Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-15-2010, 10:16 AM   #1051
hoopsguy
General Manager

In all cases, Henry's votes remained fixed. I believe he was available at deadline on most/all days, but can't say that with certainty.

Day 1 - vote for DT made a four-way tie with two votes. Others with two were Dubb, Darth, and Hoops.

Day 2 - vote for KWhit made it 4-3-3, bringing KWhit even with PurdueBrad and one back of CrimsonFox.

Day 3 - vote for RendeR makes total 5-3, opening up lead for RendeR over Saldana.

Day 4 - vote for CF pushes him out to 3-2-2 lead, breaking tie with Saldana and Schmidty.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #1052
hoopsguy
General Manager

Likely out until this afternoon, but will go post diving on Henry's stuff then. I'm not hopeful of getting any gems, but you never know.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #1053
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This probably was addressed but can the Governor pardon themselves?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:32 AM   #1054
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rules post
The Governor - May issue a one time pardon of a player that is being lynched, if pardoned the player's role will be revealed but they will not be lynched.

i would say yes.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:38 AM   #1055
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Well I am wondering if that is an absolute or not.

TBH I think lynching Saldana may be the best move today. We are going to have to do it at some point, and the smaller the wolf/villager ratio gets the harder it will be to accomplish. I would rather not be in an end game situation where it will take 2 days to lynch the person we suspect.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:43 AM   #1056
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
here is a fact that you cannot dispute...in voting for me, and attempting to get others to vote for me, you are pushing for yet another day of no lynch, which helps the village absolutely zero

If the governor is a wolf, we have to burn a day of no-lynch to be able to lynch them no matter what we do I think. Can it be blocked w/ a slutting?
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #1057
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well I am wondering if that is an absolute or not.

TBH I think lynching Saldana may be the best move today. We are going to have to do it at some point, and the smaller the wolf/villager ratio gets the harder it will be to accomplish. I would rather not be in an end game situation where it will take 2 days to lynch the person we suspect.

and just what is it that makes you suspicious of me...so far the only people that have been on me are dubb, who always wants to lynch me, and IMO, is being extra stubborn this game, and CF, who you nearly had a Blademoment with yesterday.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #1058
RendeR
Coordinator

I will not be around for deadline tonight (Friday night out with the boys) So I will be getting my vote in early. I have 3 suspects on my list based on what others have posted thus far:

Henry - based on his voting record
Saldana - based on his responses to others (they just rub me wrong, nothing concrete, and if he is the governor and a wolf we have to hit him twice)
Schmidty - I think he's playing the "stupid" card regarding his choices of people to put on Ice. He's sneaky like that sometimes.

I'd welcome anyone elses thoughts on which to go after first. I'm open to all three.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #1059
saldana
Pro Starter

for those of you that are thinking of voting me under the pretense that i would be a great wolf since you have to vote me twice, i make this offer, even though i dont think it does much in terms of helping the village (which is why i havent used my powers yet)

pick someone else to lynch, and I will waste my pardon on them tonight.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #1060
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
and just what is it that makes you suspicious of me...so far the only people that have been on me are dubb, who always wants to lynch me, and IMO, is being extra stubborn this game, and CF, who you nearly had a Blademoment with yesterday.

Never said I was. But at some point you will plobably be lynched. My only point was that it may be eaiser to do it now.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #1061
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I asked Danny this, he said yes.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:33 AM   #1062
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I will not be around for deadline tonight (Friday night out with the boys) So I will be getting my vote in early. I have 3 suspects on my list based on what others have posted thus far:

Henry - based on his voting record
Saldana - based on his responses to others (they just rub me wrong, nothing concrete, and if he is the governor and a wolf we have to hit him twice)
Schmidty - I think he's playing the "stupid" card regarding his choices of people to put on Ice. He's sneaky like that sometimes.

I'd welcome anyone elses thoughts on which to go after first. I'm open to all three.

Well, henry got lynched last night, so I'd probably go in a different direction.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #1063
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

This does not sound like a request a villager would make Sal. If you can pardon yourself why lynch someone else? What does it prove? Or are you planning on saying something like "haha, I got you guys," tomorrow after you don't use your power?

dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #1064
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

If I were the Governor, I would not let anyone know. Because that means the wolves would know. And since the wolves know that it will be hard to lynch the governor, they would kill me quickly. So I would keep it quiet.

