Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-26-2010, 10:35 PM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Kenny "The Kid" Davis: No More Sand in the Face

I am going to make an attempt t a UFC Undisputed 2010 dynasty / game review. I will follow my created fighter as he progresses and also add my thoughts about the game in general as I go.

I have decided to create a little guy, one who will attempt to focus on the ground game and be a submission fighter.

I chose this as it will be a completely different path for me and will most likely be the toughest for me to accomplish (I have always created stand up and pound fighters in 2009 and my first fighter in 2010 is like that as well).

Hopefully I can entertain and maybe shed a little light on how the game is and hopefully it will help me learn a different style of fighting within this game (making it a win/win situation).

I will try to post as often as possible. Work is raping up again but a 3 day weekend this week will give me some time.

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:59 PM   #2
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Background

Kenny "The Kid" Davis

Born in Portland, Oregon.

Fighting out of Mobile, Alabama.

20 years old.

5'4", 155 pounds and fighting in the Lightweight division.

Kenny grew up as the tiniest kid in his class. He was always being picked n and one day while at the beach with friends a 10 year old girl kicked sand in his face. That was the last straw as he was being laughed at by his friends and the 10 year old girl.

He wanted to fight back but he never had the guts. That day he decided he hd to fight back or life would walk all over him. He never had the size but he was agile and quick enough.

Deciding to take up martial arts he quickly learned how to use his opponents own strength to his advantage. He began fighting in his late teens and while he never had the power to knock someone out he was able to make them tap.

He must fight on the mat to be successful. He must learn how to impose his will against more skilled fighters and keep himself from beng a punching bag for the successful.

What does his future hold? We will find out.

Game Related Comments

The create a fighter is a little deeper than last year as it allows you to pick from a list of names now an these names will be used by the announcers (though I noticed in my other career that you still get announced by your nickname when the fight is starting.

Last edited by EagleFan : 05-26-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:20 PM   #3
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

First Amateur Fight

After several unoficial back room fights I have finally joined a gym and after what seemed like forever I am finally making my first fight. It's an amateur fight in the gym but I get to see if my training has paid off against a higher calliber opponent that Joe Blow weekend warrior fighter wannabe.

Hopefully I am not one of those...

The first round goes quite well for me as I am able to take my opponent down at will and controlled him on the ground. I landed a few blows from the top an was able to mount him a few times. I did try an arm bar and a coupld attempts at a kimora but were not successful. I do feel good about my first round as he only landed one solid punch on me and I controlled it the rest of the way.

The second round I forgot to defend after I was landing a lot of solid leg kicks and got caught with a solid right that knocked me down. I recovered and was able to take him down near the end of the round and control him for the last minute of the round.

In the 3rd round I was able to take him down and rocked him with a ground and pound but he recovered enough to keep the fight from being stopped. Then after being stood up I ducked away from a desperate bomb and caght him clean on the jaw with a right and he went down as the fight was stopped.

It felt good to win like that in a gym.

Afterwards I was approached to sign with the WFA for a card. I will be turning pro!
Old 05-26-2010, 11:59 PM   #4
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

First Pro Fight

I will be fighting Manny Dos Santos Jr. for my first fight in the WFA as an undercard event. Santos is 8-3 and will be a tough challange for me but I feel very excited about my chance to fight in front of a crowd.

I have 11 weeks to prepare.

Week 1: A little sparring as I work on my ground game and submissions.
Week 2: Some light training on my cardio, I need to be able to last in the octagon.
Week 3: Rest, time to recover.
Week 4: More sparring as I work on my takedowns, clinch and mor ground work.
Week 5: Light training on speed.
Week 6: Rest
Week 7: I go to 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu for training; I work on learnign rubber guard but have not been able to pick it up and will require more work.
Week 8: Rest
Week 9: More sparring as I continue to work on my ground game.

UFC 116 results:
Lidell KO's Franklin
Gonzaga beats Kongo
Florian beats Tyson Griffin
Koscheck KO's Thiago
Belfot TKO's Bisping
Rua beats Machida for the Light Heavyweight Title
Lesner KO's Cawin to retain the Heavywieht Title

Week 10: Light strength training.
Week 11: Rest

(Bad planning as I missed a chance to Gameplan the fight)

WFA 8

My Fight

Manny Dos Santos Jr. (8-3) vs. Kenny "The Kid" Davis (0-0)

He is 2 years older than me, has a 1 inch reach advantage and is 5 inches taller than me.

1st round - I control the round with a barrage of leg kicks and am able to take him down three diffferent times. I tried a kimora but couldn't sink it in. I was able to cut him during a ground and pound when I took him down after he missed a spinning head kick attempt. I feel like I won that round!

