Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 07:29 PM   #4151
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Some of those folks may have received some form of clemency from Trump's justice reform & would be happy to vote for him, for all I know/care. There are enough ex-cons in this country that I can't really make any judgment about their character based on that status alone.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 09-24-2020 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:39 PM   #4152
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

The Rock says, "Vote for Biden"
Old 09-27-2020, 05:24 PM   #4153
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Tom Ridge has come out for Biden. That may be huge in Pennsylvania!

https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/com...-20200927.html

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2020, 05:44 PM   #4154
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Tom Ridge has come out for Biden. That may be huge in Pennsylvania!

Former Pa. Gov. Tom Ridge: I'm voting for Joe Biden | Opinion

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

If Biden really is a tool of the radical leftists, he's got a lot of people fooled.
Old 09-27-2020, 05:54 PM   #4155
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
The Rock says, "Vote for Biden"

I would die a happy man to hear The Rock say "It doesn't matter what you THINK" to Putin's face.
Old 09-27-2020, 06:11 PM   #4156
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
I would die a happy man to hear The Rock say "It doesn't matter what you THINK" to Putin's face.

Rock and Jocko Willink 2024
Old 09-27-2020, 06:16 PM   #4157
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I can assure you that Tom Ridge doesn’t move a needle. He hasn’t been governor since 2001. He was also a RINO like Arlen Specter to a lot of people.
Old 09-27-2020, 06:50 PM   #4158
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I can assure you that Tom Ridge doesn’t move a needle. He hasn’t been governor since 2001. He was also a RINO like Arlen Specter to a lot of people.

So you're saying "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT TOM RIDGE THINKS!!!!"
Old 09-27-2020, 06:51 PM   #4159
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Rock and Jocko Willink 2024

Rock and Sock Connection 2024!
Old 09-27-2020, 07:54 PM   #4160
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So you're saying "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT TOM RIDGE THINKS!!!!"

TOM RIDGE IS A PRO-DEATH BABY KILLER
Old 09-27-2020, 09:28 PM   #4161
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I finally registered to vote in the state of Ohio (I was in Michigan last election).

I think I'm at about 66% Libertarian an 34% Biden.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:13 AM   #4162
spleen1015
Coordinator

Filled out my mail in ballot yesterday and dropped it off.

I reviewed it 87 times just to make sure I filled it out and signed correctly.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:17 AM   #4163
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah. I'm sure I'll do the same if I do the mail-in ballot. I think I'll either drop box it, or if things still aren't too bad in my neck of the woods, go vote in person.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:59 AM   #4164
Edward64
Head Coach

Going to do early voting with my daughter on Sat, Oct 17. We agreed to go when it first opens at 8am.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:28 AM   #4165
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Going to do early voting with my daughter on Sat, Oct 17. We agreed to go when it first opens at 8am.

FYI, if you want to avoid crowds, this may not be the best strategy.

I've poll observed in the past, and there tends to be a queue right when things open up. You might be better off going at, like, 10 to let the early birds get through the system.

(That said, my experience has been on weekdays, so there may have been a bit of "don't be late for work" going into that).
Old 09-29-2020, 09:38 AM   #4166
Edward64
Head Coach

Thanks for the tip. Yes, wanted to go when it wasn't as busy.

I would go on a weekday but daughter will have to drive home from college, about an hours drive away.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:13 AM   #4167
Edward64
Head Coach

Looking forward to 9pm tonight, hoping to be entertained by the inevitable zingers.

Ready to get this election cycle (and this damn year) done and hopefully get back to center'ish.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:40 AM   #4168
Autumn
Head Coach

To relieve the unending stress, my wife and I are working on a prop bet/drinking game/Bingo game to go along with the debates. Anything to make this all bearable.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:53 AM   #4169
Jas_lov
College Starter

Let's hope Biden is prepared and can start to pull away a little more. I think he's been prepping like this could be the knockout blow while Trump is just going to show up and rely on his instinct.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:11 AM   #4170
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Let's hope Biden is prepared and can start to pull away a little more. I think he's been prepping like this could be the knockout blow while Trump is just going to show up and rely on his instinct.

meh.

