Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-23-2010, 02:36 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

NCAA 11: Baylor Bears - Soon to be the 2nd Best in Texas

I will be doing a one player online dynasty with Baylor. I am using a set of AA sliders BYU posted in the NCAA thread, with 8 minute quarters. I have recruiting set to All American and speed threshold to 40. I may alter that later, but I had no idea what to use.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 07-23-2010 at 08:32 PM.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:37 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

2010 Baylor Bears Offense

QB's

RB's

FB's

WR's

TE's

OL

Last edited by DeToxRox : 07-23-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

2010 Baylor Bears Defense

DE's

DT's

LB's

CB's

S's

Last edited by DeToxRox : 07-23-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

2010 Baylor Bears Special Teams

Old 07-23-2010, 08:35 PM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

2010 Baylor Bears Schedule

Week 1: vs UTEP
Week 2: vs Buffalo
Week 3: @ TCU
Week 4: @ Rice
Week 5: vs Kansas
Week 6: vs Texas Tech
Week 7: @ Colorado
Week 8: vs Kansas State
Week 9: @ Texas
Week 10: @ Oklahoma State
Week 11: vs Texas A&M
Week 12: vs Oklahoma

Predicted Record: 6-6
Old 07-23-2010, 09:37 PM   #6
BYU 14
Coordinator

Nice, looking forward to this, I have tweaked those sliders a bit and think I have a pretty good balance now. Also I set the speed threshold to 25, you can definitely tell the difference in the fastest vs the not so fast players at that setting.

Preferences
Auto Sprint: On
Auto Strafe: Off

Gameplay Options
Skill.........................All American
Injuries.....................On
Fatigue.....................On
Quarter Length...........8 minutes
Play Clock..................On
Game Speed...............Normal
Speed Threshold..........25
HFA Effect..................On
Ice the Kicker..............On

Game Rules
Offsides........................95
False Start....................95
Holding.........................50
Facemask......................50
O Pass Interference........80
D Pass Interference........80
KR/PR Interference..........100
Clipping.........................55
Intentional Grounding.......100
Roughing the Passer.........90
Roughing the Kicker.........100

Custom AI................ (HUM/CPU)

QB Accuracy...................25-25
Pass Blocking..................50-60
WR Catching...................55-55
RB Ability.......................50-60
Run Blocking...................30-60
Pass Coverage................45-50
Pass Rush......................45-25
Interceptions..................15-10
Rush Defense..................30-60
Tackling.........................40-45
FG Power........................15-20
FG Accuracy...................15-55
Punt Power......................15-45
Punt Accuracy.................25-75
KO Power........................25-45
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:46 PM   #7
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Nice, looking forward to this, I have tweaked those sliders a bit and think I have a pretty good balance now. Also I set the speed threshold to 25, you can definitely tell the difference in the fastest vs the not so fast players at that setting.

Preferences
Auto Sprint: On
Auto Strafe: Off

Gameplay Options
Skill.........................All American
Injuries.....................On
Fatigue.....................On
Quarter Length...........8 minutes
Play Clock..................On
Game Speed...............Normal
Speed Threshold..........25
HFA Effect..................On
Ice the Kicker..............On

Game Rules
Offsides........................95
False Start....................95
Holding.........................50
Facemask......................50
O Pass Interference........80
D Pass Interference........80
KR/PR Interference..........100
Clipping.........................55
Intentional Grounding.......100
Roughing the Passer.........90
Roughing the Kicker.........100

Custom AI................ (HUM/CPU)

QB Accuracy...................25-25
Pass Blocking..................50-60
WR Catching...................55-55
RB Ability.......................50-60
Run Blocking...................30-60
Pass Coverage................45-50
Pass Rush......................45-25
Interceptions..................15-10
Rush Defense..................30-60
Tackling.........................40-45
FG Power........................15-20
FG Accuracy...................15-55
Punt Power......................15-45
Punt Accuracy.................25-75
KO Power........................25-45

Awesome man, thanks for the heads up. Perfect timing as I am about to play my opener.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #8
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Week 1: Scouting UTEP

UTEP comes into the season as a middle of the road Conference USA team, but they have the ability to be dangerous thanks almost entirely to Senior RB Donald Buckram. Buckram (90 ov) possesses good speed (92) and amazing acceleration (96). He is a smaller back (5'10, 195) but he is someone who can strike at any time.

