Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2023, 09:27 AM   #7301
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Droves Jerry, droves!

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 09:38 AM   #7302
cuervo72
Head Coach

I think someone mentioned in the COVID thread Idaho being "under the radar" crazy; guess radar starting to pick it up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/relig...taylor-greene/
Old 02-24-2023, 09:58 AM   #7303
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Since the base is always growing, hard to maintain the same rate. Do you the data in raw increases per year?

I do not. It is worth mentioning that the title of the article I pulled that graph from was "Florida fastest growing state for first time since 1957" so it is performing well relative to all the other states, right now, but it is definitely not experiencing historic growth rates, aside from historic lows. Finally, that article also mentioned that the previous fastest growing state was Idaho, which may speak to its value as an indicator.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 02-24-2023 at 10:07 AM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 10:13 AM   #7304
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
What evidence do you have that people are moving to Florida because of DeSantis instead of, say, cheaper housing prices and no state income tax?

Hardly sounds draconian. Sounds pretty good, actually. The only evidence I have is that people don’t flock to draconian systems. Which is what opponents are accusing Florida under DeSantis as being.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 10:42 AM   #7305
Flasch186
Coordinator

I don’t understand how you guys are debating the intentions of the people who authored the law or looking at their past motivations to try and draw conclusions. As we learned in the Don’t Say Gay thread, that is not allowed and all that should be thought of is the language in the law itself and not how it affects the people because the people will just go to court to fight it and fix it. Shang ri E.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 11:01 AM   #7306
cuervo72
Head Coach

So, what's the sales pitch from FL then to my non-binary, non-churchgoing child and their mixed-race girlfriend, both in their early 20s, who are just starting out? Why should Florida seem inviting to them?
Old 02-24-2023, 11:04 AM   #7307
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

You have to be blind to not see his only goal is to create a generation of uneducated GOP voters who will be easily manipulated and work for cheap.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 11:14 AM   #7308
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What evidence do you have that people are moving to Florida because of DeSantis instead of, say, cheaper housing prices and no state income tax?

Purely anecdotal of course but he (or really his policy focuses) are a primary reason that I may skip any intermediate relocation in Georgia and head straight to Florida when I finally get to move.

While it had some distance to make up, it's certainly the leader among "states headed in the right direction" afaic. Something I sure as hell can't say about the one I'm in.
Old 02-24-2023, 11:18 AM   #7309
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
So, what's the sales pitch from FL then to my non-binary, non-churchgoing child and their mixed-race girlfriend, both in their early 20s, who are just starting out? Why should Florida seem inviting to them?

They don't want them here

Then they don't want them in the SE

Then they don't want them in the USA

unless of course...

They fall in line. Then we'll have them here in the Sunshine State.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 02-24-2023, 11:22 AM   #7310
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I don't believe there is/would be a sales pitch based on your description.

(I'm unsure if I've maybe missed something in the thread & they already moved there or are there, so I'm not entirely sure whether my comment is in the proper context or not. If not, ignore it I guess)
Old 02-24-2023, 11:29 AM   #7311
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
I think someone mentioned in the COVID thread Idaho being "under the radar" crazy; guess radar starting to pick it up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/relig...taylor-greene/

There's a strong belief by many in Eastern Washington/Oregon and Idaho that a holy war is coming. We've seen horror stories of groups overtaking small towns or even small counties with their extremist views by stacking city councils, ect. Their goal in Idaho had been to do it at the state level and then claim those parts of Washington and Oregon as theirs while they prepare for the war they believe is coming.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 11:47 AM   #7312
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I don't believe there is/would be a sales pitch based on your description.

(I'm unsure if I've maybe missed something in the thread & they already moved there or are there, so I'm not entirely sure whether my comment is in the proper context or not. If not, ignore it I guess)

GF completed her BS (biochem), both were thinking of moving out (because that's what young people ideally want to do) and were contemplating where to go to a) apply for jobs, or b) continue (or in the case of mine, resume) their education. So money is a factor (cost of living, job market), but so is if the place might be hostile, if not downright dangerous (a calculation many make, just with different variables).

At the end of the day they decided to stay put for now and apply for jobs here (or for mine just stay with current employer, maybe with more hours), and lucked into accommodations (while the area is growing, new construction can't keep up with demand and what's being built is marketed as "high end" whatever. Even a batch of new townhouses popping up in the former farmer's field adjacent to us are for rent only. Idea of paying out the nose while not building equity isn't something that thrills them.)
Old 02-24-2023, 11:47 AM   #7313
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Especially if they have a dog that they like taking for a ride in the car.

