Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-11-2020, 08:34 AM   #1001
QuikSand
lolzcat

DC BUREAU

With the Washington team, I will confess... my file for the all-important regular season stage was a MESS. I genuinely didn't even assign a starting QB, I put in an offer on a free agent, left the starting job unassigned, and wasn't even sure whether the good-fit free agent or the oh-noes-a-conflict guy would take the reins. But given some of the other changes I had made (cutting a monster-looking RB to convert him to into a pedestrian WR2, most notably), I just felt like this season would be a throwaway, regardless. We're definitely a couple seasons away from competing for a division title, or anything like that.

I also apparently messed up my playbook for the season, and had to go with some sort of oddball default gameplan for the year, so I wasn't able to target my passing game the way I prefer. Small thing for a lost year, but unnerving.

So, naturally...

GML: Washington Redskins 2118

Turns out an inexplicable 9-7 is good enough to earn us a home game in the wild card round. Go figure. What happened here?

QB Perkins is pick-prone by effective with over 7 ypa, we'll take that
We ran the ball a lot, I don't see why on earth we'd do that, yuck
WR Damon Malone reminds me how much it matters to have a stud WR, 10 ypt
This pass attack was actually pretty solid overall, esp with deadweight TEs
The pass rush was healthier than I expected, for some reason
Our cobbled-together LB corps was also solid, for some reason
Work to do ahead at DB, with overhaul coming, but progress there

I have trouble seeing this as a winning team if we simmed the season 100 times, but we'll collect our division trophy, get our asses kicked against the big boys, and start building in the direction we want. Okay, then.

Last edited by QuikSand : 06-11-2020 at 08:34 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:50 AM   #1002
QuikSand
lolzcat

Fixin' to do a State of the Ravens rundown in the next day or so. Without a QB plan, it seems dumb to do a set-the-arrival-date plan, but... maybe we have our Salvador after all? We can do ok with a "good enough" QB, whose main flaw is throwing 6 more picks than we'd prefer. (And with our commitment to the bad chemistry group, we might not ever do a lot better)
Old 06-11-2020, 01:08 PM   #1003
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Curiously, do you often see top of the 1st round talent in your target group for affinity and simply can't find a way to obtain them? Or is it that this target group is just entirely this scarce? Or is it that you have to stick to certain leadership/personality traits that seriously shrink your options even further?
Old 06-11-2020, 04:03 PM   #1004
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas in Cinti View Post
Curiously, do you often see top of the 1st round talent in your target group for affinity and simply can't find a way to obtain them? Or is it that this target group is just entirely this scarce? Or is it that you have to stick to certain leadership/personality traits that seriously shrink your options even further?

Definitely see them, and sometimes write them off as unobtainable. I have made two big trade-up deals to get high in the draft for WRs (neither of whom really panned out ideally) but Stocz was definitely that situation - best chem-fit WR out there, he wasn't going to fall to my pick at twenty-whatever, so I overpaid to move up to someone unexcited b pick 1(2) and got him there. Happens a lot, I typically don't even waste an interview on guys I figure have no shot to fall to my first pick.
Old 06-11-2020, 04:05 PM   #1005
QuikSand
lolzcat

Oh... incidentally, Pittsburgh had an off year and finished 6-10, so our 1st rounder next year through them will be in the 5-6-7-8 range. So, with that pick and then our own in the middle somewhere, we ought to be able to either move the needle at two positions, or potentially make a big move up to target one of those bullseye type guys. Would really love a 2-3 QB for this team, or a true WR1 we could build around.
Old 06-11-2020, 04:54 PM   #1006
QuikSand
lolzcat

BALTIMORE - WHERE ARE WE?

Front Office Football Eight
Baltimore Ravens Roster, Scout Overview

Code:
Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Levine, Salvador 105 QB QB 6 45 45 5 yrs. ##Wolf, Ivan 107 QB 7 36 36 1 yr. Justin, Evan 115 QB 1 14 28 4 yrs. ##Walsh, Amir 120 QB 2 13 31 2 yrs.

I don't fuckin know. I guess the bottom line here is that we have "a guy" on hand in Levine. He appeals to the Pikesville crowd outside Baltimore, along with Schweigert and Lentzner, maybe a couple others. Weird demographic for the gridiron, though.

The roster just BEGS for a good fit QB to step in and be "the guy," though. I will hope for that in the draft, but lacking that, I guess it's okay to have a semi-affordable fall-back. Evan Justin is probably a long term QB2, high chemistry and after this season he will click. (that's code)

Code:
Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Bush, Edwin 230 RB RB 4 53 53 3 yrs. Schweigert, Bernie 222 RB 4 48 48 3 yrs. Schroeder, Charles 340 FB 6 30 30 2 yrs.

Well, we have our plan in place at RB1 and RB2, both of these guys delivered nicely this season, and I think should have a mode credible OL to run behind over time. T Shepherd is just fantastic at LT, and with Glode locked in as a run blocking force at C, the rest ought to be pretty easy. We'll give it time, and who knows, maybe some draft investment (I hope not).

Code:
Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Ogden, Leon 448 TE TE 2 56 56 3 yrs. Money, Vinny 446 TE 2 37 41 1 yr. Terrell, Devan 482 TE 7 31 31 1 yr. Polley, Wade 441 TE 1 30 33 2 yrs. Austin, Ronald 484 TE FB 8 26 26 1 yr.

Tough group to sort out. We're pushing the ball to Ogden, he's okay but nothing special. This, too, could be a target in the draft if we don't get a perfect fit elsewhere. Had hoped Ogden would be that guy, but he looks more solid than spectacular. Money is my specialty - a mixed-skill guy who actually had ratings where I want them. So, should I split off half of Ogden's targets and shift them to Money? Maybe.

Code:
Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Franz, Brad 517 FL FL 10 48 48 1 yr. Woods, B.J. 583 FL SE 3 45 45 1 yr. ##Baglien, Lorenzo 580 FL 6 43 43 3 yrs. Holtz, Rex 518 FL 8 41 41 1 yr. ##Ledoux, Andre 587 FL 5 41 41 2 yrs. Stocz, Lonnie 512 SE 5 50 50 3 yrs. Bridges, Buddy 585 SE 1 24 34 4 yrs.

So, we have just plugged in Franz and Stocz as WR1/WR2. They're fine, but nothing great on paper. Franz posted a fairly big year, and he's a big cohesion asset now, but no longer a chem match, assuming we remain with a 6-7 leader (likely). BJ Woods put up 7 ypt again, fine, Holtz a click lower, meh. Bridges looms, but he might just be a punt returner - how much can you make out of one bar (getting downfield)? We might find out, as the utter lack of a youth movement here is deeply distressing.

