Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-05-2003, 01:38 PM   #1
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Angry IV.19 Season 21 Dynasty

Here it is, the highly anticipated IV.19 dynasty!

This year we have only 4 teams... though we may recruit the guys into FOFC.

lytic: SouthPark Cows (SPC)
Defensive team, likes to finish 5th.

RavenHawk: Gargoyles (evil gargs)
Forward trainer, 6 game win streak vs Cows.

Hobbes-: Fockers (Focks)
Midfield trainer, would like to finish 5th, but always finishs 6th.

Bluemage: The Mad Huligans (Hulis)
Keeper trainer, started slow... building strong!

EDIT: Added Bluemage...
Hattrick Moderator (since Season 22)
Evil Gargs' Hater (since Season 18)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
My Pro Soccer Story

Last edited by lytic : 01-04-2004 at 10:53 PM.
lytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 11:21 PM   #2
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Bye, Bye, Bengt

Only a week after naming Bengt Delhbratt the Gargoyles' Season 20 MVP, Bengt Delhbratt is heading back to Sweden via transfer. Dehlbratt states:

"It vas a like agreement between Gargoyles and me. I vould like to spend more time at home vith family mine."

Less than a week away from his 35th birthday, #24 was getting on in age, but his experience will be missed.

Coach Dessaux says, "We learned alot from him and wish him only the best of luck back in Sweden."

Delhbratt will be missed at the Right Back position. Skeptics wonder if the old war horse was sent away to make room for players more familiar with cutting edge tactics like pressing, counter attacks, and central attacks. Regardless of which, the Gargoyles now have a gaping hole in their defense where Delhbratt used to stand. Most of the Gargoyles' punters agree that it is not a duty that can be handled by incumbents Olesen, DiPalma, Black, or Grova.

While the Gargoyles scramble to fill their defensive slots, their offense looks to be in good shape. During the offseason, the Gargoyles have brought up 19 year old striker, Jeffrey Valencia, to give him a look-see at the position. Already outclassed by younger teammates, however, most likely Coach Dessaux is showing Valencia about so that other teams, who may be interested in his services, can see him play a game or two before making a buy-decision.

Gargoyles' punters are on the edge of their seats waiting to see what moves the oft-criticized, Ravenhawk, makes in the next few weeks. These moves could make or break the team. Pressure is on to bring players in as the Gargs will meet their perennial rival, The SouthPark Cows in week 2 at The Concrete Jungle.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:42 AM   #3
lytic
College Benchwarmer

These tactics are getting goofy... I'm not so sure I am confident that they work. 5-0 and no chances?

SouthPark Cows - Danvers Onions 0 - 5

Date: 11/6/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 10398583
Arena: Starks Pond
Crowd: 2274

Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 2274 at Starks Pond today. SouthPark had chosen a strategic 5-3-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Barfield - Barriuso de Migu, Dragóner, Danhof, Fredriksson, Garagnani - Guy, Mcnutt, Bokfeldt - Donaldson, Orkola.

Danvers started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Upton - Jackson, Flores, Cook - Lynch, Aviles, Hobson, Garzón, Hammond - Gustavsson, Jeremy.

Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of SouthPark, and they seem brilliant at it. Danvers immediately set off pressing their opponents. Danvers had a weak ability to press their opponents, causing the game to be a bit of a stalemate at times. In the games 23rd minute SouthPark´s Per Fredriksson fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Per Fredriksson for taking a dive. Danvers´s Carlos Garzón gave the visitors a 0 - 1 lead in the 23rd minute with a superb strike from the right. The referee showed Danverss Omar Aviles the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Danvers increased the lead to 0 - 2 as Clint Upton scored from the penalty spot, putting the ball in near the top left corner. The away team´s Randall Hammond took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 31st minute increasing Danvers´s lead to 0 - 3. After 33 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Elliott Jeremy who increased Danvers´s lead to 0 - 4. The referee showed SouthParks Yuri Danhof the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 4. Danvers held the ball, with a clear 55 percent possession rate.

The visitors Sven Gustavsson took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and full backs in the 52nd minute. 0 - 5 for Danvers. The structure of the game started to change as Danvers decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Sven Gustavsson came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over Lance Barfield, hitting the bar. After 58 minutes Jukka Orkola could have reduced had it not been for an excellent block by the visitors keeper Clint Upton. Víctor Barriuso de Miguel received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 62nd minute and almost caused an opponent to score. The referee showed SouthParks Steven Mcnutt the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. SouthPark held the ball, with a clear 52 percent possession rate.

SouthPark´s best player was Buda Dragóner. Clayton Donaldson on the other hand, had a terrible day. Danvers´s best player was Mikey Cook. Cornelius Lynch was a disappointment, however. The match ends 0 - 5.

SOLD SEATS

Terraces: 1507
Basic seats: 516
Seats under roof: 195
VIP seats: 56

RATING

SouthPark Cows
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: poor
Right Side Defence: solid
Central Defence: solid
Left Side Defence: solid
Right Side Attack: solid
Central Attack: inadequate
Left Side Attack: wretched

Danvers Onions
Right Side Defence: passable
Central Defence: passable
Left Side Defence: solid
Right Side Attack: inadequate
Central Attack: solid
Left Side Attack: solid
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 11-06-2003, 06:50 AM   #4
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Dang it, last look showed the Raiders were inadequate at counter attacks.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:56 AM   #5
lytic
College Benchwarmer

like I said, I'm buying guys with excellent passing... 66% passing, 34% defending.

