Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2023, 09:21 PM   #7551
JPhillips
General Manager

Trump: Tiny D sucks and nobody should vote for him

DeSantis: I will do everything in my power to defend the great Donald J. Trump

I'm expecting it won't be long before DeSantis decides he has unfinished business in FL or needs to spend time with his young kids or something else that will explain away why he isn't running in 2024.
Old 03-30-2023, 09:30 PM   #7552
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Trump: Tiny D sucks and nobody should vote for him

DeSantis: I will do everything in my power to defend the great Donald J. Trump

I'm expecting it won't be long before DeSantis decides he has unfinished business in FL or needs to spend time with his young kids or something else that will explain away why he isn't running in 2024.

But just in case, he repealed the Florida law today that states he has to give up his current office to run for any other office-and he did it today because the media would be talking about Trump.
Old 03-30-2023, 10:18 PM   #7553
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
"34 counts of falsification of business records" according to some talking head on CNN, which I am reading third-hand fwiw.

He paid Cohen back in installments. My guess is each payment is it's own crime.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 10:46 PM   #7554
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Let the ketchup hit the walls... Let the ketchup hit the walls...
Let the ketchup hit the......WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 11:40 PM   #7555
PilotMan
Head Coach

trump has said that his indictment is "an attack on this country, the likes of which has never been seen before"

There you have it. trump being indicted is bigger than Pearl Harbor and 9/11. Bigger than the sinking of the Lusitania. Bigger than literally anything, ever in the history of the country.

Not that we're feeling hyperbolic or anything. It's REAL.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 05:34 AM   #7556
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
But just in case, he repealed the Florida law today that states he has to give up his current office to run for any other office-and he did it today because the media would be talking about Trump.

Do you have a cite for that?
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 06:33 AM   #7557
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

These MAGA idiots may have an actual argument for this case if they hadn't been chanting "lock her up" for 7 years.

Last edited by Lathum : 03-31-2023 at 06:33 AM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 06:48 AM   #7558
JPhillips
General Manager

Just stunning how many GOPers want to be rid of him but are still volunteering to dive onto the hand grenade to protect him.
Old 03-31-2023, 06:49 AM   #7559
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It's not stunning anymore, actually.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 06:52 AM   #7560
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I wonder how many would go back to the first impeachment and get rid of him when they had the chance?

I really is wild how he has destroyed the party. Go against him and lose your primary, go with him and lose the general. Other than through attrition I'm not sure how they get past that cycle.
Old 03-31-2023, 06:58 AM   #7561
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
It's not stunning anymore, actually.

YOU are stunning tho
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 07:01 AM   #7562
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The GOP establishment knows how to get rid of politicians it actually wants to get rid of. See, e.g., Madison Cawthorn.

They like Trump. They agree with Trump. They want Trump in charge. If they didn't, he'd be out of the picture by now.

They just keep leaking to the media that they don't like him in order to try and keep moderate voters in their camp.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 03-31-2023 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-31-2023, 07:23 AM   #7563
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We live in a world where a former president and the leading candidate of one of the two major parties is referencing a twitter poll from someone named Catturd. And people wonder why we are a laughing stock. Oh, and the thing about the Central Park Five! WTF. He is totally unhinged

Old 03-31-2023, 07:38 AM   #7564
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Lindsay Graham shamelessly shilling for trump literally begging people to send him money is something else.
Old 03-31-2023, 07:43 AM   #7565
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
The GOP establishment knows how to get rid of politicians it actually wants to get rid of. See, e.g., Madison Cawthorn.

They like Trump. They agree with Trump. They want Trump in charge. If they didn't, he'd be out of the picture by now.

They just keep leaking to the media that they don't like him in order to try and keep moderate voters in their camp.

I think there are plenty of GOPer electeds that would love to be rid of Trump, DeSantis chief among them, but they all worry that being even slightly anti-Trump is a Cheney-like death sentence for their political careers.

None of them, though, can take over until they are rid of Trump.
Old 03-31-2023, 08:06 AM   #7566
Ksyrup

I think the reasoning has changed a bit, though. At first, I think they were scared he had so much influence over most of the party that to cross him meant certain political death from blowback. Now, I think the calculus is more likely that he still holds enough sway with a certain number of voters that they are afraid those voters won't turn out at all if they go against Trump. Most of the party is fine with someone else, but you've got this diehard Trump group who just won't show up to vote if you're a "trader."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-31-2023, 08:09 AM   #7567
Ksyrup

Speaking of Trumpers, I see that Lauren Boebert has said she's not going to "nitpick" the Bible about right and wrong after her 17 year old son got his GF pregnant. Funny how that works.
Old 03-31-2023, 08:28 AM   #7568
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I think the reasoning has changed a bit, though. At first, I think they were scared he had so much influence over most of the party that to cross him meant certain political death from blowback. Now, I think the calculus is more likely that he still holds enough sway with a certain number of voters that they are afraid those voters won't turn out at all if they go against Trump. Most of the party is fine with someone else, but you've got this diehard Trump group who just won't show up to vote if you're a "trader."

