Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #701
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

ok, im withdrwaling, I have too much going on, and I cant say i realy care anymore. im sorry

Im sure ill be back, but i shouldnt be, this just isnt fun anymore.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #702
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
DOLA: BTW another faulty reasoning, which is true now but not when CR posted his analysis, is that the odds of discovering Pass's auroa for today are 0. Tomorrow we get a 20% chance again. But at this point, by Day 5, we'll only have a 73% chance of finding ONE person's aura.

That's not true. It's a 20% chance for each player every night. So we'll find out each player's identity an average of 2.5 days after their jailed.

It's possible (not likely, but possible) that by Day 5 we find out the identity of every player in jail.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #703
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

As the Woebegone Prison guards make their last rounds before night fall they discover the cell door to Passacaglia’s cell is wide open. After a search of the grounds Pass is nowhere to be found. Evidence collected suggests Pass is in fact alive and not dead. The evidence also suggests Pass’s escape was an inside job.

Abe has replaced Clap. All votes for Clap have been transferred to Abe. Pass in no longer in jail.

1. Barkeep49
2. lerriuqs
3. USFLTechmo
4. Abe
5. MartinD
6. hoopsguy - Vanilla Villager, Killed Night 1
7. Passacaglia
8. Telle
9. The Jackal
10. Danny
11. Autumn
12. Lathum
13. SnDvls
14. RendeR
15. Chief Rum
16. saldana
17. DaddyTorgo
18. Tyrith
19. path12
20. KWhit
21. Schmidty - Elected King Day 1

Last edited by dubb93 : 06-09-2009 at 09:28 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:28 PM   #704
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
That's not true. It's a 20% chance for each player every night. So we'll find out each player's identity an average of 2.5 days after their jailed.

It's possible (not likely, but possible) that by Day 5 we find out the identity of every player in jail.

Ugh... Grammar police have at me... "Their" should be "they're" above.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #705
Schmidty
Coordinator

What the hell?
Old 06-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #706
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
As the Woebegone Prison guards make their last rounds before night fall they discover the cell door to Passacaglia’s cell is wide open. After a search of the grounds Pass is nowhere to be found. Evidence collected suggests Pass is in fact alive and not dead. The evidence also suggests Pass’s escape was an inside job.

Say what?
Old 06-09-2009, 09:30 PM   #707
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok assuming 4 starting wolves as of tomorrow we have a 10% chance of finding one or two wolves. Assuming 5 starting wolves as of tomorrow we have a 13% chance of finding one or two wolves.

Assuming 4 starting wolves we have a 20% chance of lynching one tonight randomly. Assuming 5 starting wolves we have a 25% chance of lynching one tonight randomly.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:30 PM   #708
KWhit
Coordinator

If the jailed people can be broken free at any time without the benefit of a bodyguard keeping watch, I will rethink my entire strategy.

Ugh...
Old 06-09-2009, 09:31 PM   #709
Danny
Head Coach

Um, so Pass was freed from jail somehow and judging by Schmidty's reaction, it doesn't appear it was him (at least admitting to it).

And then we now have Abe in the game instead of Clap
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #710
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

No it is right. The odds of having found Pass last night are 0, not 20%. Therefore tonight the odds of finding one person's aurora is 36%, not 49% as CR originally posted.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #711
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Ok assuming 4 starting wolves as of tomorrow we have a 10% chance of finding one or two wolves. Assuming 5 starting wolves as of tomorrow we have a 13% chance of finding one or two wolves.

Assuming 4 starting wolves we have a 20% chance of lynching one tonight randomly. Assuming 5 starting wolves we have a 25% chance of lynching one tonight randomly.

I'd feel pretty good about their only being 4 starting and 1 convert. Based on the recent discussions we had about ideal wolf:villager ratio, I think it is unlikely Dubb gave the wolves 5 starting and 1 convert.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #712
Barkeep49
Coordinator

And latest events are only reaffirming what I'm saying.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #713
Tyrith
College Starter

UNVOTE JAIL ABE
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #714
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
No it is right. The odds of having found Pass last night are 0, not 20%. Therefore tonight the odds of finding one person's aurora is 36%, not 49% as CR originally posted.

