Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-24-2018, 02:53 PM   #101
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

The Legion traveled in numbers to Sarpborg for our first Euro Cup game ever and came home singing the name of Gimenez the whole way!
thehitcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 03:00 PM   #102
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitcat View Post
The Legion traveled in numbers to Sarpborg for our first Euro Cup game ever and came home singing the name of Gimenez the whole way!

Yeah! Can we hold on? I think so. I see us moving through the Vikings to the next threat.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 03:17 PM   #103
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We extend GK Rimniceanu by a year.

Friendly #2 – We lose 1-2

Home vs Sarpborg, Leg #2 – I move Petre to the bench and start Stoian. Ready for gaming? Here we go! They get a yellow early. Boring first 20, and I tell my folks to open it up. They get goal in them 32nd minute off a counter. Half 0-1 them. Go out there and get me that win! They injure Gimenez a bit, I choose to send in Dodoi. Traore finds Dodoi for a score in the 63rd. I send in Sato on the ML. Then in the 74th, Dodoi finds Simonovski for goal. Petre for a tired Traore. We win today 2-1, MOM is Simonovski. We are through

Gimenez is out for 4 days with a gashed leg.

We draw Rijeka from Croatia for the next leg.

Old 06-24-2018, 03:34 PM   #104
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Well, I found my GK to build for the future. I was hoping for someone more ready to head out, but he works. He’s a 16 year old Gk in Italy on a Serie B team called Bari, and I think he’d do well for us.

Here he is. He’s a project, no question. We spent 800k on him. But you can see the beginning of a quality GK there I hope. I have 75k in transfer cash left, by the by. Anyways, Maio probably was available for us because he was at a lower level. I scouted some good young Gks that I was able to make deals within good top flight clubs that just weren’t interested. They wanted to remain But Maio was different.

Liga, Game #1 – Away vs Pandurii. In the 1st minute of play, Gimenez is driving down the left, and the ball is tackled and falls the flank where Tandia leaps on it and crosses. Simonovski scores at the 0:21 mark! That is a great way to start the season folks! They hit us on a break in the 17th. In the 22nd minute, Jakub Palenik has the ball, and finds Gimenez with a run. He drives down the flank, and then hits Simonovski for another goal. We injure one of their folk. In the 43rd minute, Mitrea hits a lethal ball perfectly placed to Gimenez. Gimenez rushes, has a 1:1 shot with the Gk and finishes with goal outside the box just as defenders begin to close down. 3-1 half. The stats are pretty even in shots, on goal, possession, etc. But we are winning, sort of the obverse of last year. We need to finish strong. Dont get complacent lads. In the 47th minute, Simonovski gets his first ever hat trick for us. Gimenez feeds him a lethal ball. A great goal kick by Rimniceanu was hit on the way down without even dropping it by Gimenez to Simonovski who hit the ball and scored before they were set. It was a beautifully majestic goal to behold. It might beat Palenik’s goal from last year to my mind, as the best I’ve seen thus far. I send in Margeman and DC Pepe Castano. They hurt Jure’s calf and send in Morbeck for him. We win 4-1, and MOM is Simonovski. Nicely done!

I have to admit that this surprised me. I thought the early half of this season would see him return to the expected on-pitch performance for him from someone with his skill set, and it looks like he’s picking up steam. That MOM in back-to-back matches. Noice!

Old 06-24-2018, 04:25 PM   #105
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oh, and that was our fastest goal ever scored, by the by

World Cup 2018 Results:

Spain defeated Belgium 1-0.

Belgium is happy their class finally showed making it to the Final.s

Surprises of the Cup:

Uruguay, England didn’t make it out of Groups

Bosnia made it out of Groups

USA made it out of groups

In the 1st Knockout Round, Poland devatated Germany 3-0

Others were as expected –Belgium over Japan, Portugal over South Korea, etc. Argentina did take out Brazil in a battle of South American heavies.

Qf –

Croatia over Port – 2-0
Belgium over Poland 1-0
Argentina over France 2-2 on pks
Spain over Italy – 1-1 on pks

SF

Spain over Croatia – 1-0
Belgium over Argentina – 4-1

Enjoy!

Away vs Rijeka, Leg #1 = I start Petre today and I start Margeman in the AMC spot I created for Lupu. I want to give Margeman some games. I deregistered Sato from my Euro squad to give me another DC in case of injury and such. He is not on my bench right now. In the 5th minute they score, and it doesn’t look good. I had moved to defensive for the first fifteen minutes or so, but they still cracked the ice. They have a great winger, Marin Tomosov, and in the 16th minute, he again calls our goal his home and now we are sinking. We are down 2-0. In the 40th, Margeman gets a goal after grabbing a loose ball in their box after they tackle Traore. Well that’s good, that will bring us within one of the half. Until they score in extra time. 1-3 them at the half. SHOW ME SOMETHING ELSE! Margeman feeds Petre on a nice run, and Petre scores in the 53rd. I send in Pepe Castano for a tired Ursu. In the 67th, Petre finds Stoian on the other side of goal and feeds him rather than the attacks in the middle and Stoian, unmarked, finishes. Now we are tied 3-3. Well alright then! Stoian grabs a card. I send in Tandia for him, I don’t want to see him head home. Both of us have good opportunities. They know how important the Away goal rule is, and 3 goals is strong for us, so they are trying to come, and we are trying to crack that tie. Margeman feeds Petre and Petre feeds goal in the 84th. We hold and win 4-3. That was an AMAZING COMEBACK! We were down 0-2 and 1-3. Nice. As you would expect, Petre was MOM.

Holy crap. Is Margeman my secret weapon? Petre had two goals and an assist.

Well I’ll leave Margeman in at the AMC for a few games, and let’s see what happens.

Old 06-24-2018, 04:50 PM   #106
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have loan offers for Morbeck and Abaz. Do I want to loan them out? I say yes to Morbeck as there is some development left he can do, but not to Abaz, our scouts tell me he has little growth left. We can do it here for him.

I move Sato to a backup role from rotation.

I link up Mitrea to tutor Castano

Liga, Game #2 – Home vs Calarasi – We make no changes, save I start Tandia at wing across from Petre and keep Margeman at AMC. In the 15th minute, Tandia gives away a penalty. They score. In the 25th, Simonovski is taken off the pitch and I send in Dodoi for him. Tandia gets a yellow and is doing horribly, so I pull him in the 33rd for Stoian. Half. We are down 0-1. They have one shot on target, but it was the PK. We have 11, and 2, We need to class it up. In the 53rd minute, Dodoi finds Margeman for the equalizing goal. I send in Pepe Castano for a tired Mitrea. As time nears, we need to turn our dominance into a win. I move to attacking. We score in the 88 as Petre crosses to Dodoi for goal. We pull back and hold and win 2-1. Good job! MOM is Dodoi with a goal and an assist.