My B team consists of:

defending/passing
excellent/solid
passable/solid
excellent/excellent
inad/excellent
passablr/poor

and I get brillant.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 11-06-2003, 07:12 AM   #6
Poli
FOFC Survivor

lol, I'm trying.
Old 11-06-2003, 07:41 AM   #7
lytic
College Benchwarmer

well I'm starting to think the ratings don't matter much... The guy beat me 5-0 with a weak pressing.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 11-06-2003, 10:00 AM   #8
Raven Hawk
College Starter

How the hell do you score 5 times using a pressing tactic. Lytic, you might want to get started early in kissing up to HT-Bjorn this season.

-----------------------------------

At The Concrete Jungle, 2045 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Gargoyles had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Kullenhult - Langeland, Di Palma, Blackburn - El-Nabil, Slyngen, Mccormick, Ball, Ekmo - Manee, bin Selamat.

Screamin' started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Jernigan - Willard, Mcdonald, Lucas - Nichols, Dufek, Alustiza, Kolberg, Taxwell - Metman, Galvez.

It was obvious that Gargoyles were using pressing as their primary tactic. After 3 minutes Screamin' put themselves up by 0 - 1 as Guido Metman finished off a strike from the left with a real cannon placed at the far post. In the 30:th minute Gargoyless Abdellah Mazin El-Nabil received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Guido Metman the unlucky victim, couldn´t continue the game. Gargoyles had a weak ability to press their opponents, causing the game to be a bit of a stalemate at times. After a fatal mistake from the away teams right side defense in the 37:th minute, an alert Phakphoom Manee bagged the ball, evening the score to 1 - 1. The referee showed Gargoyless Vicente Di Palma the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Gargoyles were very close to putting themselves one up in the 41st minute as Keith Mccormick got through, but failing in concentration, he shot the ball wide. The referee showed Screamin's Ad Taxwell the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. Gargoyles held the ball, with a clear 67 percent possession rate.

Gargoyles had a good opportunity to take the lead as Hafiz bin Selamat came up the left side, but he struck the ball weakly and it went straight into the arms of Cornelius Jernigan. With 72 minutes played Hafiz bin Selamat almost gave the home side the lead with an unexpected free kick set up, but visitors Cornelius Jernigan was onto it, grabbing the would be break through ball. In the 72nd minute Screamin's Arlen Lucas received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. In the 77:th minute Gargoyless Roger Blackburn received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Gargoyles, bringing the final ball possession rate to 80 percent, dominated the battle.

Not having decided a winner at full-time, the match went into extra time. Gargoyles could have put themselves ahead in the 93rd minute as Hafiz bin Selamat missed a volley shot on a ball coming in from the right. Cornelius Ball tired completely after a while, but the team mates managed to cover for his mistakes. Many thought Phakphoom Manee ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 109:th minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors keeper Cornelius Jernigan. The result was still a draw, so the game had to be settled with penalties. Gargoyles´s Hafiz bin Selamat was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Cornelius Jernigan. Score still 1 - 1. Screamin'´s Agustín Alustiza looked insecure all the way from laying the ball down to clipping the ball miles wide of the crossbar. No goal. Gargoyles´s Phakphoom Manee was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Cornelius Jernigan. Score still 1 - 1. Screamin'´s Tyler Willard penalty shot was very well placed but Torbjörn Kullenhult went the right way, blocking it spectacularly. The score was still 1 - 1. Gargoyles´s Karl Ekmo cooly put the ball past Cornelius Jernigan. 2 - 1. Screamin'´s Reg Nichols was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Torbjörn Kullenhult. Score still 2 - 1. Gargoyles´s Abdellah Mazin El-Nabil cockily booted the ball with a short-and-fast instep. The penalty, going just wide of the mark, didn´t produce a goal. Screamin'´s Rune Kolberg seemed nervous, putting the ball to the centre of the goal. Torbjörn Kullenhult however, made an early dive to the right, the ball passing him. 2 - 2. Gargoyles´s Even Langeland was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Cornelius Jernigan. Score still 2 - 2. Screamin'´s Cameron Mcdonald was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Torbjörn Kullenhult. Score still 2 - 2. Gargoyles´s Eigil Slyngen was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Cornelius Jernigan. Score still 2 - 2. Screamin'´s Arlen Lucas was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Torbjörn Kullenhult. Score still 2 - 2. Gargoyles´s Vicente Di Palma was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Cornelius Jernigan. Score still 2 - 2. Screamin'´s Milán Dufek was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Torbjörn Kullenhult. Score still 2 - 2. Gargoyles´s Torbjörn Kullenhult penalty shot was very well placed but Cornelius Jernigan went the right way, blocking it spectacularly. The score was still 2 - 2. Screamin'´s Ad Taxwell was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Torbjörn Kullenhult. Score still 2 - 2. Gargoyles´s Keith Mccormick was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Cornelius Jernigan. Score still 2 - 2. Screamin'´s Germán Galvez looked insecure all the way from laying the ball down to clipping the ball miles wide of the crossbar. No goal. Gargoyles´s Roger Blackburn cooly put the ball past Cornelius Jernigan. 3 - 2. Screamin'´s Cornelius Jernigan was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Torbjörn Kullenhult. Score still 3 - 2. Gargoyles´s best player was Torbjörn Kullenhult. Cornelius Ball was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Screamin' player was without a doubt Arlen Lucas. Agustín Alustiza on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 2.

