Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-01-2007, 01:25 PM   #201
aztarheel
High School JV

Posted by: yanksare

Inside a crowded sports bar in Fairfax, Virginia

We had a great first year Jeff. You should be proud.

Proud? Frank we didn’t even win the conference tournament. Look at what Stevie is doing in Raleigh. They are probably gonna be a number 1 seed.

So. It’s not like we have your players here yet anyway. Just give it time. We’ll be competing with the big dogs in a coupla years.

I guess you’re right. It’s just I’ve always been in his shadow. For once I want to be the one in the family that is on the front page. It’s just not fair. I was supposed to be the one you know. I was suppo....

Oh God. Not again Jeff with the “It was supposed to be me, crap.” You didn’t get the job at Charleston and he did. Let it go. You ever wonder why you are single again buddy?

By choice Fred. By choice.

Yeah, her choice. At some point you have to forgive your brother and move on. He tried to make amends with you and you guys seemed to be fine at State. What happened?

What happened? I didn’t get the credit I deserved. Did he win at State without me? No. Did he acknowledge to the press that I was the glue that held the team together? No. Did he sneak behind my back and steal the job at Charleston that he never knew about until I told him I was interviewing for it? Yes. I would have gotten that job and it would have been me leading the teams to championships and not him. It shoulda been me.....

Not again... Can we get another round over here please?
aztarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:35 PM   #202
aztarheel
High School JV

Wahoo - 1,000 views for this thread. Of course, I think I've accounted for about 963 ... Open thread, close thread, re-open thread. Repeat.

Sorry I digress...

Steve Victory JOURNAL – NCT 2026

Despite the early exit from the ACC tournament, State garners a #1 seed in the East (gracious selection committee, eh?). Duke grabs the top spot in the South, while Kansas and Utah are the other number ones… The Wolfpack’s first opponent in their bid for an NCT repeat – Maryland Eastern Shore…

(Alabama didn’t make the NCT, but Charles Barkley did get his boys into the ACT. College of Charleston is also ACT bound.)

Coach Jeff “Sheriff” Wilt and his George Mason Patriots (not Generals or Giraffes) nearly made the NCT in his debut season as the head man. GMU went 21-9 and finished second in the Colonial Athletic Association. They nearly won the conference tournament but lost to William & Mary in a heartbreaking title game.

Unfortunately, the ACT folks overlooked the Pats as well… Victory lashed out when asked about the post-season oversight of The Sheriff’s team. “Hey, they were a tough group. I’m glad we didn’t play them this season. We might have had a tough time with them…” (GMU did beat Florida State in the season opener – not bad for a team with "Awful" rated freshmen and "Awful" overall talent, according to the .400 pundits)…

State doesn’t exactly look like a team on a mission to repeat as national champs during its NCT opener against Maryland-Eastern Shore. The Pack trails at the half 45-43 but pulls away in the final 10 minutes for an 82-67 triumph. Baker saves the day with 16 points. Stokes adds 13.

Victory turned some heads when he came out of the locker room about a minute into halftime and sat down with the TV announcers calling the game. They were dumbfounded and after stammering for a minute or two, handed him a mike. “I have nothing to say to my guys right now, so I thought I’d come out and enjoy the atmosphere,” Victory told them. “If they can’t drum up their own intensity this time of year, then nothing I can say will help them.”

The ploy worked. State looked much better after intermission… One of the biggest upsets in college basketball history was averted.

[Author's note: I got the inspiration for this little segment from a high school basketball coach I used to cover as a reporter for a small-town weekly paper. It was halftime of a big conference tournament game, and the coach spent the entire time in the media hospitality room with us reporter-folk, eating beans and franks, because he was so mad that his team was playing like crap against a far-inferior opponent. The ploy worked for him, too, and his team came out and destroyed its foe in the second half... Sorry, I digress again]

The second round of the NCT brought a date with a team Victory was plenty familiar with – Vanderbilt. No need for crazy halftime antics in this one, as the Pack rolls 79-56… The one kick in the stomach – SF Jalen Hemphill is lost for the season with a torn Achilles. “I’m going to fire my trainer after this season,” Victory mumbles. “The number of injuries we have from year to year is ridiculous.”

Still, it’s on to the Sweet 16 for the Wolfpack. The next foe is Louisville. Duke is still kicking in the South Region. Bama is still alive in the ACT, beating Iowa State and Evansville…
Old 02-01-2007, 06:01 PM   #203
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – More NCT 2026

NC State looks more like NCT contenders during the next two rounds. The Wolfpack buries Louisville 88-51 then drubs third-seeded Mississippi State 80-54. Victory’s bunch plays like a well-oiled machine. Toni Zupic and Jeff Bailey pound the Cardinals inside with 42 points combined. Andre Baker adds 19. Baker then scores 30 in the rout over MSU (he's probably one of my all-time favorite players in the game). Victory has a good track record against Mississippi State over the years and is glad to beat them again.

So, it’s off to the Final Four again for Coach Victory!! It will be his third trip. The first two ended with national titles. Duke won’t be joining the Pack however, after falling to Florida in the Elite Eight. State will get to exact some revenge for the ACC in the first semifinal game. Kansas and Utah advanced on the other side of the bracket. All three are familiar opponents for Victory during his 23 years on the bench…

The parties crank up again on Hillsborough Street. The last shindig gets a bit out of hand, and The Raleigh News & Observer reports from “several sources” that former NCSU assistant coach/current George Mason head coach Jeff “The Sheriff” Wilt was charged with drunk and disorderly conduct. Wilt denies the allegations as do the local police through “official” channels (off the record — “we’re pretty sure it was him.”). Of course, the press overplays the entire issue…

“Oh little brother,” Victory says, picking up a front page with Wilt’s picture plastered on the front. “You should have stayed here at State with me… I could have kept the headlines positive for you… And you could be going back to the Final Four…”
Old 02-01-2007, 06:03 PM   #204
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – Final Four 2026

Both Final Four games follow the same general theme. Close in the first half, with the favorites pulling away down the stretch. State wins the first game 71-59 after leading Florida by only 2 at the break. Utah tops Kansas in the second semi 78-66 after leading the Jayhawks by just 4 at intermission.

Andre Baker looks ready to claim yet another MVP award for NCSU, scoring 20 points. Deon Brown, filling in for Ian Hemphill, scores 14 and Michael Stokes adds 13.

So it’s State and Utah in the 2026 championship game!! The Wolfpack will try to do what no team has done since Victory started coaching – win back-to-back NCT titles. Utah (37-3) will try to win its first national title. The odds-makers like State. Victory can taste another trip up a ladder to cut down championship nets… He doesn’t think he’ll climb onto the backboards this season, though he might get the urge if the moment is right…

(Reminder: Utah was the team that effectively ended Victory's 15-year quest by beating his Alabama team in the NCT in year 15 ... Victory REALLY wants to win this one... )
Old 02-01-2007, 06:05 PM   #205
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – NCT championship 2026

Andre Baker wears a shy smile as he accepts the NCT Most Valuable Player award for the second consecutive year. Coach Steve Victory and 12 other State players stand behind him on a makeshift podium, each wearing brand new shirts with the script “National Champs” written on the front. Baker has done it again, leading the Wolfpack to a 70-59 win over Utah in the 2026 NCT title game! The senior scored 15 points and pulled down 10 rebounds – great for a guard – to put his name into NCSU lore for decades.

“Not since David Thompson in the early 1970s has a player been so electric on the basketball court for N.C. State,” the Raleigh News & Observer wrote the following morning. “He comes up big in the big games, scoring in double figures in every contest this tournament.”

State never really looked threatened against Utah. They got up 8-10 points early in the first half and held the Utes off down the stretch. This was especially satisfying for coach Victory, since Utah ended his quest for an NCT title during the all-important 15th year of his career. Victory will never like the Utes no matter what, although a lot of good has come since not meeting his original goal for getting into coaching…

The parties last well into the night in Raleigh. Cars get spray-painted red. More couches are tossed into bonfires. And, thankfully, no arrest warrants are issued for The Sheriff, who joins the Wolfpack entourage incognito for the Final Four in Tampa, Fla. A nice place for Victory to get his third national championship by the way – near his hometown and in front of a lot of family and friends…

“Coach Victory has taken his lumps,” one popular Tampa columnist wrote the day after the game. “But you can’t deny that he’s now among the elite in college coaching circles. Even the great Dean Smith only won two national titles. Roy Williams never won one (in my world). This man, for all his ups and downs through 20-plus years, has coached three NCT championship teams. He may win five more before hanging it up…”

Victory liked that last line… What a career this was turning out to be…
Old 02-01-2007, 06:56 PM   #206
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Congrats Coach! Keep 'em coming.