The Miners are an offensive team, and since there offense isn't exactly a world beater, it means their defense is very exploiatble. Their best defensive player is Junior ROLB Royzell Smith. Smith (78 ov) is a solid all around LB who can get to the QB and cover, but he isn't someone who will be able to contain RGIII if he gets loose.

This is a game we should win, and to make sure we get to a bowl game, we have to win.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:59 AM   #9
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Week 1: Baylor (0-0) vs UTEP (0-0)

First Quarter

- UTEP gets the ball to start the game but on their third play from scrimmage their QB Vittatoe is picked off by our CB Casey Odom to give us great field position. Unfortunately UTEP would get back to back sacks of Griffin to force a punt.

- We trade three and outs until we get the ball back. An errant pitch by Griffin bounces off of a UTEP DE and they scoop the ball up for a 31 yard gain. Vittatoe then finds their WR Carr for a 17 yard strike. 7-0 UTEP

- We answer with a 5 minute drive that cover 78 yards. It is capped off by a 3rd and goal from the three play, where Griffin takes a QB Draw into the endzone! 7-7

- Our D stiffens up and we drive back down the field, but on the UTEP 13 we go for a wingback pitch which their LB Morrow reads beautifully. He steps right in front of the pitch from Griffin and takes the ball 87 yards for a UTEP TD. 14-7 UTEP

Second Quarter

- After more back and forth action, UTEP would get the ball back around midfield after a nice punt return. Our pass D continued it's struggles, leading to another Vittatoe TD pass, this time an 11 yarder to Scott. UTEP 21-7

- On the very next possession though, we strike for our first huge play of the afternoon as Griffin hits Terrance Williams on a quick slant and Williams is off to the races for a 68 yard score! UTEP 21-14

- More stingy D on both sides, leading to a missed UTEP FG, keeps the game 21-14 until with 6 seconds left in the half, after a 43 yard pass from Vittatoe to Adams, UTEP hits a 32 yard FG to give them the momentum going into the half. UTEP 24-14.

Third Quarter

- Each team brings out their run games in the third. We force an INT, but can make nothing of it. Thankfully we show some grit and hunker down defensively keeping UTEP off the scoreboard. UTEP 24-14.

Fourth Quarter

- We continue a third quarter drive into the fourth, and after a great job of keeping the play alive by Griffin, he finds Krys Buerck wide open in the back of the endzone for an 11 yard score! UTEP 24-21

- Our defense once again holds, and for the second time, Griffin hits Williams for a TD pass over 60 yards, this time a 61 yard vertical route that saw Griffin use a sick pump fake which the DB bit on to get Williams wide open and give the Bears the lead! Baylor 28-24

- We trade possessions until about 1:48 left in the game when our RB Finley is hit and fumbles. Vittatoe hits Kemp for 40 yards and on the next play htis Carr for a 15 yard TD and a UTEP lead. UTEP 31-28

- We get the ball back and after a 26 yard pass to Williams puts us in UTEP territory, Griffin hits Buerck on a deep crossing route in the endzone with 54 seconds left to put us back on top! Baylor 35-31

- Of course our D falters and after attempting to jump a quick out, Vittatoe finds Carr for 72 yards down to the 1. On the next play Buckram runs the ball in to give UTEP the lead with just 38 seconds left. UTEP 38-35.

- With only 2 TO left, Griffin hit Buerck yet again, this time on a WR Screen. Buerck rumbled 49 yards to put Bears in FG range with 34 seconds left. Griffin would be sacked for 9 yard losses on consecutive plays though to make a 3rd and 29 with 17 seconds left and no timeouts. Then, in a fitting ending to this wild game, Griffin bought time and heaved a bomb into the corner of the endzone where a wide open Josh Gordon caught the 34 yard strike for the win! Baylor 42-38.