Trump is going to yell and scream and interrupt and his base will claim how awesome he was and showed Joe who was boss. Biden will have some small verbal gaffe and they will jump all over it in an endless loop. Nothing will change.

I still find it impossible to believe there is anyone who hasn't made up their mind. The debates are just theater to be interpreted based on who you support.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:18 AM   #4171
Autumn
Head Coach

I generally agree, Lathum. Though I do know some people like my mother-in-law, who is still persuadable, I think, and pays basic attention to the news, and may watch the debate. I think it could influence a small section of people, but there's no telling what would influence her--could be a Biden gaffe, could be Trump being crazy, but she could just as easily ignore either one of those things. Boggles my mind.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:18 AM   #4172
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Debates don't move the needle much anymore in general, so I don't think there's any knockout here. There are very much people who still haven't made up their mind. Not an excessive amount, but they are there. They always are, always will be in a system of voting between multiple options.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:26 AM   #4173
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I think you could do something screwy that can hurt you ultimately but it's unlikely. Probably just adds a handful of items to the pile to build narratives for the next month.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Old 09-29-2020, 11:28 AM   #4174
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Debates don't move the needle much anymore in general, so I don't think there's any knockout here. There are very much people who still haven't made up their mind. Not an excessive amount, but they are there. They always are, always will be in a system of voting between multiple options.

Wasn't able to vote back then but I remember watching "the admiral" in the 1992 VP debates. I was attracted to Perot just because he was going to bring a business mindset, but Stockdale's dismal performance would have changed my vote.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:33 AM   #4175
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post

In a normal election I agree, but I just can't wrap my mind about it this time. Everyone knows who Trump is at this point and you are either for him or against him.

I realize I am likely wrong, but in my mind I can't internalize how anyone at this point could be undecided after the last 4 years. If you are it's likely because you are looking for a reason to feel better about yourself for voting Trump and come to terms with your own morality.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:05 PM   #4176
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quinnipiac's poll in Georgia released today is pretty hard to believe. It has Biden up 50-47, Ossoff up 49-48, and the biggest surprise Raphael Warnock up with 31%, with Loeffler and Collins at 22-21 respectively. That was a shock, as the last poll I saw had Warnock 5 points behind the two Republicans.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2020, 02:36 PM   #4177
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
In a normal election I agree, but I just can't wrap my mind about it this time. Everyone knows who Trump is at this point and you are either for him or against him.

I realize I am likely wrong, but in my mind I can't internalize how anyone at this point could be undecided after the last 4 years. If you are it's likely because you are looking for a reason to feel better about yourself for voting Trump and come to terms with your own morality.

I feel very similar, Trumps presidency has at least been transparent in what you see, is what you get and as polarizing as he is, I can't see anywhere near the number of undecideds we had in 2016.

Hell, walking to the polls on election morning in 2016 I still hadn't decided between Hillary and 3rd party. My mind in this election was made up 3 years ago.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:45 PM   #4178
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Quinnipiac's poll in Georgia released today is pretty hard to believe. It has Biden up 50-47, Ossoff up 49-48, and the biggest surprise Raphael Warnock up with 31%, with Loeffler and Collins at 22-21 respectively. That was a shock, as the last poll I saw had Warnock 5 points behind the two Republicans.

Quinnipiac seems to have a dem lean but other recent polls have shown Biden and Trump basically tied in GA. Obama just endorsed Warnock so maybe that pushed him up. Is Warnock now considered the favorite in that race? Seems like in a run off he'd beat Loeffler, not sure about Collins.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:00 PM   #4179
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

According to Nate Cohn, Q has a Dem lean this cycle and has really good numbers for Biden among Southern whites. It also has bad numbers for Biden among Hispanics, so Florida kind of cancels out for them.

But apparently for the people who live in the cross-tabs, this was an unsurprising result out of Georgia.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:11 PM   #4180
JPhillips
General Manager

Historically, I think late undecideds tend to break primarily towards the challenger. If you're still undecided after four years, it's hard to go back. It's yet another way 2020 is different than 2016.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:14 PM   #4181
GrantDawg

This poll would have come before the Obama endorsement.