[email protected]
TCY Golden Scribe Winner - Bear Goes Home

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay

Last edited by beargrowlz : 02-01-2007 at 06:56 PM. Reason: spelling
beargrowlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:39 PM   #207
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – Wrapping up 2025-26

A few final thoughts on the 2025-26 season:

• Alabama also made the Final Four – of the ACT. The Crimson Tide lost in the semis to Cal, which went on to lose to Georgia Tech in the title game… Maybe next year, Mr. Barkley – if you still have a job…

• Three NCSU players get drafted by NBA teams – Toni Zupic goes 11th to Milwaukee, Michael Stokes goes 25th to Detroit and Andre “MVP” Baker goes 28th to Orlando. That should help Victory’s Player Development stats…

• Victory’s personal status among coaches finally goes to “Respected.” It had been “Competent” since the early years at Alabama…

• The job offers roll in from interesting places – North Carolina again. Clemson, Charlotte, Washington, Nebraska. (The author of this story is intrigued by the Tar Heels’ repeated offers, but gotta stay in character. Victory is a State man…)

• The Sheriff is acquitted on all charges of drunk and disorderly conduct, according to the Raleigh News & Observer. George Mason gives the coach a verbal reprimand but little else. The college kids at GMU actually love Coach Wilt more for being “human.”

• New NCSU assistant Diego Cross lasts 1 year on the bench with Victory. He gets his own head coaching gig, leaving Victory to fill a coaching spot yet again. He choses Tony Hansen from Mississippi. He’s got lots of “Excellents” by his name. Of course, he’ll probably leap after a year or two… just like the players.

• Recruiting is actually a beast in 2025-26. For some reason, no one wants to come to N.C. State, even though the Pack won the ‘25 NCT title and were on their way to the ‘26 crown. More on that later… Looks like Victory gets to use the word “rebuilding” a lot for a couple of years...

For now, though, it’s still time for Victory and company to marvel over their second-straight NCT championship…
Old 02-02-2007, 09:41 PM   #208
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – Season #24 (2026-27)

One of N.C. State’s best teams in school history finishes 36-3, wins an NCT title (the school’s second in a row) and sends three players to the NBA (all first-rounders). How do you top that?

Well, on March 29, 2027 Steve Victory walks out of the tunnel of a 40,000-seat dome in St. Louis and onto the floor for his third-straight NCT championship game. This time, along with the trophy signifying the year’s best college hoops team, Victory and company have the chance to make ultimate history.

NC State is 40-0 coming into the title game. Forty wins. Zero losses. One more win, and the perfect season can be Victory’s. No one has achieved an undefeated season since the days of the great John Wooden (edit: and the great Bobby Knight, jksander reminds me in a post below)...

The final obstacle – a tough Illinois team, which has been to six Final Fours in the past 13 years and won one title. The Fighting Illini are 35-4, and believe it or not, are favored by the .400 Sports folks to pull the “upset.”

Victory peeks up into the stands. There is Jeff “The Sheriff” Wilt, his former assistant coach, sitting about 10 rows up. Wilt is coming off a rough year at George Mason – 14-15 overall. He gives Victory a thumbs up and the coach nods back with a big smile.

“If someone would have told me a few months ago I would be standing here coaching a team with a 40-0 record, I would have laughed in your face,” Victory says to first-year assistant coach, Tony Hansen, standing next to him. “Let’s go get us win number 41.”

The head referee then tosses the ball up, State center Brandon Collins taps it to point guard Ian Demory, and the quest for a special Wolfpack three-peat is underway...
Old 02-02-2007, 09:43 PM   #209
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – Preseason 2026-27

Flashing back to November 2026…

Only one starter returned from the 2026 national championship team – SF Jalen Hemphill. He’s a senior now and ready for a monster exit to college hoops, hoping to earn a nice NBA living after leading State to its third title…

Sophomore Roy Wrenn will take over at point guard. Redshirt sophomore Marcus Hill will step in at SG. Junior Deon Brown is back in the starting lineup at PF, and much improved redshirt senior Brandon Collins gets the nod at center. A decent lineup indeed, but one that could win 40-plus games? Hardly, Victory thought at the time. “We’ll be hard-pressed to make it back to the Final Four again,” he said to himself. “This is a rebuilding year in many ways...”

THE BENCH
C Jean Sykes (redshirt soph)
PG Ian Demory (sophomore – decent backup!)
SF Calvin Carstensen (also solid backup)
C Damian Guthridge (frosh-decent prospect)
PG Todd Holliway (frosh)
SG Josh Hamilton (frosh)

REDSHIRTS
PG Julian Collins (frosh)
C Brandon Carey (frosh)

Victory is surprised to see NCSU’s freshman class listed as 11th best in the nation. He had a tough time with recruiting the year before, and the first players didn’t sign until weeks 5 and 6, even though State was on the way to its second title in a row. He didn’t get much of a catch in his opinion, but maybe these guys would develop into solid four-year contributors with the right training. Guthridge (no relation to the former UNC coach) is probably the best of the bunch…

The overall talent level remains at “Superior.” Game challenge level is considered “Very Easy.” State administrators just want to see the Pack back in the NCT. Prestige is now up to 68 (High). The Pack begins the season ranked eighth and seventh in the first polls of the year. The first opponent: UConn in the Alaska Challenge…
Old 02-02-2007, 09:47 PM   #210
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – Non-conference 2026-27

Coach Victory got a hunch that this could be a special season while his team was in Alaska. Used to going 2-1 in preseason tournaments, the coach was stunned when his Wolfpack wiped out third-ranked Illinois 91-62 in the Alaska Challenge championship game (yes, this is the same Illinois team State must beat in the NCT title game).

NCSU had played stellar hoops in all three games. They crushed UConn 93-63 in the opener, then sank Oklahoma State 79-48 in the semifinals. Deon Brown was out of sight. He scored 19 points and had 18 rebounds vs. UConn, then scored 17 points with 21 boards vs. OSU. Jalen Hemphill led the way against Illinois as all five starters reached double figures.

From there, the wins kept mounting. Check out these finals during the rest of the non-conference slate (note that State roughed up poor ol’ Mr. Barkley and his ‘Bama boys pretty good in Tuscaloosa). Final 2026-27 records for opponents are in parenthesis:

11/19/2026 New Mexico (18-13) W 75-69
11/22/2026 Missouri (21-13) W 72-69
11/25/2026 @Alabama (12-19) W 85-55
11/28/2026 @Col Of Charleston (24-11) W 88-74
12/2/2026 LSU (21-11) W 85-44
12/4/2026 Washington (8-21) W 75-68
12/7/2026 @Alabama St. (16-14) W 116-48
12/12/2026 Georgia (10-20) W 87-44
12/16/2026 Hofstra (18-13) W 95-67
12/20/2026 Tenn-Martin (12-18) W 100-47
12/24/2026 @Wofford (13-19) W 103-60
12/26/2026 Eastern Illinois (5-24) W 97-56

Granted, this wasn’t the toughest of schedules, but the Pack still proved one of the most entertaining teams around. The bad news – of course, there’s a big injury. Starting PG Roy Wrenn goes down with a ruptured disc against New Mexico and is lost for 3-4 months. Ian Demory gets the start at PG from here and does remarkably well… State moves up to #1 in the polls after the Charleston win. Mississippi State slips into the #1 slot for a few weeks but then State returns when the ‘Dogs lose to Stanford.

The NCSU-Alabama State game is a stat-lovers dream. The Pack leads 60-20 at halftime and makes 40-of-59 shots from the field for the night. While six players reach double figures only one from A-State does, and he scores just 10. Jalen Hemphill emerges as the go-to player during this stretch of games. He could be the next ACC Player of the Year. Junior PF Deon Brown decides he’s ready to go pro and announces he’s not coming back to State next year… surprise, surprise…

After the Eastern Illinois game, the press starts whispering about the perfect season. Victory will have none of it, and doesn’t bite when asked about it. Partly because he knows every team, even the great ones, have off nights and get picked off. Also, he doesn’t want to jinx anything...
Old 02-02-2007, 09:50 PM   #211
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – ACC Season 2026-27

The Wolfpack absolutely blows its first five ACC opponents out of the water. Victory’s boys rout Clemson at Little John 101-46. They pummel visiting Wake Forest 102-52. They drub Florida State in Tallahassee 105-53. They crush the Tar Heels 101-56. They pound Maryland in College Park two nights later 105-51. Holy cow!

Sports Illustrated runs a feature on State in its mid-January issue. “Can Anyone Stop This Team?” is the headline. Victory is pictured on the cover with standouts Deon Brown and Jalen Hemphill beside him on either side. All three are looking tough. The photographer got at a low angle and shot up at the trio, making them look more menacing. The background was fire red, with some wicked lighting on the faces. Victory had a whistle in his mouth. Nice!

Victory secretly worried about the SI Jinx, but State kept winning. They actually didn’t get to 100 points the next three nights but still beat Virginia, Duke, then Virginia again. The rematch with Maryland was a laugher – 100-39 at home. Was this the ACC or the Colonial Athletic Association that State was playing in? (Sorry Sheriff).

The Wolfpack went on to beat Duke in Cameron 100-67 and UNC in Chapel Hill 94-69. Amazingly, State never slipped up the rest of the way. The closest game was a 76-60 win at Wake Forest. For good measure, the Pack even beat Texas in Austin 93-62 in a non-conference tilt in late February. The final game of the regular season: a special senior night slaughter for NCSU over Georgia Tech. Final score: 101-45. The top six players scored in double figures, with Brown (sort of a senior since he’s leaving) leading the way with 21. Collins had 19 rebounds, and Brown 14.

State got ready for the ACC tournament carrying a 32-0 overall record. Nine more wins, and the Pack would get its special 41-0 season. Louisville, which had been unbeaten for the first 20 games or so finishes second in the polls with a 26-2 record. St. Louis started the year 22-0 before good ol’ East Carolina knocked them off. Good job Pirates!