Final Score

Baylor 42 - UTEP 38

Stats

Robert Griffin: 16/27 for 407 yards, 5 TD - 0 INT

Trevor Vittatoe: 20/32 for 369 yards, 3 TD - 2 INT

Jay Finley: 16 carries for 89 yards

Donald Buckram: 18 carries for 117 yards, 1 TD

Terrance Williams: 6 for 204 yards, 2 TD
Krys Buerck: 5 for 112 yards, 2 TD

Donavon Kemp: 7 for 102 yards
Russell Carr: 3 for 104 yards, 2 TD

Chris Francis: 6 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT
Phil Taylor: 6 tackles, 1 sack

Robert Soleyjacks: 5 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 sacks
Bernard Obi: 4 tackles, 2 sacks
Old 07-24-2010, 10:55 AM   #10
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Week 2: Scouting Buffalo(0-1, 0-0)

Buffalo is a team we flat out must beat. In fact, they are coming off of a rare loss to an FCS East team which is very much pathetic.

On offense they are lead by Senior RB Brandon Thermilus (73). He is an average MAC back which should say a lot about their offense. We will need to exploit their lack of passing game and brutal OL and put the pressure on them early.

On defense they have one good player and that is Senior SS Davonte Shannon (84). He has good speed (91) and has shown he can be a ball hawk. Sadly for Buffalo he is easily their best player on D and that should lead to another massive game for RGIII.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #11
BYU 14
Coordinator

Wild opener, stats look pretty good, did those sliders feel about right to you?

On Buffalo, they run a pure no huddle offense and gave me fits early as I was trying to shift the defense and make adjustments before they got the snap off. Their Defense is horrible though.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:17 PM   #12
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Wild opener, stats look pretty good, did those sliders feel about right to you?

On Buffalo, they run a pure no huddle offense and gave me fits early as I was trying to shift the defense and make adjustments before they got the snap off. Their Defense is horrible though.

Loved the sliders, I just need to stop using the hit stick heh. It kills me all the time which is how UTEP scored two of their TD's.

As far as Buffalo, I just finished up the game. The No Huddle gave me a ton of fits but their QB was so bad this game it was unreal. You'll see shortly what I mean.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:41 PM   #13
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Week 2: Baylor (1-0, 0-0) vs Buffalo (0-1, 0-0)

First Quarter

- Griffin starts the game early with a couple of big time plays; one was a 23 yard run off of a Read Option, and the other a 20 yard strike to Williams. We stall out in the redzone though and settle for a 23 yard Ben Parks FG. 3-0 Baylor

- Buffalo's No Huddle offense confuses us early, and they march down the field, only to see their WR fumble after a 10 yard gain and we recover. We go back down the field but once again stall and settle for a 22 yard Ben Parks FG. 6-0 Baylor.

- We force a 3 and out, and after a 31 yard punt return deep into Buffalo territory, RGIII engineers a nice little drive culminating in a 7 yard TD pass to Lanear Sampson! Baylor 13-0

Second Quarter

- Another 3 and out gives us the ball to start the second half, and in a drive that saw tons of quick passes, we drive down to the 1, where we give it to our FB Kaeron Johnson for the 1 yard TD run! Baylor 20-0

- Buffalo's No Huddle would kick into high gear once again, and they got into our red zone. Thankfully we held tight but their kicker Principe hit a 33 yard FG to put Buffalo on the board. Baylor 20-3.

- The start of massacre truly began, as Griffin hooked up with Wright for a 28 yard TD. This was all Wright as it was on a WR screen. He got the pass and took it to the house in style. Baylor 27-3.

- We finish out the half in style, as Griffin hits Wright with another 28 yard strike on a vertical route. Wright had 5 or so yards on the DB and was able to cruise into the endzone. Baylor 34-3.

Third Quarter

- More of the same in the third, as we take the ball and drive down the field. The drive culminates in a 2 yard TD pass from Griffin to Williams. Parks would miss the XP but at this point it doesn't matter. Baylor 40-3

- Buffalo's QB throws his first pick of the day and we take it down to the 5. After two run plays, Jay Finley is finally able to rumble in on his 3rd attempt from 2 yards out. Baylor 47-3.

