Nov 3 – Home vs Dinamo
Nov 7 – Home vs Sevilla
Nov 10 – Away vs Concordia
Nov 13 – Away vs Voluntari
Nov 23 – Away vs Astra
Nov 28 – Away vs Qaraba

Alright, here we go!

Good Training – Antov, Eckhardt, Farcas

Basano Game #14 – Home vs Dinamo – Most of my starters are back – Mitrea, Colombi, Cartagena, and such. I leave Petre in the lineup as well. Lupu finds Schlocobiert for a goal the 3rd minute. We’ve had a lot more opportunities to score in the next ten, but to no avail. Gimenez to Etebo for goal in the 19th. We injure a player in the 32nd. They have been playing keep-away from Schlocobiert and have just one long shot for the first half. 2-0 half. Don’t get complacent! Just as water is cascading from the sky, so too should tears cascade from the eyes of Dinamo fans after this game! Right after Margeman collects a yellow Traore heads in to spell him. Eckhardt next. Schlocobiert to Gimenez for goal in the 88th. We win 3-0. MOM is Schlocobiert.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:31 AM   #202
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

EURO – Group Stage #4 – Home vs Sevilla. I can only hope that we are Sevilla’s trap game today. Today is the final match of Q vs OM. Should the worst happen and both Sevilla and OM win, which is by far the most likely outcome, then us and OM will be tied with 6 points apiece, but we’ll have Q left to play, and should we hold our serve and Sevilla beat OM, then we’ll be ahead for the OM match the final week by three points. But points here, today, puts us into a whole new situation. So I am doing something a little different. In addition to starting my best XI and Antov, I am also beginning controlling. Let’s take it to Sevilla. Lupu feeds Schlocobiert for a NASTY, FILTHY GOAL in the 4th minute. It was just wrong.

I can’t show the video, but that goal was just nasty good. Upper left corner, and long range, and despite their GK going in the right direction, he was just too late. Just incredible, vintage quality stuff from Schlocobiert.

Now, can we hold our lead? I doubt it seriously. The one bad thing about this goal is just how early it wound up happening. It gives them plenty of time to make adjustments. We were actually 6-4 for the match heading in, probably because we barely lost in Sevilla and beat Om on the road. Meanwhile, Sevilla is not doing well in Spain and has been losing. We are catching them in Romania, at the right time for us and the wrong time for them. At least in theory. Not let’s continue the game.

In the 16th, Gimenez is on a counter and they are covering him almost at the half line, so he launches a cross deep to Schlocobiert in heavy traffic. Schlocobiert finishes.

Gimenez with the covered hoof….

You can’t even see another Sepsi player! He is covered by two defenders and the GK and many more are there. But it doesn’t matter. All we need is one player. All we need is Schlocobiert! And we are up 2-0, that quickly. I pull back to Standard.

We injure Pablo Sarabia and they sub him off. They claw one back in the 44th Half. We are up 2-1. Don’t get complacent! I send in Stoian. We give away a penalty in the 73rd. Colombi saves it! Tandia in. Our first major attack of the 2nd half is turned aside in the 79th. Here comes Sevilla and I move to counter. Can we hold on? They score on a corner in the 93rd minute. We tie 2-2. MOM is Schlocobiert with his 2 goals. We had two shots on target the entire game.

That single point is a lot right now. OM won 3-1, so we have 7 points to their 6 heading into the final two games.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:57 AM   #203
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Basano Game #15 – Away vs Concordia – This is the last game before the November international break. We have 26 players called up. At some point in time, we are going to lose here in the Basano. But I hope it’s not today! In the gentle snow. They score a CK in the 7th. Then in the 19th, they foul Petre in the box and Mitrea sinks the PK and we are tied. Later in the half, Gimenez feeds Schlocobiert for goal. Half, we rare up 2-1. But they have not been bad in the first half. Don’t get complacent. At the 62nd minute, Schlocobiert finds Gimenez as a thanks and gets him a goal back. A few minutes later, Lupu does the same for Gimenez. Heading in are Traore and Etebo. In the 75th, Etebo feeds Gimenez and he sinks his hat trick. Kubik heads in. We will eventually lose. But it ain;t going to be today! We win 5-1 and MOM is Gimenez.

Schlocobiert is injured for a few days, but it won’t affect his next game.

Man, Gimenez is the Gift That Keeps On Going

Old 07-01-2018, 01:19 AM   #204
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

NOT TODAY. Maybe tomorrow. But not today!

I am declaring this the official song of Sepsi’s 19-20 campaign!

You say you won't be frightened,
And turn to your hate to rage,
but time is not a virtue that you gave me,
and I won't say it's safe but I'm in dire need.
I'm down on my knees yeah.
Who wants the love, Who wants the hate?
We just need it cause the world will never change.

And all you ever wanted...my love...
And all you ever needed...my love...
And all my time was wasted.....
Not today, but maybe tomorrow,
Maybe tomorrow, you won't be around to let me down.

You say you won't be tortured.
You say you won't be torn,
but time is a virtue that I gave you,
and I won't say it's safe, but I'm in dire need.
I'm begging you please.
Who wants the love, Who wants the hate?
We just need it cause the world will never change.

And all my time was wasted....

And all my time was wasted...
Not today, but maybe tomorrow..
Not today, Not today,
(The world will never change)
Let me down
Not today, Not today,
Let me down
Not today, Not today,
But maybe tomorrow.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 07-01-2018 at 01:20 AM.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:49 AM   #205
Izulde
Head Coach

Schlocobiert is a God damn hero!

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:40 AM   #206
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I am now getting job interview opportunities in Russia, by the by. I just turned down an interview at Kazan.

Lupu got a price hike with his wage after netting 5 caps.

I make an offer for another young Eastern European guy in middle Borna Bartolec of Croatia to come and join Sepsi! We sign him for 105k.

