Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-20-2020, 08:46 PM   #1
NawlinsFan
High School Varsity

Base Display Files Altered Yet Again

Yes, at it again. With the move away from that other site and Jim regrouping taking some well deserved time off I decided to quickly jump in and rework a few of the files again. It won't be for everyone, but the idea was to improve legibility while maybe reflecting a cleaner display. The display use a dark backdrop that hopefully makes the text stand out more. The splash screen has a few added data tables to aid those, like me, that need a couple of the handy references readily available. The base files are in the zip below, just BU the originals and unzip this into that picture folder overwriting what's there. It includes the previously uploaded files in earlier threads, I think I have them all in the zip. If you find an error please let me know.

NEW.zip - Google Drive

Last edited by NawlinsFan : 06-20-2020 at 08:49 PM.
NawlinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 08:24 AM   #2
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Looks fantastic, thank you!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 09:48 AM   #3
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, I am not wizened in the ways of such things... but my 15" home laptop set at 1920x1080 appears to want a graphic of a slightly smaller size for the splashon screens. I really like the look of this, but it puts the graphics too far down and to the right for my setup.

From fiddling around, it appears to me the size that fits is close to 1680x825, or very close to that? Right now I have everything else installed except I'm still using an old splashon screen, as I'm not sure how to artfully relocate the data screens to a new location within that zone.

If it's easy to do... could you run a version of your splashon that would be a fit for this setting, which I'd think would be a fairly common one?

Thanks so much for your efforts with these toys, they are really nice.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 10:37 AM   #4
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

QS, I resized it using paint as I'm no graphic guru. If this doesn't work for you I'm sure NawlinsFan can fix it up for you!

http://www.mediafire.com/view/xhvfek...ashon.bmp/file

Last edited by MizzouRah : 06-21-2020 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-21-2020, 10:38 AM   #5
NawlinsFan
High School Varsity

Let me tinker with the splash screen. I have a 27" hi-res and forget that it may not scale right.

BTW QS - the tables added are well below your skill set!

Last edited by NawlinsFan : 06-21-2020 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:10 PM   #6
QuikSand
lolzcat

Well, I like to use your tables, and then drop in a couple of my own. The tzach chemistry table with the personality traits is better than the one I use, if I can get over my hangup with it.

Anyway...no crisis in any event, I just appreciate your efforts and products.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 08:26 AM   #7
NawlinsFan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Well, I like to use your tables, and then drop in a couple of my own. The tzach chemistry table with the personality traits is better than the one I use, if I can get over my hangup with it.

Anyway...no crisis in any event, I just appreciate your efforts and products.

If there is anything you think the new or casual player could use that would be easily displayed please feel free to let me know and it can be worked in. There is a part of this community that is closer to one end of the player spectrum when it comes to data analysis when compared to you, squirrel, tzach and others that are at the other end.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:20 AM   #8
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Did my resize not work?