Saldana has been telling everyone, seemingly issuing a challenge to people. And his vagueness really screams bluff. He isn't the survior. He isn't the gladiator. Only thing he could be is the governor (if he isn't bluffing)

Also, he has the power to pardon and hasn't used it. I'm not sure how the pardon works. Do you say "I'm pardoning "so and so""? or "I'm pardoning whoever is lynched today." And when do you do it? I'm guessing before the deadline as that's how my ability works too. He could have pardoned DT or PB or Kwhit perhaps but hasn't made a move.

Based on the first point at least more than the second,

VOTE SALDANA
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #1065
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
If the governor is a wolf, we have to burn a day of no-lynch to be able to lynch them no matter what we do I think. Can it be blocked w/ a slutting?

I have no idea. The rules on some of this aren't excatly explicit. Danny?
Old 01-15-2010, 12:01 PM   #1066
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
In all cases, Henry's votes remained fixed. I believe he was available at deadline on most/all days, but can't say that with certainty.

Day 1 - vote for DT made a four-way tie with two votes. Others with two were Dubb, Darth, and Hoops.

Day 2 - vote for KWhit made it 4-3-3, bringing KWhit even with PurdueBrad and one back of CrimsonFox.

Day 3 - vote for RendeR makes total 5-3, opening up lead for RendeR over Saldana.

Day 4 - vote for CF pushes him out to 3-2-2 lead, breaking tie with Saldana and Schmidty.

These two. A possible "Save Saldana" move.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:13 PM   #1067
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
This does not sound like a request a villager would make Sal. If you can pardon yourself why lynch someone else? What does it prove? Or are you planning on saying something like "haha, I got you guys," tomorrow after you don't use your power?

I agree. I'm not really sure what Saldana's plan would prove except if he is a wolf he would NOT grant the pardon, we kill a villager then have to spend the next two days trying to kill him.

If he does grant the pardon we still go a day with no lynch and someones role will be revealed.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:43 PM   #1068
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I have to get a vote in as my day is about to get hectic (little guy sent home from day care, need to leave work early). Should check in later sorry.

vote Saldana
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #1069
hoopsguy
General Manager

This is what I show for votes, as of Post #1068:

(1046) - Dubb votes for Saldana (Saldana 1)
(1047) - Saldana votes for Schmidty (Saldana 1, Schmidty 1)
(1064) - CF votes Saldana (Saldana 2, Schmidty 1)
(1068) - PB votes Saldana (Saldana 3, Schmidty 1)
Old 01-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #1070
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
I think the Path / Hoops discussion is typical day 1 banter with nothing else to go on and the dub votes are typical day 1. With nothing else to go on, I'll keep it close.

VOTE DaddyTorgo

This was the only meaningful post on Day 1 from Henry.

The timing of this was a little more than an hour before deadline (8:07 PM EST). This vote created a four-way tie with two votes between me, darth, dubb, and DT (known villager). An argument could be made that he was protecting any one of the three of us at that time.

Assuming he was around at the deadline and did not move his vote, the argument would be that he was protecting me since DT edged me out 5-4.

My personal takeaway from Day 1, based on knowing my own role/allegiances, is to look a little more closely at Dubb and Darth a a result. But with me not being cleared, I certainly expect to draw some scrutiny here.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #1071
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I guess we can start the day by looking at who voted for GrannyTorgo.

5 DaddyTorgo - Autumn (151), henry296 (159), EagleFan (162), Kwhit (168), 1 Lathum (173)

Working through this list, we have the following on DT:
Villagers: Autumn, EagleFan
Wolves: Henry
Neutral prior to resurrection: Lathum
Unknown: KWhit
Old 01-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #1072
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
This was the only meaningful post on Day 1 from Henry.

The timing of this was a little more than an hour before deadline (8:07 PM EST). This vote created a four-way tie with two votes between me, darth, dubb, and DT (known villager). An argument could be made that he was protecting any one of the three of us at that time.

