Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-20-2011, 06:42 PM   #101
BYU 14
Coordinator

04/25/2011 (BSS) - Bishop's Stortford 17-11-12 (7th) @ Lewes 13-11-16 (14th)
Record vs Opponent 1-0-0Att: 314Favorite: Bishop's 5-4
Weather: Drizzle 48 degreesDMC - Martins
GK - EyreAMC - Uwezu
DL/R - Chicksen / M.JonesAML/R - Scott / Barnes
DC - Diagne / CoxST - Whitwell / Hopkinson
MinFirst Half
3rdEarly on Uwezu begins to build the attack, passing back to Martins, who wins the ball from Back but is tripped earning Beck a quick booking for Lewes.
15thDiagne plays it to Uwezu who goes on a nice run finding Whitwell just outside the area, Whitwell loses Holtman and finds the top corner from 20 yard out!!! 1-0
22ndA physical game is unfolding as Murphy is tripped up on a hard tackle by Matt Jones, with Jones getting an immediate yellow.
38thMartins knocks it out for a throw in and Lewes sets up with Wheeler trying for Scott in the area, but Chicksen heads it clear, leaving Scott crying for a penalty.
45th+Stoppage time and we look to pad the lead and it is all Whitwell, jinking Michael Scott and firing it low to the left post with Winterton making a huge save for Lewes.
Second Half
46thWhitwell is having a hell of a game but is bushed, so I bring Jackman in for him at striker and Nanetti on for Gavin Scott at AML
51stPhysical play between Uwezu and Beck, with Beck hitting the pitch after a tussle. 50/50 challenge, but Uwezu is booked and is not pleased about it.
68thThrow in for Lewes and Farrell wins it over Cox, the ball deflects to Wheeler with a clear shot and he heads it over….
69thAttacking off of the goal kick Martins gets it ahead quickly to Hopkinson and Hoopy is free, driving it in on goal, but it's right at the keeper who holds on.
76thHopkinson is taken down on a challenge from Beck and he is going to be done for the day. I go to a 5-3-2 as DC Nicholas comes on.
We look to shut it down, but Lewes still manages to create four chances the rest of the way, but non are on target and we have done our part to stay alive
Final: Bishop's Stortford 1 - Lewes 0MOM: Simon Cox (Bishop's) 9.0
Possession: Bishop's 54/46Shots: Lewes 9 -8
Goals (Bishop's): Whitwell 15'
Goals (Lewes): None

The good news, Hopkinson is OK and will play in our final game, but from here it goes downhill.

Diagne (Gash on Leg) and Nanetti (Bone bruise) will miss our season finale. Now from bad to worse as Eastleigh and Dover both win their matches and lock up the last two playoff spots, so we will be back in BSS next season despite a solid late run. Totally sucks as we played our asses off late and will fall just short. Of course, we could have put ourselves in a better position if we had held the lead at Woking on the 16th.

Ebbsfleet is officially crowned Blue Square South Champion and will advance to Blue Square Premier next season, while Dorchester and Thurrock are relegated out of league play, with the final spot in the drop zone to be determined in the last match as Bromley 46 points, Boreham Wood 45 points and St. Albans 45 points are all in danger of going down.

Our final match is against already relegated Dorchester and we are not going out flat. After that time to evaluate and build for next season to make another run.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:35 PM   #102
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Fun read BYU.

In my current save, I have at least three of the same players as you: Oliver Nicholas, Harry Rubbins and Christian Nanetti. I'm contemplating starting a dynasty as I begin year two but we'll see...

Last edited by NoSkillz : 10-20-2011 at 10:37 PM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #103
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz View Post
Fun read BYU.

In my current save, I have at least three of the same players as you: Oliver Nicholas, Harry Rubbins and Christian Nanetti. I'm contemplating starting a dynasty as I begin year two but we'll see...

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it.

You should start one up, will be fun to compare how the 3 do between our squads.

Looking into the future Rubbins has a tough road to see the field with Uwezu entrenched as starter and with the way Otshudi played after I picked him up. He is still eligible to play under 18's and may spend next season there to develop and get playing time.

Oliver Nicholas is a solid option as the #3 DC and close to Diagne and Cox, but I am looking to bring in another player at centre back, so we will see how that plays out.

Nanetti has been a mystery, looks better on paper than anyone but Barnes on the wing, but it hasn't shown in his performance. I definitely need to upgrade in this area, but it looks like Gavin Scott will be the player left out and Nanetti will remain a rotation player.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:52 PM   #104
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Thanks, glad you're enjoying it.

You should start one up, will be fun to compare how the 3 do between our squads.

Looking into the future Rubbins has a tough road to see the field with Uwezu entrenched as starter and with the way Otshudi played after I picked him up. He is still eligible to play under 18's and may spend next season there to develop and get playing time.

Oliver Nicholas is a solid option as the #3 DC and close to Diagne and Cox, but I am looking to bring in another player at centre back, so we will see how that plays out.

Nanetti has been a mystery, looks better on paper than anyone but Barnes on the wing, but it hasn't shown in his performance. I definitely need to upgrade in this area, but it looks like Gavin Scott will be the player left out and Nanetti will remain a rotation player.

I'm just starting the second year of my Dover save - to give some perspective, all three were essentially U18 fodder in year one, with only Nicholas seeing limited first-team action (7 appearances).

All three have improved their skill sets going into year two and all three will feature on the senior team, with Nicholas a projected starter and Rubbins and Nanetti backups or rotational players. Rubbins has looked sensational in a holding midfielder position for us during our friendlies, scoring two goals in as many games from distance.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 10-21-2011 at 02:53 PM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:01 AM   #105
BYU 14
Coordinator

04/26/2011 - Honors
Simon Cox and Michael Whitwell make the Blue Square South team of the week.

04/29/2011 - Injury report
AML Darren has resumed full training and may get in tomorrow against Dorchester.

Personel
Matt Elliott, a Centre Back on the reserve/U18 squad informs me that he has benefitted from the tutoring provided by Stevland Angus

04/30/2011 (BSS) - Dorchester 9-12-20 (21st) @ Bishop's Stortford 18-11-12 (6th)
Record vs Opponent 0-1-0Att: 492Favorite: Bishop's 1-4
Weather: Dry 57 degreesDMC - Martins
GK - EyreAMC - Uwezu
DL/R - Clare / M.JonesAML/R - Scott / Barnes
DC - Nicholas / CoxST - Whitwell / Hopkinson

Final: Bishop's Stortford 2 - Dorchester 0MOM: Andeele Martins (Bishop's) 8.2
Possession: Bishop's 53/47Shots: Bishop's 13-7
Goals (Bishop's): Whitwell 15', Hopkinson 50'
Goals (Dorchester): None

With nothing to play for but the satisfaction of finishing the season on a winning note after being eliminated from the playoffs, we play a solid if unspectacular game in front of a nice crowd handling relegated side Dorchester with ease. The game was never in doubt, even though we only scored 2 as they mounted no serious threats and we had them under pressure most of the match. I think I can keep the core of this side and earn promotion next season with a few key additions. I forget how young this team is and there is a lot of potential to grow.

Staines ends up being the final team relegated from Blue Square South.