Basano Game #16 – Away vs Astra – This is not an easy game. They are 2nd. I will move to countering for today’s match. Are we losing today? Maybe tomorrow! But NOT TODAY!!! Luckily, Astra cannot use their starting ST against us today (Dodoi) because he’s on loan from….us. And he cannot be used against us (it was the same for Viitorul and their start ST Gabriel Morbeck last year too). At the 1:59 mark, Gimenez scores. A lovely attack by Schlocobiert was snuffed out in their box and Gimenez grabbed the loose ball for goal in the 2nd minute baby. Petre fouls someone in the corner of the box and they score a PK in the 33rd. On a IFK in the 41st, Mitrea feeds the ball dangerously, they head it out, and Stoian pounces on the header and scores. Petre with a late card in the half. 1-2 us. I pull Petre. In the 46th, Schlocobiert to Gimenez for goal. I send in Kubik and they score in the 78th. Card for Mitrea. Can we hold on from the Assault from Mount Astra? Yes we can! Maybe tomorrow? BUT NOT TODAY! They had 27 shots, 12 on target, and 2 goals to our 10 shots ,and 5 on target for 3. But not today. We got away with that.

Maybe we’ll lose tomorrow. But not today baby. Not today.

Old 07-01-2018, 06:40 AM   #207
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Schlocobiert is a God damn hero!

I know! I sort of lucked into him I think. Also, his agent didn;t negotiate for a minimum release fee...

Old 07-01-2018, 06:43 AM   #208
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I pull Petre from the starting job for a bit and Stoian and Etebo will be on the edges. He has 2 goals and 4 assists in 26 games.

A better Russian team comes calling – Lokomotiv Moscow. They have a ton of cash. I could easily make my imprint. Maybe bring Lupu, Schlocobiert or someone with me. No thanks. I want to turn Sepsi into Lokomotiv Moscow, or a similar club. Not vice versa. (Oh, our team looks almost as good as theirs, by the by)

EU and UK Update, by the by:

We draw Botosani next in the Romanian Cup.

EURO – Group Stage #5 – Away vs Q. We can get in with a game to go with both us and Sevilla win today. That would put us four points above OM. The worst would be a win by OM to go along with our win here, as they would just be one point behind us heading into the final week. Cluttered boards hurt. I begin controlling. Schlocobiert to Gimenez for goal in the 19th minute. Again ten minutes later in the 29th. 35 minutes in, OM are up by 2. Come up Sevilla. Cartagena with a card. Mitrea with a DFK in the 44th. Half, we are up 3-0. No to complacency. Or to losing! Traoe in for Card-agena. Get it? Gimenez to Schlocobiert for goal in the 52nd. Margeman steals the ball in a dangerous place and slides to Schlocobiert for goal in the 63rd. In the 82nd he gets his hatrick! Which one? Schlocobiert found Gimenez for goal. Now can someone get Schlocobiert his hattrick as well in the last ten-ish minutes? I guess we’ll see! Nope, but we win 6-0. On the road in their house, we had more goals then they had SHOTS> 6 goals to 5 shots. MOM is Gimenez, and OM beat Sevilla with a final score of 3-1.

With one game left:

Here is Group I.

Now two major points. If we had held on in extra time in our place, then we would be leading this group at 12 points, and OM would be in 2nd. However, because OM won today, we now have a relevant game at the end. At least it’s home.

All I need is a tie.

Old 07-01-2018, 07:30 AM   #209
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

December

Dec 1 – Home vs Botosani, Basano
Dec 5 – Away vs Botosani, Cup
Dec 8 – Home vs Viitorul
Dec 12 – Home vs OM
Dec 15 – Home vs FCSB
Dec 20 – Away vs Cluj
WINTER BREAK

Good Training – Maio, Antov, Eckhardt

Basano Game #17 – Home vs Botosani – I have one question for you. Are we going to lose today? NO! Perhaps tomorrow. But definitely not today! Stoian to Gimenez in the 27th shows that’s it NOT TODAY! Then Stoian hits Schlocobiert two minutes later. NOT TODAY! They annoyingly hit us on a counter in the 35th. Card-agena strikes again. With a card. (In case you couldn’t do that math). Half. We are up 2-1. I pull him for Traore. In the 58th a deep hoofed pass from Mitrea finds Schlocobiert for a score. In the 75th, Etebo to Lupu for goal. Tandia and Kubik head in as well to join Traore. Tandia feeds a dangerous ball to Gimenez in the 79th, and he is double covered so he slides the ball to Schlocobiert. Goal. We win5-1. MOM is Schlocobiert and his Hattrick of Happiness.

Maybe we’ll lose tomorrow…

…but not today…

Old 07-01-2018, 08:05 AM   #210
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Lupu comes to me wanting to leave the club, but I get Gimenez to talk him down.

6th Round: Romanian Cup – Away at Botosani – I begin controlling. We just beat them 5-1, but we’re in their place now, so we’ll see what happens. Hansell Riojas is back from his injury but dead tired. I have him on my squad as a backup. I’ll use him only if needed but I want to work to get him back. My captain has been out for an extended period for every year (Attila Hadnagy, Viera, Riojas). So annoying. Lupu has an amazing run at goal and finds Gimenez for gal in the 20th. Margeman to Schlocobiert for goal a few minutes later. Otebo to Stoian for goal in the 38th. Schlocobiert with a yellow. I pull him for Tandia and swap him with Etebo. We win 3-0 and MOM is Stoian.

Kubik and Mitrea have a great connect in tutor-tutlee

Basano Game #18 – Home vs Viitorul – They are currently 3rd! This may not be an easy match. Nevertheless, we shall not lose today. Maybe tomorrow! But not today. They have some early momentum but no goal to show. Card—agena strikes early. We grab goal in the 12th. Sure, it’s off a OG, but I’ll take it, thanks Viitorul! They score in the 35th off a nice goal from a cross. Half 1-1. I am not happy! I send off Cartagena. Kubik heads in, and I move Strobl to DMC. They get another goal in the 58th. Maybe we’ll lose tomorrow. But. Not. Today. In the 67th, they score. Again. Can Petre or Riojas help? Nope! We lose 3-1. Tomorrow came.

Insert Sad face here

We lost.

We’re still in first by, like, 15 points over Cluj, but we still dropped a game. That’s just…off.

Well I guess we can make it up in the next game….