Marko is out for 4-5 weeks with strained ligaments.

I will start Dodoi in his spot for now.

Good news!

DC Hansell Riojas has arrived from Peru. We need the DC depth fast, and I’ll rotate him in quickly with the injury to Viera.

Pepe Castano came to me unsettled at the club and wanting a transfer. I agreed to bring in an compatriot instead.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:05 PM   #107
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

August –

Aug 2 – Home vs Rijeka, EURO
Aug 3 – Draw for EURO Round 3
Aug 5 – Home vs Craiova
Aug 9 – First Game of Round Three, EURO
Aug 12 – Home vs FCSB
Aug 16 – 2ng Leg of EURO
Aug 15 – Draw for EURO
Aug 19 – Away vs Cluj
Aug 23 – First Game of Round 4, EURO
Aug 25 – Away vs Astra
Aug 30 – 2nd leg of EURO
Aug 31 – Home vs Viitorul

Now that’s a busy month. Forget the EURO for a moment, Away vs Cluj? FCSB? Craiova? This is not an easy month for the league matches. For example, only Craiova and us started the season with two victories, so one of us won’t be perfect in less than a week.

We liked the training of Mitrea, Lupu, and Castano this month

The amazing goal I mentioned of Simonovski was goal of the month for the Liga.

I bring in Spanish youth GK Guayacen Guerra and Castano now feels fully settled.

Home vs Rijeka, Leg #2 – We begin countering, I suspect they’ll come after us. They do. We hold, and hold. I slide to standard about 20 minutes in. They gather a goal off a nasty deep cross and Tomosov again scores on us. Nasty. In the 38th, Gimenez feeds Dodoi and we are tied at the half. Keep up the form. In the 46th minute, Tomosov hits goal again. Now they are up 2-1. I send in Lupu and Badal at DC. In the 83rd, Tandia finds Lupu for goal, and can we hold? In 5 minutes of extra time, Gimenez feeds Lupu and he scores. We win this game 3-2 and are through to the next stage 7-5. MOM was on their squad.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:34 PM   #108
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Who’s next?

Frankfurt.

Well that was a good EURO campaign! Have a good night Europe! Will the last Romanian team out please turn off the lights? Thanks.

Liga, Game #3 – Home vs Craiova. Make no changes to my roster. Ready to have a rough match? Alright, here we go I begin countering at home. In the 7th minute, GK Rimniceanu gives away a goal. Ursu hit an accurate back pass to him and he chose not to really pursue it, but to lazily allow it to come to him. As he saw a Craoiva player, he was closer and could have challenged, but didn’t and the goal was scored. Then in the 17th, they score again, and we are down 0-2. In the 33rd, Petre grabs a rebound from the GK off another blocked shot (that he shot) for goal. Two minutes later, a nice pass to set up Gimenez from DC Mitrea gives us the tying goal. Half, 2-2. Nice comeback, but keep it up. We got another half going. I send in Lupu for an underperforming Margeman. Jure with a yellow card. In the 67th, Lupu feeds Gimenez for goal, and we move to 3-2. Then in the 73rd, Gimenez has a moment. We are defending a CK. Gimenez is back. The ball is headed out, he scoops it up, runs with it the entire length of the field against two defenders, feeds Dodoi who is free due to the double team, for goal. I send in Rogriguez for a tired and yellow carded DMC Jure Obsivac. Craoiva pulls one back in the 79th. Now it’s 4-3. They score in the 87th. Tandia is injured late but I can’t pull him. Game. We tie 4-4. I thought we had them!

Tandia is out for a week or so.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:45 PM   #109
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Home vs Frankfurt, Leg #3 – Right now I have Viera, Tandia, and Simonovski out with injuries. Great time to play Frankfurt! Hansell Riojas is starting today. I begin countering. By the 20th minute, two of their players have collected yellow cards. Two minutes later, they have injured Dodoi lightly, I’ll keep him in for a bit. In the 23rd minute, they actually gift us an own goal, so we are up 1-0. I’ll take the accidental goal, thanks! Dodoi finds Gimenez for goal in the 25th.

I don’t know how long this score will last so here:

Enjoy the 2-0 score while it lasts. Margeman is knocked up a bit late in the half and they get a another card. Half. Don’t. Get. Complacent. Those words have never been more important. They come hard. They score in the 48th. They give a foul to them in the 49th and they score. Even the commentators are ruling that the PK was “harsh.” They are now tied just four minutes into the half. They finish a Corner for goal in the 54th. In the 60th, they get another yellow for someone who already had one and that player is sent off. I move forward. I send in Lupu. Schlocobeirt for Dodoi. And nothing happens. No goals, no magic, nothing.

Post Game Injuries:

Margeman – out for two days
Dodoi – Out for 5 weeks to 2 months with a thigh strain

Man, injuries are killing me.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:04 PM   #110
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Are there any ST I might want to think about bringing here for a loan?

We have sold Daisuke Sato for 125k to a team in Holland.

Liga, Game #4 – Home vs FCSB. I start Lupu and Schlocobiert today. I begin countering, and then ease back to standard around the 17 minute mark. They score in the 28th minute on a nice cross/header. In the 44th, Lupu grabs a loose ball outside of the box and drives a few steps and scores. We tied at the half. 1-1. You can win this! I pull Traore for Margeman. In the 67th, Schlocobiert finds Lupu for goal. I send in Abaz for Stoian. Then in the 83rd, we, hopefully, put the game away as Margeman hits Schlocobiert for goal. Rodriguez for Jure Obsivac. In extra time, Petre finds Schlocobiert for goal. We win 4-1. Mom is Schlocobiert.

Away vs Frankfurt, Leg #2 – We have Tandia back from his injury today in the lineup. They score in the 25th, Half. 0-1. You can do better. Gimenez gets a card and we injure one of their players. I pull Lupu for Margeman. Petre a card. Jure one. Stoian for Petre. Palenik a card. I send in Castano for him. They score in the 91st. We lose 0-2. Well, we wanted European play, and this happens. We lose to Frankfurt 5-2 aggregate.

Old 06-24-2018, 07:21 PM   #111
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Liga, Game #5 – Away vs Cluj. Is today the day we manage to get points from Cluj? I move Margeman to the middle where Traore would normally start. He’s tired from the congested fixtures. In the 15th minute, DMC Jure Obsivac collects a yellow card. Grrr. I pull my AMC to MC to have a 3-4-2 set up. We play good keep away and at the half it’s 0-0. Keep it up. In the 61st, Gimenez drives, finds Schlocobiert on an attacking run for the goal. I send in Rodriguez then Stoian. In the 85th, they manage to get that goal, and then we hold, and tie them 1-1.