WR is a top target for this team in the draft, even if we have to reach from pick 7 - and potentially a "just BWRA" and skip affinities.

Code:
Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Glode, J.R. 670 C C 4 73 73 4 yrs. Fattel, Jackie 765 LG LG 3 28 42 3 yrs. Tompkins, Heath 775 RG 7 54 54 2 yrs. Shepherd, Tyrus 863 LT LT 8 81 81 4 yrs. O'Donnell, Miguel 861 LT RT 3 75 75 2 yrs. Clements, Nate 874 LT 5 55 55 3 yrs. Odom, Arnold 860 LT RG 4 45 53 2 yrs. ##Jennings, Caiden 878 RT 2 27 36 1 yr.

First, chemistry. T Shepherd is that bad combo of high leadership, low-ish personality - so he's our leader but at 42. Yuck. T Jennings is the lady in waiting but it will take probably 3 more seasons for him to step into the lead role (93/98, worth the wait). Smart move here is probably to grab a couple max-personality backups from the 2-3 group, who'd click with both, and just sit on 'em.

Talent-wise, the line of the short term is Shepherd-Clements-Glode-Odom-O'Donnell, as we'd play tackles in both guard slots. Moving backups around sounds necessary... hmm, wonder if there's a baloney special teams arbitrage play here, knowing my "guards" get assigned ST duty like it or not. Maybe a high ST rated TE, slot him at G, keep him off the starting lineup, and let him crush it with the punt team. Meh.

If a high quality guy comes along, we are open to investing here.

Code:
Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Frederick, Edwin 904 P 10 47 47 2 yrs. Thomas, Mario 1003K 4 85 85 4 yrs.

Yes, I am spending freal money on my kicker, newly extended. Sunk cost fallacy. Perhaps I'll regret it, for lack of funds to expend on a star free agent, but right now we were $70m under the cap, after tossing $42m after a camp arm QB who happened to get the gig. We can swing $15m/yr for a near-stud kicker. Those kick return numbers do look sweet, can't be totally unconnected. Maybe a beastly punter this year, if cap space allows it.

Code:
Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Woods, Lorenzo 1159LDE 5 52 52 3 yrs. Anthony, Ethan 1198LDE RDE 9 47 47 1 yr. Baxter, Gilbert 1179LDE 7 17 17 2 yrs. Helming, Juan 1194RDE LDE 3 72 72 2 yrs. Scott, Justics 1292NT NT 6 51 51 2 yrs. Schneider, Gavin 1297NT 5 37 37 1 yr.

This is simply not good enough. Helming is really good, but he's a pure 3-4 DE, I want my guys to rush the passer, scheme be damned. What else do we have of real value? Little. Baxter is the chem anchor, but both of our ear-pinners are all but gone - we shifted Schneider to DT after a rotten preseason fade, and my longtime one trick pass rusher Mealey got cut after fading to nothingness.

I'd hate to feel pressed to use a 1st round pick here - just not the "value" but it's possible.

Code:
Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Givens, Dana 1352SILB 4 38 42 2 yrs. Schenk, Rich 1356WILB SILB 2 58 58 2 yrs. Roybal, Giovanni 1350WILB WILB 4 36 36 2 yrs. ##Wilkerson, Shane 1345WILB 6 10 10 1 yr. Thomas, Burt 1447SLB WLB 1 45 45 2 yrs. Peterson, Edgar 1451SLB SLB 6 42 42 1 yr. Thill, Moe 1457WLB 1 37 37 4 yrs.

Not awful? I guess that's right. Big surprise is afterthought pickup Schenk who boomed in preseason, moved off the bubble and right into the job as our top run stopper, and pinned up 107 tackles behind a 100-rated RunD number. So, suddenly he's very much in the mix. Peterson is up for a new deal, I don't exactly know what to do with a coverage-first LB but we try to use him appropriately. Givens needs to get into the pass rushing rotation, he will next year barring a big personnel move. Thomas was an undrafted rookie - yet again I get something out of the 8th round, he's good enough to keep playing. Adding a stud at LB would be nice, I'd love to have a Serious Sam, but more likely we continue to putter with this properly assigned a low-ish priority.

Code:
Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Lentzner, Kody 1538LCB 6 70 70 3 yrs. Maas, Josue 1524LCB LCB 6 70 70 4 yrs. Dawson, Gus 1537LCB 5 32 32 2 yrs. Calmus, Collin 1539RCB RCB 5 53 53 4 yrs. Wiggins, Les 1526RCB 2 49 49 3 yrs. Vaughn, Shawn 1506RCB 3 29 29 1 yr. ##Patterson, Mitchell 1536RCB 2 20 33 3 yrs. McCormick, Kendrick 1633SS SS 6 47 47 2 yrs. Conners, Jake 1629FS FS 5 44 44 4 yrs. Padilla, Dustin 1625FS 3 44 44 1 yr. Tamburrino, Toby 669 LS 8 17 17 2 yrs.

Okay, now our pride and joy. I didn't play Lentzner enough this year but that will change, he'll rotate in at NB/FS. Mass is lowish endurance, but when he plays, he's money - 84.8 PD% this year now that he's in the right role. Calmus is a solid CB2/NB and had 6 picks in limited action. Wiggins is a luxury, good enough to play anywhere. The three safeties are all okay, good enough to rotate and play, no standouts. this should be our best position group by talent and chemistry for a long while.

So... no real shock where my mind is:

Passing game talent - QB, WR
Top tier TE talent
Pass rush
OL talent
LB talent
ST standouts
depth everywhere who will stick and click
Old 06-11-2020, 07:32 PM   #1007
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Or is it that you have to stick to certain leadership/personality traits that seriously shrink your options even further?

If I am playing a team hardcore chemistry, which is honestly the most enjoyable way for me, then yes - that's exactly the right way to phrase it. It just shrinks my options. Once I have my leaders in place, when I go out to scour for free agents, I do searches and only even kick the tires on the guys who show up as affinities, and in some cases, affinities strong enough to invest in. So that means 5 out of 6 players don't even make my radar screen.

Same thing goes for the draft. In general, my first activity with a draft is to open up the online drafting Conscriptor, and go through the top 200 or so players overall, and just click on all the affinity matches - that creates a naive, unsorted, priority list for me to work from. Guys not on that list (again, 5/6 of the draft pool) just don't get my attention as I consider that draft. Then my work from there will be from the priority list, looking over the guys on that sort (maybe 30-40 players) and deciding how to rank them and who might be worth a move up, or whatnot.