I think it’s both. It will be interesting to see what happens if the nominee isn’t Trump.
Old 03-31-2023, 09:14 AM   #7569
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Speaking of Trumpers, I see that Lauren Boebert has said she's not going to "nitpick" the Bible about right and wrong after her 17 year old son got his GF pregnant. Funny how that works.

If you've got some GOP news you want no one to see, these are the two weeks to get it out there.

Speaking of which...

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-31-2023 at 09:23 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 09:18 AM   #7570
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Looks like they haven't passed it but they're drafting it. And with his majority in Florida, it'll pass.

https://twitter.com/GeoRebekah/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Florida Lawmakers File Bill Draft that Could Repeal 'Resign to Run' · The Floridian

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-31-2023 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-31-2023, 10:55 AM   #7571
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

I do not, saw some Florida based reporters? talking about in on Twitter
Old 03-31-2023, 10:59 AM   #7572
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Speaking of Cawthorn-I saw a tweet from him and guess where he's bought a home? Florida, so he no doubt claim residency there instead of NC when he tries to run for office again I'm sure
Old 03-31-2023, 11:20 AM   #7573
Ksyrup

WTF?

Old 03-31-2023, 12:19 PM   #7574
JPhillips
General Manager

I would like to see a profile of the voter that wasn't going to vote for Trump in the general election but will now because he is soon to be indicted.
Old 03-31-2023, 12:24 PM   #7575
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I would like to see a profile of the voter that wasn't going to vote for Trump in the general election but will now because he is soon to be indicted.

Is there a block out there that will be convinced maybe he is being persecuted and be sympathetic to him?
Old 03-31-2023, 12:32 PM   #7576
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Is there a block out there that will be convinced maybe he is being persecuted and be sympathetic to him?

Yeah it's called MAGA

This doesn't help him. It just gets his base riled up enough to send him more money.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 12:44 PM   #7577
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This dumb fuck is now attacking the judge on his social media platform. I swear he really is his own worse enemy.
Old 03-31-2023, 12:46 PM   #7578
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think the profile is more of "voter who would sit out 2024 vs one who won't if they think they could keep their savior out of jail".

SI

Old 03-31-2023, 01:02 PM   #7579
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

Gonna say.....yes....

- Fox News

Friend,

Did you hear the news??

PRESIDENT TRUMP HAS BEEN INDICTED ON FALSE CHARGES.

He needs you to stand with him now more than ever, Friend.

RUSH IN A DONATION TO OUR TRUMP DEFENSE FUND TO STAND AGAINST THE WRONGFUL INDICTMENT OF PRESIDENT TRUMP. >>
OFFICIAL TRUMP DEFENSE FUND

SUPPORTER: Friend
CONTRIBUTION STATUS:$0
DEADLINE: 11:59 PM TONIGHT

CONTRIBUTE NOW »

This level of corruption is unprecedented. We can’t let the far Left get away with this without paying a big price at the ballot box. We must peacefully organize and VOTE!
Stand with President Trump AGAINST Leftist corruption by rushing in a donation to our OFFICIAL TRUMP DEFENSE FUND now. >>

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 01:37 PM   #7580
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I'm impressed DeSantis went straight to anti-Semitism in defending Trump since there's a sizeable Jewish population in Florida.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 01:43 PM   #7581
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Looks like they haven't passed it but they're drafting it. And with his majority in Florida, it'll pass.

https://twitter.com/GeoRebekah/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Florida Lawmakers File Bill Draft that Could Repeal 'Resign to Run' · The Floridian

SI
I was wondering why he hadn't announced. This explains it.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 01:44 PM   #7582
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I think the profile is more of "voter who would sit out 2024 vs one who won't if they think they could keep their savior out of jail".

SI
That is exactly it. And there are still low-interest voters that need a reason to show. They may not have just to beat Biden, but they will to save Orange Jesus.
Old 03-31-2023, 01:58 PM   #7583
JPhillips
General Manager

See, I don't think there's much of anybody that wouldn't have voted Trump in 2024 that now will. The voter that is motivated by indictments is a voter already clearly in the MAGA box.

Now I get how this helps him in the primary, but felony indictment isn't a positive for the general.
Old 03-31-2023, 02:05 PM   #7584
Atocep
Coordinator

And it's not like very many stayed home in 2020. They had massive turnout.
Old 03-31-2023, 03:17 PM   #7585
Thomkal
Head Coach

Don't have a link yet but the judge in the Dominion vs Fox case basically threw out everything Fox wanted, sided with Dominion on Fox pushing false election results, and sent the "malice" part to Trial.

