Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2009, 12:23 PM   #1001
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
FWIW, this information was in the rules.

Right. I wasn't trying to say that the info was not in the rules and that he was making it up or anything -- just that when I asked him about it, he wouldn't show me where in the rules it said that, which made me think someone else told him about it.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:23 PM   #1002
Autumn
Head Coach

If Pass told Abe/Clap that he was Arbitro then I don't know why Clap would release him if Clap was a wolf. At that point the DO was alive and they could have night killed Pass and taken care of that threat. THe only possibility I can see there is if Clap had already told Pass that he could release him, and then didn't want to renege and have pass publish a damning story.

But that seems unlikely. I think either Pass/Abe are both villager or both wolves.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #1003
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
If Pass told Abe/Clap that he was Arbitro then I don't know why Clap would release him if Clap was a wolf. At that point the DO was alive and they could have night killed Pass and taken care of that threat. THe only possibility I can see there is if Clap had already told Pass that he could release him, and then didn't want to renege and have pass publish a damning story.

But that seems unlikely. I think either Pass/Abe are both villager or both wolves.

easiest way to settle that is to lynch one of them, but if its villager/villager we're hurting ourselves for little gain.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:30 PM   #1004
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, unless someone counter reveals as Arbitro I don't think we need to lynch.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #1005
The Jackal
Coordinator

I mean if we elect Pass as King and jail abe.. if pass trusts him won't he just release him?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #1006
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I mean if we elect Pass as King and jail abe.. if pass trusts him won't he just release him?

Post 992 would provide interesting reading for you.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #1007
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Post 992 would provide interesting reading for you.

Thanks.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #1008
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well for now:

ELECT PASS KING
Old 06-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #1009
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I would like to hear from Abe, but for the most part, Pass's story has vibed, and no one has come forth to deny his claim as Arbitro at this point. So I am up for him as king as well (barring further evidence to the contrary arising).

VOTE ELECT PASSACAGLIA KING

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:13 PM   #1010
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

They couldn't night kill him while he was in jail, right?

Maybe they released him so they could night kill him last night with the added benefit of possibly getting the heat off of clap.

Of course, once Schmidty duked the Dark One, they didn't need to nightkill pass any more since Arbitro isn't a threat to them any more.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:17 PM   #1011
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am wondering if maybe Clap saw he was about to go down so he released Pass to try and gain trust?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:17 PM   #1012
KWhit
Coordinator

Overall, I'm getting a good vibe from Pass. His story seems legit. But clap? Not so much. It's hard to not let his odd play from last night color my suspicion, but Tyrith's posts regarding his likely innocence last night weird me out in a major way. He had like 5 posts saying we should move off of clap during the last hour before deadline last night.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:18 PM   #1013
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am wondering if maybe Clap saw he was about to go down so he released Pass to try and gain trust?

Or did he do it to try to divert suspicion towards Pass?
Old 06-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #1014
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post

Maybe they released him so they could night kill him last night with the added benefit of possibly getting the heat off of clap.

Of course, once Schmidty duked the Dark One, they didn't need to nightkill pass any more since Arbitro isn't a threat to them any more.

For a while I thought they couldn't. Only the Dark One can attack people in jail, and I thought that as Arbitro I would slay him (which is part of the reason I was okay going to jail, the other part is that I genuinely did think I would be busy). I didn't think about how I lose my powers in jail, though, so the Dark One could have killed me there (I didn't tell clap that I screwed it up, though).
Old 06-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #1015
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
For a while I thought they couldn't. Only the Dark One can attack people in jail, and I thought that as Arbitro I would slay him (which is part of the reason I was okay going to jail, the other part is that I genuinely did think I would be busy). I didn't think about how I lose my powers in jail, though, so the Dark One could have killed me there (I didn't tell clap that I screwed it up, though).

You're right.

Quote:
Players inside the jail may be scanned by the seer and may only be night killed by The Dark One himself.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:27 PM   #1016
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh you're right, only the DO can night kill in jail. I didn't realize that. Well, it's still possible they could have done so.

I basically agree that Clap/Abe is still not quite cleared, especially given Tyrith's seeming desire to clear him. But I keep thinking that it's unlikely a wolf would have that role that Clap/Abe seems to have.

VOTE TO ELECT PASSACAGLIA KING

Again, I hope if anyone has a counter reveal they will do it early.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #1017
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

But I keep thinking that it's unlikely a wolf would have that role that Clap/Abe seems to have.

I don't. I also know Dubb is a big WoW player, I could easily seeing their being a rogue mechanic for a wolf where they could pick a lock or something
Old 06-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #1018
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I don't. I also know Dubb is a big WoW player, I could easily seeing their being a rogue mechanic for a wolf where they could pick a lock or something

But would they have the ability to converse with prisoners before releasing them? That doesn't fit the "rogue" role. Sounds more like he was a prison guard. But nothing says that a prison guard can't be a follower of the DO.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #1019
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Old 06-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #1020
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

who dat?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #1021
Passacaglia
Coordinator

The Do
Old 06-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #1022
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

who dey?
Old 06-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #1023
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

some band?
Old 06-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #1024
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i never heard of?
Old 06-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #1025
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i never heard of?

Well I don't know if you've heard of them! Although I'm leaning toward saying you haven't..
Old 06-10-2009, 02:08 PM   #1026
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

VOTE PASS KING

Based on my earlier post believing him.
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:12 PM   #1027
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Good Abe is here maybe he can shed some light on the jail break
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:17 PM   #1028
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I the necro game I was a bad guy and had the ability to communicate with a good guy, so I wouldn't rule out that possibility
Old 06-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #1029
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
Good Abe is here maybe he can shed some light on the jail break

.......and nothing is said
Old 06-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #1030
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

<----------------------------------
<----------------------------------

threadkiller
Old 06-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #1031
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I am very busy in work tody aand I am not nearly caught up, so I will be unable to contnribute meaningfully for a while yet, bear with me.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #1032
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Dubb: question...