I'll make exceptions. If my BAL pick at 1.6 comes up and I just don't like my options at all, I might just go BPA - take a much-needed WR, for example. But my plan going in will be to look pretty closely at the chemistry fits. I just derive too much joy from the "collecting" facets of the game.

But the payoff is something like my current secondary. Now that Dawson has taken over his rightful perch atop the throne, my DB group reads like this in the Chemistry column: Exceptional Affinity, Exceptional Affinity, Strong Affinity, Position leader, (no chemistry - PR Vaughn), Exceptional Affinity, Exceptional Affinity, Exceptional Affinity, Exceptional Affinity, Exceptional Affinity. Whatever voodoo is behind this in-game setup, I am wringing every damned ounce of it here, and it mostly cost us just a couple pocket lint draft picks and some cap space (which I needed to spend anyway to gain legitimate talent). I'm fixin' to land in a similar place with my D7 in time.
Old 06-12-2020, 08:02 AM   #1008
QuikSand
lolzcat

Season rollover is done. Only retirement loss is OL Tompkins. He might have gotten his starting job back this year, oddly enough, but that's under the bridge now. Investing twice in a low-personality, run-blocking tackle was never wise.

I can see the free agent market, and I'll just say - if I'm going to make an impactful move there, it will require either (1) ignoring chemistry to get an impact player, and/or (2) going all art-of-war and stacking at an already strong position. I have cap room to make moves, not sure I have the will do push in and declare that *this* is the thing I'm doing with my foreseeable cap space, if you follow.

Eagerly awaiting a draft full of pitch-and-catch wunderkinds. We've got picks 1.8 and 1.18. It just screams wide receiver to me. Please be there.
Old 06-12-2020, 08:32 AM   #1009
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Enjoyed the run-through... so for Washington, are you going to take a similar bent long-term on the cohesion/affinity play? Or are you "trying something different"?
Old 06-12-2020, 12:53 PM   #1010
QuikSand
lolzcat

Well, I put a little bit of heart into an Ol trade block, but in this league I don't expect any nibbles. Dealing Shepherd just feels super dumb, I expect we will just live with the weak chemistry and try to get by with...(checks notes)... guys with big red bars.
Old 06-12-2020, 01:03 PM   #1011
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Enjoyed the run-through... so for Washington, are you going to take a similar bent long-term on the cohesion/affinity play? Or are you "trying something different"?

DC BUREAU

I really struggled with what to do there. Over the course of the last offseason, I shifted gears from maintain-it, to lets-just-run-it-all-day, to eventually all-chem and switch-the-stud-RB-to-play-slot-receiver. Quite a turnabout, indeed.

At the moment, I am having a bit of a gameplanning crisis, as I look at some of the numbers for what that team did, and it seems in many ways they were better than I would have expected from my own gameplan (technical problems, I think the team was just under an AI/Rex gameplan). That is unnerving to see the WR1 post up a full 10 yards per target, when I couldn't get that out of Green Lantern on my teams. So, I fear the future when that same guy, possibly with the same (conflict) QB throwing to him, posts my more conventional 150 targets for 1,050 yards next season and I start to suspect I'm a net liability there.

Also, I have a solid chem plan there for the RB/FB and WR/TE groups, but the OL is a mess. I just invested a top pick into a star C, but could I honestly just walk away from him chem-wise and start building the group in better alignment with the other two groups? I thought I landed a good OL asset in round 3, but he looks weak now, so it's really just abandoning one young guy. I don't know.

I'm also stuck with a too-good-to-cut LB who has the bad chemistry combo of 100/57 or something close to that - irreplaceable as leader, but not that great to build around. I rather enjoyed the challenge of doing so anyway, but will I get chemistry-driven wanderlust as his fat, bonus-heavy contract winds down? Probably.

I am also unsatisfied with my chem plan amidst the DB group. I'm steering away from the triad that BAL is committed to, just out of prudence, but I don't really have a great plan there, mostly for lack of a leader (I thought I had forced a future group leader in for starts, but the AI deactivated him as I made late file-stage changes after deciding the team was basically a lost cause for the year).

TL;DR - Some pieces are in place and I'm cool with that. Have a few more decisions yet to make. One more offseason and I ought to have a plan, probably heavy with chemistry.
Old 06-12-2020, 10:18 PM   #1012
QuikSand
lolzcat

Did a roster analysis of the Washington team. Trying something different here...

GML Washington Roster Analysis - Google Sheets

Notes on every player included alongside ratings, other stuff.
Old 06-13-2020, 11:42 AM   #1013
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay, Ravens - the big stage, FA 1:2. $205m in cap space, nearly 30%. Room to move.

38 players signed
09 draft picks
05 RFA no-brainer signings
---
52 players "in hand"

Once again, we don't really need to do a lot here. I have plenty of my own guys I would like to re-sign. So, I'm signaling that we don't need rookies. That's dumb, we're a two-time .500 club with no plan forward... of course we needs to get better. Stupid.

The reality is, I would really like to make a franchise-defining move here. In the draft, in free agency, something. I'm getting bored with this team...should we go to a totally different offense, a run-like-crazy setup? Do I just need a QB I can invest in? Would one stud player give us that buzz? I don't know.

I think we are at a now-v-later crossroads, and I suppose I need to push in on the "later." We have a number of productive older players where I'll need to decide whether to re-sign (or just keep) them around and in the fold - knowing that it comes at the slot/cap expense of potentially longer term assets. WR Brad Franz wants $30m. What do we do there? He might mean +0.8 wins this year with his decent skills and huge cohesion. So...sign him? I honestly am not certain. If I had a "go for it" QB talent, that might make this a lot easier. Nobody in the draft, even a QB or WR, would change the outlook for this year very much.

Ok, we will sort it out. Expect our usual flood of offers in early free agency, with even less focus than usual, probably.
Old 06-13-2020, 12:37 PM   #1014
QuikSand
lolzcat

Just wrapped up, I think, all my FA pursuits. Really slim pickin' along the D7, one of the places where I know I need help. Was our anemic pass rush last season a fluke, or a deep problem? Not sure. I don't think cohesion can solve it. Might call for a draft pick there, regrettably. I don't think I can win without real pressure.

