Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #451
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Everyone heads into the meeting room as non hits. Everyone is nervous and scared, you have already helped the Insiders by killing one of your own. Accusatons abound.

You sit in the room and wait. Nothing happens? Then you begin to look around. Someone is not in the room. Where is Schmidty?

"Your services are no longer needed!" You hear echoing from somewhere in the building. A faint scream, a woman's scream.

You rush out of the conference room and search frantically.

"Oh my God!!!" Someone screams.

You rush to see what happened and there you see a lifeless body with a powder blue dagger securing a pink slip to the body, to a woman's body. She didn't work there, why her? Joanna has been killed, if she had only worn more flare than the minimum it may have stopped the dagger.

Schmidty was Joanna.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #452
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The next cycle begins.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:19 PM   #453
Danny
Head Coach

That sucks. Considering Schmidy's support for Clap, I think it's clear who he is. Hopefully our BG protected Chief Rum tonight.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:20 PM   #454
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yes, thank you Danny. On he off chance that it might have escaped the wolf's attention I'm glad you put it in the open for all to know.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:22 PM   #455
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Yes, thank you Danny. On he off chance that it might have escaped the wolf's attention I'm glad you put it in the open for all to know.

Uh, you really think any possible combination of players as wolves would be that stupid?
Old 04-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #456
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

jeez, talk about a lucky shot for the wolves
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #457
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Good Lord. My team is playing in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, and I'm posting in a fricking WW thread.

They are? It sure as hell doesn't seem like it!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:25 PM   #458
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Everyone heads into the meeting room as non hits. Everyone is nervous and scared, you have already helped the Insiders by killing one of your own. Accusatons abound.

You sit in the room and wait. Nothing happens? Then you begin to look around. Someone is not in the room. Where is Schmidty?

"Your services are no longer needed!" You hear echoing from somewhere in the building. A faint scream, a woman's scream.

You rush to see what happened and there you see a lifeless body with a powder blue dagger securing a pink slip to the body, to a woman's body. She didn't work there, why her? Joanna has been killed, if she had only worn more flare than the minimum it may have stopped the dagger.

Schmidty was Joanna.

doh, sorry to see you go Schmidty -- at least we didn't lose Peter
Old 04-06-2009, 09:26 PM   #459
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
jeez, talk about a lucky shot for the wolves

I don't think it was that lucky, I saw a link between both players myself during my exchange with Schmidty in the afternoon. I originally thought it could be a wolf link, but that turned out not be right and I never brought it back up hoping no one had noticed.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #460
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I had missed the connection but it was a good fake. I look forward to seeing what the scan was and am hoping for a good hit with it.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #461
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, that was an interesting night. I'm heading out and hope to be in by afternoon tomorrow. Things to ponder here, including this powder blue dagger.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:34 PM   #462
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
EF suggests that Mods will take down my pic... im Joanna and can PM with the seer.... thats about it...

I'm confused.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #463
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Well, that was an interesting night. I'm heading out and hope to be in by afternoon tomorrow. Things to ponder here, including this powder blue dagger.

I have received PM's about the dagger. Very good thinking as this is what I would like to encourage in the game but this item is not a usable item. Keep thinking like that though. The important part of that was the color (not important for anything but who got killed with the game going on). I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. Please continue to ask about anything though, there are some surprises out there.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:17 PM   #464
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Schmidty was not a random killing FYI. Someone very good at this game is calling the shots. I had Schmidty pegged as the seer as there was a link between him and Clap on day 1 that I picked up on. Someone who thinks like me is on the side of no good. If I had to make a guess I would say Barkeep as he always seems to pick up on the things I pick up on.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #465
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post

The wolves that killed Schmidty were not going to miss on that. Like I said this was not random.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:48 PM   #466
hoopsguy
General Manager

Oh, well. First time for everything (dying D1 to vote). Good luck the rest of the way, villagers. And I'll make sure that when my game comes up next that those who voted for me get lousy roles
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:49 PM   #467
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well damn that sucks in all sorts of ways, sorry hoops
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:47 AM   #468
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not surprised.

Despite our spat I have the utmost respect and admiration for CR as a player and duking the vote today wouldn't have been a great play and CR knows that.

Lathum is exactly correct. My order was always conditional, only based on if clap was getting the noose or myself. After a first ten emotional moments where I oettily put it on Lathum, I decided what I always knew, which was that Lathum was likely not a wolf, and this was just a dumb misunderstanding between two hotheads. So I switched the lynch target to myself, figuring lynching myself was the only way to be sure I didn't lynch the seer or the BG on accident. Plus, with myself already revealed, my value was much lessened anyway, so losing me was not so big a loss. At least now the BG has something to think about tonight.