Training
Ian Hart's final training report indicates Michael Whitwell and Gavin Scott (Aerobic) and Oliver Nicholas (Tactics) have trained well over the last month. Harry Rubbins (Defending) Michael Uwezu (Aerobic) and reserve Charlie Simpson (Tactics) have not.

Honors
Braintree's Sean Marks wins BSS player of the month, but Simon Cox and Michael Whitwell finish 2nd and 3rd respectively, well done lads.

I also get 3rd in the boss of the month category, which is my first appearance in the top 3.

Finances
We actually made a profit of $2.00 last month......Hey, it's a start. We spent and brought in 72.66 K, with that last cub of beer some drunken fan got before the taps closed in the Dorchester match putting us over the top, with a big assist from the boards cash investment.

The board is pleased with my leadership and the fans love our capture of Michael Uwezu, but everyone is disappointed with our 4-2 defeat to Ebbsfleet.....no shit, a big rival and a loss we couldn't afford fighting for a playoff spot.

Friendly
Not quite ready to call it a year I schedule a post season friendly against Sunderland RCA and we defeat them 3-0 calling up some reserves and everyone on the roster one last time on the pitch. Whitwell, Barnes and Jackman score for us as we call it a season.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #106
BYU 14
Coordinator

Final Standings
Blue Square South TableWonDrawnLostPoints
Ebbsfleet - C2112975
Braintree - P2341573
Woking2013973
Dover1914971
Eastleigh20101270
Bishop's Stortford19111268
Havant & W16161064
Hampton & Richmond17121363
Chelmsford1791660
Farnborough1771858
Basingstoke14131555
Welling14121654
Maidenhead12171353
Dartford14101852
Weston-super-Mare1491951
Lewes13121751
Bromley12131749
Boreham Wood10161646
St. Albans11131846
Staines - R10141844
Thurrock - R1192242
Dorchester - R9122139

The board sinks another $120,000 into the team, hell yeah, I might have a transfer budget next season

Braintree win the playoffs and join Ebbsfleet in moving up to Blue Square Premier next season.

We pay out a squad bonus of 3.4 K to be split between the lads for finishing 6th.

Ebbsfleets Clint Easton wins the BSS player of the year award

Anthony Mason of Braintree edges out our own Tim 'Hoppy' Hopkinson 19-18 to take the BSS top goal scorer award.

Braintree's Rod Stringer wins BSS boss of the year award

And finally as we head into June the board injects another 45 K in investments, I am liking this!
Old 10-22-2011, 10:52 AM   #107
BYU 14
Coordinator

2010/2011 - English Season Review

Premiership
WinnersManchester United
RelegatedSunderland, Wolves, Blackpool
Top Goal Scorer23 - Wayne Rooney (Man U)
Most Assists16 - Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal)
Top Avg Rating8.13 - Wayne Rooney (Man U)
Championship
WinnersMiddlesborough
PromotedMiddlesborough, Nottingham Forest, Coventry
RelegatedIpswich, Doncaster, Watford
Top Goal Scorer26 - Lukas Jutkiewicz (Coventry)
Most Assists16 - Alejandro Faurlin (QPR)
Top Avg Rating7.66 - Gary Deegan (Coventry)
League One
WinnersHuddersfield
PromotedHuddersfield, Brighton, Peterborough
RelegatedYeovil, Exeter, Hartlepool, Dag & Red
Top Goal Scorer26 - Charlie Austin (Swindon)
Most Assists19 - Anthony Pilkington (Huddersfield)
Top Avg Rating7.66 - Sean Greganl (Oldham)
League Two
WinnersNorthampton
PromotedNorthampton, Wycombe, Southend, Gillingham
RelegatedCheltenham, Macclesfield
Top Goal Scorer25 - Andre Le Fondre (Rotherham)
Most Assists15 - David Cowan (Gillingham)
Top Avg Rating7.86 - Grant Bassey (Barnet)
Blue Square Premier
WinnersLuton
PromotedLuton, Rushden
RelegatedKidderminster, Forest Green, Altrincham, Tamworth
Top Goal Scorer22 - Danny Kedwell (AFC Wimbledon)
Most Assists20 - Tyrone Thompson (Mansfield)
Top Avg Rating7.90 - Craig Baxter (Gateshead)
Blue Square North
WinnersCorby
PromotedCorby, Workington
RelegatedRedditch, Hyde
Top Goal Scorer19 - Kyle Wilson (Hyde)
Most Assists15 - Sam Duncum (Eastwood)
Top Avg Rating7.69 - Ben Hoskin (Workington)
Blue Square South
WinnersEbbsfleet
PromotedEbbsfleet, Braintree
RelegatedStaines, Thurrock, Dorchester
Top Goal Scorer19 - Anthony Mason (Braintree)
Most Assists17 - Richard Graham (Eastleigh)
Top Avg Rating7.20 - Olly Schulz (Dover)
Old 10-22-2011, 11:00 AM   #108
BYU 14
Coordinator

2010/2011 - Season Honors / Competitions

Competitions
FA CupMan United
Carling CupMan United
Community ShieldMan United
Johnstones Paint Plymouth
FA TrophyWrexham
Awards
Footballer of the YearWayne Rooney (Man U)
Top GoalscorerWayne Rooney (Man U)
Players - POTYFrank Lampard (Chelsea)
Players - Young POTYGareth Bale (Tottenham)
Manager of the YearChris Hughton (Newcastle)
Bishop's Stortford best eleven 2010/2011
GoalkeeperNicky Eyre
Left FullbackAdam Chicksen
Central DefenderTony Diagne
Central DefenderSimon Cox
Right FullbackMatt Jones
Defensive MidfielderAndeele Martins
Attacking MidfielderMichael Uwezu
Midfielder LeftDarren Brady
Midfielder RightMatt Barnes
StrikerMichael Whitwell
StrikerTim Hopkinson

Bishop's Stortford Player of the year - Tim Hopkinson
Old 10-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #109
BYU 14
Coordinator

June update

We are given $12,500 for BSS TV rights for the upcoming season and will open the campaign away to newly promoted Salisbury City on 08/13/11.

The board expectations for the upcoming season are high as I have informed the board we can win promotion. They give me a salary budget of $9,750.00 PW on salaries, we are currently spending $8,494.00, which will change after some contracts are not renewed. Right now the transfer budget is a whopping $180, I may not tweak things here if I can land some solid free transfers. I have my eye on trial day and hope to dig up a couple of diamonds there.

Position overview heading into the season

Goal Keeper – Not great, but not bad and if I find solid coach both Eyre and O’Brien could improve. I sign Eyre to an extension paying $300 P/W though 2014. I will go with what we have to start.

Centre Back – Diagne and Cox are the strength of the back line and Oliver Nicholas is a nice rotation option. If I find someone I can’t pass up I will pick them up, if not I am confident what we have will suffice.

Fullback – The teams biggest weakness, I will let both Jones boys go and will be looking for a quality DR and somebody to stop in and hold down the DL position as well. I will keep both Chicksen and Clare, but only as backups if I can find better.

DMC – Solid with Martins and Orwubiko, this rotation will continue.
AMC – Probably our deepest area as Uwezu and Otshudi were both incredible finds for a team at our level and Rubbins is a youngster with great potential. Not looking for any help here.