Old 07-01-2018, 09:13 AM   #211
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

EURO – Group Stage #6 – Home OM. All we have to do is to win or tie by any amount, here at home. But we have to get a result against French club currently 2nd in their division. They are not an easy team. They beat Sevilla by two. They lost to Sevilla by one. They lost to us by one. Technically we could lose here, and Sevilla lose by a ton more against Q. But that’s ain’t happening. I have to get through OM. Did you know that, with 14, Schlocobiert leads the EURO in goals over #2 Gimenez at 11 and over some bum at 8. Fortune favors the bold. I begin controlling. In the 18th, Schlocobiert hits goal, and I ease back to standards, and then counter as they come more. We hold though and then the 35th minute sees a goal of theirs to tie us get offsides. Whew. Then we injure their DC and they head out. Half, 1-0 us. Don’t get complacent, we have 7 shots and 4 on target to their 15 and 7. They score in the 53rd. Then on a counter led by Gimenez, Schlocobiert hits goal again less than three minutes later. I send in Kubik for Card-agena in the 61st as soon as he gets a card. Card in the 70th to Stoian, and Petre heads in. I send in Eckhardt. In the 85th, they score and it’s all knotted. I move to defensive as they move to overkill. We hold and tie them 2-2. MOM is Gimenez. Good job getting through the Group Stage lads!

We make it out!

Old 07-01-2018, 10:24 AM   #212
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Basano Game #19 – Home vs FCSB – Our foes are currently 8th in the Basano, and have been tumbling right down the charts with a recent bad run of form. We are ready to get back to winning in (and the) league. Here comes the stretcher. We sent home one of their players. We win 2-0, goals by Lupu and Sch, assists by Sch. They injure Gimenez and I had to pull him. MOM is Lupu.

Gimenez is injured for a week with a damaged ankle. I give him an injection to get him through the last game of December and then he can rest.

Well that was a fun EURO campaign. We drew Man City.

I choose to head to Spain for our training camp!

Old 07-01-2018, 10:59 AM   #213
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Basano Game #20– Away vs Cluj – With Card-agena out with too many yellows, I move Strobl to DMC and Riojas is back from injury starting at he DC spot. I begin countering. Margeman finds Gimenez on a counter in the 8th. They bang up Antov a few minutes later, but I’ll keep him in. Luiz Schlocobiert to Gimenez in the 17th for goal. In the 35th, Lupu is assisted by Margeman for goal. In the 37th, Schlocobiert crosses and gives Gimenez his hat trick. Here, let me show you.

This is a team that we used to fear. This was the big heavy of Romanian football, based on an Oil Tycoon’s big cash. They were mean. They didn’t pay their players, and they had some issues, but they are still Cluj, and you saw that two years ago when I couldn’t even scratch them. And I have set out to build a roster capable of handling Cluj and the rest of Romanian football. Here we are, on the road in Cluj’s home, in eh 38th minute of the game. Gimenez a hattrick. I am up 4-0 and it’s dominating. They have a single shot and it was nowhere near goal. In the same time, we have 13 shots, 9 on target. We are playing at a different level this year. Half. Don’t get complacent. For about ten minutes they don’t score but they are pushing forward. Kubik for Antov. They score in the 68th. The next minute, at the 68:46 mark, Schlocobiert scores after Gimenez finds him an on attack run. Petre and Traore head in. They score again in the 83rd. Lupu finds Margeman for goal in the 87th. We win 6-2, MOM is Gimenez.

I’m glad I gave him that injection!

Old 07-01-2018, 11:00 AM   #214
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here’s the table for me. Even though we have just 20 games, we have a lot of distance between us and the rest of the pack. You can also see goals, ratings, assists, clean sheets, and MOMs, in case you care about those, or the many cards of Cartagena.

Old 07-01-2018, 11:45 AM   #215
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I make an offer to an unsigned Nigerian youth player. I am scouting but I don’t see any major acquisitions to bring in in January. I could. There are players coming free who are happy to join me. There’s a nice Uruguayan player here and a few from the heavies of Argentina and Brazil.

Who do I have coming free in 6 months?

Traore
Tandia
Stoian
GK Beja Fejer

I make offers to around 8 youthers and a few I have allowed to leave without making an offer for them, among them is Kick de Geode. I transfer list Fejer.

Of that list, only Stoian is someone I like as a Romanian guy who can play on the wing. He only has 5 goals and 7 assists on the wing in 19 games. I make an offer to extend him by a year, and he is thinking about it.

Any of my scouts come back with any interesting results?

I sign the 18 year old Nigerian youth prospect, Bright Agu.

I make offers to three Romanian youths, none of which I see doing but adding to our youth squad.

Old 07-01-2018, 11:56 AM   #216
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dec 30 arrives. Our youth sign with us. I did find some studly Colombian folks that would be happy to move their game here, but have Riojas, Cartagena, Schlocobiert, etc that are keeping that from happening.

This is Francisco Viveros. 18 year old Columbian youth willing to swing by Sepsi, and not bad, right? Now if I could secure a hot prospect deal initially that would allow me to build him, then we’d be okay, but he appears better than a mere hot prospect by now. This guy has all of the look of a Wonderkid. I know Lupu is one. Milan Eckhardt probably is. I’m unsure about Schlocobiert; he plays like it but hasn’t grown much in the last six months. I think GK Maio is one. I also suspect that 17 year old Romanian David Farcas is one as well. That’s it. This gives me another. I could bring him in and train him as my future DMC in a year or two. Riojas isn’t so good that I need to have him take up a precious non-EU spot, non-Contonu spot. But Cartagena is. I like him better. Save for his proclivity for cards, but that could be more a function of a DMC with a ball winning role.

Here’s the other Colombia youth prospect I was looking at:

He’s an 18 year old who’s already been capped by Colombia. That spells WONDERKID. He’s more of a DR, but he has been learning the rest of the R positions, could be trained as a future MR or DC, and so forth. And he is willing to com to Romania as well.

I make offers to both. Again, it’d help if I could secure hot prospect deals.

Viveros – 375k, 4 years, 4k/week, hot prospect
Osorio – 950k, 4 years, 2.3k/week, hot prospect

Let’s do it!

Old 07-01-2018, 12:17 PM   #217
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Anyone coming free in 6 months I want to make an offer to?

Want another Nigerian First Team middle? Ahmed Musa is coming free in June. ��

Awards...

My fans are getting jaded:

Don’t join them LEGION!

Old 07-01-2018, 12:52 PM   #218
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

January

Jan 17 – Training camp in Spain begins!
Jan 18 – Friendly #1
Jan 22 – Friendly #2
Jan 25 – Friendly #3
Jan 29 – Friendly #4
Feb 1 – Friendly #5

Good Training – Lupu, Schlocobiert, Kubik

I sign youther ST Elliot from the Real Madrid youth squad.