On to the draft. Honestly have not even looked as I type this. Pick #8 is the most exciting thing we have going for us. I do NOT want to draft a "great guard" here. Need to target an impact position.
Old 06-13-2020, 12:59 PM   #1015
QuikSand
lolzcat

Yeah... not going to be a "big-trade-up" nor a "oh please let this guy fall" situation. We'll get a quality addition at 8 and probably 18, but nobody jumps off the screen at me, as either a perfect fit QB or a game-changing receiver... which is really all I wanted. Best guess is we'll just take the best of what's left at WR and consider that our talent infusion, and then go BPA at pick 18. And yes, that could easily be a guard. Sigh.
Old 06-13-2020, 01:54 PM   #1016
QuikSand
lolzcat

...and just in case I was going to get my hopes up a bit about the receiver position... first two picks are off the board... WR, WR

pretty standard for FOF at this point, just depressing... it feels like an NBA draft...once you're outside the lottery, you're just on the outside
Old 06-13-2020, 10:00 PM   #1017
QuikSand
lolzcat

DC BUREAU

Without going too deep here, I remain not completely sold on my chemistry structure for three of five groups. That's awful, for me.

At OL, there's just a dearth of good strong leaders anywhere in this league at the 9-10/12-1/1-2 triad, where I invested my 1st and 3rd round picks last season (and got a build-around caliber C). So, do I force the square peg there, or try to call an audible and build in another group - maybe one that would connect with a QB from the signs driven by my RB and WR group leaders?

At D7, it just irks me to have an irreplaceable leader with only 57 personality. He's good, very good, but it's annoying. My DT is also very good, and in the same sign, with a better personality rating. Do we just build around the 3-4 guy and assume it will get better once I move on from the LB leader?

And at DB. Ugh. Built for 9-10 leader now, got a young guy, thought he'd play CB2 enough last year to click in, he didn't. Now, I sense the team might be decent - I don't want to mess with that if I don't have to. So, I'm splashing in free agency, maybe grabbing an alternative leader, switching groups, and leave my CB1 on the team but unconnected to chemistry. Don't love it, but... ugh.
Old 06-13-2020, 10:00 PM   #1018
QuikSand
lolzcat

DC BUREAU

Also, I might need a 4-TE gameplan for that team this year...
Old 06-14-2020, 11:13 AM   #1019
QuikSand
lolzcat

Today's idle musing, while the draft is held hostage by an owner who didn't even bother to register, and the next stage is a full day away:

-maybe we redouble our running game commitment?
-lock up QB Wolf as a good-fit, more-affordable, run-around guy
-don't over-reach for a receiver in the draft, maybe buff up the OL
-give this a legit try, and tote the rock 30+ times a game
-not willing to go super heavy there (100% rushing), too mush testing
-but just taking my current gameplan and loading up with more runs, sure

In play.
Old 06-14-2020, 07:22 PM   #1020
QuikSand
lolzcat

5 picks off the board. I still have "reach-for-receivers" available, and that's in play, even if not a talent-optimized way to use this pick at 1.8.

http://gml.fof-belco.com/draftclass.php

There's a star caliber OT, several big DL, a do-it-all RB - these seem like the "BPA" picks here. None are fits with my chem scheme, so I'm reluctant to commit that way. (I have kicked around looking at how we could rebuild our OL group if we were to take this OT...but to be honest, not even a nibble out there from my trade block... hard to see just walking away from all that equity)

My best guess is I just hold my nose, take my top graded "fit" receiver, and make the best of it. Then at pick 18, with any luck, we'll have one of a handful of logicals there to make a second impression.

Last edited by QuikSand : 06-14-2020 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-14-2020, 09:19 PM   #1021
QuikSand
lolzcat

KC sends

BAL sends

I deal down, and cross fingers... suddenly the guy-guys who left me uninspired to simply pick at 1.8 would be a MASSIVE LOSS if taken before 1.11. My best guess is that one of my top two guys will go, but the other will slide and we'll fine.
Old 06-15-2020, 06:54 AM   #1022
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay, both first rounders in the books for the Ravens... WR WR...neither looks perfect, but I'm fairly pleased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GML Postbot View Post

Baltimore: QuikSand takes WR Parker VanCaeyzeele with the 1.11 pick.

Avoid Drops64<->94
Getting Downfield48<->77
Route Running47<->76
Third Down Catching52<->81
Big-Play Receiving63<->92
Courage45<->74
Adjust to Ball68<->98
Punt Returning22<->52
Kick Returning47<->76
Endurance51<->80
Special Teams69<->98

HT
WT
RAW
ADJ
DASH
SOL
BENCH
AGI
BRJU
POS
%DEV

Quote:

Baltimore: QuikSand takes WR Warren Behne with the 1.18 pick.

Avoid Drops56<->85
Getting Downfield65<->94
Route Running59<->88
Third Down Catching68<->97
Big-Play Receiving68<->97
Courage39<->67
Adjust to Ball1<->30
Punt Returning58<->88
Kick Returning8<->36
Endurance1<->30
Special Teams63<->92

HT
WT
RAW
ADJ
DASH
SOL
BENCH
AGI
BRJU
POS
%DEV

I had a RB in my queue, who looked to me like a WR convert as well, he went off the board at my original pick 1.8.

A very big-bars RB (without exceptional combines) was the one that got away - a non-affinity guy but the most tantalizing set of bars in the class.
Old 06-15-2020, 09:06 AM   #1023
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

That 2nd pick looks like a Ted Ginn type of guy...
Old 06-15-2020, 09:08 AM   #1024
QuikSand
lolzcat

DC BUREAU

Big news from the DC Team...

There's a new sherrif in town

Clancy has had four underwhelming seasons in Buffalo, and they let him walk into free agency. I see a lot of big red bars and a not-awful implied AvoidInt...so I'm all in now. He will be a chem fit for our RB and WR leaders short term, too. This seemed like the right thing to do. Looks like our bidding guess was pretty spot on, too... I went higher bonus than Seattle, presumably, who offered more but got rejected. So, we are locked in. Ride or die with Clancy.
Old 06-15-2020, 10:27 AM   #1025
QuikSand
lolzcat

(reading between the lines: WAS plan > BAL plan)
Old 06-15-2020, 10:43 AM   #1026
QuikSand
lolzcat

BAL FA update:

Big news is we missed out on a star OT... losing out to Minnesota. our chemistry groups are now getting crowded, with Minnesota and Kansas City all over the guys I'm bidding on, on offense. It's rotten.

KC is now after QB Ivan Wolf, and other guys on my kick-the-tires list. Awesome.
Old 06-15-2020, 11:20 AM   #1027
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
BAL FA update:

Big news is we missed out on a star OT... losing out to Minnesota. our chemistry groups are now getting crowded, with Minnesota and Kansas City all over the guys I'm bidding on, on offense. It's rotten.

Nothing personal...we needed to upgrade our OTs and, more importantly, we had cap space to make a splash in FA, so we went after the two best guys...overpaying one of them and seemingly hitting the other contract right on the nose.

If it makes you feel any better...chemistry had nothing to do with either of those signings.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 12:20 PM   #1028
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, big free agent signing in Baltimore...