Gargoyles
Midfield: passable
Right Side Defence: excellent
Central Defence: formidable
Left Side Defence: outstanding
Right Side Attack: passable
Central Attack: passable
Left Side Attack: passable

Screamin' Seamen
Right Side Defence: brilliant
Central Defence: magnificent
Left Side Defence: supernatural
Right Side Attack: excellent
Left Side Attack: solid
Old 11-06-2003, 10:22 AM   #9
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

holy! did enough shit happen second half gargie?!
Old 11-06-2003, 10:57 AM   #10
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Actually, it wasn't the second half . . . if you look carefully, you will see that the game went to 10 penalty shots before it was resolved. I didn't realize that it was a cup match, so I didn't set my PK's. You may also notice that my Keeper got to take a penalty kick . . .
Old 11-06-2003, 12:24 PM   #11
lytic
College Benchwarmer

maybe pressing is the anti-CA?
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 11-10-2003, 09:34 AM   #12
Raven Hawk
College Starter

The Gargoyles secured the services of "Big Al" Morgansson today in a transaction made in Chile. The Swedish defender will most likely take up the position at Central Defense, while Roger Blackburn slides out to cover the right defensive wing.

In other news, construction of The Concrete Jungle continues to move forward without flaw. The new facility is slated to be able to hold over 60,000 punters. Construction should be finished in time to host the SouthPark Cows in week 2.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:40 AM   #13
lytic
College Benchwarmer

No hard hats this year?
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 11-10-2003, 09:46 AM   #14
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Haha! It just wouldn't seem like a proper matchup without the hard hats, so the first 5,000 punters who show up to the stadium will recieve their official Gargoyles Hardhat!
Old 11-10-2003, 11:10 AM   #15
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I think I'll sit on upgrading my stadium this season and wait for next. I think the max anyone really needs it 75,000. So I'll do that after this season.
Now is the time to get a good keeper and see if defense works.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 11-10-2003, 11:11 AM   #16
lytic
College Benchwarmer

So who likes me 8th place prediction finish with my D- attack ratings...
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 11-10-2003, 11:13 AM   #17
lytic
College Benchwarmer

By: WVU2008
To: acwilliams17 625169.5 as reply to 625169.4
11/7/2003 at 19:36
Arsenal A.C.- Offense-not great but not horrible about average unless he uses the 3-4-3 Grade: C Defense- really good for only three defenders but not great Grade: B Midfield- Just like everyone else in the series around solid to formidable range sometimes higher sometimes lower depending on Home/Away and PIC/MOTS Grade: A- Overall- Midfield and defense based team hoping to take possession and win close games with about 3-4 goals overall per game. Will not win any high scoring shootouts. His Training I cannot really tell what he doing he has a young defender, keeper and forward. Experience- wretched. If I had to guess, I would say forwards but that is probably wrong. Grade- B

The Mad Huligans- Offense- well balanced, strong, hard to defend. Grade- B+ Defense- Again well balanced but not as strong as the offense. Grade- B- Midfield- One of the weaker mids in the series but not a slouch by any means still pulls solid and excellent consistently. Grade- B Overall- one of the most well balanced teams in the league and very hard to prepare for. The training is keeper which will boost his defense all year but his trainees are young therefore I do not see him selling them any time soon (except the abundance of them he is selling now). Experience-inadequate. Team that beat me two seasons ago to send me to my Division V he!!ho!e. Grade- B

EVillIVE- Offense- very weak because of his formations but when he uses a 3-5-2 it improves Grade- D+ Defense- One of the best in the league allows him to stay in low scoring games Grade A Midfield- very good, combined with defense makes him hard to beat. Grade- A- Overall: his mid and defense will keep him above the demotion line. He trains mid I think, so he will be a formidable force this season. Experience-poor. Grade B

Gargoyles- Offense- varies/unpredictable can usually put up at least good rating per game Grade- B- Defense- one of Garg’s strength good balanced defense Grade B+ Midfield: not as good as some of the others in the series Grade- C+ Overall: this team will rely on its secondary skills more than midfield I think he trains forwards. Experience-Poor. Grade- B-

South Park Cows- Offense- Nonexistant when playing with “The Cow Wall” but his 3-5-2 in his qualifier showed his offensive potential Grade D- Defense- off the charts and if he gets a new keeper he should get straight divines Grade A+ Midfield a little better than Garg’s midfield
Grade B- Overall if he gets scored on Lytic is in deep trouble, even the weak defenses in the league can handle his poor attack. Experience-poor. Training if you couldn’t guess is defending. Grade B-

Fockers- Offense- well balanced with good stats Grade- B Defense- very strong and will be tough to score on. Grade A- Midfield about average in the league above both SP and Gargs Grade B- Overall I don’t understand how they finished sixth last year. I think they may surpass both the Garag’s and SPC. Experience- poor Training-Midfield though it looks like he may need to do some stamina training with some of his trainees. Grade B-

Mountaineer Soccer Club- Offense- varies on formation since I use both a 3-4-3 and a 3-5-2. 3-5-2 strong wing attacks and a slightly weaker center, whereas with a 3-4-3 two strong attacks one in the middle and one on a side. Grade A- Defense- will improve all year as Donnie gets trained but there will not be a backup up to his level after Fjeling gets sold when his form improves. Grade-B+ Midfield should be better than last years with the new edition of a magnificent PMer with great experience and secondaries but not as strong as some of the midfields in this series but it is strong enough to do well even with the 3-4-3 Grade B- Overall- Should be interesting if this team lives up to potential, but I don’t think I will win the series. Set Pieces should allow this team to get a few special event goals. Experience-poor (probably weak once the new middie plays). Training-keeper. Overall- B+ (due to opinions probably a little overrated)

