Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-29-2011, 08:09 PM   #51
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Song #4b: It's a Marshmallow World - Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra

Talking about classic old-time duos, um...here is a pair that is not that odd seen singing together, but WTF is with that song? Yes it is a children's Christmas song kind of like Frosty or Rudolph, only not as good. So why would these two musical bigwigs singing it? They must have lost a bet with Sammy Davis Jr.
Reason it missed the list: This isn't a favorite song by any means, but it's worth watching due to the fact that you KNOW both of them are completely drunk to be singing this.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 12-30-2011 at 06:55 AM.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:09 PM   #52
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 12-30-2011, 06:02 AM   #53
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

#22b - Sisters - Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen

This is another case of not liking the main attraction from a show, but loving one of the other songs. I fully expected to have WHite CHristmas in here somewhere. But upon reviewing it I found I hated it. It's slow drivel. Slow and slow and sloooooooooow. I think the only reason people like it is when they can watch the movie and watch Bing sing it...for those who like looking at Bing. But the movie as well is total crap to me. Many movies of that era had the exact same plot and rather tired forced script used simply to tie famous songs together. (Because really that's all they were). But who cares when you've got the likes of these two bombshells singing their feature in the movie. Only first heard "Sisters" a few years ago. I swear Vera-Ellen is one of the sexiest women in any movie I've ever seen. (She's the one on the right). Legs, figure, pretty face and just plenty of hot (especially in a sweater in other scenes)! See, Hot or Not thread? This is a lesson that you don't need all your clothes off to be hot.
Reason it missed the list: I FORGOT! I had remembered this song early on and was fully expecting to put it on there somewhere. But just forgot. Then again it's not a Christmas song, except for the fact that it's IN a Christmas movie. Sure I have others like that on here but this one just got away from me.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 12-30-2011 at 06:07 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:02 AM   #54
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 12-30-2011, 06:16 AM   #55
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
This was fun to follow along, thanks CF.

Thanks for reading along!
Old 12-30-2011, 06:50 AM   #56
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

#2b The Ballad of the Christmas Donkey - Ed Ames

An out of nowhere choice and very much in the spirit of Little Drummer Boy. I didn't even know this song existed until Christmas Day when someone posted it on facebook. Wow, what a nice song. Brought a tear to my eye. Poor donkey. He even sings like a donkey. Anyway this nice little song and recording sounds like it's out of the stone ages but was sung in 1967 on his Christmas album. Love this a lot.
Reason it's not on the list: I didn't know of its existence while making the list

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 12-30-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:50 AM   #57
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 12-30-2011, 07:01 AM   #58
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

#23b Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses

From 1981 from the odd punkish band that brought you "I Know What Boys Like" and the theme to "Square Pegs", comes "Christmas Wrapping". I've actually been hearing this song played in department stores, so it must have finally hit it big. Yes, this is another in the long line of "Christmas hits by rock groups" and it definitely grows on me. A nice little song.
Reason its not on the list: There's not much between this and the Squeeze song, but I like that one a little better.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 12-31-2011 at 05:41 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:01 AM   #59
CrimsonFox
Head Coach