Assuming he was around at the deadline and did not move his vote, the argument would be that he was protecting me since DT edged me out 5-4.

My personal takeaway from Day 1, based on knowing my own role/allegiances, is to look a little more closely at Dubb and Darth a a result. But with me not being cleared, I certainly expect to draw some scrutiny here.

Darth has been on my minor radar since the middle of the game, dubb not at all.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:14 PM   #1073
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Working through this list, we have the following on DT:
Villagers: Autumn, EagleFan
Wolves: Henry
Neutral prior to resurrection: Lathum
Unknown: KWhit

Lathum IS a villager tho right? He has to be. How do you know EF is a villager? I've lost track.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:20 PM   #1074
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Just a reminder that my only day access is via phone so it may look like I'm one because my phone is on the site. I try to read when I get a free minute during the day. It is also why I probably won't post a lot.

I'm now home and had dinner...

I do trust Path and Lathum as that is a horrible move for a wolf. I think we could very easily focus on the no voters, DT voters and Hoops voters as each as 4 uncleared players.

I think Crimson Fox is also ok as he see his play as more typical newbie than wolf. Given the current run on PurdueBrad, I'll think I'll hold off to see if we get more momentum anywhere else.

Quote:
I'm going to keep this close and go for Kwhit who was one of the DT voters.

VOTE Kwhit

These were all of the Day 2 posts by Henry. We did get some more commentary from him than on Day 1, perhaps as a by-product of CrimsonFox bringing his name up several times.

The KWhit vote at this point moved the vote to 4-3-3 between CrimsonFox (a candidate that seemed to be losing momentum at the time) PB, and KWhit. This nudges KWhit up a fair amount in my eyes as it definitely helped push him towards a "final two" lynch candidate when it was not remotely a foregone conclusion before this vote.

I'm having a hard time putting him on "saving" CrimsonFox, given that it was their spat last night that led to Henry getting lynched. The only way that makes sense is if Crimson's role was a heck of a lot more important than Henry's and they set the whole thing up last night.

So that leaves PB as the biggest beneficiary at the time of this vote, as far as I can tell.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:22 PM   #1075
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Lathum IS a villager tho right? He has to be. How do you know EF is a villager? I've lost track.

Lathum no longer has his neutral role. He is on the same side as the resurrector at this point. It is widely assumed that he is a villager now.

But at the time of the vote, he was neutral. So there was no coordination of his vote to try and help/hurt either side more than the other.

EagleFan is now dead as the seer, a known good role and he is listed in green in post #2. I feel pretty safe with this assumption
Old 01-15-2010, 01:30 PM   #1076
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm having a hard time putting him on "saving" CrimsonFox, given that it was their spat last night that led to Henry getting lynched. The only way that makes sense is if Crimson's role was a heck of a lot more important than Henry's and they set the whole thing up last night.

The more ironic thing was that it was henry who posted to "push me to revealing my information" and voted for me. This led directly to his demise.
But I'm thinking it was an attempt to a) as a wolf find out just what info I DID know, b) start the ball rolling even MORE for votes towards me (which it did)

ntn followed henry in this. But at this point I trust ntn a LOT! as he unvoted for me BEFORE any momentum against henry existed and voted for henry beofre it was a runaway.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #1077
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote Saldana

Not a fan of his plan to pardon someone else when he can just as easily pardon himself. All it does is reveal soeones role or screw us out of another day if he is a wolf.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #1078
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

This makes 0 sense to me. I really don't doubt your role at this point, but using your role on someone else would be no different than using it on yourself. The only difference is that you have the option to not use your power if you wanted someone else lynched.

vote Saldana
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #1079
RendeR
Coordinator

Vote Saldana

I'm out till the wee early hours of tomorrow morning.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #1080
The Jackal
Coordinator

Just got caught up, wow. So, I understand the angle people are using to look at me with Henry offering me up to buy me confidence before he died (and btw thank you to everyone who realized that was such a bad lie and didn't just auto vote me before the deadline), and there's nothing much I can do to convince you otherwise until I use my power.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #1081
Schmidty
Coordinator

[quote=RendeR;2204830
Schmidty - I think he's playing the "stupid" card regarding his choices of people to put on Ice. He's sneaky like that sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Nope. I'm just playing a really bad game this time. My recent decent play went by the wayside this game.

