Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-13-2014, 09:13 PM   #251
Zinto
College Starter

Feeling the pressure to once and for all figure out who is the werewolf that has been terrorizing the town, the talking starts to pick up. It goes back and forth between Font and Clap and Clap and Font. Then someone yells "They are both guilty!" And with that it is decided that they would both be punished for the crimes that had been committed. As each were properly dealt with and their things gone through it seems that Font's journal claimed that she was in fact the werewolf you had all been looking for.

Clap was a vanilla villager.
Font was a werewolf!
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:13 PM   #252
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I loved my moderator retribution in Game of Thrones

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:13 PM   #253
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Yes!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:14 PM   #254
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

And sorry clap.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:15 PM   #255
Zinto
College Starter

Knowing the nightmare was all but over, life went on once again. The proper memorials were held and families began their mourning process. But, the day after the next full moon you find the wisest amongst you Jackal gone and blood spattered in his home. It seems that the belief it was only one werewolf was wrong and there is still another amongst you.

Jackal was the seer.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:18 PM   #256
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Shit.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:18 PM   #257
Zinto
College Starter

Day Five Begins
Old 02-13-2014, 09:21 PM   #258
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm the Hunter.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:54 PM   #259
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE CHIEF RUM

I'm the hunter guys. Ergo Chief's the last wolf.

Something he said yesterday about "yes you have been voting for villagers Autumn" made me think he was the seer so I followed him onto Clap, but since Jackel was the seer it obviosuly wasn't CHief.

VOTE CHIEF RUM
VOTE NIGHTFALL
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:56 PM   #260
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Note how I was up on the walls taking potshots earlier today? That was a not-so-subtle (IMO) hint that I was the hunter.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:04 PM   #261
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
How does that work with the Hunter? I am not so sure it is game over if we lynch the wrong person tonight.

That said, I agree, I think the seer should come forward.

Another point I want to bring up - would the real Hunter have asked this about his own role?

No - because I know what my PM said about how my role works.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:15 PM   #262
Autumn
Head Coach

No sense making you guys pull each others hair out. I knew where I was going as soon as Chief posted. Well, before that. I will nightfall later but give a chance for last words ;-)

vote chief rum
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:57 AM   #263
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
No sense making you guys pull each others hair out. I knew where I was going as soon as Chief posted. Well, before that. I will nightfall later but give a chance for last words ;-)

vote chief rum

Autumn, you would be foolish to take DT at his word here. His voting record is worse than mine. Remember it was font and britrock and one other poster on Day One who orchestrated that lynch. That other poster? DT.

As font's wolfy partner, I am supposed to have started a run on clap? Kinda obvious isn't it? What should be obvious is that a wolf partner wouldn't so clearly start up another candidate, but a wolf partner would certainly jump on another villager doing so, which is exactly what DT did.

font voted for DT at the start of yesterday and then came off to switch to you. It's clear now that she was trying to set either one of them for trust off of that move (whichever one might be under fire, both of them saw votes), without putting either of them in danger.

As for the Hunter references before, anyone can do that, especially if they want to put something in place for later with a fake reveal. I didn't want to give any hints in such a small game because I felt my identity as one of only two roled villagers (and with no BG) and I didn't want to risk tipping of fthe wolves.

Look how fast DT nightfalled. Yes, a Hunter seeing a fake Hunter would do that. But so would a wolf seeing the only person who could take him out in a tie.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:57 AM   #264
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

VOTE DADDY TORGO

Old 02-14-2014, 09:59 AM   #265
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As for the Hunter references before, anyone can do that, especially if they want to put something in place for later with a fake reveal. I didn't want to give any hints in such a small game because I felt my identity as one of only two roled villagers (and with no BG) and I didn't want to risk tipping of fthe wolves.

Just to clarify, that last sentence should read...

"I didn't want to give any hints in such a small game because I felt my identity as one of only two roled villagers (and with no BG) was too important and I didn't want to risk tipping of fthe wolves."

Old 02-14-2014, 10:39 AM   #266
Autumn
Head Coach

Sorry guys, had to study for an exam that was then canceled due to snow, and now I'm juggling kids.

