manager criminally overplaying him a lot of the time. The main problem you'll have I think is the strong 'in-their-prime' group that is currently in place. Chiba, ex-Prince Karl, and Andrejova are the only ones who are over-the-hill at all right now. So might have to be a bit patient. World Tour Finals next year would personally be my goal.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 02-17-2019 at 03:17 AM.