The people voting for me have every right to do so, because I've made my own bed this game.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #1082
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Schmidty, no vote today?

Just noticed this.

I did vote for Autumn.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #1083
hoopsguy
General Manager

Updated votes as of post #1082:

(1046) - Dubb votes for Saldana (Saldana 1)
(1047) - Saldana votes for Schmidty (Saldana 1, Schmidty 1)
(1064) - CF votes Saldana (Saldana 2, Schmidty 1)
(1068) - PB votes Saldana (Saldana 3, Schmidty 1)
(1077) - Lathum votes Saldana (Saldana 4, Schmidty 1)
(1078) - J23 votes Saldana (Saldana 5, Schmidty 1)
(1079) - RendeR votes Saldana (Saldana 6, Schmidty 1)
Old 01-15-2010, 03:15 PM   #1084
Schmidty
Coordinator

Vote saldana
Old 01-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #1085
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Have we talked about weekend play at all?
Old 01-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #1086
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'll be on and off tonight, but feel comfortable with my vote.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #1087
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Just got caught up, wow. So, I understand the angle people are using to look at me with Henry offering me up to buy me confidence before he died (and btw thank you to everyone who realized that was such a bad lie and didn't just auto vote me before the deadline), and there's nothing much I can do to convince you otherwise until I use my power.

I'm not convinced you're good, but you have moved up the ladder priority-wise.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #1088
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Have we talked about weekend play at all?

This weekend is not great for me. But whatever folks want to do, I could pop in for a vote.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #1089
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

As far as weekend play Saturdays are a complete crapshoot for me. I would prefer not to have a Saturday deadline.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:55 PM   #1090
The Jackal
Coordinator

Might as well come out with this - I'm the soothsayer and used my power on Schmidty's post 1037 "I am not a wolf".

This statement is true.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:55 PM   #1091
The Jackal
Coordinator

I thought about conserving it but since we're not going to have two people claim seer or anything, might as well clear someone who's not going to be cleared in a different way.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:57 PM   #1092
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I thought about conserving it but since we're not going to have two people claim seer or anything, might as well clear someone who's not going to be cleared in a different way.

Unless you are a wolf, in which case your claim means nothing
Old 01-15-2010, 03:57 PM   #1093
Schmidty
Coordinator

Thank you, sir!!
Old 01-15-2010, 03:59 PM   #1094
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

Right. Well, you can lynch me if you want and then know Schmidty is good. I don't really care, my access sucks right now.

It's a runaway on saldana at the moment, correct?
Old 01-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #1095
Danny
Head Coach

[quote=CrimsonFox;2204864]I have no idea. The rules on some of this aren't excatly explicit. Danny?[/QUOTE

The governor is a lynch related action and therefore comes before the slut action in the order of processed actions, so in short a slut does not prevent the governor from using his ability
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:16 PM   #1096
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

Since henry implicated Jackal I really don't think Jackal is guilty of anything, thus believe his statement about Schmidty. Thus I don't think either are wolves.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:16 PM   #1097
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Vote Saldana

After what everyone is saying it looks like saldana is a wolf.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #1098
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I'm kinda weirded out by DV's voting patterns too. Just out of nowhere for no reason. Not sure.

That's true, my votes have been out there huh? Like i have a mental illness or something. I guess i'm just crazy like that :-)

Let's lynch hoops tomorrow please :-)

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 01-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #1099
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

or i guess that would be monday

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 01-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #1100
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not sure what to make of Jackal's reveal. I would be absolutely floored if a villager iced KWhit the day after he was almost lynched and then iced me yesterday after I had been campaigning to get Saldana lynched the previous two days. I guess it comes down to either you could see a villager make those plays and if you could then Jackal + Schmidty must be villagers, if not then maybe we have all of the wolves in our sights and they are trying to figure a way out of it with Jackal's reveal, Schmidty's apathy and Saldana offering to use his power if we lynch someone other than him.