Why was it 0% last night?
Old 06-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #715
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I'd feel pretty good about their only being 4 starting and 1 convert. Based on the recent discussions we had about ideal wolf:villager ratio, I think it is unlikely Dubb gave the wolves 5 starting and 1 convert.
I agree. I feel good about 4+1.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #716
Tyrith
College Starter

In light of new events - I think this was clap being clap and not clap being a wolf.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #717
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Because the scan has happened and it failed. When the dice were rolled it was 20%. It is now 0 as we know that it didn't hit the random chance.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:34 PM   #718
Tyrith
College Starter

Get back in your pen.

VOTE JAIL PASSACAGLIA
Old 06-09-2009, 09:34 PM   #719
Danny
Head Coach

I feel like we are barking up the wrong tree completely today, I wouldn't be opposed to lynching someone and then even being an all new candidate.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:34 PM   #720
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
It's important to remember this about statistics, is that past results don't affect the odds of the next roll. So if I flip a coin and it comes up heads, the next time it's still 50/50 that it will come up heads, even though only 1/4 of the time that will happen. But after I flip the coin the first time my odds of heads the next time are NOT effected by the previous flip.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:35 PM   #721
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Because the scan has happened and it failed. When the dice were rolled it was 20%. It is now 0 as we know that it didn't hit the random chance.

Ah, that yeah
Old 06-09-2009, 09:35 PM   #722
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Day 2 Vote Count:

Abe/Clap Jail - 6 - USFL (528), Telle (618), DT (624), CR (626), Autumn (635), KWhit (666)
BK Jail - 4 - Lathum (497), MartinD (527), Sndvls (532), lerriuqs (547)
Abe/Clap Lynch - 3 - Saldana (503), The Jackal (560), BK (698)
USFL Lynch - 2 - Path (557), Schmidty (558)
KWhit Lynch - 1 - Clap (656)
Pass Jail - 1 - Tyrith (718)

Yet to Vote: Danny, Render, Pass

Last edited by dubb93 : 06-09-2009 at 09:40 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #723
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Given that we have seen the major flaw in the math that I didn't see earlier, I hereby pull off of the "MUST JAIL" theory. I'm not changing my vote at this point, but I have to wonder why we wouldn't benefit if we just took this as a normal game of werewolf, and not let The Dark One screw with us, or a bad king choice screw with us either.
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #724
Tyrith
College Starter

Um, anyone want to talk about Pass? I'm remembering Tombstone right about now...
Old 06-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #725
Danny
Head Coach

The person I feel the best about voting right now is Sndvls, or Telle.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #726
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
The person I feel the best about voting right now is Sndvls, or Telle.

Why Telle?
Old 06-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #727
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I am frustrated by how many people we have here and there's no real movement or discussion about lynching/jailing based on the points I'm bringing up. I feel pretty strongly that lynching is the way to go and would love to see some movement.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #728
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
DOLA: BTW another faulty reasoning, which is true now but not when CR posted his analysis, is that the odds of discovering Pass's auroa for today are 0. Tomorrow we get a 20% chance again. But at this point, by Day 5, we'll only have a 73% chance of finding ONE person's aura.

I suck at statistics, but if we have 3 players in there and they each have a 20% chance of being identified, we will have a better than average chance that at least one of them will be revealed to us. And we win either way, because he's either revealed as a villager and can be released (starting a COT), or as a wolf and can be lynched.

Your statement implies that by day 5 we're likely to only have one player identified. I don't think that's right.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #729
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

At this point, it's a little late for a cascade of change, no?

On the other hand, I wonder if there's something to that "inside job" thing. Does that mean Pass is a wolf? Or Schmidty? Or am I reading too much into it?
Old 06-09-2009, 09:40 PM   #730
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I am frustrated by how many people we have here and there's no real movement or discussion about lynching/jailing based on the points I'm bringing up. I feel pretty strongly that lynching is the way to go and would love to see some movement.

And I feel strongly that you're wrong.

We have the ability to confirm our votes before a player is removed from the game. That is a huge benefit to the villagers.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:40 PM   #731
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Why Telle?

It's a small thing, but yesterday when I voted Barkeep I thought Pass was the leading vote getter. When I made the vote, Telle pointed out that Barkeep was in the lead. I asked her to post the vote count since she seemed to know. She posted it very quickly. She obviously had the vote count done and handy, but chose not to post it until I pointed it out. And it had been a long while since there was any vote count.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:40 PM   #732
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

We have the ability to confirm our votes before a player is removed from the game. That is a huge benefit to the villagers.

We have the ability to potentially confirm our votes over a long period of time, in an unpredictable way. I think a mix strategy is called for, personally.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #733
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Of course, I have no idea of the mechanic that allowed Pass to escape, so my strategy may be completely off base.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #734
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFLTecmo View Post

On the other hand, I wonder if there's something to that "inside job" thing. Does that mean Pass is a wolf? Or Schmidty? Or am I reading too much into it?
We have a lot of players here right now. It's only too late if you decide it is.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #735
Tyrith
College Starter

Does anyone really think Abe/clap is bad at this point?
Old 06-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #736
Danny
Head Coach

I'm going to go with that even though it's not something definitive.

Vote jail Telle. I am not necessarily opposed to a lynching either and will switch if others want.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #737
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so why would Pass bust out?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #738
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

I think we should let that play out and not make rushed assumptions in the next 15 minutes.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #739
KWhit
Coordinator

My "Must Jail" strategy assumed that the wolves would have to break out the jailed person in their night action which would give the BG a chance to guard the prison. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Color me seriously confused.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #740
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Okay BK. I'm around. Convince me to change my vote.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #741
Tyrith
College Starter

Well, no one is saying anything and we're just sitting on the fact that the person about to go to jail is mostly going to jail because the player they succeeded seemed to be on some kind of tilt today.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #742
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
It's a small thing, but yesterday when I voted Barkeep I thought Pass was the leading vote getter. When I made the vote, Telle pointed out that Barkeep was in the lead. I asked her to post the vote count since she seemed to know. She posted it very quickly. She obviously had the vote count done and handy, but chose not to post it until I pointed it out. And it had been a long while since there was any vote count.

Umm.. no. I keep it up to date in Excel in a slightly different format. I tend to post it whenever somebody asks for it.. takes a couple of minutes to do.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #743
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
My "Must Jail" strategy assumed that the wolves would have to break out the jailed person in their night action which would give the BG a chance to guard the prison. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Color me seriously confused.

Ditto. I hopped off the bandwagon when I realized that could happen so easily. That's why I'm a bit worried about Schmidty at this point.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #744
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Ditto. I hopped off the bandwagon when I realized that could happen so easily. That's why I'm a bit worried about Schmidty at this point.

Well, I was worried about Schmidty when he seemed to lobby to be King so adamently, but we all know the king has to be replaced at some point, so I'm not too worried about going his direction yet.

But the inside job thing does make me wonder about him.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #745
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Umm.. no. I keep it up to date in Excel in a slightly different format. I tend to post it whenever somebody asks for it.. takes a couple of minutes to do.

Like I said, it is a small thing, but it pinged me a little bit. It's not something damning, but I don't really like the current candidates.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:47 PM   #746
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I suck at statistics, but if we have 3 players in there and they each have a 20% chance of being identified, we will have a better than average chance that at least one of them will be revealed to us. And we win either way, because he's either revealed as a villager and can be released (starting a COT), or as a wolf and can be lynched.

Your statement implies that by day 5 we're likely to only have one player identified. I don't think that's right.
Yeah the math on that is tricky. I'm having a little trouble putting it together. But, according to my calculations, there's only a 4% chance that we learn 0 people's auras by Day 5. But remember just because we learn an aura doesn't find us a wolf. Randomly picking someone to lynch is going to produce better results until we've got a fairly long timetable.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:47 PM   #747
Schmidty
Coordinator

If Pass isn't lynched or put back in, I am tempted to change the vote to him.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #748
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

BK, considering changing your lynch candidate based on clap dropping out?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #749
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
If Pass isn't lynched or put back in, I am tempted to change the vote to him.

Honestly, I think the vote should be just about anything other than what it is at this point.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #750
Barkeep49
Coordinator

BTW: These calculations are even more shot with Pass not being in jail. That 4% actually is 12% now because we'll only have 1 person in jail tonight. And that assumes no more breakouts.