Sure enough Jalen Hemphill, a senior SF, earned ACC Player of the Year honors. He averaged 17.7 points per game, 10.3 rebounds, made 48.7 percent of his shots (38.9 percent from 3) and hit 87 percent of his free throws. Ian Demory, the replacement PG, went on to earn All-ACC status as well. Interestingly enough, Wrenn came back late in the season and won his old job back. Demory stepped aside but was still rewarded for his efforts by the coaches and sports writers. He’s a true team player.

A few other interesting notes:
• State outscored teams by an average of 92-59 (leading the nation in both categories)

• St. Louis put three players on the All-America list, with Louisville and Florida getting the other players (what, no Jalen Hemphill?)

• Duke went 1-15 in ACC play!! The Devils went 12-1 in non-conference games then crashed. They beat Wake in the last game of the regular season to get their only league win…

• Alabama suffered this season under Barkley, finishing 11-18 and 4-12 in SEC games. The Sheriff is rumored to be taking over in Tuscaloosa…

• College of Charleston could make the NCTs again, finishing 22-10 and 10-6 in the SoCon. Nice to see them keep it up for so many years!
Old 02-03-2007, 01:50 PM   #212
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – Post-season 2027

There is probably only one thing that can stop the N.C. State juggernaut from rolling all the way to a 41-0 season – injuries.

Coach Steve Victory is plenty familiar with torn ACLs, ruptured tendons and broken skulls (even a little kidney disease). Some of his best teams have fallen short of expectations because of so-called “injury sniper” attacks, most of the time late in the season. How many gray hairs does the coach have because of watching players fall to the hardwood in pain during big games? Too many to count.

State’s 2027 season will be no different. The first two big injuries happen in the ACC tournament championship game. The Pack manages to win its first ACC title under Victory – beating Clemson 103-61, North Carolina 91-65 and Wake Forest 89-61. But not before losing its top two point guards.

Roy Wrenn is lost for a month with a knee injury (likely gone for the rest of the season). Ian Demory, the All-ACC player, tweaks his Achilles and will be out 1-2 weeks. Victory enters the NCT tournament nervous as heck. Who is going to play point? SG Marcus Hill is a great shooter but has about zero offensive and defensive awareness. Backup SF Calvin Carstensen is a solid player and tough at 6-8, but can he handle the rock? What about freshman PG Todd Holliway?

Victory settles on Carstensen, and the sophomore proves impressive in State’s NCT opener – a decent 78-57 win over #16 Fairfield. Carstensen leads the team with 17 points, but only has four assists. “It’s OK to pass the ball,” Victory tells him repeatedly. (The Wolfpack is the #1 seed in the South by the way – Virginia, Wake and Maryland also make the NCT from the ACC. Louisville, Illinois and Mississippi State are the other top seeds. UNC is in the ACT).

Of course, another injury befalls State against Fairfield. A third PG is lost. This time it’s Holliway, the freshman third-stringer who saw limited action in about 28 regular season games and was needed more than ever in the post-season. He injured his hip and is gone for the tournament.

It’s here that Victory makes a bold (rash?) decision. He lifts the redshirt of freshman PG Julian Collins. “I feel like I have to. We have no point guards left and only two guards at all in the lineup,” the coach tells the press. “We’re down to eight players total. Collins wants to play. He wants to be a part of this amazing season. We’re really throwing him to the wolves, though. I hope he can handle it.”

Assistants actually recommend that Collins start against Kansas in the second round! Victory defers to Carstensen again, but tells Collins to be ready to play a lot of minutes. Thankfully, things run smoothly and State drubs the eighth-seeded Jayhawks 98-48. Hemphill scores 32, and Deon Brown adds 20. Carstensen dishes out nine assists and even gets six rebounds. Collins contributes a few points and assists in a reserve roll. Whew!

The good news: Ian Demory will be back for Sweet 16 action! State must beat an instate team – upstart 12-seed UNC-Asheville. UNC-A knocked off LSU and Jackson State to become this year’s Cinderella. Can they continue to wear the glass slipper? State meanwhile is the last ACC team standing. Wake and UVa lose in the second round. Maryland was gone in the first round. UNC falls in the ACT… The ACC isn’t what it used to be, unfortunately…
Old 02-03-2007, 01:51 PM   #213
aztarheel
High School JV

Posted by: jksander

QUOTE:
No one has achieved an undefeated season since the days of the great John Wooden…

I think you’re forgetting about Bob Knight and IU in ‘76, undefeated. They were the last undefeated team. Not UCLA . . .

Posted by: AZTarHeel

Ah yes, the great Hoosiers team of 1976... forgive me... what do you expect from a Tar Heel...
Old 02-03-2007, 01:53 PM   #214
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – Sweet Sixteen 2027

UNC-Asheville boasts an impressive resume coming into its 2027 Sweet 16 matchup with the Wolfpack. The Bulldogs beat LSU and Jackson State in the NCT as well as 26 other foes during the season. But their Cinderella Story ends right here – State rolls 84-43. PG Ian Demory plays well in his return from injury…

One number-one seed does get upset at this point. Louisville, ranked second in the nation the last part of the season, falls to St. Joe’s.

State’s next opponent: UCLA, which jksander reminds us is NOT the last college program to go undefeated. That honor goes to the ’76 Indiana Hoosiers, coached by the great Bobby Knight… Again, the author of this dynasty regrets the error and the subsequent pain it has caused IU fans…

UCLA and NCSU have a storied history, dating back more than half a century. The Wolfpack interrupted John Wooden’s magical string of NCT titles in 1974, led by David Thompson, Tommy Burleson and Monte Towe. Will the Bruins return the favor some 50-plus years later? Nope, UCLA hangs tough but falls 86-75. Ian Demory scores 19 points and dishes out nine assists to lead the Pack back to their third Final Four in a row!

The big bummer – SG Marcus Hill dislocates his hip in the game (that was pretty painful to watch). He is lost for the rest of the tournament (déjà vu all over again!)… Sophomore Calvin Carstensen will be given another chance to shine as a backup-turned-starter… Get ready, Mr. Todd Holliway. You may have to contribute as well…

Also making the Final Four: Georgetown (State’s first opponent), Illinois and Victory’s old rival at Alabama, Mississippi State. G-town is the only team not a number one seed. The Hoyas – losers of 17 games during the regular season – have been the ultimate in Cinderella this season, carrying a number 14 seed all the way to St. Louis… Wow, and some argued that they didn’t even belong in the tournament…
Old 02-03-2007, 01:54 PM   #215
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – Final Four 2027

As it turns out, Georgetown is for real. The 20-17 Hoyas push the injury-laden Wolfpack to the limit. The game comes down to the wire before center Brandon Collins sinks a couple of clutch free throws in the final seconds to seal it. Final score: State 70, Georgetown 69. A nailbiter, but NCSU is now 40-0!

Collins has an amazing night for the Pack. He scores 19 points and rips down 15 rebounds in one of his best games of the year. Jalen Hemphill adds 17, new starter Calvin Cartsensen pumps in 14.

Illinois beats Mississippi State 79-71 and the 2027 NCT title game is set. It’s going to be a rematch of the Alaska Challenge championship, played way back in November. State won that game 91-62 but a lot has happened since then. And this game has a lot more at stake. For Victory and the Wolfpack – the chance to finish 41-0 and garner the school’s third consecutive national championship (Victory’s fourth as a head coach)… For Illnois, the chance to win its second title in six years time... A true clash of heavyweights...
Old 02-03-2007, 01:56 PM   #216
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – NCT Title Game 2027!! (Three-peat??)

State’s Brandon Collins wins the tap and PG Ian Demory brings it up court to start the 2027 NCT title game. But Illinois creates a steal, and SF Billy Thompson gets an easy deuce for the game’s first points.

The two teams battle tooth and nail for the first 20 minutes, but the Wolfpack just can’t seem to solve the physical Illini. And Thompson and teammates Philip Brown and Mike Degala always seem to have an answer when State does score.

Victory’s bunch goes into the halftime locker room trailing 45-38. Down but not out.

“Guys, we’re OK. No need to panic,” Victory says to his crew at the break. “Be patient. Don’t force anything. Get the ball to Jalen or Ian and let them create.”

Unfortunately, that’s just what Illinois is hoping for. They overplay the State stars and start the half on an 8-0 run. State never recovers. This team with a 40-0 record suddenly looks like a group of deer caught in the headlights. What do you expect? They’ve never really been behind all season.

The Illini run and steal and dunk their way to a lopsided 93-66 NCT championship victory. Folks in the Midwest love it. Folks who sell TV ads hate it because viewers start tuning away 5 minutes into the second half. Victory and the rest of the State faithful are shell-shocked to say the least. Hillsborough Street in Raleigh is a morgue…

Thompson finishes with 28 points for Illinois. He makes 10-of-14 shots, including 6-of-8 from behind the arc. Brown adds 19 points, and Degala 12. Hemphill and Demory are held to 10 points each. Carstensen leads State with 20 points. One of the biggest stats: State’s starting front court of PF Deon Brown and C Brandon Collins combine for just 6 points, 8 rebounds and no blocks… uggg…

An ugly finish to what otherwise has been the most magical season in Wolfpack – maybe ACC? – history…
Old 02-03-2007, 01:59 PM   #217
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – NCT Follow-up 2027

Coach Victory is amazingly gracious after the embarrassing loss. Some NCSU administrators wondered if the hoops chief might blow his stack or have a melt down (and of course some fans think Victory choked big time), but the coach is cool, calm and collected. Maybe it’s because he had so long for the fact to sink in that his latest team wouldn’t go 41-0. The game was out of reach pretty early in the second half...

“A lot has been made of the N.C. State basketball program this year, and we’ve definitely basked in that,” Victory said. “But in my book, Illinois is the real dynasty in college basketball right now. They’ve been to the NCT tournament every year since coach Harris Rowell took over for Bill Self in 2003. They’ve been to the Sweet Sixteen 20 times and the Elite Eight nine times. Now they have two NCT titles in the past seven years.

“My hats off to the Illini. They are the model program right now – one that we are still several steps behind.”

Of course, Victory does have the Wolfpack nipping at the Illini’s heels. In the past three years, the Pack has finished 29-11 (NCT 1), 36-3 (NCT 1) and now 40-1 (NCT 2).

A few other closing notes to 2026-27:
• Auburn beats Cal and Lasalle beats Oregon in the ACT semifinals. Lasalle then romps over Auburn 82-64 for the title.

• PF Deon Brown gets selected 10th in the NBA draft by New Jersey. Jalen Hemphill, the ACC Player of the Year, goes 37th to Memphis.

• Despite the loss, Victory’s stock has risen. He gets job offers from Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, Georgia, Memphis, Ohio State, Clemson and Northwestern. And, believe it or not, the Crimson Tide is letting Charles Barkley go as head coach. ‘Bama’s AD calls Victory about coming back to Tuscaloosa!

“No thanks,” the coach says. “I’ve got things pretty good here in Raleigh…” The Sheriff is being mentioned as a possible candidate despite the fact that his teams haven’t done that well at GMU… Stay tuned...

**Author’s note: For the heck of it I resimmed the NCT championship game (saving the results from the “real” game in a separate file for when I start my next season). I made one slider tweak on State’s defense (moving it one click) and the Wolfpack won 96-60… Dang it!!!!!!! I resimmed twice more, and Illinois won both of those games by double figures (using the settings from the first game and the settings from the second game). Two more resims were split: one win for State and one win for Illinois… finicky game… oh well… on to the next season...
Old 02-03-2007, 04:56 PM   #218
aztarheel
High School JV

May 2027
Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Let’s go Sheriff!(clap, clap, clap, clap, clap) Let’s go Sheriff!(clap, clap, clap, clap, clap)

Today,(today, today, today) I consider myself(self, self, self) the luckiest man(man, man, man) on the face of the earth(earth, earth, earth.)

Let’s go Sheriff!(clap, clap, clap, clap, clap) Let’s go Sheriff!(clap, clap, clap, clap, clap)

I realize that many of you only know me at the Sheriff. A straight shootin, hard-hittin, lovable journalist. But I’m here today to tell you that I’m more than that. I’m a winner. I’m a champion. I’m a leader. My name is Jeff Wilt and I am your new Alabama Crimson Tide men’s basketball coach.

I realize that you have had your share of losses and Victory’s in the past but I promise with the help of my right hand man Fred Franks that the Tide will rush in once again to claim the NCT title. I’m not talking about 15 year plans. I’m not talking about leaving when the going gets tough. I’m talking about our boys from Bama beginning and maintaining a dynasty to rival the heavyweights such as the Illini and the cubs from Carolina. My flock, the prodigal son has returned and this time it’s my time...umm I mean to say our time to shine. Thank you.

Last edited by aztarheel : 02-03-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:00 PM   #219
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve, you’ve got to help me. This crazy Sheriff guy is camped out on the steps of the Chancellor’s building, proclaiming himself the next men’s basketball coach here at Alabama. The masses are cheering him and creating quite a stir. We haven’t even offered him the job yet. Heck, we haven’t even approached him. As the athletic director, I’m trying to get the best. I’m going after Illinois coach Harris Rowle

That’ll never happen Mr. Zorro. Harris will coach at Illinois till he’s 90. I say give the Sheriff a chance. He’s a bit wacky — I could tell you some stories about a certain time he visited the Bahamas— but he’s a solid basketball man. Plus after the Barkley debacle, what could be worse? Hey, at least he’ll be colorful...

But he hasn’t exactly set the world on fire at George Mason. He didn’t even make the NCT.

Yeah, but it’s GMU. What do you expect? He’s in the Colonial. Take a chance...

Maybe you’re right... Wait a minute. Hey, I gotta go, the people are storming the building! RIOT! **static**

Mr. Zorro? ... Mr. Zorro? Are you there? Hello?
Old 02-03-2007, 07:12 PM   #220
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

*dies laughing*

That's precious, a college basketball coup. Call out the Alabama National Guard!

[email protected]

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
Old 02-04-2007, 01:40 PM   #221
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – NCT Championship Game 2028

Flash forward to late March 2028.

It’s a few hours before tip off of college basketball’s premier game – the NCT championship! About 60,000 fans are making their way into the Super Dome in New Orleans.

N.C. State coach Steve Victory – as usual looking his spit and polished self in a sleek suit with red tie – stands courtside. He’s talking with his good friend and colleague, longtime Wake Forest hoops coach Chris Lyde.

“Think we can do it?”

“Absolutely. You guys have been on a tear of late. We saw that during the ACC title game. Go out there and kick some Illini butt. Those boys wearing orange and blue have been way too cocky this season. Let’s get a sweet victory for the ACC.”

“It’s too bad we can’t both be here on the sidelines. That would have made for a fine NCT championship game – Wake Forest vs. N.C. State. Live from New Orleans. For all the marbles. Tobacco Road would have gone crazy…”

“Yeah, that would have been awesome. It almost happened, but we just didn’t have it against Texas in the Elite Eight. We still had a great season, though.”

“Well, gotta run. Wish us luck.”

“Luck!”

With that Victory and Lyde shake hands and go their separate ways. Victory heads up to the luxury suite where he’ll watch tonight’s game and root like heck for the Demon Deacons. Lyde heads for the locker room to finish preparing for his chance to win his first NCT title...

Wake Forest wins the tap, but like last year, Illinois rebounds a missed shot and sinks the first points on a layup…

It feels strange for Victory to be watching the game from so high up… “Boys, you’ve got to get back on defense,” he barks out to the small black-and-gold clad blips on the floor far below him…
Old 02-04-2007, 01:42 PM   #222
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – Season #25 (2027-28)

Yep, that’s right. Steve Victory’s 25th season as a college head coach doesn’t end in the championship game like seasons 22-24. Actually, State does have a pretty solid year– 32-7 overall record – but gets tripped by Texas in the Elite Eight. Funny how mediocre 32-7 looks after winning 40 in a row the year before.

Three new players joined the mix for 2027-28 – PF Darren Harris, PF Henry Powell and PF Beau Williams. Gee, what is coach Victory trying to work on? Actually all three are small as power forwards go, standing at 6-5 or 6-6. Powell redshirts as does sophomore SG Josh Hamilton. NCSU enters the season with no one over 6-8. That could be a problem…

Harris looks like the biggest stud of the bunch. A 5-star recruiting service lists him as the #2 recruit in the land. He hails from Chamblee, Ga. and put in 22 points, 7 rebounds and 2.4 blocks as a high school senior. Williams could be a big-time scorer (33.3 ppg, 8 rpg), while Powell (out of Flagstaff, Arizona!) looks more like a project…

Here are some highlights from the regular season:

• State wins another early season tournament, taking the Hawaii Classic crown with victories over Washington (65-56), UCLA (95-58 – wow!) and Manhattan (89-68).

• The team’s first loss comes in game number five – to, of all teams, College of Charleston. The Cougars stomped the Pack at home 79-55. CoC has turned in to a pretty solid program. Victory likes to think he got the ball rolling…

• A 10-game winning streak vaults the Pack into the top five in the national rankings. Victims include old SEC rival LSU (87-55), Penn State on the road (92-63), Wisconsin (84-60), Boston College on the road (84-70) and one of last year’s NCT foes UNC-Asheville 84-57.

• State loses its ACC opener at Florida State (74-68) but goes on to win the regular season championship with a 13-3 record. The Pack beats Wake Forest both times (86-76 and 74-70). Virginia gets a win over Victory’s crew as does Duke in Cameron.

• The team’s other regular season loss comes to Northern Arizona. The mighty Lumberjacks, who go on to finish 23-10, stun State 75-67 in a late February meeting in Raleigh. Talk about overlooking a team!

• SG Marcus Hill and SF Calvin Carstensen (last year’s injury fill-in man) light up the scoreboards this season. Hill pumps in 17 ppg and even gets about 6 rpg (too many turnovers and not enough assists, however). Carstensen finishes averaging about 16.1 ppg and 12 rpg. C Jean Sykes (12.3 ppg) has a breakout year. PG Ian Demory disappears a bit but still finishes averaging 11.9 ppg…

State carries a 27-5 overall record into the post-season… But of course, you know what happens in the ACC and NCT tournaments, right?
Old 02-04-2007, 01:45 PM   #223
aztarheel
High School JV

posted by yanksare

Just the good ol boys. Never meaning no harm. Beat’s all ya ever saw, been in trouble with the law since the day they was born.