If you had told me we’d tie Cluj today, on the road, prior to the game, I’d be happy. If you had told me we would have done so after being down a man for 75 minutes of the match I’d be happy. Be could have won that game without Obsivac’s red card. According to everyone, the card was totally justified.

I reject an offer for Gimenez

Liga, Game #6 - Away vs Astra. Astra are currently undefeated and 2nd in the league after Craiova. Traore is back in at MC and Lupu remains at AMC. Rodriguez is at DMC. Astria, Craoiva, and Viitorual are the only teams, other than us, to have no losses yet. I don’t want to talk about this game. We lost 4-2. And it asn;t that close, they were up by 4-0 by the 30th minute, and Gimenez got two assists late to Schlocobiert and Lupu for goals to make the score respectable. I had DCs giving up deep picks when they knew they were under pressure and a lazy throw-in that was intercepted and assisted for goal and more. It was a lazy, stupid performance.

Old 06-24-2018, 07:49 PM   #112
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I reject an offer for Petre.

14 of our players are called up for international duty.

We get the option of adding players today, on the 31st, and Riojas can start now

Liga, Game #7 – Home vs Viitorul. They haven’t lost and are #2 in the Basano after Astra. Simonovski is back from injury and starting again. Jure Obsivac at DMC. I start controlling. Let’s unfurl my sails and see what the guy can do now that he’s back. In the 12th minute their player, Dani Lopez, fouls us in the box and it’s PK time. Now my secret PK weapon is actually Mitrea. With a PK of 14, fin of 12 and long shots of 14 and composure of 14, he’s a great set piece option, even when you might expect someone who, isn’t,you a DC. He drills it in and we are up 1-0……and that’s it. It’s one of those boring matches where little happens and I look up and three minutes have passed and that’s it. I forgot to send in more than two subs. It’s the first loss by Viitorul this season, and gets us back to winning after a loss at Astra last week. MOM is Riojas, starting for Ursu. Welcome!

Old 06-24-2018, 08:15 PM   #113
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

September

Sept 15 – Home vs Hermannstadt
Sept 22 – Away vs Timisoara
Sept 29 – Away vs Concordia

Good Training – Petre, Schlocobiert, Castano

We got through hell month after going against Cluj, Viitorul, Astra, and Craiova as well as the EURO six matches. Whew! We are currently in 3rd place, although we have a game on many of the other teams.

Simonovski has been called up to the Macedonia squad for injury replacement.

Margeman scored his first goal for South Africa

Liga, Game #8 – Home vs Hermannstadt. Jure with yet another yellow card. Diving rain, an I begin controlling. In the 5th, Lupu finds Gimenez for goal, and we are up already. Four minutes later Traore and Gimenez connect and we are up by two before the 10 minute mark. I pull back from control after a few waves of them come. They injure Lupu’s ankle,and I send in Margeman. Half. I send in Rodriguez for Jure. They get two yellows. Gimenez to Simonovski in the 68th for goal. I send in Stoian for Tandia. He’s not had a great day. Rodriguez with a card. Another card for them. And there is his hattrick! The GK came forward, and Gimenez punishes him in the 93rd minute with a long shot into an empty goal. Lethal long ball from Mitrea that cleared the defenders for him perfectly. We win 4-0, MOM is….yes, Gimenez.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:58 PM   #114
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Liga, Game #9 – Away vs Timisoara. I am starting Ursu for Palenik today, and Dodoi is back from injury. He’s on the bench. We begin quietly countering after a few minutes early pressure from us. We punch the ticket in the 25th as Traore feeds Lupu for goal. Half. 1-0 us. Don’t get complacent, they have outplayed us. Stoian for Tandia. They finally crack our goal in the 67th. Dodoi for Simonovski and Palenik for Mitrea. We tie 1-1.

Liga, Game #10 – Away vs Concordia. I start Ursu and Margeman today. Corcordia is 6th in the Basano right now. We begin countering in the driving rain. We have early pressure but it amounts to no results. Then they get a card but nothing. In the 42nd minute, they drive for goal. We are down 0-1 at the half, but the stats favor us, and we have more shots and more on target. And 54% possession. Tandia is, again, not playing well on the wing so I send in Stoian early in the 2nd half, and that was the right call. In the 60th, Stoian gets a goal after an assist by Gimenez. Gimenez with a yellow card. In the 76th, Margeman finds Stoian for goal. I send in Dodoi and Palenik to sub for Ursu with a card. Game, we win 2-1, MOM is Stoian.

Cluj are in a freefall and sitting at 12th. They just fired their manager. I applied. Not because I want to got their, but in order to see if I can get my board to invest in additional club upgrades that they declined last time.

After ten games we are in 3rd place. 1st is Astra with 22. Then us, Craiova, and Viitorul are all tied with 21 points. All of us have 6 wins. Astra has four ties. The other three have one loss and three ties.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:39 PM   #115
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

October

Oct 5 – Home vs Dinamo
Oct 19 – Home vs Botano
Oct 27 – Away vs Voluntari
Oct 31 – Home vs Pandurii

Good training – Lupu, Schlocobiert, DC Carlos Badal.

Holy crap! Let me show you a cool news item I just got:

And this is just 10 games into the season, Gimenez is clocking in with a ton of assists. Good jorb!

Liga, Game #11 – Home vs Dimano. I start Stoian. Hot leg and all. I begin controlling. Petre to Lupu, goal in the 11th. Simonovski with a yellow. They bang up Gimenez and I pull him in the 42nd to protect him and Dodoi heads in. Petre is driving the flank, finds Simonovski who heads to Dodoi, who’s header is lethal, and punched by the GK out, and it falls to Jure Obsivac who scores in the 45th. Half, we are up 2-0. Don’t let up. I send in Traore. They score in the 72nd. Mitrea with a card. I send in Palenik for him. They claw one in the 83rd. I move to attacking high tempo. In extra time, Traore to Dodoi for goal. Lupu’s interception started the move. Here comes Dinamo. There goes the clock. We win 3-2. MOM is Obsivac.

Gimenez is injured for 4 days, but should be back for Botano

Old 06-24-2018, 09:58 PM   #116
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I interview with Cluj.

I bring in a couple of good Swiss youth prospects for a few years – MR Christian Schaub and MC Gabin Debobist

After negotiating with my club, they agree to update the training and youth facilities for me to withdraw my interest in Cluj, which I do. It will take a few days, but things should be fine.
Liga, Game #12 – Home vs Botosani – I begin controlling today. In the 16th,Gimenez finds Simonovski for goal, and then a minute later, Petre finds Gimenz for a gal, and then….nothing. quiet half. 2-0 us at the half. Keep it up. Jure with a card. Again. I send in Treore. (I trained him the DMC position over the last few months). Tandia for Lupu. They grab a goal in the 79th. Dodoi heads in for a tired Simonovski. A Botosani wave smashes but we hold and win 2-1. Petre is the MOM.