You make a fine argument, Chief, and maybe I'm wrong. But for several days I suspected DT was the Hunter, and for several days I suspected you were a wolf. Never vote against your gut like that.

vote nightfall
Old 02-14-2014, 10:48 AM   #267
britrock88
Pro Starter

Wowza.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #268
Zinto
College Starter

With only three of our heroes left, Autumn and DaddyTorgo are quick to point the finger at Chief Rum. Even though Chief makes a strong argument for why he could never be the werewolf including, claiming to have the strength of two villagers, neither Autumn or DaddyTorgo budge. With the final votes cast DaddyTorgo takes out his hunters axe and swings it down as the screen cuts to black.

One year later and there have been no more reports of werewolf activity in the region. It seems that once and for all the werewolf menace has been wiped out completely.

The village wins!
Old 02-14-2014, 11:34 AM   #269
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Nice - thanks Autumn! Good vote!
Old 02-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #270
Autumn
Head Coach

Woo hoo!

An entire game and I only voted for wolves, including two deciding votes. I think that's pretty damn good.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:51 AM   #271
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Way to go, village! I knew I was taking a big risk with my Hunter "reveal", but I was pretty sure Autumn was going to vote me no matter what. DT was the lynchpin, and I was hoping Autumn might be the Hunter, and give me the chance to talk DT onto Autumn. Didn't work out, though. Oh well!

I had fun. Thanks for running the game, Zinto!

Old 02-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #272
fontisian
College Prospect

Well done town.

I'll take the lesson here as don't post with a fever.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:12 PM   #273
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Woo hoo!

An entire game and I only voted for wolves, including two deciding votes. I think that's pretty damn good.

Are you sure you're not the seer?
Old 02-14-2014, 12:12 PM   #274
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Who'd our seer scan? And why no reveal?
Old 02-14-2014, 12:15 PM   #275
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

he was busy i assume and wasnt around to reveal

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:33 PM   #276
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Zinto and I agreed optimal strategy at the end was for the vanilla villager to self vote, then you're left with the hunter and wolf for a villager victory. The wolf can't fake being the vanilla villager (vote him out? Don't mind if we do!)

Nevertheless, good work Autumn and DT.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:20 PM   #277
Zinto
College Starter

I had fun running the game, and I hope that someone else will try to run a smallish game. I miss playing and as much as I want to try and play at board game geek I am afraid that the amount of posting plus the amount of time I would have to sink into a game won't work out.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:24 PM   #278
fontisian
College Prospect

How does this setup sound?
High Noon - MafiaWiki
Old 02-14-2014, 02:22 PM   #279
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Zinto and I agreed optimal strategy at the end was for the vanilla villager to self vote, then you're left with the hunter and wolf for a villager victory. The wolf can't fake being the vanilla villager (vote him out? Don't mind if we do!)

Agreed. Good job, village. Wish I had been around more late on D2 to throw a seer claim out there and try to shake things up.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #280
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I had fun running the game, and I hope that someone else will try to run a smallish game. I miss playing and as much as I want to try and play at board game geek I am afraid that the amount of posting plus the amount of time I would have to sink into a game won't work out.

BGG is interesting. You get quiet games and incredibly talkative ones. Takes a little feeling out. You can find me and Crimson Fox over there if you ever get curious.

...All that said, yay to games here!
Old 02-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #281
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
High Noon - MafiaWiki

Seems interesting for a small game. I could run relatively simple set-ups, too, though I might want to play around with different specials.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:33 PM   #282
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
BGG is interesting. You get quiet games and incredibly talkative ones. Takes a little feeling out. You can find me and Crimson Fox over there if you ever get curious.

...All that said, yay to games here!