Dear Leader - Shaun Bernardino

I made an allusion before that I might need to add to a team strength to make a big move in free agency. Well, here he is. I overpaid, but he's just too perfect a fit. CB1 talent, and a monster chemistry leader for our DB group. Lock it up.
Old 06-16-2020, 12:34 PM   #1029
QuikSand
lolzcat

Also, round two draft pick - not a move-the-needle position, exactly, but we're just looking to keep adding offensive talent in hopes we someday will do something with it.

Quote:

Baltimore: QuikSand takes FB Kristopher Hillhouse with the 2.17 pick.

Run Blocking59<->87
Pass Blocking52<->80
Blocking Strength48<->76
Power Inside35<->63
Third Down Running14<->42
Hole Recognition43<->71
Blitz Pickup71<->100
Avoid Drops72<->100
Route Running72<->100
Third Down Catching72<->100
Endurance35<->64
Special Teams65<->93

HT
WT
RAW
ADJ
DASH
SOL
BENCH
AGI
BRJU
POS
%DEV

Seems like a nice H-back type. No idea how to, you know, do that or anything, but sure.
Old 06-17-2020, 09:14 AM   #1030
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

I'm curious to see how you use Hillhouse, he's definitely an interesting fella.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:00 AM   #1031
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
I'm curious to see how you use Hillhouse, he's definitely an interesting fella.

Agreed, though I'm not sure I'm the right guy to max him out. Anyway, he will at least get a look at TE, especially given some instability with chem (deets to follow).
Old 06-17-2020, 11:05 AM   #1032
QuikSand
lolzcat

FA transactions... with big chem news (my bad):

FL Brad Franz
FA Stage 6
re-signed as an unrestricted free agent

SE Orlando Craver
FA Stage 6
turned down a contract offer: 3yrs, $48,000,000.

FB Daryl Martin
FA Stage 6
signed as an unrestricted free agent from Green Bay: 3yrs, $18,000,000.

RDE Hector Akin
FA Stage 6
signed as an unrestricted free agent from New Orleans: 2yrs, $18,000,000.

RB Lincoln Ayi
FA Stage 6
turned down a contract offer: 2yrs, $16,000,000.

SE Cameron Booker
FA Stage 6
signed as an unrestricted free agent from San Diego: 3yrs, $30,000,000.

TE Ronald Austin
FA Stage 7
turned down a contract offer: 2yrs, $13,000,000.

LDE Tevin Barker
FA Stage 7
signed as an unrestricted free agent from Dallas: 3yrs, $23,400,000.

So, somehow last season I neglected to extend my group leader TE Austin. After multiple stages with no other interest, he gets signed away by Atlanta. Can't tell whether this is a chemistry move for them, or just a BPA thing - but the offer was aggressive as a 1yr offer. So, I lose my group leader. Well, my rookie WRs are both 4-5 guys, and my rookie FB(TE?) is a 6-7 guy -- so it's not out of the question we just try to rebuild around a new leader from the 2-3 group. Not sure the plan from here, I handled this poorly.

DE Barker will be a pass rush presence. WR Franz is on a salary-only cut-ready deal, but might play decoy this season with his high RR and high cohesion. No deep details elsewhere.
Old 06-17-2020, 11:37 AM   #1033
QuikSand
lolzcat

More draft updates from Ravens HQ:

Quote:

Baltimore: QuikSand takes DT Kevin Turnbull with the 3.16 pick.

Run Defense11<->42
Pass Rush Technique69<->100
Pass Rush Strength13<->44
Man-to-Man Defense11<->42
Zone Defense10<->41
Bump-and-Run Defense11<->42
Play Diagnosis17<->48
Punishing Hitter46<->77
Endurance69<->100
Special Teams4<->35

HT
WT
RAW
ADJ
DASH
SOL
BENCH
AGI
BRJU
POS
%DEV
-

Hoping what I thin I see here is true - shift him outside, probably, and set him as a pure edge rusher. Non-voids everywhere is modestly encouraging, but he's only the pick here to do one thing. It's just the one thing that i want someone to come do for us. #EarPinner

Quote:

Baltimore: QuikSand takes G Perry Kendrick with the 4.15 pick.

Run Blocking72<->100
Pass Blocking31<->59
Blocking Strength42<->70
Endurance52<->80

HT
WT
RAW
ADJ
DASH
SOL
BENCH
AGI
BRJU
POS
%DEV
-

4% development isn't ideal, but this is round four, not round two. If that maxed-out RB bar holds up, this guy could actually be valuable to us. I needed to add a G to the roster anyhow, and we'll see if this guy might be able to get his battery of starts right from the get go. About my usual level of intrigue for a 4th round pick.
Old 06-17-2020, 06:17 PM   #1034
QuikSand
lolzcat

More Baltimore draft picks:

Quote:

Baltimore: QuikSand takes FB Branden Ricker with the 5.8 pick.

Run Blocking72<->100
Pass Blocking49<->77
Blocking Strength40<->69
Power Inside36<->65
Third Down Running34<->62
Hole Recognition26<->55
Blitz Pickup54<->83
Avoid Drops51<->80
Route Running45<->73
Third Down Catching11<->39
Endurance52<->80
Special Teams55<->83

HT
WT
RAW
ADJ
DASH
SOL
BENCH
AGI
BRJU
POS
%DEV

...another offensive chesspiece...

Quote:

Baltimore: QuikSand takes CB Darrell Burroughs with the 5.14 pick.

Run Defense18<->49
Man-to-Man Defense51<->82
Zone Defense12<->43
Bump-and-Run Defense57<->88
Play Diagnosis55<->86
Punishing Hitter30<->61
Interceptions0<->31
Punt Returning0<->31
Kick Returning69<->100
Endurance54<->85
Special Teams69<->100

HT
WT
RAW
ADJ
DASH
SOL
BENCH
AGI
BRJU
POS
%DEV

And the one of my favorite FOF moments... looking at my "list" for he next draft pick, and then I'm underwhelmed, so I decide maybe I should do a couple more quick sorts just to see if I missed something and then... HOW IS THIS GUY STILL HERE?

Okay, probably no big deal, but a high-personality affinity DB with high dev % and potentially maxed out special teams and kick returning? Can this guy be for real? How did I miss him before? Beats me. Let's see if he's worth anything.
Old 06-17-2020, 07:25 PM   #1035
QuikSand
lolzcat

Old 06-17-2020, 07:27 PM   #1036
QuikSand
lolzcat

Hmmm, just wrote up my first 4 picks from WAS, and it shows up as an empty post. Great.