I make an offer to Ahmad Musa of Nigerian football fame. He’s very good quality, and with my loss of Traore/Tandia, can add more to my midfield.

By January 5th, I have 6 offers for Schlocobiert, none higher than 2 mill, and 1 for Lupu, at 2.5. Nope. Now Gimenez has a minimum release fee of 5 mil. If the various offers down through the year also wanted to really pick him up, they could have for just 5 mill. But Lupu and Schlocobiert have no such min fees.

I get some pushback from Lupu, but, again, Gimenez talks him down.

Schlocobiert has never come to me and gotten upset about me turning down the latest offers from SEP, INT or COR. Lupu wants an improved deal, and I offer it.

See, the guy starts with 4.7 min release, and I remove the clause and lock it out and pay a little more. He could start with that locked in, as Gimenez and many others have, but nope. He hasn’t.

If you ae a Man City or something that likes him, make him an offer that I am not turning down in the double digits. Then you get him now before the removal of the UK from the EU and can grandfather him onto your team.

DC Martin Kubik now counts as home-grown. After finishing a course, one of my coaches improved enough that my shooting training is now four and a half stars.

We are beat out for Nigerian Musa’s services by another club. He won’t be joining us in the Summer.
January

Jan 17 – Training camp in Spain begins!
Jan 18 – Friendly #1
Jan 22 – Friendly #2
Jan 25 – Friendly #3
Jan 29 – Friendly #4
Feb 1 – Friendly #5

Good Training – Lupu, Schlocobiert, Kubik

I sign youther ST Elliot from the Real Madrid youth squad.

I make an offer to Ahmad Musa of Nigerian football fame. He’s very good quality, and with my loss of Traore/Tandia, can add more to my midfield.

By January 5th, I have 6 offers for Schlocobiert, none higher than 2 mill, and 1 for Lupu, at 2.5. Nope. Now Gimenez has a minimum release fee of 5 mil. If the various offers down through the year also wanted to really pick him up, they could have for just 5 mill. But Lupu and Schlocobiert have no such min fees.

I get some pushback from Lupu, but, again, Gimenez talks him down.

Schlocobiert has never come to me and gotten upset about me turning down the latest offers from SEP, INT or COR. Lupu wants an improved deal, and I offer it.

See, the guy starts with 4.7 min release, and I remove the clause and lock it out and pay a little more. He could start with that locked in, as Gimenez and many others have, but nope. He hasn’t.

If you ae a Man City or something that likes him, make him an offer that I am not turning down in the double digits. Then you get him now before the removal of the UK from the EU and can grandfather him onto your team.

DC Martin Kubik now counts as home-grown. After finishing a course, one of my coaches improved enough that my shooting training is now four and a half stars.

We are beat out for Nigerian Musa’s services by another club. He won’t be joining us in the Summer.

Old 07-01-2018, 01:05 PM   #219
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Enjoy the next Gianluigi Buffon!

Gianluigi Buffon - Wikipedia

Buffon approves of Maio!

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 07-01-2018 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:38 PM   #220
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I am changing and handing friendlies over to my AssMan.

Friendly – We win 3-0

Lupu signs his new deal

Friendly – We tie Slavia Prague in their place 1-1.

January 23rd arrives and it’s a big day:

We have arriving today:

3 Romanian Youth that I am moving to our U19 squad. All are 17.

Elliott from Spain that I move to our U19 squad, 18 years old

The 18 year old Croatian I picked up a few months ago – Borna Bartolec. Also on the U19 squad

18 year old Bright Agu from Nigeria….

As you can see, only Agu is really worth something from that list. He’s already capped at 18, but we don’t have a great future for him, see the potential stars above by my scouts. We’ll give him a chance, and maybe with Etebo on the squad, he’ll have someone that help him acclimate and become the greatest version of Bright Agu that he can.

None of the other youth, save for my Colombians, are worth anything, they are just bodies who are interested to add bulk, heft, maybe some subs for my main team, and more. I don’t expect any of them to be the next Schlocobiert. Of course, I didn’t expect Schlocobiert to be the next Schlocobiert. If I did, I would have started him at the beginning of last year rather than January. We might have won the Basano if I had done that…

Anyways, then we have our two Colombian youth joining them. Welcome to St. George!

Old 07-01-2018, 02:25 PM   #221
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Friendly – 3-1

I have loan offers from 7 clubs for Osorio. He clearly is on folks’ radars. He isn’t even listed for loan! I want to keep him this half of the year so he can learn the language and help the two Colombians cope and such, and I want to give him some subs and starts in EURO play and such.

Huh.

I just realized that I might have been making an assumption about non-EU play that I screwed up on for Romania. Let me try something in a moment.

What I am trying is this…

Why can I play four South American players on my squad?

I never did the math.

ST Gimenez – Argentina
ST Schlocobiert – Brazil
DC Hansell Riojas, Peru
DMC Wilder Cartagena, Peru

That’s four players. Four.

I figured it out.

Here are the match registration rules for Romania, as a reminder:

Squad Registration –

Maximum 25 players

No more than 3 EU players

EU includes both EU nations and Cotonou signees

At least four players training at Sepsi

At least eight players trained in Romania

Players under 21 do not need to be registered

Do you see it?

I never registered Schlocobiert as one of my squad. Just like Lupu, Petre for a while, Kubik, Antov, Palenik, GK Maio, and many other younger players, I never had to register them. So the cap on EU players only applies to players that are registered. It never applied to Schlocobiert, and it won’t apply to my two new Colombian additions either!

Mind………blown.

It’s no *wonder* Cluj were able to buy a team, where I have had to build one.

Well I feel sheepish…

Old 07-01-2018, 02:47 PM   #222
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Friendly – We win 3-2.

I got an offer for Etebo but I declined.

I have been getting some bids for Antov as well, but none approached his 6.5 min release fee. He’s gotten better with Riojas’s absence and is now, arguably, better than Mitrea and Riojas.

I loan out Elliot to a Basano team with a first team play.

I have an offer for Strobl and I decline it. Riojas? I’d accept. Mitrea? Sure. Strobl? Nah. He’s my best DC.

The offers for Schlocobiert are rising. I just got one for 8 mill from Stuttgart. And again, when I refuse, am I getting a Schlocobiert in my office the next day complaining? Nope.

Blast it Europe!

Southampton just made a 6.5 mill offer or Antov. He signs for them.

Stop poaching my young DCs in January! Palenik last year, Antov this…

Annoying!

Alright, can I find another DC? Kubik isn’t ready yet to be my 4th DC. Antov had a 20 jump, and was getting better at heading, for example.

Kubik is fine physically, but he just needs to improve technically. He’s okay as an emergency starter and subber, but I don’t want him as my 4th option. Anyone out there I like enough to snatch?

Should I bring back Castano? Nah I loaned him out as Kubik was better at DC. I find someone I like for the meanwhile. Not a great youth I can develop, just a solid, mid—range DC who will suffice.

Old 07-01-2018, 02:49 PM   #223
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I am not abusing this, but I want to show you what just happened. We have just been Cluj’ed.

Due to our success, an oil tycoon has chosen to invest in the club.

103 MILLION? Holy crap! Well, I guess in a backward way I have just finished a goal.

My EIGHT Goals for Sepsi:

• Create a powerful U19 squad. At the beginning of this game, we didn’t have a youth squad, just three players of note and value. Youth are the lifeblood of any team. I need to go out and sign out and jumpstart a new squad. CHECK
• To do well enough this year to not get relegated. CHECK
• Ideally, to do well enough this year to have a winning record. CHECK
• Next year, to move Sepsi up to the Top 6, to qualify for the Romanian Champions Playoffs. CHECK ONE YEAR EARLY
• In following years to increase Sepsi’s chances to make it out of Romania
• Build a roster that can reliably defeat Cluj. CHECK
• To turn Sepsi into an Eastern European Powerhouse like Dynamo Kiev, Sparta Prague, and such
• So secure financial footing to cement Sepsi into that role after I leave, so that Sepsi will not fade but will remain strong. CHECK

I think goals 6 and 8 were done this year, leave just 5 and 7 left.

Now I am not withdrawing my offer for my guy and I’m not about to head out and sign someone to a crazy, expensive, oil-ridden dream in the Way of Cluj. But hey. Financial security matters. What I’d like to see is the team invest in a new stadium. Ours is capped at 5000 and cannot be expanded…

Hmmm….

Board, will you build a new stadium? Nope. Buy one? Nope. But they do manage to expand it, even when that wasn;’t an option before.

Friendly – 4-0

Old 07-01-2018, 03:31 PM   #224
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

February

Feb 7 – Away vs Hermannstadt
Feb 11 – Home vs Timisoara
Feb 15 Away vs Medias
Feb 18 – Away vs Voluntari
Feb 20 – Home vs Man City
Feb 23 – Home vs Craiova
Feb 27 – Away vs Man City

Good training – Kubik, Lupu, Eckhardt

Our new signing arrives:

25 year old Romanian DC Mihai Balasa -

We signed him from FCSB for 2.3 mill with some of the cash we got from Antov.

He’s scouring the wires to see if he’s going to be signed to Sepsi!

Now, as you can see, he’s on the Romanian national team, he’s on a rotation play with us at 6.75/week. I just signed him for this year and next. But he’ll suffice. I want to give him a start or two soon, to get him stuck in, and then we’ll rotate him more later.

Old 07-01-2018, 04:06 PM   #225
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Basano Game #21– Away vs Hermannstadt – We are controlling. Stoian with an amazing cross for goal to Gimenez in the 20th. They pull and circle the wagons and get very little pressure. Half, we are up 1-0. Don‘t get complacent! Gimenez feeds his ST teammate a goal in the 51st. Balasa is banged up and I send in Mitrea for him. Petre heads in. Eckhardt in. Late card to Card-agena. We win 2-0, MOM is Gimenez

I loan out Bright Agu

Balasa is injured for a couple of weeks.

Basano Game #22– Home vs Timisoara. I don’t want Hermannstadt to feel left out so we are controlling today as well! Cara-gena with a card-early. In the 25th, Stoian a card as well. In the 27th, Schlocobiert is given a nice pass by Gimenez to set him up on an attacking run. They score off a counter just a few minutes later and it’s tied 1-1 at the half. I’m not happy! I send in Petre and Kubik for my cards, and they get two themselves. In the 80th minute, Petre intercepts the ball and finds Lupu up the middle who eases the ball to Schlocobiert. Goal. Can we hold? Schlocobiert says yes! He scores in the 88th as Gimenez feeds him. Goal, hattrick, MOM and we win 3-1.

Cartagena will miss the next game.

Old 07-01-2018, 04:56 PM   #226
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I loan out Farcas. I confirm Petre as a rotation team status, a downgrade from first team.

I am going to fast write this as I am in WATCH WORLD CUP mode. Sorry! (not really)

Basano Game #23– Away vs Medias – I start Viveros at DMC. Let’s see what he can do. We win 4-0, goals by Schlocobiert, Strobl off a corner, Gimenez, and Etebo. Cards by Strobl. MOM is Gimenez. Viveros had 7.6 rating in his first start for me at DMC

Basano Game #24 – Away vs Voluntari - In preparation for the Man City game, I field a weakened team with players like Petre, Traore, Tandia, Kubik and others starting. We win 5-0 on the road. Hatrick by Schlocobiert, goals by Gimenez and Traore. Assists by Tansia and three by Gimenez. MOM is Schlocobiert

Old 07-01-2018, 05:57 PM   #227
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Ready?

I hand out some rests…

We have had a magnificent EURO campaign thus far. Save for one game back in the knockout round where we tied a Danish team 1-1 in their home, we won, with a lot of quality, throughout the early part of the game. Then we had a surprisingly good Group I result. For example, During the Group Stage, we only lost once – away at Sevilla. In fact, if we had won the game and not given away that goal in extra time, then we would have won Group I and be facing a not-that-much easier AS Saint Etienne. Sure, they are easier than MC, but not by much.

Here are some stats to make you aware of:

The record for most goals in a EURO campaign is 17, set by A. Madrid’s Falcao in 2010-11 Cup. As of right now, Schlocobiert has 16. Even if we lose these next two games against Man City, and we all know that we will, if our guy nets two goals, he will set a record for 18 goals!