In any case, my conditional order was never triggered, so nothing happened but a straight lynch. I would have protected hoops if I could, but I really had no reason to. I had a reason to protect myself and clap, but that was it. Anyone else, I was as likely to protect a wolf as a villager. hoops is one of my favorite players to go up against, so that it ended up being him was frustrating. But someone had to go, and it was down to hoops or maybe Abe, and I didn't want either of those guys out of the game (or at least not until they're shown to be wolves anyway).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:59 AM   #469
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Well Chief, Clap, Schmidty and Lathum supplied the late run on Hoops. Maybe you guys can explain why you went after him.

I explained when I voted. At the time, hoops was the third candidate. I also had mistakenly misread hoop's votes to be three votes, instead of the actual two. At the time of my vote, it was clap 5, abe 4, hoops 2 (but 3 in my mind). If I voted for abe, there would be a tie and no lynch. If I voted for clap, I would condemn clap for no reason. Voting for hoops at that point did nothing but elevate him more into the discussion. The vote itself didn't even put him even with the top vote getter, even if you consider I thought he had three votes.

Point is, I didn't like the options and I didn't think Abe versus clap were producing much in the way of useful information. So I moved up hoops, in the hopes we could get more meaningful movement on one of the three candidates and also figuring with three options, we were more likely to have a wolf in the three just on odds.

Then clap revealed, Lathum and I started our disagreement and that led to my reveal. It suddenly became a hoops vs Abe thing in the last minutes. Why that went to hoops instead of Abe, I guess you'll have to ask those voters on either side.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:05 AM   #470
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Also need the above mentioned 4 to explain why they were willing to kill Hoops and not Abe. I think that is something that is important at this point.

It wasn't something specific to either of them. If it happened that Abe had 3 votes (in my mind) and hoops had 4 votes, I would have voted for Abe and the exact same thing might have happened, but with Abe's neck in the noose. So, for me, it was just as I have in the post above, all about creating discussion and forcing action.

As I said from the first time I put in my vote, I actually didn't like any of the three as candidates, but I sure wasn't going to throw out a useless vote on someone not in the mix, or add another "candidate" to a lengthy list of votegetters. Fact is, for all my action was key and others, like Lathum or Schmidty, fact is, the village as a whole (and likely all three wolves) had a hand in setting the table for what happened. The late voters just voted for the top candidates. The early voters determined who the top candidates would be.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:09 AM   #471
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
how would I possibly know that, CR made no indication he was going to duke to me if it was tied.

I think thats being a bit presumptous

This is trie. I never put in a conditional in case of a tie vote, although I think I will put in a standing conditional for that eventuality in the future, so that we don't have to fear a no lynch while I am alive and still have my power.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:09 AM   #472
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

trie is poor typing for "true". I am agreeing with Lathum's assessment above.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:11 AM   #473
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Good Lord. My team is playing in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, and I'm posting in a fricking WW thread.

Maybe Izzo and half the team was posting in the WW thread instead, too.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:16 AM   #474
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Schmidty was Joanna.

Well, that sucks. Quite surprising.

I have a theory on how Schmidty bought it tonight (instead of more obvious choices like myself and clap), but it's really based on nothing, and better if I kept it quiet. Fact is, the wolves might have just avoided me and clap altogether and just got lucky.

Now the debate on clap begins...

Old 04-07-2009, 06:40 AM   #475
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

vote passacaglia
vote protect me tongiht

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:40 AM   #476
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

at least hoops didnt die for nothing

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 06:43 AM   #477
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

also, without quoting my PM.... I feel pass is lumberg

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 06:46 AM   #478
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'll follow you on this Claphamsa.

vote passacaglia
Old 04-07-2009, 07:15 AM   #479
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Vote Pass

What made you scan him clap? And FTR, a 1-1 wolf/seer is a fine trade-off in my mind.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:17 AM   #480
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I was looking for good players who tended to mess me up

CR was my first choice, but I changed the order before i went ot bed....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:34 AM   #481
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Pass

I assume he was your scan last night clap?
Old 04-07-2009, 07:36 AM   #482
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Well, that sucks. Quite surprising.

I have a theory on how Schmidty bought it tonight (instead of more obvious choices like myself and clap), but it's really based on nothing, and better if I kept it quiet. Fact is, the wolves might have just avoided me and clap altogether and just got lucky.

Now the debate on clap begins...

I feel it was obvious Schmidty and Clap were connected after Clap's reveal yesterday. It was obvious to me in much that same way that Danny and Poli were connected in the last game. Last game I believe I was the only one to pick up on that, however in this game it appears in this game someone else picked up on it. Someone on the side of no good. I stand by my belief that Schmidty was not a random kill. Someone made that connection and killed him because of it.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:38 AM   #483
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Vote Passa

Old 04-07-2009, 07:39 AM   #484
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Final Votes

hoopsguy 6 - The Jackal (165), Lathum (356)
claphamsa 5 - Danny (181), Autumn (222), Abe

I would like to take a look at one of these five for the next day if Pass is going to go runaway on Claphamsa's advice.