The two scheduled upgrades have begun and will take a few months each.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:24 AM   #117
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Liga, Game #13 – Away vs Voluntari – This is the halfway point of the season. Palenik is back in the starting role. No other changes. I begin with a counter mentality. A great Voluntari wave crashes against our defense in the first few minutes, but the boardwalk doesn’t fall. Simonovski’s groin in injured and I send in Dodoi. Jure with another yellow card. This will force him to miss our next match. Half, scoreless. We can still win this. I send in Ursu. In the 72nd they score, and I move to attacking. Dodoi grabs a goal in the 78th. I ease to control for a bit and see how it goes. Jure gets another yellow in the 79th, and I pull back to counter and move some folks in and send in Rodriguez. 7 minutes of injury time are added. They score in injury time.

I am so tired of playing this game with Jure.

I fine him a week’s wages, and he think’s that’s unfair, but I don’t care.

I move Traore to the DMC role to see what he can do with it. He will start there until my new player arrives in January or he loses it.

Here’s the table at the halfway mark

As you can see, Astra as still in 1st, and Craiova 2nd. We were in 2nd until our loss at Voluntari. As you can see, Cluj are in the last spot. Which is good for us. If the season ended today, we’d be in the 3rd spot moving into the playoffs. I also cut the assists and ratings that have Gimenez in them so you could see that snapshot fo his progress thus far.

Viera returns from his injury. I’ll nurse him back to the starting role from the bench.

Old 06-25-2018, 10:24 AM   #118
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

It makes this member of the Legion happy to see the table with Sepsi near the top and Cluj (this leagues version of the Yankees or Real Madrid) all the way at the foot.

That said, how are they down there with all that talent? Do they have a million injuries? Did they sell all their best players to cash in and pay down a debt? 8 Points after 13 Games seems unfathomable for a team that outclasses the rest of the division so heavily.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:25 PM   #119
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It makes this member of the Legion happy to see the table with Sepsi near the top and Cluj (this leagues version of the Yankees or Real Madrid) all the way at the foot.

That said, how are they down there with all that talent? Do they have a million injuries? Did they sell all their best players to cash in and pay down a debt? 8 Points after 13 Games seems unfathomable for a team that outclasses the rest of the division so heavily.

That is a great question. In real life, Cluj hit a financial wall about 4-5 years ago and had to dig deep and they lost some of their rep and players. They had some insolvency issues and were unable to pay their players. They were banned of a few years of Continental play while they got their house in order, but by all accounts they had by now. You, they no longer had great players like Ete'o, but they still were the best by far.

When I interviewed I saw something unusual. Their salary was high, sure, but they had just a few hundred thousand in the transfer kitty, although I figured at the time that this was because this was mid-year and they had spent it. They told me that the financial environment was tight.

In FM18, they are in their 4th manager. But I still have issues when I play them. One of my games last year was after they let their manager go and I still lost against a rudder-less Cluj. But it takes a while for a new manager, tactics, etc to help, to matter. Maybe that's the issue in FM? They haven't had the chance to congeal around a manager. Who wants Cluj? They have high expectations, and 6 month average turnaround, are sitting in the back of the table, and currently don't have the funds to get them out? So I think Cluj are just contniung to be the victim of their Yankee-equae success.

Take us. We are in Translyvania as well, with just a 5000 seater. We haven't sold out one time. Not for EUROs, no for Dortmund, not for major matches in the qualifiers last year, nothing. There just ins't the long-term sustainability in Romania that Cluj needed to continue As some point in time, the oil is going to drain from your wealth Oil Tycoon. Where do you go then? When everything you did was based around importing and buying at full price, rather than building and developing?

Old 06-25-2018, 04:25 PM   #120
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

November

Nov 1 – Away vs Targu, Romanian Cup
Nov 4 – Away vs Calarasi
Nov 7 – Home vs Pandurii
Nov 11 – Away vs Craiova
Nov 24 – Away vs FCSB
Nov 29 – Draw for Cup

Good Training – Badal, Schlocobiert, Lupu

I drop Viera to First Team from key player

Cup Match vs Targu – I’ll skip most of the boring write up. 0-0 draw, we win on PKs as Rimniceanu blocks two of their PKs while we don’t miss any. Viera played the second half and thus extra time as well. MOM is Margeman.

Liga, Game #14 – Calarasi. We begin countering, no changes to the squad. Around the 30 mark I realize they aren’t pushing so I move to control but nothing happens. Tied half. They have zero shots taken to our 12 and 4 on target. Keep playing your game! I send in Viera at the start of the half. Lupu feeds the ball past some defenders, and Gimenez and Simonovski pass it back and forth and Gimenez. Then in the 71st, Simonovski intercepts a backpass and scores. I pull to counter, and send in Rodriguez and Tandia. They come forward. We hold and win 2-0. MOM is Gimenez.

Old 06-25-2018, 05:30 PM   #121
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

14 international callups from Sepsi.

Liga, Game #15 – Pandurii – I move in Viera to start for Palenik. I begin controlling. Riojas to Stoian off a IFK in the 27th for the first score of a quiet game. A few minutes later Petre is injured a bit and I choose to pull him for Tandia. Half. We are up 1-0. Traore injured and I send in Rodriguez. Stoian crosses to Tandia for goal in the 56th. Tandia to Gimenez for goal in the 67th. Dodoi for Simonovski. We win 3-0. MOM is Stoian.

Traore injured his hip and will be out for a few months.

We lock up Petre for a few more years.

Liga, Game #16 – Away at Craiova – This is a big match. I stat Jure at DMC because I don’t have time to send out Rodriguez. Viera is tired and I start Palenik. I begin with a counter mentality. Can we get points from them on the road? We injure one of their players in the 16th. We started even, but then Craiova just opens up a can of beatings, and we barely hold on till the half. 0-0. I send in Ursu. Then Tandia. It’s sloppy game. We have one shot on target, they four. Then in the 83rd then get their 5th shot on target and score and u push to attacking. I don’t get a goal. We lose 0-1.

Liga, Game #17 – Away vs FCSB- Viera starts. Everyone is rested and ready to go. I will begin countering as normal, it’s FCSB after all. At 6:16 we injure one of their folks. In the 14th minute, Stoian hits Petre for goal. Then in the 19th minute, Margeman hits Petre for goal! And then…….that’s it. Quiet game. No real pressure by either team. FCSB was content to pull back after we exposed them twice for attacking, and we were too. Petre is MOM. Jure had another yellow and is banned for the next match for too many of them.