- Buffalo's QB throws another pick on the next drive and Griffin engineers yet another masterful march down the field, this time hooking up with TE Jerod Monk for a 3 yard TD. Baylor 54-3.

Fourth Quarter

- Both teams put the backups in at this point, and our backups keep the pedal to the metal. Our backup RB Jarred Salubi has a nice 13 yard run up the middle for six and the domination escalates. Baylor 61-3.

- We cap the game off with 4th string QB Buddy Trahan getting a shot at some action, and he hooks up with our WR Bryan for a 17 yard strike. Baylor 68-3.

Stats

Robert Griffin: 29/40 for 394 yards, 4 TD

Jerry Davis: 11/29 for 149 yards, 3 INT

Jay Finley: 24 carries for 61 yards, 1 TD

Brandon Thermilus: 15 carries for 40 yards

Lanear Sampson: 7 for 100, 1 TD
Terrance Williams: 7 for 90, 1 TD
Kendall Wright: 7 for 97, 2 TD
Krys Buerck: 6 for 109

Marcus Rivers: 5 for 96

Gary Mason Jr: 2 tackles, 1 sack
Antonio Johnson: 7 tackles, 1 INT
Clifton Odom: 4 tackles, 1 INT

Scott Pettigrew: 10 tackles, 1 TFL
Domnic Cook: 9 tackles
Jerry Housey: 5 tackles, 3 TFL, 1 sack
Old 07-24-2010, 05:12 PM   #14
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Week 3: Scouting #7 TCU (2-0, 0-0)

This is going to be our first test of the year. Sadly, this is probably going to be a test we fail. TCU has been amazing this year, destroying Oregon State 38-6, and then handling their business vs FCS Southeast 49-3. They are not just better then us, but most importantly, much faster then us. Overcoming this is going to be quite a chore.

Their offense starts up front with their amazing OL. C Jake Kirkpatrick (97), RT Marcus Cannon (93), LG Kyle Dooley (92), LT Zach Roth (89) and RG Josh Vernon (89) easily make up one of the top OL's in the country. Add in Senior QB Andy Dalton (93) and Senior WR Jeremy Kerley (90) and you have a dynamic QB/WR combo that can torch us at any time.

On Defense they are not as stingy as in years past, but they are still a talented unit. The impact guy on D is MLB Tank Carder (89). He will be someone we have to watch out for over the middle because he is a threat in coverage.

To win this game, RGIII must play better then he ever has, and I am not sure that is feasible.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:04 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Week 3: Baylor (2-0, 0-0) @ #7 TCU (2-0, 0-0)

BAY - OV: B-/OFF: B/DEF: C+ -- TCU - OV: B+/OFF: A/DEF: B+

First Quarter

- We trade punts early in the game as each team looks to find a rhythm. Unfortunately for us, the speed disparity rears its ugly head in a big way as TCU's OLB gets to the RB before a pitch can be made and rocks him, knocking the ball loose in the process. TCU scoops it up and takes it to the 8 where their RB Wesley rumbles in for the score. TCU 7-0.

- We move the ball some but Griffin is sacked on 3rd and 3 knocking us out of FG range. We try the field possession game but the punt is a lame duck and Wesley strikes again, this time with an amazing 68 yard TD run, set up by their OL simply dominating ours. TCU 14-0.

- We are forced to punt but thankfully our D steps up and forces a fumble. We recover at the TCU 14 but can't punch it in. We settle for a 30 yard FG from Parks. TCU 14-3.

Second Quarter

- We play even football for nearly all the second quarter, but then Dalton engineers a nice, long 5 minute drive capped off by yet another Wesley TD, this time from 4 yards out. Their OL cannot be stopped. TCU 21-3.

- We can't even stop Wesley through the air, as TCU gets the ball back and with 27 seconds to go in the half, Dalton hits Wesley on a wheeling route out of the backfield for a 16 yard strike. TCU 28-3.