1 big time tackle
2 intriguing CB
3 unexciting edge
4 workmanlike linebacker
5-6-7 stay tuned, maybe specialists ahead

That's what we get for try #2.
Old 06-18-2020, 07:47 AM   #1037
QuikSand
lolzcat

Free agency rounding out... a few signings of consequence here:

Baltimore Ravens
QuikSand
LDE Ethan Anthony
1 year, $8,000,000 (Bonus: $0K. Salary: $8.0M.)
Baltimore Ravens
QuikSand
SILB Rodolfo Beardslee
3 years, $22,800,000 (Bonus: $9.3M. Salary: $4.5M, $4.5M, $4.5M.)
Baltimore Ravens
QuikSand
TE Alvin Bush
2 years, $13,000,000 (Bonus: $20K. Salary: $6.5M, $6.5M.)
Baltimore Ravens
QuikSand
TE Elijah Covington
3 years, $48,000,000 (Bonus: $33.0M. Salary: $5.0M, $5.0M, $5.0M.)
Baltimore Ravens
QuikSand
QB Jackson Denny
2 years, $8,330,000 (Bonus: $20K. Salary: $3.8M, $4.5M.)
Baltimore Ravens
QuikSand
RT Josiah Kratzer
1 year, $3,400,000 (Bonus: $0K. Salary: $3.4M.)
Baltimore Ravens
QuikSand
LDE Terrell Mealey
2 years, $10,100,000 (Bonus: $40K. Salary: $5.0M, $5.0M.)
Baltimore Ravens
QuikSand
SLB Edgar Peterson
2 years, $20,600,000 (Bonus: $10.6M. Salary: $5.0M, $5.0M.)
Baltimore Ravens
QuikSand
FL Rusty Reinsel
2 years, $7,640,000 (Bonus: $20K. Salary: $3.8M, $3.8M.)
Baltimore Ravens
QuikSand
FB D.J. Shepherd
1 year, $6,500,000 (Bonus: $0K. Salary: $6.5M.)

TE Covington is the obvious "who?" moment here - 7th year guy, does everything pretty well, and we had cap space. Career ypt is under 7 and that's distressing, but again - I'm just trying to accumulate pieces here. A comparable talent at WR would have been great, but for now, he may well be our TE1.

FB Shepherd is a chemistry puzzle piece - he likely spends this year either at TE or OL, as a patchover leader.

LB Peterson is just a good fit, and a cohesion/chem asset, so I got pushed into overpaying for him in a bidding war. No crisis, at least we won the war.

LB Beardslee is a 6th year run stopper, guy we likely slot in at WLB - not a star but he should be useful, we were thin.
Old 06-18-2020, 07:55 AM   #1038
QuikSand
lolzcat

BAL is now at 58 players on the roster, with a few more targets out there and a draft class about to land. We are going to have a lot of wheat/chaff decisions ahead. Several of these guys are on cut-friendly contracts, but not all of them. Alas...we're not really facing a cap crisis. More of an "overall talent" crisis.

KC signed our old QB Ivan Wolf...the idea of bidding to keep him flitted in my mind, but apparently never clicked enough to make an offer. So, I reckon that leaves us with Levine again this year.
Old 06-18-2020, 07:58 AM   #1039
QuikSand
lolzcat

As a side note, I don't know what Ben is doing down in Atlanta. I have butted heads with him on several players - it seems like he's building his QB stable around the same 7-8/8-9/11-12 triad that my WAS team's offense is mainly framed with - so he just outbid me for a QB2 level guy, which is fine. But I don't see signs of any other deep thinking... frex, last stage he big HEAVY to lure away my TE leader, who now lands on his team as a group leader with no meaningful WR/TE connections, and out of sync with the QB group. I don't get it.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:50 AM   #1040
QuikSand
lolzcat

The BELCO Scouting Service has rated the Baltimore Draft (admittedly with its two first rounders) as: #2 overall !!!

BAL
QuikSand
1(18) SE Warren Behne 47/68
1(11) SE Parker VanCaeyzeele 40/62
3(16) RDT Kevin Turnbull 29/42
2(17) FB Kristopher Hillhouse 41/66
4(15) RG Perry Kendrick 16/67
5(14) RCB Darrell Burroughs 27/45
5(8) FB Branden Ricker 32/59
1(18) SE Warren Behne 47/68
1(11) SE Parker VanCaeyzeele 40/62
3(16) RDT Kevin Turnbull 29/42
2(17) FB Kristopher Hillhouse 41/66
4(15) RG Perry Kendrick 16/67
5(14) RCB Darrell Burroughs 27/45
5(8) FB Branden Ricker 32/59

Both our receivers grade out very nicely in the initial look, and we're getting good marks down the line. Delightful.

With my own "sneak peek" I see much the same. Love this group. Great timing, as my interest in the team may have been flagging a bit.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:55 AM   #1041
QuikSand
lolzcat

Some other complications... most notably, DE Helming is holding out, not a shock. He is thinking $70m/yr...and I am having major trouble swallowing that figure. He's a very good player, but a run-stopping DE in my 3-4... I don't feel like that's honestly a premium position. He's been getting pressure but it's been more for lack of alternatives. My plan had been to let him walk into free agency, and see if we could bring him back more reasonably, knowing that AVAILABLE would be in tune with his wishes, and I'd likely just lose him. To extend him, it would surely force me to release QB Levine (not a huge loss) but what else?
Old 06-19-2020, 08:57 AM   #1042
QuikSand
lolzcat

..also S Jake Conners is suspended for the year. In a zero-injury league, this is the bad dice roll. Fortunately we are loaded at DB, this won't hurt a bit and may free him up to reneg down next season. Zero concern here.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:00 AM   #1043
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Would like to see a boost or two post camp...
Old 06-19-2020, 09:21 AM   #1044
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, I use my T tight end a good deal as a passing target in 12 formations. I'm wondering if there's a way to thread a needle here, and try to use a guy like rookie FB Hillhouse in an H-back role, where he's formally slotted as a fullback, gets used as a lead blocker, but in that particular formation, he releases a lot for air targets (like maybe 50-60 of them in a season).

It's tough to know how to use a guy like this. He's 228 lbs, so technically too light to shift to TE, probably... and at only 5-11 he'd likely suffer a height penalty, whatever that is. But just playing in that role... maybe? or, should my thinking go in the other direction, and should I try to get him to lose weight, and see if a switch to RB makes sense? Hole Rec 45/52 not bad. Hmmmm. Or, I suppose, I could give him a season like this to just toss around and do a little bit of everything... get him those H-back targets, slot him in as our RB in one formation, use him as a lead blocker and special teamer, and see if that feels like a job worthy of an early draft pick.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:19 AM   #1045
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay, later free agency. I often find a few jewels among the post-draft rookie class, but this year the pickings seemed unusually slim. Still a few signings to comment on:

(hmm having pasting problems)

SLB Harvey LaForest
Late FA Stage 1
signed as an unrestricted free agent from Miami: 2yrs, $7,250,000.