Wingers – Matt Barnes does a nice job on the right, but I definitely will be targeting a playmaker for the left wing as Gavin Jones is a reserve player, Darren Brady gets hurt and is inconsistent and Christian Nanetti just has not put it all together yet. This area is another priority.

Strikers – Whitwell and Hopkinson are entrenched and I will be looking for a third option that can fill both the target and poacher roles when they need a breather. Considered keeping Jackman, but I would like to get better as he seems to be performing above his talent level and I can’t hang my hat on that. Araba will be released.

I get an influx of youth players and none of them look like they will ever help us.

Pre-Season promotion odds
BSP relegated Kidderminster are the favorites and 6-4, others are Forest Green and Salisbury both 5-2, Woking 5-1, Sutton U 6-1 and Dover 8-1. We are listed at 33-1, not a welcome sight after I filibustered to the board about how we would win promotion.

Fitness
Everybody reported back for training in fair shape and Fairhurst reports no issues.

Staff
As June comes to a close I resign Physio Mark Fairhurst and coach Kevin Donovan. Everybody else is given walking papers, including my assman Ian Hart.

Players
I release a number of reserve players as well as first team players Ritchie Jones and Matt Jones, both DR. There will be more to come in July.

Contract
Lastly I am offered a new contract that will pay me $750 a week for the upcoming season and I accept the offer.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:19 PM   #110
BYU 14
Coordinator

July Update

Boardroom
The board is satisfied with my management of the team and with their investment we made a profit of 19.37 K for the month of June!! We are still badly in debt though to the tune of over $416,000.00, ugly!! Adam Chicksen’s signing still pisses the fans off and I am suddenly complimented for letting Aiden Palmer go, who was released back in December of 2010….Ok.

Staff additions
After releasing just about all of my staff I bring in the following personnel.
Assistant Manager – Huw Lloyd, 57 yrs old is relatively unknown, but is great working with youngsters (18) and brings good discipline (15), with 10’s in tactical knowledge, judging player ability, adaptability and determination. He will also coach the Goal Keepers as he is rated a 15 here. I think he will be an upgrade and provide much better advices than Ian Hart did last season.

New coaches are Craig Armstrong (defending, tactics) and Cyril L’Helgouac’h (ball handling)
New Fitness coach is Mark Webb, who is not really that good, but the best I could do.

The only holdover is Kevin Donovan (attacking, shooting) who was solid for us last season.

New scouts include Paul Williams and Jon Pemberton, again not great, but better than last year.

Mark Fairhurst will continue to handle the Physio duties.

Transfers out (1st team appearances in parenthesis)
GK Nick Morgan (0), DC Joe O’Cearuill (0), ST Duane Jackman (14), MC Darryl Sydes (1), AML/R Tyler Campbell (15), ST Hakeem Araba (11) and ML Charlie Simpson (0) are released on free transfers.

Transfers in
DL Craig Armstrong 36 yrs old is being used as a coach, but it still an active player as well and can handle some spot duty if needed.
Technical – tackling 13, passing 11 and marking 10 are his best.
Mental – 10+ in aggression, bravery, determination, influence, teamwork and work rate
Physical – 10+ in agility, balance, fitness, stamina and strength, only 6 pace though.

DC Paul Martin 25 yrs old will add some depth on the back line, not too far off Tony Diagne according to Huw Lloyd.
Technical – passing 10, technique 12, everything else 6-9
Mental – flair 11, creativity 10, a few 8’s and 9’s
Physical – jumping and pace 13, acceleration, stamina, strength 11, balance 10

DR Miles Smith 19 yrs old is brought on for depth as we have a legit star about to sign that should start at this spot. Smith is about on par with the Jones boys from last season.
Technical – tackling 12, heading and passing 9, everything else not too good
Mental – teamwork 15, aggression 13, positioning 12, 10 or 11 in 3 other areas
Physical – acceleration, ability, balance and pace all 12, but only a 2 in strength

DC / DMC / MC Matthew Pearson 17 yrs old is a signing for the future and Huw Lloyd is very high on him, believing he will be a key member of our squad down the road. He will play U18 right now.
Technical – heading 13, tackling 10, and marking 9 with room to grow everywhere else
Mental – aggression, anticipation, bravery, concentration, team work and work rate all 10+
Physical – a specimen as everything is 10-14 except agility which is a 9

DR Michael Keene 18 yrs old is our prize transfer thus far for 2011/12. Valued at 90 K Lloyd regards him as our best fullback and he will only get better.
Technical – 9 to 11 in crossing, marking, tackling and technique, all important in my tactic
Mental – 10+ in aggression, concentration, determination, teamwork and work rate
Physical – 14 fitness, 13 pace and 12 acceleration will hold down the wing

ML / AML Alex Whittle 18 yrs old is a future project and will also likely play on the U18 squad this coming season. Lloyd gives him 3 stars.
Technical – crossing 12, but six other areas between 7 and 9
Mental – aggression 11, flair, influence and work rate all 10, six other skills 7 to 9
Physical – acceleration, agility, balance and pace all 12, a nice fit for our tactic

Feeder Club
The board announces a link to Isthmian North side Leyton, which will help in getting some young players action if needed.

Personnel
I extend the contracts of both our goal keepers Nicky Eyre and Kevin O’Brien through 2014. I also sign Matt Barnes and Andeele Martins to full time contracts through 2013 and 2014 respectively. Fabrice Otshudi becomes a British citizen, so no work permit needed from now on.

Field
We keep the field dimensions the same as last season 121 yds long and 80 yards wide as I continue to build for speed.

07/20/2011 – Friendly
We play our first friendly against our under 18 squad and win 2-0 with Oliver Nicholas and Otshudi scoring in the 51st and 59th minutes respectively. Just working on team blend and fitness right now and carrying 24 players on the senior squad.

07/21/2011 – Personnel
I receive word that Paraguayan striker Julio Santa Cruz had his work permit delayed. He accepted a deal with us and will make a great 3rd striker if we can get it pushed through as Lloyd feels he can be at the same level as Tim Hopkinson, if not there already.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:46 PM   #111
Izulde
Head Coach

Congratulations on making it through season without getting relegated.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #112
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Congratulations on making it through season without getting relegated.

I was worried early But then to come so close to a playoff spot and then just miss out really sucks!!
Old 10-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #113
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Definitely a congrats is in order. Keep it up!
Old 10-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #114
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Definitely a congrats is in order. Keep it up!

Thanks, hoping to pick it up a notch this season and I think the improvements in the back line will put us over the hump.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #115
BYU 14
Coordinator

07/21/2011 – Friendly
In a genius bit of scheduling I have a friendly at Sligo Rovers the day after our scrimmage with the under 18 squad. We draw them 2-2 taking advantage of fewer chances, but controlling the possession. Plus it does earn us 4.5 thousand, so it was worth the trip. Orwubiko scores on a penalty in the 26th minute and Whitwell tallies one in the 45th. Sligo even it in the 77th minute. Uwezu is injured, but it does not appear too bad. Top performers were Whitwell 7.3 and Orwubiko 7.0, we also had 4 6.9 performances and Harry Rubbins 5.9 struggled.

07/22/2011 – Personnel
Striker Julio Santa Cruz had his work permit turned down. We have appealed, but I will now have to sign another striker I had been delaying as a plan B as these appeals usually don’t turn out well.