We draw Cluj in the next round of the Cup

Old 06-25-2018, 06:21 PM   #122
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

December

Dec 1 – Home vs Cluj, Liga
Dec 6 – Away vs Cluj, Cup
Dec 9 – Home vs Astra
Dec 15 – Away vs Viitorul
Dec 22 – Away vs Hermannstadt

Ready for the Month o ‘ Cluj?

Good Training – Lupu, Schlocobiert

Liga, Game #18 – Home vs Cluj – We begin standard for the Cluj match. We then move to control and then we get an OG and are up 1-0 at the half. Don’t; get complacent folks! Simonovski finds Lupu for goal in the 56th, and then…nothing. Very quiet game from Cluj. We win 2-0 and MOM is Lupu. We have finally beaten Cluj!

Old 06-25-2018, 07:13 PM   #123
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
We have finally beaten Cluj!

Good job! I'm really starting to dislike them.

Now, it's time to knock them out of the Cup, too.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:58 PM   #124
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfriars Bobby View Post
Good job! I'm really starting to dislike them.

Now, it's time to knock them out of the Cup, too.

Yup! Let's do it!

Old 06-25-2018, 08:42 PM   #125
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Cup – Away vs Cluj – Is Cluj going to get revenge on us for last game? Jure is back at DMC. The game is even until they foul Gimenez in the box int eh 25th. Up steps Mitrea and……..score! Nicely done lad. They wound Simonovski a few minutes later and I send in Schlocobiert. In the 29th, Stoian crosses to Lupu for goal. The Cluj assault begins and they manage a few shots but nothing dangerous. They grab a goal in the 44th. Half, 2-1 us. Don’t get complacent! In the 47th, Petre finds Gimenez for goal. Another penalty is called on Cluj, and Mitrea sinks it as well in the 53rd. Please give us another penalty, I want to give a DC a hattrick. I pull Gimenez to keep him ready for Astra. We hold on and win 4-1. Cluj won’t like the score. They had 22 shots and 17 on target to our 13 and 6. But hey, even without the penalties, we won 2-1. MOM is Mitrea

I'll take it!!!

Old 06-25-2018, 09:18 PM   #126
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

Cluj is down (or heading there) and out(of the cup) and the Legion couldn't be happier!
Old 06-25-2018, 10:13 PM   #127
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Liga, Game #19 – Home vs #1 Astra – This probably isn’t going to be easy. I move in Palenik for Viera. I begin controlling.They hold up and keep us from hitting goal again and things calm down. Then in the 38th minute Gimenez feeds Stoian for goal. Mitrea had a lethally on target DFK but the keeper pushed it away. Astra almost grab a goal off a corner kick in the 44th but it was pushed aside. Half, we are ahead 1-0. Don’t get complacent. Mitrea with a card. They have pulled their 3 subs by 56 minutes. I up my tempo to tire them out. Astra are pushing forward. In the 61st, Petre finds Stoian for a goal. Then a minute later, Obsivac to Petre for goal. I pull folks back to counter, and survive an Astra counter attack. We win 3-0, MOM is Stoian.

That was a big game. With that win, we are now in 1st. Good job!

Liga, Game #20 –Away vs #3 Viitorul – This is also a big match as well. I make no major changes to our squad. We begin countering and we are playing in snow here today. The first 18 minutes sees a minor Viitorul wave of attacks coming and we push it back. In the 28th, they give us a PK and up steps Mitrea and……he misses. The GK guessed right. The rest of the half melts away and we are 0-0. Now we are getting heavily outplayed. As the second half gets underway I pull back to defend as I just want to survive. I send in Palenik and Tandia for Stoian and Mitrea. We are holding well. Until the 91st minute in extra time, and Viitorul crack the goal. Then, a minute later, they do so as well. They finish with 20 shots and 11 on target to our 3 and 1. We lose 0-2.

That drops us right back down again

With 20 games, we are 13, 3 and 4.

Old 06-25-2018, 10:14 PM   #128
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Cluj is down (or heading there) and out(of the cup) and the Legion couldn't be happier!

Me too!

Old 06-26-2018, 12:08 AM   #129
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I choose to go to Cyprus for training camp.

Liga, Game #21 –Away vs #4 Hermannstadt – Alright, this is the final game before Winter break. There’s a driving winter rain and no one is in the seats. Let’s win it. I begin countering as I am on the road. They have an early push with a few shots on target. We survive another assault. In the 28th, Simonovski finds Lupu for goal, his 10th of the season. Jure finds Gimenez for goal in the 39th. Half. We are up 2-0. Don’t get complacent! They have more shots and more on target. They also have possession and such. They sink a DFK in the 65th. I send in Tandia, Viera, and Rodriguez. Simonovski finds Gimenez for goal in the 88th. MOM is Gimenez

Here we are, heading into Winter Break. After everyone has finished 21 games, we are 2nd – Astra just lost again, so we gained on them. Five games left!

You can also see Gimenez is leading in Assists, 3rd in goals. And rating

Old 06-26-2018, 06:37 AM   #130
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I make an offer to a great Bulgarian DC coming free in a few days. Anyone else want to chase?

Not really. We’re doing well, and I’m about to add that DMC we picked up in June.

With starts and mentoring, Lupu has already moved into the role as my best player. Here take a look at Lupu

As you can see, he’s on the rise in a number of places, and already looking better. Here is is when he was newly generated last Spring:

You can see rises to mental stats like composure, anticipation, bravery, flair, decision, and positioning, and well as longs, dribb, bal, pass and such. He is our guy. No question. He’s going to be our guy, no question.

Here is our coach report:

And there you are. The Lupu Project is working nicely. We are training him in passing right now.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:39 AM   #131
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

18 year old DC Valentin Antov, Bulgaria is our latest youth guy, and this one is more developed than many of my youth projects out there like Castano or Cadal.

We signed him.

He wants to bring his game to Sepsi!

He’s not as good as my current level of talent, and I’ll send him to the U19 squad for the rest of the year, but we’ll try to mentor and develop him. He actually speaks Hungarian, which is one of the two lingua francas of Sepsi, so he’ll be fine

(Sfântu Gheorghe is more than three quarters Hungarian). Cluj has been as high as 85% Hungarian in the 40s but that number dropped considerably during the Iron Curtain.

Old 06-26-2018, 11:09 AM   #132
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Who’s contracts are coming up in 6 months:

DMC Jure Obsivac
MC Alejandro Rodriguez
DM C R Albert Dalmau
GK Roland Niczuly
AMC Alexandru Chitiru
DC Ionut Ursu

And that’s it, no youth. Do I want to keep any of them? Dalmau is loaned out right now, and I have no desire to keep heavily carded Obsivac, the crowded out Rod, or the others. Niczuly is currently my backup GK but isn’t that good. I think I have better options on my youth squad. All five are going to be let go.