Greg’s Guys- Offense- great stats on offense with his 3-4-3 Grade-A. Defense- not nearly up to par with the rest of the series Grade- C. Midfield- Good for a 3-4-3 team but not great by any means Grade B-. Overall- this team should not get demoted. Its offense alone will keep it in games but whether it can win it for them or not is another story. Experience-poor. Training-forwards. Overall B-

Preseason Prediction for Standings

1. The Mad Huligans
2. Evillive
3. Mountaineer Soccer Club
4. Arsenal A.C.
5. Fockers
6. Greg’s Guys
7. Gargoyles
8. South Park Cows
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 11-10-2003, 01:13 PM   #18
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by lytic
I think I'll sit on upgrading my stadium this season and wait for next. I think the max anyone really needs it 75,000. So I'll do that after this season.
Now is the time to get a good keeper and see if defense works.

I've decided to take the opposite approach. I'm building my stadium now and buying a keeper later in the season. I figure that prices on stadiums are constant and the price of players goes down as the season moves along. Therefore, I should be able to get a much better player cheaper down the road.

However, if I had the money to actually buy a great keeper right now . . . I probably would do that, too.
Old 11-10-2003, 01:22 PM   #19
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Hey lytic,

I don't think that the Charleston Cougars knows what he's talking about. I just posted mine, looks something like this:

1. Arsenal A.C.
2. Mountaineer Soccer Club
3. SouthPark Cows
4. The Mad Hulligans
5. Gargoyles
6. Fockers
7. Evillive
8. Greg's Guys

Unless Evil gets another god-send youth pull I think that he is going down this year. He has been relying on his youth squad too much for his cash. Greg's guys might surprise somebody, myself included.

Not a chance you finish 8th. I don't think that WVU2008 has any idea how much money you have in the bank right now.

I predict Arsenal AC to finish first, but he is very vulnerable as well. I just looked at his squad again and realized that his team is nothing special. He has a decent team, but nothing special.

If you decide to make a run this season, you might be able to take 1st. I can't afford to make my run this season, but next season . . . I should be set to go.
Old 11-10-2003, 01:36 PM   #20
lytic
College Benchwarmer

If CA turns out to be better than what I've seen, and my keeper actually turns out to be a savior. I think I could win it... I'll need to be better than Brilliant on CA though. All I need now is a passing trainer to hook me up some.
I have a strange feeling I'll end up in 5th again.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 11-10-2003, 01:38 PM   #21
lytic
College Benchwarmer

dola, I also don't think he looked pas my last 2 games to see my attack. It can be quite nasty when I want it to be. It won't be as strong this year since I sold Sven Gustavsson... it is a calculated risk. I need near divine defense without a defensive coach to be able to pull this off.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 11-10-2003, 03:28 PM   #22
Havok
College Starter

how much money do you have in the bank Lytic??? and what kind of goalie are you looking to buy???
Old 11-10-2003, 03:34 PM   #23
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Currently $5.5mil

I want a SuperNatural keep... 6.5-7* will do.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 11-11-2003, 12:00 PM   #24
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Greg's Guys is hard to pin down. The series he came from (the one I'm in now) had 2 bots and a lot of inferior teams, but one very good competitor, 'The Bad Guys', or Radio Flyers.

It looks like the whole season was one big PIC for both of them, and just MOTS against eachother.

Having said that, Evil definately on the list to go down. He is not an impressive team. I lost to him, and I thought I was robbed.

Hulis is borderline. Fockers, I think you need to get some breaks too. You may be better than Huli's & Greg's, or you may not. You're definately in the risk category I think.

Lytic, well, who knows. Will CA work? Will defense matter in the slightest? Magic 8-ball says no, but we can always hope. I don't see you doing better than 5th though, just because of the engine bias.

qual match:
Lytic
Fockers

Auto relegate:
Greg's
Evil

Greg's is a wild card for me. Hulis could also be in the qual match zone as well.
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 04:49 PM   #25
lytic
College Benchwarmer

well I need about $1mil more before I can get that keeper. My sells have gone for less than I originally hoped. I even am selling Buda (instead of Dey, my original idea) so I can save a little in the wage dept.
If you want any of my guys, let me know
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 11-13-2003, 12:16 AM   #26
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Quote:
If you want any of my guys, let me know

Yeah, I heard that you had an excellent striker . . . . I think his name was Orkola or something of the sort . . .

If you take a look at my transactions all that Morgansson does for me is make Dehlbratt younger. Dehlbratt was going to be 35 and Morgansson is 31 after the age update. It turns out that 4 years is equivalent to $150,000 . . .

No need for me to post my cup match this week. I trounced bot team 7-0.

Last edited by Raven Hawk : 11-13-2003 at 12:18 AM.
Raven Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 07:52 AM   #27
lytic
College Benchwarmer

I now *need* Orkola... I sold my other excellent striker in hopes that Orkola finally gets his head out of his ass and gets some form. Sven was getting up in age and Orkola is still young.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 11-15-2003, 07:47 PM   #28
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Maryland Conquerors - SouthPark Cows 1 - 5

Date: 11/13/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 12926861
Arena: Maryland Emporium
Crowd: 4272

Due to an all-day shower, 4272 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at Maryland Emporium. Conquerors started off with a 4-4-2 lineup. Lineup: Kelley - Agustin, Huddleston, Person, Hamilton - Krueger, Yi, Price, Driver - Selby, Zuviría.