07/23/2011 – Transfer in
I sign 22 yr old Irish striker Chris Fagan to fill the #3 striker spot on the assumption we won’t get Santa Cruz. He is rated just below Hopkinson at 3.5 stars, so not a bad pick up.
Technical – Passing and first touch 12, technique 11 and finishing and dribbling 10
Mental – Concentration, flair and teamwork all 10, off the ball, creativity and work rate 9
Physical – All 11 or better except jumping and strength, when he takes the target man spot we will just supply to space since he can run a little bit.

Friendly # 3
League 2 Lincoln comes in and hands us a 5-0 drubbing, my fault for scheduling 3 friendlies in 5 days and despite a 24 player rotation we are beat. I just didn’t act on scheduling early enough and I wanted to get the work in so the new additions could blend in. We had no highlights except a 54/46 possession advantage. We also only allowed 7 shots, but allowing 5 in is pathetic. We had 8 players rated under 6 with Whitwell a 5.2….Fagan may push him to start!! Andeele Martins 6.9 was our best rating.

07/25/2011 – Personnel
The appeal for a work permit for Santa Cruz is rejected and the transfer cancelled. This hurts, but that’s soccer. Chris Fagan will be fine as a rotation player so life goes on.

Friendly #5
Thankfully a 2 day break after this one (TIC) in which we draw with Solihull Moors 1-1 away. Nicholas scores on a corner and gets our best rating at 7-4, while Nicky Eyre 7.0 makes 2 clutch saves late. He looks to be the #1 Keeper at this point. Whitwell and Gavin Scott both come off with injuries but will not miss any time.

07/26/11 – Coaches meeting
Several players are bitching about training workload, which is heavier pre-season, so I will move everyone to their normal in season routines. I also get some recommendations on prospects and send scouts out to investigate.

Two more friendlies to go and I have a pretty good idea on depth charts now, which I will release prior to the next friendly against Lowestoft.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:42 PM   #116
BYU 14
Coordinator

07/27/2011 – Squad bonuses
I offer a squad bonus of 11.25 K to be split if we win the BSS this season and a 40 K bonus to be split for a cup victory

Contracts
Whitwell, Diagne and Hopkinson are in the last year of their deals. I offer Hopkinson $625 P/W through 2014 with a hefty promotion bonus and Diagne $700 P/W (same deal he has now) with a hefty promotion bonus and a 5 K bonus if he scores more than 5 goals. I leave both players at 10% yearly raise clause. Both indicate they like the deals, so I am hoping they accept.

Friendly #5
We travel to Lowestoft and put up a fairly easy 2-0 win, playing a lot of young guys up front, including a couple from the U18 squad. Oliver Nicholas is developing into quite the force on corners as he heads in a goal and Orwubiko gets the other after Uwezu pulled 3 defenders to him just inside the 6 yd box. One friendly left and I am ready to set up my depth charts now.

Injury report
Player/Coach Craig Armstrong (DL / ML) will miss 2-3 weeks with a gash on his leg, no big deal here as he will see limited PT during the season.

07/29/2011 – Contracts
Tim Hopkinson and Tony Diagne both sign their contract extensions and will remain with us through 2014. Hoppy is now valued at $100,000 and is the face of the franchise. Diagne is earning more, but only valued at $45,000.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #117
BYU 14
Coordinator

We start the 2011 roster preview with the Keepers, key attributes listed

GoalkeepersPositionHTWTAgeValueAerComHanOneRefCmpCntDecPos
Nicky EyreGK6'0"154 lbs25$8K89109106848
Kevin O'BrienGK5'9"154 lbs20$6K777867101110
Michael NealeGK5'11"171 lbs17-378888866

Slight edge to Eyre and it looks like he will start most of our matches. I couldn't find a better option and while I think Neale may be that guy some day, he will man the woodwork for the reserves this season. I am counting on an improved back line to protect whoever is in there.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:01 PM   #118
BYU 14
Coordinator

Key attributes listed

FullbacksPositionHTWTAgeValueCroDriMarTacAntCntOffPosTeaWorAccSta
Michael KeaneD (R)5'9"152 lbs18$90K94911910991113127
Mark ClareD (RL)5'6"152 lbs20$45K939912157121613611
Adam ChicksenD/WB/M (L)5'8"160 lbs19$40K1299987881111138
Miles SmithD (R)5'9"171 lbs19$35K52612893121510126
Craig ArmstrongD/M (L)5'11"182 lbs36$2K79101378981310610

Keane is a huge addition and he does everything we need but dribble well. Chicksen will start on the other side and hopefully will be more comfortable this season and able to translate that talent into some great matches. There is no reason he can not be a star for us. Clare is #3 for his versatility and Armstrong will ride the bench for the first team, with spot duty here and there. Smith has payed fairly well in pre-season, but is bound for the reserves, though he will get called up periodically and is first up if anyone gets hurt.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:06 PM   #119
BYU 14
Coordinator

Key attributes listed

CentrebacksPositionHTWTAgeValueHeaMarTacCmpCntDecDetPosJumPacStr
Tony DiagneD (C)6'2"185 lbs20$55K12109888107121212
Simon CoxD (C)6'0"156 lbs19$20K124118119101114125
Oliver NicholasD (C)6'2"163 lbs19$100K1181078888121313
Paul MartinD (C)6'2"178 lbs25$6K76887989131311
Aaron CarterD (RC)5'10"169 lbs20$30K1088513111011597

Diagne and Cox look to be the main tandem again, but Nicholas will see plenty of time in rotation as he has proven to be a valuable commodity on corners and he may eventually supplant Cox as Diagne's main partner, he has improved a lot in the off-season. Carter will stay up on the first team since he can also play DR effectively and will be available for reserve matches. Martin is the odd man out and goes to the reserves.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #120
BYU 14
Coordinator

Key attributes listed

DMCPositionHTWTAgeValueMarPasTacDecPosTeaWorAccStaStr
Matthew PearsonD/M (C)5'11"167 lbs17$100K1039891011111013
Emexca OrwubikoDM, M (C)5'9"167 lbs19$35K810119913101169
Andeele MartinsDM, M (C)5'11"163 lbs24$10K581081113111264
Steve BirksDM, M (C)5'11"176 lbs38-86354101571416
Coskun EkimDM, M (C)5'11"165 lbs19$240 58585101481210

Matthew Pearson is clearly the most exciting player in this group and once he learns to pass will be up on the first team as the probable starter. Until that time he will be on the U18 squad, where I hope he tears it up. Orwubiko and Martins will resume there rotation from last season, since both are capable, but neither can go 90 minutes. Ekim is a reserves player as is Birks, who I am keeping around only as a tutor for Pearson.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:14 PM   #121
BYU 14
Coordinator

Key attributes listed

AMCPositionHTWTAgeValueDriFirPasTecAntCreDecFlaOffWorPac
Michael UwezuAM (C), ST5'6"167 lbs20$95K888811910791512
Fabrice OtshudiAM (C), ST6'0"174 lbs20$75K871271068791110
Harry RubbinsM/AM (C)5'11"152 lbs18$30K6911109108991410

Nothing wrong with any of these three, except that Rubbins is injury prone. He will start on the U18 squad and Uwezu and Otshudi will both get plenty of action. Not much to choose with Uwezu quicker and prone to make more plays and Otshudi a better finisher and more pinpoint with his passes.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #122
BYU 14
Coordinator