A small rural town in Florida, 1980

I wanna be Bo this time.

No way. I’m Bo little brother.

No fair. Then I’m gonna be Luke.

Un-uh. I’m Luke.

I’m not going be Daisy again. I’ll tell mom.

Why? She’s a fox.

MOmmmmy!!!

Ok, ok, ok. You can be Roscoe P. Coletrane. Gghh. Gghh, Gghhh.

Roscoe Peco Trane. Yeaa. I’m Sheriff Roscoe Peco Trane. I’m gonna arrest you Duke boys for Boss Hogg.

Jeff, your such a baby.

Mommmmmy!!!! Stevie’s being mean to me

**Author's Note: I still get a kick out of the backstory that my friend Jeff kept building around the characters (not really knowing what was coming next)...
Old 02-04-2007, 04:28 PM   #224
Jeff Wilt
n00b

If I recall correctly the last post was the first hint about another Victory family member that became instrumental in my own short lived dynasty. Good stuff E. Do you still play TDCB or did you ever get TCB? I end up playing a few seasons with a different team in TDCB about two times a year or so. Between OOTP, TDCB and EWR I have enjoyed/wasted many a fun hour.
Jeff Wilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:21 PM   #225
aztarheel
High School JV

I play a lot less than I want to but probably more than I should considering I have a two-year-old in the house ... It's my escape, I guess ... I started a few OOTP dynasties last summer but they pretty much fizzled when my work life got crazy in the fall. I've resumed one dynasty recently called "The Arizona League" -- real players starting in 1901 put on fictional teams based in AZ ...

I started playing TDCB again recently and have several ideas brewing in my head for dynasties -- a Victory sequel among them. One thing I tried to do the past two years was to do a Carolina dynasty in "real time." I.e. sim the game up to whatever year it really was, and play out the games on the actual date that they are scheduled, posting as I go. With the goal of course to end the year in March Madness as NCAA champs...

Anyways, hope all is well. Enjoying reliving this dynasty as I repost it (Forgot how stinkin' long it was, however)...
Old 02-05-2007, 10:46 AM   #226
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – Recruiting/Awards 2028

For the second year in a row, the Wolfpack puts two players on the All-ACC list. PG Ian Demory makes the honor roll again. SF Calvin Carstensen takes the spot that Jalen Hemphill won last year. Nice! Maryland’s starting PF Nigel Punt earns Freshman of the Year honors. The significance? Victory fought aggressively to get him to go to State the season before. It looked like he was coming but inked with the Terps at the last second… He’s obviously a great player (with a great name). No word on if he kicks for the Maryland football team, however.

Demory, unfortunately decides he’s had enough college ball. After this season, his junior year, he’s off to test the NBA waters. So, too, is junior SG Marcus Hill. Since State came into the season with no seniors, Victory had to scramble to get some recruits interested. He eventually nabbed 6-8 PF Charles Cornell (#37 pick in the country) and 6-4 SG Tony Sheehan (#117) during the latter part of the process. Both have good potential and decent credentials. In some ways, Victory isn’t too concerned about not getting blue chippers. These two guys might stick around four years and both develop into studs before graduating…
Old 02-05-2007, 10:49 AM   #227
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – Post-season 2028

State and Wake proved the cream of the ACC crop this season, and so it was fitting the Wolfpack and Deacons meet in the tournament championship game in early March 2028.

State played its own version of the “Big Four” tournament during the weekend in Greensboro. First, they beat North Carolina 98-70. Then they beat Duke 99-77. Unfortunately, Wake – which had knocked off Maryland and Virginia in earlier rounds – won the coveted ACC (and Big Four) championship with a 74-68 triumph. The Deacs got up in the first half and never really let Victory’s boys fight back… The Achilles’ heel for State – teams with strong post games, such has what WFU featured… (Memo to Victory — recruit taller and stronger post players)...

Both finalists received number one seeds for the NCT however. Wow! State is shipped out West, while Wake Forest gets bracketed in the East. The other top seeds are familiar – Illinois in the Midwest and Florida in the South.

The Wolfpack sails through the first three rounds and looks ready to earn another Final Four berth.

UMass falls to the Pack 96-60 in the opening round as Marcus Hill scores 23 points and Ian Demory 22.

Stanford, seeded eighth, is the next victim, falling 93-45. Calvin Carstensen earns a double-double with 24 points and 10 rebounds. Center Jean Sykes scores 23 with nine boards. Ian Demory adds 20 points.

State then takes out fourth-seeded Arizona 86-64. Hill (23 points), Carstensen (20 points) and Demory (15) again are the stars.

The parties get serious on Hillsborough Street again after the Arizona win. “Four-for-Four” becomes the rallying cry in Raleigh as State seeks its fourth consecutive berth into the NCT semifinals. Leave it to sixth-seeded Texas to spoil the celebrations. The Longhorns hit 11 three-pointers and 23-of-30 free throws and pull the upset 74-69. While Wake locks up its Final Four berth with a 90-68 win over Pitt, the Wolfpack charters a plane ride home for the season. Only Victory and a few of his staff will attend this year’s Final Four in New Orleans. And they are going just as spectators... Rats…
Old 02-05-2007, 10:51 AM   #228
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – NCT Final Four 2028

Wake beats St. Johns 81-64, and defending champion Illinois cruises past Texas 91-68 to set up this year’s title game. Victory fumes as he watches the Longhorns basically crumble against the Illini. “We could have given Illinois a much-better game than this,” he says to his assistants. “Of course, I thought we could beat them in last year’s title game and we crumbled, too. And we couldn’t beat Texas ourselves... It’s just too hard to watch this awful play…”

Victory worries that Wake might suffer the same fate as last year’s State team and this year’s Texas squad as Monday night’s championship game opens. Illinois scores first and in the first few minutes looks ready to run away with another title. But then something happens to the boys in black-and-gold.

Shots start falling, and the confidence level rises. Wake leads 49-41 at half and then keeps the Illini at bay throughout the second half. All five WFU starters reach double figures. Final score: Deacs 91, Illinois 80. For the third time in four years, the NCT trophy will reside on Tobacco Road, in ACC country!! Victory, while miffed that it’s not coming back to Raleigh, is glad about that… At least Illinois didn’t repeat. State is still the lone team to win back-to-back titles since the calendar rolled into the 2000s.

A few other final notes to the 2027-28 season:
· The Sheriff, Jeff Wilt, does get the Alabama job after much political pressure (the storming of the Chancellor’s building was just the beginning). His first team goes 14-17 (4-14 vs. SEC foes) and doesn’t make the post-season, however. It’s a good thing he got out at George Mason. The Pats finished 8-23. Yuk!

· College of Charleston, a team Victory still follows faithfully, went 25-8 this season. Virginia knocked them out in the first round of the NCT. CoC now has a prestige of 54. Sometimes, when Victory’s mind is idle, he wonders if that school will ever come calling again and if he would say yes to their overtures. Of course, coach Michael Williamson has survived several attempts at being ousted and has continued a nice program there…

· SW Missouri State wins the ACT, beating Austin Peay in the championship and Ohio State in the semis. East Carolina also reaches the ACT Final Four, giving the state of North Carolina a solid basketball year.

· NBA Draft: SG Marcus Hill gets taken 16th by Cleveland. PG Ian Demory gets nabbed 37th by Philly

Job offers: Actually, here is where things get interesting again for coach Victory, now 55 years old. Going out to the West Region with his Wolfpack exposed him to a lot of teams from that region. Specifically, officials from Arizona State, Cal, Washington State and Oregon approached him (albeit discreetly) about “coming out West” to finish his career.

The coach is intrigued and flattered to say the least. The Pac-10 instead of the ACC? He’s also blown away when Notre Dame makes a bid for his services as well. And Nebraska. And North Carolina again. And Maryland. And Texas Tech. And Kansas State.

“Nah, I can’t go anywhere. I’m a State man and we’re on the verge of a true dynasty here in Raleigh,” Victory muses to himself. “That newspaper columnist said we could win five more titles here, maybe more.

“But it would be neat to see if I can rebuild one more program before I retire. And now, here is Steve Victory, coach of the national champion California Golden Bears… or ASU Sun Devils… or Notre Dame Fighting Irish… or…”
Old 02-05-2007, 11:18 AM   #229
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory Career File

After TWENTY-FIVE (25) Seasons

Year School Overall Conference
2003-04 Central Florida 10-20 5-12
2004-05 Central Florida 7-22 6-11
2005-06 College of Charleston 15-16 7-11
2006-07 College of Charleston 21-9 13-4
2007-08 College of Charleston 25-7 14-4
2008-09 College of Charleston 20-13 14-6
2009-10 Alabama 10-20 5-12
2010-11 Alabama 3-27 2-15
2011-12 Alabama 3-26 1-16
2012-13 Alabama 12-18 4-12
2013-14 Alabama 23-11 9-8
2014-15 Alabama 29-7 15-4
2015-16 Alabama 20-12 12-5
2016-17 Alabama 16-16 11-8
2017-18 Alabama 23-12 13-6
2018-19 Alabama 30-11 12-7
2019-20 Alabama 20-17 12-7
2020-21 Alabama 21-11 10-8
2021-22 NC State 14-16 9-8
2022-23 NC State 12-19 6-12
2023-24 NC State 27-7 15-4
2024-25 NC State 29-11 9-9
2025-26 NC State 36-3 15-2
2026-27 NC State 40-1 19-0
2027-28 NC State 32-7 15-4

Totals 498-339 ... 255-196

Victory's Teams in the Post-Season
2007 College of Charleston 0-1 in ACT
2008 College of Charleston 0-1 in NCT
2009 College of Charleston 0-1 in NCT
2014 Alabama 4-1 in ACT (runners up to Arkansas)
2015 Alabama 1-1 in NCT
2016 Alabama 1-1 in ACT
2018 Alabama 1-1 in NCT
2019 Alabama 6-0 in NCT (national champs over Louisville!)
2020 Alabama 4-1 in ACT (runners up to Florida State)
2021 Alabama 0-1 in NCT
2024 NC State 1-1 in NCT
2025 NC State 6-0 in NCT (national champs over Oklahoma!)
2026 NC State 6-0 in NCT (national champs over Utah)
2027 NC State 5-1 in NCT (national runner-up to Illinois)
2028 NC State 3-1 in NCT

Totals NCT 26-7 ... ACT 9-4

Victory's All-Conference Players
2007 PG Augustinas Dmitrovic (College of Charleston)
2015 PF Michael Bliss (Alabama)
2019 PG Mark Bell (Alabama)
2020 PG David Smith (Alabama)
2022 PG Rogers Gravitt (NC State) - Player of the Year in the ACC
2024 PG Andre Anderson (NC State)
2027 PG Ian Demory & SF Jalen Hemphill (NC State) - Player of the Year in the ACC
2028 PG Ian Demory & SF Calvin Carstensen
(I may be missing some in the last 10 years or so - I didn't always document them in my write-ups)

Victory's NBA Draft Picks
2015 Alabama — Michael Bliss taken 12th overall by Indiana Pacers
2018 Alabama — Alex Henry taken in first round & Michael Slater taken in second round
2019 Alabama — Loren Tracy goes No. 16 to Dallas & Darrell Wynn goes No. 50 to the LA Lakers
2026 NC State — Toni Zupic goes No. 11 to Milwaukee, Michael Stokes goes 25th to Detroit and Andre Baker goes No. 28 to Orlando
2027 NC State — Deon Brown goes No. 10 to New Jersey and Jalen Hemphill goes No. 37 to Memphis
2028 NC State — Marcus Hill goes No. 16 to Cleveland and Ian Demory picked No. 37 by Philadelphia

National Champions By Year
2004 Marquette
2005 Notre Dame
2006 Oklahoma
2007 ??
2008 Kentucky
2009 St. Joseph's
2010 Oregon
2011 Missouri
2012 Arizona
2013 Mississippi State
2014 Georgetown
2015 Arizona
2016 Pittsburgh
2017 Kansas
2018 Oklahoma State
2019 Alabama
2020 Louisville
2021 Illinois
2022 Xavier
2023 Kansas
2024 Colorado
2025 NC State
2026 NC State
2027 Illinois (over Victory's NC State team)
2028 Wake Forest

ACT Champions By Year (i.e. NIT)
2004 Nebraska
2005 Ohio State
2006 TCU
2007 ??
2008 Fordham
2009 Maryland
2010 Notre Dame
2011 Western Illinois
2012 Siena
2013 UConn
2014 Arkansas
2015 North Carolina
2016 Kentucky
2017 Nebraska
2018 Oklahoma
2019 Washington State
2020 Florida State
2021 Indiana
2022 Miami of Ohio
2023 Texas A&M
2024 ???
2025 Nebraska
2026 Georgia Tech
2027 LaSalle
2028 Southwest Missouri State
Old 02-05-2007, 11:20 AM   #230
aztarheel
High School JV

Some other Steve Victory fast facts after 25 years:

NCT Appearances: 11 (wow, less than half!)
National Titles: 3 (1 at Alabama, 2 at NCSU)
Final Four Appearances: 4 (1 at Alabama, 3 at NCSU)
ACT Appearances: 4
ACT Titles: 0
ACT Runner-up: 2 (2014 and 2020 at Alabama)

Conference Regular Season Championships: 6 (2 at CoC, 1 at Alabama, 3 at NCSU)
Conference Tourney Championships: 3 (1 at CoC, 1 at Alabama, 1 at NCSU)
Best Overall Record: 40-1 (2027 at NCSU)
Best Conference Record: 19-0 (2027 at NCSU)
20-Win Seasons: 15
30-Win Seasons: 4
40-Win Seasons: 1
Worst Season Record: 3-27 (2011 at Alabama)
Worst Conference Record: 1-16 (2012 at Alabama)

NBA Draft Picks: 14 (though several others Victory recruited went on to the NBA)
First-round Picks: 8
Best Recruiting Class: 2nd (2024 at NCSU)
Worst Recruiting Class: 320 (2021 at Alabama)

Interesting that Victory has won as many NCT titles as conference tournament titles...

Now, where will the ol' coach be in Year 26? Stay tuned...
Old 02-05-2007, 11:22 AM   #231
aztarheel
High School JV

posted by Astros02

Take the Texas Tech job! I'm biased to Lubbock anyway...
Old 02-06-2007, 09:55 AM   #232
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL - Summer 2028

To: All Media
Subject: Upcoming press event for men's basketball

N.C. State men’s basketball coach Steve Victory will hold a special press conference this Thursday at 11 a.m. The conference will be held in Room 107 of the Amato Sports Complex. No subject has been specified by the coach. All credentialed media are invited to attend.

-30-
Old 02-06-2007, 10:26 AM   #233
aztarheel
High School JV

Posted by: Astros02

Victory to leave NC State?
By:The Colonel

Thursday at 11 AM, Steve Victory will be holding a press conference? Could he be leaving for potential powerhouse Texas Tech, announcing a re-signing, or maybe even retiring? Who knows?

Victory has been dissapointed the past 2 years by not winning a championship, including 2 years ago when they went to the title game undefeated. Steve has not been a man of patience, leaving Charleston and Alabama when a better job offer came up.

All signs point to Coach Victory leaving N.C. State, leaving the team in shambles after the 2 star players opted for the NBA draft. Victory has one 3 National titles in his career, and this N.C. State fan will be quite angry if he leaves.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:30 AM   #234
aztarheel
High School JV

Dear Colonel,

First off, this is a little embarassing to say but I’m your biggest fan. It is not often that an accomplished entrepeneur such as yourself can excel at such diverse activities.

I hope that Coach Victory does not leave Raleigh for greener pastures. He has been a remarkable leader for our Wolfpack and I believe his dynasty will be remembered for years to come. I know that I will be listening to WPTF on Thursday morning to hear whatever our faithful leader has to say.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours in your upcoming trial. All of us Court TV fans know that it was Professor Plum in the Conservatory with a rope and not you. In closing, I have always found your columns to be illuminating and your chicken to be finger licking good.

Best Regards,

Anthony Underhill
Old 02-06-2007, 05:53 PM   #235
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – Spring/Summer 2028

Victory may leave successful Wolfpack program

By BEN DOVER
Associated Press

RALEIGH - Steve Victory won’t return as N.C. State’s men’s basketball coach next season, several sources close to the program say.

But no one is quite sure where he’s going and why he may be leaving.

Victory has scheduled a special press conference for Thursday morning at 11 a.m. but has refused to discuss the specifics of what he is going to announce. Many within the basketball program believe it will be his farewell to a school he has directed to two national championships and one national runner-up finish over the past seven seasons.

“I can’t imagine why he wants to leave but from all appearances it looks like he’s outta here,” said one source within the basketball office who requested anonymity. "I wonder if the fact that he couldn't complete that perfect undefeated season two years ago is eating at him. There has been some backlash over that among a segment of Wolfpack faithful. And everybody knows, State fans can be a finnicky bunch."

Victory, who left on Friday for “some time away” at his secluded beach house near Charleston, has declined to throw anyone a bone on what he’s thinking. Several ideas have been floated over the past few days around water coolers and in Internet chat rooms. None can be confirmed. All sound plausible yet outrageous at the same time:

1) Victory is leaving to take a coaching job at another school. The list of schools he is “rumored” to be taking over is as endless as his film sessions before a big game. But again, why would someone so covetous of wins and championships – just look at his last name – be eager to leave a program that has just now developed into a national power?

2) Victory is leaving to take a job in the NBA. The Charlotte Bobcats and Miami Heat are both looking for new leaders after firing their coaches at the end of poor 2028 seasons. Victory, a Florida native, is pretty outspoken against the NBA, especially with how the league raids colleges for underclassman players, but has never said outright that he wouldn’t want to coach an NBA team.

3) Victory is retiring from coaching. Though only 55, he has been stalking college sidelines for 25 years now and could be ready to hang up the whistle (especially now that his twins, Stevie and Stephanie, are getting ready to play college ball themselves).

4) Victory isn’t leaving, just announcing a long-term deal to finish his career with the Wolfpack. State officials hinted before the end of last season that they wanted to shore up a new 10-year pact with Victory that would keep him living comfortably in Raleigh for the next decade. There have been no reports of contract hang-ups during negotiations. He's not the highest paid coach in the ACC despite his recent fame and good fortune.

“I wish I could tell you what he’s up to,” said Julius Hodge, a former NCSU hoops standout who is now the Pack’s sports information director. “It’s weird. No one seems to know, not the AD, not the chancellor, not the players. I wonder if Steve even knows.”

One highly placed source who asked not to be identified believes Victory will take the open position at Texas Tech University. “They are offering him tons of money and will essentially make him king of Lubbock, as if that’s something to write home about,” the source said. “Since the South is so crowded with stellar hoops programs, he may want some elbow room further West.”

Victory joked with reporters during the most recent NCT that he’d change his last name to O’Victory to be the next coach of Notre Dame. While the comment seemed to be in jest there are some who believe the coach would love a chance to coach at such a prestigious school, which is currently looking for a new leader. “Digger Phelps and Jim Valvano were two of his biggest heroes,” said a former assistant coach. “He could say he followed in both of their footsteps if he now linked up with the Irish.”

Some even believe Victory will trade ACC allegiances. North Carolina has pursued the coach strongly the past three seasons in its attempts to climb back to the forefront of the college basketball scene. “Tar Heel administrators can’t stand how far behind the school has fallen,” said UNC alum Scott Cherry, a player in the 1990s and now head of the Rams Club fund-raising group. “Basketball is the paramount sport here. If it means stealing away the coach who has built a nearby power in order for us to move back up, then so be it. We’ll offer him a mint to come to Chapel Hill.”

Several Pac-10 schools made strong overtures to Victory during State’s recent play in the West Region of the NCT. Oregion, Arizona State, Cal and Washington State are all looking for new coaches. Kansas State of the Big 12 is also in the hunt for a new mentor. “We’d love to have him, but we’ve had no contact,” said KSU AD Bill Wilhelm.

Those who believe he will retire site the fact that Victory’s kids are both going into college – on difference coasts. Stevie Junior will be a freshman shooting guard at College of Charleston this fall (fueling more rumors that the elder Victory will return there to coach his son). Stephanie Victory will play at San Diego State for Lianne Perry, who is trying to revive her coaching career after a series of scandals with East Coast schools. “He and his wife did buy a new RV from us a month ago,” said Cletus Coltraine of North Raleigh Auto Sales.

For now, though, Victory is making everyone wait. The ball is in his court, and he’s clearly not inclined to say anything about his future until Thursday morning.

“I just hope he doesn’t leave us,” said Rita Walter, a science professor at NCSU. “He’s awesome for the university and keeps the parties coming to Hillsborough Street.”

There may be mourning on Hillsborough Street on Thursday, however. But then again, maybe not.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:54 PM   #236
aztarheel
High School JV

“They are offering him tons of money and will essentially make him king of Lubbock, as if that’s something to write home about,”

You bastard...you....bastard!!!

QUOTE (Astros02 @ Aug 26 2003, 04:59 PM)

You bastard...you....bastard!!!

Sorry Astros — just having a little fun... Actually I lived in Lubbock for a year in the mid-1990s and I found it was a great place... (seriously)... The people are genuine and the community seems tight-knit... Folks there looked after me real well...

Sorry to take a jab — unfortunately, that’s how many folks in Raleigh (where I grew up) would think about Lubbock... Who knows, maybe Steve Victory will end up at good ol’ Texas Tech after all...
Old 02-07-2007, 10:57 AM   #237
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL - Summer 2028

Phone conversation, Sunday night...

Steve, man, throw me a bone. What are you thinking? I can’t figure you out. Are you leaving State? You realize this affects me, too. I wouldn’t mind being in Wolfpack red again — just at the head of the bench...

Patience, little brother. You’ll find out in due time. Thursday, to be exact.

You’re retiring aren’t you?

Actually, I’m not sure yet what I’m doing. Are you recording this?

What are you talking about?!? But you’ve scheduled a press conference and everything.

I did that to give myself a deadline. You know, I don’t want to drag things out, kind of like the Roy Williams sagas of years ago. I knew if I created such a stir, I’d have to decide.

So, do you know which way you’re leaning at all? I mean the press conference is only a few days away.

Well, when I first set the press conference, I fully intended to retire. It was the perfect time. I just completed my 25th year. We had won two NCT titles and contended for two others. Great players are returning for the next coach. My twins, Stevie and Stephanie, will be freshman players at Charleston and San Diego State. I bought an RV, and the Mrs. and I were going to travel around the country watching our kids hoop it up. I could walk away satisfied.

Then what happened?

The Final Four, that’s what. You remember me, watching the Texas-Illinois game. I coached from the luxury box the whole time. I realized then that coaching is in my blood. We had a family pow-wow, and the kids gave me their blessing to keep going. They’re a lot like me. They’re independent. They like having me around but want their space from me at the same time. “It would be weird to see you in an RV, buying tickets like everyone else,” Stevie told me. “You belong on the bench. Just not my team’s bench.” You got to love the kid.

So, you’re coming back to State then?

Well, here is where things get interesting. I thought that, too. I’ll just sign a contract for life and coach in Raleigh until I fall dead out of my Wolfpack red chair. But then I started getting all these other offers. “We can offer you a fresh start.” “We can offer you a chance to build.” And then it hit me. I’m a builder. I love building programs. And I thought to myself, “Wonder if I could build one more program into an NCT champ?” And I let myself linger over the offers, and things went from there...

So, you’re definitely leaving State then?

I’m not 100 percent leaving, but most likely will go. The Wolfpack program is in great shape. Grandma could come in and coach these boys into the Elite Eight. Even you could.

Ouch.

Just kidding, little bro. You’re a great coach. I do personally think it’s impossible to build a dynasty at Alabama... Something’s in the water there that prevents teams from sustaining greatness...

So where are you going? And I disagree on the Alabama thing by the way...

Well, I’m not sure yet. I’ve got three serious offers on the table. I think I blew my chance with Texas Tech, however, based on some comments some folks around here made about Lubbock. Even though it wasn’t me, word got back to Tech officials that I was a stuck up Easterner, and they’ve shied away. But they’re still in the running for me...

Can you at least give me the top three?

Thursday morning, I’ll give you the winner. Who knows, it may be State and I may lock up a long term deal to stay here. The head honchos from the NCSU athletic department are coming tonight to Charleston to talk... Of course the Mrs. and I might rethink retirement as well... You can see how my last week has been. Every option looks great, then another looks better, then yet another one looks even better. Why don’t you tell me where to go...

I’ll bet you’re off to Notre Dame... That school fits your personality... Of course, it wouldn’t surprise me to see you at North Carolina next year — though State fans would shoot you dead if you did. You always did like to pretend you were Dean Smith when we formed hoops teams in the neighborhood...

Yeah, and you always liked to be Roscoe Peeco Train when we played Dukes of Hazzard.

Shut up...
Old 02-07-2007, 10:59 AM   #238
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Quote:
Congratulations on your lifetime contact, coach. What's it like out on the West Coast by the way? I hear good things.

-- Steve Victory, head men's basketball coach at NC State

Thanks Steve. You should come on out. Now that Tim Floyd has retired, there's always the men's basketball program that needs a coach and the PAC-10 is a heck of a hoops conference.

[email protected]

--Thomas B. Macaulay
Old 02-07-2007, 11:02 AM   #239
aztarheel
High School JV

[Author's Note: I kept people hanging for like a week on this, and I even was in a dilemma as to what to do next with my character (hence the delay). It was fun watching folks try to figure it out, and I'm amazed at how time I wasted over this game (but hey, it's fun right?)]

posted by yanksare

Twas the Night before the press conference and all through the house, not a creature was stirring not even a wolf

Ding Dong

Stevie, let me in.

Jeff, what are you doing here? I thought you were still in Alabama.

No way. I had to be here in person for this.

I’m glad you’re here little brother. Let’s go in. I doubt I will be getting any sleep tonight.

What are all these cups doing all over your kitchen? There must be a dozen cups half full sitting around. Did you have a party earlier?

Nah. Jonathan was over earlier.

Oh. Yeah, that would explain it. He never finishes what he starts. So, whatcha gonna do Stevie? Author's note - a little dig at a dynasty poster who kept starting new stories and never finishing them. Hilarious.

Well, I think I’m going to.......

More Speculation from the Colonel

Well soldiers, it looks like the press conference is going to be on later today, live from Charleston. From what I’ve heard, not even Coach V knows what he is going to do, but I have a gut feeling NC State will be looking for a new coach. But who would be a good candidate? His brother Jeff, his assistant, hell, his grandmother could probably coach them from her grave and win a title!

You’re not welcome back by me, Steve! You have caused way too much speculation here, and we don’t want you here anymore! Leave for your hicktown Lubbock or something, anywhere far from here! Oh, and have a yearly game here so we can watch your teams be obliterated! (Hey, technology could let columns have this 25 years from now)
Old 02-07-2007, 11:06 AM   #240
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – Summer 2028 (still)

We now join the Steve Victory press conference live via a feed from WRAL-TV 5 in Raleigh…

Steve Victory is seated at a table in the Amato Athletic Building conference room with the N.C. State logo prominently displayed behind him. In one corner, a group of basketball players, all dressed in shirt and tie, sit with sullen looks. His wife is seated next to him. The Sheriff slips into the back row, trying not to be noticed…

“When I planned this press conference more than a week ago, I had the full intention of retiring from coaching,” Victory started out. “It’s a long story why, but I felt satisfied at what I had accomplished in 25 years and that I had brought N.C. State basketball to a place where it could compete for national titles for years to come with or without me. With my kids headed off to college to play ball, I thought this was a good time to get out of the game, buy an RV and enjoy the ‘good life.’

“But my kids played a big role in keeping me in the game, and I realized quickly that RVs are too small to live in and too hard to drive. It didn’t take long for us all to decide my place was still on the bench, on the recruiting trail and in the locker room… But through much thought, prayer and anguish I’ve decided to finish out my career somewhere other than N.C. State University.

“As of today, I have resigned as coach of the Wolfpack. Tomorrow afternoon, I officially will be welcomed as the new coach of the California Golden Bears.

“It’s another long story how I am ending up at Cal. But a few things came into play. One, a chance to build another program, a big part of what I love about college basketball. Two, the chance to be closer to my daughter, Stephanie, who will be playing ball at San Diego State – but not too close that I drive her nuts. And three, a chance to build without really interfering with all that has been done here in Raleigh. I figured if I ever left State, I would get as far away as possible so the next coach would have all the elbow room he needed to keep growing the program. I know that will happen with me on a different coast.

“This is my last move. No matter what, I am finishing out my career at Cal, whether it be one more year or 20.

“I will always treasure my years here at NCSU. They have been my best so far. I wish the Wolfpack the best of luck in the future and will always hold a special place in my heart for the red and white of N.C. State.”

With that, Victory and his wife step down from the podium and dash off for a new life – in Berkeley, California of all places…
Old 02-07-2007, 11:21 AM   #241
aztarheel
High School JV

CALIFORNIA?! CALIFORNIA?!

Who’s replacing coach V at NC State?

Sources close to the program report that the Sheriff will take over the Wolfpack (he began lobbying for the position as soon as Victory left the press conference, standing up and working the room in front of the cameras). He plans to bring his top assistant, Fred Franks with him if he gets the job...

Posted by: jksander
Good luck in Cali, Coach V!
Old 02-07-2007, 11:23 AM   #242
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – Season 26 (in Cali!!)

Victory liked the look of his new team the moment he saw their first workout. This group was raw, but the potential was there for greatness.

California basketball in 2028 seems much like N.C. State’s when Victory took over that program seven years earlier. The Golden Bears’ national prestige is above average (a respectable 61). The incoming freshmen (we’ll meet them and the other fellas below) are considered “superior” in talent. Former coach Colin Dahl may have been ousted for not winning enough but he brought in the sixth-best recruiting class in the nation for 2028-29! Thank you very much…

Cal’s lone NCT title in men’s hoops came in 1959 when the Bears beat Jerry West and the West Virginia Mountaineers 71-70. Cal also won the ACT in 1999. Dahl led the Bears to 11 NCT appearances in his 25 years (the same number as Victory during that span) but had been on an NCT drought of seven seasons.

Dahl’s best season came in 2009 when the Bears nearly won it all (finishing second to St. Joe’s). Dahl’s crew made the ACT Final Four in 2027 (runner-up) and 2027 (semifinalist), but the administration clearly wanted more – hence their aggressive pursuit of Victory (behind closed doors for awhile of course).

“We think you should be able to get this team to the NCT this season,” administrators tell the coach in early November. That may be tough with the usual transition adjustments but not impossible. Cal’s overall talent level is considered “good” and the challenge is considered “easy.”

The pressure is on... Victory is ready...

Last edited by aztarheel : 02-07-2007 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:27 AM   #243
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Steve,

Congrats on the new job. It'll be nice to have a friendly face on campus up there to go have a beer with when we whip the Bears on the football field.

-Coach Bear Growlz,
USC Football

[email protected]

--Thomas B. Macaulay
Old 02-07-2007, 11:38 AM   #244
devynd
n00b

I love this story. It's great how Steve Victory never really becomes a good guy. He ditches Alabama for an ACC school and then turns right around and goes to Pac-10 oblivion. It's interesting to see him take a step down to Cal. I wonder what he can do with it -- although of course that has already been decided.

It was strange listening to the scores on ESPN Radio last week; the last two were Alabama losing to LSU and N.C. State ahead, and it made me think of Steve Victory. I guess that's when you know it's a good story!
devynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:53 AM   #245
aztarheel
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by devynd View Post
I love this story. It's great how Steve Victory never really becomes a good guy. He ditches Alabama for an ACC school and then turns right around and goes to Pac-10 oblivion. It's interesting to see him take a step down to Cal. I wonder what he can do with it -- although of course that has already been decided.

It was strange listening to the scores on ESPN Radio last week; the last two were Alabama losing to LSU and N.C. State ahead, and it made me think of Steve Victory. I guess that's when you know it's a good story!

It's scary when you can't sleep at night because you're wondering what to do with your FICTIONAL life... I hadn't realized just how restless Steve Victory was until re-posting everything... It's like the grass is always greener somewhere else... Thanks for tuning in ...
Old 02-07-2007, 11:58 AM   #246
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

What made you choose Cal? Aside from the fact they're named Bears, which is always a good thing mind you.

[email protected]

--Thomas B. Macaulay
Old 02-07-2007, 01:08 PM   #247
aztarheel
High School JV

Steve Victory JOURNAL – Season 26 (2028-29)

So who are the new players that have Victory excited about being on the Left Coast:

THE STARTERS:
PG Josh Archey (sophomore – looks solid but small at 5-10)
SG Aaron Thomas (6-1 sophomore – also looks stellar)
SF Russell Slaughter (6-3 senior – team leader it looks like, wish he was younger)
PF Miran Lekivicius (6-5 frosh – again, a small guy)
C Jerome Frederick (7-0 frosh – Cal’s one “big guy” starter)

Early assessment: The Bears are small but scrappy. Victory hasn’t had much good fortune with 7-footers. Maybe Frederick will be different. Can Cal get rebounds? That’s a big key.

THE RESERVES:
C Ben Ward (6-10 frosh, gotta get his grades up!)
SF Larry Jordan (6-6 senior, decent sub)
PF Louis Sykes (6-9 senior – decent size and ratings)
SF Greg Knight (6-6 senior – won’t play much)
SF Aaron Williams (6-8 soph – space filler)
SG James McNeil (6-4 junior – decent outside shooter, not much else)
PG Seth Glosier (6-0 senior – walk-on who joined when Victory cut a lousy player)

RECRUITING:
Victory gets to fill a lot of spots quickly – five in all this first year, more if someone opts to jump to the NBA early… Will the coach, a lifetime Southerner, find recruiting tough in the West or will the challenge make him work that much harder?

ASSISTANT COACHES:
Victory brings in two new guys (Ricardo Calloway and Drew Marshall) and keeps one from the old regime, the lead assistant Matt Cotton. The four will have the four recruiting regions covered – three are excellent and one is good at recruiting… Wish he could have brought some of his assistants from NCSU, but the game doesn't permit it (without editing)...

THE GAMES
Cal’s first game in the Victory era at Cal – and this is truly ironic – will come against N.C. State. This was put on the schedule by the ADs (nothing I engineered through editing or rescheduling). And with the Sheriff (Jeff “Roscoe” Wilt) taking over the Wolfpack program, this promises to be an electric start to the 2028-29 season. The Pack will come to Berkeley. The little brother will be favored to beat the big bro in this one… We’ll see what happens… [Author's Note: I laughed my head off when the game generated this match-up -- it fed me a great story line.]

A FEW OTHER NOTES:
With The Sheriff skipping to his third program, former Steve Victory player Michael Bliss will take over the Alabama Crimson Tide. He’s young but energetic... Victory’s son, Stevie, has been put into the game as a freshman SG for College of Charleston. He looks pretty solid (yes, I was generous in the editing department here—what the heck...)... Former Victory player Jabari Tucker (Charleston) is the new coach at George Mason, which had a horrible season in 2028... Once again, some editing from yours truly...
Old 02-07-2007, 07:36 PM   #248
aztarheel
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by beargrowlz View Post
What made you choose Cal? Aside from the fact they're named Bears, which is always a good thing mind you.

To answer your question, I'm not totally sure. I was living in Arizona at the time I wrote this dynasty and had become intrigued by the Pac-10 (a switch from being an ACC guy). I never really intended for Steve to leave NC State, but when a bunch of Pac-10 jobs opened in the off-season, I jumped at the best one. That would be Cal.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:31 PM   #249
Jeff Wilt
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarheel View Post
It's scary when you can't sleep at night because you're wondering what to do with your FICTIONAL life... I hadn't realized just how restless Steve Victory was until re-posting everything... It's like the grass is always greener somewhere else... Thanks for tuning in ...

The only real life comparison I can think of off hand is Larry Brown who seems to jump around a lot and almost always wins a championship. On a different note, I'm really glad you resurrected this dynasty because it truly stands up after a few years. Also, are you adding new graphics or did I just forget them?
Jeff Wilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:28 PM   #250
aztarheel
High School JV

The graphics are new -- I like how Bear Growlz has incorporated those into his story. And I'm procastinating at work...