SouthPark had chosen a strategic 5-4-1 formation. They fielded: Moore - Davis, An, Garagnani, Fredriksson, Tewari - Crain, Millard, Danhof, Bernbratt - Dey.

SouthPark seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. What ever got into Steve Crain, the crowd mumbled, as he suddenly struck a cross pass through the own defense - ending up right in front of Conquerors´s Tory Krueger, who easily put the ball away for 1-0. Some brilliant football from the visitors right wing resulted in a 17:th minute levelling of scores as SouthParks Steve Crain equalised to 1 - 1. Always quick and a menace to his opponents,Mats Bernbratt was in the 30:th minute very close to getting through, but Roberto Agustin managed to avert the attack. SouthPark´s Robert Dey shot the 1-2 goal in the 37:th minute, made possible by a deep pass from Steve Crain which cut through the entire defensive line. SouthPark seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. 1 - 2 was the half-time score. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by SouthPark, with an impressive 85 percent possession of the ball.

The SouthPark players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization. After 48 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Kenneth Millard who increased SouthPark´s lead to 1 - 3. By now SouthPark were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. The visitors Steve Crain took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and full backs in the 52nd minute. 1 - 4 for SouthPark. Marcel Yi was uncomfortable with the soggy pitch as he couldn´t move the ball around with his usual grace. Dong-Sung An came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over Wesley Kelley, hitting the bar. In the games 82nd minute Conquerors´s Stanton Price fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Stanton Price for taking a dive. SouthPark seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. SouthPark increased the lead to 1 - 5 as Aijaz Tewari scored from the penalty spot, putting the ball in near the top left corner. Conquerors made a substitution in the 86:th minute. Neal Person limped off the field and was replaced by David Guanes. 88 minutes into the game Steve Crain had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Steven Mcnutt. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by SouthPark, with an impressive 94 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Conquerors player was without a doubt Ignacio Zuviría. Marcel Yi on the other hand, had a terrible day. SouthPark´s best player was Preston Davis. Alessandro Garagnani on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 1 - 5.

RATING

Maryland Conquerors
Midfield: disastrous
Right Side Defence: passable
Central Defence: passable
Left Side Defence: inadequate
Right Side Attack: poor
Central Attack: weak
Left Side Attack: weak

SouthPark Cows
Midfield: inadequate
Right Side Defence: formidable
Left Side Defence: excellent
Right Side Attack: poor

Stats:
Best game ever - Defence

1. Fockers - SouthPark Cows 10/27/2003 100%
2. SouthPark Cows - EVillIVE 10/6/2003 88%
3. Alaska Huns - SouthPark Cows 7/24/2003 82%
4. SouthPark Cows - The Mad Huligans 6/23/2003 78%
5. SouthPark Cows - Echidna 7/14/2003 77%
6. SouthPark Cows - flaming bees 4/14/2003 74%
7. Maryland Conquerors - SouthPark Cows 11/13/2003 70%

Comments:
ummm... they took an early 1 - 0 lead off an unpredictable event. I obviously came back to win it... This week I face a real team in the cup. Can the Cows make it past round 2?
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 11-15-2003, 07:57 PM   #29
lytic
College Benchwarmer

My predictions... and I guess that is it.

By: lytic
To: Everyone 625169.23 as reply to 625169.20
11/14/2003 at 06:29
Real tough this year (like last year)...

1. Mad Huligans
Taking another look at this team, they are the most improved (again).

2. Arsenal A.C.
Strong defense... but defense isn't everything. (I know first hand)

3. Mountaineer Soccer
All around tough team... much improved from a season in Div V.

4. Gargoyles
Always a step above...

5. SouthPark Cows
I like 5th.

6. Fockers
They like 5th too.

7. greg's guys
Smart offseason moves, could move up... but I had to put someone in auto-demote.

8. EvillivE
I had them #1 last season... they don't seem to be building as fast as they once were. Who knows? I never underestimate this team.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 11-15-2003, 08:02 PM   #30
lytic
College Benchwarmer

week 1

By: gskwaterboy
To: Everyone 652051.1
11/14/2003 at 02:10
Well, I guess I'll thorw mine out there, and since every team has made off-season moves, they probably wont be that close. Maybe after I learn more about the teams I'll give reasons for my predictions. My first match in D.4 won't be pretty

Aresnal A.C.- Mad Huligans 3-1

Evilive- Gargoyles 2-2

Fockers- South Park Cows 1-0

Greg's Guys- Mountaineer Soccer Club 0-3

Reply to this

By: jamba
To: gskwaterboy 652051.2 as reply to 652051.1
11/14/2003 at 02:22
Way to step up and post predictions!

I look forward to a bit more commentary as you settle in

Good luck to all, and especially to teams that post.

Reply to this

By: lytic
To: Everyone 652051.3 as reply to 652051.1
11/14/2003 at 06:32
Aresnal A.C.- Mad Huligans 0-1
Hulis offense is a lot better than it was last year.

Evilive- Gargoyles 1-3
3-4-3 or 3-5-2 from the evil gargs? I'll guess 3-5-2...

Fockers- South Park Cows 0-0
My offense isn't what it was and I don't have my "special player" yet. The Focks could actually win this one because of it.

Greg's Guys- Mountaineer Soccer Club 2-1
I'm calling for an upset. IV.19 usually has a few of them.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Proud Owner of the SouthPark Cows
Manager of U20 South Korea!