Key attributes listed

WingersPositionHTWTAgeValueCroDriTecDecFlaOffAccAgiBalPac
Matt BarnesM/AM (R)6'0"165 lbs19$45K14910511598128
Darren BradyM (L)5'8"163 lbs24$5K1294814711111012
Gavin ScottM/AM (RL)5'10"134 lbs20$375 4105387119109
Christian NanettiM/AM (RL)5'8"165 lbs19$35K1010979612859

Barnes has the right wing on lock down and Brady will get the majority of starts on the left due to more pace than Nanetti. All four men will stay on the first team, with Nanetti the main sub. Jay Davies got a look in pre-season, but at 17 he is far from ready and will play all year on the U18 squad. I wanted to upgrade here badly, but did not get the impact player I wanted, so they will have to get it done.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:20 PM   #123
BYU 14
Coordinator

Key attributes listed

NamePositionHeightWeightAgeValueDriFinFirHeaAntCmpOffAccAgiPacStr
Tim HopkinsonST6'2"165 lbs20$100K1012912991068128
Michael WhitwellAM (R), ST6'0"187 lbs19$75K11115117131399911
Chris FaganST5'8"158 lbs22$5K101012477912131112

The only other strikers we have are all under 18, so these 3 are it. Whitwell and Hopkinson will start again, with Fagan subbing for both. If fatigue becomes an issue Rubbins can be brought up from the U18 squad at AMC as both Uwezu and Otshudi can play striker. I really like this 1-2 punch in Hoppy and Whit and we will go as far as they can carry us. Counting on them for 30-35 goals between them this season.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:03 PM   #124
BYU 14
Coordinator

07/31/11 – Transfer in
We sign 17 yr old striker Gozi Ugwu, who is a project for the future. For his age he already has good technical skills, but could use some speed training. He will be on the U18 squad all year, but I like his prospects down the road.
Technical – First touch 11, finishing 10, technique 9
Mental – Composure 13, determination 10, four other areas 8 or 9, but composure is huge
Physical – Acceleration, agility, balance and fitness 11 or better, pace is 9.

The fans are delighted by this signing, so they must see the same thing I do.

Boardroom
The board sinks another 70 thousand in investments into the squad, I am liking this, but I really need to get the promotion this season, because this can’t go on forever.

Friendly #6
Bishop Auckland comes to Woodside and despite out shooting them 17-2 we only come away with a 2-0 win and both those goals come on corners, 1 by Diagne and 1 by newcomer Paul Martin. Tim Hopkinson does not score but gets MOM with a rating of 8. Kind of disappointed that we are rushing our chances, so I will set match preparation to attacking movement, since we are fluid in all areas of formation competency.

We finish 3-2-1 in friendlies and Eastleigh will be at our place in 6 days as they rearranged the schedule as we were told we would open against Salisbury initially.

We are ready for some Football!!!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:41 PM   #125
BYU 14
Coordinator

August 2011 Schedule
08/06/11 – (BSS) VS Eastleigh
08/13/11 – (BSS) @ Salisbury
08/20/11 – (BSS) VS Woking
08/27/11 – (BSS) @ Basingstoke
08/30/11 – (BSS) VS Kidderminster

An interesting early schedule with home games against Eastleigh and Woking, who I am dying to get some revenge on. This schedule will tell us early what we are made of.

Board Room
The board is satisfied with my performance and is happy with the signing of Gavin Scott, while the departure of Stevland Angus has disappointed some. Squad harmony is good and we my job is stable.

Finances
We made $3,414.00 last month and the ledger now shows $371,336 in the red. Weekly salaries are $8,517.00 and my budget is $9,750.00, with a transfer budget of $0.

Training
Oliver Nicholas (tactics) Matt Barnes and John Sly (both aerobic) all trained well last month. Darren Brady (tactics) and Steve Birks (strength) did not.

Personnel
I name Matt Barnes captain and Darren Brady vice captain for the upcoming season. Nearly everyone on the team is happy that Barnes will be captain, but Barnes himself who feels it is too much pressure at a young age. I will handle him with kid gloves early.

DC Paul Martin is unhappy about being sent to the reserves and DMC Matthew Pearson is unhappy that I assigned him to the U18 squad. Pearson will be up with the first team by year’s end, but I tell them both to show me they deserve 1st team action and they both vow to do just that, ending the meetings on a positive note.

DR Michael Keene has been called up to the Ireland U21’s for a match on August 9th. He may miss one match with us as a result depending on his condition. I am actually happy a minnow like Bishop’s has an international player on the roster, hopefully we keep him a while.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #126
BYU 14
Coordinator

Opening day at home and I am excited to unveil the 2011/12 edition of the Blues!!

08/06/2011 (BSS) - Eastleigh 0-0-0 @ Bishop's Stortford 0-0-0
Record vs Opponent 0-0-2Att: 414Favorite: Bishop's 6-4
Weather: Breezy 59 degreesDMC - Martins
GK - EyreAMC - Otshudi
DL/R - Chicksen / KeaneAML/R - Brady / Barnes
DC - Diagne / NicholasST - Whitwell / Hopkinson
MinFirst Half
11thA nice crowd to open and they see Eastleigh with the first opportunity as Bogard slips free of the defense and shoots far post, but Eyre is there for the save.
17thBogard again, this time taking a pass from Graham via a great long ball from Jamie Slabber, Bogard is dead center and shoots, just skimming the top of the bar.
20thMichael Whitwell is lectured and given a yellow card after bringing down Tawton in the Eastleigh third of the pitch.
40thAnother yellow card, this time to Eastleigh's Jamie Slabber (a nemesis of ours) who pulls Diagne's shirt bringing him down.
45thThe ball is loose in the Eastleigh end and Michael Whitwell pounces on it, walks in on goal and blasts a shot past the Keeper for our first goal of the season!! 1-0
Second Half
46thOtshudi has had a decent half at AMC, but is tired so on comes Uwezu. Whitwell is also brought off and replaced by new signing Fagan at striker.
55thBrady works a 1-2 with Uwezu and then makes himself some space, striking it from a narrow angle with Santiago doing well to parry it away. Martins gets booked as well.
58thResuming our normal rotation at DMC I bring Orwubiko on for Martins as I don't wish to risk a second yellow in such a tight contest.
73rdEyre is Johnny on the spot with a big save after Slabber intercepts a pass between Chicksen and Diagne and launches a rocket on goal.
90thOne last chance for Eastleigh as they earn a corner. McAuley whips it in but Darren Brady is there to get his head on it and clear the threat.
Final: Bishop's Stortford 1 - Eastleigh 0MOM: Oliver Nicholas (Bishop's) 7.3
Possession: Bishop's 51/49Shots: Even 8-8
Goals (Bishop's): Whitwell 45'
Goals (Eastleigh): None

This is the start I was hoping for and even though we were not an offensive juggernaught, we created some wonderful moves that were just not finished well and I see this improving in time. Chicksen got off to a much better start and just missed MOM also grading at a 7.3. Hopefully this gets the fans off my ass about signing him. Keane was also solid and I think our back line is going to do a much better job at limiting clear cut chances this season.

08/7/2011 – Ticket Sales
The board announces 81 season tickets have been sold for 2011/12, an increase of 1 from last year.