TE Vinny Money
Late FA Stage 1

SLB Gilbert Michl
Late FA Stage 2
signed as a free agent: 3yrs, $22,800,000.

FL B.J. Woods
Late FA Stage 2

SILB Greg Raymond
Late FA Stage 2
signed as an unrestricted free agent from New Orleans: 2yrs, $7,250,000.

FB Mercury Szymanski
Late FA Stage 2
signed as a free agent: 2yrs, $5,240,000.

RCB Erik Jamison
Late FA Stage 2

TE Ronald Austin
Late FA Stage 3
signed as a free agent: 2yrs, $9,100,000.

Well, well, well, TE Ronald Austin. So, you got your $5m signing bonus from Ben and his Falcons, and now you're back home like a wandering dog in heat. Well, you're in luck, because we really need you. And we're deep enough at TE that you're actually worth more to us as a minsal bench guy than as a money guy with cohesion. So... I hope you learned your lesson. (No need to splash on Ben here, I just assume he was chemifying, needed some bonus cash to land this guy for one possible option, and then ruled out that option)

LB Michl isn't thrilling, but at a relatively thin position, he's a good enough fit to make a move here with some real money. Late career guy, becomes our best overall LB, and is a huge chem asset. So, we're not in "give up" mode, at least.

LB Ramond might be the next guy who lands in BAL after being cast off as a draft bust, finds a home, and sticks around for a decade. Big personality, decent at two things I care about (RunD and Zone), and not much here to compete with for the LB4/5/6 job. LB Laforest likely has a tougher road ahead to make the team, but he has one major advantage - his chemistry is pre-attained through getting 8 starts elsewhere. There could be room for both.

I was fully ready for WR Woods to walk, but ended up putting in an offer, and he's back. WR will be a tricky position with the two rookies, but I'll enjoy sorting that out.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:24 AM   #1046
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quick personnel note. I am simply not paying DE Helming his $70m/yr. He'll be cut. It's a loss, but one that was easy enough to see coming when I used an early draft pick on a run-stopping DL. Just a mistake I need to avoid.

Our D-line is going to be shaky, it's an area of need. Not sure I want to spend early draft picks there as much as I did for a while, but... well, never say never.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:50 AM   #1047
QuikSand
lolzcat

The rookie class looks really good, nothing new there. Preseason movement will help inform things there, but - early assessment is that we got two long term assets at WR (though probably not a serious top-drawer WR1), three interesting FB/TE guys, a borderline asset for the interior OL, a rotation-caliber pass rusher, and a great find at CB/KR/ST. Best in years and years.

For anyone who might have listened to Round Two of Squirrel and QuikSand, I'll offer quick impressions on the two receivers... he liked my second guy Behne more than my first guy VanCaeyzeele. At this point, Behne does look like the true split end I had hoped for, with non-zero endurance around 15 or so - we'll take it. But he won't have maxed-out top ratings, more like 75-80 by my scouts thus far. I'm fine with that, but he likely isn't a guy rivaling the top two receivers in overall quality. PVC (I like that) looks like a jackknife type...projecting in the 60-75 range in most things, but disappointingly only 50 in route running, which might serve as an overall utility ceiling. Long term asset, but probably more of a WR3 type than a WR1, sadly.
Old 06-22-2020, 01:27 PM   #1048
QuikSand
lolzcat

DC BUREAU

Okay, we have an active late free agency, as the reshuffling frenzy continues. I'll spare the gory details, but will post the list of transactions for this stage to illustrate:

RDE Tre Devlin
Late FA Stage 1
has begun a contract holdout
RDE Tre Devlin
Late FA Stage 1
released
RCB Lionel Daniels
Late FA Stage 1
Changed position from FS to CB
SS Nathan Giles
Late FA Stage 1
released
LCB Ellis Cassidy
Late FA Stage 1
Changed position from RCB to CB
RCB Elias Warren
Late FA Stage 1
released
RCB Gary Lowe
Late FA Stage 1
Changed position from LCB to CB
LCB Britt Smith
Late FA Stage 1
released
QB Emmett Perkins
Late FA Stage 1
released
RG Omar Wilkins
Late FA Stage 1
released
FL Damon Malone
Late FA Stage 1
signed a renegotiated contract: 4yrs, $124,000,000.
RB Jerald Hoyle
Late FA Stage 1
released
QB Bryce McGriff
Late FA Stage 1
released
K Hugh Grier
Late FA Stage 1
released
RG Salvador Strayhorn
Late FA Stage 1
released
RT Kevin Cook
Late FA Stage 1
LDE Ellis Shehee
Late FA Stage 1
signed as a free agent: 1yrs, $4,500,000.
RG Donnell Hutchins
Late FA Stage 1
turned down a contract offer: 2yrs, $5,980,000.
TE Rich Wilson
Late FA Stage 1
LS Zach Hutton
Late FA Stage 1
signed as a free agent: 2yrs, $4,820,000.
WILB Manuel Walsh
Late FA Stage 2
signed as a free agent: 2yrs, $9,000,000.
SLB Luke Drain
Late FA Stage 2
signed as an unrestricted free agent from Pittsburgh: 1yrs, $4,700,000.
FL Enrique Meyers
Late FA Stage 2
turned down a contract offer: 2yrs, $5,240,000.
FL Riddick Muscarella
Late FA Stage 2
signed as a free agent: 1yrs, $4,400,000.
K Bill Fletcher
Late FA Stage 2
QB Tyler Dawkins
Late FA Stage 3
turned down a contract offer: 1yrs, $9,000,000.
LT Luther Cobb
Late FA Stage 3
LS Leroy Blake
Late FA Stage 3
FL Alexander Keith
Late FA Stage 3
K Terrell Fine
Late FA Stage 3
signed as a free agent: 1yrs, $4,000,000.
SS Clifton Rice
Late FA Stage 3
SS Reginald Boyd
Late FA Stage 3

Not some cockeyed effort to mess around, I'm just...well, I'm messing around. Anyhow, I'm cycling out marginal players and replacing them with "good fit" players who will get on board with the plan here.

One thing that is definitely going to be annoying - Ben's Atlanta team seems to have settled on the same affinity triad for his QBs than we have (and for us, two of three offensive groups). So, that's an added challenge.