Reply to this Edit Delete

By: Drunson
To: lytic 652051.4 as reply to 652051.3
11/14/2003 at 08:16
There are no upsets, there are only ties. . .

Reply to this

By: WVU2008
To: lytic 652051.5 as reply to 652051.3
11/14/2003 at 16:21
Arsenal A.C.- The Mad Huligans- Huligans all the way in this one 2-0

Evillive- Gargoyles- close game but i give the nod to Evillive 2-1

South Park Cows- Fockers- "The Cow Wall" let one in on a bot team so I gotta go against them. Fockers 1-0

Mountaineer Soccer Club- Greg's Guys- two offensive juggarnauts 4-2 Mountaineer Soccer Club

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WVU2008
Season 20 Champion of V.87
Season 21 Returns to IV.19
U.S. Traning Federation- Training Keeper
Lota-Member USA

Reply to this

By: ravenhawk
To: WVU2008 652051.6 as reply to 652051.5
11/14/2003 at 23:03
As it is . . . as it was. I will not be making any predictions this week. The reasoning is that I am very supersticious. Everytime I made a prediction last year, I lost. Therefore, I will continue with my well wishes for week 1, but no predictions.

And lytic, how do you know I'm not going to go with the 4-3-3?

---------------------------------
Raven Hawk, Fearful Leader of The Evil Gargoyles (70991)
Zyzzerz and Fockers and Cows . . . OH MY!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 11-16-2003, 11:03 PM   #31
Raven Hawk
College Starter

EVillIVE - Gargoyles 0 - 2

Date: 11/17/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 11026901
Arena: Deadly Grave
Crowd: 50690

A brilliantly sunny day had enticed a crowd of 50690 to Deadly Grave. EVillIVE tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. Lineup: Robertsson - Kole, Norander, Rennemo , Spørring - Richardsson, van der Molen, Chestnut, Bãdoiu - Roeterdink, Ivarsson.

Gargoyles had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Kullenhult - Blackburn, Morgansson, Olesen - Ekmo, Öbratt, Slyngen, Michelsson - Jackson, Manee, Ball.

Gargoyles had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Bo Robertsson saved Phakphoom Manee´s shot headed for the top corner. EVillIVE made a substitution in the 10:th minute. Eigil Rennemo limped off the field and was replaced by Christian Andreasson. EVillIVE made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Felix Ivarsson completely alone with keeper Torbjörn Kullenhult, who made a spectacular block. Some quick foot work on the left side of the field in the 18:th minute left Gargoyles´s Phakphoom Manee completely free to score. 0 - 1 for the visitors. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. EVillIVE held the ball, with a clear 54 percent possession rate.

Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 48:th minute Gargoyles goal, making it 0 - 2. Jami Michelsson was noted down as the scorer. The referee showed Gargoyless Bryce Jackson the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Gargoyles´s Phakphoom Manee got himself booked. 69 minutes into the game Bo Robertsson had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Göran Forshult. EVillIVE held the ball, with a clear 53 percent possession rate.

The most dominating EVillIVE player was without a doubt Joseph Chestnut. Christian Andreasson on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Gargoyles player was Bryce Jackson. However, Torben Olesen made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 0 - 2.

-------------------------

The Evil Gargs get their first victory of the season and begin the landslide for Evillive. I was fairly uncertain about this game because my form is in the dumper. Luckily for me, Evil decided to go with the 4-4-2 this week. My ratings were OK: a 71 NSI. However, as I stated earlier, I need to get my form up so that I can put up regular 75+ if I want compete in this series this year. I'm just hoping to survive the first half of the season this year, until I have a forward or two pop and I can strengthen my midfield.

Next week pits the Gargs against the Cows in the newly renovated Concrete Jungle. The Gargs face the prospect of the Cows spending money after a failed experiment with CA. Or perhaps, the Cows will continue to experiment . . .

Either way, the Gargs are looking for one win in the next two weeks. Gargs face Fockers away the following week.

Last edited by Raven Hawk : 11-16-2003 at 11:49 PM.
Raven Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 12:45 AM   #32
lytic
College Benchwarmer

it wasn't an experiement... it was an OH SHIT CRAIN IS HURT AND I SOLD BUDA!

I would have 3-5-2ed this week.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 11-17-2003, 12:50 AM   #33
lytic
College Benchwarmer

SouthPark Cows - Fockers 1 - 3

Date: 11/17/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 11026905
Arena: Starks Pond
Crowd: 31862

Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 31862 to Starks Pond. SouthPark started off with a 5-3-2 lineup. They fielded: Moore - Davis, An, Garagnani, Fredriksson, Tewari - Mcnutt, Millard, Danhof - Dey, Orkola.

Fockers tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Paulusz - Läfvengård, Gnaegi, Oerlemans - Snashall, Leone, Lindhell, Müller, Kaplan - Bulygin, Schreuder.

SouthPark clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could, using their brilliant talent for it. SouthParks counterattacks were lethal to the opposing defense, allowing Kenneth Millard to score easily from the right flank for 1 - 0. Preston Davis almost managed to score another goal for SouthPark, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. The visitors Laurence Gnaegi came close to levelling the score in the 24th minute with a free kick going just wide of the left top corner. Visitors Danny Schreuder was alert on a play coming in from the left, making the score a tie at 1 - 1 in the 28:th minute. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. Fockers held the ball, with a clear 68 percent possession rate.