Florida Dem drops proposal to ban dogs from sticking their heads out the car window
Old 02-24-2023, 11:51 AM   #7314
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:

Cheaper housing (although that is changing rapidly with the influx of NY/PHI/DC/CHI money). No state income taxes. Great weather. Sometimes good football, great hockey, cheap baseball, the arts, Key West, Miami, Tampa, Orlando. Lots of enclaves full of 20-somethings, lots to do.
Old 02-24-2023, 12:00 PM   #7315
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

You confuse me, Dutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
DeSantis is wildly popular (relatively speaking for governors in swing states). There is absolutely the possibility he goes too far. But so far, people are voting with their feet and moving to Florida in droves. It’s likely hard for people to understand unless you grew up in the DC area in the 80’s and 90’s and saw the incredible growth happening there.

Quote:

Quote:
Hardly sounds draconian. Sounds pretty good, actually. The only evidence I have is that people don’t flock to draconian systems. Which is what opponents are accusing Florida under DeSantis as being.

Quote:
Cheaper housing (although that is changing rapidly with the influx of NY/PHI/DC/CHI money). No state income taxes. Great weather. Sometimes good football, great hockey, cheap baseball, the arts, Key West, Miami, Tampa, Orlando. Lots of enclaves full of 20-somethings, lots to do.

FWIW, I never said draconian. Glad we got that sorted out, though. People are moving to FL for Quality of Life and Cost of Living reasons more generally than they are for DeSantis' draconian/non-draconian policy implementations.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 12:03 PM   #7316
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Purely anecdotal of course but he (or really his policy focuses) are a primary reason that I may skip any intermediate relocation in Georgia and head straight to Florida when I finally get to move.

Yeah, but Dutch said "droves". Are droves of people who think like you are moving to FL? What's a "drove", anyway.

Quote:
While it had some distance to make up, it's certainly the leader among "states headed in the right direction" afaic. Something I sure as hell can't say about the one I'm in.

Given climate change, it's headed to the bottom of the ocean so I guess that's something we can both agree upon. Maybe we can have an argument about whether my blue state taxes should pay for Florida's imminent flooding mitigation efforts.
Old 02-24-2023, 01:35 PM   #7317
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Yeah, but Dutch said "droves". Are droves of people who think like you are moving to FL? What's a "drove", anyway.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to confuse anybody or show my age by saying people were moving here in droves.

Statistically, to say what I think most everybody knows, Florida and Texas overall easily outpace the field as the top two states for domestic immigration while NY and California easily outpace the field for domestic emigration.

My area, Tampa Bay market, is #1 nationally and #8 for young adults (25-34).

Quote:
Given climate change, it's headed to the bottom of the ocean so I guess that's something we can both agree upon. Maybe we can have an argument about whether my blue state taxes should pay for Florida's imminent flooding mitigation efforts.

If it makes you feel better, our flood insurance taxes are going up every year to off-set national disaster money. Im not sure how much it costs national tax payers, but we all know it’s part of the deal and mostly everyone is all for reducing the amount of taxes any state has to pay for Floridians to live by the water (to be fair, we can’t help it, we’re geographically surrounded!) But we are progressing along those lines.

As for climate change, if a tortoise can outrun the rising sea waters, I think the humans along the coast will be quick enough to survive the creeping doom of the salty red tides.

Last edited by Dutch : 02-24-2023 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-24-2023, 02:09 PM   #7318
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
You have to be blind to not see his only goal is to create a generation of uneducated GOP voters who will be easily manipulated and work for cheap.

Less competition in the workforce I guess. Although I guess my state will have fork over more money to cover their welfare checks.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 02:18 PM   #7319
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Srsly? How does anyone not know that word? Cambridge dictionary does the best definition for our purposes a large group, especially of people, moving toward a place or doing something together as a group. It's synonymous with "(a) herd", though the usage is more people-specific. Origin seem to be 12th century Old English "draf" meaning herd.

