Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-17-2018, 07:40 AM   #1
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Turn-based Soccer? A Football: Tactics and Glory Dynasty

A post in the Steam thread referenced this game, so I tried it out and got immediately hooked.

What is it? Football: Tactics and Glory plays more like an RPG than an in depth soccer game. The turn-based aspects are not just related to team management, but also how the games play out. Each match is 48 turns long and each side gets three turns to act at a time.

The management aspects are primitive compared to FM, but there's enough there to make it fun to try and build your team up from nothing. You can buy players on the transfer market, upgrade your youth academy to get better, and players can learn special skills like Rainbow Feint or Layoff Pass that can really pay off during a game.

No matter what country you start in, the game has a static league structure:

Premiere League (18 teams)
First League (16 teams)
Second League (14 teams)
Third League (12 teams)
Amateur League (8 teams)

I've downloaded a mod for the US league that uses real MLS, USL, and Developmental teams. I will be managing the Des Moines Menace in the Amateur League.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 07:50 AM   #2
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Career Goals Scored...

Cannon - 244
Hoffman - 72
Pennington - 59
Edmondson - 57
McCullough - 56
Epperson - 49
Eller - 32
Atkins - 22
Seymour - 14
Galloway - 9
Yoder -7
Forsythe - 5
Ellison - 5
Guy - 5
Lindsey - 4
Whittington - 4
Kelley - 3
Qualls - 3
Wilkerson - 2
McCurdy -1
Lynn - 1

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 07-09-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:53 AM   #3
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Now let's take a look at our team...

Class - Obviously, this is the position for each player, but there are some specifics to note. The players with a question mark still need to learn a position, which they can only do by getting game experience. As players get experience, you can upgrade them to one of the main classes. More on that later.

Acc - The accuracy of shots on goal.
Pas - Passing skill.
Def - Defense skill, which is used when trying to stop a shot on goal, make a tackle, or intercept a pass.
Ctr - Control rating, which is the player's ability to retain possession against a tackle.
Lvl - When a player reaches a new level, their stats increase. You don't get to pick the stats but you can earn upgrades that allow you to focus improvements on one skill.
Age - Players retire at age 36.
Skills - These are special skills the players have learned.

Thoughts on the team...

Keeper - Granger is terrible, but I have no one else. That Def ratign won't stop many shots. Has an unnecessarily high pass rating. Also still needs more experience to become a full goalkeeper.

Defense - Heath and Canales are pretty good. Heath has the long pass skill, which is very useful for counter attacks and he's a Sweeper class, which means he'll automatically react to get in the way of opposing strikers. Huggins, Lawler, and McGill are not very useful. Huggins does have the Head play skill, which helps him defend opposing headers, but that's not going to happen much at this level.

Midfield - These guys are pretty good, but Redd and Barajas won't be around much longer. Major depth issue here. Barajas has the layoff pass skill, which allows him to pass ahead of a player and help him get into position to score.

Forwards - McCurdy is worthless, so Seymour (A Right Midfielder) will play as a forward on the right side. Atkins is pretty awesome and will be our top goal scorer.

Reserves - Jennings and Banuelos haven't learned a position yet and they're useless anywhere on the pitch, so will only be used when my starters are winded or injured.

Until I get more midfielders or better forwards, we'll be running a 5-3-2

Granger
McGill, Canales, Heath, Huggins, Lawler
Lance, Redd, Barajas
Atkins, Seymour

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 07-17-2018 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:22 AM   #4
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Her'es the upgrade screen, which shows different ways to upgrade your team. Throughout the season, you earn both cash and supporters shields, which are used for different upgrades.

We start the game with

Cash - $50,000
Shields - 5
Supporters - 50 (this will increase and decrease each match depending on performance).

Our stadium is big enough so I spend money upgrading my youth academy. You will get a new youth pull every 6 months. The first upgrade is $15,000 and the second is $27,000 (which increases the range to 1-10). This leaves me with $9,000. There are no urgent contract renewals, so this should be fine for now.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 07-17-2018 at 08:31 AM.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:33 AM   #5
larrymcg421
Head Coach

As you can see, the transfer list is very limited at this level. You can buy upgrades to increase the number of players and lower the age level. The only useful guy here is Nix, who I might regret not getting, but I preferred to improve the youth academy instead.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 07-17-2018 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:41 AM   #6
larrymcg421
Head Coach

The Amateur League...