I don’t have any youthers free either.

Anyone coming free next year I want to make offers too?

Yes, but he won’t sign for me initially. So I make an offer with his club to transfer him, they agree, and we do the deal.

Now, before I show him to you, let me tell you what I had to do to sign him:

I had to cut like 10k from my weekly budget to afford the transfer

He has been on my radar and shortlist for a while. One of my Eastern European scouts found him last year. They thought he had a giant future for footy at the highest levels.

I made their team an offer to bring him in. But nether were interested. I was hoping that the connection he might have with our team would be enough.

He is 17 years old and Slovakian,the same as Jakub Palenik

He will be capped soon.

I was reminded of him when his contract was almost up in 6 months, and then made him an offer to join us for free, and that would have let me rob Europe. He said he wanted to wait until closer to the deadline to decide, but our scouts feel that he’d want to play for us.

We agreed to 850k with the club, Presov, in Slovakia.

If he says yes after our hot prospect offer, then we’re be getting happy.

He has agreed. But he’s great. Here:

I give you Milan Ekhardt:

Sometimes you get an opportunity to sign a player who’s good and you just have to. I’ll figure it out later, right? Right. This is Milan Eckhart, 17 years old. You can see that he reminds you of Lupu last year. I can see bringing him in and running him in the MC or AMC as well as Lupu and Margeman. And he’ll be a hot proect as he’s a little rawer than those two right now, although on the level of Traore or such already.

Welcome to Sepsi!

I have no money left, so time to hit okay and let’s finish 2018

Before he comes in, I offer Traore a squad rotation.

Old 06-26-2018, 11:27 AM   #133
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

January, 2019

Jan 19 – Cyprus Friendly #1
Jan 23 – Cyprus Friendly #2
Jan 26 – Cyprus Friendly #3
Jan 28 – Cyprus Friendly #4
Feb 2 – Cyprus Friendly #5

Good Training – Petre, Dodoi, Lupu

Schlocobiert has moved ahead of Dodoi and is better than Simonovski. Technically.

We extend my coaching deal by a year.

We fly out to Cyprus for Winter Training!

One of the better young developed players in Romania was at Viitorul, but was poached by AC Milan for 5.5 mil.

Friendly – We win 5-3

Old 06-26-2018, 04:34 PM   #134
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have our three new folks arrive, two you just saw and Wilder Cartagena

Welcome to SEPSI baby

Here’s are his stats

This is how you beat Cluj. Assuming they aren’t in a freefall. Wilder is great for this level of play. As a young, fully developed DMC, he’ll own that position instead of Jure, and he is on a club with fellow Peruvian international Riojas at DC. Wilder is the sort of player who can help to take us to the next level. Passing 15? Mark 16? Tack 15? He’s good at stopping folks, marking the worst players that are coming, and more. His 13/14 speed is good too. 17 leadership? 15 Visions, work rate, determination, aggression, etc? Stamina? The only thing I wish was a higher jump/head, but no one is perfect, right?

Welcome to Sepsi!

I move Jure to rotation

Traore is back from injury

Friendly #2 – I start Cartagena. We win 6-1.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:00 PM   #135
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My AssMan took over as the Manager of Iasi.

I need a new Assistant. I find my guy:

Georgian Akaki Khubutia

He’s very good. He’s a 4 star defending trainer and great elsewhere.

Friendly #3 - We tie 1-1.

Friendly #4 – We win 4-2

I get an offer from Inter for DC Carlos Badal. Why are they interested in one of my youth? He hasn’t show that much.

Here is Carlos:

He’s 19. He hasn’t really developed that much with player and such. He doesn’t have this amazing work rate to get to his potential. He’s a DC with 4 stamina. But clearly, AC Milan fee they can develop him. I picked him up after Valencia didn’t retain him last year, but I’m not seeing what is bringing out the big guns.

Can I push the transfer? I would sell him for a good amount of cash. I remove their clauses. They are Inter. I offer a flat 1 mill. They counter. We settle for 750k and 50% of next sale. I was able to pocket 550k of that cash, and is there anything else I want to secure?

Old 06-26-2018, 06:02 PM   #136
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I decline an offer of 400k from Porto for Palenik.

Palenik and I discuss his concern and I told him the offer wasn’t anywhere near our evaluation of him. He has a min release fee of 3.5 mill. He asks what I would sell him for, and he tells me that my 3.5 mill is too high, and we agree that if I get an offer at 2.7 mill, then I’ll sell.

It’s like his agent went and told Porto that because within an hour I have a “non-negotiable” offer for 2.7 mill. That’s sad. I liked you Jakub, I even brought another young Slovakian for you to play with. But you had already peaked.

Now I have 3 mill in transfer kitty to go shopping with. Certainly someone or other will scratch.

I call up my recent DC acquisition from the U19 squad.

I make an offer to Cluj for their best youth prospect. I like him a lot. I was willing to offer a lot, but my first check-in offer of 250k was accepted. Did I overpay? I doubt it, he’s strong. I was expecting to spend a lot more of my transfer cash.

Ah well.

Anyone else who strikes me?

I finalize an offer for the best youth prospect at FCSB for 750k.

Huh.

We must sell our youth too cheaply.

The 16 year old at FCSB doesn’t want to come to us (too young), but we do get the Cluj guy. Their finances must not be good. I’ll poach him.

This is Striker Raul Cobarzan. He’s a solid St prospect who can, hopefully, bring some heat. He’s my 5th choice ST after Gimenez, Simonovski, Schlocobiert and Dodoi, but we love his potential. I put him on loan. He needs first team starts.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:18 PM   #137
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

February

Feb 2 – Final Friendly
Feb 9 – Home vs Timisoara
Feb 13 – Home vs Concordia
Feb 16 – Home vs Voluntari
Feb 23 – Away vs Dinamo

Good Training – Schlocobiert, Lupu

Four of our last games include three games at home, and this isn’t exactly a Gauntlet of death or anything.

I loan out Raul.

I have had an offer accepted by an Italian club, Spal, for a young Romanian middie for 1.1 mill.

Friendly #5 – We win 7-0.

I connect Gimenez and Raul for mentorship.

Liga, Game #22 –Home vs Timisoara – I am starting my new DMC but everyone else is normal. I begin with a standard mentality. We injure one of their players in the 3rd minute of the game. On a run up the side, Petre finds Simonovski for goal in the 31st. Half. We are up 1-0. Don’t get complacent! They don’t. I send in Tandia and Traore. In the 74th, Margeman finds Petre for goal. Then in the 85th they ratchet one back. I send in Schlocobiert. Then we push and get an OG from them in the 89th. In extra time, Tandia gets a card, and they get a score, so we win 3-2. MOM is Petre with an assist and goal.