Third Quarter

- Our offense continues to go nowhere, totally carved up by the front 7 of TCU. We punt and of course TCU marches down the field, and Wesley again scores, this time on a 2 yard run to put the game pretty much out of reach if it wasn't already. TCU 35-3.

- We show a little fire, as Griffin pump fakes the corner and hits Wright for a beautiful 79 yard score. TCU 35-10.

- We show more life, stopping TCU twice, and then Griffin manages to elude a ton of pressure and loft a ball over the DB to hit Wright in the endzone for a 13 yard score. TCU 35-17.

- This would be short lived hope we gained as TCU has a nice return to midfield. Yet another drive where their OL eats us for breakfast, and it culminates in Dalton hitting Hicks for a 5 yard TD pass. TCU 42-17.

Fourth Quarter

- Griffin pads his stats some as he hits TE Brad Taylor on a seam route right down the middle, totally wide open for a 23 yard strike. 42-24.

- TCU would then march down the field, chewing up time, before settling for a 33 yard FG from Evans which would be the final scoring play of the game. TCU 45-24.

Final Score

TCU 45 - Baylor 24

Stats

Robert Griffin: 17/38 for 341 yards, 3 TD - 1 INT
Andy Dalton: 16/24 for 267 yards, 2 TD

Robert Griffin: 16 carries for 17 yards
Ed Wesley: 23 carries for 153 yards, 4 TD

Kendall Wright: 3 catches for 139 yards, 2 TD
Terrance Williams: 7 catches for 84 yards
Brad Taylor: 4 catches for 81 yards, 1 TD

Antoine Hicks: 6 catches for 123 yards, 1 TD

Antonio Johnson: 9 tackles, 2 TFL
Phil Taylor: 4 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 Sack
Tracy Robertson: 2 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Sack

Alex Ibiloye: 6 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Sack
DJ Yendrey: 3 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 Sacks
Tanner Brown: 4 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 INT
Old 07-24-2010, 07:52 PM   #16
BYU 14
Coordinator

I feel you pain on TCU, they just ran all over me too, they are too damn fast.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #17
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
I feel you pain on TCU, they just ran all over me too, they are too damn fast.

Yup. I actually saw your post in the NCAA thread before I played and boy was that a rude awakening. Their OL was amazing and the fact my DL isn't that good was totally exploited. This is the first time I've played an NCAA game where a dominant OL actually shows.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:26 PM   #18
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Week 4: Scouting Rice (1-2, 0-0)

Rice currently sits at 1-2, with losses vs Texas & Northwestern while they narrowly beat North Texas at home. They only have 43 points through three games, while they have given up 76. They are a team that will rely heavily on it's two best players, Sam McGuffie (80) and Charles Ross (78), both of which are RB's. They will try and spread us out and then run the ball down at us. Our run D has struggled but this should be a team we bottle up.

On D, SS Travis Bradshaw (75) and DE Cheta Ozoguwu (74) are their top players. The fact of the matter is both are easily exploitable but can make a few players. They have no one who can contain RGIII at all.

This should be an easy W.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:17 AM   #19
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Week 4: Baylor (2-1, 0-0) @ Rice (1-2, 0-0)
BAY - OV: B-/OFF: B/DEF: C+ -- RICE - OV: D/OF: C-/DEF: D

First Quarter

- The first quarter was a sloppy played football game. Each team struggled to get anything going in the air and neither run game could make much happen either. We finish the quarter driving but it's still 0-0.

Second Quarter

- We finish off our drive with Griffin hitting Taylor on a seam route for a 24 yard strike and the lead. Baylor 7-0.

- Rice drives down the field, but in out territory Fanuzzi is hit as he throws and Casey makes the easy INT. We fail to capitalized however and each team trades punts.

- We move down the field again, but this time Griffin is stripped on a QB keeper and can't get the ball back. Gioffre picks it up for Rice to give them the ball and stall a promising series.

- Casey strikes again, this time jumping the route and gaining his second INT of the game. Yet again though, we fail to capitalize as Griffin throws it back, this time to Bradshaw in our territory.

- As the half winds down Fanuzzi spots a blown coverage and hits Dupree for an easy 42 yard TD with just under a minute in the half. 7-7.