2 matches against each team for a 14 match season. There is also the Prestige Cup, which is the generic national cup. There is also an international cup for the top teams in the Premiere league.

In my first playthrough, I promoted in my 2nd season. I'm not sure I want to promote faster than that, which is another reason I didn't buy that keeper.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:53 AM   #7
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Here's what the match play looks like. This screenshot is taken right after Canales stopped their first attack

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 07-17-2018 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:16 AM   #8
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Amateur League: Des Moines at Grand Rapids

Great start for our squad! Our defensive lines has an amazing game, preventing our crappy keeper from having to make any saves. Atkins and Seymour both bag a couple goals as their defense is unable to deal with Atkins accuracy or Seymour's mobility.

Score: Des Moines 4, Grand Rapids 0
Goals: Atkins 2, Seymour 2
Assists: Redd, Barajas
Possession: 66%
Top three: Atkins, Seymour, Heath

Barajas improves to level 26.
Heath improves to level 16.
Mcgill improves to level 8.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:16 AM   #9
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

This looks fun. I've had this game on my Steam Wishlist for ages so not only am I looking forward to your destiny it's possible you'll tip me over into buying it. Good luck!
thehitcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:54 PM   #10
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

I've seen some old play of this and enjoyed that, am excited for this play as well.
DavidCorperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:58 PM   #11
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

Your description and your first few posts really caught my eye, so I went over to Steam and found out more about FTG. It isn't very expensive (I'm not sure how much more I can say on the forum here), so I decided to buy it.

The early reviews from my house are very favorable! My kids (ages 14, 11, and 8) are all soccer players, and my oldest likes some turn-based games. He's already said he thinks it will be fun to try.

I'll be following along, and thanks for the idea!
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:04 AM   #12
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Thanks for reading, guys! The game is really addictive and I'm glad the dynasty is getting some people to check it out. I'll have an update soon.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 07-18-2018 at 11:04 AM.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:36 PM   #13
SirBlurton
High School Varsity

Love this game - but am absolutely awful at it - I sold off most of my players to "rush" youth development facilities....really bad idea....but in a few seasons, might be "ok"...

Will be watching with interest!
SirBlurton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:56 PM   #14
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Amateur League: Des Moines Menace (1-0-0, 1st) at Chattanooga FC (1-0-0, 3rd)

Chattanooga has a much better defensive line, so we struggle to break through until late in the first half. Unfortunately, Chattanooga quickly equalizes on the last turn of the first half when my keeper is finally tested. Neither team is able to break through in the second half.

Des Moines 1, Chattanooga 1
Goal: Atkins
Assist: Barajas
Top Three: Atkins, Barajas, Seymour

Huggins improves to lvl 13.
Lawler improves to lvl 13.

*I bought the Defender coach to increase the experience my defenders get after each match. I did this because I'm currently playing more defenders than any other position.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 07-18-2018 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:35 PM   #15
larrymcg421
Head Coach

July 29

Amateur League: Albion SC Pros (1-0-1, 5th) at Des Moines Menace (1-1-0, 2nd)

Their defense isn't very strong, so it's a little frustrating that we miss our first shot on goal and then can't get back in scoring position for the entire first half. We finally break through on a great counter attack to open the 2nd half. With time running out, a brutal foul injures Lance and he'll be out for a month. Ugh!

Final Score: Des Moines 1, Albion 0

Goals: Atkins
Assists: Redd
Top Three: Heath, Atkins, Redd

Old 07-18-2018, 06:06 PM   #16
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Aug 5th

Amateur League: Des Moines Menace (2-1-0) at Fresno Fuego (1-0-2)

I'm forced to play a weird 5-2-3 due to Lance's injury. Their keeper makes a couple great saves in the first half, but Atkins opens the 2nd half by beating two defenders and the keeper with a great shot. On our next possession, Seymour gets around the defense and puts the game out of reach. My CD Huggins pretty much shut down every attack they launched until a useless goal on the last turn of the game.

Final Score: Des Moines 2, Fresno 1
Goals: Atkins, Seymour
Assists: Barajas 2
Top Three: Huggins, Redd, McCurdy

Mcgill improves to level 9.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:34 PM   #17
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Sounds cool, I may have to look into this too. I have played most of the versions of Football Manager since 2007, but I find myself enjoying that game less and less. It has just gotten too tedious for me to enjoy, even with FM Classic
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:27 AM   #18
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Aug 12

Amateur League: Calgary Foothills FC (0-0-4, 8th) at Des Moines Menace (3-1-0, 2nd)

Redd is winded from our last match, so I have to start the useless Jennings in his place. Luckily, Calgary is terrible and both Atkins and Sweeney bag 2 goals in the 1st half. With this huge lead, I play it safe in the 2nd half to conserve energy. Atkins misses his shot for a hat trick. Heath was pretty dominant defensively and even managed a long range assist to Atkins.

Final Score: Des Moines 4, Calgary 0
Top Three: Atkins, Seymour, Barajas
Goals: Atkins 2, Seymour 2

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 07-19-2018 at 08:27 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:46 AM   #19
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

Loving this game. I picked it up, started with Tipperary FC in the bottom/amateur tier of the FAI (I also loaded all the team names mod from Steam.) I played through the first game of Season 8 yesterday (I'm at work on just under 2 hours sleep) Season 1 Promoted to League 3, Season 2 Promoted to League 2 Season 3 grabbed the last spot above relegation from League 2. Season 4 staved off relegation again. Season 5 got relegated pretty thoroughly back to League 3 (a group of older players retired.) Season 6 bounced right back up from League 3 to League 2. Season 7 got absolutely mauled as I sold my Star Keeper in the Winter window of my promotion season (6) so he didn't enter the dreaded too old to sell period. My backups weren't ready. We ended a 26 game season with 6 points. If this game could fire me I'd have been out. So season 8 I start back at Level 3 again but I have the the best bench coach you can have (so all my players get XP as though they were playing), a 5000 seat stadium that I overfill and a 2.5 star Youth pull twice a year. My team is almost all former youth and some buys that I churn. It's been a whirlwind and I can't wait to get back to it. This would be an amazing IPad game wonder if they have any plans to do that. OK sorry back to Des Moines
Old 07-19-2018, 08:54 AM   #20
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Aug 19

Amateur League: Des Moines Menace (4-1-0, 2nd) at K-W United FC (5-0-0, 1st)

We begin a stretch of 3 games in 8 days. Redd is still winded, so we run the same lineup as last week. Heath's long pass ability pays off nicely as he gets the ball to Seymour for an early goal. K-W take advantage of our terrible keeper to equalize at the half. Then a terrible pass in our own area leads to a one on one, which they convert. Thankfully, Atkins pulls off a heroic shot to equalize late in the 2nd half. Heath stops their last attack and we hold for the draw.

Final Score: Des Moines 2, K-W United 2
Top Three: Heath, Seymour, Barajas

Jennings improves to lvl 8.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:02 AM   #21
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I go ahead and buy Dyson off the transfer list. This will help with my depth issues and I feel like he can take the LD spot that Mcgill will soon retire from.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 07-19-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:04 AM   #22
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitcat View Post
Loving this game. I picked it up, started with Tipperary FC in the bottom/amateur tier of the FAI (I also loaded all the team names mod from Steam.) I played through the first game of Season 8 yesterday (I'm at work on just under 2 hours sleep) Season 1 Promoted to League 3, Season 2 Promoted to League 2 Season 3 grabbed the last spot above relegation from League 2. Season 4 staved off relegation again. Season 5 got relegated pretty thoroughly back to League 3 (a group of older players retired.) Season 6 bounced right back up from League 3 to League 2. Season 7 got absolutely mauled as I sold my Star Keeper in the Winter window of my promotion season (6) so he didn't enter the dreaded too old to sell period. My backups weren't ready. We ended a 26 game season with 6 points. If this game could fire me I'd have been out. So season 8 I start back at Level 3 again but I have the the best bench coach you can have (so all my players get XP as though they were playing), a 5000 seat stadium that I overfill and a 2.5 star Youth pull twice a year. My team is almost all former youth and some buys that I churn. It's been a whirlwind and I can't wait to get back to it. This would be an amazing IPad game wonder if they have any plans to do that. OK sorry back to Des Moines

Awesome results. In my first playthrough, I promoted to League 3 in my 2nd season and was maintaining a mid table standing before I started this dynasty.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:21 AM   #23
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Aug 22

Prestige Cup - Qualifying Round: Des Moines Menace at Calgary Foothills FC

I rest Heath and Seymour as we have a league game in just a few days. New signee Dyson and useless Banuelos get the start here. After a boring first half where we miss our only shot on goal, Atkins makes two easy conversions. Granger actually makes a one on one save and Dyson does a good job in his debut.

Final Score: Des Moines 2, Calgary 0
Goals: Atkins 2
Top Three: Atkins, Jennings, Mcgill

Canales improves to lvl 28.
Granger improves to lvl 15.
Huggins improves to lvl 14.
Lawler improves to lvl 14.
Mcgill improves to lvl 10.
Jennings improves to lvl 9.
Mccurdy improves to lvl 9.
Banuelos improves to lvl 8.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:33 AM   #24
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Lawler has improved to specialization lvl 2. What that means is he can pick an upgrade from this tree.

Specialist: This tree is where a player learns specific positions. Lawler had already learned to be a full Right Defender.

Talent: These upgrades improve the special skills a player can earn. They can either make the skills more powerful or decrease the time it takes to learn them.

Dedication: You can increase the experience a player learns after each match or which specific skills increase when he levels up.

Fan Favorite: You can increase their popularity, which puts more fans in the seats and can improve how much they sell for on the transfer market.

Utility: They can learn a second special class.

I pick the increased experience. This is cumulative with my defensive coach, so he now has a 50% exp increase.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:45 AM   #25
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I bought a few players on the transfer list simply to have warm bodies for matches when my guys are winded. This also helps clear out the transfer list and get new guys on there. The best player I can find is Bonds, a lvl 7 midfielder who has an 18 in passing.

Midfield is a huge concern because Barajas and Redd won't be around much longer.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 07-19-2018 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:10 AM   #26
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Aug 26

Clarkston SC Eagles (3-0-3, 5th) at Des Moines Menace (4-2-0, 2nd)

We have a couple weeks off after this, so I use my full starting lineup. Redd is back and dominates the midfield, stopping several counterattacks. This leads to an early Atkins goal. Seymour misses several shots in the first half, but finally breaks through in the 2nd half when he's able to run behind the defense and beats the keeper one on one.

Final Score: Des Moines 2, Clarkstown S-C 0
Top Three: Redd, Heath, Atkins

Heath increased his specialization level. I decide to improve his long pass skill.

Redd increased his specialization level. I only have him for 7 more months, so I increase his popularity to build up supporters.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #27
larrymcg421
Head Coach

A great guy popped up on the transfer list. A lvl 24 defender named Levesque, with a 47 rating in defense. I can sell Huggins for 24000 and buy this guy for 12000, so I do it.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:20 AM   #28
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Here are the standings at the midway point...

League Leaders...

Goals - Atkins is 2nd with 9 goals. Seymour is 3rd with 7 goals.
Assists - Barajas is 1st with 8 assists. Redd is tied for 4th with 3 assists.
Tackles - Heath is 1st with 16 tackles. Huggins is 3rd with 10 tackles. Canales is 5th with 8 tackles.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 07-19-2018 at 10:25 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:32 AM   #29
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

Hell of a season you're having. You guys are murder going forward. Definitely no lead is safe against you. Just have to get a better keeper and a decent midfielder in order to help ease the transition from Redd and Barajas.

My biggest drops in quality season to season were when I either had multiple retirements hit to key players or last season when I saw them coming and basically cleaned out everyone 30 and older on the squad knowing what that would mean.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:33 AM   #30
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Right before the transfer window closes, I buy a backup forward, which clears the way for another player to be added to the list. And it's the midfielder I've been looking for. His name is Nesbitt..

I've definitely played around on the transfer market more than before, but I still have cash in the bank and everyone, except my pending retirees, locked up for 13+ months.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 07-19-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:02 AM   #31
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Aug 12

Prestige Cup - Qualifying Round: Calgary Foothills FC at Des Moines Menace

Calgary sucks so bad that even with a 2-0 aggregate deficit, they play a strict defensive game, even holding the ball up when they had a shot on goal. They do manage to stifle us to a scoreless first half, but Atkins breaks through with two second half goals.

Final Score: Des Moines 2, Calgary 0
Top Three: Atkins, Canales, Jennings

Atkins improves to lvl 28.
Seymour improves to lvl 26.
Heath improves to lvl 17.
Dyson improves to lvl 17.
Lawler improves to lvl 15.
Jennings improves to lvl 11.

Jennings learns the Amateufer Midfielder role.
Atkins gets 30% extra experience from matches.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 07-19-2018 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:05 AM   #32
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitcat View Post
Hell of a season you're having. You guys are murder going forward. Definitely no lead is safe against you. Just have to get a better keeper and a decent midfielder in order to help ease the transition from Redd and Barajas.

My biggest drops in quality season to season were when I either had multiple retirements hit to key players or last season when I saw them coming and basically cleaned out everyone 30 and older on the squad knowing what that would mean.

Yeah I learned the hard lesson that you can't extend contracts or sell players once they hit 34.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:27 AM   #33
larrymcg421
Head Coach

October 10

Prestige Cup - Round of 32: Richmond Kickers at Des Moines Menace

Richmond is a 2nd league club, so this should be painful. Lance is back from his injury. I switch to a 5-4-1 to try and keep this a low scoring affair. Kinda turned out differently than expected. They take the lead on an early free kick, but Atkins somehow beats their superb defense (lucky dice roll) to equalize. They take the lead again when they manage to flank our defense, but Atkins somehow pulls another goal out on the next possession. Our defense holds tight and we actually get a chance to win, but Atkins can't connect a third time.

Final Score: Des Moines 2, Richmond 2
Top Three: Akins, Nesbitt, Heath

Granger improves to lvl 16.
Nesbitt improves to lvl 16.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 07-19-2018 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:50 AM   #34
larrymcg421
Head Coach

October 31

Prestige Cup - Round of 32: Des Moines Menace at Richmond Kickers

I try something different here and put Mccurdy in at Forward because he knows the skill Rainbow Feint, which could be useful getting through a tough defense. They get on the board early with a great strike from the corner. We have trouble getting Mccurdy in position, but he finally breaks through late in the 2nd half. Our defense is able to hold on for a draw!

Richmond still advances based on more away goals, but a superb effort from my guys.

Final Score: Des Moines 1, Richmond 1
Goals: Mccurdy
Top Three: Redd, Mccurdy, Heath

Levesque - lvl 25
Heath - lvl 18
Lawler - lvl 16

Granger has fully learned the GK position.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:16 PM   #35
larrymcg421
Head Coach

After winter break, the transfer window opens up again and we make the following moves.

*Lawler is 32 yrs old, so I sell him for $41,790.

*I buy Venegas, a lvl 16 Amateur defender, who will learn Lawler's RD spot. Only cost $2,280.

*I buy O'malley, a lvl 9 defender for $980. Just for depth.

*My youth pull is Higginbotham, a lvl 6 player without much skill, but he's only 16.

*I use the profits to extend contracts. I'm left with $25,072.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 07-19-2018 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:36 PM   #36
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Here's my squad as we start the 2nd half of the season...

And some more explanation of the positions...

GK - Keeper. Gets 50% bonus to defense and control when in goal.

SW - Sweeper. Automatically moves in between player with the ball and the goal.

CD - Central Defender. Automatically tries to tackle someone who comes into and adjacent tile.

DF - Universal defender. Tries to intercept shots or passes that come within an adjacent tile.

LD/RD - Fullbacks. Decreases the ability for an opponent to use a special skill. Can move 3 tiles.

LM/RM - Wingers. Can move 4 tiles with the ball and spends no action points on pressing.

MF - Universal Midfielder - Can play anywhere and move 2 tiles with or without the ball.

CF - Central Forward - Automatically moves into any gap near the opponents goal at the beginning of a turn.

D, M, or F - Amateur positions. With more experience, they can learn one of the above positions.

? - Need to learn an amateur position first.

You get experience based on where you play, so if you want someone to become a fullback, you have to play them on the flanks so they get experience there.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 07-19-2018 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:41 PM   #37
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I haven't mentioned much of the special skills, but here's an explanation of the ones we have right now.

Heath - Long pass. This allows him to send a pass up to 5 tiles away.

Canales - Slide tackle. The bonus to this instead of a normal tackle is if performed successfully, you gain an extra turn.

Atkins - Cannon shot. A powerful shot at the goal. Can only be done if no defenders in the way. Useful against great keepers.

Seymour - Head Play. Useful for crosses. Haven't really learned how to utilize this yet.

Barajas - Layoff pass. You can pass it ahead of player, who will then move in and get the ball, all in one turn.

Mccurdy - Rainbow Feint. Also useful against great keepers. Allows you to get by a defender or the keeper.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:54 PM   #38
larrymcg421
Head Coach

February 3

Amateur League: Grand Rapids FC (1-0-6,7th) at Des Moines Menace (5-2-0, 2nd)

I sit Barajas and Redd. I don't need them to win, so I'd rather Jennings and Nesbitt get the experience. Seymour misses an easy shot to open the game, but Atkins gets on board late in the 1st half. Our defense is so strong that my keeper never gets tested. They play a lot of keep away and we can't get any other scoring opportunities.

Final Score: Des Moines 1, Grand Rapids 0
Top Three: Nesbitt, Atkins, Levesque

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 07-19-2018 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:12 PM   #39
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Feb 10

Amateur League: Chattanooga FC (4-3-1, 3rd) at Des Moines Menace (6-2-0, 2nd)

What a frustrating match. They have a forward with a devastating skill that allows him to get a one on one with my keeper, who loses the battle. Seymour and Atkins both miss easy shots and Chattanooga plays keep away in the 2nd half.

Final Score: Chattanooga 1, Des Moines 0

Goals: None
Top Three: Levesque, Lance, Heath

Levesque now gets 30% bonus XP.

Old 07-19-2018, 02:12 PM   #40
larrymcg421
Head Coach

February 17

Amateur League: Des Moines Menace (6-2-1, 2nd) at Albion SC Pros (4-2-3, 4th)

Our offense just isn't clicking anymore. Several bad passes from the midfield prevent Atkins from getting any attempts. They score first off a corner kick. We finally break through on a great strike from Atkins to finish the 1st half. The 2nd half is more of the same, except they very nearly win. With very little time left, they win a corner and get it to a player right in front of the goal, but Granger for once makes a great save.

Final Score: Des Moines 1, Albion 1
Top Three: Granger, Heath, Atkins

Old 07-19-2018, 03:22 PM   #41
larrymcg421
Head Coach

February 24

Amateur League: Fresno Fuego (3-1-6, 10th) at Des Moines Menace (6-3-1, 2nd)

Our offense is still not as powerful as it was earlier in the season, but our defense is still dominant. Atkins bags two goals and Venegas does a great job shutting down the opponent's forwards.

Final Score: Des Moines 2, Fresno 0
Top Three: Venegas, Atkins, Heath

Dyson - lvl 18

Old 07-19-2018, 04:11 PM   #42
larrymcg421
Head Coach

March 3

Amateur League: Des Moines Menace (7-3-1, 2nd) at Calgary Foothills FC (1-0-10, 8th)

Atkins scores on the first possession of the game, but that's all we can manage. He misses his next shot and I replace him at halftime so he can rest for the big K-W United match next week. Not much worry, though. Calgary has no ability to score goals, much less any interest in trying. They play defensively in the 2nd half and we win a snoozer.

Final Score: Des Moines 1, Calgary 0
Top Three: Levesque, Atkins, Nesbitt

Old 07-19-2018, 04:36 PM   #43
larrymcg421
Head Coach

March 10

Amateur League: K-W United FC (10-2-0) at Des Moines Menace (8-3-1, 2nd)

We take the early lead on a great strike from Atkins. K-W equalizes late in the 1st half by beating Heath and Granger too easily. Nesbitt picks up a red card when I have him do an aggressive tackle in an attept to win possession at midfield and have a chance to score. K-W takes advantage of his absence and immediately scores. Atkins gets a shot to tie the game, but his last shot is no good.

K-W United 2, Des Moines Menace 1
Top Three: Atkins, Heath, Nesbitt (Not sure how it picked those second two)

Seymour and Canales both have a 30% experience increase.

Old 07-20-2018, 06:09 AM   #44
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

You got me! This game is going on my buy list.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:47 AM   #45
larrymcg421
Head Coach

March 17

Amateur League: Des Moines Menace (8-3-2, 3rd) at Clarkstown SC Eagles (6-2-5, 5th)

Atkins and especially Seymour really just hit a wall int he 2nd half of the season and had trouble connecting when it was most needed. Here we have a very dull 0-0 draw where both of them missed shots that could've won it.

Final Score: Des Moines 0, Clarkstown 0
Goals: None
Top Three: Granger, Heath, Venegas

We finish 3rd and manage to promote. It got a little dicey for a minute there. If Albion had won their last match, we would've failed to promote.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 07-20-2018 at 07:47 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:02 AM   #46
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Final Standings of the Amateur League...

Old 07-20-2018, 08:16 AM   #47
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Des Moines Menace Stats

Goals

Atkins - 21
Seymour - 7
Mccurdy - 1

Assists

Barajas - 9
Nesbitt - 8
Redd - 3
Jennings - 2
Heath - 2
Seymour - 1

Tackles

Heath - 25
Levesque - 17
Canales - 14
Venegas - 9
Atkins - 5
Mcgill - 5
Jennings - 3
Seymour - 2
Lance - 2
Dyson - 2
Nesbitt - 2
Mcmahon - 1

Man of Match (3-2-1)

Atkins - 31
Heath - 19
Redd - 9
Seymour - 7
Nesbitt - 7
Levesque - 7
Granger - 6
Barajas - 4
Venegas - 4
Huggins - 3
McCurdy - 3
Jennings - 3
Canales - 2
Lance - 2
McGill - 1

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 08-06-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:23 AM   #48
larrymcg421
Head Coach

By appearing in season leaderboards, my players have earned extra glory for me to spend on upgrades...

Old 07-20-2018, 08:27 AM   #49
larrymcg421
Head Coach

At the beginning of each season you can pick a sponsor that gives you cash based on different parameters. I go with the Captain Willy sponsorship as the other two seem very unlikely.

Old 07-20-2018, 09:04 AM   #50
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Offseason Moves

*I have $26,924 and 70 glory (shields).

*I spend my extra glory (shields) on upgrading my defender coach two more levels. This means my defenders will get 70% extra experience after each match, in addition to the 30% bonus some of them already have. It made sense to max this out instead of spreading it around, because I'm running 5 defenders.

*I renew Venegas for 2 years, $847

*I renew backup Forward Mckenna for 1 yr, $138

*Atkins wants $9719 to renew for another year. He has 8 months left and is 32. I may have to sell him, but I have no one to replace him yet, so will wait to decide.

*It is time to sell another defender. Canales is very good (49 defense) and has a very useful Slide Tackle skill. But he's 30 yrs old and is valued at $96,900.

*To replace him, I buy Edmonds, a 28 yr old Amateur defender with a 37 Def rating for $2,140.

*Our youth pull is a worthless lvl 3 player.

*I extend Lance for 2 yrs, $16,648. No choice here with limited options in the midfield. He will soon learn the slide tackle skill, which will be huge.

*I extend Jennings for 1 yr, $249.

*Mcgill and Barajas will retire in 2 months.

*I extend my 17 yr old, Higginbotham, for 2 yrs, $142.

*I spend $70,000 to upgrade my youth academy. This means that all youth pulls will now be from lvl 5-15.

*I spend $15,000 to upgrade my stadium to 500 seats. I now have 140 supporters, so the 100 seat stadium wasn't enough.

*This leaves me with $20,602 left. That's enough to renew Atkins for another year if I decide to do it later.

*Seymour is also due for a renewal in 8 months. I will more likely sell him, but again need to find a replacement first.