We lucked into that win, but any win when chasing the top spot is worth it.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:14 PM   #138
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have a loan offer for first team play for Schlocobiert. Take it? Yeah, it’s here in Romania and will help keep him here for getting Romanian citizenship as I have don for other S. Americans, and I can’t guarantee games either. I can call him back if I have some bad form or something.

Actually, I have changed my mind. I call up that team and cancel the loan. I am going to move Schlocobiert to start for the next four games. He currently is better than Simonovski in skills, and Simonovski currently has 8 goals and 4 assist in 19 games, but Luiz has 4 goals and 1 assists in 4 starts and 2 subs. Simonovski has been fine for a starting ST, but Luiz could be better, so let’s unfurl him and see what we can unearth.

Liga, Game #23 –Home vs Concordia – I begin controlling for this match. I hope to score. In the 9th, Petre shoots after assisted by Schlocobiert, the GK hits it, and Gimenez pounces on the rebound and puts it away. They are clearly setting up a fortress. 25 minutes in, they have zero shots to our 12. Viera a yellow card. 1-0 at the half. Keep it up. Lupu a card. I send in new signee Milan Eckhart for him. They hit a DFK in the 59th. Then Schlocobiert finds Gimenez for goal two minutes later. Ursu for Viera. I send in Dodoi for a tired Schlocobiert. In the 87th, Dodoi finds Gimenez for his hat trick! DC Hansell gives up a PK in extra time and they sink it. It bounced off Rimniceanu, who chose right, into goal. Then they score in the 91st off a counter from a Corner kick. I move to attacking. There are 5 minutes of injury time, so there is time for a 4th goal from us can we get it? Dodoi? Gimenez? Do we have it in us? No we do not. Tie, 3-3. Sad. Mom is Gimenez.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:55 PM   #139
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Liga, Game #24 –Home vs Voltunari – I handed out some rests and I have new DC Valentin Antov start for Hansell Riojas after his bad game against Concordia. I also am moving Tandia to start on the left Wing, to give Stoian a rest. After letting Palenik go, Antov is now my 4th DC and ahead of Ursu. Let’s get him some playing time, and see how he does. I begin controlling. In the 18th minute, Margeman finds Schlocobiert for goal. In the 38th, Schlocobiert finds Lupu for goal. Half. We are up 2-0 at the break. Don’t get that complacency. In the 50th, Schlocobiert finds Gimenez for goal. I send in Eckhart and Traore early to give them time to play. I’ll hold my final sub for injury. They climb one back in the 62nd. I put in Ursu for Margeman, and move him to DC and Antov to DMC and Traore to MC. On a IFK after they foul Schlocobiert in extra time, Mitrea hits Viera for goal. We win 4-1, MOM is Schlocobiert.

Well I think starting Schlocobiert for Simonovski is already paying dividends.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:04 PM   #140
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Liga, Game #25 –Away vs Dinamo – With two games left, we are 2nd going into this match. Viitorul just lost last week, and now they are just a single point above us on the Basano league table. Today we are heading to face #5 Dinamo in their place. Stoian and Riojas are starting today. I begin countering because they are Dinamo. In the 10th minute, Stoian crosses to Gimenez, and he heads the ball at goal and it rebounds off the crossbar and he grabs it and puts it away. A few minutes later in the 15th, Dinamo score in the 15th off a corner kick. Then in the 18th, Petre crosses to Schlocobiert who scores. We injure one of their players. A wave of Dinamo attacks comes, but at the half, we are still ahead 2-1. They have twice as many shots as us, and are clearly not happy. They start getting cards as the 2nd half is underway. I send in Simonovski and Traore. Then in the 81st, one of their guys with a yellow already fouls us and gets another and is sent off. I push forward as they turtle up. In the 89th, Stoian has a great run, finds Simonovski, and we win 3-1. MOM is Petre.

Our win puts pressure on Viitorul, who are away against Craiova this week. They are just a point above us and… they win 4-3 against Craiova

The Cup Quarter Final occurred, and we are playing against League 2 team that made it to the QF. There is an opportunity to take away their homefield advantage by offering them cash in Romanian football. I offer them money (15k) flip home-field to us. They take the cash.

In training Simonovski is injured and out for 2 weeks.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:39 PM   #141
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

March

March – Away vs Botosani
March 7 – Cup vs Mioveni

Good Training – Antov, Lupu, Dodoi

The other matches will populate once the regular season ends.

Liga, Game #26 –Away vs Botosani – We are locked into 2nd. #3 Astra is four points behind us. But we are just one point below #1 Viitorul, so we have a shot at getting up to them. I begin countering for Botosani. In the 16th minute, off an IFK, Mitrea finds Gimenez for goal. Then they claw back as a wave hits us for five minutes, finishing with a tie. Things back off, quiet half. 1-1. Get this win! In the 66th, after I send in Dodoi for a banged up Gimenez, They score and we are down 1-2. I send out Traore. A few minutes later, Petre finds Schlocobiert for the tying goal….and thats it. We tie 2-2, and MOM is Petre.

Here is the regular table:

Here you are. We finish the regular season in 2nd, and head into the playoffs 2nd.

You can see Cluj in the back below two teams at 12 and 11 that were promoted this year. The rest of the top 6 are Viitorul at #1, Craiova behind us, Astra, FCSB and Dinamo. We will fight and juggle for various positions over the next ten games. As a reminder, Viitorul won this Basano Liga two years prior, and then Craiova last year in the first year of Sepsi in the Basano. So they are winners of the regular season again, two years later.

Oh, please note the highlighted gold folks. You can see Petre at the top of the ratings, Gimenez in 2nd and the top of goals, Petre top of assists, etc.

Old 06-26-2018, 11:56 PM   #142
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Romanian Cup QF – Home vs Mioveni. I start Antov at DC, Jure Obsivac, and Tandia and Eckhart. Given we are playing at home, I am in a controlling state of mind. We win 4-2 – 2 goals by Schlocobiert, 1 by Gimenez, 1 PK by Mitrea, and MOM was Petre with 2 assists.

Petre has like 3 Mom in a row now!

(As a heads up, I am playing these games, I am watching season two of Queer Eye, so I will have more limited commentary. Sorry! Not really )

Continental Quals – Game #1 – Away vs Dinamo – This is a game we just played, and they are a team you need to respect. I move back my full starters and starting countering today. We have a bore draw on the way when Mitrea sinks a 30 yard DFK for goal in the 82nd. Mitrea is a baller. Then they score us right back in the 85th. In extra time, Traore finds Schlocobiert for goal. We win 2-1.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-26-2018 at 11:57 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:35 AM   #143
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Simonovski is back, Jure Is injured for 4 or 5 weeks.