Third Quarter

- Griffin hits Wright over the middle to start the third but the ball is jarred loose on a big hit. Rice recovers and three plays later Fanuzzi hits Dupree again, this time for a 3 yard TD. Rice 14-7.

- Griffin takes the ball back and runs 28 yards only to be rocked. He goes down hurt and fumbles yet again. Rice picks it up and we find out Griffin has a badly bruised shoulder and is out 3 weeks.

- We trade possessions as Florence comes into the game. A great punt by Rice pins us at our 3, but on 2nd down Rice overcommits to the the strong side and our counter play works to perfection as Jay Finley takes it the distance for a 97 yard TD! 14-14

Fourth Quarter

- We drive to the Rice 9 and stall to start the fourth. We gamble on the fake FG with Florence taking the snap and scrambling into the endzone! Sadly Parks would miss the XP but we lead. Baylor 20-14.

- The ensuing kick is fumbled by Rice. Bay picks it up and takes it 69 yards to the Rice 27. On the very next play Florence hooks up with Williams for a 27 yard TD. We go for 2 but fail. Still we lead 26-14.

- Rice isn't down yet, as with 2:42 left they manage to score on a 1 yard TD pass from Fanuzzi to Pool to make it 26-21.

- Rice manages to hold us and gets the ball back with 1:30 left. Thankfully Fanuzzi is picked again, this time by Francis.

- We run one last play to burn Rice's final TO, and Finley strikes again, this time with a 76 yard TD as he runs off RT totally untouched. Baylor 33-21.

Final Score

Baylor 33 - Rice 21

Stats

Griffin: 8-17 for 107 yards, 1 TD - 1 INT
Florence: 7-20, 88 yards, 1 TD

Fenuzzi: 23-43, 322 yards, 3 TD - 3 INT

Finley: 16 for 223, 2 TD
McGuffie: 20 for 71

Williams: 4 catches for 50 yards, 1 TD
Dupree: 4 catches for 86 yards, 2 TD

Gary Mason Jr: 7 tackles, 5 TFL, 2 Sacks
Chance Casey: 7 tackles, 2 INT
Phil Taylor: 7 tackles, 1 TFL

Travis Bradshaw: 8 tackles, 1 INT
Chris Jones: 6 tackles, 1 INT
Old 07-26-2010, 02:11 PM   #20
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Week 4: Scouting Kansas (2-2, 0-0)

Our first conference game of the season is going to a crucial one for us. Our schedule gets rough from here on out, so if we want to go bowling this is one of the games we must win. Plus we will have a dozen or so visitors at this game so from a recruiting standpoint this is equally big.

Kansas is 2-2 so far, with wins over FCS West and New Mexico State. They have losses to Georgia Tech and Southern Miss.

The strength of Kansas offensively is their OL. All five of their starters are over an 83 OV. Their skill positions do lack some talent though, so it will be crucial for us to stop their run game and now allow them a chance to set up their pass game.

On D, MLB Tanner Hawkinson (87) is only a Sophmore, but he is going to be a force. With Griffin out, we will have to utilize the run game more and quicker passes to exploit the other relative lack of talent.

This is a game we still can win, but it's a coin flip.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:07 PM   #21
BYU 14
Coordinator

Rice put up a pretty could fight. I just had a game like that with Wyoming. Won 38-31 but Austyn Carta-Samuels hit some big plays for the Pokes and kept them in the game.

I have to admit I like the fact that upsets can happen in this game from time to time. We got back on track the next week routing UNLV 49-21.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:23 PM   #22
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Rice put up a pretty could fight. I just had a game like that with Wyoming. Won 38-31 but Austyn Carta-Samuels hit some big plays for the Pokes and kept them in the game.

I have to admit I like the fact that upsets can happen in this game from time to time. We got back on track the next week routing UNLV 49-21.