After 62 minutes Fockerss Laurence Gnaegi made his way through the middle, putting the visitors up 1 - 2. The away team´s Hans Herbert Müller took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 63rd minute increasing Fockers´s lead to 1 - 3. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Fockers´s Roberto Leone got himself booked. Fockers held the ball, with a clear 72 percent possession rate.

SouthPark´s best player was Preston Davis. However, Alessandro Garagnani made a disastrous appearance. Fockers´s best player was Elias Läfvengård. However, Roberto Leone made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 1 - 3.

SOLD SEATS

Terraces: 19706
Basic seats: 8393
Seats under roof: 3005
VIP seats: 758

SouthPark Cows
Right Side Defence: magnificent
Left Side Defence: formidable
Right Side Attack: inadequate
Central Attack: outstanding

Fockers
Midfield: solid
Central Defence: brilliant
Left Side Defence: brilliant

Ratings:
Best game ever - Defence

1. Fockers - SouthPark Cows 10/27/2003 100%
2. SouthPark Cows - EVillIVE 10/6/2003 88%
3. Alaska Huns - SouthPark Cows 7/24/2003 82%
4. SouthPark Cows - The Mad Huligans 6/23/2003 78%
5. SouthPark Cows - Fockers 11/17/2003 77%

Comments:
Brilliant CA and only 1 op? His 2 2nd half goals were vs a magnificent defense with a passable attack.
I guess CA doesn't really mean shit after all... I shouldn't have sold Buda and stuck with what I had last season. Here comes demotion!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 11-17-2003, 09:50 AM   #34
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Quote:
it wasn't an experiement... it was an OH SHIT CRAIN IS HURT AND I SOLD BUDA!

I would have 3-5-2ed this week.

That makes more sense. I was wondering why you played the 5-3-2, I would have expected at least a 5-4-1 if not a 4-5-1 . . .

Well, I wouldn't get down yet. There is a lot of season left.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:15 PM   #35
lytic
College Benchwarmer

noooooooooooooo... I've been outbid!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 11-17-2003, 11:36 PM   #36
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

lol outbid of ALL your 5.5mil? OWIE
Old 11-18-2003, 06:35 AM   #37
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Try $7.2mil... He went for $7.3!
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 11-20-2003, 05:10 PM   #38
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Gargoyles win easy over a walkover team in their cup match 6-0. Now on to SPC, at home . . .

In Goliath Blue Uniforms.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:42 PM   #39
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Rumble in The Jungle
This weekend, the Gargoyles, will face off against perennial foe, the SouthPark Cows. Gargoyles' Equipment Manager, Moshe Vest, has gone to the vaults to extract the Goliath Blue uniforms from storage.

In addition to the game, the Gargoyle punters will enjoy many of the lush entertainments offered by the refurbishment of The Concrete Jungle. More than just a face-lift, the new stadium now seats 62,340 and finally has a proportionate number of urinals to beer vendors. Visiting teams are relieved as they would oft find Gargoyle punters using their lockers as make-shift urinals. Security has also been stepped up. The Gargs have hired former defenseman, Wilfred Beaver, to stand outside the visiting side's locker-room to divert bathroom traffic to the appropriate areas. There will, no doubt, be Gargoyle fanatics who will insist on continuing the "Yellowing" tradition. It is said that Beaver's security skills are inadequate at best. He has gotten older since he left the team in season 18, thus his defense skills have probably declined further. You may see a fanatic or two try to take advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and full backs, to continue the tradition.

Yet, the skeptical Chicago press, is wary of the Gargoyles' chances this week. It appears as though the Gargoyles have finally adopted the 3-forward sets as opposed to the dominating midfield of the 3-5-2. With the brilliant counter attack, that the Cows have implemented, the Gargs could be in some trouble.

Coach Dessaux, taking cues from Chicago Bears' Head Coach, Dick Jauron, has commented, "We need to stack victories in this business. We like our guys and we think that they can get the job done."

Regardless of outcome, this should be a game worth watching as the rivals suit up against each other for the 7th time in their history. The Gargoyles own the head to head matchups, having won six, lost none, and tied none. Will history repeat itself, or will this be The Year of the Cow?
Old 11-23-2003, 08:01 PM   #40
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Gargoyles - SouthPark Cows 4 - 1

Date: 11/24/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 11026922
Arena: The Concrete Jungle
Crowd: 49469

At The Concrete Jungle, 49469 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Gargoyles started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Kullenhult - Langeland, Morgansson, Blackburn - El-Nabil, Öbratt, Slyngen, Ekmo - Jackson, Manee, Pascoal.

SouthPark tactics involved an interesting 5-3-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Black - Davis, An, Garagnani, Fredriksson, Tewari - Mcnutt, Millard, Danhof - Dey, Orkola.

Gargoyles immediately set off pressing their opponents. SouthPark clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could, using their brilliant talent for it. At this time in the match, Gargoyles were using their weak skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents. In the 10:th minute cheers broke out as Albert A. Morgansson found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 1 - 0 goal in for Gargoyles. In the games 17:th minute SouthPark´s Per Fredriksson fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Per Fredriksson for taking a dive. Seemingly due to lack of experience, Per Fredriksson needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Gargoyles´s Bryce Jackson putting the lead up to 2 - 0. A questionable free kick call just outside of the home side´s penalty zone gave SouthPark a chance at reducing the score in the 32nd minute. At any rate, the ball went wide. SouthParks counterattacks were lethal to the opposing defense, allowing Alessandro Garagnani to score easily from the right flank for 2 - 1. In the games 41st minute Gargoyles´s Bryce Jackson fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Bryce Jackson for taking a dive. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 1. Gargoyles held the ball, with a clear 62 percent possession rate.