2nd round - I continue to chop him down with my leg kicks and the damage is starting to show near the end of the round as he bagan to stumble afterwards. I also took him down onceand was able to control him on the ground but was unsuccessful at the submission attempt. He did catch me with an overhand right at one point but I was able to shake it off. I feel like I am up 2 round already and just need to get through round 3 for the win.

3rd round - More of the same as I punished him with leg kicks. I could tell how much damage they had done by how easy the takedowns became as I was able to take him down when he was trying to defend quite easily (where earlier in the fight I was unable to take him down if I didn't catch him off guard in my shoot). I was still unable to submit him but controlled the round easily.

I win the desicion easily!!!! I am now 1-0 as a pro!

Game Related Comments

I don't know how this compares to last years as I was all stand and pound before bt I like how the area damage seems to accumulate as I could tell by how my opponent was fighting near the end of the fight that his legs were done in by my leg kicks.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:04 AM   #5
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight Announced

I will be taking on Sam Boberg (5-1) in my next WFA fight. I wll have 10 weeks to prepare.

My goal is to continue to improve my ground game and pick up the rubber guard.

Game Related Comments

It seems that the sponsor points may work differently this time. I have two sponsors and plastered my hat, shirt and shorts with the max slots for logos but only seemed to get the points for having those two sponsors and not having them in all the slots. If I remember correctly with last year's you could load up 10 slots with the max sponsor and get max credits for it.

If this is the case I actually like this way much better.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:05 AM   #6
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

(ooc)Holy Crap, it's after1 AM already. I'll pick this up again tomorrow evening.(/ooc)
Old 05-27-2010, 03:18 AM   #7
Icy
Pro Starter

I'm following!

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:14 AM   #8
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight 2

10 weeks until my match with Sam Boberg (5-1). My coach tells me that I need to avoid his kicks to be successful. I will try to focus my training on improving my strengths instead of just for this fight.

Week 1: Moderate cardio work, I want to be faster than my opponents and be able to outlast them
Week 2: Rest as the fight and training has me worn down
Week 3: Sparring and working on my takedowns and controlling my opponent on the ground
Week 4: Light speed training
Week 5: Rest
Week 6: 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu to work on rubber guard. I think I am getting close to picking it up, I just seem to be missing on my timing for setting it up just slightly
Week 7: Rest
Week 8: More sparring with focus on takedown and submissions
Week 9: Light strength work
Week 10: Rest as I feel ready for this fight

(I can't believe I did it again, missing game planning; I need to get used to taking advantage of that)

WFA 10

My Match

Kenny "The Kid" Davis (1-0) vs. Sam "Sambo" Boberg (5-1)

He is 4 years older than I am, 3 inches taller but our reach is even.

1st round - Early on I hit him with a couple leg kicks and throw in a right cross or two but then get him to miss on a high kick and take him down. I advance to half guard and get a few shots in on him but am unable to advance past there and the fight gets brought bak to our feet. He gets my attention with a few leg kicks of his own (is this what they feel like, damn I would hate to fight me). We enter the clinch for a bit and I get a couple knees in but we get broken up with little action. We exchange a few leg kicks though I landed a few more to end the round. He did get my attention late with a head kick. I think I won that round as I know I landed more and had a takedown.

2nd round - I start the round out swinging but return quickly to the leg kick. After a minue I see him starting to change his style a bit as he starts trying to throw bombs from outside as he seems to want to avoid the leg kick. Then I see him starting to look alittle gimpy after I land two more solid leg kicks. He goes for another bomb and I duck and take him down. I make a mistake trying to go for a kimura too early and he escapes and we get back to our feet. More punishing leg kicks and the affects are showing on him as he is trying to shake the kicks off and staying back much farther. Then he goes for a spinning head kick and I take him down again. I transition at will and mount him. As I start firing away with punches the round comes to an end. I am owning him at this point.

3rd round - I go right back to chopping him down. Then as he comes in for anothe rhead kick attempt I duck it and connect with a right and then take him down. I open him up with a ground and pound attack and transition to an arm bar and just get it sinked in when the bell rings to end the round.

I win another easy decision and improve to 2-0!!!!

Game Related Comments

I was impressed with the corner commentary after the second round. My trainer pointed out that my kicks were working and said somethign along eh line of "look at him now, he's trying to go after you with head kicks now, he doesn't want to get near you." Not an exact quote but something along that line. Going to keep an eye on this as I progress to see if the trainer comments are as impressive as I continue. I usually skipped them in last year's game.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:17 AM   #9
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight Announced

WFA 12 in a main card against George Goodridge (7-3-1).

I want to improve my submissions and I will pick up that rubber guard this time!
Old 05-28-2010, 12:19 AM   #10
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sponsor Announcement

I have earned a better deal with two sponsors, THQ and Yukes. I guess my two performances have impressed them enough so far.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:41 AM   #11
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight 3

I have 10 weeks to prepare. My coach is very confident about my chances in this next fight. He says to just keep doing what I am doing and it won't be a problem.

Week 1: Moderate cardio training
Week 2: Rest to recover
Week 3: Sparring and work on takedowns and submissions
Week 6: 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu to work on Rubber Guard; I nailed it this time
Week 7: Light strength training
Week 8: Game Plan for submission
Week 9: Light cardio training
Week 10: Rest

WFA 12

My Match

George "Little Daddy" Goodridge (7-3-1) vs. Kenny "The Kid" Davis (2-0)

He is 4 years older than I am and 6 inches taller with a 4 inch reach advantage.

1st round - Had some trouble with his reach early on but then started to land the leg kicks and took him down when he missed a bomb. I rocked him while he was down and opened him up but I tried for a submission when he was blocking my punches butwas unable to sink it in. After we stood up I knocked him down with an elbow and finished the round dominating him on the ground.

2nd round - I started out well as I took him down and opened him up some more. We were brought back to out feet and I got stupid as I connected with a couple shots and tried to stand with him. He connected with a right that staggered me and then put me down with an uppercut to the jaw. I was out for a bit and my head is still hurting.

KO loss, drop to 2-1.

I can only hope to learn from that humiliating defeat. I was in command the entire fight up until that point and got sloppy. I can't stand toe to toe and exchange shots or my career will be over really soon. I must remember my strengths.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:44 AM   #12
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next fight announced

I will be back to an undercard match and will take on the person who I beat in my first fight, Manny Dos Santos Jr. He wanted a chance to make up for that first loss. I want to submit him this time.

I have 11 weeks to prepare.

Sponsors

I have added MMA Elite, Musclepharm, Yardbarker.com and MMA Connected to my sponsors.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:47 AM   #13
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

(ooc)Getting late again, had a very late start tonight as I was exhausted tonight and slept a bit before having a midnight conference call. Maybe I'll get a little extra time tomorrow night to see if I can get 3 or 4 fights in.

Ticked at myself for reverting back to my stand and pound tactics on that loss. I guess after opening him up I thought I could knock him the #$%# out. Live and learn I guess. (/ooc)
Old 05-28-2010, 01:36 AM   #14
DeToxRox
Head Coach

For sure following.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:39 PM   #15
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Current Title Holders

Lightweight - BJ Penn (15-5)
Welterweight - Dan Hardy (25-6-1)
Middleweight - Anderson Silva (26-4)
Light Heavyweight - Mauricio Rua (19-4)
Heavyweight - Brock Lesner (5-1)
Old 05-28-2010, 04:14 PM   #16
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Four

I want a tapout very badly. I am concentrating on my takedowns and submissions. I will try to learn

Week 1: Heavy workout on speed
Week 2: Rest to recover a bit
Week 3: Sparring and working on my takedowns and submissions
Week 4: Rest
Week 5: 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu to work on learning a D'arce Choke; I had my worst workout yet and just didn't feel right, a wasted week...
Week 7: Moderate Cardio work
Week 8: Gameplan a submission focus
Week 9: Rest
Week 10: Sparring to focus on my kicks, I want to improve that leg kick

WFA 14

My Match

Kenny "The Kid" Davis (2-1) vs. Manny Dos Santos Jr. (8-5)

1st round - I stayed mostly wih the leg kicks and mixed in a few punches to keep him off guard. I took him down twice, the first time we were stood up but the second time I opened him up with a punch from half guard but got reversed when I tried a submission. I got him into rubber guard and was trying a triangle choke but was not successful. He opened up a cut on my cheek with an elbow after we stood up. Close round but I think I won it.

2nd round - I leg kicked the hell out of him to strt the round. Tried to shoot a couple times but he blocked. I caught him with a right and then a left elbow and back to the leg kicks. He started to hobble after my leg kicks and I went to another takedown and brought him down easily this time, the leg kicks seemed to take the strength out of the leg to prevent him from blockng my attempt. I was able to transiciton at will and got into a mounted position to land a few blows but the round ended. I definitely won that round.

3rd round - I continued my pattern with leg kicks to start the round. He was visibly hobbling from these kicks. Finally I shot and took him down after he missed a head kick. From there I transitioned to a mount. He tried to escape several times but I blocked it each time. Finally I got my hands free and started reigning down punches. The ref stepped in and stopped the fight as I get my first TKO victory!!!

I improve to 3-1.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #17
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight Announced

I will be fighting James King (9-3) at WFA 16. I will have 8 weeks to prepare. I think that I will try to work on my kicks a little more this time. I want to maximize the damage caused by the kicks so that I can make my takedowns that much easier.

Chop his legs right out from under him, that's my goal.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:20 PM   #18
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sponsor Update

I have now received sponsorship offers from BSN, Xyience, Fighters Only, FIGHT! Magazine, Spike TV, Lugz and MMAFIGHTING.com.

Time to rearrange my logos a bit.

THQ and Yukes have offered me a higer level sponsorship deal as well.

Last edited by EagleFan : 05-28-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:32 PM   #19
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Five

Week 1: Moderate strength training
Week 2: Rest
Week 3: Sparring, I work on kicks with a little work on takedowns and submssions.
Week 6: Sparring with same focus as last sparring
Week 7: Game plan, submission focus (I have to get one sooner or later)

WFA 16

My Match

James "Voodoo" King (9-3) vs. Kenny "The Kid" Davis (3-1)

He is 10 years older than me (I have now turned 21), has a 3 inch height advantage and a 1 inch reach advantage.

1st round - I am in a world of trouble early as I get caught with some bombs and am staggered but continue. He is relentless with the shots and I can't keep him backed off enough. He staggers me with a right and then drops me with an overhand right to the jaw as I am knocked out for the second time.

I drop to 3-2 and need to practice my defense a bit more, I can't let fighters tee off on me like that or I will be brain dead by the time I turn 25.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:34 PM   #20
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next fight announced

I need to get back on the winning side again. I am signed for another rematch, this time against Sam Boberg (5-2).

Sponsor Update

Even though I lost I have been given better sponsorship deals from MMA Elite, Yardbarker.com, MMA Connected, THQ and Yuke's.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:38 PM   #21
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

(ooc)More to come later tonight. I got too cocky going into that last fight. Thought I could just leg kick th crap out of people, soften them up and then dominate them. That opponent came right at me and wouldn't back off. Another case of learning from my mistakes I guess.(/ooc)

Game Related Comment

That is actually a good thing so far. To see a few varied styles of fighting that seem quite obvious (at least seem that way to me since I am tracking this in a dynasty).
Old 05-28-2010, 10:14 PM   #22
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Six

Need to rethink my strategy a bit and maybe try to avoid a few attacks. Going to work on my clinch and takedowns. I want to tie up anyone that tries to get inside on me and take them to the canvas.

Week 1: Intense cardio workout
Week 3: Sparring, working on that clinch and takedown
Week 4: Light strength training
Week 6: Cesar Gracie Jiu-Jitsu to learn a new submission, a Heel Hook from open guard. sadly another wasted week trying that approach, I need to work on other thigs at the camps as I try to get used to the new subissions
Week 8: Intense speed training
Week 9: Game plan for submission

WFA 18

My Match

Sam "Sambo" Boberg (5-2) vs. Kenny "The Kid" Davis (3-2)

1st round - He tried toget inside me more this time early, I managed to duck some of his punches and take him down. I mounted hkm and got in a few good shots from the top and tried to submit him with an armbar but got reversed. I kept him in guar and eventually got to butterfly guard and pushed him back. On our feet I chopped him down with a few good leg kicks and then cuahgt him with a clean right that made him step back. I believe I won that round.

2nd round - I dominated, his leg is starting t swell up from the leg kicks and he is not able to put a lot of weight on it. I use that to take him down and controlled him on the ground. I tried a kimura but it got reversed, thugh I think I was close to sinking it in. I won that round easily as I added a few very clean shots after getting back to our feet and opened him up.

3rd round - I wore him out this round. I kept up the pressure, took him down for ground and pound. Tried another kimura but he again reversed but I quickly escaped and punished his leg enogh where he wasn;t evn trying to get close as the round neared completion. I wanted to end it though so I cam in close and crushed him with a right that knocked him down just as the bell sounded, another 20 seconds and I would have a TKO but as it turns out I win a easy decision.

I improve to 4-2.

Game Related Comment

It looks like the fighters may age. In the prefight (before selecting advance to the fight) I saw that the Boberg still showed as 24 so I assumed they didn't age but when I advanced and they showed the tail of the tape it had him as 25 now.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:19 PM   #23
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight Announced

I want revenge for a loss so I choose to fight George Goodridge (8-5-1) in an undercard in WFA 20.

Other News

I am on a coover of FIGHT! Magazine as they are doing a story on up and coming fighters in the WFA.

New Sponsors

Dethrone Royalty
Hayabusa
TOE 2 TOE
VENUM
Cage Fighter
DeathClutch

Increased Sponsorship

Musclepharm
Old 05-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #24
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Seven

I am going to avoid the submission training at the camps (still work on it in sparring though) and focus on grappling in the camps.

Week 1: Intense Cardio training
Week 3: Sparrng and fosucing on clinch and grappling
Week 6: Sparring with work on defensive moves (takedown, submission)
Week 8: 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu for work on reversing from being mounted, still need more work
Week 9: Game plan subission focus

WFA 20

My Match

Kenny "The Kid" Davis (4-2) vs. George "Little Daddy" Goodridge (8-5-1)

1st round - He comes at me quick and hits me with a few but I duck a right and take him down. I transicion quickly to half guard and get my hands free and rock him with several blows as he covers up and recovers before the ref stops it. I did open him up badly in that exchange as he is cut over his left eye and blood is coming out of his nose as I may have broken it. I control him on the canvas for most of the remainder of the round. A little bad blood has formed as he stars me down as the round ends.

2nd round - I take him down early and wear him out on the ground. After we finally are stood up he looks like he won't make it through the round. With about 2 minutes left in the round after I had all but taken his legs out from under him with leg kicks I fire an overhand right that lands cleanly on his jaw and he drops like a ragdoll for the knockout. My first knockout!!!

I improve to 5-2 and maybe give my future opponents something else to think about.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:44 PM   #25
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight Announced

This will be my toughest yet as I will be taking on Paulo Duarte (13-0-1) in an undercard match at WFA 22. I want to hand him his first loss, though I know it won't be easy.

New Sparring Partner

I have been able to hire a new sparring partner. This should help me focus my training even more and hopefully improve more quickly.

Increased Sponsorship Levels

MMS Elite
Yardbarker.com
MMS CONNECTED
THQ
Yuke's
Old 05-28-2010, 11:15 PM   #26
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Eight

Week 1: Intense speed training
Week 3: Sparring with focus on my ground game
Week 5: Moderate strength training
Week 6: Light cardio training
Week 7: Sparring, general workout
Week 9: Game plan, submission
Week 10: Moderate strength training

WFA 22

My Match

Paulo "Tigre" Duarte (13-0-1) vs. Kenny "The Kid" Davis (5-2)

He is 3 years older, 5 inches taller and has a 2 inch reach advantage.

1st round - He comes out swinging for the fences, luckily I was able to just evade a spinning backfist and eventually took him down. I kept the action on the canvas most of the round, at one point I opened him up after I mounted him and landed some shots from above. Ifeel like I controlled that round but I still need to stay out of his power range as it would only take one of those shots on the chin to put me down. I worked on his legs near the end of the round after he finally escaped and we got to our feet.

2nd round - I controlled him from the start of the round, more leg kicks and two takedowns. The final one coming late and I was able to mount him and start firing shots but the round ended before I could finish him.

3rd round - I dominted and then tried an ill advised kimura which ended up with a eversal on the ground with me worn out, he started laning shots and the ref stopped the bout with 9 freaking second left in the fight. There is no way I lose if it goes to the judges. I am quite upset with myself for not sticking with my plan of controlling the fight and smothering him.

I fall to 5-3 in what should have been my springboard into something better.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:18 PM   #27
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight Announced

I will try to avenge my second loss as I will fight James King (10-4) on an undercard in WFA 24. I have to do a better job of paying attention or I will fail again.

Sponsor Level Increased

MMA Elite
Musclepharm
Yardbarker.com
MMA CONNECTED
Old 05-28-2010, 11:20 PM   #28
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

(ooc)Time for some Red Dead Redemption, may try another fight or two later. It's the weekend, time for a late night... (/ooc)
Old 05-29-2010, 02:24 AM   #29
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Nine

Week 1: Moderate speed training
Week 3: Sparring, general
Week 4: Light cardio
Week 6: 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu to work on pulling guard from the clinch, need more practice though
Week 8: Sparring, worked on the takedown and kicks
Week 9: Light speed workout
Week 10: Gameplan for submission

WFA 24

My Match

James "Voodoo" King (10-4) vs. Kenny "The Kid" Davis (5-3)

1st round - Started out landing a lot of leg kicks and then a few rights. He tried to land a right and I ducked and took him down with a single leg takedown. I dominated him on the ground and opened him up with shots from half guard. I go a little impatient and he reversed it but I was quick to escap and get back to my feet. We went into the clinch and I leaned on him and tired him down, though we both got tired out from the clinch and we each landed a few shots. Near the end of teh round I took him down again. I won that round, now I need to fight smart te rest of the way.

2nd round - He got too tight to me early and we exchanged a few blows, I got cut over my left eye in the exchange. I finally got him to the ground and kept him there for about a minute. We're both ooking pretty bad as I am cut and he is cut under both eyes now. This was a close round.

3rd round - I need to finish strong and avoid a bomb. We start out with a few kicks exchanged then I shoot and take him down. I rock him with ground and pound and try to submit him but lose my grip and he escapes. As we get to our feet I hit him with another leg kick that hobbles him then as he drops his guard I hit him with a left elbow and back up for an overhand right that lands on the temple and drops him. I win via KO.

I improve to 6-3!

Not the way I wanted to win but I will take a win.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:27 AM   #30
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next fight announced

I decide to try for another avenged loss as I am offered a chance to be in the co-main event in WFA 26 against Paulo Duarte (14-0-1).

New Sponsors

Ecko Unlimited
unishment
Bad Boy
Warrior International
Throwdown Industries
Tokyo Fire
Old 05-29-2010, 02:49 AM   #31
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Ten

Week 3: Sparring, takedown and submission
Week 4: Light cardio training
Week 6: 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu for work on pull to open guard, almost got it now
Week 8: Sparring, worked on clinch grapple, takedowns and ground strikes
Week 9: Moderate strength training
Week 10: Gameplan, submission focus

WFA 26

My Match

Paulo "Tigre" Duarte (14-0-1) vs. Kenny "The Kid" Davis (6-3)

1st round - He lands a bomb on me early in the fight with a spinning back fist that believe broke my nose. I am able to land a few shots and eventually take him down. I open him up while on the ground with a good ground and pound. He escapes and we go back to our feet where he lands a few brutal shots before I can get him back to the ground where we end the round. Tough round to call and I am hurting and tired already, I need to avoid his bombs and hopefully take him down and lean on him for a while.

2nd round - We both exchange blows early in the round and I am able to avoid anything big. Soon I get trapped against the cage and he steps back with a head kick, at least that is what my trainer told me when I woke up.

I drop to 6-4 with the loss, I will be feeling this one for a while.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:53 AM   #32
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight

I will be fighting Manny Dos Santos Jr. again. I have 11 weeks to prepare. I don't know if I really have what it takes, but just have to keep trying.

Sponsors' Level Increase

MMA Elite
Yardbarker.com
MMA CONNECTED
Old 05-29-2010, 03:13 AM   #33
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Eleven

Week 1: Light speed training
Week 2: Light cardio training
Week 3: Rest
Week 4: Sparring with wok on ground grappling, offense and defense
Week 5: Light strength training
Week 7: 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu to work on pulling to guard, I nailed it this time.
Week 9: Sparring to work on grappling offense and defense
Week 10: Gameplan for submissions

WFA 28

My Match

Manny Dos Santos Jr. (9-8) vs. Kenny "The Kid" Davis (6-4)

1st round - Started off dominating, took him down, opened him up with a ground and pound and wore him down. Got careless near the end of the round and he knocked me down with a head kick but I recovered.

2nd round - He cam out firing in this round and we went back and forth. I got him down once but wasted a lot of energy in the process. Near the end of the round I started chopping him down with my leg kicks. Hopefully that pays off in the final round.

3rd round - I dominate the final round with leg kicks and then take him down and find openings to fire shots and open him up worse. I am unable to submit him but I control the round.

I win an easy decision to improve to 7-4!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 03:18 AM   #34
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight

I will be on the main card in WFA 30 against Daisuke Hironaka (12-5). Hopefully I can buld off this last fight.

New Trainer

I get a new trainer which should help me improve my cardio and hopefully speed as well. I need to improve if I want to make any impact at all.

New Sponsors

TapouT
Silver Star
Affliction
Hitman Fight Gear
Sinister Brand
SPRAWL

Increased Sponser Level

Musclepharm
Spike TV
Old 05-29-2010, 03:21 AM   #35
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Current UFC Champions

Lightweight - BJ Penn (15-5)
Welterweight - Thiao Alves (19-7)
Middleweight - Anderson Silva (29-4)
Light Heavyweight - Thiago Silva (19-3)
Heavyweight - Cheick Kongo (28-8)
Old 05-29-2010, 03:21 AM   #36
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

(ooc)one more fight before getting some sleep...(/ooc)
Old 05-29-2010, 03:57 AM   #37
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Twelve

Week 1: Moderate Cardio training
Week 3: Sprring, general grappling
Week 4: Light strength traiing
Week 6: Sparring, working on kicks and grappling
Week 7: Light cardio training
Week 9: 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu for work on transition to butterfly guard, I almost got it in the first training
Week 10: Gameplan for submission

WFA 30

My Match

Daisuke Hironaka (12-5) vs. Kenny "The Kid" Davis (7-4)

1st round - I was able to avoid hispunhes and dominated him with kicks and a few well timed punches. I went into the clinch and wore him down with knees inside. Then I took him down and kept the pressure on him. I won theround easily but I don;t want to get too over confident and leave myself open next round.

2nd round - More of the same and I took the wind right out of him with knees and then took him down and got to full mount. Landed a few shots but he held tight until the ref stood us up. I opened him up and he ooks exhausted. I don't get stupid ths one is mine.

3rd round - I am able to take him down three times in the round and try to get the submission but just can't. I win by unanimous decision.

I improve to 8-4.

(ooc)What on earth am I doing wrong? I had that guy worn down and beaten up but couldn't submit him.(/ooc)
Old 05-29-2010, 03:59 AM   #38
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight

There is mention of UFC interest but I get another WFA fight. I will fight a very tough opponent in Jesse James (10-1) in WFA 32 as a main card fight.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:01 AM   #39
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

(ooc)VERY late, time to get some sleep. Not sure how many fights I will get in tomorrow, unless they are early. Flyers game tomorrow night and some friends coming over for Wings, drinks, Flyers and some 360 afterwards (maybe a tournament will be in order, if so I will let you know how they are).(/ooc)
Old 05-29-2010, 10:44 AM   #40
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
(ooc)VERY late, time to get some sleep. Not sure how many fights I will get in tomorrow, unless they are early. Flyers game tomorrow night and some friends coming over for Wings, drinks, Flyers and some 360 afterwards (maybe a tournament will be in order, if so I will let you know how they are).(/ooc)

Awesome! I am following
Old 05-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #41
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Game Related Comment

I think that I may have an idea what I have been doing wrong. Two things, wasn;t sure if it was buttons or stick rotate to keep the submission (last year I believe button mashing also helped hold it). I have a habit of pressing n the stick when I am rotating it as well, that looks like it's a boost to try to sink in the submission will also lead to tiring you out and most likely a broken hold if not done right. I need to be moer careful to not press on the stick (I sometimes accidentally start a submission move when I am just trying to transition on the ground but I accidentally press the stick too so it's a habit I need to change).
Old 05-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #42
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Thirteen

Week 3: Sparring, working submisions and ground work (see game comment after this fight)
Week 6: Sparring, submission and grapple offense work
Week 7: Light cardio training
Week 9: 10th planet Jiu-Jitsu for work on butterfly guard transition, I need to get my head out of my butt as I should have picked it up this time but lost focus
Week 10: Gameplan submission focus

WFA 32

My Match

Jessie "The Texas Terror" James (10-1) vs. Kenny "The Kid" Davis (8-4)

He is 9 years older, 4 inches taller and has a 1 inch reach advantage.

1st round - I ducked his early strikes and started to land kicks to the gut and leg kicks. I kept him at bay and wore him down with that approach. I was able to take him down twice and opened him up above his right eye with a little ground and pound. When he covered up I pounded his body to take the wind out from his lungs. I won that round easily.

2nd round - More domination as I used the body kick and sprinkled in some leg kicks again. He is backing up frmo my kicks and I took him down and almost had a kimura sunk in when the bell rang to end the round.

3rd round - I kept to the game plan and didn't allow any of his desperation attemptbombs to connect. He was tiringand I took him down near the end of the round and was able to sink in a kimura and get him to tap! My first submission!!!

I improve to 9-4!!!

Game Related Comments

I attribute this to my just jumping in and playing without reading or paying attention to the tips that come up in the loading screens. The skill system is much like a who wants to be a millionaire ladder. Your skills will decline if you don't work on them but there are safe steps (30,50,70) where once you reach that level they won't fall below it.

That will help a lot. I spent too much time trying to level up several things and not being able to keep up with the decline. I am now going to try o focus on getting one (or two) at a time up to those levels and then build another.

This does not seem to be the case with the three training areas of strength, cardio and speed however.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:39 PM   #43
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight

Still no call to the UFC and I am back to an undercard for some reason. I will fight Cory Williams (10-2) in WFA 34.

Changes

I have added a new, and better, sparring partner. Was going to pick a trainer but decided to go one more level up in sparring to see if that helps.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:58 PM   #44
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Fourteen

Week 3: Sparring, worked on clinch grapple offense and defense
Week 6: Sparring work on clinch grapple defense
Week 7: 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu to work on butterfly guard, nailed it this time
Week 9: Moderate cardio traning
Week 10: Gameplan submission

WFA 34

My Match

Corey "Chainsaw" Williams (10-2) vs. Kenny "The Kid" Davis (9-4)

He is 9 years older, 5 inches taller and has a 2 inch reah advantage.

1st round - I surprised him by coming out of the gate with a couple rights and a left elbow or two but then I went to work on the body and legs with kicks to wear him out. I took him to the canvas and spent the last minute and a half transitioning and landing shots to the head and ribs. My round easily.

2nd round - I ate him up with kicks to the body and then shot for the takedown, quickly transitioning and dominating him and then going for the kimura and sinking it in as he taps. 2nd straight submission!!!

I improve to 10-4!!!!

I also get the Submission of the Night honors!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 12:59 PM   #45
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight

No UFC call yet but I am going to be in the main event in WFA 36. I will be facing Carmelo Melendez (11-3).
Old 05-29-2010, 01:01 PM   #46
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

(ooc)Amazing what a change it makes to actually know what is going on. Time to go load up on supplies for the game night. I should have time after I get back and straighten up a bit before the poker guys get here for the Flyers game to maybe try another fight or two. I am fighting the urge to do the next fight now as I am wondering if this will finally mean making it to the UFC afterwards.(/ooc)
Old 05-29-2010, 02:58 PM   #47
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Fifteen

Week 1: Sparring with focus on kick defense and grappling defense
Week 3: 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu to work on sinking a heel hook from standing, over downed opponent; had a little success but will need a little more training on it
Week 6: Sparring, working on kick defense
Week 8: Moderate cardio training
Week 9: Rest
Week 10: Light cardio training
Week 11: Gameplan submissions

WFA 36

My Match

Carmelo "El Toro" Melendez (11-3) vs. Kenny "The Kid" Davis (10-4)

He is 7 years older, has a 5 inch height advantage and has a 3 inch reach advantage.

1st round - I start the fight out with a couple body kicks to soften him up. Then as he begins to cover up the body I land an overhand right and a lg kick snaps against his front leg. I follow it up with another boy kick and a leg kick. He throws wildly and misses and I tie him up and push him against the cage. While pinning him up against the cage I land multiple knees and he begins to tire. More knees and a few elbows and he is opened up. I try for a taedown but he blocks but he is visibly tired. I lethim off te cage and he waits, trying to gain some energy back so I close and hit him with another leg kick which makes him stumble. He tries a right and I duck it and take him down. I move to half guard and he leaves his arm open for me as I sink in a kimura and crank it hard. He taps for the 1st round submission!

I improve to 11-4 in what I feel has been my best fight yet as I worked him over with precision and kept my focus.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:03 PM   #48
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight

Still no call to the UFC and I get a main card offer, though not main event, as I will be fighting the unbeaten Paulo Duarte (15-0-1) as I look to avenge an earlier loss. This will be a good measuring stick to see how far I have come.

Other News

I haved been placed on the cover of Fighters Only Magazine as I am beig tagged as a rising star that should be making my name in the UFC soon. Hopefully Dana reads that, maybe I should send him a copy.

Sponsor Level Increase

Musclepharm
Fighters Only
Lugz
Old 05-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #49
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Sixteen

Week 2: I was going to rest anyway but I am being shut down for a week due to injury
Week 3: Sparring, working on standing kick defense and takedown offense
Week 6: Sparring, worked on takedown offense and clinch strike offense
Week 8: 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu to work on the heel hook from standing over downed opponent; I got a little closer, but not quite
Week 9: Gameplan for submissions
Week 11: Rest, I messed up my schdedule this time around and thought it wouldn't be wise to do anything risky the final two weeks, I hope it doesn;t cost me

WFA 38

My Match

Kenny "The Kid" Davis (11-4) vs. Paulo "Tigre" Duarte (15-0-1)

1st round - I star with a body kick and he comes forward quickly. He lands a couple but I back him off with an overhand right and then go back to the body. I am able to tie him up and we exchange blows in the clinch but I get him up against the cage and start giving him knees to the body. I control the final minute of the round with him against the cage and looking a little tired by the end of the round. I must have won that round.

2nd round - I land multiple body kicks and he is exhausted, I take him down and control him for most of teh round but am unable to sink in a kimura as he escaes both attempts. At the end of the round we are back on our feet and I rock him and knock him down just as time expires in the round. Easily had to be my round, now I need to fight smart for a win.

3rd round - More domination as I control him the entire round. I cannot sink in a kimura or an arm triangle but I control him. Near the end of the fight I rock him and he goes down, I get over him to start firing away but the bell sounds as the fight is over.

I win a unanimous decision with all three scorecards 30-25. The fight got fight of the night honors.

The victory improves my record to 12-4 and I hand Duarte his first professional loss.

Last edited by EagleFan : 05-29-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:36 PM   #50
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

It's Time!

Dana showed up at training and has offered me a chance to fight in the UFC!!! It's been a long road there but this is just my first step towards what I want, the title!!!

I am given a major chance with my first fight. I will be in UFN 57 against Tyson Griffin (17-9) in the main event of that Fight Night. I hope I made the right choice and don't get embarrassed.