Lord Righteous and the White Knight had PM rights, correct? Am I interpreting the PM rights portion under the "Order of Righteousness" part of the rules correctly?

They did, yes.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #1033
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
bolded is mine from the rules

FYI

I would like to clarify that. You may vote for yourself for king. You may not vote for yourself for lynch/jail.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #1034
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I would like to clarify that. You may vote for yourself for king. You may not vote for yourself for lynch/jail.

Just FYI.. you let Pass vote for himself on Day 1. Doesn't change the outcome though.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #1035
saldana
Pro Starter

vote pass for king

no idea who to vote for jail/lynch right now, although i still stand behind my concept from yesterday that we need to lynch to learn anything.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #1036
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I would suggest anyone who has a counterclaim to Pass's role make that counterreveal very early today. We have a chance at forming a COT or rooting out a wolf right here and someone "revealing" at the last moment would be bad form, I think.

If no one is coming out soon I will be moving back to voting Pass as King I think. It would bump Abe up to a trusted list to my mind also, though it's remotely possible he's still bad.

STill, if both are good I have to think about Tyrith's behavior to make any sense of it.

I'm catching up but I don't see how Abe gets any trust out of this at all. I'm feeling almost exactly the opposite and am leaning towards him being my lynch vote tonight.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:37 PM   #1037
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Just FYI.. you let Pass vote for himself on Day 1. Doesn't change the outcome though.

, I'm far from perfect.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:39 PM   #1038
Telle
College Starter

VOTE PASSACAGLIA KING

Seems to be the closest we have to anyone being trusted.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:39 PM   #1039
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Quote:

I think either of these are valid reasons not to trust clap/Abe, BTW.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #1040
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I'm catching up but I don't see how Abe gets any trust out of this at all. I'm feeling almost exactly the opposite and am leaning towards him being my lynch vote tonight.

I'm leaning that way as well...Could be a trust thing and it also hopefully gives us control over the jail mechanic outside of a jail break anyways...
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:45 PM   #1041
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:

The Dark One could have killed Pass in jail...and was still alive when he was released.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #1042
path12
Coordinator

Bottom line for me, Pass' story rings true so far and absent a counter I've no problem voting him King.

I am voting to lynch rather than jail for multiple reasons we all went over yesterday. Here are the reasons why it's going to Abe:

1) clap's behavior yesterday.
2) it makes sense for a wolf to spring Pass once they knew his role to try for the night kill.
3) I see no reason to think that someone who has the power to speak to prisoners/break them out of jail will have any other power that will greatly hurt the village if they happen to be good (eg seer, BG, etc).

So, that said:

VOTE PASS KING
VOTE ABE LYNCH

I'll have time to reconsider the lynch vote before deadline (I think I'll be back before then).
Old 06-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #1043
RendeR
Coordinator

wow, slow afternoon.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #1044
Autumn
Head Coach

Very slow. I can see the case on Abe, but I'd lke to see another candidate in the offering as well. I'm going to have to think to come upiwth one I guess.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:30 PM   #1045
MartinD
High School Varsity

While I can still see Pass being one of the bad guys, I think that it's pretty unlikely, so I'll follow along with the general consensus:

VOTE PASSACAGLIA KING

In terms of today's lynch/jail vote, Abe seems to be the obvious candidate to me (although that's based almost exclusively on claphamsa's actions near the end of day 2 (which looked very suspicious to me), not on anything that Abe's done since he took over).

The unexpected release of Pass during the day phase does make me wonder about the effectiveness of using the jail option rather than going for the 'traditional' lynch - on the other hand, killing someone instead of sticking them in the slammer is sort of permanent.

Flipping back to the 'lynch over jail' argument - if you're pretty sure that you've got a wolf, why go with the jail option?

VOTE ABE SARGENT LYNCH
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:35 PM   #1046
MartinD
High School Varsity

OK, that's me done for the night. I suspect that I won't be around much tomorrow (am golfing almost immediately after work, and probably won't be particularly awake afterwards!), but that will give me more time to think about how Lathum's percentages could work in favour of the village.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #1047
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm going to be gone until after King deadline, but it seems like that's mostly settled at this point. I'm not sure where I'll vote for jail/lynch but hopefully will come up with something by then.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:44 PM   #1048
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote Pass King
Old 06-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #1049
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I realize it comes down to getting a read on things, but I am pretty sure Abe's not a wolf. I could see the Cultist, but not a wolf. I think we're making a mistake lynching him if we're looking for a wolf.

Those of you trying to play up clap's play with Pass are going to far lengths, IMO, to lynch him, when instead you could be looking at other options. It strikes me as odd to see people going for the difficult explanation and moving past the easy one. Occam's razor--clap's probably who he told Pass he is.

Since it is increasingly likely that Pass is who he says he is, too, given no counter reveal Arbitro, we can be sure he's not lying about what clap told him.

Now, I'm not saying we should extend clap's successor trust at all. But I do tihnk he's bought himself a bye on a lynch at least, because unlike most of the rest of us, he actually has some evidence he might be a villager.

I'll admit I haven't focused on other options myself yet, so I would do best tot ake my own advice there.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:50 PM   #1050
SnDvls
Pro Starter

vote lynch Autumn

hate to throw another name in there, but you've been all over the place today and all over me yesterday. You are really pinging my radar because of that.
I really want to give Abe the benefit of the doubt and I think some might be holding what clap did/has done against him. I've been in the "replacement role" before so I know what it's like. We'll see I guess.