Administration
Forest Green, newly relegated from Blue Square Premier goes into administration and are docked 10 points by the FA, placing them at -9 after 1 match. This early hole place them in danger of falling from league football altogether this season.

08/09/2011 – International
Michael Keene only gets limited play as a sub for the Ireland U21 squad in a 3-0 loss to the Croatia U21’s. He will be fine to play our next match.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:06 PM   #127
BYU 14
Coordinator

On the bus ride to Salisbury, Christian Nanetti lets me know that he appreciates the tutoring he has been receiving from Darren Brady and thinks it will be beneficial to him.

08/13/2011 (BSS) - Bishop's Stortford 1-0-0 (7th) @ Salisbury 0-0-1 (18th)
Record vs Opponent 0-0-0Att: 830Favorite: Salisbury 4-6
Weather: Breezy 59 degreesDMC - Martins
GK - EyreAMC - Uwezu
DC - Diagne / CoxST - Whitwell / Hopkinson
MinFirst Half
13thBrady and Martins play the 1-2 and Brady advances before sending in a cross that Hopkinson gets his head on, but it bounces right to the keeper who hangs on.
29thSalisbury earns a corner and Bradley Robinson plays it in, Hayles gets on the end of it and sends the ball across the goal mouth! Eyre dives and makes the save.
34thMichael Keene heads a Salisbury cross clear, but it falls to McCaffrey who drives a shot near post that Eyre pushes away.
37thHopkinson brings the ball forward and looks to find Barnes running onto the ball. Barnes centers the ball and Osborne is forced make the save.
A very conservative first half and despite being decided underdogs on the road I decide to go from counter to attack in the 2nd half, hopefully it pays off.
Second Half
46thFagan comes on for Whitwell at striker and Christian Nanetti comes on for Brady at AML as we look to exploit the left side of the field
46thCox heads a Salisbury cross to safety and Hopkinson finds Fagan with a long through ball that he blasts past the keeper and off the post.
48th Fagan is all over the place and trips Swallow after the latter intercepted a pass intended for him. Fagan is promptly booked for the offense.
67thThe change to attacking is paying off as Hopkinson starts another break with a pass to Martins on to Uwezu who deaks McCaffrey, fires and blasts it home!!! 1-0
82ndCox pays long to Hopkinson and Hoppy is behind the defense and puts a thunderous drive into the net, but he is ruled offsides!! Orwubiko on for Martins.
89thChicksen heads for the corner flag and plays a cross in to the near post that Hopkinson slides into and puts past the keeper, but is ruled off sides again!!
Final: Bishop's Stortford 1 - Salisbury 0MOM: Michael Uwezu (Bishop's) 8.0
Possession: Bishop's 56/44Shots: Bishop's 11-7
Goals (Bishop's): Uwezu 67'
Goals (Salisbury): None

Man, two chances to really put this game away, but we were offsides!! I feel we are really close to being an offensive force and am happy our defense is keeping the opposition under wraps as we bring it together. I am expecially encouraged by the way we dominated the end half highlights and possession. Two clean sheets by Eyre to start the season have really boosted his confidence and will likely keep O'Brien on the bench for extended periods.

We move into the top 5 for the first time ever under my leadership and even though it is only two matches in it is still exciting.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:02 PM   #128
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Nice way to start the season
Old 10-29-2011, 01:23 PM   #129
BYU 14
Coordinator

08/15/2011 – Loan in
We loan in AM L/R, MC Jack Randall, a 19 yr old from League 2 Aldershot. He is regarded as equal to Nanetti and Whittle and allows me to play some 4-5-1 since he can hold the MC spot down in that tactic as well. I now have to decide which winger I want to either demote or send on loan to Leyton. Randall’s attributes.
Technical – Dribbling and first touch 10 are the best, I put him on training to improve crossing (6)
Mental – Workrate 13, teamwork and determination 10
Physical – Fitness 15, acceleration 13, agility and pace 10

08/17/2011 – Honors
Michael Uwezu is named to the Blue Square South team of the week

Loan out
I send AML/R Gavin Scott to Leyton on a full season loan to get some first team seasoning.

08/20/2011 (BSS) - Woking 1-0-1 (11th) @ Bishop's Stortford 2-0-0 (5th)
Record vs Opponent 0-0-2Att: 484Favorite: Salisbury 4-6
Weather: Breezy 64 degreesDMC - Orwubiko
GK - EyreAMC - Otshudi
DL/R - Clare / KeaneAML/R - Chicksen / Barnes
DC - Diagne / NicholasST - Uwezu / Hopkinson
MinFirst Half
3rdTim Hopkinson makes himself some space in the Woking third and picks out Fabrice Otshudi who shoots, but it is right at Pidgeley who makes the save.
5thChicksen gets past Osifuwa and sends in a low cross from the left wing, Matt Barnes is unmarked and scores the goal with a left footed volley!!! 1-0
11thTim Hopkinson comes in with a 2 footed challenge on George Barker bringing him down hard and immediately gets red carded! Down a man for 79 minutes, dammit!
24thMichael Uwezu moves on on goal and gets free of the Woking defense, firing from just inside the area, Pidegeley makes an excellent save punching the ball away.
38thWokings Pennycooke-Morgan surges past Chicksen, crosses it to the far post and Spencer heads it on target…Eyre goes up to make the save.
Second Half
49thUwezu is loose again, breaking the offside trap and getting in clean on goal, Uwezu shoots low and Pidgeley is there again with the save.
63rdTwo subsitutions as I bring on Whitell for Barnes at AMR and Darren Brady comes on for Clare, with Chicksen moving back to DL.
67thWhitwell onto a long ball is free behind the defense and easily beats the Woking keeper, but the flag is up, offsides.
69thAswad Thomas feeds the ball to Farah, who skips past Otshudi and gets off a shot, with Eyre making the save.
72ndWoking gets a free kick after Uwezu trips Watson. The referee calls Uwezu over and shows him the yellow card.
84thAdemola wins the ball from Chicksen and brings it forward finding Barker, over to Manga, back to Barker who shoots and beats Eyre to draw Woking even. 1-1
Final: Bishop's Stortford 1 - Woking 1MOM: Fabrice Otshudi (Bishop's) 7.9
Possession: Woking 53/47Shots: Woking 8-7
Goals (Bishop's): Barnes 5'
Goals (Woking): Barker 84'

Hard to hold on to a lead down a man for almost 80 minutes but we almost made it. Still a good result against Woking who beat us twice last season and we missed a couple of chances to extend the lead, including another frustrating offside. Hopkinson is frustrated that he is struggling to score early despite getting chances and that red card is likely tied to that, but I decide not to take any action against him and appeal the suspension instead. I also complain to the media and get a stern warning from the FA, whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Nice way to start the season

Happy so far, winning this one would have made it a great start though
Old 10-29-2011, 11:57 PM   #130
BYU 14
Coordinator

08/23/2011 – Honors
Fabrice Otshudi is named to the Blue Square South team of the week.

08/24/2011 – Match Ban
My appeal to overturn Tim Hopkinson’s ban is denied and then the FA comes back 3 days later and tacks 2 games into it!!! Bastards!!