We got to get him that goal, n’est-pas?

EURO KNOCKOUT ROUND, LEG #1 – HOME VS MAN CITY – This is our chance for a point, a result, and goals for Schlocobiert. I don’t back down. Like OM. Like Sevilla. I am going to being controlling. You are in OUR HOUSE NOW Man City! We pipe “Maybe Tomorrow” through the speakers. Man City? You are going to win tomorrow. You are going to beat us in your place by more that enough goals to win. We all know it. But not today. Not today. I give my folks a hard tackling metric. I want to see if I can essentially Hack-a-Shaq Man City. At 2:43, Gimenez finds Schlocobiert for goal! This is his 50th goal for us. Already.

BUT NOT TODAY!!!

I ease to Standard mentality. They come forward and I order us to slide to counter, but in the 19th, their winger just stelas the ball hard from DC Strobl out by the line and his immediate cross is lethal. They hit us back. We hold for a bit, and then in the 43rd, Schlocobiert feeds Gimenez for goal. We are up 2-1 at the half. Do not get complacent!!! Never get complacent. Mitrea with a card and I send in Balasa for him. Balasa is still injured a bit, but he should be fine for a major game like this late. They score in the 67th for goal off a nasty long shot that was not only lethal but beautiful. They have knotted it. We send in Eckhardt and Traore. They have a nice shot in the 84th, but they handballed and it’s waived off. And………four minutes added….and….we hold. We tie 2-2 and MOM is Schlocobiert with a goal and an assist.

That gives him the tie for most goals in an EURO Cup campaign. Can he get another on the road against Man City?

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 07-01-2018 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 06:39 PM   #228
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Basano Game #25 – Home vs Craiova – I have handed out many a rest. I start Petre for a tired Stoian. We tie them 2-2 here in our place, with 2 goals by Gimenez, and MOM was him as well. Well,

Here is the table after 25

Here you are. Even after we drop a tie against Craiova, we are still strongly in 1st. See Goals? Rating? Assists? MOM? Clean Sheets? And Cartagena even has yellows too! Clearly he wanted to catch up with the others.

Old 07-01-2018, 07:42 PM   #229
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We draw Cluj for the Semi Final of the Romanian Cup

EURO KNOCKOUT ROUND, LEG #2 – AWAY VS MAN CITY –We are tied at home 2-2, so if we tie with a 3-3, 4-4 or higher then we win with away goals, otherwise, we’ll need to win in order to, well, win. I begin defensive. We can open up like a flower later, but only under the right conditions. I start Balasa who is just gotten back from his injury, so we can see how he’s doing. I’ll save you from a thumping 6-3 loss overview. Goals by Gimenez, Schlocobiert, and Stoian. That gets Luiz to 18. They injure Balasa in the 23d, and I put Mitrea back in.

I get a 1.1 Mill offer for Petre. Should I take it? I don’t need the cash! So no, I hold off for now.

Balasa is injured for the rest of the season. DANG! Injured twice that quickly. That’s not going to leave me a lot of depth at DC…

We’re past the deadline for registering others. I have no one I can bring in.

Basano Game #26 – Home vs Iasi – This is our final game of the regular season. I begin this match with a controlling mindset. This is the club my former AssMan is now managing, if you don’t remember. It’s snowing gently. We win 2-1, MOM is Gimenez, with assist, Schlocobiert has goal and assist, and Riojas a goal.

Mitrea finishes a coaching course and we send him on another.

Old 07-01-2018, 08:59 PM   #230
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

March

Mar 5 – Home at Cluj, Romanian Cup
Mar 8 – Home vs Viitorul
Mar 15 – Away vs Astra
Mar 22 – Away vs Timisoara

Good Training – Riojas, Maio, Eckhardt

Schlocobiert is P of the M again

Two of Schlocobiert’s goals are 1st and 2nd for the month.

We are starting at the 1 spot:

As you can see, we begin with 10 points on Cluj, 11 on Astra, 14 on Viitorul, and 15 on Timisoara and Craiova.

Quarter Final, Romanian Cup – Home vs Cluj – We win 5-2, Schlocobiert, Mom, has a hattrick, goals by Gimenez and an OG. Lupu, Otebo, Gimenez, and Margeman with goals.

Old 07-01-2018, 09:26 PM   #231
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Basano Continental Quals #1 – Home vs Viitorul – We win 2-1 after starting controlling. Goals by Lupu and Gimenez and they injured Lupu and he’ll be out for a week.

Viitorul have just fired their manager.

12 Mar – Our youth candidates arrive but they are….not good. That’s me being nice.

Basano Continental Quals #2 – Away vs Astra – I play with a Standard mindset. I start Eckhart and Petre. We win 4-2 and MOM was Petre with two assists. Goals by Gimenez, Schlocobiert, Eckhart and an OG from ‘em. Etebo has a card and will miss next game.

Old 07-01-2018, 09:44 PM   #232
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Basano Continental Quals #3 – Away vs Timisoara – I start Stoian and Peter and leave in Eckhart for Lupu. We tie after Card-agena gets two yellows and we drop to 10 men, 1-1. Stoian was MOM. I discipline him for a week’s wages, and he accepts it.

There are no other great youths in the Romanian Youth intake this year either. Ah well.

I am scouting 40, 50 youthers in the area and such folks out, trying to find any major people to target for inclusion.

I convince my board to invest in better training facilities. It will finish in October.

Viveros is capped by Columbia. I call and congratulate him.

Schlocobiert comes to me and he wants to move. We rejected another bid for him. This is the first time he’s come to me. He’s been a warrior for me. I would love to go to war with him for the rest of my time in Sepsi. I want to see him get 300 goals for Sepsi. He already has more than 50 in two years. But he has this. I tell him that I want to finish the season, and then we’ll actively look to move him then. He agrees.

Old 07-02-2018, 06:51 AM   #233
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

April

April 3 – Away vs Cluj
April 10 – home vs Craiova
April 18 – Away vs Viitorul
April 22 – 1st Leg of the Semi Final of the R. Cup
April 25 – Home vs Astra

Good Training – Lupu, Kubik, Dodos

Basano Continental Quals #4 – Away vs Cluj. I am playing a counter style today. Because he has been in good form, I am keeping Eckhardt at the AMC Spot for more time. I also leave in Petre as well. We win 4-3, with Riojas gifting them a OG in extra time, but Schlocobiert was MOM with a hattrick and Gimenez a goal.