Behaviorally I think it's more common that people who think like me are looking to Florida over the past couple of years with a combination of admiration & awe, with no small measure of jealousy. But not everyone I know like me is moving yet, though I do know several who have made that very move, each commenting after the fact how nice it was to see some semblance of sane leadership for a change.
Old 02-24-2023, 02:20 PM   #7320
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

you mean the Ayn Rand fever dream?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 02:23 PM   #7321
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
There's a strong belief by many in Eastern Washington/Oregon and Idaho that a holy war is coming. We've seen horror stories of groups overtaking small towns or even small counties with their extremist views by stacking city councils, ect. Their goal in Idaho had been to do it at the state level and then claim those parts of Washington and Oregon as theirs while they prepare for the war they believe is coming.

The beliefs of these groups are straight out of White Supremacist dreams and prognostications. It started as the coming race war, and it's sort of morphed along the way to whatever fit the situation. Either way, it's all just steeped in white supremacy.

Like Steam?

Old 02-24-2023, 02:56 PM   #7322
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Plus a governor who wants to legislate you from existence and a not insignificant percentage of the population that thinks your goal is to force their kid to have public bathroom sex or force them into gender reassignment surgery.

But the Lightening!
Old 02-24-2023, 03:30 PM   #7323
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I went to a Lightning game in December and it WAS a pretty fun experience. For a visitor, anyway.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 04:15 PM   #7324
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Plus a governor who wants to legislate you from existence and a not insignificant percentage of the population that thinks your goal is to force their kid to have public bathroom sex or force them into gender reassignment surgery.

But the Lightening!

Lightning aren’t as good as they were but still a fun team to watch. Like I said, the immigration numbers should clue you in that reality is much better than the grizzly tales you’re reading about online.
Old 02-24-2023, 04:25 PM   #7325
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Hockey games is fun to attend, but I find it unwatchable on TV. Not what we are talking about, but anyway.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 04:27 PM   #7326
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Hockey games is fun to attend, but I find it unwatchable on TV. Not what we are talking about, but anyway.

I wouldn't go that far but it probably does suffer more from that issue than any major sport.
Old 02-24-2023, 04:30 PM   #7327
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

But the Lightening!

Make sure you fill out the form telling the state when your underage daughter is menstruating.
Old 02-24-2023, 04:35 PM   #7328
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Make sure you fill out the form telling the state when your underage daughter is menstruating.

That's the super secret question to catch all the trannies playing in women's sports.

Like Steam?

Old 02-24-2023, 04:53 PM   #7329
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Srsly? How does anyone not know that word? Cambridge dictionary does the best definition for our purposes a large group, especially of people, moving toward a place or doing something together as a group. It's synonymous with "(a) herd", though the usage is more people-specific. Origin seem to be 12th century Old English "draf" meaning herd.

Stop with the Western literary traditions, but thank you, it closes a loop for some.

Quote:
Behaviorally I think it's more common that people who think like me are looking to Florida over the past couple of years with a combination of admiration & awe, with no small measure of jealousy. But not everyone I know like me is moving yet, though I do know several who have made that very move, each commenting after the fact how nice it was to see some semblance of sane leadership for a change.

Come on down! The waters warm! Though rising and sometimes uninhabitable… lol.
Old 02-24-2023, 05:17 PM   #7330
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Sorry, I didn’t mean to confuse anybody or show my age by saying people were moving here in droves.

Well, I mean, too late....

Quote:
Statistically, to say what I think most everybody knows, Florida and Texas overall easily outpace the field as the top two states for domestic immigration while NY and California easily outpace the field for domestic emigration.

CA, IL, & NY are dominated by large urban areas in which it is expensive to live, while both FL & TX are cheaper and both, especially TX, build a lot of sprawl, which helps with costs, if you like that kind of thing.

I looked this up, however, and it's been this way for a while. I wonder how much of it, too, is driven by snowbirds & boomers retiring.

Anyway, I still see no evidence that people are moving "in droves" to TX or FL because of the culture war policies of Abbott or DeSantis (except Jon, of course).

Quote:
If it makes you feel better, our flood insurance taxes are going up every year to off-set national disaster money.

I was kidding. I'll get truly wound up about how Florida spends my money once I'm doing being wound up about how Democratic-dominated Cook County, IL, wastes my money.

Quote:
As for climate change, if a tortoise can outrun the rising sea waters, I think the humans along the coast will be quick enough to survive the creeping doom of the salty red tides.

I got $20 on the tortoise vs. the retiree in their unmaintained wheelchair.

Quote:

I know what the words means, Jon. I was asking to what numerical order of magnitude Dutch was ascribing it.