By the way, our 8th round rookie WR Alexander is going to stick and be useful, he'll be a gunner over time and maybe even a WR4. Nice grab on a one-year salary-only deal there.

In other news, our 3rd round RB, drafted for the purposes of a switch to WR, turns out to (I think) have a hidden void in big play receiving... so we'll keep him at RB for the time being, but I wouldn't have used the pick if we knew he was going to just plug in as another body in a crowded field of mediocre young backs. Alas, such are the risks of a move like that. Might make a good topic for a video chat, eh?

Last edited by QuikSand : 06-22-2020 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 10:11 AM   #1049
QuikSand
lolzcat

Here's a roster dump as we prepare to cut down to 60 in today's stage:

Code:
Front Office Football Eight Baltimore Ravens Roster, Scout Overview Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Levine, Salvador 105 QB 7 45 45 4 yrs. Denny, Jackson 109 QB 7 29 29 2 yrs. Justin, Evan 115 QB 2 16 28 3 yrs. Walsh, Amir 120 QB 3 15 31 1 yr. Bush, Edwin 230 RB 5 53 53 2 yrs. Schweigert, Bernie 222 RB 5 48 48 2 yrs. Trimble, Vince 234 RB 1 34 45 2 yrs. Martin, Daryl 342 FB 7 55 55 3 yrs. Hillhouse, Kristopher 349 FB 1 48 67 4 yrs. Ricker, Branden 344 FB 1 38 60 4 yrs. Szymanski, Mercury 328 FB 1 37 49 2 yrs. Schroeder, Charles 340 FB 7 30 30 1 yr. Covington, Elijah 484 TE 7 63 63 3 yrs. Ogden, Leon 448 TE 3 56 56 2 yrs. Bush, Alvin 489 TE 5 44 44 2 yrs. Money, Vinny 446 TE 3 40 40 2 yrs. Polley, Wade 441 TE 2 32 33 1 yr. Terrell, Devan 482 TE 8 31 31 2 yrs. Austin, Ronald 480 TE 9 26 26 2 yrs. Franz, Brad 517 FL 11 48 48 1 yr. Woods, B.J. 583 FL 4 45 45 3 yrs. VanCaeyzeele, Parker 511 FL 1 44 64 4 yrs. ##Booker, Cameron 588 FL 5 43 43 3 yrs. Kesselman, Trent 531 FL 2 28 32 2 yrs. Bridges, Buddy 585 FL 2 26 34 3 yrs. Behne, Warren 518 SE 1 52 74 4 yrs. Stocz, Lonnie 512 SE 6 50 50 2 yrs. Conway, Marco 516 SE 8 19 19 2 yrs. Glode, J.R. 670 C 5 73 73 3 yrs. Shepherd, D.J. 662 C 11 2 5 1 yr. Fattel, Jackie 765 LG 4 32 42 2 yrs. Kendrick, Perry 768 RG 1 22 65 4 yrs. Shepherd, Tyrus 863 LT 9 81 81 3 yrs. O'Donnell, Miguel 861 LT 4 75 75 5 yrs. Clements, Nate 874 LT 6 55 55 2 yrs. Odom, Arnold 860 LT 5 49 53 1 yr. Jennings, Caiden 878 RT 3 29 36 2 yrs. Kratzer, Josiah 866 RT 2 19 36 1 yr. Frederick, Edwin 904 P 11 47 47 1 yr. Thomas, Mario 1003K 5 86 86 3 yrs. Woods, Lorenzo 1159LDE 6 52 52 2 yrs. Anthony, Ethan 1198LDE 10 47 47 1 yr. Barker, Tevin 1195LDE 5 42 42 3 yrs. Turnbull, Kevin 1191LDE 1 34 44 4 yrs. Baxter, Gilbert 1179LDE 8 17 17 1 yr. Scott, Justics 1292NT 7 51 51 1 yr. Schneider, Gavin 1297NT 6 37 37 2 yrs. Beardslee, Rodolfo 1354SILB 6 53 53 3 yrs. Raymond, Greg 1390SILB 4 44 44 2 yrs. Givens, Dana 1352SILB 5 40 40 1 yr. Schenk, Rich 1356WILB 3 58 58 1 yr. Roybal, Giovanni 1350WILB 5 36 36 1 yr. Michl, Gilbert 1455SLB 9 61 61 3 yrs. Thomas, Burt 1447SLB 2 45 45 1 yr. Peterson, Edgar 1451SLB 7 42 42 2 yrs. LaForest, Harvey 1453SLB 4 42 42 2 yrs. Thill, Moe 1457WLB 2 38 38 3 yrs. Lentzner, Kody 1538LCB 7 70 70 4 yrs. Maas, Josue 1524LCB 7 69 69 3 yrs. Bernardino, Shaun 1507RCB 5 66 66 4 yrs. Calmus, Collin 1539RCB 6 53 53 3 yrs. Wiggins, Les 1526RCB 3 49 49 2 yrs. Vaughn, Shawn 1506RCB 4 29 29 2 yrs. Burroughs, Darrell 1537RCB 1 28 47 4 yrs. Patterson, Mitchell 1536RCB 3 22 33 2 yrs. McCormick, Kendrick 1633SS 7 47 47 1 yr. $$Conners, Jake 1629FS 6 44 44 3 yrs. Padilla, Dustin 1625FS 4 44 44 3 yrs. Tamburrino, Toby 669 LS 9 17 17 1 yr. $$ - player is suspended, ## - player is inactive, ** = player is injured, %% - player is on IR. Players Under Contract: 69 Front Office Football Eight Inactive: 1 On Active Roster: 67 Salary Cap: $694,500,000 Cap Room: $6,490,000 Maximum for New Player: $9,480,000 Cap Room Lost (to old contracts): $40,710,000 Cap Room Lost Next Year (to old contracts): $60,000 Cap Room Required Next Year: $616,160,000
Old 06-23-2020, 10:19 AM   #1050
QuikSand
lolzcat

Cut to 60

I don't think DJ Shepherd is going to make it. Had him temporarily slotted as a reserve OL, but all he adds there is a little gravity to our existing three affinities - just not enough of an impact to occupy a roster slot by the end of the line here. We'll just suffer though a tough stretch here without a good framework in place.

I'm actually excited about pre-camp pickup RB Vince Trimble, and he adds to the factors portending poorly for Mr. Liverwurst. But my scout sees 30/45, I expect that to bump a bit, and he may well factor in, get starts this year, and click in that 92 affinity. He'll make the 53 barring a preseason collapse. Liverwurst now has to watch our rookie CB who is competing against him for the same KR/ST combo that made him our alleged build-around back.