08/27/2011 (BSS) - Bishop's Stortford 2-1-0 (6th) @ Basingstoke 0-0-3 (21st)
Record vs Opponent 1-0-1Att: Favorite: Basingstoke 5-4
Weather: Breezy 64 degreesDMC - Orwubiko
GK - EyreAMC - Otshudi
DC - Diagne / NicholasST - Uwezu / Fagan
MinFirst Half
8thBasingstoke get the jump on us as Proudlock plays it to James Rowe who catches us sleeping and buries a strike from 30 yards out. 0-1
30thForget this counter attack, we go to our normal attacking style and Otshudi captilizes, picking up a loose ball in the area and putting it to bed!! 1-1
34thKeeping the pressure on, Brady plays a great ball to Uwezu who is up front with Hoppy suspended. Uwezu lines it up and blasts it past the keeper!! 2-1
35thRowe looks to get it right back for Basingstoke and we give him far too much space allowing him to dribble into the area and shoot, but Eyre gets the save this time.
42ndProudlock is booked for persistant fouls and Rowe spearheads one last attack for Basingstoke before half, with Eyre once again making the save.
Second Half
46thTwo substituations to start the second half with new loaner Jack Randall making his debut for Barnes and Martins on for Orwubiko.
49thOtshudi runs on to another loose ball, beating Darlow and finds some space to shoot, but 'stoke keeper Mimms is able to push it away.
55thRandall takes it past Frewen and drives a long cross to the far post where Darren Brady is free to poke it into the back of the net to extend the lead!! 3-1
62ndBrady is creating mayhem for Basingstoke's defense and Mellor stops him the only way he knows how by tripping him, which gets Mellor booked.
73rdOtshudi is a bit nicked up and makes way for Michael Whitwell who goes to striker, with Uwezu dropping back into the AMC position.
78thWhitwell runs onto a long ball and is one on one with the keeper, drawing him out then playing a lovely ball to Fagan who taps it into the empty net!! 4-1
Final: Bishop's Stortford 4 - Basingstoke 1MOM: Darren Brady (Bishop's) 9.2
Possession: Bishop's 56/44Shots: Even 10-10
Goals (Bishop's): Otshudi 30', Uwezu 34', Brady 55', Fagan 78'
Goals (Basingstoke): Rowe 8'

We finally get the offense in gear and on the road no less with a decisive victory that comes without Hopkinson. We move up to 3rd place with the win and our next match is home to 1st place Kidderminster in 3 days. Thankfully we are much deeper than last season and can handle the short turnaround, but we will definitely miss Hopkinson.

DR Michael Keene is called up to play for Irelands U21 squad on September 1st and 5th. Since these are friendlies I give instructions that he is only to play for 45 minutes or less in each match.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:30 AM   #131
BYU 14
Coordinator

08/30/2011 – Honors
Darren Brady is named to the Blue Square South team of the week.

08/30/2011 (BSS) - Kidderminster 4-0-0 (1st) @ Bishop's Stortford 3-1-0 (3rd)
Record vs Opponent 0-0-0Att: 380Favorite: Kidderminster Pick em
Weather: Dry 53 degreesDMC - Martins
GK - EyreAMC - Uwezu
DL/R - Clare / SmithAML/R - Brady / Barnes
DC - Diagne / NicholasST - Whitwell / Fagan
MinFirst Half
1stThis one gets off to a great start as Darren Brady is booked for diving after a shot that was saved by the Kidderminster keeper.
8thWright intercepts for Kidderminster and eludes Barnes driving a low shot in from the left that is saved by Eyre.
16thBriscoe climbs above Smith to win a cross and is able to direct it on goal. It hits the post and falls right back to Briscoe and Eyre deflects the follow up shot away.
37thWe win a free kick and Barnes lofts it in beautifully to Fagan who gets his head on it and redirects it into the net!!! 1-0
44thIntense action the last 5 minutes of the half culminates with a blistering shot from Kevin Fagan that is saved and then put back in by Michael Whitwell, goal!! 2-0
Second Half
46thThe traditional two halftime subs as Chicksen comes on for Darren Brady to give us a defensive winger and Keane replaces Miles Smith at DR.
47thWhitwell breaks into the area clean and is toppled on a tackle by Briscoe, leaving Uwezu arguing furiously with the ref for a penalty.
51stWe win a corner and Barnes lofts it into the 6 yard box where Diagne cuts off the keeper and heads it home for his 1st of the season and a commanding lead! 3-0
58thMike Williams is given a yellow card after bringing down Chris Fagan as the latter looked to create in the Kidderminster third.
75thMichael Uwezu is spent and I bring on Fabrice Otshudi to play AMC for the final 15 minutes of the match.
90th+ Stoppage time and Michael Whitwell twists the dagger one last time scoring on the end of free kick from Tony Diagne as we complete the mauling. 4-0
Final: Bishop's Stortford 4 - Kidderminster 0MOM: Michael Whitwell (Bishop's) 8.8
Possession: Bishop's 59/41Shots: Bishop's 15-8
Goals (Bishop's): Fagan 37', Whitwell 44', 90', Diagne 51'
Goals (Kidderminster): None

This has to get the attention of the rest of the league and hopefully some more of our fans as we dismantle the previously unbeaten Kidderminster 11 and it was not even close. 8 goals in our last two matches and both without the services of Hopkinson. Still early but I think this has to bode well for our status as contenders, though I warn the team not to get complacent in my post match talk.

As August ends we sit in a position we have never occupied in my brief term as Bishop's Stortford Manager, 1st place!
Old 10-30-2011, 08:04 AM   #132
BYU 14
Coordinator

September 2011 Schedule
09/10/11 – (BSS) @ Farnborough
09/12/11 – FA Cup 2nd qualifying round draw
09/18/11 – (BSS) @ Gloucester
09/20/11 – (BSS) VS Forest Green
09/24/11 – FA Cup 2nd qualifying round match
09/26/11 – FA Cup 3rd qualifying round draw

Only 3 league matches, but again the month is back loaded with 3 matches in 6 days including the FA Cup match. Geniuses put this schedule together, luckily we have the quality to tackle it without running anyone into the ground.

Board Room
The board is satisfied with my performance and is happy with the signing of Oliver Nicholas, while the departure of Stevland Angus continues to sting. Squad harmony is good and my job is still stable.

Finances
We lost $44,720.00 last month and the ledger now shows $419,958.00 in the red. Weekly salaries are $8,536.00 and my budget is $9,832.00, with a transfer budget of $0.

Training
Matt Barnes and Coskun Ekim (strength) both trained well last month. Darren Brady (tactics), Steve Birks (aerobic) and Tony Diagne did not. This is Brady’s second month in a row with poor results at tactics, I will have to monitor this closely.

