Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old Today, 06:05 AM   #29701
Edward64
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
It was reported that MBS said he'd be killed if he signed a deal with Israel.

Googled and found a couple articles on this. There is definite risks to MBS but this just a convenient excuse IMO.

There's no doubt he is a Jekyll (opening up SA, women's rights, reigning in religious police, modernization etc.) & Hyde (murdering SOB). BTW - I know some here criticize him for Yemen but I lean towards thinking it's one that SA needs to win.

He is effectively a benevolent dictator for life. He's had several years to consolidate his power (e.g. the imprisoning of all those relatives and rich billionaires). If there is one person that can do it, it's him. Definitely risks to him but Iran is the real & present danger, and my guess is Iran can roll over SA without US support.

Somewhat related to our oil dependency, it was reported the Venezuela opposition leader left the country. I really don't get why we did not impact change there at the height of the crisis. Strong and friendly relationship with Venezuela will have helped us significantly in this transitionary time to oil independence (hurry up Elon Musk and like).

Last edited by Edward64 : Today at 06:06 AM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:55 AM   #29702
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
“Sudanese parties have rejected the govt’s decision to normalise relations w/Israel, with officials saying they will form an opposition front...’#Sudan’s transitional govt is not elected & therefore not authorised to normalise relations w/#Israel.’”

Everything's a con.
Old Today, 08:45 AM   #29703
JPhillips
General Manager

We quit.

Quote:
We are not going to get control of the pandemic. -Mark Meadows