With that victory, we have officially qualified for the EURO. Champions League here we come!

Old 07-02-2018, 07:34 AM   #234
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My AssMan, who is one of my favorite that I didn’t previously have a link to in the dynasty (such as Mikel Alonso in my Bilbao career or Basnik Hasi in my Carlisle one, etc), completes his coaching course, and I send him out for another.

Here let me show you my guy:

Here is Akaki. It’s just fun to have a former DC international for Georgia as my AssMan. And he’s good too.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:52 AM   #235
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Due to his growth this year, Maio is about as good as Rimniceanu, and would likely start from here on out, but he has a while before he’s close to Colombi. His link up with Colombi is finished and they get along lots and he learned a lot. They are both Italian.

Basano Continental Quals #5 – Home vs Craiova. If we win today, then we win everything with five games to go! Cartagena is back after missing last game – Viveros had started for him. We win 3-1, Strobl with a card, Schlocobiert with 2 scores, and Gimenez a 3rd. Great job at winning the Liga I Basano and making it to the Champion’s League!

For next year. Crazy, right?

I sign a youth Romanian named Cosmin Tina. Not a name you need to remember.

We draw Astra in the Semi Final of the Romanian Cup.

Basano Continental Quals #6 - Away vs Viitorul – Strobl Is out with cards. I send in some youth to give them starts – Eckhardt and Lupu over Margeman and Traore, Kubik, Viveros at DMC, Osorio at MR, etc. My goal is to get them starts. I still want to win. I still have my captain – Riojas, my strikers, and my GK out there to keep people honest. We’ll be countering today. We win 3-1. Mom is Gimenez with a goal and two assists. Schlocobiert and Traore with scores.

Gimenez comes to me and wants an extension. I do so by a year.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 07-02-2018 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:29 AM   #236
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1st Leg, Semi-Final of Romanian Cup – Home vs Astra. I have my normal XI starting for me. It’s raining here in Saint George in the Carpathian mountains at this time of year. It’s a cold rain that bites as a throwback to winter. A goal from Margeman to Strobl int eh 16th looks great! Until they call it offsides. Ah well. We are dominating the match, so I open up a little. They have no shots and 42% possession right now. They injure Strobl in the 19th and I send in Kubik. They got a yellow for the nasty foul. Gimenez feeds Schlocobiert in the 26th and we are up 1-0 over the Astra Injury Makers. At the 36:40 mark, the Injury Makers get a red card, and I pull into my normal Red Card strategy. We have pressure, but can’t net that next goal. I slide to attacking. Half. I told my folks to tackle easy, but Card-agena strikes and I send in Viveros for him. In the 61st, they injure Stoian and that’s my last sub. They score off a CK. I am trying everything to get a goal. I’m at home. I’m up a man. I am getting real shots not desperate long ones around Castle Astra. I have Gimenez and Schlocobiert. We have to get this. Viveros with a yellow. And there it is - 88th minute. Schlocobiert fed a nice ball by Petre, and he feeds Gimenez the goal. On the 90th, Schlocobiert to Gimenez for another goal. Whew. You knew it was going to happen. They were going to come through!

They had 2 shots, 1 on goal off the CK, and we had 26 and 14 on target. MOM is Gimenez. My boys! It’ll be sad to see Schlocobiert head out.

Old 07-02-2018, 04:54 PM   #237
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

As a long time Sepsi supporter () and member of the Legion I can only continue to be astonished at how well the team is playing. We are all worried about the coming summer with larger clubs coming in to poach our top talent but we feel strongly that between our manager, his scouts and our new deep pocketed owner that we will be able to move from strength to strength.

Now as just me: This is always the biggest danger time for me. We've been great but are taking the next largest step up in quality. Add into this the wild card of a new deep pocketed owner who might be A) fickle and looking longingly at other managers after even a slight stumble or worse B) only in in for the short term and potentially looking to sell quickly and saddle the club with debt. As a fan or real life Reading I know what sudden take overs by seemingly deep pocketed Russians can mean when he comes up short and the club is nearly thrown into administration.

Also really enjoying this dynasty, your style of reporting and the run you're own. Long may it last and Long Live the LEGION!!
thehitcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:36 PM   #238
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitcat View Post
As a long time Sepsi supporter () and member of the Legion I can only continue to be astonished at how well the team is playing. We are all worried about the coming summer with larger clubs coming in to poach our top talent but we feel strongly that between our manager, his scouts and our new deep pocketed owner that we will be able to move from strength to strength.

Now as just me: This is always the biggest danger time for me. We've been great but are taking the next largest step up in quality. Add into this the wild card of a new deep pocketed owner who might be A) fickle and looking longingly at other managers after even a slight stumble or worse B) only in in for the short term and potentially looking to sell quickly and saddle the club with debt. As a fan or real life Reading I know what sudden take overs by seemingly deep pocketed Russians can mean when he comes up short and the club is nearly thrown into administration.

Also really enjoying this dynasty, your style of reporting and the run you're own. Long may it last and Long Live the LEGION!!

Thanks, I'm glad you are enjoying it!

The good/bad of being rich is definitely a problem, and I'm not super comfortable with my dynasty changing on me like that .

I do think that one of my current young loanees Could step into Sch's role as well. We'll see though.

Old 07-02-2018, 06:32 PM   #239
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Stoian is out for 4-5 weeks

Strobl is out for 2 weeks

Cartagena not allowed in the next Cup match.

Basano Continental Quals #7 - Home vs Astra – I am doing three things today different. First, I have to start Kubik and Petre due to injury. Second, I have rotated a few starters like above. Third, I am tackling hard. You were clearly tackling hard, you had a ton of fouls, you injured two of my goals, and you got a bunch of cards and a red. Get ready to be bloodied, and hopefully, I’ll hurt your roster for the latter half of the Semis. We defeat them 1-0, goal and MOM to Schlocobiert

May

May 3 – Home vs Timisoara
May 10 – Home vs Cluj
May 13 – Away vs Astra, Romanian Cup
May 16 – Away vs Craiova
May 31 – Cup Final

Good Training – Muntean, Eckhardt, and Kubik

Schlocobiert is Player of the Month

Basano Continental Quals #8 - Home vs Timisoara –We win 6-2. 2 goals for Petre, Schlocobiert, Gimenez, Lupu and Kubik, with Schlocobiert as the MOM.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 07-02-2018 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:16 AM   #240
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Man City and Liverpool made it to the final of the EURO. Man City just beat Shakhtar 10-1 aggregate to make it! Ouch.