Personnel
No issues of note

Honors
I honored to receive the award for Blue Square South boss of the month

Blue Square South TableWonDrawnLostPoints
Bishop's Stortford41013
Weston-super-Mare40112
Kidderminster40112
Havant & W32011
Maidenhead31110
Eastleigh31110
Farnborough3029
Bromley2218
Dover2218
Chelmsford2127
Gloucester2127
Woking2127
Boreham Wood2127
Dartford2036
Lewes1316
St. Albans2036
Welling2036
Hampton & Richmond0141
Sutton Utd0141
Basingstoke0050
Salisbury0050
Forest Green221-2
Old 10-30-2011, 08:29 AM   #133
BYU 14
Coordinator

BSS - League Leaders - 09/1/11
Goals
David Nwaogu Havant & W - 6
Tony Boto Kidderminster - 4
Ben Hunt Dover - 4
Assists
Ryan Woods Havant & W - 4
Stephen Reed Chelmsford - 3
Mustafa Tiryaki Havant & W - 3
Average Rating
David Nwaogu Havant & W - 7.96
Ryan Woods Havant & W - 7.72
Luke Jones Forest Green - 7.54
Man of the Match Awards
7 tied with - 2
Team Leaders - 09/1/11
Goals
Michael Whitwell - 3
Michael Uwezu - 2
Chris Fagan - 2
Assists
Matt Barnes - 2
Darren Brady - 2
7 tied with - 1
Average Rating
Fabrice Otshudi - 7.40
Simon Cox - 7.40
Oliver Nicholas - 7.40
Man of the Match Awards
5 tied with - 1
Old 11-02-2011, 10:31 PM   #134
BYU 14
Coordinator

09/04/2011 – Investment
The board sinks $120,000.00 into the club to assist with costs, I wish instead of this they would just spring to upgrade our training facilities.

Transfer in
We are in good shape at DC, but 18yr old Daniel Devine is too good to pass up. The Ireland U19 player is already regarded as better than Tony Diagne, so I have to jump on him since he is a free transfer after being cut loose by Aston Villa.
Technical – Marking 12, tackling 11 and heading 10
Mental – 15 in teamwork, 13 in aggression, bravery, concentration and decisions.
Physical – 10 or better in everything but acceleration (9) and pace (8)
I put him on a quickness training regimen right away.

09/06/2011 – Loan out
I send DC Simon Cox to Leyton on a season long loan. He was a stalwart for us last year, but is now the 4th best option at DC.

Honors
Tony Diagne and Michael Whitwell were selected to the BSS team of the week.

09/10/2011 (BSS) - Bishop's Stortford 4-1-0 (1st) @ Farnborough 3-0-2 (7th)
Record vs Opponent 0-1-1Att: 619Favorite: Farnborough 6-4
Weather: Dry 60 degreesDMC - Martins
GK - EyreAMC - Otshudi
DL/R - Clare / KeaneAML/R - Brady / Barnes
DC - Diagne / NicholasST - Whitwell / Fagan
MinFirst Half
22ndClare down the flank to Otshudi, played between two defenders to Whitwell who knocks it into the goal……But the flag was up, offsides!!
25thInterception by Keane who advances and picks out Fagan who has lost his man. Fagan fires and rattles the woodwork as the ball bounces clear.
34thAfter a yellow goes to Martins, Farnboroughs Howell is free and with plenty of room drives a shot top corner that Eyre does well to parry away.
39thTarkowski plays it forward to Morgan, across to Howell who runs onto the ball and gets off a shot from a tight angle, but it goes into the side netting.
45thWe earn a corner with the half winding down and Barnes plays it in nicely to Diagne who heads it across the goal and in!!!! We take the lead. 1-0
Second Half
46thUwezu, who is seeing more and more time up front is on for Whitwell and Orwubiko comes on for Martins.
58thMarshall earns a yellow for a foul on Fagan and off the free kick Nicholas heads it to Otshudi, who picks out Uwezu and Uwezu half volleys it home!!! 2-0
73rdFagan advances and knocks it to Barnes on the wing. Barnes sends in a marvelous cross and Uwezu gets his head on it and buries it!!! 3-0
86thBarnes is given a yellow card for going after Stockley who caused an injury to Otshudi. I bring Devine on for Otshudi and go to a 5-3-2 formation.
90thDevine clears, but Stockley out jumps Uwezu to win it back, ahead to Sawyers who finishes a nice run with a near miss to the left.
Looking at the stats you would think Farnborough unleashed a barrage but they only put 1 shot on target and never really got on close more than twice
Final: Bishop's Stortford 3 - Farnborough 0MOM: Michael Uwezu (Bishop's) 8.7
Possession: Farnborough 53/47Shots: Farnborough 15-4
Goals (Bishop's): Diagne 45', Uwezu 58', 73'
Goals (Farnborough): None

Wow, 4 shots, but we bury both clear cut chances and score off of a set piece to win the only statistical category that matters. Great game that keeps us in first and we get Hopkinson back from his three match ban for Gloucester.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #135
Grover
Pro Starter

Barnstorming start to the season! Smells like promotion.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:23 PM   #136
BYU 14
Coordinator

09/12/2011 - FA Cup
We draw BSN side Eastwood Town in the second qualifying round of the FA cup, to be played 09/24/11.

09/13/2011 - Honors
DR Michael Keane, DC Tony Diagne and AMC/ST Michael Uwezu all make the Blue Square South team of the week.

Our match against Forest Green on 09/20/11 is selected for fan day.

09/18/2011 (BSS) - Bishop's Stortford 5-1-0 (1st) @ Gloucester 2-1-3 (16th)
Record vs Opponent 0-0-0Att: 229Favorite: Bishop's 4-6
Weather: Dry 78 degreesDMC - Martins
GK - EyreAMC - Otshudi
DL/R - Clare / KeaneAML/R - Brady / Barnes
DC - Diagne / NicholasST - Whitwell / Hopkinson
MinFirst Half
4thWhitwell and Otshudi exchange passes before Whitwell picks out Hopkinson who shoots after dribbling into the area, but Gracey makes the save.
9thJamie Clarkson breaks the offside trap and is clean through on goal. Nicky Eyre has no chance as Gloucester takes the lead. 0-1
18thGloucester is applying heavy pressure with Clarkson taking a pass from Burns, losing his man and getting off a shot that Eyre just manages to tip wide.
30thFabrice Otshudi attacks and creates a chance with a pinpoint pass to Whitwell breaking into the area. Whitwell strikes it hard and it's in under the bar!! 1-1
42ndHopkinson hits a superb pass to Whitwell who advances and hits a burner that Gracey gets a glove on to turn behind. Whitell gets a yellow as the half expires.
Second Half
46thUwezu comes on for Whitwell and joins Hoppy up front, while new signing Devine is on for Nicholas at DC
47thClare clears it long and Hopkinson wins the race to the ball, bearing down on the keeper he shoots low and hard and scores!!!! 2-1
59thEdwards is given a yellow card after tripping Uwezu and Tim Hopkinson takes the free kick, firing in a rocket that Keenan Gracy secures.
64thHopkinson picks out Otshudi who then finds Uwezu streaking down the pitch. Uwezu is on on goal and sends it cracking past the keeper!!! 3-1
69thChicksen is on for Brady at the left wing spot to give us some more defense down the flank.
88thEyre, fresh off a critical save moments earlier is victimized by Michale Symons who found space and finished to pull Gloucester to within one. 3-2
Final: Bishop's Stortford 3 - Gloucester 2MOM: Fabrice Otshudi (Bishop's) 8.2
Possession: Bishop's 51/49Shots: Bishop's 14-13
Goals (Bishop's): Whitwell 30', Hopkinson 47', Uwezu 64'
Goals (Gloucester): Clarkson 9', Symons 88'

A real shoot out in terms of chances and it didn't look good at the end, but we managed to hold on and remain in 1st place with only 1 day of rest before we face Forest Green, who is tough despite being in administration.