Agreed. The Rice game was frustrating because our QB's were just off the mark all night. Thankfully we held when we needed to, but it was way too close.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:24 AM   #23
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Week 5: Baylor (3-1, 0-0) vs Kansas (2-2, 0-0)
BAY - OV: B-/OFF: B/DEF: C+ -- KAN - OV: B-/OFF: B-/DEF: B-

Visitors:

3* SS Chris Coleman
3* DE Jeremy Johnson
3* OT Jeff Mills
3* OG Richard Butler
3* MLB David Smith
3* CB Mike Floyd
3* CB Brandon Thompson
3* FS Justin Adams
3* MLB Jamaal Davis
3* OG Christian Johnson
3* OT Dusty Parrish
3* DT Barrett Wolfe
3* P Johnny Kilpatrick

First Quarter

- The game opens with tons of big hits but nothing else to speak of. We drive down the field mid way through the quarter but end up missing a 42 yard FG.

- We trade possessions again, but near the end of the quarter Kansas mounts a nice drive, culminating in a pass from Pick to Wilson for a 16 yard score. Kansas 7-0.

Second Quarter

- More of the same in the second quarter, until we finally start getting chunks of yards. We go no huddle and wear down their defense with six straight runs, with Finley rushing from 3 yards out to tie it up. 7-7.

- Kansas misses a FG later on but yet again we cannot capitalize. Kansas gets it back and with 1 second left they decide to take a risk and from the 1 yard line go for the TD. Sadly they succeed as Pick hits Ingram for a 1 yard score as time expires. Kansas 14-7.

Third Quarter

- Another boring quarter of football. It's a tense game but nothing happens. Lots of punts. Thankfully we are able to get a 44 yard FG that barely clears the upright to give us momentum. 14-10 Kansas.

Fourth Quarter

- Kansas punts to the start the 4th and we get a nice return to their 40. Several plays later Florence hits Williams on a 9 yard connection and the Bears are in the lead! Baylor 17-14

- We trade punts and Kansas is back with the ball. They stall out in our territory and send out the FG unit. Thankfully their kicker shanks the kick and we're still up.

- The missed FG proves to be what we need as we run down their throats. Finally Salubi takes it in from a yard out with just over a minute left and seal the hard fought victory! Baylor 24-14.

Final Score

Baylor 24 - Kansas 14

Stats

Florence - 20/31 for 275 yards, 1 TD
Pick - 14 for 35 for 215 yards, 2 TD

Finley - 16 for 51 yards, 1 TD
Opurum - 33 for 121

Williams - 4 for 45, 1 TD
Wilson - 5 for 110, 1 TD

Scotton - 6 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 Sacks
Dudley - 11 tackles
Old 08-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #24
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Week 6: Scouting Texas Tech (2-2, 1-1)

Texas Tech is an explosive offensive team headed by Senior QB Taylor Potts (90). While Mike Leach is no longer with them, this is a throw first offense. Their best player, HB Baron Batch (91) would normally give them threat out of the backfield, but he is injured for this game. Despite that, this offense will cause problems for us as they feature several WR's over 87.

On D, we have to avoid Senior CB Laron Moore (87). He is a ball hawk and will be used to shut down our pass game. With Griffin out still we need to work the middle of the field where their LB's and Safety play is not a strength.

So far TexasTech has been very up and down, but every game has been a shoot out. They have losses to SMU (34-30) and Iowa State (38-34) but beat Texas (46-30). If we don't score 35 minimum this will be ugly.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:40 PM   #25
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Week 6: Baylor (3-1, 1-0) vs Texas Tech (2-2, 1-1)

First Quarter

- We trade possessions to start the game, then we gamble by going after Laron Moore, their star DB. It pays off this time around as he bites on a pump fake and Wright makes an easy 41 yard TD grab! Baylor 7-0

- Texas Tech is out of sorts offensively and on a bad throw Patin is able to pick off Pots to give us the ball at midfield.

- We get a drive that is a nice mix of run and pass, and is capped off by Florence running it in from 3 yards out. Baylor 14-0.

Second Quarter

- More trading of possessions in the 2nd quarter. Halfway through, we get a big 49 yard FG from Parks to make it a three score game. Baylor 17-0.