Lathum voted and then unvoted Pass first and then put a vote on Claphamsa and finally put a vote on Hoops. Yeah, I voted Hoops as well but if Pass is bad, the unvote looks bad, the vote on Claph (and no, he wasn't the only one) doesn't look good, and the ultimate vote on Hoops is bad as well.

I would assume though that somewhere in those five we have at least one wolf pushing the Hoops or Claphamsa lynch. I wouldn't be surprised to see them split with Pass on Claphamsa and then maybe Jackal or Lathum as the other. It's worth looking at, IMO.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:49 AM   #485
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
The piling on seems to be happening early today. I'll join in with the cube mob mentality.

VOTE PASSACAGLIA
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:52 AM   #486
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I would like to take a look at one of these five for the next day if Pass is going to go runaway on Claphamsa's advice.

Lathum voted and then unvoted Pass first and then put a vote on Claphamsa and finally put a vote on Hoops. Yeah, I voted Hoops as well but if Pass is bad, the unvote looks bad, the vote on Claph (and no, he wasn't the only one) doesn't look good, and the ultimate vote on Hoops is bad as well.

I would assume though that somewhere in those five we have at least one wolf pushing the Hoops or Claphamsa lynch. I wouldn't be surprised to see them split with Pass on Claphamsa and then maybe Jackal or Lathum as the other. It's worth looking at, IMO.

I'm getting more heat because my vote was self defense AND claphamsa voted for me first?

Old 04-07-2009, 08:37 AM   #487
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Abe, I eliminated the people that are known/assumed good OR assumed bad (waiting on Pass' lynch) and that is all. I don't believe I specifically pointed out anything regarding your vote there, except that in the group I would like to take a hard look for a wolf.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:39 AM   #488
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Hmm. I love the smell of bandwagon in the morning.Going to have to see what I can dig up here.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:43 AM   #489
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
also, without quoting my PM.... I feel pass is lumberg

First, I guess I'd like to get this figured out. Are you just talking about your PM, or is there something analysis there as well?
Old 04-07-2009, 08:53 AM   #490
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

"There will be an office wide meeting in the conference room at three."

The intercom springs to life. Life? Not the best choice of words for today.

You try to pass the time without thinking about the awful events of the morning but it weighs heavily on your conscience... except for those few soulless ones who have no conscience.

One of you notices that Joanna's body is gone, as is hoops'. hoops' desk has seemingly been emptied out and all that remains are memories of him sitting in the cubicle and typing mindlessly, when he wasn't playing solitaire.

All that remains of Joanna are Peter's fond memories.

What was a normal office building just hours before is now a constant reminder of what can happen when greed goes bad, terribly bad.

"We must strike back!" A pre-emptive strike at 2:00. We will try again and keep trying until we can eliminate these Insiders, these soulless zombies.

You look at your watch, it's 12:45. These last 45 minutes have drug on forever. You just know that the next hour and fifteen are going to be the longest 75 minutes of your life. You know it's going to feel more like 10 hours.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #491
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Tonight I'm going to see Leno at the Palace, so I will not be in from about 6 until around 11 or so. Just letting you all know ahead of time.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:15 AM   #492
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was looking for good players who tended to mess me up

CR was my first choice, but I changed the order before i went ot bed....

My reveal sorta through ya, huh?

Old 04-07-2009, 09:18 AM   #493
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

VOTE PASSACAGLIA

Looks like my ability won't be needed (which means it will go unused, assuming I buy it tonight).

Old 04-07-2009, 09:19 AM   #494
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
My reveal sorta through ya, huh?

Or maybe "threw" ya.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:28 AM   #495
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I was tempted not to post this, but you really think you're going to die tonight?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #496
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Damn, I somehow missed this all weekend
Old 04-07-2009, 09:34 AM   #497
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

BK, I was of the same assumption. The BG will likely guard Claph as he's more valuable which leaves CR as our most trusted person but also leaves him vulnerable. I think the fact that he's trusted is far more important than his power but I guess I could be wrong. If I were a wolf, I would probably go after CR.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:34 AM   #498
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I was tempted not to post this, but you really think you're going to die tonight?

Why wouldn't he? He's the only one of us with a villager role that we can be certain of.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:35 AM   #499
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
First, I guess I'd like to get this figured out. Are you just talking about your PM, or is there something analysis there as well?

things that were said in the pm compared to things in the role description.... it may just be EF getting creative...

you better hope you are lumberg, or i might get another scan.....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 09:35 AM   #500
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
BK, I was of the same assumption. The BG will likely guard Claph as he's more valuable which leaves CR as our most trusted person but also leaves him vulnerable. I think the fact that he's trusted is far more important than his power but I guess I could be wrong. If I were a wolf, I would probably go after CR.

I guess there's that, too, but that probably depends on how today's vote goes down.