Old 09-29-2020, 03:25 PM   #4182
Thomkal
Head Coach

Biden releases about 20 years of his tax returns today before the debate.

He will also have a twitter stream @truth where they apparently are going to live stream fact checking on Trump during the debate.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:31 PM   #4183
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Quinnipiac seems to have a dem lean but other recent polls have shown Biden and Trump basically tied in GA. Obama just endorsed Warnock so maybe that pushed him up. Is Warnock now considered the favorite in that race? Seems like in a run off he'd beat Loeffler, not sure about Collins.

The Democrats were divided between Liebermann (yes, the son of THAT Liebermann) and Warnock. There was the Obama endorsement and the bringing up back up of the fact Liebermann wrote a book about a racist character who was fond of the KKK. Then Liebermann doubled down and said Obama endorsed every DC approved Senate candidate... running against Obama is probably the dumbest thing any Democratic candidate can do.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:49 PM   #4184
RainMaker
General Manager

Remember when Obama supported Lieberman over Lamont in 2006 and then Lieberman torpedoed the public option? Was an incredibly dumb move by Obama and maybe this is a bit of payback.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:05 PM   #4185
JPhillips
General Manager

Young Liberman running the plucky outsider campaign.

Seems like the asshole doesn't fall far from the tree.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:17 PM   #4186
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

There's definitely a lot fewer undecideds than '16 - that was a historically high number.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:11 PM   #4187
GrantDawg

Stay classy, Fox: https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/stat...343252992?s=19

Old 09-29-2020, 07:19 PM   #4188
miami_fan
Coordinator

I usually watch most of my TV content though various apps on the Fire Stick. I watched the Twins vs Astros game on the local ABC station while I cooked dinner. How the hell do you guys watch any programming with all of those political ads?! I had not seen one for either party for any elections at any level of government. It felt like all I saw were political ads and that Heineken commercial with the guy who could not cook but had cooked food for friends.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 09-29-2020, 07:37 PM   #4189
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I usually watch most of my TV content though various apps on the Fire Stick. I watched the Twins vs Astros game on the local ABC station while I cooked dinner. How the hell do you guys watch any programming with all of those political ads?! I had not seen one for either party for any elections at any level of government. It felt like all I saw were political ads and that Heineken commercial with the guy who could not cook but had cooked food for friends.

For my entire life, I didn't live in a swing state.

Then NC became one. And the attention and the idea that "my vote mattered" felt fun for one election.

Now I wish that we'd just flip Red or Blue. The ads are so annoying (though, in fairness, all I watch live is sports, so I can still avoid most of it).
Old 09-29-2020, 07:40 PM   #4190
JPhillips
General Manager

I live in NY. When I see a national political commercial I wonder what the hell they were thinking.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:43 PM   #4191
GrantDawg

Joe's ready: https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/...338735104?s=19

Old 09-29-2020, 07:47 PM   #4192
JPhillips
General Manager

My prediction is that a week from now it will be Biden +7.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:55 PM   #4193
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I predict that most GOP voters will say that Trump won the debate and most Democratic voters will say that Biden won the debate.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:56 PM   #4194
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

is there going to be any commentary from here during the debate?
Old 09-29-2020, 08:03 PM   #4195
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I predict that most GOP voters will say that Trump won the debate and most Democratic voters will say that Biden won the debate.

sucker bet, no action from me
Old 09-29-2020, 08:05 PM   #4196
JPhillips
General Manager

Just in terms of the job of being on TV, Wallace is a real pro. He's so smooth and confident.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:05 PM   #4197
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I live in NY. When I see a national political commercial I wonder what the hell they were thinking.

AFAIK, there's a general belief that you kinda have to throw at least token money at lost cause states if the donator base is (or is perceived to be) deep enough. You gotta make the check writers feel like you're at least trying basically
Old 09-29-2020, 08:06 PM   #4198
JPhillips
General Manager

It feels like community theatre.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:11 PM   #4199
tarcone
Coordinator

Oh boy. Joe is already looking like he is not sure what he is talking about.

He needs an ear piece with someone telling him what to say.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
Old 09-29-2020, 08:17 PM   #4200
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Wallace seems like he should be on Wide WOrld of Sports in the 70s
Closed Thread