A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Gargoyles lead up with 3 - 1. Albert A. Morgansson finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. A long pass from the defense line of SouthPark resulted in a counterattack that set Robert Dey free, but the keeper made a spectacular diving save. In the 71st minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Mattias Öbratt dashed through, knocking home 4 - 1 for Gargoyles. By now Gargoyles were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. SouthPark managed a counterattack 82 minutes into the game, but Kenneth Millard took a soft shot from the left flank that was easy prey for the alert keeper. The referee showed SouthParks Yuri Danhof the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Gargoyles held the ball, with a clear 67 percent possession rate.

Gargoyles´s best player was Torbjörn Kullenhult. However, Even Langeland made a disastrous appearance. SouthPark´s best player was Preston Davis. Alessandro Garagnani on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 1.

-------------------------

Is Pressing the anti-CA? Hmmmm . . .

Lytic, something tells me that you need to spend that money of yours. You were 1 for 3 on your counter attacks. I'll bet that if you put a good keeper in net, the CA will start working well. If you think about it, if you had a keeper stop 3 of my 4 goals, you would have won 2-1 . . .

I can't wait to see the havoc it causes when you unleash the CA with a good keeper.

Anyhow, good luck with your move. I hope that it goes well.
Old 11-30-2003, 08:08 PM   #41
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Fockers - Gargoyles 1 - 2

Arena: Fockers Arena
Crowd: 16459

Due to an all-day shower, 16459 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at Fockers Arena. Fockers started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Paulusz - Läfvengård, Gnaegi, Oerlemans - Snashall, Leone, Lindhell, Müller, Wolfe - Bulygin, Schreuder.

Gargoyles started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Kullenhult - Langeland, Morgansson, Blackburn - Ekmo, Öbratt, Slyngen, El-Nabil - Jackson, Manee, Ball.

Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of Gargoyles, and they seem inadequate at it. A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Gargoyles´s Phakphoom Manee was able to shove the ball in. 0-1. 31 minutes into the game Danny Schreuder was really close to evening the score out with a dangerous long range shot, but the ball went just wide of the bar. Gargoyles showed their counterattack skill in the 34:th minute, with Mattias Öbratt scoring uncontested for 0 - 2. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 2. Fockers held the ball, with a clear 68 percent possession rate.

In the 53rd minute Per Lindhell passed through the guests central line of defense, scoring the 1 - 2 goal. Fockerss Roberto Leone got himself booked after a foul. Gargoyles were forced to a substitution as Eigil Slyngen couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment. Roberto Leone was just a finger´s breadth away from an equaliser for Fockers, but Torbjörn Kullenhult managed to ward the closing shot off for a corner. Elias Läfvengård received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 75:th minute and almost caused an opponent to score. Yefim Bulygin made a superb strike at the goal in the 81st minute with a long shot coming in from straight in front of the goal, but one of the visitors defenders got a foot in and warded it off to a corner. The referee showed Gargoyless Bryce Jackson the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Hans Herbert Müller went down after a savage challenge, but could keep on playing after some medical attention. Fockers held the ball, with a clear 72 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Fockers player was without a doubt Elias Läfvengård. Roberto Leone was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Gargoyles player was without a doubt Torbjörn Kullenhult. Daniel Newsom on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 1 - 2.

Fockers
Midfield: outstanding
Left Side Defence: magnificent

Gargoyles
Midfield: inadequate
Right Side Defence: formidable
Central Defence: outstanding
Left Side Defence: brilliant
Right Side Attack: brilliant
Central Attack: outstanding
Left Side Attack: formidable
Old 12-04-2003, 08:58 AM   #42
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Just because I'm gone, doesn't mean you guys can slack here.
My Pro Soccer Story
Old 12-04-2003, 01:38 PM   #43
Raven Hawk
College Starter

My apologies.
Old 12-04-2003, 02:45 PM   #44
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

I blame Raven Hawk.. he threadened me!! Told me he knew where Vance Hull lived. What an evil man!
Old 12-04-2003, 02:46 PM   #45
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

Oh yeah.. I meant to ask if we wanted to invite anyone else here? Thoughts?
Old 12-04-2003, 03:23 PM   #46
Raven Hawk
College Starter

I blame Vance Hull.
Old 12-04-2003, 03:28 PM   #47
Raven Hawk
College Starter

As far as asking others over to the forum. I think that the Hulligans deserve an invite. They are pretty active on the forum and have earned their IV.19 stripes.

Even though Evil has earned his stripes, I wouldn't invite him.

I wouldn't want to invite the Cougars . . . ermm . . . Mountaineers, solely because they are the enemy right now. They are definitly the team to beat in IV.19.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:45 PM   #48
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

do we wanna invite anyone else here?
Old 12-04-2003, 05:48 PM   #49
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

lol damnit.. it didn't show me my other post until i posted again.. rofl.. ignore me asking AGAIN..

aight hulis is fine.. he's my so called "rival" as you two seem to be rivals as well. =)

and Vance is a very nice person.. he doesn't "attack" anyone ever! Leave him alone and stop calling him!
Old 12-04-2003, 10:03 PM   #50
Raven Hawk
College Starter

I'll stop calling Vance as soon as he stops calling my girlfriend. Also, I don't know about that never "attacking" anyone propaganda. I once saw him slap Dean Houston.