Last edited by Thomkal : 03-31-2023 at 03:17 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 03:48 PM   #7586
GrantDawg

It is a 130 page order, so there is a huge amount there. Looks like your summary is the gist. Fox did knowingly lie, now whether it was malice or not is all that is left to adjudicate.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2023, 08:14 PM   #7587
Edward64
Head Coach

Looking forward to hearing key Fox personalities testify (and squirm under oath). The lawsuit is for $1.6B in damages. Fox 2022 net income was $1.5B.

Judge sends Dominion lawsuit against Fox News to trial - POLITICO
Quote:
In recent court filings, Fox’s attorneys argued that the network wasn’t endorsing the claims leveled by Trump and allies like Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell, but was simply conveying newsworthy statements being issued by important public figures. The judge rejected those arguments.

“Fox dedicates little to its argument on falsity. It claims that ‘[t]he question is whether the press reported the “true” fact that the President made those allegations,’” Davis wrote. “However, falsity refers to the content of the statement, not the act of republishing it. Therefore, the question of falsity is whether the content of the allegations was true, not whether Fox truthfully republished the allegations.”

Davis also said Fox’s reports and interviews often aired the claims without rebuttal or context, further undercutting the network’s arguments.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 08:17 PM   #7588
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Looking forward to hearing key Fox personalities testify (and squirm under oath). The lawsuit is for $1.6B in damages. Fox 2022 net income was $1.5B.

Judge sends Dominion lawsuit against Fox News to trial - POLITICO

I don't know shit about such law but I read it suggested by some rando that this lawsuit could also lead to punitive damages that could potentially multiply that judgment.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 08:30 PM   #7589
Edward64
Head Coach

That would be great.

My guess is Fox will be found guilty. I'm just not sure Dominion could show (or the jury would award) $1.6B in damages.

Last edited by Edward64 : 03-31-2023 at 09:10 PM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 06:55 PM   #7590
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Get some of those dot com bros who convince VCs to give them hundreds of millions of dollars to gin up what Dominion could have made, and they could be looking at 12 figures in damages.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 11:53 AM   #7591
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

They aren't even trying to hide it anymore

Just a moment...
Old 04-02-2023, 12:54 PM   #7592
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
They aren't even trying to hide it anymore

Just a moment...

No, they are not. But I do think that they've saved the least popular of their stuff for the Trump Indictment so that it sucks up all the political news oxygen.
Old 04-03-2023, 09:42 AM   #7593
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

WaPo reporting that AFTER Trump received his subpoena he was seen on video going through the boxes of classified docs separating things out.
Old 04-03-2023, 10:05 AM   #7594
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Dola- apparently secret service agents are set to testify Friday in the docs case. Many of them are still loyal to Trump so not sure how that will go.
Old 04-03-2023, 12:12 PM   #7595
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

It won't happen, and it would be silly of him to do it.

But if Trump snuck into Russia right now for asylum, would that be the biggest political story in American history?
Old 04-03-2023, 12:35 PM   #7596
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
It won't happen, and it would be silly of him to do it.

But if Trump snuck into Russia right now for asylum, would that be the biggest political story in American history?

I agree, not gonna happen. But the documents case is pretty serious. Even Barr seems to think he's likely fucked on that one.

I can't imagine the hell his defense attorneys go through. Hannity threw him a softball question to lead Trump into defending himself and instead of taking it he admitted to the crime. Putting him on the stand to defend himself is completely off the table.
Old 04-03-2023, 12:40 PM   #7597
Atocep
Coordinator

Dola

His best defense in the documents case, after Pence and Biden had documents, was going go be that it's wrong but not outside the norm.

Trump is doing everything in his power to destroy that defense. He's doubled down on him having every right to those documents and admitted to Hannity that he purposely took them.

If they have video and testimony that he went through the documents after the subpoena to separate and hide what he wanted to keep then he has no defense other than trying to frame the Presidential Records Act as something that it is clearly not.
Old 04-03-2023, 02:03 PM   #7598
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Him having the documents isn't the story. It is him refusing to give them back. That is the difference between the Trump case and Biden/Pence. However his cult followers won't see it that way.

They will truly defend him no matter how obvious it is he committed the crime.
Old 04-03-2023, 02:09 PM   #7599
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- I still stand by the statement that nothing will happen to him. By the time any of these cases could actually go to trial he will likely be the party nominee for President and nothing will happen to him. I get the need for accuracy but at some point you also have to realize you're up against a clock. I don't get what is taking so long in Georgie especially. He said what he said, hasn't denied it. So either charge him or don't.
Old 04-03-2023, 02:38 PM   #7600
RainMaker
General Manager

I still don't think Garland has the balls to charge him for anything.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote