Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-20-2003, 05:44 PM   #1
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

#$@& FOX Sports Net

I am watching the Wake Forrest - UNC game and its a great game. It is going to double overtime an I am persoanlly excitied. What happpens? Fox Sports Net Sout cuts the rest of it goes to some sports news show. What the heck?

GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 05:53 PM   #2
henry296
College Starter

Still on Comcast SportsNet in Baltimore.... Now in Triple OT.

What a great basketball game.
Old 12-20-2003, 05:57 PM   #3
Calis
College Starter

Wow, that sucks...still playing on Fox Sports Net here.

What a game..this is awesome. Could be heading to OT #4.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 08:40 PM   #4
ice4277
Pro Rookie

They cut it here to go to the start of the MSU/UCLA game...yipee...
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 08:42 PM   #5
Easy Mac

It was still on here. I left for dinner with 6 minutes left in the game, and got back with 1 minute left in the final overtime... I got to see the end in all its glory.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 10:28 PM   #6
tucker342
Pro Starter

Re: #$@& FOX Sports Net

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldenEagle
I am watching the Wake Forrest - UNC game and its a great game. It is going to double overtime an I am persoanlly excitied. What happpens? Fox Sports Net Sout cuts the rest of it goes to some sports news show. What the heck?

I bet some will get fired for that fuck up....
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 11:22 PM   #7
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

tucker - I doubt anybody will catch much heat for the switch. Typically, those things are automatic & there isn't anybody flipping a switch to pin the blame on. Odds are that whatever caused the switch was something done months ago & it just happened to bite you in the butt today.

Although I must confess I have no idea why you would get an alternate feed unless there was some weird blackout restriction coming into play.
Old 12-21-2003, 07:18 AM   #8
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Fox Sports Net South is terrible. While they have improved slightly over past years, they still are the worst RSN out there.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 08:16 AM   #9
Philliesfan980
Banned

I'm kinda on the edge about getting DirectTV and "The sports package", which includes all those regional sports games. Do they show the games on those channels? From what I remember, I think they blackout most sporting events, because they are all currently being offered on pay-per-view (like the NBA package, or NCAA hoops, or whatever). Only if the game isn't on one of those pay per view channels will it be shown.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 08:29 AM   #10
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Correct. If it is not a local RSN for you, and you do not subscribe to the packages (like NHLCI, NBA League Pass, etc), those games will be blacked out. Still, when I had the "Sports Pack" I was getting extra college football games, basketball games, and lots of college hockey. You also get College Sports TV, which seems to always be improving their offerings of college sports. It was costing me $12/month, so I slashed that from our family budget (in preparation for my wife to leave the workforce sometime in the near future), but you'd probably enjoy it if you love sports (and not just the best of the best).
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 09:49 AM   #11
Philliesfan980
Banned

How are the regional sports networks? I might just get the package based on the "In week" preview shows. If I have a big fantasy matchup that week, I might want to watch some of the previews to see what the locals are saying about the team.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 03:47 PM   #12
sooner333
College Starter

I didn't watch that game (unfortunately), but they did the same crap on Fox Sports Southwest during the overtime of the Northern Illinois-Maryland football game to start off the college football season. It pissed me off beyond belief, and I left a message for them...basically saying I've never seen ESPN do something like that for SportsCenter.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote