Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #151
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Yes. I like being fancy and coy with my reveals.

The Duke is here gentlemen. Lock up your wives and your daughters!!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:15 PM   #152
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, I am going to do my best to keep a running total

Official lynch vote

DaddyTorgo-2- DT, Autumn
Autumn-1 Hoops
J23-1 DV

Unofficial Lynch Vote

Schmidty- Autumn (150)
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:15 PM   #153
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote DaddyTorgo
Old 08-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #154
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Official lynch vote

DaddyTorgo-3- DT, Autumn, Lathum
Autumn-1 Hoops
J23-1 DV

Unofficial Lynch Vote

Schmidty- Autumn (150)
Old 08-04-2010, 04:19 PM   #155
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'll go along:

vote DaddyTorgo

My unofficial, for now, is Hoops. We've been same side only four or five times vs. probably twenty times being opposites so I'll take that gamble early.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:22 PM   #156
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Vote DaddyTorgo

I'm offended. After all the nice things I said about Colin???

Old 08-04-2010, 04:23 PM   #157
hoopsguy
General Manager

UNVOTE AUTUMN
VOTE DADDYTORGO

Will catch up with reading a bit later when I get out of meetings and conference calls, but it seems like this is the direction people are going.

My unofficial, if we are supposed to name these, are the person I initially voted for today. For no particularly good reason, other than Day 1 hijinks and trying to avoid narrowing early game votes always on same people.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #158
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Official lynch vote

DaddyTorgo-5- DT, Autumn, Lathum, PB, Hoops
J23-1 DV

Unofficial Lynch Vote

Schmidty- Autumn (150)
Autumn-Hoops (157)
Hoops- PB (155)
Old 08-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #159
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Declaring that whoever doesn't follow a "group" plan that's thought of by one person is a wolf is not by any means a given. Our group plans seldom have worked for the reason that not everyone has to agree with it, nor take orders in how to play from anyone else.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:31 PM   #160
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

friendly reminder to sign up for WW fantasy football.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:32 PM   #161
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
UNVOTE AUTUMN
VOTE DADDYTORGO

Will catch up with reading a bit later when I get out of meetings and conference calls, but it seems like this is the direction people are going.

My unofficial, if we are supposed to name these, are the person I initially voted for today. For no particularly good reason, other than Day 1 hijinks and trying to avoid narrowing early game votes always on same people.

*gasp* I am shocked! You seemed so sure! I am crushed. Hoops I am never believing you again. My hero worship image of you is shattered.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:33 PM   #162
MrBug708
Head Coach

Since its the biggest thing since sliced bread

vote daddytorgo
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:33 PM   #163
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Declaring that whoever doesn't follow a "group" plan that's thought of by one person is a wolf is not by any means a given. Our group plans seldom have worked for the reason that not everyone has to agree with it, nor take orders in how to play from anyone else.

If you have a better strategy I am more than willing to hear it, however, I am of the opinion that if there is a plan that helps the village and someone is against it then they are against it for a reason. Especially on D1 with all things being equal.

And no one is giving orders, people can make any choice they want, that is their right. It is also the right of anyone to be suspicious of another player for any reason, legitimate or not.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #164
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Don't like the early runaway. I"ll go with Autumn's plan as it always goes until the end and screws us. Might change.

VOTE SCHIMDTY
Old 08-04-2010, 04:35 PM   #165
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

CF, I would be interested to hear why you disagree with the proposed plan.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #166
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You're putting things in my mouth I have not said. Thanks for that. I didn't even read it through really. Doesn't matter to me what it says. Everytime someone says "This is my plan. Every follow it now! It's the best plan ever" it never works. Why? Everyone makes up their own mind about what the best way to catch a wolf is. And since it's a game everyone puts their vote where they want. With that being the case every time it is attempted to "organize" something like that, it is unhelpful to say "well so and so didn't follow my plan and is therefore a wolf." <------This is what I'm saying and have repeated in , oh, about 4 games of werewolf before.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:01 PM   #167
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I find it interesting you haven't read the proposed plan, yet claim it won't work. If you think the best way to catch a wolf D1 is with a blind uneducated vote that's fine, I would rather have some sort of plan that can help us down the road.

As far as thinking someone who doesn't want to follow my plan, let alone read it, is a wolf, that is certainly my prerogative.

I suppose we will have to agree to disagree on this one.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:17 PM   #168
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Yup, DT seems to be saying he is the duke.

VOTE DADDYTORGO

If you're going to make an unofficial vote as well, it would be best to CAPS it without bolding. That way, we won't miss it, but Danny won't count it as a vote.

I haven't decided who I like for an unofficial vote yet.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:00 PM   #169
J23
College Benchwarmer

I can get behind the plan.

VOTE DADDYTORGO

my unofficial vote will be:

VOTE DV

Just a heads up, but I won't be around later tonight for discussion and such, and likely most of the day tomorrow. I'll be doing a lot of catchup at this time tomorrow (provided I'm still alive that is). Don't feel bad voting for the absent guy however, I'm not any more special than usual (tonight at least).
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:07 PM   #170
The Jackal
Coordinator

Busy day for me

vote dt
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #171
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Official lynch vote

DaddyTorgo-8- DT, Autumn, Lathum, PB, Hoops, Bug, CR, J23
J23-1 DV
Schmidty-1-CF

Unofficial Lynch Vote

Schmidty-1 Autumn (150)
Autumn-1 Hoops (157)
Hoops-1 PB (155)
DV-1 J23 (169)
Old 08-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #172
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Official lynch vote

DaddyTorgo-9- DT, Autumn, Lathum, PB, Hoops, Bug, CR, J23, Jackal
J23-1 DV
Schmidty-1-CF

Unofficial Lynch Vote

Schmidty-1 Autumn (150)
Autumn-1 Hoops (157)
Hoops-1 PB (155)
DV-1 J23 (169)
Old 08-04-2010, 06:14 PM   #173
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am out of time (heading to the other job), so I have to put in an unofficial vote.

I have no idea who to go for, but I'm not wild about anyone voted on so far. Going on vibe, the most suspicious to me are Bug (that's completely vibe, could be I haven't played with him much) and CF, with him looking askance at the plan.

I am going to with UNOFFICAL VOTE: Crimson Fox.

I'm away until after deadline, so good luck everyone.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #174
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'm finally checking in.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #175
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
...but I just hate to get stuck later in the game with people who haven't put many thoughts down in words.

Sometimes I wish I could invent a never-ending bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream, or Quarter Pounder with Cheese gum....
Old 08-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #176
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'll go along with th vote train.

VOTE DT
Old 08-04-2010, 07:33 PM   #177
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Sometimes I wish I could invent a never-ending bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream, or Quarter Pounder with Cheese gum....

Good choice in ice cream. Consider yourself safe from a day 2 vote, barring you getting fingered overnight by the seer
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #178
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK< we have about an hour and 18 minutes until deadline and only 5 "unofficial" votes for DT to choose from unless my count is off. I am going to break the logjam and vote AUTUMN. CF jumps out at me as well but I don't think a wolf would be so outspoken about a D1 villager plan.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:45 PM   #179
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Unofficial Lynch Vote

Schmidty-1 Autumn (150)
Autumn-2 Hoops (157), Lathum (178)
Hoops-1 PB (155)
DV-1 J23 (169)
CF-1- CR (173)
Old 08-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #180
Autumn
Head Coach

Well this is a problem I hadn't anticipated. It seems most everyone has voted, but most people are "forgetting" to vote for an actual candidate. Does everyone understand that they're still supposed to vote their normal vote as well? We still need to have an actual voting record or we've just wasted day one.

Since Schmidty has checked in I feel free to move my vote, since we have way too much spread (and obviously I'm not a fan of the leading candidate). I'm not quite sure where I'm going to move it yet. I'm still not a fan of Schmidty's style here, showing up and adding nothing to the conversation. If he's a wolf then on day 6 we come back and have absolutely nothing to judge him on (or if he's a villager). CF seems to be throwing a monkey wrench in a fairly solid plan everyone is following for no good reason. DV just strikes me as off with his out of the blue vote on J23. Hoops I don't have any real suspicion on yet, and I feel he's too useful as a villager to just off for no reason.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:01 PM   #181
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am starting to think about people who are voting for DT with their official vote than not voting for an "unofficial" candidate. People may just be taking their time, but if it gets closer to the deadline I will probably consider shifting my vote to one of them or to CF.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #182
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm going to move my unofficial vote to CF. He seems more ornery than usual. I feel like Lathum's plan has a pretty good chance of outing a wolf duke if we have one, or at the very least of keeping the duke power out of wolf's hands. Given that, it would not be surprising if the wolves were trying to squirm out of it.

unofficially UNVOTE SCHMIDTY
unofficially VOTE CRIMSONFOX
Old 08-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #183
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I am starting to think about people who are voting for DT with their official vote than not voting for an "unofficial" candidate. People may just be taking their time, but if it gets closer to the deadline I will probably consider shifting my vote to one of them or to CF.

Yeah I'm worried that we've given people a perfect day one out. "Oh I voted for DT, I didn't realize we were supposed to vote someone else."
Old 08-04-2010, 08:03 PM   #184
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Yeah I'm worried that we've given people a perfect day one out. "Oh I voted for DT, I didn't realize we were supposed to vote someone else."

I wouldn't accept this as an excuse from anyone, the plan was very simple and straightforward.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #185
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So it seems Jackal, Bug, and DT haven't submitted their "unofficial" candidates. Of these 3 Jackal makes me the most nervous, comes in with a quick "I'm busy" hit and run vote. It is the perfect set up for claiming down the road he didn't have a chance to fully look things over.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #186
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Autumn-2 Hoops (157), Lathum (178)
Hoops-1 PB (155)
DV-1 J23 (169)
CF-2- CR (173), Autumn (182)
Old 08-04-2010, 08:15 PM   #187
Autumn
Head Coach

Looks like we have two non-voters, right?
Old 08-04-2010, 08:19 PM   #188
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Looks like we have two non-voters, right?

I think NTN is the only non voter for the official vote.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:19 PM   #189
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

This is true. If the group nominates someone that I think is totally nuts then I reserve the right not to go with it.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:22 PM   #190
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So it seems Jackal, Bug, and DT haven't submitted their "unofficial" candidates. Of these 3 Jackal makes me the most nervous, comes in with a quick "I'm busy" hit and run vote. It is the perfect set up for claiming down the road he didn't have a chance to fully look things over.

Didn't think I necessarily had too...since I'm the duke and all. My D1 vote will be whoever I duke it to obviously.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:24 PM   #191
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
This is true. If the group nominates someone that I think is totally nuts then I reserve the right not to go with it.

This completely goes against the impression you gave this morning that you were on board.

The reason why logical plans don't work is because people choose to not go along with them, using the logic that someone always messes it up, in turn being the one themselves to mess it up.

I'm sorry DT, but to me it reeks if you put yourself in the line of fire in order to use the ability, then don't follow the wishes of the people who agree to go along with a plan that will be helpful for the village.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #192
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I think NTN is the only non voter for the official vote.

I guess I missed somebody in my count then, that's all right.

I'm inclined to switch to NTN if he's truly going to miss the vote. He's been here, made a big deal about how "wolfy" it was that I wanted to vote out people who did not check in today, made some comments, and then didn't vote?
Old 08-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #193
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This completely goes against the impression you gave this morning that you were on board.

The reason why logical plans don't work is because people choose to not go along with them, using the logic that someone always messes it up, in turn being the one themselves to mess it up.

I'm sorry DT, but to me it reeks if you put yourself in the line of fire in order to use the ability, then don't follow the wishes of the people who agree to go along with a plan that will be helpful for the village.

So says the guy with "World's Greatest Wolf" as his title.

I'm just saying - if everyone was like "oooh Hoopsguy is my vote" but I had some "tell" I noticed in Hoops' play that let me know he wasn't a wolf...I wouldn't blindly follow along and lynch a villager.

Similarly - if everyone wanted me to duke it to myself or something, I'd say "umm fuck no."
Old 08-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #194
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Didn't think I necessarily had too...since I'm the duke and all. My D1 vote will be whoever I duke it to obviously.

It shouldn't be. The whole point of this is to still have a voting history, in order to do that we need a vote from as many people as possible with you duking to the candidate the majority chooses, thus recreating D1 as accurately as possible while removing the duke from the game.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #195
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

No, no, the whole point is that you have to vote, like a normal day. And that you only duke the person who wins the vote. So it's a regular voting day. If you're a wolf you don't get to pull any stunts, if you're a villager you don't pull any boneheaded moves. If you just duke as usual the whole thing is wasted.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #196
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh man, Lathum keeps saying the same things as me while I'm typing. I should just let you do the talking, Lathum.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #197
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

DT, I would understand you not duking to yourself, but short of you being the lead candidate any deviation from the majority candidate just hurts the village and completely wastes today.

If you have a "tell" on someone reveal it and try to get the vote swung towards or away from that person.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:34 PM   #198
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm caught up and looking to be more relevant than my placeholder. I don't like casting off CF simply for questioning an idea, so I'll move to Autumn and put some pressure on DT to actually follow through with our wishes.

UNOFFICIAL VOTE AUTUMN
Old 08-04-2010, 08:35 PM   #199
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Autumn-3 Hoops (157), Lathum (178) PB (198)
Hoops-1 PB (155)
DV-1 J23 (169)
CF-2- CR (173), Autumn (182)
Old 08-04-2010, 08:35 PM   #200
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Do I have to unofficially unvote?