Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #301
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
So the word 'conversion' is being used BOTH as a term for the group (Change a building into something else) AND for the spawn? (Change someone into a spawn)

Can we please choose a different word for one or the other?

I haven't seen too many people use conversion as a term for Spawning actually.

But if we want to be clear, I say we continue to use conversion/converted for the ship process and some variation of "spawned/spawning/spawnified" for being "converted".

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #302
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

How about 'convertion; stays for the term for buildings

and

'mutation' is the term used for human-> spawn
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #303
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I haven't seen too many people use conversion as a term for Spawning actually.

But if we want to be clear, I say we continue to use conversion/converted for the ship process and some variation of "spawned/spawning/spawnified" for being "converted".

or SP0wned!
Old 06-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #304
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

and the whole fourth page is full of both :P
Old 06-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #305
Autumn
Head Coach

Yes, I'm not clear on how best to use the security personnel. They'll have to take turns protecting at night to keep from getting exhausted. And the sergeant will need to hand out the guns. But if one of them can convert, we can put them to work.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #306
Zinto
College Starter

Alright I have sent in the order with my team formation
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #307
saldana
Pro Starter

I am a little apprehensive about sending the captain off the ship...spawn games are about clearing people and keeping them cleared...we should limit his exposure and not take the random chance...make the spawnlings work for it if they want to turn him... I will save my scan til after we decide if he is going off ship.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #308
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Barkeep, am I reading this right?

IT seems to me that the first 3 warehouses are the only things that are not usable until we convert them into something else, correct? Every thing else works right now?

Also, what are our options for these warehouses? Crystal and water storage? Or can we turn them into any building we want? Like a backup anything?
Old 06-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #309
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
I am a little apprehensive about sending the captain off the ship...spawn games are about clearing people and keeping them cleared...we should limit his exposure and not take the random chance...make the spawnlings work for it if they want to turn him... I will save my scan til after we decide if he is going off ship.

He's not going away.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #310
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Recommendation to Security Chief Packer fanatic, regarding security schedules.

There are four security personnell besides the Security Chief, although the Sergeant at Arms and Slavemaster have specified roles. I would recommend organizing us into two two-man teams. Each night we will be one team on guard and one team sleeping. You determine which team goes first and what we protect.

Every four cycles (one night for each team), we can changeup the schedules some, if needed, so that the Spawn can't easily take advantage of our patterns.

And chief PF, you yourself would determine your actions randomly, sometimes being on watch with one team or with the other, or a third option altogether.

What do you think?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #311
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Do I need to submit anything or am I automatically inserted for conversion detail?
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #312
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

another question: Can crystal and water both be storaed in any warehouse that's accessible? Or do they need to be converted to hold either specifically?(Crystal storage, water storage, etc)

Old 06-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #313
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Barkeep, am I reading this right?

IT seems to me that the first 3 warehouses are the only things that are not usable until we convert them into something else, correct? Every thing else works right now?

Also, what are our options for these warehouses? Crystal and water storage? Or can we turn them into any building we want? Like a backup anything?
Correct everything else you convert besides Warehouses 1-3 are otherwise useful.

Warehouses can store Crystlium and water that is all.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #314
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
another question: Can crystal and water both be storaed in any warehouse that's accessible? Or do they need to be converted to hold either specifically?(Crystal storage, water storage, etc)

They'll both hold Crystlium and water interchangeably. Nothing special needs to happen there.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #315
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Recommendation to Security Chief Packer fanatic, regarding security schedules.

There are four security personnell besides the Security Chief, although the Sergeant at Arms and Slavemaster have specified roles. I would recommend organizing us into two two-man teams. Each night we will be one team on guard and one team sleeping. You determine which team goes first and what we protect.

Every four cycles (one night for each team), we can changeup the schedules some, if needed, so that the Spawn can't easily take advantage of our patterns.

And chief PF, you yourself would determine your actions randomly, sometimes being on watch with one team or with the other, or a third option altogether.

What do you think?

That's probably a good idea - thank you CR. Although even if I set it up a particular way, there is no way of us knowing that our fellow security folk are doing it that way...just saying
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #316
Barkeep49
Coordinator

"Time to gear up," Zinto tells Schmidty. He also goes down to the Slave Pen and gets 3 slaves. Off they go in search of water.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #317
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Okay Chief hoops,

Since the only thing we have that needs converting is the first 3 warehouses, why don't we power through them today so they will be ready. I'm guessing other days we will probably have to worry about other things breaking down. So if we get the jump on the warehouses today and completely convert 1-2 of them today, then we'll have them all ready and won't have to play catchup later when things start breaking.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #318
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I guess I'm assuming though that it is the case that if we throw enough guys at a job, we reduce the time it takes to do it? Is that how it works?
Old 06-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #319
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm going to put in my order to participate on a conversion team with Darth Vilus, unless there are strong thoughts opposing this action. This is per Autumn's suggested orders post in #287.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #320
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Okay Chief hoops,

Since the only thing we have that needs converting is the first 3 warehouses, why don't we power through them today so they will be ready. I'm guessing other days we will probably have to worry about other things breaking down. So if we get the jump on the warehouses today and completely convert 1-2 of them today, then we'll have them all ready and won't have to play catchup later when things start breaking.

Works for me.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #321
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Okay Chief hoops,

Exactly my thoughts - we can have additional discussion on what should be converted next, but lets get these out of the way now since it sounds like they are non-negotiable.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #322
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Works for me.

lol I wasn't talking to you

Chief hoops...as in my superior. I guess I should just stop using that term
Old 06-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #323
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm going to put in my order to participate on a conversion team with Darth Vilus, unless there are strong thoughts opposing this action. This is per Autumn's suggested orders post in #287.

Let's figure out something though. Each warehouse is 7 cycles of work. Is there a way we can split up the teams to make sure both get done?
Old 06-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #324
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So the word 'conversion' is being used BOTH as a term for the group (Change a building into something else) AND for the spawn? (Change someone into a spawn)

Can we please choose a different word for one or the other?

How about the spawn "seduce" us and we convert buildings?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #325
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
lol I wasn't talking to you

Chief hoops...as in my superior. I guess I should just stop using that term

Who was just complaining about confusing terminology?
Old 06-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #326
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

So is it possible to completely knock out a warehouse in a day? How many of us are required for that to happen?
Old 06-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #327
Autumn
Head Coach

The Chief Engineer and an Engineer will produce 6 cycles of work.

An Engineer, Slave Mastera nd 10 slaves will produce 5 cycles of work

An Engineer and a crew of four will produce 4 cycles of work.

So we may actually want to split this up differently.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #328
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Let's figure out something though. Each warehouse is 7 cycles of work. Is there a way we can split up the teams to make sure both get done?

So what is a cycle?
Old 06-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #329
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
So what is a cycle?

It's like a man hour.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #330
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm not sure we can knock out two 7 cycle jobs. If we split up the chief engineer and engineer they only do two each. Or I guess we could have the Chief E. do 2 cycles of work, the other Engineer lead a team of slaves for 3 cycles of work. That should do it.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #331
Autumn
Head Coach

So Hoops converts a Warehouse. (2)

CrimsonFox and a team of 6 slaves converts a Warehouse (3)

Darth Vilus, Chubby and a team of 10 slaves converts a Warehouse (5)

Simbo Klice and a team of four players converts a Warehouse (4)

Simbo and Crimson work on one, Darth and HOops work on the other and we just barely make it.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #332
Autumn
Head Coach

Of course this leaves us open to sabotage, but if one of them fakes their work it gives us a good lead at least.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #333
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The team comes back from their water mission. "Considering we didn't have any planning," Zinto explains as the water goes through the filter, "We did well, maybe even pretty well, for ourselves. Definitely could have been better though."

After a few moments of anticipation you learn the team got 23 units of water.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #334
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So what is a cycle?

A cycle is the generic term for a shift (day or night). Each Day has a day cycle and a nigth cycle. So two cycles per Day.

A man-cycle is like Autumn's man-hour. A man-cycle is the work a man does in a cycle. So if converting a warehouse takes 7 man-cycles, then in order for us to convert the warehouse in one day, we would need seven men for that one day. Or if we were doing it at our leisure, it could be done by one man in seven days (presuming sleeping at night).

Old 06-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #335
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow, 23 units seems good. With a well planned mission tomorrow we should be pretty stocked!
Old 06-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #336
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Well done team - now let's just hope none of you are now spawn
Old 06-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #337
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
The team comes back from their water mission. "Considering we didn't have any planning," Zinto explains as the water goes through the filter, "We did well, maybe even pretty well, for ourselves. Definitely could have been better though."

Wow, that was extremely successful. That gives us a whole day's reserve and then some, even.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #338
Barkeep49
Coordinator

"Let me help you out some with your studies," britrock says sliding up to Abe.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #339
britrock88
Pro Starter

Put my order in to train Abe today, FYI.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #340
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
"Let me help you out some with your studies," britrock says sliding up to Abe.

lol, so creepy
Old 06-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #341
britrock88
Pro Starter

Yep, there ya go. Abe, if the chemistry's good enough, maybe we can continue training later this evening?... ;-)
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #342
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Day 1 Recap (so far) - posts 165 - 337
-Lots of discussion on "teams", who will do what during the day and tonight in terms of missions and building work

-Mostly everyone checking in and offering their services.

*KEY POSTS*

Abe Sargent is pleased by the opportunity afford him and eagerly begins to read technical manuals so he will understanding how to work the trainer's equipment. - #216

"Time to gear up," Zinto tells Schmidty. He also goes down to the Slave Pen and gets 3 slaves. Off they go in search of water. - #316

After a few moments of anticipation you learn the team got 23 units of water. - #333

A quick recap of the limited action so far
Old 06-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #343
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Basic Game Concepts

The Ship
In this game the Survivors must construct the ship they will use to escape the planet. This will happen by converting Planet Facilities into Ship Modules. The following must be present for the ship to take off:

Power Facilities (at least 4 of the 5)
Water Processing
Cargo Holds 1-3
CrewQuarters
Officers’ Offices

It is optional as to whether the other Planet Facilities are converted. Once a facility is converted into a Ship Module, it provides no benefit, except where noted, until after Lift-Off.

Locations
In this game locations act slightly differently depending on whether they are on the planet and or are part of the ship. Work must be done to convert planet facilities into Ship Modules.

Locations

Warehouses 1-5 Warehouses 1-3 are full of already harvested Crystlium and have been sealed and may not be accessed by the Survivors. Their conversion is required for lift-off. Warehouses 4 & 5 can can hold either Crystlium or Water. They both begin the game empty but can each hold up to 40 units of either water or Crystlium (or any combination of the two). Their conversion is optional for lift-off.

Slave Pens 1-5 Their conversion is optional for lift-off.
Power Facilities 1-5 Conversion of at least 4 of the facilities are required for lift-off. The ship may not lift-off (see Lift-Off below) unless the Power Facilities are undamaged. Once the ship has lifted-off the Power Facilities may not be damaged.
Water Plant Their conversion is required for lift-off.
Security Headquarters Conversion is optional, but the Brig and the Armory will not function on the ship without it.
Armory Conversion is optional, but the Security HQ must be converted for the Armory to function.
Brig No work may be done to convert the brig while there is anyone inside of it.
Crew Quarters Their conversion is required for lift-off.
Medical Facilities Their conversion is optional for lift-off.
Scientists’ Lab Their conversion is optional for lift-off.
Officers’ Offices Work may still be done after their conversion but before lift-off. Their conversion is required for lift-off.

Lift-off
In order to lift-off, the Power Facilities must not be damaged, the Cargo Hold must have the required amount of Crystlium, and all required buildings must be converted. The Captain orders the lift-off by posting the order in the thread. Once all conditions are met lift-off takes place immediately.

Oh now I know where britrock was getting his conversion info. A bit confused about conversion now. THought it was about convertin buildings into other things to use, but we have to convert all that stuff into a shipversion of it and after we convert it we can't use it on the planet for stuff? I guess some of it will still work other will not.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #344
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The Chief Engineer and an Engineer will produce 6 cycles of work.

An Engineer, Slave Mastera nd 10 slaves will produce 5 cycles of work

An Engineer and a crew of four will produce 4 cycles of work.

So we may actually want to split this up differently.

I think (until BK tells me I'm wrong ) that warehouse 1-5 is one 'location', so they can split up the work however they want among the warehouses, but can't also work on the living units for example.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #345
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

For which warehouse? we have to submit our orders separately right?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #346
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

When the classroom is a rockin'....
Old 06-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #347
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Yep, there ya go. Abe, if the chemistry's good enough, maybe we can continue training later this evening?... ;-)

I don't want to know what night actions you have available.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #348
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I think (until BK tells me I'm wrong ) that warehouse 1-5 is one 'location', so they can split up the work however they want among the warehouses, but can't also work on the living units for example.

Oh really? That would be easier, let me double check that.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #349
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Nice, that seems like a good start.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #350
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Who was just complaining about confusing terminology?

It would be better if Chief RUm changed his name for this game.