Quote:

Does beg the question what happens when people like you are sequestered into states like FL, TX, OK, ID, etc... and people like me are sequestered into states like CA, IL, TX, MA, etc.... I mean, more so than in the past.
Old 02-24-2023, 05:21 PM   #7331
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

As someone with a Masters in History, meaning I had to actually be all academic about it, the furore over CRT is hilarious. Like, literally the first thing you learn when you start working with primary souces is that they all have bias.

To take a very simple and also non-racial example, when I was doing my research and reading chroniclers of the Hundred Years' War, it was important to understand how some of them were going to, for various reasons, overestimate the size of the English armies, and others would, for various other reasons, overestimate the size of the French armies.

Bias is rife in history. Heck, it's rife now. Why wouldn't you want to teach children tools for how to discern bias in any source, current or historical, with which they are presented?

That was a rhetorical question, by the way.
Old 02-24-2023, 05:41 PM   #7332
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
As someone with a Masters in History, meaning I had to actually be all academic about it, the furore over CRT is hilarious. Like, literally the first thing you learn when you start working with primary souces is that they all have bias.

To take a very simple and also non-racial example, when I was doing my research and reading chroniclers of the Hundred Years' War, it was important to understand how some of them were going to, for various reasons, overestimate the size of the English armies, and others would, for various other reasons, overestimate the size of the French armies.

Bias is rife in history. Heck, it's rife now. Why wouldn't you want to teach children tools for how to discern bias in any source, current or historical, with which they are presented?

That was a rhetorical question, by the way.

That’s fair. Bias does come with a weighted scale. For example, not a lot of people foaming at the mouth when some one incorrectly assumed the French had exactly 37 bronze cannon instead of ~10-37 bronze cannon at battlefield X. All respect to history teachers/enthusiasts who may have gotten heated over a scenario like that, of course.
Old 02-24-2023, 06:47 PM   #7333
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Yeah, but there again, we should be teaching kids how to look at sources objectively, without emotion. As you note, easy to do with events 700 years in the past, which is a good enough reason to work up to issues of bias where there really will be contention.
Old 02-24-2023, 06:55 PM   #7334
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I know what the words means, Jon.

That was legitimately unclear to me.

(hence me wondering how it was even possible)
Old 02-24-2023, 07:23 PM   #7335
Edward64
Head Coach

I assume the FL coastal cities are going to be toast within 50-100 years but my hopes for Orlando and a nice condo close by the theme parks (nightly fireworks show) will be safe from the rising waters.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 07:41 PM   #7336
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Orlando's 82' above sea level. You should be OK. Your grandkids, probably not.
Old 02-24-2023, 09:23 PM   #7337
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Less competition in the workforce I guess. Although I guess my state will have fork over more money to cover their welfare checks.

There's always the other option: "'If they would rather die, they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 04:56 AM   #7338
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Orlando's 82' above sea level. You should be OK. Your grandkids, probably not.

That’s the exact same thing I say to fans at Raymond James Stadium yelling, “Go Steelers!!!”. (Minus the part about a watery death, of course.)
Old 02-25-2023, 10:49 AM   #7339
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The party that wanted to cancel M and Ms because they weren't fuckable anymore is angry because Scott Adams is now being canceled for literally saying move as far away from black people as you can.

What a world.
Old 02-25-2023, 09:58 PM   #7340
RainMaker
General Manager

Unclear if she had the abortion outside the state of Arkansas since it is illegal in that state. But goes to show the ruling was really about preventing others from getting abortions, not themselves.

Old 02-26-2023, 12:02 AM   #7341
bronconick
College Starter

It's a miscarriage when rich white Christians do it. It's an abortion when anyone else does it.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 04:12 AM   #7342
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Unclear if she had the abortion outside the state of Arkansas since it is illegal in that state. But goes to show the ruling was really about preventing others from getting abortions, not themselves.

When you, as in YOU RM, use the same language that the far right uses to describe a standard procedure that has been around for decades, and is a vital part of women's health, you empower the right, and you normalize their mischaracterization of the term and the procedure.

I take great exception to your description. Yes, some states think a D&C is the same as an abortion and treat it as such. They are 100% wrong to do so. It puts women in harmful situations and it's far beyond cruel to the families. The stories of states that have restrictions on the D&C need to be vilified.

By defining it using their terms, you fuck us all. It's a D&C. It's a must have, non negotiable, part of prenatal care. The fact that we're even having to defend that in 2023 is fucking stupid. Please don't call it an abortion.