- We then get the ball right back as Atchison makes a huge pick. Then the game turned as Florence is hit as he throws and Porter picks up the easy INT and runs 81 yards for a TD. Baylor 17-7.

- We end the half with a 39 yard FG to make it 20-7, but our O has gone off the tracks. Baylor 20-7.

Third Quarter

- We go back and forth in the 3rd. We get another INT and a fumble but cannot score. Then Potts hits Torres over the middle for a 29 yard TD and gives the Red Raiders life near the end of the 3rd. Baylor 20-14.

Fourth Quarter

- A back and forth fourth quarter goes down until 58 seconds left, when on 4th and 5 Potts hits Swindall for a 17 yard TD to give Texas Tech the lead. TT 21-20.

- We get one last chance and after a huge 53 yard bomb puts us in FG range, we play it safe. We bring on Potts for a 41 yard FG but it's bad wind and he shanks it wide to give Texas Tech the win and us a heart breaking loss.

Final Score

Texas Tech 21 - Baylor 20
Old 08-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #26
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Week 7: Scouting Colorado (0-5, 0-1)

What can be said that their record doesn't already tell? Colorado is in shambles. They don't score much and their D is a sieve.

On offense, WR Scotty McKnight (86) and RB Rodney Stewart (85) are two guys we have to keep in check. Assuming we are able to we should stop their offense entirely.

On defense it's Junior FS Anthony Perkins (86) who is their best player. He is a solid player but nothing that we should really be afraid of. We will come out ready to pick on him and pound them into submission early.

Robert Griffin is Questionable for this game but will likely start.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #27
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Week 7: Baylor (3-2, 1-1) vs Colorado (0-5, 0-1)

First Quarter

- After trading possessions, we drive down the field led by Florence (RGIII was gonna be worse off playing so I held him out). The drive ends in a 2 yard run from Finley. Baylor 7-0

- Colorado gets the ball back and marches down the field. McKnight and Stewart each chew up yards, and then Stewart bounces in from 5 yards out to tie it up. 7-7

Second Quarter

- A very boring quarter. We trade 30 + yard FG's and neither team shows advantage over the other. We mount a nice drive at the end of the half though and we connect on a 41 yard FG to give us the early 13-7 lead. Baylor 13-7.

Third Quarter

- Colorado strikes 2 minutes in on a bomb resulting from blown coverage. Hansen hits Simmons in stride for a 66 yard score. Colorado 14-13.

- We march back down the field and with the help of two DPI's, we set up shop a the 1. From there it's an easy score for Finley. Baylor 20-14.

- We force a 3 and out, and once again we find success with short passing plays and yards after the catch. Finley scores yet again, this time from 3 yards out to help us start pulling away. Baylor 27-14.

Fourth Quarter

- We start the quarter off with an INT that should have been a pick six but we are knocked at at the 2. We give it to Finley again and he adds another 2 yard score. Baylor 34-14.

- Odom picks off Hansen on Colorado's next possession.We can't put up 6 but we settle for a 21 yard chip shot to make it 37-14.

- The game is put away for good with 2:40 left as Florence hits Johnson for a 1 yard TD and that's ball game. Baylor 44-17.

Final Score

Baylor 44 - Colorado 17
Old 08-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #28
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Week 8: Scouting Kansas State (3-3, 2-1)
OFF: B-/DEF: B-/OV: B-

KSU is a high powered offense with a defense that can make big plays. Neither is that consistent but when either is on then it becomes a challenge for opposing teams.

Senior RB Daniel Thomas (91) is one of the best in the Big 12. He has 601 yards already on the year, and that is despite a rather weak OL. He is the key to their offense. If he is held in check and they are forced to pass our D should be able to exert its will. If we allow them to run on us then this will be an uphill climb.

On D, ROLB Troy Butler (84) is their top player. He has two pick sixes already this season despite missing two games. He will be a guy we look out for when we are looking to establish our short passing game.

Thankfully RGIII looks ready to go tonight. He is probable and with all the big boys looming (UT, OU, OSU, A&M) this is our best shot at winning that 6th game and becoming bowl eligible.

Lose, and it's going to be an uphill battle.