Basano Continental Quals #9 - Home vs Cluj – Strobl is back and on the bench and I continue to start Kubik today. While Cluj are even in possession, they never really are in this game.

If you had told me we would ever get to where we were 3-0 thumping Cluj, I would have called this dynasty concluded. Mission accomplished. Mom is Schlocobiert and his 2 goals.

Old 07-03-2018, 08:01 AM   #241
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2st Leg, Semi-Final of Romanian Cup – Away vs Astra. Cartagena is out with a card issue, Viveros stays, and I have Strobl in for Kubik. I begin countering, as I respect Astra too much not too. The sun is shining, and it’s a nice day for football. They grab a goal in the 9th minute of play. Then we hold off an assault, and they grab a card. And another. And Schlocobiert, on an attacking run, shots, and then sinks the rebound. They injure Gimenez and I have to send Etebo up at ST and Tandia at ML. Half. 1-1 tie. Don’t get complacent! I pull Viveros for Traore. They injure Petre. I send in….Osaraio. he’s the last winger I have. That’s my last sub in the 66th. Tandia collects a card. We hold and tie today 1-1, and win 4-2 aggregate.

Gimenez is out with a concussion for two weeks. Petre is fine though, just a few days.

We draw Timisoara in the Final

Old 07-03-2018, 11:13 AM   #242
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Basano Continental Quals #10- Away vs Craiova – I start Tandia, Etebo at ST, and others. We score twice – in the 2nd and 4th minute, and that’s it. We win 2-0. MOM is Strobl. Goals by Lupu and Strobl.

Final Qual table

There you are! Cluj had a fall in the last few games and came in 5th. Even if a EURO entry falls to 4th from us winning the Cup, they won’t get it.

Zenit St. Pete just sacked their manager. Is that the place Dr. Maximillian Surubaru wants to head to next? Maybe. (I apply)

Stoian is back from energy. Wow did I mistype injury there.

Old 07-03-2018, 12:10 PM   #243
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Man City beat Arsenal 3-1 for the EURO

I thought you might enjoy seeing who led in scoring and assists

Old 07-03-2018, 04:25 PM   #244
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our U19 squad made it to the U19 Cup Finals and will face Craiova.

I am given an opportunity to come to St. Petersburg to interview with Zenit. They have a ton of cash, and their two philosophies always line up with my own – Sign big names and young talent that can make an immediate impact on the 1st Team. They want me to build my way, but think it’s their way.

Alright, what do I want to go? Head east? Or keep up Romania?

I talk to the board, and they don’t agree to expand the youth facilities more, so I don’t pull out of my job interview.

Old 07-03-2018, 09:40 PM   #245
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

I wonder if you've taken Sepsi as far as you can. Certainly the best single season team in Romania's first division history. Unless you believe you can build a team to not only dominate but slowly make an impact in Europe you might be at the top. No matter your decision you will always be a legend to the Legion.
thehitcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 10:57 PM   #246
Izulde
Head Coach

Take the Zenit job, buy Schlocobiert.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:32 PM   #247
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Cupa Romaniei Final!

Welcome to Bucharest!

Your defending Champions, Basano Winner Sepsi

VS

Your #6 team, Timisoara

We begin controlling. Gimenez is back. Stoian is back. They are playing well, and I slide back to counter in the 7th minute. They score in the 26th. Then……nothing. Half. Show me something else!!! I move to control? Stoian a card. I injure one of their players lightly, but he stays in. In heads Petre for Stoian. Cartagena with a card. Traore spells him. I move to attacking. They score in the 88th. They win 2-0. That was not what I expected. I had never lost to Timisoara. Until now. Good job Timisoara!

When you are the heavy, sometimes upsets and such happens, right?

Old 07-03-2018, 11:36 PM   #248
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Take the Zenit job, buy Schlocobiert.

Yeah, let's see what happens here with the job in a bit. Every indication seemed to suggest that they were interested. And I've never done Russia. I think that would be interested as a major European nation in football outside of the EU bubble.

Old 07-03-2018, 11:37 PM   #249
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitcat View Post
I wonder if you've taken Sepsi as far as you can. Certainly the best single season team in Romania's first division history. Unless you believe you can build a team to not only dominate but slowly make an impact in Europe you might be at the top. No matter your decision you will always be a legend to the Legion.

I feel you. I do think I could build a powerhouse that can compete with the bigger clubs over time, years of time, with that Champions money and results, but we'll see. Hopefully my good run in the EURO will help push Romania back into the light.

Old 07-04-2018, 08:52 AM   #250
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Basano Stats!

With 13, Schlocobiert led the league in MOM; Gimenez was tied for 2nd at 8.

With an average rating of 8.02, Schlocobiert led the league, Gimenez was 2nd with 7.93. The highest non Sepsi player was at 7.39.

Mitrea was 3rd in headers;

Schlocobiert had 43 goals, Gimenez 26, both led. The next highest was at 20.

Dodoi was 4th with 18 for Astra. ST Raul C had 11 on loan to Medias.

Dodoi had the Basano’s high % of shots on target at 68%.

Gimenez led with 24 assists, the next highest was 14, and Schlocobiert was tied for 2nd with 14. Mitrea was next on our team with 9.

Gimenez led in key passes and in chances created

Schlocobiert was 3rd in dribble/game.

Cartagena was 4th in tackles/game.

Mitrea was 8th in picks

Antov is still first in Headers own ratio at 93% > sad he left

Colombi concedes 28 goals, one behind FCSB’s GK.

With 18 clean sheets, Colombi led the Basano

Colombi was 3rd in saves, 4th in parries

We scored 105 goals and allowed 28 goals, the fewest in the league (FCSB;s GK was out for 8 games, and thus looked better that Colombi among those with conceded goals).

Why did we do so well this year?

Two reasons
1. Schlocobiert started the entire year rather than half of it last year.
2. We signed Colombi and dropped from high 40s to high 20s goals conceded and almost doubled our clean sheets.