The new youth are here. I look to see if we have anyone notable. Not really that much. Anyone else I want to look at?

I’ll look after the Craiova game

Continental Quals – Game #2 – Home vs Craiova – I begin controlling. I want to take this game to Craiova. Stoian finds Wilder Cartagena for goal in the 35th. Schlocobiert to Lupu in the 49th. Tandia injured. Schlocobiert to Gimenez for goal in the 79th, Margeman to Petre, goal, 86th. We sandblast Craiova 4-0. MOM is Schlocobiert.

Tandia is out for a month; that was a major victory by over Craiova. Good job team!

We now have a 9 game streak of no losses.

I don’t see any Romanian youth that leap out at me.

SEVEN of my players were named in the Team of the Week!

16 international callups occur

The Sepsi U19 squad defeated the U19 squad from Iasi in the QF of the U19 Cup.

Continental Quals – Game #3 – Home vs Astra – I begin controlling. Like Craiova, I want to take this game to Astra. Viitorul beat Craiova on the road. They are not dropping any points yet. We can’t either. I start Traore in the middle as Margeman is out on duty. We win 3-0, MOM is Petre. Goals by Mitrea, Schlocobiert, and Gimenez.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:22 AM   #144
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

April

Apr 3/May 1 – U19 Semi Final Cup
Apr 4 - Away vs FCSB
Apr 14 – Home vs Viitorul
Apr 20 – Home vs Dinamo
Apr 27 – Away vs Craiova

Good training – Ekhart, Lupu, ST Raul Cobarzan

Petre is named as the Player of the Month!!!

Mitrea was 3rd, by the by.

Continental Quals – Game #4 – Away vs FCSB – Margeman is back in the MC spot. Uh oh,

We begin with two goals by either team, ours is by Schlocobiert. We hold and then in the 68th minute, they injure Rimniceanu, I replace him with a DC from my bench, and we manage to hold for a tie after I slide back to “Thou shalt not pass” levels of defense and giving us all aspects of attacking. We tie 1-1. MOM is Stoian with the assist on the day.

But this is not good. Rimniceanu is out for 3-4 weeks. He’ll be back in May. Meanwhile I have Craiova, Dinamo, and Viitorul in our way at least.

Who’s my next GK? My next one is Ivano Maio, the youth I signed. He’s already better than my backup.

Viitorul won and are now 4 points in front of us

Old 06-27-2018, 12:01 PM   #145
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Continental Quals – Game #5 – Home vs Viitorul –This was going to be our shot to catch up. But now without my GK it’ll be tough. I will begin counter not controlling. They have come hard against us, with more than 20 shots in our place, but just one goal by the half. Meanwhile Schlocobiert and Gimenez have exchanged assists and goals and we are 2-1. Don’t get complacent. We have 4 shots, 2 on target. We are lucky to be ahead. Riojas with a yellow to their 3. Lupu with a card. They score in the 59th and equalize. Another score follows. They disallow our goal in the 69th by Stoian. Stoian to Schlocobiert in the 71st. Whew. This is tight. I pull Riojas, Lupu with their cards. They were attacking the entire game, had 37 shots, and 18 on target, and we tied them 3-3. I’ll take it. MOM is Schlocobiert

We draw Dinamo for the Romanian Cup semis

Continental Quals – Game #6 – Home vs Dinamo – We win 3-0 with goals by Mitrea, Gimenez, and Petre, with 2 assists by Schlocobiert. I was controlling fr the 2nd half after counter early, and we never missed Rimniceanu. MOM is Schlocobiert

Tandia and Jure are healed back from their injuries.

Old 06-27-2018, 06:22 PM   #146
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Romanian Cup = Semi-Final, Leg 1, vs Dinamo – We are playing in driving rain, Stoian to Schlocobiert, goal, 19th. We injure one of their players in the 23rd. Petre to Schlocobiert in the 35th. They get one, then another yellow. They have a powerful attack, but it gets to nothing. 2-0 half. No complacency. Off a corner, Stoian hits Mitrea for goal. That guy scores more than an ST. I injure another of their players and this one looks serious. By the 55th minute, they are out of subs. I push my tempo. Stoian to Gimenez, goal, 59th. That’s his third assist today. In goes Tandia, Antov, and then finally Traore. On a corner in the 89th, Stoian finds Tandia, who heads it to Schlocobiert who scores a hat trick. We win 5-0. MOM is Schlocobiert. Now I also want to toss a thanks out to Ivano Maio, the GK, who, at 17, has been forced into the lineup, and has two shuts out and a 3-3 tie after getting assaulted for more than 30 shots and tons on target. Would Rimniceanu have done any better?

Old 06-27-2018, 07:38 PM   #147
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Continental Quals – Game #7 –Away vs Craiova – Countering for today! We win 5-1.

Here, let’s brag:

Hattrick by Gimenez. Just one goal allowed by GK Maio on the road against a team that used to have our number. We got six shots on target, and scored 5. Effective, efficient, and solid. Good job folks!

We have officially qualified for the EURO next year

Rimniceanu is back and will start next game.

Five players, including GK Maio, were in Team of the Week.

Old 06-27-2018, 08:22 PM   #148
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

Just wondering how many points behind Viitorul for Champions League qualification our boys are?
Old 06-27-2018, 08:39 PM   #149
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

May

May 1 – 2nd half of U19 Semi Final Cup
May 5 – Away vs Astra
May 12 – Away vs Viitorul
May 16 – Away vs Dinamo, Romanian Cup Semis
May 19 – Home vs FCSB

We have three games left in the quals, and we are still four points behind Viitorul, so it would be really hard to catch them now. We are guaranteed 2nd with three games left.

Good training – Mitrea, Petre, Maio

Schlocobiert is player of the month for the Basano

Our U19 team wins 7-4 on aggregate and are through to the finals.

Continental Quals – Game #8 –Away vs Astra. Countering to begin. Riojas is out with 4 yellows. I start Antov. Going into this game, we have three players with 11 assists and the record is 12 in a season – Schlocobiert, Gimenez, and Petre. 3-3 tie. 3 goals by Schlocobiert, assists by Lupu, Gimenez, and Lupu. MOM is Schlocobiert.

His agent comes to me, and I agree to a rotation deal that takes him off his current hot prospect deal. Dude is playing well. After that tie, we are now six points behind Viitorul.

Old 06-27-2018, 08:40 PM   #150
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just wondering how many points behind Viitorul for Champions League qualification our boys are?

Six now after the Astra game! Not likely happening this year.

EDIT: To get there, I'd have to beat them on the road this week and then win the following week when they lose,and have the tie breaker slide to me.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-27-2018 at 09:11 PM.