I made an account and PMed CF a couple of months ago but got intimidated by the amount of posts in a game. But, I might try it out if we hit another downtime here.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:34 PM   #283
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
High Noon - MafiaWiki

I would be interested if you run it
Old 02-14-2014, 02:52 PM   #284
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

That's smart, JAG (and Zinto). I don't think that strategically, like you and Hoops do. But in this case I felt pretty sure of myself so didn't ponder it that much. I figured the wolf would come out immediately with a hunter claim.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #285
Autumn
Head Coach

Looks great, Font. I've got a bunch of notes here somewhere on a renaissance-style duel game that got way complicated and I never quite figured out.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:09 PM   #286
Zinto
College Starter

My regret from the game is putting Jag in, right before Day Two ended instead of right after. The wolves had targeted Jackal before that and I figured I had unintentionally shifted the game towards the village. I am glad how it worked out in the end though, but that has more to do with Jackal being busy.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:18 PM   #287
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That's a really awesome idea. Damn - why didn't we think of that!
Old 02-14-2014, 03:20 PM   #288
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's smart, JAG (and Zinto). I don't think that strategically, like you and Hoops do. But in this case I felt pretty sure of myself so didn't ponder it that much. I figured the wolf would come out immediately with a hunter claim.

Yeah - maybe if you hadn't been so sure of your vote we would have got there eventually (I like to think that I think that strategically), but it really wasn't necessary.

What gave you the "Hunter" vibe from me?
Old 02-14-2014, 03:47 PM   #289
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I shoulda had Autumn killed from the start. He's always super suspicious of me, even when I am a villager.

Of course, it's generally a good idea to be super-suspicious of me.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:01 PM   #290
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I shoulda had Autumn killed from the start. He's always super suspicious of me, even when I am a villager.

Of course, it's generally a good idea to be super-suspicious of me.

I'm usually fairly leery of you too - and your play was definitely pinging me. I want to say (without looking back) it had something to do with your interactions with font. If you weren't the seer I was convinced you were a wolf, so once Jackal came up seer I think your goose was cooked in my book anyways, regardless of if you'd revealed or not.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:15 PM   #291
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
so the ones around and talking at deadline were DT Bitrock, and Fontsian....Im betting at least one is a wolf.

Take any 3 people in this game on day 1. There is a basically a 50/50 chance that one of the three is a werewolf (51% all villagers/49% a least 1 wolf). It gets better.

On day 2 you have 6 villagers and 2 wolves. So in any random group of three there's only a 42% chance that all three are villagers. So it would have been a safe bet with any permutation of players to bet that at least one is a wolf.

Apologies for the statistics interlude.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:29 PM   #292
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Take any 3 people in this game on day 1. There is a basically a 50/50 chance that one of the three is a werewolf (51% all villagers/49% a least 1 wolf). It gets better.

On day 2 you have 6 villagers and 2 wolves. So in any random group of three there's only a 42% chance that all three are villagers. So it would have been a safe bet with any permutation of players to bet that at least one is a wolf.

Apologies for the statistics interlude.

This doesn't even count the Sorc. Naturally, and unfortunately, I didn't know I was talking to a wolf in Font as D1 ended. DT read like a villager, so I felt okay working with him and hoping he'd have fingers pointed at him later on.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:36 PM   #293
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Yeah - maybe if you hadn't been so sure of your vote we would have got there eventually (I like to think that I think that strategically), but it really wasn't necessary.

What gave you the "Hunter" vibe from me?

It felt like you we're playing out front, the way you might if you we're a roled villager and wanted to stay in the limelight enough to avoid a night kill. Once you started talking about the seer coming out I knew you must be hunter.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:37 AM   #294
The Jackal
Coordinator

I scanned Autumn D1 and DT D2 - left a post saying I felt good about Autumn and then pretty much voted font because I knew DT was good. I felt like I did not want to reveal just so I could get one more scan and seal it if we voted a wolf - but I also meant to say something right near deadline and got busy.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:35 PM   #295
The Jackal
Coordinator

To expand on my reasoning, if at any point had Autumn or DT been in serious consideration I certainly would have revealed.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:09 AM   #296
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
To expand on my reasoning, if at any point had Autumn or DT been in serious consideration I certainly would have revealed.

Makes sense. Worked out well for us in the end I suppose
Old 04-03-2014, 04:14 PM   #297
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Glad to see a game took off. I'd love to see another one or a dozen!
Old 04-03-2014, 06:03 PM   #298
The Jackal
Coordinator

I would happily play in another game. My time isn't what it used to be, and I don't think I can run a game, but I do miss it.