I've been through that exact situation twice, and each time was life altering. The D&C was necessary, it was sad, oh, so very sad. We cried a lot. Instead of calling it an abortion, and who did it, and why are they allowed to get away with it, let's focus on the fact that this is a very common medical procedure, that is vital, and what our world would look like without it, and point fingers at the dumb fucks who decided we didn't need it anymore.

Like Steam?

Old 02-26-2023, 07:16 AM   #7343
Flasch186
Coordinator

Isn't this what he did

"point fingers at the dumb fucks who decided we didn't need it anymore."

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 02-26-2023, 07:32 AM   #7344
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
The party that wanted to cancel M and Ms because they weren't fuckable anymore is angry because Scott Adams is now being canceled for literally saying move as far away from black people as you can.

What a world.

Adams looked at how much fame and money a “cancelled” person gets on the Right Wing grievance tour and realized he was a sucker working for a living.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 12:25 PM   #7345
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
When you, as in YOU RM, use the same language that the far right uses to describe a standard procedure that has been around for decades, and is a vital part of women's health, you empower the right, and you normalize their mischaracterization of the term and the procedure.

I take great exception to your description. Yes, some states think a D&C is the same as an abortion and treat it as such. They are 100% wrong to do so. It puts women in harmful situations and it's far beyond cruel to the families. The stories of states that have restrictions on the D&C need to be vilified.

By defining it using their terms, you fuck us all. It's a D&C. It's a must have, non negotiable, part of prenatal care. The fact that we're even having to defend that in 2023 is fucking stupid. Please don't call it an abortion.

I've been through that exact situation twice, and each time was life altering. The D&C was necessary, it was sad, oh, so very sad. We cried a lot. Instead of calling it an abortion, and who did it, and why are they allowed to get away with it, let's focus on the fact that this is a very common medical procedure, that is vital, and what our world would look like without it, and point fingers at the dumb fucks who decided we didn't need it anymore.

Same experience when my wife and I were younger.

Thanks for stating things so clearly. My wife struggled with the emotional consequences of the D&C for years - even in the case where there was clearly no heartbeat.

I'm sorry you and your wife also had to go through this.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 01:23 PM   #7346
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Isn't this what he did

"point fingers at the dumb fucks who decided we didn't need it anymore."

That's how a took it. It's a procedure the right is banning or trying to ban that falls under their definition of abortion.

I took RM pointing it out as their willingness to move the goalposts and change definitions based on who it applies to.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 01:33 PM   #7347
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
That's how a took it. It's a procedure the right is banning or trying to ban that falls under their definition of abortion.

I took RM pointing it out as their willingness to move the goalposts and change definitions based on who it applies to.

YEah. I took it as RM just using their own BS definition against them to illustrate the hypocrisy.

Unfortunately my wife and I went through it twice as well and it was horrible.
Old 02-26-2023, 04:59 PM   #7348
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

She had an abortion. The fetus was non-viable and she terminated the pregnancy. Not criticizing her or anyone else who has this procedure. Abortion is an incredibly broad term. A miscarriage is defined as a spontaneous abortion.

It's not me changing the definition, it's the right. They've tried to get you and others to believe that abortions are when a poor black woman uses it because they were lazy and slutty. Abortions are done all the time to protect the Mother. They are done when the fetus is not viable. They are done for all sorts of perfectly acceptable medical reasons.

Quote:

My issue is that procedures like this are banned in 13 states, including the one she lives in. She is allowed to get it because she is rich, white, and friends with the Governor. You or someone else would not be given that luxury. Read about similar cases in other states where patients have to travel over state lines or deliver dead fetuses (with the risk of complications) because of these laws.

And that's how abortion was treated pre-Roe. Illegal for the masses but allowed for the rich and connected. Just change the name of the procedure a little.

I am happy she was able to get this medical procedure. I feel bad she has to go through it. I think it is unfortunate that she believes that she should be able to make those decisions for herself but you and others should not.
Old 02-26-2023, 05:23 PM   #7349
Dutch
"Dutch"

Rainmaker is right. I just looked it up.

White - 100%
Black - 0%
Hispanic - 0%
Asian - 0%
Other - 0%

Rich - 100%
Poor - 0%

Knows governor - 100%
Doesn’t know Governor - 0%
Old 02-26-2023, 07:20 PM   #7350
RainMaker
General Manager

Same situation here. This lady had to travel 400 miles to Illinois.

Abortion ban causes complications for Arkansan family | thv11.com